PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker could be on the trading block this summer

Kakaroach
05-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Spurs guard Tony Parker, who awaits an MRI on his injured shoulder, might be on the trading block this summer.

ESPN's Marc Stein writes, "[Parker] has only one season left on his contract ($13.5 million) after this season and, according to a recent report in the San Antonio Express-News, has told friends that he's unsure about his future in town after the contract extension recently bestowed upon Ginobili and with second-year guard George Hill capable of playing the same position."

That's a mouthful, and at the very least it sets the stage for an interesting summer. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=spurs-sunsgame3-100508

LEBRON_KING_23
05-08-2010, 02:37 PM
lol spurs bout to get swept

Raps18-19 Champ
05-08-2010, 02:37 PM
I offer both Calderon and Jack for Tony Parker.

kurivaimu
05-08-2010, 02:45 PM
When healthy Parker creates a lot of problems for opposing defenses. If hes on the block then i think a lot of teams will go after him.

RipVW
05-08-2010, 02:46 PM
The Lakers should be all over this.

J-Relo
05-08-2010, 02:46 PM
everyone COULD be

smith&wesson
05-08-2010, 02:49 PM
hmm,

calderon & evans for parker. salaries match.

=)

djeller1139
05-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Warriors should give em Monta or Maggette for Parker and something else (Tiago Splitter? Pick(s)?)

*Silver&Black*
05-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Sign and trade Joe Johnson for Tony? We would then get rid of Bibby and have a Parker/Crawford backcourt.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-08-2010, 02:53 PM
hmm,

calderon & evans for parker. salaries match.

=)

Calderon doesn't match their system.

If anything, a Jack, Evans and Banks for Parker and Mason trade could work.

They get 3 defensive players and it gives them a chance to develop George Hill.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Sign and trade Joe Johnson for Tony? We would then get rid of Bibby and have a Parker/Crawford backcourt.

Why would you even consider trading Joe Johnson. I'd give you Bosh for Johnson.

*Silver&Black*
05-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Why would you even consider trading Joe Johnson. I'd give you Bosh for Johnson.

The way our team is, we need a PG who can drive and get easy points not hold on to the ball throughout the shot clock then decide to jack up a shot when you have 3 very capable forwards (Marvin, Josh, and Al) that can score.

Joe is prob going to leave either way. He would prob want a sign and trade to a team with Tim Duncan than sign with a Knicks team, IMO. Tony Parker would then be on a top 3 East team with Crawford, Smith, Horford, and Williams all good players.

The thing would be, could we unload Bibby. If we can, we could get some cap space back, or some type of player.

Hawkeye15
05-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Parker wont fetch as much as many think. He is hurt to often

Iodine
05-08-2010, 03:04 PM
If we could get Joe Johnson for TP I would jizz so hard

abe_froman
05-08-2010, 03:05 PM
to the lakers?

STAT32
05-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Wow, that's tacky... The guy is in the middle of a playoff series and he's spouting his mouth about whether or not he's gonna be a Spur next year. I feel for Spurs fans, what a d*ck move by TP.

Jays Claw
05-08-2010, 03:09 PM
I'll be happy to get him on the Raptors.

To Toronto:

- Tony Parker (PG)

To San Antonio:

- Marco Belinelli (SG)
- Marcus Banks (PG)
- Reggie Evans (PF)

sp1derm00
05-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Uh.... Bynum for TP or Bosh?

Iodine
05-08-2010, 03:18 PM

To Toronto:

- Tony Parker (PG)

To San Antonio:

- Marco Belinelli (SG)
- Marcus Banks (PG)
- Reggie Evans (PF)

Lolololol

I have nothing else to say

AI4MVP
05-08-2010, 03:19 PM
if i were the lakers and i knew Tony Parker could be had I would jump on that. I dont think the Lakers have the pieces, unless they wanna trade Bynum (which would make Odom at PF and Gasol at C, a lineup which i think works better for them and most successful).

Tony Parker
Kobe Bryant
Ron Artest
Lamar Odom
Andrew Bynum

with a healthy parker, noone i mean NOONE will be able to beat that team. they would win 70+ games

STAT32
05-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Not to mention, Tony Parker is a dominant ball-handler. That's why you rarely see Manu and Tony start together. Who handles the ball between Parker and Kobe?

