PDA

View Full Version : Suns vs Lakers series?

Pages : [1] 2

OA SLAY
05-08-2010, 02:05 AM
Im not saying the Spurs are done by any means (although The LA/UTA series is a rap) but how good of a series would Suns-LA be? I Doubt anyone expected the Suns to go to the WCF (excluding suns fans) how well would they match up against the Lakers in a 7game series? It would bound to filled with excitement and high scoring. I know im pulling for them... Can they still sign RAJA mid-playoffs:rolleyes:....LA LEADS SEASON SERIES 3-1.

GoatMilk
05-08-2010, 02:09 AM
Lakers in 4 or 5

Jazz at least have guys who can try and guard Kobe. Wes Matthews is trying his behind off

Suns got no one.
Sure they've gotten better on D, but they still can't guard the Laker bigs

no contest imo

Toenail Clipper
05-08-2010, 02:09 AM
I hope Kobe drills another game winning buzzer, that would be the ****

king4day
05-08-2010, 02:11 AM
Lakers in 4 or 5

Jazz at least have guys who can try and guard Kobe. Wes Matthews is trying his behind off

Suns got no one.

no contest imo

You keep believing that

king4day
05-08-2010, 02:11 AM
I hope Kobe drills another game winning buzzer, that would be the ****

As long as the series ends the same way, I have no problem with that ;)

Indi23
05-08-2010, 02:22 AM
i effing love you king ^^^

cambovenzi
05-08-2010, 02:35 AM
Lakers will be heavy favorites :)

gcoll
05-08-2010, 02:38 AM
In a hypothetical Suns/Lakers WCF....the Suns are going to need Robin Lopez back.

iggypop123
05-08-2010, 02:39 AM
with robin lopez lakers in 6 without lakers take it in 5.

Hellcrooner
05-08-2010, 02:53 AM
Lakers vs Suns is always a great series it has always been since the 80s sometimes We won ( Magic era) Sometimes tey did ( Barkley or nash er) but have lways been competitiv series and though ones .

So ill gladly watch and hope we win.

Hats of and all respect to Suns Fans and Team

Duncan = Donkey
05-08-2010, 02:57 AM
We need Robin Lopez back to have any chance. Lakers are too big (bynum/pau/odom)

maybe a team can give us an all star for nothing next year.

GoatMilk
05-08-2010, 02:58 AM
You keep believing that

37 year old Grant Hill?

if JRich is going to try and give it his all, fine. it'll limit him on the other end
Jared Dudley is a good defender, i'll give you that, but he can't guard Kobe man

Manu has 2 27 point games, with a bad nose that is affecting his shooting
Kobe is getting healthy. man he's going to erupt

there's a reason the Lakers have been owning the Suns lately. too big, and Kobe is too much

GoatMilk
05-08-2010, 03:01 AM
We need Robin Lopez back to have any chance. Lakers are too big (bynum/pau/odom)

maybe a team can give us an all star for nothing next year.

Kwame's expiring allowed Memphis to go get ZBo

Marc Gasol this year: 15/9/2blk/58%FG /9FGA

Pau his 2nd year: 19/9/2blk/51%FG /14FGA

Duncan = Donkey
05-08-2010, 03:04 AM

still it just an expiring and marc gasol for an all star PF

cambovenzi
05-08-2010, 03:07 AM

and critt, and two more 1st rounders.

Certainly much better than nothing.

Kevj77
05-08-2010, 03:07 AM
It would be a good series. As a Lakers fan I have to say they will give us a tougher time then SA. Lakers weaknesses are pick and roll and teams that out run or hustle them.

The Lakers will try to slow the game down and pound the Suns in a halfcourt game. If the Suns can't keep the pace where they want tit he Lakers destroy them. I don't think that will happen the Suns won't let themselves get caught up in a halfcourt game all the time. Lakers will still win because they have more size about Kobe can create his own shots.

Lakers in 6 maybe 7.

GoatMilk
05-08-2010, 03:09 AM

that expiring allowed them to get Zach Randolph, who had the best statistical Grizzlies regular season

they traded QRich to the Clips for him.

AI4MVP
05-08-2010, 03:11 AM
i think its ****ing ******** when lakers fans use the excuse "they have noone to guard kobe" noone was anybody that can guard kobe. it doesnt mean ****. and yes, grant hill, all 37 years of him, can guard him just as good as just as good as anyone.

if we get robin lopez back, the suns have a chance to win the series. the suns have alot more depth then LA does. i honestly thing LA has the worst bench out of anyone in the playoffs, regardless of Odom being on there.

also, steve nash wont be as much a defensive liabilty becuz derek fisher is probably the perfect matchup for him.

im not saying the suns are for sure going to win the series, but it WILL be a series

Voodoo Alchemy
05-08-2010, 03:11 AM
37 year old Grant Hill?

if JRich is going to try and give it his all, fine. it'll limit him on the other end
Jared Dudley is a good defender, i'll give you that, but he can't guard Kobe man

there's a reason the Lakers have been owning the Suns lately. too big, and Kobe is too much

the suns don't have to match the lakers style in order to win. they can win by doing the things they do well, pick n roll, 3 point shooting, running on makes, playing good defense and having a solid bench. we don't have a star player like kobe so we win by committee.

as for getting bounced by the lakers, i can totally accept losing to a better team. however, the only thing i want for christmas this year to beat the spurs. i'll have that cum shot smirk all the way to next year's season opener.

cambovenzi
05-08-2010, 03:17 AM
i think its ****ing ******** when lakers fans use the excuse "they have noone to guard kobe" noone was anybody that can guard kobe. it doesnt mean ****. and yes, grant hill, all 37 years of him, can guard him just as good as just as good as anyone.

if we get robin lopez back, the suns have a chance to win the series. the suns have alot more depth then LA does. i honestly thing LA has the worst bench out of anyone in the playoffs, regardless of Odom being on there.

also, steve nash wont be as much a defensive liabilty becuz derek fisher is probably the perfect matchup for him.

im not saying the suns are for sure going to win the series, but it WILL be a series

Thats a joke i hope.
Sure Kobe is usually effective against any team in a series, b/c well, hes one of the best players ever.
But that does not mean you can be like "oh well. lets just not bother trying to guard him since he is so good" and have a great chance to win.

Its very obvious that an elite defender like Raja Bell or Bruce Bowen in their day could do a much better job defending Kobe than some randhat guy who is way out of his prime.
Yet you seem to think differently.

The Suns look outmatched.
Both in the paint and at SG.

JPHX
05-08-2010, 03:18 AM
I always thought that no one can stop Kobe. So why try? Let him go for 81. But he is much more dangerous when he becomes a facilitator. Suns have a much better chance if they keep Bynum and the Llama in check.

JNA17
05-08-2010, 03:21 AM
lakers in 5.

cambovenzi
05-08-2010, 03:21 AM
I always thought that no one can stop Kobe. So why try? Let him go for 81. But he is much more dangerous when he becomes a facilitator. Suns have a much better chance if they keep Bynum and the Llama in check.

Maybe so you don't get steamrolled extra easily. Just an idea.
Btw not having someone good to guard kobe does not mean you can suddenly guard guys like Bynum and Gasol.

AI4MVP
05-08-2010, 03:23 AM
Thats a joke i hope.
Sure Kobe is usually effective against any team in a series, b/c well, hes one of the best players ever.
But that does not mean you can be like "oh well. lets just not bother trying to guard him since he is so good" and have a great chance to win.

Its very obvious that an elite defender like Raja Bell or Bruce Bowen in their day could do a much better job defending Kobe than some randhat guy who is way out of his prime.

i never said we should not bother trying to stop him. i said saying "the suns wont win becuz they have noone to stop kobe down" isnt a valid arguement becuz u can say that about every team. there isnt a guy that can stop him right now. u mentioned bell and bowen. bowens retired and rajas out. and if u really think that grant hill is just some randhat guy is way out of his prime, then you havent seen him play this year on defense.

see u in the WCF

AI4MVP
05-08-2010, 03:25 AM
Btw not having someone good to guard kobe does not mean you can suddenly guard guys like Bynum and Gasol.

Robin Lopez is one of the best defense centers in the NBA and gasol will have just as much trouble guarding Amare as Amare will have guarding Gasol.

JPHX
05-08-2010, 03:28 AM

thanks for stating the obvious. I didnt say it would be an easy feat. my point was that when Kobe's supporting cast was kept more in check or when Kobe is forced to go off for 50+, it makes them more beatable. If Lopez can get back in the starting lineup then i think the Suns matchup pretty well and may have a shot.

gcoll
05-08-2010, 03:29 AM

Eh. With Robin Lopez on him, Bynum will be exposed as the dink-toed goof that he is. Without Lopez though, Bynum will go off. Too big.

I do like how Lakers fans are focusing on who our team will guard. "You can't stop Pau!!". Can Pau stop Amare? Bynum gives Amare problems, but with Lopez....Bynum has to stay home on him. Which is another reason Lopez is the key.

Can the Lakers bench hang with the firepower coming off the Suns bench? Who will guard future hall of famer Goran Dragic?

JPHX
05-08-2010, 03:29 AM
Robin Lopez is one of the best defense centers in the NBA and gasol will have just as much trouble guarding Amare as Amare will have guarding Gasol.

lets not finger the "Robin Lopez is the best defensive center in the NBA" vagina just yet.

Iron24th
05-08-2010, 03:32 AM

I'll not even talk about Kobe,cause yes no one can guard him,the only reason we're the favorites is because of our frontline Bynum/Gasol/L.O is already too much for Utah,so imagine against the suns,Amar'e will have his hands full,and he's far from being a great defender.

We're the favorites,it doesn't mean we're a lock for the Finals,but we're the favorites,face it.

Iron24th
05-08-2010, 03:34 AM
Eh. With Robin Lopez on him, Bynum will be exposed as the dink-toed goof that he is. Without Lopez though, Bynum will go off. Too big.

I do like how Lakers fans are focusing on who our team will guard. "You can't stop Pau!!". Can Pau stop Amare? Bynum gives Amare problems, but with Lopez....Bynum has to stay home on him. Which is another reason Lopez is the key.

Can the Lakers bench hang with the firepower coming off the Suns bench? Who will guard future hall of famer Goran Dragic?

I really hope this is a joke :facepalm:

leftie5
05-08-2010, 03:36 AM
Lakers are so damn long and it would give us a lot of trouble. All you can ask for is a shot and I know for a fact the team will not back down. Certainly the Lakers would be favored. But, we have to take care of business first and get there. The Spurs and Jazz aren't going to lay down.

