PDA

View Full Version : Ny,Chi,Clip etc worth saving for 2011?

Hellcrooner
05-08-2010, 01:21 AM
Everybody is so turned on this years Fa class that it seems no one is looking to save some Money for next year but dont you think some of them should save for it ? specially since there will be a new arrangement with the league that may LOWER the max salarys?

Some Fa for 2011

Al Horford.

Kendrik Perkins.

Boris Diaw.

J Noah.

Mo Williams.

Caron Butler.

Melo.

Nene.

T Prince.

Aaroon Brooks.

Shane Battier.

Marc Gasol.

Zach Randolph.

David West.

Wilson Chandler.

Kevin Durant.

Jff Green.

Thad Young.

J rich.

Greg Oden.

Spencer hawes.

Tim Duncan.

Tony Parker.

Kirilenko.

Al Thorntorn.

Thats some past allstars , present allstars and future allstars.

Class may not have that much fancy names as this one ( providng stou, bosh, lebron ,Dirk,etc indeed opt out this summer and dont wait)

but i would say in terms of OVERALL talnet is DEEPER,

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
05-08-2010, 01:24 AM
i can tell you right now
durrant-extention
green-extention
duncan extention
parker extention
horford extention

cambovenzi
05-08-2010, 01:27 AM
i can tell you right now
durrant-extention
green-extention
duncan extention
parker extention
horford extention

Yea alot of those guys will be extended and there is no need to risk waiting for them when you have a perfectly godly FA class right here and now.

OA SLAY
05-08-2010, 01:46 AM
Again whats with that pale Creep in YO SIG!!! Your startin to worry me.

Toenail Clipper
05-08-2010, 01:48 AM
I'd rather sign LeBron James, then we'll be a championship team.

kozelkid
05-08-2010, 02:16 AM
Sorry, but no, 2011 does not come close to 2010 in depth or talent. 2010 starts with great talent and ends with incredible depth and incredibly amount of valuable role players. Most of the players are RFA and like in any free agency, they will get extended by their respective teams. Only reason that FA is very appealing is due to Melo.

ChiSox219
05-08-2010, 02:23 AM
Some Fa for 2011

Al Horford.=EXTENSION

Kendrik Perkins=EXTENSION

Boris Diaw=Probably a FA but there are 15-20 better options this year

J Noah=EXTENSION

Mo Williams=Re-signed if Lebron stays/PG is shallow this FA but in general is strong around the NBA, not someone you want to save cap space for

Caron Butler=FA, not someone you want to save cap space for

Melo=Extension, re-signed, or to NY

Nene=I like Nene a lot more than most, no idea where he'll land but he's a good option to add. I would rank him with David Lee and Luis Scola

T Prince= Not worth saving cap space

Aaroon Brooks=Mo Williams

Shane Battier=Aging, good add for MLE type money

Marc Gasol=EXTENSION

Zach Randolph=FA if MEM keeps Gay, he's on par with Boozer/Amare except Zach will be 30 when he is a FA.

David West=Not as good as Randolph and he'll be a year older. Not worth saving cap

Wilson Chandler=Not worth it

Kevin Durant=Max extension, only question is if the Thunder wait or give it to KD this summer

Jff Green=Personally, I think Jeff Green sucks.

Thad Young=Like him but his game has regressed recently, needs to have a good year. 76ers probably would not match a strong offer but he's not a #1 or 2 on a title contender

J rich=Not worth saving for, he's at near optimal level in PHX if they want him he'll stay.

Greg Oden=No one knows, if he's healthy and plays like he did this season, extension/match for sure. If he's injured, Blazers probably still give him a contract but might not match a huge offer sheet.

Spencer hawes=Meh

Tim Duncan=Doubt he leaves San Antonio

Tony Parker=29 year old, not worth saving cap space, wouldn't crack 2010 FA's top 10

Kirilenko=30 years old, not top 10

Al Thorntorn=ewww

JiffyMix88
05-08-2010, 02:35 AM
Some Fa for 2011

Al Horford.=EXTENSION

J Noah=EXTENSION

Mo Williams=Re-signed if Lebron stays/PG is shallow this FA but in general is strong around the NBA, not someone you want to save cap space for

Nene=I like Nene a lot more than most, no idea where he'll land but he's a good option to add. I would rank him with David Lee and Luis Scola

Marc Gasol=EXTENSION

Zach Randolph=FA if MEM keeps Gay, he's on par with Boozer/Amare except Zach will be 30 when he is a FA.

David West=Not as good as Randolph and he'll be a year older. Not worth saving cap

Kevin Durant=Max extension, only question is if the Thunder wait or give it to KD this summer

Thad Young=Like him but his game has regressed recently, needs to have a good year. 76ers probably would not match a strong offer but he's not a #1 or 2 on a title contender

J rich=Not worth saving for, he's at near optimal level in PHX if they want him he'll stay.