SA5195
05-08-2010, 03:22 PM

To Toronto:

- Tony Parker (PG)

To San Antonio:

- Marco Belinelli (SG)
- Marcus Banks (PG)
- Reggie Evans (PF)

I would love him in Toronto too.

But c'mon, Reggie can't catch the ball, Banks sucks ***, and Marco is one of the most inconsistent players.

No one would be dumb enough to take 3 bench players for a good PG.

VCaintdead17
05-08-2010, 03:26 PM
God, i would love a Granger-Parker combo.

PurpleJesus
05-08-2010, 03:27 PM

To Toronto:

- Tony Parker (PG)

To San Antonio:

- Marco Belinelli (SG)
- Marcus Banks (PG)
- Reggie Evans (PF)

lol

Calderon would have to be involved in the deal...another one of your starters, and probably a draft pick

Iodine
05-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Calling Banks a bench player offends Calvin Booth

AI4MVP
05-08-2010, 03:29 PM
cmon guys. it would take alot to get him. when hes healthy hes just as unstoppable as any point guard in the nba

VCaintdead17
05-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Tenth overall pick+Brandon Rush+Troy Murphy for Parker?

Jahari Kavi
05-08-2010, 03:33 PM
something tells me parker will be back.......

IversonIsKrazy
05-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Parker for Joe Johnson

Hill/JJ/Manu/Duncan/Dyess

Parker for Rudy Gay

Hill/Manu/Rudy/Duncan/Dyess

Parker + Mason + Ratliff for Chris Bosh

Hill/Manu/RJ/Bosh/Duncan <-- this would be a championship team

All I can think of are sign-and-trades for the free agents this summer, but man would that be dope.

Honestly tho, as much as I have hated this years playoffs, I wouldn't want to see Parker in another uni than the black and silver.

godolphins
05-08-2010, 03:38 PM
If miami resign Wade and sign Bosh we should trade for Parker.

thescore53
05-08-2010, 03:40 PM
he's a euro right? then it's obviously T.O,

JNA17
05-08-2010, 03:48 PM
when the off-season comes and the spurs are serious, then the lakers better jump first on this.

ldc62
05-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Euro + Toronto Raptors go hand in hand... I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Raps jersey tho.

iggypop123
05-08-2010, 03:58 PM
when the off-season comes and the spurs are serious, then the lakers better jump first on this.

only reason spurs are considering this is to get a big to compliment DUncan. we aint trading bynum. i dont know what teams are willing to give up a big for parker(and longoria)

Jays Claw
05-08-2010, 04:01 PM
The Spurs could take Jose Calderon. In fact, I'll drive him right to San Antonio. However, the thing is, they don't need him. The Spurs should look into picking up a T.J Ford or Jarrett Jack. I would be hesitant to trade Jarrett Jack for Tony Parker. Why? Well, Tony Parker hasn't been healthy as of late while Jarrett Jack has.

heattiltheend94
05-08-2010, 04:04 PM
PArker to the Lakers would be a great fit,

JordansBulls
05-08-2010, 04:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=spurs-sunsgame3-100508

Parker and Manu for CP3.

Joshtd1
05-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Parker and Manu for CP3.

No thanks

Raps18-19 Champ
05-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Three way trade just for the fun of it.

Spurs receive:Andrew Bynum, Jarrett Jack, Hedo Turkoglu, Rasho Nesterovic, Marco Bellinelli, Reggie Evans.(Gives up 5 players and receive 6)

Raptors receive: Tony Parker, Richard Jefferson, Lamar Odom, Antonio Mcdyess, Shannon Brown, Roger Mason(Gives up 7 players and receive 6)

Lakers receive:Chris Bosh, Jose Calderon, Matt Bonner(Gives up 3 players and receive 3)

Lakers
C-Gasol, Mbenga, Powell
PF-Bosh, Bonner
SF-Artest, Vujachic, Walton
SG-Bryant, Farmar
PG-Fisher, Calderon
Sign big man with MLE.

Raptors
C-Bargnani, Mydyess, Whiteside(Draft)
PF-Odom, Johnson, Dorsey
SF-Jefferson, Wright,
SG-Weems, Derozan, Mason
PG-Parker, Brown, Banks
Sign backup pass first combo guard with MLE.