Iron24th
05-08-2010, 03:36 AM
Oh and Lakers in 6.

gcoll
05-08-2010, 03:37 AM
I really hope this is a joke :facepalm:
It's obviously sarcasm.

To answer the question: "how can the Suns handle the Laker bigs?" The answer is: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0qehfdgTLA

JPHX
05-08-2010, 03:37 AM
If you think about it. Lakers havent faced a formidable front line all playoffs. First yall pick on Jeff Green and Nenad Kristic. Now Booz and Fesenko? Of course Pau and Bynum will look like HOF's

J-Relo
05-08-2010, 03:38 AM
let's not head a head of us... let's wait for the second round to end

AI4MVP
05-08-2010, 03:39 AM
I'll not even talk about Kobe,cause yes no one can guard him,the only reason we're the favorites is because of our frontline Bynum/Gasol/L.O is already too much for Utah,so imagine against the suns,Amar'e will have his hands full,and he's far from being a great defender.

We're the favorites,it doesn't mean we're a lock for the Finals,but we're the favorites,face it.

oh trust me. im not denying that at all. i just think its going to be more of a series then people think

leftymo
The three easiest teams in the west for LA to face are in this order.

1. Suns
2. Jazz
3. Spurs
(its a good thing Portland or Denver didn't advance)

These three teams have no size to matchup with LA. LA wins easily. If you thought the Jazz series is lop-sided wait til the Suns series. Lakers own the Suns, and have for the last three years.

Lakers fans are only worried about two teams. Cleveland and Orlando. The two teams that would have home court, the two teams that are combined 3-1 against LA this year, and the two teams with size and strength to matchup with LA's bigs.

It's a big man's game. Phx/SA/Utah are just there for style points.

Voodoo Alchemy
lets not finger the "Robin Lopez is the best defensive center in the NBA" vagina just yet.

as long as you don't have to smell it!!!

btw, this entire thread is just one big premature ejaculation. the suns still have to whoop darth vader one more time and finally blow that death star into a billion smithereens while the lakers have to send those mormons back to the church of latter day saints.

JPHX
05-08-2010, 03:40 AM
It's obviously sarcasm.

To answer the question: "how can the Suns handle the Laker bigs?" The answer is: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0qehfdgTLA

:laugh: Nice.

gcoll
05-08-2010, 03:41 AM
as long as you don't have to smell it!!!

btw, this entire thread is just one big premature ejaculation. the suns still have to whoop darth vader one more time and finally blow that death star into a billion smithereens while the lakers have to send those mormons back to the church of latter day saints.

It actually reminds me of a Lakers vs. Clippers thread I remember from a few years ago. Lakers were up 3-1 on the Suns in the first round. Their fans were getting ready to play the Clips.

cambovenzi
05-08-2010, 03:44 AM
If you think about it. Lakers havent faced a formidable front line all playoffs. First yall pick on Jeff Green and Nenad Kristic. Now Booz and Fesenko? Of course Pau and Bynum will look like HOF's

Gasol and Bynum(to a degree) are already proven as good big men.
They do not need tough playoff matchups this season to prove they are very good.
They wont be facing a formidable front line vs Phoenix anyways ;)

Also Millsap doesn't count as one of the Jazz' best big men?
Millsap+Boozer isnt bad.

AI4MVP
05-08-2010, 03:45 AM
but i am saying this..the suns will win the second quarter. the lakers bench doesnt stand a chance against the suns bench. i dont care who lamar odom is.. noone plays with more heart, hustle, and desire then the phx bench. its the absolute perfect bench. Dragic, Barbosa, Dudley, Amunduson, Frye.

Dragic, Barbosa, Dudely, Frye are ALL deadly three point shooters.

Noone that comes off the bench in the NBA matches the intensity and intangibles of Jared Dudley, and Amundson is pure hustle. Rebounding and shot blocking machine.

I really think the key of the series is whether or not Robin Lopez comes back. Becuz if he does he could do well against Bynum, and for everyone talking about how we cant guard Gasol, our power forward aint Joe Blow either, and as a matter of fact, Amare has been better then Pau the second half of the season, so i consider pau/amare as equaling eachother out

cambovenzi
05-08-2010, 03:46 AM
It actually reminds me of a Lakers vs. Clippers thread I remember from a few years ago. Lakers were up 3-1 on the Suns in the first round. Their fans were getting ready to play the Clips.

This time we have Gasol, Bynum, Artest, etc to help out kobe.

leftymo
05-08-2010, 03:47 AM
The Jazz losing 16 consecutive games at Staples reveals an underlying reason of why LA is better.

The Suns in the last three years are 3-9 against the Lakers with 4 losses of more than 19+ points, some of which at home!

Suns/Lakers would be like Orlando/Atlanta. But lakeshow like to take games off from time to time, so we'll see.

As a Laker fan, my fear wouldn't be the suns. It would be the false sense of security of not having to play defense b/c the next opponent will force LA to play defense.

Sorta like how poor the Jazz defense has been in these first two games b/c they were used to Denver!

JPHX
05-08-2010, 03:48 AM
Gasol and Bynum(to a degree) are already proven as good big men.
They do not need tough playoff matchups this season to prove they are very good.
They wont be facing a formidable front line vs Phoenix anyways ;)

Also Millsap doesn't count as one of the Jazz' best big men?
Millsap+Boozer isnt bad.

OK. We'll see.

and i was only thinking about the starters. forgot about millsap. still size advantage.

gcoll
05-08-2010, 03:51 AM
This time we have Gasol, Bynum, Artest, etc to help out kobe.
Obviously the Lakers are better now...lol.

The point was that a series isn't over until you win 4. Suns and Lakers aren't in the WCF yet.

cambovenzi
05-08-2010, 03:51 AM
OK. We'll see.

and i was only thinking about the starters. forgot about millsap. still size advantage.

The Lakers have a large size advantage vs pretty much any team in the league.. especially including the suns.
This is an advantage, not a flaw.

gcoll
05-08-2010, 03:54 AM
The Lakers have a large size advantage vs pretty much any team in the league.. especially including the suns.

Sure. And if Lopez isn't healthy, we're doomed. But with Lopez...he can guard Bynum and force Gasol to guard Amare.

Without Lopez....Bynum will average 25+ and it will be a sweep. The only potential flaw in the size advantage is spacing.

(footnote: Assuming the Spurs don't come back from 3-0. At which point, I won't watch the next series because I will be sobbing in my attic for 3 months straight)

cambovenzi
05-08-2010, 03:55 AM
Even if lopez comes back there is no guarantee he will be truly 100% coming off an injury and i still really like our chances with gasol+bynum.

gcoll
05-08-2010, 03:59 AM
Even if lopez comes back there is no guarantee he will be truly 100% coming off an injury and i still really like our chances with gasol+bynum.

No. But just having his size helps. Jarron Collins is a joke. Watch any of the Suns games this playoff. With him on the court, the team sucks. We have dug a bunch of early holes because Jarron Collins is worthless. The other team doesn't even have to guard him.

Also. The first Lakers game, Robin Lopez was out. Bynum scored 26 points. He basically just held the ball above his head. Got Amare in foul trouble, and it was just a mess.

As long as Robin Lopez is healthy enough to stand on the court with his arms raised, he is better to have than Jarron Collins.

JPHX
05-08-2010, 04:02 AM

True. I dont think your giving the suns big men enough credit. I think they've proven they can win against a team with size.

JiffyMix88
05-08-2010, 04:02 AM
Im not saying the Spurs are done by any means (although The LA/UTA series is a rap) but how good of a series would Suns-LA be? I Doubt anyone expected the Suns to go to the WCF (excluding suns fans) how well would they match up against the Lakers in a 7game series? It would bound to filled with excitement and high scoring. I know im pulling for them... Can they still sign RAJA mid-playoffs:rolleyes:....LA LEADS SEASON SERIES 3-1.

LMAO the suns r up on the spurs 3-0 and your saying the spurs r not done.... but now the lakers are up 2-0 and have yet to play at utah but the series is done :confused:

cambovenzi
05-08-2010, 04:03 AM
No. But just having his size helps. Jarron Collins is a joke. Watch any of the Suns games this playoff. With him on the court, the team sucks. We have dug a bunch of early holes because Jarron Collins is worthless. The other team doesn't even have to guard him.

Also. The first Lakers game, Robin Lopez was out. Bynum scored 26 points. He basically just held the ball above his head. Got Amare in foul trouble, and it was just a mess.

As long as Robin Lopez is healthy enough to stand on the court with his arms raised, he is better to have than Jarron Collins.
Doesn't sound good.

I hear he is also an offensive powerhouse tho.
Averaging 1 point per game @ 38% shooting.(33% in playoffs)

JPHX
05-08-2010, 04:05 AM
LMAO the suns r up on the spurs 3-0 and your saying the spurs r not done.... but now the lakers are up 2-0 and have yet to play at utah but the series is done :confused:

notice how he spelled "wrap". maybe he meant something else? just a thought.:D

JiffyMix88
05-08-2010, 04:07 AM
notice how he spelled "wrap". maybe he meant something else? just a thought.:D

lol must of i think the suns can take them

Voodoo Alchemy
05-08-2010, 04:07 AM

because the lakers are a better team than the suns.

gcoll
05-08-2010, 04:10 AM
Doesn't sound good.

I hear he is also an offensive powerhouse tho.
Averaging 1 point per game @ 38% shooting.(33% in playoffs)

Once in a while he stumbles into a rebound. And he can absorb a couple fouls. That's about all he is good for.

AI4MVP
05-08-2010, 04:11 AM
jared collins is by far the worst player inj the nba

JPHX
05-08-2010, 04:13 AM
jared collins is by far the worst player inj the nba

worse than shavlik randolph?

JiffyMix88
05-08-2010, 04:21 AM
because the lakers are a better team than the suns.

so let me get this straight you think the spurs will be the first team to ever win a series being down 3-0(i think its 88-0 when teams are up 3-0) or do you think a team who is only up 2-0(which many teams have lost being up 2-0) has a better chance at winning a series?:rolleyes:

Lakersfan2483
05-08-2010, 04:31 AM
If the Lakers play Phoenix, I believe the Lakers will win in 5 games. LA is too big up front and the Suns don't have anyone to slow down Kobe. The Lakers present way too many matchup problems for the Suns and they will be exploited in a 7 game series.

domz248
05-08-2010, 04:48 AM
we will handle with ease

heathonater
05-08-2010, 05:14 AM
la should win this series in 5 or 6 games. they are too big up front for phoenix. even though i hate gasol with every fiber of my being, he is a good player that will cause tons of matchup problems for an undersized team like phoenix. my opinion is that la should advance to the nba finals rather easily because they have solid perimeter defense and good size down low. lopez and amare will not be able to slow down gasol and bynum enough for phoenix to win the series.