Greg Oden=No one knows, if he's healthy and plays like he did this season, extension/match for sure. If he's injured, Blazers probably still give him a contract but might not match a huge offer sheet.

Spencer hawes=Meh

Tony Parker=29 year old, not worth saving cap space, wouldn't crack 2010 FA's top 10

Al Thorntorn=ewww

lol agreed if their good their getting a extension and no one on that list below is worth saving for

Hellcrooner
05-08-2010, 02:37 AM
because all of the free agents always accept the extensions right away isntead of exploring Fa market an dpalyers never get disgrutled with their teams losing etc et...

OA SLAY
05-08-2010, 02:51 AM
^^ http://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lgpp31687+robert-pattinson-is-edward-twilight-poster.jpg ^^

Hellcrooner
05-08-2010, 02:56 AM
Lol since everybody asks for my sig:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMntWakmuEk&feature=PlayList&p=6AB6ED6731CE84F2&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=62

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs1yOhxcgP4&feature=related

cambovenzi
05-08-2010, 03:04 AM
Plenty of good players are available like that every year.
Its not very often that there will be as many elite players available like there will be this offseason, including the two time reigning MVP, Leboring James... I mean Lebron :cool:

comet_10
05-08-2010, 03:34 AM
agree 2010 fa class is better, yet i think the idea was to wait rather than overpay a 'second tier' star

ChiSox219
05-08-2010, 03:46 AM
agree 2010 fa class is better, yet i think the idea was to wait rather than overpay a 'second tier' star

The second tier players available this year will be better than anyone available in 2011. The exception is if Carmelo does leave but I think he only does that to go to New York, so I wouldn't necessarily call him available.

ldc62
05-08-2010, 03:50 AM
Some Fa for 2011

Al Horford.=EXTENSION

J Noah=EXTENSION

Marc Gasol=EXTENSION

Spencer hawes=Meh

Al Thorntorn=ewww

You are pretty critical...

abe_froman
05-08-2010, 04:25 AM
there are alot of solid players in it(but not as good as this years) and if some teams strike out it might be smart for them to have some flexibility to join it

heathonater
05-08-2010, 05:26 AM
if you have cap space this summer, you got to take advantage of it now. there's no guarantee that those players will be fa's.

lakerboy
05-08-2010, 07:43 AM
IF there is a risk of a lockout, all the superstars will sign long term contract extensions

Raph12
05-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Only one of those big FAs will actually move, that would be Melo and he's probably going to NYC.

zachsaints52
05-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Melo moving would be very likely if Billups is close to done, and Kmart as well. Next year might be the last hurrah in Den.

abe_froman
05-08-2010, 04:08 PM
if you have cap space this summer, you got to take advantage of it now. there's no guarantee that those players will be fa's.

there was/is no guarantee that any player this summer will move either...

THE MTL
05-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Everybody is so turned on this years Fa class that it seems no one is looking to save some Money for next year but dont you think some of them should save for it ? specially since there will be a new arrangement with the league that may LOWER the max salarys?

Some Fa for 2011

Al Horford.

Kendrik Perkins.

Boris Diaw.

J Noah.

Mo Williams.

Caron Butler.

Melo.

Nene.

T Prince.

Aaroon Brooks.

Shane Battier.

Marc Gasol.

Zach Randolph.

David West.

Wilson Chandler.

Kevin Durant.

Jff Green.

Thad Young.

J rich.

Greg Oden.

Spencer hawes.

Tim Duncan.

Tony Parker.

Kirilenko.

Al Thorntorn.

Thats some past allstars , present allstars and future allstars.

Class may not have that much fancy names as this one ( providng stou, bosh, lebron ,Dirk,etc indeed opt out this summer and dont wait)

but i would say in terms of OVERALL talnet is DEEPER,

First of all of the young guys are restricted free agents. Also all of them will sign contract extensions while they can still make the most money b4 the new CBA agreement.

And all of the unrestricted guys are old (er) and have flaws in their games

td0tsfinest
05-08-2010, 07:15 PM
A lot of those guys are going to get extensions, while it won't be as deep as this years pool, it will be intriguing nonetheless.

Oden really stuck out for me. I highly doubt the Blazers will just let him go but if they don't give him an extension, it'll be interesting to see what his value would be. The guy is only 22 years old, he's still pretty young. There are guys coming out of the draft that are older than him, so I definitely wouldn't say he's out of it yet.

ankit
05-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Greg Oden to the Raptors :) new start for him new start to the boshless raptors i do believe Greg Oden still has the makings of a good center when healthy, he just needs a non-playoff team for time to develop. I do believe Kevin Durant, Tim Duncan and Carmelo resign with their respected teams, after that the free agent class does have some intriguing pieces a team could covet.