Spurs
C-Bynum, Splitter, Evans, Nesterovic
PF-Duncan, Blair
SF-Turkoglu, Bogans, Hairston
SG-Ginobli, Belinelli, Temple
PG-Hill, Jack, Jerrells
Sign a backup wing with MLE.

Joshtd1
05-08-2010, 04:22 PM
If Parker would stop ball hogging and holding the ball forever when he has it I would like him more. Last season went to his head I think.

If Spurs trade him they would, it would take a decent amount to get him. He isnt a scrub, and is in his prime right now.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-08-2010, 04:23 PM
No thanks

It wouldn't just be CP3. It could be something like CP3, Posey and Peterson for Ginobli and Parker.

C-McDyess, Bonner
PF-Duncan, Blair
SF-Jefferson, Peteson
SG-Posey, Mason
PG-Paul, Hill

KB24PG16
05-08-2010, 04:45 PM
i doubt eva will accept living in toronto

Ovratd1up
05-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Tony + RJ = Iggy + Jrue + Brand + 1st

Hill/Jrue
Manu
Iggy
Brand/Blair
Duncan/McDyess

Tony/Lou
Green/Kapono
RJ/Thad
Thad/Speights
Dalambert/Smith

SouljahPhil...
05-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Three way trade just for the fun of it.

Spurs receive:Andrew Bynum, Jarrett Jack, Hedo Turkoglu, Rasho Nesterovic, Marco Bellinelli, Reggie Evans.(Gives up 5 players and receive 6)

Raptors receive: Tony Parker, Richard Jefferson, Lamar Odom, Antonio Mcdyess, Shannon Brown, Roger Mason(Gives up 7 players and receive 6)

Lakers receive:Chris Bosh, Jose Calderon, Matt Bonner(Gives up 3 players and receive 3)

Lakers
C-Gasol, Mbenga, Powell
PF-Bosh, Bonner
SF-Artest, Vujachic, Walton
SG-Bryant, Farmar
PG-Fisher, Calderon
Sign big man with MLE.

Raptors
C-Bargnani, Mydyess, Whiteside(Draft)
PF-Odom, Johnson, Dorsey
SF-Jefferson, Wright,
SG-Weems, Derozan, Mason
PG-Parker, Brown, Banks
Sign backup pass first combo guard with MLE.

Spurs
C-Bynum, Splitter, Evans, Nesterovic
PF-Duncan, Blair
SF-Turkoglu, Bogans, Hairston
SG-Ginobli, Belinelli, Temple
PG-Hill, Jack, Jerrells
Sign a backup wing with MLE.

Holy cow..that's a horrible trade for LA...lol

I'd rather have our core then sign a pg with the mle than do that trade...

Our bench would suck bigtym..hahahaha

I think La would just offer bynum for bosh straight up..

Or maybe for bosh and calderon for bynum and fillers...

We have the leverage in that trade since bosh could leave via FA..If toronto don't bite we move on..We still have our core and we must improve that...

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 05:19 PM

:eyebrow: I did not know this thread was about the Spurs getting swept.

:facepalm:

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 05:21 PM
I could be see Mr. Longoria Parker being traded to the LA Clippers for B. Davis.

GunFactor187
05-08-2010, 05:26 PM
PLEASE bring Eva to Detroit!!!!

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 05:27 PM
PLEASE bring Eva to Detroit!!!!

Really? :eyebrow:

Jays Claw
05-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Bring Eva Longoria to Toronto! :drool:

JordansBulls
05-08-2010, 05:55 PM
I can see Parker being traded for Billups

Jays Claw
05-08-2010, 08:25 PM
I can see Tony Parker being traded for Chauncey Billups.

Yuck! :puke:

The Nuggets don't need to trade Chauncey Billups.

jackdawson
05-08-2010, 08:44 PM
I like Parker and I think he has been very underrated over the years. There will be a lot of takers for him.

tdunk21
05-08-2010, 08:47 PM

To Toronto:

- Tony Parker (PG)

To San Antonio:

- Marco Belinelli (SG)
- Marcus Banks (PG)
- Reggie Evans (PF)

no offense...but its better to let TP's contract expire rather than gettin all that junk

IndiansFan337
05-08-2010, 08:47 PM
That wouldn't surprise me at all, but they're going to have a tough time rebuilding.

They need to add some new role players. That is what has hurt them all season. Guys like McDyess, Bonner, Jefferson, Mason, etc. have been extremely inconsistent. They may be able to add 1-2 guys on cheap 1 year deals to go for one last shot at a championship.