OA SLAY
05-08-2010, 05:44 AM
I think I cursed the Suns. Spurs in 7...WCF SpursvsLA-Spurs in 6..Finals SpursvsCavs-2010 NBA Champs Spurs another Sweep!!!

J-Relo
05-08-2010, 05:46 AM
I think I cursed the Suns. Spurs in 7...WCF SpursvsLA-Spurs in 6..Finals SpursvsCavs-2010 NBA Champs Spurs another Sweep!!!

haha :clap:

flii27kiid
05-08-2010, 06:02 AM
so you quys sayinq that san antonio adavance to next around they have a better chance to win aqainst the lakers....not i dont think so bcuz the fact that i dont see the lakers frontcourt killing the suns offensively and defensibly ..i dont see gasol or bynum keepinq up with stoudemire... im not sayinq aynthinq yet but its qonna be a qoood series to watch

OA SLAY
05-08-2010, 06:26 AM
so you quys sayinq that san antonio adavance to next around they have a better chance to win aqainst the lakers....not i dont think so bcuz the fact that i dont see the lakers frontcourt killing the suns offensively and defensibly ..i dont see gasol or bynum keepinq up with stoudemire... im not sayinq aynthinq yet but its qonna be a qoood series to watch

:cry:Thanks! That post made my day!:clap:

PHX2daDEATH
05-08-2010, 07:02 AM
Im not going to talk about the Lakers-Suns Series until it actually exists..but I hope everyone in PSD witnessed what us Suns fans have been seeing all year long and thats the ice cold blood of our young future HOFer back up Point Guard; yeah Hall Of Famer BOOK IT

cambovenzi
05-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Im not going to talk about the Lakers-Suns Series until it actually exists..but I hope everyone in PSD witnessed what us Suns fans have been seeing all year long and thats the ice cold blood of our young future HOFer back up Point Guard; yeah Hall Of Famer BOOK IT

LOL some of these suns fans are great.
Not wanting to talk about a series that looks inevitable, in which the lakers would be favored, but you will proclaim a backup PG a future hall of famer :laugh2:

LakersIn5
05-08-2010, 07:17 AM

so?? who says that a trade should be even? is it the lakers fault that the grizzlies did that trade?

and jamison for nothing still beats it

lakerboy
05-08-2010, 07:35 AM
I freaking hate the Suns because of that 2 straight years they beat us :)

I think Lakers will eventually win, but I do believe that the Suns will put up a really good show, much better than OKC in my opinion. These guys can run run run, and they'll give us some problems.

Lakers in 6.

lakerboy
05-08-2010, 07:38 AM
True. I dont think your giving the suns big men enough credit. I think they've proven they can win against a team with size.

What happened to Lopez btw? Is he coming back?

Amare can't guard any of our bigs. But Lopez is big. Bynum will have some problems, but I think Pau can stand his ground.

JordansBulls
05-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Lakers vs Suns is always a great series it has always been since the 80s sometimes We won ( Magic era) Sometimes tey did ( Barkley or nash er) but have lways been competitiv series and though ones .

So ill gladly watch and hope we win.

Hats of and all respect to Suns Fans and Team

And Let's not forget the Suns upset the Lakers in 1990 as well. LAkers were 63-19 with Magic and the Suns were 54-28 and the Suns won in 5 over Magic and Worthy.

Duncan = Donkey
05-08-2010, 09:21 AM
so?? who says that a trade should be even? is it the lakers fault that the grizzlies did that trade?

and jamison for nothing still beats it

no one says that trade should be even.

im just sayin it'd be nice if we could trade expirings for an all star

save the knicks
05-08-2010, 09:58 AM
only idiots belie that the Pau trade was one sided.

Marc Gasol was included in the original deal

Zach Randolph was attained with the cap space Memphis got with Kwame's expiring.

Darrell Arthur was acquired with the 2008 Lakers' pick,

Ronnie Brewer was acquired for the 2011 1st round draft pick (lottery protected), which Memphis got back from Washington in exchange for Javaris Crittenton, who was part of the original trade.

In short, Memphis got Marc Gasol, Zach Randolph, Ronnie Brewer, Darrell Arthur, and they have one more piece coming in with the Lakers' 2010 1st round pick.

Suns in 6 because lake show has not answer for nash/dragic

mdlr52192
05-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Hypothetically, if this series were to happen, I'm takin LA in 7

Kakaroach
05-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Geez what a ridiculous thread. Neither series is over yet.

If it were to happen though, Lakers in 7 would be my guess.

EaglesJackson10
05-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Thats a joke i hope.

They look outmatched in those positions in the SA series and look whats happening there. Im not saying Manu is Kobe but still their offense is what will keep them in this series.

EaglesJackson10
05-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Geez what a ridiculous thread. Neither series is over yet.

If it were to happen though, Lakers in 7 would be my guess.

Yeah I wouldn't count the Jazz out yet. The Thunder got beaten in the first two games at Staples and almost took it to seven games. The Jazz really should of taken game 1 they outplayed the Lakers for the final 3 quarters.

king4day
05-08-2010, 10:53 AM
What happened to Lopez btw? Is he coming back?

Amare can't guard any of our bigs. But Lopez is big. Bynum will have some problems, but I think Pau can stand his ground.

Buldging disk. Pinched nerve.
The only reason he hasn't returned yet is because one of his legs was going numb, so he was compensating for it with his other leg. He is in the process of building up his leg strength again.
With a 3-0 lead against the Spurs, unless it now goes 7, I'm sure they'll give him all the rest he needs.

STAT32
05-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Hey King, that SIG is badass. Did you see that Dragic scored the most points in under 20 minutes since the switch to the shot-clock era? Pretty cool.

king4day
05-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Hey King, that SIG is badass. Did you see that Dragic scored the most points in under 20 minutes since the switch to the shot-clock era? Pretty cool.

Didn't see that. I thought Melo woulda done that when he had like 30 something points in a quarter this year or last.
Unless it's for the playoffs.

STAT32
05-08-2010, 11:02 AM
It's the amount of minutes that was the difference. Dragic has scored the most points while playing less than 20 minutes than any other player since the inclusion of the 24 second shot clock.

STAT32
05-08-2010, 11:03 AM
This is from the DailyDime on the right hand side:

Goran Dragic was feeling it in Game 3. According to Elias Sports Bureau, his 26 points in 17 minutes of action is the most points scored by a player who played fewer than 20 minutes in a postseason game in the shot-clock era.

tjlipford
05-08-2010, 11:19 AM
I like Phoenix, but I dont see this series going 7. No disrespect at all to Phoenix because I like them and always have. If it does go to 7 I would be surprised, but it would be good for the league.

Raph12
05-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Imagine if it was a Magic-Suns Finals, the league would be so disappointed lol.

STAT32
05-08-2010, 11:26 AM
But in all honesty a Magics-Suns Finals would be the most exciting and entertaining matchup possible.

bsho31
05-08-2010, 11:30 AM
so ya the lakers are the obvious favorites if this series is to happen. who cares though. the so called "experts" said this suns team wouldn't make the playoffs. when suns beat portland, the experts said the spurs would defeat them with relative ease. now they are on the brink of sweeping the spurs, and everyone but suns fans say the lakers will take it to em. thats fine, i'd rather come in as the underdog and keep proving everyone wrong.

wileyisTOFU
05-08-2010, 12:32 PM

Just keeping telling yourself that. If anything you should goat about the awesome deal yall pulled, stop trying to be all humble and ****

td0tsfinest
05-08-2010, 01:41 PM
they do got a little bit of history. Too bad Raja is not on the team anymore. We could've seen a little bit of smack going back and forth.

king4day
05-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Imagine if it was a Magic-Suns Finals, the league would be so disappointed lol.

I think that's be the most evenly matched finals we could see of the remaining teams. That's what I'd root for.

smith&wesson
05-08-2010, 02:05 PM
37 year old Grant Hill?

good luck to derik fisher trying to gaurd nash.

kjdills13
05-08-2010, 02:18 PM
lakers big guys will not be as involved as you would think. When we have Frye on the floor it forces a big guy to walk out with him. Who are the lakers going to send out on frye? Bynum NO WAY. Gasol? then bynum is 1 on 1 with amare and fisher and bynum will have to help guard the nash amare pick and roll. That is NOT gong to happen. The lakers will have to take Bynum out and replace him with Lamar which means they are not as big and the suns are ALMOST AS BIG.

The suns have a GREAT team because you CAN NOT DOUBLE! the suns bench is better than the lakers. if we get lopez back we are BARELY undersized.

Suns vs Lakes i take suns in 7

kjdills13
05-08-2010, 02:18 PM
lakers big guys will not be as involved as you would think. When we have Frye on the floor it forces a big guy to walk out with him. Who are the lakers going to send out on frye? Bynum NO WAY. Gasol? then bynum is 1 on 1 with amare and fisher and bynum will have to help guard the nash amare pick and roll. That is NOT gong to happen. The lakers will have to take Bynum out and replace him with Lamar which means they are not as big and the suns are ALMOST AS BIG.

The suns have a GREAT team because you CAN NOT DOUBLE! the suns bench is better than the lakers. if we get lopez back we are BARELY undersized.

Suns vs Lakes i take suns in 7

LEBRON_KING_23
05-08-2010, 02:40 PM
lol what a sad series. both these teams dont stand a chance in the finals if Cavs makei t.

S.J.Basketball
05-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Not sure why some people are writing the Jazz off as of yet. We're(Lakers) only up 2-0. It is TOUGH to win in Utah and the Jazz stayed w/ the Lakers for the most part in LA. They weren't blowout wins.

As far as the Suns go, it's going to be a GREAT series! Lakers vs Suns in the WCF?!? That's a dream matchup for me. Awesome.....

Pluvious
05-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Why do people keep saying the Suns front line is small? Its actually good size and length when Lopez plays and its already been said he will be playing in the next round. :confused:

He's actually been healthy and could be playing now but they are just holding him out until conditioned and no pain. Lakers still have a post-up advantage of course in the series but they really need that advantage. That and Kobe being Kobe are their only real advantages. Suns have several themselves including pg, bench, and 3-point shooting.

