PDA

View Full Version : FreeAgency2010-Who's worth the max?

OA SLAY
05-08-2010, 07:28 AM
I understand franchises are willing to spend the max to acquire that IT player to be the face of the team and help lead them to success, but in my mind LBJ is the only player worth max money(maybe Bosh because of his age.Arguments for Wade.) And as a Knicks fan the thought of giving Joe Johnson, Boozer...ect Max money makes me ill. Some GM's are off their rocker. Check out this article... http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16013

godolphins
05-08-2010, 08:05 AM
Wade is a max palyer you don't need to make any arguments about that.

Raoul Duke
05-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Wade and Bron are the only two who have proven, without a doubt, that they're worth whatever you're allowed to pay them.

Raph12
05-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Lebron and Wade, no one else is deserving of a max, but doesn't mean they won't get it.

thekmp211
05-08-2010, 11:21 AM
LeBron and Wade

Melo, Paul, DWill and Durant look to be the next in line

edit: and dwight, too

zachsaints52
05-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Well if you got the money, and need only one player, go for it. Alot of players get paid more (and sometimes less) then what they deserve, so its a team call on if they feel like that player is the missing link for them.

Raph12
05-08-2010, 11:28 AM
LeBron and Wade

Melo, Paul, DWill and Durant look to be the next in line

edit: and dwight, too

Dwight said he'll never leave the Magic as long as his fans in Orlando want him to stay. And with the team they've built around him, I don't blame him for wanting to stay.

streetballa
05-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Dwight said he'll never leave the Magic as long as his fans in Orlando want him to stay. And with the team they've built around him, I don't blame him for wanting to stay.

Just because he won't leave doesn't mean he will not get paid

Lebron and Wade are the only players worth a max

Bosh will get one Joe Johnson probably will, Amare and Boozer most likely will....not deserving though.

I think Darko deserve one....haha

Raph12
05-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Just because he won't leave doesn't mean he will not get paid

Lebron and Wade are the only players worth a max

Bosh will get one Joe Johnson probably will, Amare and Boozer most likely will....not deserving though.

I think Darko deserve one....haha

My fault lol, I thought you meant Dwight will be the next to test free agency.

thekmp211
05-08-2010, 11:39 AM
My fault lol, I thought you meant Dwight will be the next to test free agency.

nah i just meant the next guys who will flirt with max deals. it would be really weird to see dwight in a different uni that magic blue suits him

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
05-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Bron,Wade,STAT

end thread

thekmp211
05-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Bron,Wade,STAT

end thread

stat is not a max player imo

jackdawson
05-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Wade and Lebron.

bbblack40
05-08-2010, 11:55 AM
I understand franchises are willing to spend the max to acquire that IT player to be the face of the team and help lead them to success, but in my mind LBJ is the only player worth max money(maybe Bosh because of his age.Arguments for Wade.) And as a Knicks fan the thought of giving Joe Johnson, Boozer...ect Max money makes me ill. Some GM's are off their rocker. Check out this article... http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16013

Haha Arguments for WADE?Go check his resume' and then Smack yourself!!!! How in the world is LBJ the only max player in your eyes if there's a WADE there's a WAY.

streetballa
05-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Here is how I will determine a Max Contract player....recognized as one of the best players in the league and recognized for defense...

All-NBA for this years free agents...
LBJ 1st team
Wade 1st team
Johnson 3rd team
Nowitzki 2nd team
Amare 2nd team

Now defense team
LBJ 1st team
Wade 2nd team

LBJ and Wade deserve it that is it

OA SLAY
05-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Haha Arguments for WADE?Go check his resume' and then Smack yourself!!!! How in the world is LBJ the only max player in your eyes if there's a WADE there's a WAY.

HAHA! ive read his resume. Check back in 3 years!!!

OA SLAY
05-08-2010, 05:10 PM
What ive been trying to say is its better to wait and just compete with a young mediocre team for a few years, then be 30million over the cap with a mediocre team and unmovable contracts for the next 4years. Its obvious some of you guys didnt read the article, and are just stating your opinion whos worth the Max.(Which i am well aware of)

Hawkeye15
05-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Lebron and Wade, no one else is deserving of a max, but doesn't mean they won't get it.

pretty much dude.

Hawkeye15
05-08-2010, 05:35 PM
imo, here is what the big free agents should get
LeBron, Wade-max
Bosh- 5 years, $70 million
Johnson- 5 years, $65 million
Rudy Gay- 5 years, $55 million
Ray Allen- 3 years, $27 million
Raymond Felton- 4 years, $32 million
Carlos Boozer- 5 years, $55 million
Amare Stoudemire- 5 years, $70 million
John Salmons- 4 years, $32 million

I assume Redd, Nowitizki, and Yao all activate their player options

thescore53
05-08-2010, 05:40 PM
i wouldnt give that much to salmons

Hawkeye15
05-08-2010, 05:43 PM
i wouldnt give that much to salmons

well, I am not going into details of the contracts I stated. You can use any combination of player incentives, team options, etc. The 3rd year on Salmon's deal could be a team option, the 4th a player option. They were just ballpark figures, and I think he is worth that considering many of the deals around the NBA