JiffyMix88
05-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Warriors should give em Monta or Maggette for Parker and something else (Tiago Splitter? Pick(s)?)

damn i kinda hope that happens monta for parker pop would make monta a beast!

tdunk21
05-08-2010, 08:51 PM

my fellow cav brother...i am a spurs and cavs fan....but that was totally uncalled for....this isnt about the series......:facepalm:

marlinsfan24
05-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Tony Parker and Dwyane Wade together in Miami?:pray:

SA5195
05-08-2010, 08:59 PM
If Toronto got him, we would have to let go of Hedo. He needs the "ball" more, so does Parker. Hedo's been pretty useless anyways lol

dtmagnet
05-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Bosh for Parker?

BlondeBomber41
05-08-2010, 10:43 PM
You Laker fans and Raptor fans with your posts are cracking me up.

The Spurs would NEVER trade Tony Parker to the Lakers, especially since none of you seem to wanna give up Kobe/Gasol/Bynum. The only way the Spurs would ever consider trading him to the Lakers was if they gave them a can't refuse kinda offer, which they wouldn't.

Then all you Raptor fans trying to throw Jose Calderon in a deal for Parker are all high. Nobody wants that guy, and giving up Parker is the Spurs saying they dont wanna pay a PG a ton of money when they have George Hill for cheap. Why would they trade Parker for another PG who is expensive, and not nearly as good?

tbuk100
05-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Parker wouldn't go to top Western Conference team.

Parker is a great player who shows up in playoffs. But this is the right time to trade him. He hurts his ankle every year and he'll be 28 soon. He's going to lose a step. Trading him at top value makes sense.

ATL makes sense for both teams. Though I'm surprised that Joe Johnson would leave. I lived in Phx when he left for ATL in 2006. He left a team that went to the WCF for a lousy ATL team because he wanted to be in ATL. Why does he want to leave now, especially since the team is good?

Indiana for Troy Murphy would make sense. A 3 pt shooting PF is always something the Spurs are looking for.

Knicks for, uhm, there's no one on the Knicks the Spurs would want, except for David Lee.

Personally, I'd rather see the Spurs trade Jefferson

JNA17
05-08-2010, 11:24 PM

The Spurs would NEVER trade Tony Parker to the Lakers, especially since none of you seem to wanna give up Kobe/Gasol/Bynum. The only way the Spurs would ever consider trading him to the Lakers was if they gave them a can't refuse kinda offer, which they wouldn't.

Then all you Raptor fans trying to throw Jose Calderon in a deal for Parker are all high. Nobody wants that guy, and giving up Parker is the Spurs saying they dont wanna pay a PG a ton of money when they have George Hill for cheap. Why would they trade Parker for another PG who is expensive, and not nearly as good?

he's not going to the mavs either, deal with it ;)

SA5195
05-08-2010, 11:33 PM

lol we know we're not getting Parker for Jose. Some fans just start to go to fantasy world. It doesn't matter what some say, they're not the GM, so it doesn't make any difference.

BlondeBomber41
05-09-2010, 12:56 AM
he's not going to the mavs either, deal with it ;)

I have no interest in Tony Parker, and I never proposed any outlandish, stupid trade now did I?

With Kidd for now and Beaubois for the future the Mavs are as set at PG as any team in the league outside of Utah, Chicago and New Orleans.

heathonater
05-09-2010, 12:56 AM
i will **** my pants for anger if he goes to a top western conference team. in particular la, the last thing opponents need to face against la is a pg capable of taking a game over on offense. send him out east so i dont have to worry about him.

tdunk21
05-09-2010, 01:08 AM
i will **** my pants for anger if he goes to a top western conference team. in particular la, the last thing opponents need to face against la is a pg capable of taking a game over on offense. send him out east so i dont have to worry about him.

if he is to be traded am sure its not goin to be any western conf team.....

Lakersfan2483
05-09-2010, 01:29 AM
He would fit in great with the Lakers.

tdunk21
05-09-2010, 01:33 AM
He would fit in great with the Lakers.

yeah but for whom??

Lakersfan2483
05-09-2010, 01:35 AM
yeah but for whom??

Farmar, Walton and a future draft pick.

tdunk21
05-09-2010, 01:52 AM

we have enough junk in mason,bonner....y would the spurs FO get more crappy players....