Would be a good series if they play.

ko8e24bryant
05-08-2010, 02:56 PM
I kept telling everybody
the western conference finals
will be between the phx suns
and the los angeles lakers
the suns will need robin lopez
against bynum, bynum and kobe
are better than lopez & J-Rich
but other than that....
Nash is better than Fisher
Stoudemire is better than Gasol
Grant hill is better than Artest offensively (although Artest is better at Defense)
And The suns bench will kill the lakers bench
if it was between the bench's "only" the suns will win the series
but what's the Lakers gonna do when it's time for the bench to come
in? but it's gonna be a Great Series
Suns Sweep Spurs in 4!
Lakers Sweep Jazz in 4!

dukejazz
05-08-2010, 03:02 PM
utah games a rap only behind 2-0 yet your saying san antonio still has a chance? Uthaz going to win tonight and on monday and tie it up.

JPHX
05-08-2010, 04:04 PM
utah games a rap only behind 2-0 yet your saying san antonio still has a chance? Uthaz going to win tonight and on monday and tie it up.

Hope your right.

DCB/LAL
05-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Kobe Bryant with a chance of revenge against a Suns team who eliminated him twice in a row? Good luck

If Kobe bryant himself almost eliminated the Suns with Lamar being pretty much his only help and some moment from Luke....yes Luke Walton what do you think he's gonna do with Lamar, Pau, Bynum, Artest and hell ill even through Luke in there....yes Luke Walton.

OA SLAY
05-08-2010, 04:58 PM

:) your sense of sarcasm is hilarious! keep it up.:)

streetballa
05-08-2010, 05:01 PM
I hope it is a Suns-Magic finals so there is no chance for the f***in puppets. But I would say Lakers in 6...

DCB/LAL
05-08-2010, 05:03 PM
I hope it is a Suns-Magic finals so there is no chance for the f***in puppets. But I would say Lakers in 6...

HAHA I almost forgot about them....I guess Nike learned their lesson from last year when they were showing the puppets from the early rounds only to be disappointed that the Cavs feel short.

Now they'll wait till the Cavs win at least 4 games in the Eastern Confrence finals to show the puppets...

Voodoo Alchemy
05-08-2010, 05:15 PM

advantage in the half court but not in the running game. the blazers and spurs play great defense and we were still able to run on them from time to time.

this time out, when we go small, we are exploiting mismatches. speed vs. size.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Kobe Bryant with a chance of revenge against a Suns team who eliminated him twice in a row? Good luck

If Kobe bryant himself almost eliminated the Suns with Lamar being pretty much his only help and some moment from Luke....yes Luke Walton what do you think he's gonna do with Lamar, Pau, Bynum, Artest and hell ill even through Luke in there....yes Luke Walton.

that was a few years ago. let's talk about the present day team.

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Suns need Robin Lopez along with Amundson and Amare to match up with Odom-Gasol-Bynum.

Bashna
05-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Suns need Robin Lopez along with Amundson and Amare to match up with Odom-Gasol-Bynum.

Lopez-Bynum

Amare/Frye-Gasol

Frye/Amare-Odom

Amundson off the bench would help with odom maybe, but amundson doesn't really sit out on the perimeter so idk.

I personally think if anyone is going to beat the Lakers, it'll be the Suns. they matchup with the lakers better than most people think, and the Lakers defensive stopper Artest, is going to be on J-rich probably,and Kobe on grant, or maybe vice versa, either way, we dont give up to much on those, Kobe is obviously Kobe, but artest isn't going to cause us issues on the offensive end. Nash will torch Fischer of course, the really matter is how our Bench plays, and if Amare steps up...

iggypop123
05-08-2010, 06:07 PM
at the end of the day. richardson guarding kobe? i like my chances. amare guarding gasol? i love my chances. if lopez is back its 6 worst case scenario the lakers take it.

BurbankCALI
05-08-2010, 06:29 PM
F phx. In the playoffs ita about matchups sun. And the suns matched up grwat vs the SPURMS. Old team defensive team vs a semi young hungry team. Now phx vs l.a gonna b a great match up for the lakers. Too long and experienced. Plus l.a owes phx a playoff elimination. I hate phx n there fans. A bunch if cali haters. Like ice cube said " bow down to some n****s thats greater than you!!!!". Viva los lakers. Los suns are from a racist state lol. Jk

Pluvious
05-08-2010, 06:53 PM
F phx. In the playoffs ita about matchups sun. And the suns matched up grwat vs the SPURMS. Old team defensive team vs a semi young hungry team. Now phx vs l.a gonna b a great match up for the lakers. Too long and experienced. Plus l.a owes phx a playoff elimination. I hate phx n there fans. A bunch if cali haters. Like ice cube said " bow down to some n****s thats greater than you!!!!". Viva los lakers. Los suns are from a racist state lol. Jk

You really think this is the Laker's year? Chemistry problems, bench problems, injury issues, and lack of outside shooting. It does not seem like there year. We'll see but I get the feeling a team that can score on them somewhat consistently against their very solid defense is going to give them serious problems. And they may or may not be the Suns.

dukejazz
05-08-2010, 07:39 PM
:) your sense of sarcasm is hilarious! keep it up.:)

sarcasm? Jazz will tie it up since ak is back. Hopefully win 4 ina row.

JordansBulls
05-08-2010, 07:42 PM
at the end of the day. richardson guarding kobe? i like my chances. amare guarding gasol? i love my chances. if lopez is back its 6 worst case scenario the lakers take it.

Who is guarding Richardson in this series?

SouljahPhil...
05-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Who is guarding Richardson in this series?

I think Kobe and artest will guard him...

SouljahPhil...
05-08-2010, 07:52 PM

Keep dreaming... 2 wins at most...

OA SLAY
05-08-2010, 09:26 PM

All the best to you Bro! EFF the Lakers...nice sig.:clap:

gcoll
05-08-2010, 09:50 PM

It will be Hill/Dudley on Kobe.

And Amare guarding Gasol? What about Gasol guarding Amare?

What?

krest213
05-08-2010, 09:58 PM
are you guys counting my spurs out.
we are still in believe that.
we gonna win game 4
go back to phoenix 1-3 win at phoenix go back home 2-3
win home again and take it back to phoenix 3-3 for game 7.
best believe that.

Heart of a champion never dies.

AI4MVP
05-08-2010, 10:02 PM
we gonna win game 4
best believe that.

right.

your going to win four straight against a team that is clearly better then u and has shown it in three straight games, including a game at home in which u had an 18 point lead

keep telling yourself that

theimortalone
05-08-2010, 10:53 PM
we gonna win game 4
best believe that.

Haha wow man. :rolleyes:

No team has ever come back from 3 games down, history proves that. Teams up 3-0 are 88-0 all-time. You're telling me the Spurs are gonna be the team do that? Right? You're that confident after Goran Dragic tore your team apart in the 4th quarter? Good luck with that man. ;)

theimortalone
05-08-2010, 10:55 PM

What the **** are you even talking about? :facepalm:

Costra_Nostra
05-08-2010, 11:20 PM
It would be easier than the Jazz series, and considering how easy the series the Lakers have at the moment, I would be surprised if the Lakers didn't close it out in 5. This is also with Utah being the superior defensive team, the Suns have absolutely no one who can contain Kobe and their lost post. No one.

krest213
05-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Haha wow man. :rolleyes:

No team has ever come back from 3 games down, history proves that. Teams up 3-0 are 88-0 all-time. You're telling me the Spurs are gonna be the team do that? Right? You're that confident after Goran Dragic tore your team apart in the 4th quarter? Good luck with that man. ;)

that's it! i am sick in tired of History, maybe now it's time for Us to mess around with history. the time is now, and i believe.

Kakaroach
05-08-2010, 11:26 PM
I sure hope the Jazz can come back and win this series, but that has 1 X 10^-48 chance of happening.

So all I can say is I hope the Suns give the Lakers a run for their money and maybe beat em.

LakeShowRaider
05-08-2010, 11:47 PM
I can't wait to see the Suns!

Sweet sweet revenge!!! Here we come!!! Phoenix, enjoy you winning ways while you can!

More-Than-Most
05-08-2010, 11:50 PM
remember before the season everyone said they were done... not a 50 win team anymore... remember when they started 10-2 and everyone said it wouldn't last and that it was all a fluke... remember when people were saying they wouldn't beat Portland... remember when people were saying they wouldn't beat the spurs???????? Now people are saying they wont beat the lakers. Keep underestimating them... after they beat the lakers it will then be that they wont beat Orlando/Cleveland. This team cant be measured by past teams because they now play defense and have a ton of depth... I said it in the beginning of the year and I will say it now... watch out for the Suns...They are gonna turn a lot of heads when they upset the lakers in the next round.

cambovenzi
05-08-2010, 11:53 PM
remember before the season everyone said they were done... not a 50 win team anymore... remember when they started 10-2 and everyone said it wouldn't last and that it was all a fluke... remember when people were saying they wouldn't beat Portland... remember when people were saying they wouldn't beat the spurs???????? Now people are saying they wont beat the lakers. Keep underestimating them... after they beat the lakers it will then be that they wont beat Orlando/Cleveland. This team cant be measured by past teams because they now play defense and have a ton of depth... I said it in the beginning of the year and I will say it now... watch out for the Suns...They are gonna turn a lot of heads when they upset the lakers in the next round.

Your underdog story is real cute and everything, but the lakers will be heavily favored in the series for a reason.
They are the better team.

DCB/LAL
05-08-2010, 11:53 PM

Comparing the Lakers to the rest of the West is a joke their in a whole different level along with the Cavs and Magic.

kblo247
05-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Biggest joy about this matchup is that Nash historically has always been limited by Fisher, whereas he bent Smush over like Cody Lane in a gangbang.

LakeShowRaider
05-09-2010, 12:21 AM

Damn bro you sound like us Laker fans back in 06 when we faced you guys. hahahahahaha...I can understand. A fan can always justify a win somehow!

More-Than-Most
05-09-2010, 12:53 AM
Comparing the Lakers to the rest of the West is a joke their in a whole different level along with the Cavs and Magic.

it didn't look that way when they played the thunder...but we will see.

More-Than-Most
05-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Your underdog story is real cute and everything, but the lakers will be heavily favored in the series for a reason.

Does the better team win every time??? Even the lakers have slumps.

More-Than-Most
05-09-2010, 12:55 AM

aren't you one of the people that believed the spurs were the better team as well?

More-Than-Most
05-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Damn bro you sound like us Laker fans back in 06 when we faced you guys. hahahahahaha...I can understand. A fan can always justify a win somehow!

Lol I am a sixer fan... I just really love Nash.

PrettyBoyJ
05-09-2010, 01:01 AM
I like the suns but no way they can handle the Lakers Bigs or Kobe.. and if they put Artest on Nash I really dont see them winning..

DCB/LAL
05-09-2010, 01:05 AM
it didn't look that way when they played the thunder...but we will see.

Thunder played some great D against LA the Suns dont play Great D.

JPHX
05-09-2010, 01:10 AM
I like the suns but no way they can handle the Lakers Bigs or Kobe.. and if they put Artest on Nash I really dont see them winning..

Agreed. But for those whos saying that other teams would give LA a bigger challenge are wrong. If the Suns advance its because they are the second best team in the west.

JPHX
05-09-2010, 01:11 AM
Thunder played some great D against LA the Suns dont play Great D.

The Thunder were undersized but were able to extend the series cause they have great individual defenders. Suns dont have great defenders but play great team defense.

STAT32
05-09-2010, 01:13 AM
Lmfao! Laker fans are hilarious... Suddenly D-Fish is awesome when it comes to defending Steve Nash and Lamar Odom is playing like an All-Star (What is it, 8pts and 6reb?).

I'll admit, the Lakers size will cause problems for the Suns. Unfortunately the fact that the Lakers have no bench to even speak of will end up being the downfall of them.

JPHX
05-09-2010, 01:21 AM
Lmfao! Laker fans are hilarious... Suddenly D-Fish is awesome when it comes to defending Steve Nash and Lamar Odom is playing like an All-Star (What is it, 8pts and 6reb?).

I'll admit, the Lakers size will cause problems for the Suns. Unfortunately the fact that the Lakers have no bench to even speak of will end up being the downfall of them.

...and dont forget you have some sort of wager going on with a certain laker fan(s).

rocky4104
05-09-2010, 01:21 AM

disagree bro.. LAkers will run the Suns to the ground.. did you see how they manhandled the thunder? and now they're breezing through Utah, all easy wins for them.. i know the jazz are undermanned (okur out and kirilenko played his 1st game after 1 month off) no excuses though, no reason the lakers are breezing by them - LAL's making it look so easy against the jazz.. LAL all the way to the finals!

cambovenzi
05-09-2010, 01:24 AM
Does the better team win every time??? Even the lakers have slumps.
No the better team doesn't always win.
But most of the time they do. especially in a 7 game series.
Like i said, the lakers will be heavy favorites for good reason.
You running around with an underdog story and claiming the suns will win does not change this.
They will probably be roughly 2-1 favorites over the suns.

aren't you one of the people that believed the spurs were the better team as well?

No. i dont think i ever said anything about the series.

STAT32
05-09-2010, 01:25 AM
...and dont forget you have some sort of wager going on with a certain laker fan(s).

I actually gave my uncle a call tonight. He sounded like a pre-teen girl, the way he was gushing about Fish and Kobe.

STAT32
05-09-2010, 01:26 AM
In all seriousness, why did Andrew Bynum play only 20 minutes and score no points tonight? Did he worsen his injury or were the match ups just not there?

JPHX
05-09-2010, 01:30 AM
disagree bro.. LAkers will run the Suns to the ground.. did you see how they manhandled the thunder? and now they're breezing through Utah, all easy wins for them.. i know the jazz are undermanned (okur out and kirilenko played his 1st game after 1 month off) no excuses though, no reason the lakers are breezing by them - LAL's making it look so easy against the jazz.. LAL all the way to the finals!

i dont think they will run them to the ground. they'll make it to the finals, but i doubt they'll breeze by Amare and co.

rocky4104
05-09-2010, 01:31 AM
i dont think they will run them to the ground. they'll make it to the finals, but i doubt they'll breeze by Amare and co.

sarcasm bro.... :)

STAT32
^^^ Rocky was being sarcastic.

STAT32
Beat me to it.

rocky4104
05-09-2010, 01:41 AM
that's it! i am sick in tired of History, maybe now it's time for Us to mess around with history. the time is now, and i believe.

funny when the spurs fans are saying that the spurs will win the series because historically they've always beaten the suns - now they're using the same argument now that it suits them.. suns still has to win 4 times though, not counting the spurs out yet..

JPHX
05-09-2010, 01:43 AM
sarcasm bro.... :)

hahah my bad. ill facepalm myself for that. :facepalm:

STAT32
05-09-2010, 01:44 AM
^^^ You should JPHX.

rocky4104
05-09-2010, 01:45 AM
hahah my bad. ill facepalm myself for that. :facepalm:

no need bro lol... i forgive you... hahah

JPHX
05-09-2010, 01:45 AM
funny when the spurs fans are saying that the spurs will win the series because historically they've always beaten the suns - now they're using the same argument now that it suits them.. suns still has to win 4 times though, not counting the spurs out yet..

ive seen some laker fans use that logic for the Suns/Spurs series as well. So with that said we should have no trouble against LA then right?:D

rocky4104
05-09-2010, 01:46 AM
ive seen some laker fans use that logic for the Suns/Spurs series as well. So with that said we should have no trouble against LA then right?:D

right! :D

leftymo
05-09-2010, 02:03 AM

wow newbie. Bench only counts in the reg season.

In the playoffs the bench don't mean jack. You know the other laker teams with a horrible bench?

the 2001 and 2002 teams. Both were champions.

Phx could have the best bench in the world, and they still don't have a prayer against LA. Not unless Amare grows 4 inches, and Frye does the same.

leftymo
05-09-2010, 02:08 AM
As a Laker fan, if I could pick an opponent for the WCF... it would be the Suns. sorry but Phx has had a good run, but its time for big time basketball, and the Suns do not measure up. Richardson, Amare, and Nash have never proven anything in this league. Kobe, Pau, and Odom have...

STAT32
05-09-2010, 02:09 AM
Did you really just try to convince me that the bench doesn't mean anything in the playoffs? That's interesting, especially when you consider that if the 05,06,07,08 Suns had even half the bench we do now we would be sitting here with 2 or more rings.

I'm going to save this quote in my Sig because I'm really looking forward to making you look like a fool when the Dragon absolutely takes it to Sasha "The Machine" Vuja*****.

rocky4104
05-09-2010, 02:15 AM

In the playoffs the bench don't mean jack. You know the other laker teams with a horrible bench?

Phx could have the best bench in the world, and they still don't have a prayer against LA. Not unless Amare grows 4 inches, and Frye does the same.

you obviously are not following the Suns/Spurs series - had you, you would have known that the bench, we prefer to call them "reserves", have won us games 2 and game 3.. we are one win away from sweeping the Spurs who have always tormented Phoenix in the past because of them. bench counts only in the regular season? please..

Shady66
05-09-2010, 02:20 AM

:laugh:

JPHX
05-09-2010, 03:47 AM

:facepalm::laugh:. Whats worse is he called Stat32 a newbie, who has like over a thousand more posts. Benches are important my friend, even llamas need rest.

DCB/LAL
05-09-2010, 04:23 AM
PHX will try to outscore LA which will be a mistake I think the Suns take 1 maybe 2 games if they play the Lakers.

JayW_1023
05-09-2010, 04:27 AM
I really like the Suns (even though they are mauling my Spurs) but they really don't match up great with LA.

Gasol will struggle to guard Amare, but the Lakers now have Artest and LO to do that job.

AI4MVP
05-09-2010, 04:33 AM

didnt ur parents teach u not to do drugs??

MTar786
05-09-2010, 07:00 AM
Sorry suns fans. I know you have to support your team. but dont be in denial. You guys ARE NOT going to beat LA. there is like a 99.9 percent chance you guys dont make it to even 7 games. unless pau or kobe get injured and are out for the series or something.

rocky4104
05-09-2010, 08:12 AM
Sorry suns fans. I know you have to support your team. but dont be in denial. You guys ARE NOT going to beat LA. there is like a 99.9 percent chance you guys dont make it to even 7 games. unless pau or kobe get injured and are out for the series or something.

Laker fan.. most Suns fans, esp the ones who posts regularly at the Suns forum are not in denial - most of us admit that the Suns are the underdogs but we do believe, unlike Laker fans, or course that the Lakers wont breeze through the series, that we might steal a game or two - MOST Suns fans think that, that's why we are hoping that we get Lopez back in case we get past the Spurs so we can at least give you a good series.

having said that, being a Suns' fan - I can dream right? Stranger things have happened..

Reddd
05-09-2010, 08:49 AM

You just are officially one of the front-runners to this years worst PSD post:clap:

JordansBulls
05-09-2010, 08:50 AM
This could be like the Phx vs LA series in 1990 when LA had the top seed with Magic and Worthy and the Suns upset them.

rocky4104
05-09-2010, 09:29 AM
:facepalm::laugh:. Whats worse is he called Stat32 a newbie, who has like over a thousand more posts. Benches are important my friend, even llamas need rest.

you know why they're downplaying the Suns' bench bro? they dont have any..

Many Laker fans are so insecure - almost all fans (even Suns fans) here at PSD are saying that the Lakers are the favorites in the west and still they nitpick on everything - of course! we are suns' fans we are suppose to support our team and hope for a W.. are we supposed to post only pro-laker posts?

king4day
05-09-2010, 09:52 AM

You're really reaching if you call someone with more posts than you, a newb. You can leave the insults out and still get your points across.

godolphins
05-09-2010, 10:14 AM
I think LA should win if Bynum and Gasol play good defensively like they've been doing.

BlazingInferno
05-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Nash>Fisher
J-Rich<Kobe
Hill=Artest
Amare=Pau
Lopez<Bynum

DRAGIC<KOBE

DeadMemories
05-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Lakers in 5, maybe 6.

Lindystud36
05-09-2010, 11:09 AM
I really just want to see kobe win, then destroy cleveland and shaq in the finals

STAT32
05-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Speak for yourself Rocky, Suns will take this in 7. I personally don't mind not having home court against the Lakers. The Staples Center is one of the easiest places to actually steal a game and Steve Nash and Amare love playing there. Suns will take one of the first 2 games, then they'll maintain back in Phoenix.

Call it denial but why should I be impressed with the Lakers when they struggled against the Thunder and are barely squeaking out wins against Utah? The fans who are truly in denial are the ones who refuse to admit that outside of the Orlando Magic, no team is playing better basketball than Phoenix.

Iron24th
05-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Speak for yourself Rocky, Suns will take this in 7. I personally don't mind not having home court against the Lakers. The Staples Center is one of the easiest places to actually steal a game and Steve Nash and Amare love playing there. Suns will take one of the first 2 games, then they'll maintain back in Phoenix.

Call it denial but why should I be impressed with the Lakers when they struggled against the Thunder and are barely squeaking out wins against Utah? The fans who are truly in denial are the ones who refuse to admit that outside of the Orlando Magic, no team is playing better basketball than Phoenix.