Spurred1
05-09-2010, 02:25 AM

:cry::puke::puke::puke::crazy::pity:

Kakaroach
05-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Yeah Parker is not going to a western conference team if they do decided to trade him.

I could see a team like New York or Charlotte trying to get him.

Sadds The Gr8
05-09-2010, 11:54 AM
not surprising after after seeing George Hill's improvement.

cmellofan15
05-09-2010, 12:11 PM
I have no interest in Tony Parker, and I never proposed any outlandish, stupid trade now did I?

With Kidd for now and Beaubois for the future the Mavs are as set at PG as any team in the league outside of Utah, Chicago and New Orleans.

You forgot about JJ Barea

Anyways I'd love to have Parker on the Nuggets, though it probably won't happen

JasonJohnHorn
05-09-2010, 12:49 PM
This would be sad :-(
I love the Spurs big 3 and would like to see them stay together.
The only way I would trade parker is for a big guy (like Chandler maybe) or for a point guard who is a pass-first player and is better than Parker (Rose, D-Will, CP3) but i dont think and team would make a trade like that.

They should work on a contract extension this off-season. Georgre Hill still needs to improve a lot of his game, but will make one of the best point guard rotations with Parker next year.

FaM0us Skins
05-09-2010, 01:07 PM
I hope TP resigns with the Spurs this summer

reffahead
05-09-2010, 04:59 PM
We can all agree TP/future pick to Atl for Johnson makes the most sense. Joe has more or less worn out his welcome in the A. He simply can't carry the full load, then you consider the defensive pressure constantly playing along side Bibby.

Hill
Manu
Joe
?(I trust their scouts get a good player with a solid 1st rounder)
Duncan

Ovratd1up
05-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Parker, RJ, McDyess, Splitter, and a 1st for Johnson, Bibby, Marvin, and Zaza.

Bibby/Hill
Johnson/Manu
Marvin/Johnson
Duncan/Blair
Zaza/Bonner
-Mahimni, 1st

Parker/Teague
Crawford/Evans
RJ/Smith
Smith/Joe Smith
Horford/McDyess
-Splitter, 1st

The Hawks could remain good with that and the Spurs would be contenders again with the most loaded backcourt in the league.

tdunk21
05-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Parker, RJ, McDyess, Splitter, and a 1st for Johnson, Bibby, Marvin, and Zaza.

Bibby/Hill
Johnson/Manu
Marvin/Johnson
Duncan/Blair
Zaza/Bonner
-Mahimni, 1st

Parker/Teague
Crawford/Evans
RJ/Smith
Smith/Joe Smith
Horford/McDyess
-Splitter, 1st

The Hawks could remain good with that and the Spurs would be contenders again with the most loaded backcourt in the league.

after what joe johnson has said about the fans...i dont think the spurs FO or fans would be interested in gettin joe johnson....dude totally forgot that fans are the reason he is not flippin burgers at burger place....

HOZ THE KNICK
05-09-2010, 06:42 PM
the lakers should be all over this.

the spurs will never trade him to the lakers but i can see him going out east.

BlondeBomber41
05-09-2010, 09:18 PM
You forgot about JJ Barea

Anyways I'd love to have Parker on the Nuggets, though it probably won't happen

I didn't forget about him, he just isn't in the teams long term plans. I would bet he isn't even on the roster to start next season, and if he is somehow he will play very limited minutes.

BlazingInferno
05-09-2010, 09:35 PM

And Boston

LA_Raiders
05-09-2010, 09:46 PM
to the lakers for Bynum

gattaca
05-09-2010, 10:00 PM
I offer both Calderon and Jack for Tony Parker.

trade jack when he's a bargain for the next 4 years at 5 mil per? No way.

calderon and someone else sure. But not Jack IMO

clehmun
05-09-2010, 10:01 PM
if the raptors can resign bosh (just saying), i'd seriously consider trading bargnani for TP. bargnani compliments duncan's game very well.

as for the evans + banks + bellineli for parker idea. i know it's a bad trade, but some of you might not know they're all expiring contracts. i think that was the idea behind his offer.

Mr.Nate30
05-09-2010, 11:20 PM
i would love if we traded tp for jj

tdunk21
05-09-2010, 11:44 PM
to the lakers for Bynum

would love that...will the salaries match????