The Staples? The easiest place to steal a game? We are 34-7 here in season and 5-0 in playoffs,when you lost one on your home against a depleted blazers team,you should be worried about your homecourt protection first.

I have a question for you : when was the last time you stolen one at Staples?

Iron24th
05-09-2010, 11:45 AM
This could be like the Phx vs LA series in 1990 when LA had the top seed with Magic and Worthy and the Suns upset them.

You always compare series from the past to find a way to justify your hate for the Lakers ,you always want an upset to L.A,boring and you might be disappointed again.Sorry.

king4day
05-09-2010, 11:51 AM

Rocky actually clarified he was being sarcastic in another post. I thought he was serious too until I saw his post that cleared it up.

STAT32
05-09-2010, 12:02 PM
All I hear from Laker fans is something like this:

"Yea the Suns have a better bench but it's not going to matter because we really actually only have one bench player anyway with Odom. If we never play our bench that means our starters will dominate their second unit therefore, rendering their mediocre bench useless."

You guys sound ridiculous. I can admit what advantages the Lakers have over the Suns, here let me make a list of them.

1. Kobe Bryant- Unsure about how we plan on stopping him but I trust our excellent team defense.

2. Size Advantage- Lamar Odom, Pau Gasol, and Andrew Bynum will make it difficult on the Suns for sure. However Lopez will be back for the Western Conference Finals so the disparity here is not as much as some people make it out to be. Plus, the Lakers will need to find a way in which to solve the problem that killed the Spurs, who comes out to cover Frye? If you switch and put a big on our guards or even Hill you will get burned. I'm sure Phil will think of something

3. The Best Perimeter Defense in Basketball- To me, this is the key to a Lakers victory. If you can contain all of our many shooters (Jason Richardson, Steve Nash, Jared Dudley, Leandro Barbosa, Channing Frye, Grant Hill, and Goran Dragic) then you've essentially won the game. However, like I said earlier, you will need every bit of that defense considering you'll be playing against the best 3pt shooting team of all time.

So that's three big advantages that the Suns will have to figure out. Now, for the troublesome part.

1. Steve Nash- The only team to ever shut Nash completely down was the Spurs, and keep in mind they had Bruce Bowen. If any of you watched the Suns/Spurs Series you would have seen that at the end of games Steve Nash picked the Spurs apart. (Kind of beautiful to watch actually...)

2. 3pt Shooting- As stated before you have the best perimeter D in basketball so we'll just have to wait and see on this one.

3. The Suns Bench- I don't care how good your top 5 or even 6 guys are you will need some semblance of a bench if you hope to keep up. Don't make the mistake of thinking you can just keep you're starters in against them, the high energy and hustle will only further exhaust them. The bench has played so well that on many occasions Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, and Jason Richardson often don't even make it back into the 4th Q. Goran Dragic, Leandro Barbosa, Jared Dudley, Lou Amundson, and Channing Frye will continue to win basketball games for us.

For your sake I truly hope Sasha "The Machine" Vujacic, Jordan Farmar, and Shannon Brown step up for you guys. Otherwise, this series may be over quicker than you think.

JordansBulls
05-09-2010, 12:05 PM
You always compare series from the past to find a way to justify your hate for the Lakers ,you always want an upset to L.A,boring and you might be disappointed again.Sorry.

I want an upset to any #1 seeded team.

rocky4104
05-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Rocky actually clarified he was being sarcastic in another post. I thought he was serious too until I saw his post that cleared it up.

lol.. sometimes Stat i feel that you have to use sarcasm to talk to some LAL fans.. how can i be a real Sun's fan if i dont believe in them? i admit though that the Lakers are the favorites, just as the Spurs was in the 2nd round..... BUT! ! i revel in it! i love seeing my Phoenix Suns team prove critics wrong!

so much sweeter this way bro..

Go Suns all the way!!

STAT32
05-09-2010, 12:56 PM
^^^ That's what I was saying speak for yourself about. The Lakers may be the favorites but I'm not "most" Suns fans who believe that we are gonna lose.

Suns will win this series.

mattcribbin
05-09-2010, 01:01 PM
The Suns shooting is too good. Their defense is good enough. They can hit teams with the pick and roll game or they can run full court on some fast break ish. Lets go Phoenix.

kjdills13
05-09-2010, 01:15 PM
stop talking about the lakers size Yes the lakers have size on the suns. BUT there size will be neutralized by Channing FRYE.

You cant play bynum on FRYE and expect him to guard him out at the 3 point line. Which means Gasol or odom have to. If you leave bynum to have to guard the pick and roll between nash and amare they will pick the lakers apart. Which means bynum will not be able to play alot. Odom will play and guard Frye and Gasol guard Amare.

Do I think the lakers have a size advantage YES do I think they are going to be able to use it to a BIG advantage NOOOOOO. It will play a small roll during the first 4 minutes of each half when collins is in but thats it.

td0tsfinest
05-09-2010, 01:18 PM
people are also dismissing the possibility of Robin Lopez coming back. He's not the greatest big man in the game but he gives the suns an extra big body in the paint.

STAT32
05-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Robin Lopez will be back. He could have played in the Spurs series if it went long (It still might). KJDILLS you nailed exactly what I was talking about, who is going to come out and guard Frye? Not to mention we can go big too, Frye/Amare/Lopez could cause some problems for the Lakers as well.

OA SLAY
05-09-2010, 02:27 PM
All you guys better hope the Suns win tonight!! This could get UGLY.

ko8e24
05-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Lakers in 7.

Suns steal game 1 in LA (PHX 1-0)
Lakers win game 2 in LA (Tied 1-1)
Suns win game 3 in PHX (PHX 2-1)
Lakers steal game 4 in PHX (Tied 2-2)
Lakers win game 5 in LA (Lakers 3-2)
Suns win game 6 in PHX (Tied 3-3)
Lakers win game 7 in LA (Lakers 4-3)

I have too much respect for Steve Nash and how efficent these Suns are on offense, and how much improved they are defensively as a ball club.

ko8e24
05-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Robin Lopez will be back. He could have played in the Spurs series if it went long (It still might). KJDILLS you nailed exactly what I was talking about, who is going to come out and guard Frye? Not to mention we can go big too, Frye/Amare/Lopez could cause some problems for the Lakers as well.

Well, Pau will guard Channing. Pau isn't like most centers who doesn't like to come out on the perimeter to guard guys. And Pau too has a nice 15-18 foot jump shot that he knocks down well, so Frye in a way will have to do the same and guard not just down low, but a little out around that 18 foot area. So I don't know why everyone is talking about this "Channing Frye" factor as something the Lakers cannot overcome.

Bynum will guard Amare, Artest on J-Rich, Kobe on Grant Hill, and Fisher on Steve Nash.

ko8e24
05-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Oh btw, while Robin Lopez returns for PHX, Sasha "The Machine" Vujacic and his shooting (he regained his touched towards the end of the regular season before he got injured) and his pesky annoying perimeter defense will be back for LA. :)

Machine shut down Dragic! :D

STAT32
05-09-2010, 02:39 PM
You didn't really try to say that Vujacic means as much to the Lakers as Robin means to the Suns right? You're talking about our starting center. Nobody is saying that the Lakers can't overcome the Channing Frye factor, all we're saying is that his presence will nullify the Lakers size down low.

ko8e24
05-09-2010, 02:49 PM
You didn't really try to say that Vujacic means as much to the Lakers as Robin means to the Suns right? You're talking about our starting center. Nobody is saying that the Lakers can't overcome the Channing Frye factor, all we're saying is that his presence will nullify the Lakers size down low.

The Machine part was a joke to an extent. ;)

No but Lakers actually need Vujacic. If shots aren't falling for Brown and Farmar off the Laker bench, they basically become ineffective for the most part because their D is soft and inconsistent. At least when Sasha is in the game, if his shot isn't falling, he's always pesky and annoying on D. That type of effort is what I appreciate as a Laker fan. And he runs our offense really well. Our 3 bench players that run the triangle offense really well for the Lakers are Lamar Odom, Luke Walton and Sasha Vujacic. And that is actually the truth. He's gives us another facilitator on the floor, another shooter, and another guy who can take some of Kobe's minutes when coming off the bench to give Mamba an extra needed 2-3 min of rest.

DCB/LAL
05-09-2010, 03:40 PM
stop talking about the lakers size Yes the lakers have size on the suns. BUT there size will be neutralized by Channing FRYE.

You cant play bynum on FRYE and expect him to guard him out at the 3 point line. Which means Gasol or odom have to. If you leave bynum to have to guard the pick and roll between nash and amare they will pick the lakers apart. Which means bynum will not be able to play alot. Odom will play and guard Frye and Gasol guard Amare.

Do I think the lakers have a size advantage YES do I think they are going to be able to use it to a BIG advantage NOOOOOO. It will play a small roll during the first 4 minutes of each half when collins is in but thats it.

Hmm.....Frye take a 3 and maybe making it vs Bynum dunking it which would you pick for a whole series? Thats a tough one! Frye may be a good shooter but id take that match-up all day.

Phx is alot like the JAZZ...they have a 3 point shooting C Frye= Okur.....Boozer is like a poor mans Amare, and Nash and Williams are both top 3 PG's.....and I only mention them because their gonna have to have HUGE games to beat LA and even then idk if they will.

DCB/LAL
05-09-2010, 03:42 PM
And really Robin Lopez is gonna be the Suns excuse if they dont win? The same Robin who averaged 4.9 Rebs a game and 8 PPG? You guys make it sound like you have Brook Lopez

gcoll
05-09-2010, 05:34 PM
And really Robin Lopez is gonna be the Suns excuse if they dont win? The same Robin who averaged 4.9 Rebs a game and 8 PPG? You guys make it sound like you have Brook Lopez
it's not about his offense.

In the first game against the Suns this year, Bynum scored 26 points. Lopez was injured that game. In the next 3 he averaged 15.

So, Lopez's size can help give Bynum some trouble.

The next point. Amare. Without Lopez, Bynum guards Amare. Amare struggles with Bynum on both ends. In the first game (with Lopez out) Amare scored 8 points. He gets into foul trouble, and Bynum's length gives him trouble on the other end. In the 3 games against LAL with Lopez playing, Stoudemire averaged around 25 points.

So. To wrap up. With Lopez on the floor, he helps slow Bynum's offense down, and his presence on the offensive end frees Stoudemire up. Hence, given the size advantage that LA has, Lopez's presence is crucial.

It's also important to note, that since Lopez was inserted into the starting lineup for the Suns, the Suns had the best record in the West, and Stoudemire went on an absolute tear. That's not a coincidence.

thapharcyd
05-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Yeah... No on picked the Suns to make WCF. Gotta get past the Spurs first. That's all I really ever wanted, Suns to beat the Spurs in the playoffs. I would be happy to see the Suns take the Lakers to 6 or 7.

blastmasta26
05-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Suns/Lakers will be a really good series. I think it will be like the Nuggets/Lakers series of last year but even closer with Lakers beating Phoenix in 7.

GoatMilk
05-09-2010, 10:48 PM
this is going to be a nice series

lakers will win, but who knows with phoenix?

mattcribbin
05-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Let's go Phoenix. Lakers, watch out.

Iron24th
05-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Lakers in 7.

Suns steal game 1 in LA (PHX 1-0)
Lakers win game 2 in LA (Tied 1-1)
Suns win game 3 in PHX (PHX 2-1)
Lakers steal game 4 in PHX (Tied 2-2)
Lakers win game 5 in LA (Lakers 3-2)
Suns win game 6 in PHX (Tied 3-3)
Lakers win game 7 in LA (Lakers 4-3)

I have too much respect for Steve Nash and how efficent these Suns are on offense, and how much improved they are defensively as a ball club.

So,the suns lead the series 2 times? No way,can't wait to dissmiss all suns fans hopes.

mattcribbin
05-09-2010, 11:15 PM
Dissmiss? Is that related to Swiss Miss? Can't wait to see the Lakers lose.

still1ballin
05-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Lakers and Laker fans can finally get their chance at revenge.

LA_Raiders
05-09-2010, 11:46 PM
cant wait, its going to be great....

REVENGE!!!

RipVW
05-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Wow, this series could really be interesting. With Nash's ability to penetrate and with Stoudemire, I can see this series coming down to whether or not Stoudemire and Phoenix's bigs are able to put LAs bigs in foul trouble first, or vice versa.

sunnydayin'zona
05-10-2010, 12:54 AM
Hmm.....Frye take a 3 and maybe making it vs Bynum dunking it which would you pick for a whole series? Thats a tough one! Frye may be a good shooter but id take that match-up all day.

Phx is alot like the JAZZ...they have a 3 point shooting C Frye= Okur.....Boozer is like a poor mans Amare, and Nash and Williams are both top 3 PG's.....and I only mention them because their gonna have to have HUGE games to beat LA and even then idk if they will.

noo they are very very different from the jazz. the jazz dont have the talent phoenix does. aside from those 3 players, theres not much talent on the jazz. and our coaches run complete opposite systems

Iron24th
05-10-2010, 12:57 AM
So, every suns fans think,we'll lose WCF,like every teams fans we meet lol,first thunder fans,then jazz fans and now suns fans,can't wait to see them disappear from this forum after we win.

Suns fans will learn the difference between kwame/mihm/cook/smush and Bynum/Gasol/L.O/Artest/Fisher.

Bishnoff
05-10-2010, 12:59 AM
All I know is that it is going to be a great series. The Suns are the underdogs, but a team who should never be underestimated.

KG2TB
05-10-2010, 01:05 AM
Wow, this series could really be interesting. With Nash's ability to penetrate and with Stoudemire, I can see this series coming down to whether or not Stoudemire and Phoenix's bigs are able to put LAs bigs in foul trouble first, or vice versa.

Definitely agree with you but I think ultimately LA has too much size. It'll be a fun series, but I don't think it goes past 6 games.

RipVW
05-10-2010, 01:12 AM
Definitely agree with you but I think ultimately LA has too much size. It'll be a fun series, but I don't think it goes past 6 games.

Yeah, LA the favorite but it seems Phoenix has a chance. If Stoudemire can do a lot of damage, it could get interesting. It also seems like Phoenix has more shooters. The Lakers are tough though between Grace Jones and their bigs.

RipVW
05-10-2010, 01:14 AM
So, every suns fans think,we'll lose WCF,like every teams fans we meet lol,first thunder fans,then jazz fans and now suns fans,can't wait to see them disappear from this forum after we win.

Suns fans will learn the difference between kwame/mihm/cook/smush and Bynum/Gasol/L.O/Artest/Fisher.

Sorry, this made me laugh.

The Final Boss
05-10-2010, 01:17 AM

:clap:

Giantwarrior
05-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Lakers are heavy favorites. they will win in 5.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-10-2010, 01:30 AM
Lakers and Laker fans can finally get their chance at revenge.

what revenge? you guys have the best team, went to the finals twice in 08 and 09, and won the title last year. the suns got knocked out every year and they were a lottery team last season. think about that, the suns didn't make the playoffs while you guys won another title. you make it seem like the suns knocked the lakers out every year.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-10-2010, 01:31 AM
Lakers are heavy favorites. they will win in 5.

probably...and. so are you telling the suns to forfeit?

AI4MVP
05-10-2010, 01:35 AM
BEAT LA!!!!!!! cant wait to hear the chants at the purple palace

thethingsido4u
05-10-2010, 01:39 AM

gtfo the color purple is ours!
:p

still1ballin
05-10-2010, 01:41 AM
what revenge? you guys have the best team, went to the finals twice in 08 and 09, and won the title last year. the suns got knocked out every year and they were a lottery team last season. think about that, the suns didn't make the playoffs while you guys won another title. you make it seem like the suns knocked the lakers out every year.

Those 2 years they knocked us off in the first round. We never got to repay them. It was tough to swallow, especially being up 3-1.

still1ballin
05-10-2010, 01:41 AM

Me too!

But you know, it never seems to work.

still1ballin
05-10-2010, 01:43 AM

Why? Haven't you seen what he has done in the playoffs and in the past?

Iron24th
05-10-2010, 01:43 AM

I think you haven't watched one single Lakers playoffs game,particulary the last one against utah,jazz fans can't laugh.

Iron24th
05-10-2010, 01:45 AM
:clap:

:cheers:

Love your "then don't watch" sig lol

RipVW
05-10-2010, 01:46 AM
Why? Haven't you seen what he has done in the playoffs and in the past?

I think you haven't watched one single Lakers playoffs game,particulary the last one against utah,jazz fans can't laugh.

He sucks. He might be the worst PG in the league. His team carries him.

still1ballin
05-10-2010, 01:47 AM
He sucks.

Did you miss last year's NBA finals?

RipVW
05-10-2010, 01:50 AM
Did you miss last year's NBA finals?

He repeatedly gets raped by other point guards like he's the prettiest man in prison.

still1ballin
05-10-2010, 01:52 AM
He repeatedly gets raped by other point guards like he's the prettiest man in prison.

I agree, but in the end in of a tight ball game in need of a big shot or big play, he is always there and never fails. Ask the Magic fans

Voodoo Alchemy
05-10-2010, 01:54 AM
Those 2 years they knocked us off in the first round. We never got to repay them. It was tough to swallow, especially being up 3-1.

those 2 years? you mean when the suns were a weak team with amare out with the knee injury and all we had was nash, bell, marion, tim thomas and diaw? and since then, you guys got rid of all your crappy players and brought in gasol, ariza, artest, bynum developed into one of the best centers, went to finals twice and won a trophy. i guess it's clear it's a tough pill to swallow.

still1ballin
05-10-2010, 01:57 AM
those 2 years? you mean when the suns were a weak team with amare out with the knee injury and all we had was nash, bell, marion, tim thomas and diaw? and since then, you guys got rid of all your crappy players and brought in gasol, ariza, artest, bynum developed into one of the best centers, went to finals twice and won a trophy. i guess it's clear it's a tough pill to swallow.

A week team? If you call that a weak team then what you call smush parker kobe, odom, luke walton, brian cook, kwame brown then?

Voodoo Alchemy
05-10-2010, 02:02 AM
A week team? If you call that a weak team then what you call smush parker kobe, odom, luke walton, brian cook, kwame brown then?

haha, they were weak too! but the point is the lakers are the best team and they've done well for themselves over the last several years. i don't know why the laker fans have to talk down to the suns fans. the suns played whomever were in front of them. it's not like they diliberately chose to meet the lakers in the wcf.

AI4MVP
05-10-2010, 02:25 AM
i think people are overlooking the fact that the suns just SWEPT a very talented Spurs team that beat the number 2 seeded Dallas mavericks and were very confident after that series. SWEPT. that shows something. its not gunna be easy as u think its guna be lakers fans

Voodoo Alchemy
05-10-2010, 02:36 AM
i think people are overlooking the fact that the suns just SWEPT a very talented Spurs team that beat the number 2 seeded Dallas mavericks and were very confident after that series. SWEPT. that shows something. its not gunna be easy as u think its guna be lakers fans

come on, everyone knows it's going to be very tough for the undersized suns against the lakers. the suns have to come up with a game plan that plays to their strengths and live with the outcome. that's all you can hope for.

i like how gentry is making gametime adjustments rather than being static and making adjustments in the next game. he's more proactive than dantoni's stubborn azz.

leftie5
05-10-2010, 02:41 AM
come on, everyone knows it's going to be very tough for the undersized suns against the lakers. the suns have to come up with a game plan that plays to their strengths and live with the outcome. that's all you can hope for.

i like how gentry is making gametime adjustments rather than being static and making adjustments in the next game. he's more proactive than dantoni's stubborn azz.

Agreed. It's going to be tough as hell with all their length, but we just have to develop a game plan and go after it. It's going to be an interesting series for sure and even though the Lakers will probably be big favorites, I am looking forward to see how we match up.

mdm692
05-10-2010, 02:59 AM
Lakers in 4 or 5

Suns got no one.

no contest imo

ok so apparently someone doesnt have tnt or espn...but grant hills defense on ginobli and on andre miller has been phenomenal...and dudley off the bench is great...plus kobe will get his thats given as long as the rest of the team doesnt we be ok...also amare plays defense now so gasol and bynum should watch out...and if lopez coming back la doesnt look that big no more...plus we still got lou, collins, dwayne jones....all the big bodys to throw around the big dum dum bynum and the older but softer gasol

ko8e24
05-10-2010, 03:05 AM
ok so apparently someone doesnt have tnt or espn...but grant hills defense on ginobli and on andre miller has been phenomenal...and dudley off the bench is great...plus kobe will get his thats given as long as the rest of the team doesnt we be ok...also amare plays defense now so gasol and bynum should watch out...and if lopez coming back la doesnt look that big no more...plus we still got lou, collins, dwayne jones....all the big bodys to throw around the big dum dum bynum and the older but softer gasol

Andre Miller and Manu Ginobili are teriffic players, but no way can you compare them to an ICON like Kobe Bryant.

But I'll still say this series is going the full distance. Lakers in 7

Voodoo Alchemy
05-10-2010, 03:06 AM

let kobe average 100ppg, take everyone else out of the game and we should be in great shape!

rocky4104
05-10-2010, 03:18 AM

still cant believe alvin gentry out-coached PAPA-vich... great job coach!

if our bench dragic, barbosa, lou and esp frye and dudley play as well as they did against SAS, man.. it's gonna be a long series for the Lakers..

its gonna be an exciting series to watch..

and if we get Lopez back? wow........

pressure's now on the Lakers in nthe first to games to protect their homecourt nwo that the Suns have shown that they can grind it out on the road.. this is the grittiest Suns team that the Kobe-era Lakers will ever face in a series..

MVMarauder
05-10-2010, 03:46 AM
i think people are overlooking the fact that the suns just swept a very talented spurs team that beat the number 2 seeded dallas mavericks and were very confident after that series. Swept. That shows something. Its not gunna be easy as u think its guna be lakers fans

couture you dogg!!!!!!!!

JPHX
05-10-2010, 04:01 AM
Hope people keep counting out the suns. it has really been their motivation so far.

bolts4ever
05-10-2010, 04:51 AM
Dear Suns notice In order to bet us Lakers you have to do 1 of 2 things and if you are honest with yourself you'll see that you cant even CONTEST either one!!!

1.) Slow Down Kobe- whos going to guard him My guess is they'll start Richardson on him and Richardson will get into foul trouble and then Dudley and Hill will get a crack.

This works into the Lakers Favor because all three will have to work extremely hard on defense and possibly major foul trouble and its well documented how much Richardson means to your team.

2.) Stop 3 headed Beast- Gasol, Bynum and Odom- Really Their is None on your roster with size. ROBIN LOPEZ!!!!! REALLY!!!! C'mon MAN!!!! wouldnt be surprised if all three averaged a double double this series. REBS, BLKS, PTS inf the PAINT.

Amare will be frustrated as usual because a lot of those EASY DUNKS and LAYUPS will be BLOCKED this series.

could be a 5gm series but I'll say 6 (we get lazy on the floor sometimes).

JPHX
05-10-2010, 04:55 AM
Dear Suns notice In order to bet us Lakers you have to do 1 of 2 things and if you are honest with yourself you'll see that you cant even CONTEST either one!!!

1.) Slow Down Kobe- whos going to guard him My guess is they'll start Richardson on him and Richardson will get into foul trouble and then Dudley and Hill will get a crack.

This works into the Lakers Favor because all three will have to work extremely hard on defense and possibly major foul trouble and its well documented how much Richardson means to your team.

2.) Stop 3 headed Beast- Gasol, Bynum and Odom- Really Their is None on your roster with size. ROBIN LOPEZ!!!!! REALLY!!!! C'mon MAN!!!! wouldnt be surprised if all three averaged a double double this series. REBS, BLKS, PTS inf the PAINT.

Amare will be frustrated as usual because a lot of those EASY DUNKS and LAYUPS will be BLOCKED this series.

:laugh: how about closing the Jazz out first.

rocky4104
05-10-2010, 05:11 AM

personally, i dot n think the SUNS are in the boardroom right now coming up with strategies or plays to stop or even slow down kobe.. i think they'll let him have his points and try and contain the rest..

the big 3 is really for formidable, in order to neutralize that the Suns have just to flat out try to outscore and outhustle the Lakers, which they have shown they can do in a series, (see. rounds 1 and 2).. if the shots are falling (i mean the 3's), and the suns have tons (nash, frye, dudley, jrich, and barbosa) of shooters that can shoot the lights out any given time, this might force jackson to play small ball, like the spurs did, thereby neutralizing the big 3 that you so rave about. otherwise its a shootout at the OK Corral in this series in which the Suns have the distinct advantage. of course its not gonna happen all the time in a series, and in games like that, the Lakers will have the upperhand and the suns have just to grind it out and hope the games stay close enough for a small run at the end to give them a chance to win.. of fourse im hoping for the other scenario

and when that happens..

i'll pick the suns small ball against the lakers small ball anytime of the week and twice on sundays..

its gonna be a fun series to watch no matter what.. goodluck to both teams.. wait, take it back! good luck to the suns and hoping the lakers having an off-night 4 games in a row :)

bolts4ever
05-10-2010, 05:19 AM
personally, i dot n think the SUNS are in the boardroom right now coming up with strategies or plays to stop or even slow down kobe.. i think they'll let him have his points and try and contain the rest..

the big 3 is really for formidable, in order to neutralize that the Suns have just to flat out try to outscore and outhustle the Lakers, which they have shown they can do in a series, (see. rounds 1 and 2).. if the shots are falling (i mean the 3's), and the suns have tons (nash, frye, dudley, jrich, and barbosa) of shooters that can shoot the lights out any given time, this might force jackson to play small ball, like the spurs did, thereby neutralizing the big 3 that you so rave about. otherwise its a shootout at the OK Corral in this series in which the Suns have the distinct advantage. of course its not gonna happen all the time in a series, and in games like that, the Lakers will have the upperhand and the suns have just to grind it out and hope the games stay close enough for a small run at the end to give them a chance to win.. of fourse im hoping for the other scenario

and when that happens..

i'll pick the suns small ball against the lakers small ball anytime of the week and twice on sundays..

its gonna be a fun series to watch no matter what.. goodluck to both teams.. wait, take it back! good luck to the suns and hoping the lakers having an off-night 4 games in a row :)

Thats is exactly my point I guarantee the Suns will turn into a JUMP SHOOTING TEAM as they allways do. your best POST PLAYER is your SG RICHARDSON.

PTS in the PAINT for AMARE will come rarely and unless you shoot 60% on 30 3 pt shoots I dont see it happening.

Secondly Our Small Ball witrh Gasol and Odom is still twice as big as you best two inside players by far.
Amare cant hide this series hell have to play defense on Bynum, PAU or Odom NO BREAKS, NO HIDING just FOUL TROUBLE!!!

AI4MVP
05-10-2010, 06:30 AM
i dont get why people keep talking about the length of the lakers. if we get robin lopez back our front court is 6'10" and 7'0". its not like were sending glen davis and dejuan blair out there. its not like were undersized or anything. lopez can keep bynum under control and amare will atleast equalize pau.

rocky4104
05-10-2010, 06:36 AM
Thats is exactly my point I guarantee the Suns will turn into a JUMP SHOOTING TEAM as they allways do. your best POST PLAYER is your SG RICHARDSON.

PTS in the PAINT for AMARE will come rarely and unless you shoot 60% on 30 3 pt shoots I dont see it happening.

Secondly Our Small Ball witrh Gasol and Odom is still twice as big as you best two inside players by far.
Amare cant hide this series hell have to play defense on Bynum, PAU or Odom NO BREAKS, NO HIDING just FOUL TROUBLE!!!

maybe thats what it gonna take to beat the lakers... back to the old run-and-gun, shoot-the-lights-out suns of old cause nobody does it better than the Phoenix Suns.. one thing though, this "new" suns team is scrappier and do a lot better team defense than the suns of D'antoni.. and we have more efficient 3-point shooters now - Amare really haven't exploded in the 1st 2 rounds and yet not only did the suns won both, they swept the Spurs, the same team that beat the 2nd best team in the west.. and if the 3-point shots are falling, you guys have a series in your hands - suns have been pretty consistent so far in the play-offs.. 3-point shots wise..

jump shooting team as they always do? are you confusing gentry's suns against d'antoni's - these are 2 different teams bro..

its not like the LAL are lock down perimeter defenders, not when your bigs like you say, will clamp down on amare - what does it mean? open 3's..

and im not saying phoenix's small ball is bigger that LA's.. i like the Sun's chances against the LA's small ball is what im saying..

i dont care and give a damn that you think LA's gonna breeze through amare and co. as you dont give a flying F__ about my my opnions... lets just agree to dis agree ok :)

goodluck to your team bro

DitchDat
05-10-2010, 07:24 AM
I think everyone made the mistake of saying the Suns would face a bad matchup in the Spurs, but they dictated the tempo (and the Spurs never got it together during the regular season, let's face it: constant injuries + R Jeff who just doesn't fit in). The Lakers, however, start two 7-footers and have a 6-10 sixth man off the bench. The Suns don't even have ONE inside-operator, let alone 3. I think we can compare this matchup to the Orlando-Atlanta matchup, the Lakers have superior height and a championship pedigree. Lakers will be in the Finals.

RipVW
05-10-2010, 09:59 AM

This can happen by Stoudemire having a big series on offense. If the Lakers bigs end up in foul trouble because Nash is penetrating and dishing off to Stoudemire in positions to score, the Laker bigs become easy to stop when theyre sitting on the bench in foul trouble.

Im not saying thats whats going to happen but it could happen.

kjdills13
05-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Yeah... No on picked the Suns to make WCF. Gotta get past the Spurs first. That's all I really ever wanted, Suns to beat the Spurs in the playoffs. I would be happy to see the Suns take the Lakers to 6 or 7.

that girl in your sig is hotter than a mo fo

kjdills13
05-10-2010, 10:49 AM
lakers fans i got a question? who guards nash?

someone just awnser that for me

DCB/LAL
05-10-2010, 10:54 AM
lakers fans i got a question? who guards nash?

someone just awnser that for me

Ive heard the same question but with different names....

Round 1:"Who guards Westbrook?"

Round 2:"Who guards Williams?"

Round 3:"Who guards Nash?"

And if we win it'll be.....

Round4:"Who guards Nelson/Mo/Rondo?"?????

Yeah the way thing have turned out so far....im not too worried about it.

Geargo Wallace
05-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Lakers in 4 or 5

Suns got no one.

no contest imo

Dudley is not a bum.

kjdills13
05-10-2010, 10:59 AM
and lakers fans, when channing fry is in the game lamar odom better be on his way in bc gasol will have to guard fry at the 3 point line and theres no way fisher and bynum can stop the amare nash pick and roll.

DCB/LAL
05-10-2010, 11:02 AM
and lakers fans, when channing fry is in the game lamar odom better be on his way in bc gasol will have to guard fry at the 3 point line and theres no way fisher and bynum can stop the amare nash pick and roll.

Ehh....not to worried about that either ill take the Frye vs Bynum/Gasol match-up all series long.

Hmmm.....Frye taking a 3 vs Bynum/Gasol down in the post?....yeah Id like my chances if I were LA. Its not like Gasil/Bynum are Kwame Brown these are 2 big men who can be dominate a game if allowed to.