PDA

View Full Version : Boston Celtics Should Look To Trade Paul Pierce

ko8e24
05-07-2010, 11:57 PM
Let's be real here, the guy has been a bum this yr, especially in the playoffs. He's had maybe one good game, and that was Game 3 @ Miami, when he scored 32 pts. Currently, Pierce is avg 17 PPG on 40% FG shooting in 8 games of the playoffs.

After watching tonight's game though, with him scoring 11 pts, it was pathetic. This whole series he has been invisible. It's like he's not even noticeable when your watching the game. You notice Rondo doing his thing, you notice that a so-so KG still trying to score and rebound, and you still see Ray Allen shooting the ball and doing what he's been doing for his career. But Mr. Slow MO Paul Pierce doesnt have any impact on the game. I think it was right when people used to say that Paul Pierce was the recipient of a championship because of guys like KG's defensive intensity and the culture he brought to Boston and Ray Ray and his deadly shooting. Fact of the matter is, Paul Pierce is not a game changer anymore where you go into a game trying to make adjustments on him. Guys like Rondo, KG, and Allen (The True Big 3) are players that you have to make adjustments of.

And if you notice, you always see good on court chemistry b/w Rondo and KG or Rondo and Ray Allen, but never Rondo and Paul Pierce. In the next 3-4 yrs, the Celtics can still be competitive in the East. They can have Rondo running the show, they can still have old KG try to be as impactful as possible on the defensive end, because face it, if it wasn't for that guy who brought the defensive culture to the celtics in the summer of 2007, boston would still be praying for a championship to this day. And Ray Allen is that shooter that every team needs. But Paul Pierce, after being Finals 2008, really hasn't done anything for the Boston Celtics organization. Yes he's been through the thick and thin before KG and Ray Ray came in 2007, but after winning a title and being Finals MVP, I think expectations were higher for him, and he simply has not lived up to it.

The Celtics need to go after a younger scorer like a Joe Johnson and give him all the minutes and put Pierce on the bench or make him a trading piece in the offseason. Pierce isn't going to get any better for his career, he's not really the guy that you think of as someone bringing in the defensive intensity to the Celtics, and his low FG% and wasted games of 11 pts (4-15 FG) in playoff games just won't get it done.

Celtics need to tell Paul Pierce: "Thank you for 12 great seasons and a title (w/ Finals MVP), but your time has gone. Goodbye!"

Do NBA fans here agree with me?

Thoughts...

Toenail Clipper
05-08-2010, 12:01 AM
No, he's the Franchise player. THE HELL

hgtiger32
05-08-2010, 12:04 AM
idk...it's a toss up. he's inconsistent in my opinion and plays really lazy, by not taking it hard to hoop. one thing ive noticed is he's shooting way more from outside instead of his nice mid range game- where he'd post up on the FT line and shoot over the defender and such like when they went to the finals...but let's play the game that might get traded...where would he go? miami? houston? idk just some rough ideas...

camador22
05-08-2010, 12:05 AM
How can they trade Pierce when he's a free agent :confused: Pierce could go wherever he wants.

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 12:07 AM
How can they trade Pierce when he's a free agent :confused: Pierce could go wherever he wants.

Really, I thought Ray Ray was a free agent. Aren't KG and Paul still under contract for 2010-2011?

asandhu23
05-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Lakers fan commenting on a Celtics player. hmm this thread has a bright future

streetballa
05-08-2010, 12:11 AM
I think he should be allowed to finish his career in Boston, but then I look at the Celtics situation. They only have 6 players under contract for next season and no cap room to do anything. They might need to move Pierce to be able to contend since the core will be older and the bench will be depleted.

But that would be the reasons to move him not because he is not effective (his numbers these playoffs are similar to 08). Even though a Memphis could use him for a season to mentor the young guys, if he didn't mind a bench role.

streetballa
05-08-2010, 12:12 AM

He has an ETO which he more than likely will not exercise

JordansBulls
05-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Pierce will be traded when Duncan or Kobe are traded? He has been the franchise player for years.

camador22
05-08-2010, 12:19 AM
He has an ETO which he more than likely will not exercise

2011 is the year for the new collective bargaining agreement. The owner are pushing hard for lower contract and even non guaranteed contracts. That mean everyone including Pierce and Dirk will opt out without question. There simply is too much risk in getting a huge pay cut if you don't extend you're contract.

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 12:23 AM

It's not about that. This is from an objective point of view. Note, I gave Boston Celtics credit for their defensive culture in 2008 and admitted that Kevin Garnett was the culture changer for the ball club, and their defense lead them to 2008 title. Don't be a sore *** by instigating Celtics fans against me just because no one has any clue what the Warriors are doing with ownership, bad contracts, Don Nelson and all that crap. Don't take that frustration out on me! :eyebrow:

JLynn943
05-08-2010, 12:23 AM
they won't trade him since he's been their franchise player for years, but they really should consider it

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Pierce will be traded when Duncan or Kobe are traded? He has been the franchise player for years.

I really think Boston must change things up this offseason. Bring a more focused defensive identity. For that, you need KG to be a mentor, and you need one of the greatest shooters in NBA history to be on your team. Paul Pierce is replaceable. Get Joe Johnson, amd make Pierce available on the trading market and acquire another good scoring forward off the bench along with an adequate scoring big man.

streetballa
05-08-2010, 12:26 AM
2011 is the year for the new collective bargaining agreement. The owner are pushing hard for lower contract and even non guaranteed contracts. That mean everyone including Pierce and Dirk will opt out without question. There simply is too much risk in getting a huge pay cut if you don't extend you're contract.

He is slotted to make about $20 million next season he would probably only get like $10 on the market right now because he would not get a max and that is being generous.

asandhu23
05-08-2010, 12:34 AM
It's not about that. This is from an objective point of view. Note, I gave Boston Celtics credit for their defensive culture in 2008 and admitted that Kevin Garnett was the culture changer for the ball club, and their defense lead them to 2008 title. Don't be a sore *** by instigating Celtics fans against me just because no one has any clue what the Warriors are doing with ownership, bad contracts, Don Nelson and all that crap. Don't take that frustration out on me! :eyebrow:

Actually we do have a clue. Warriors are on sale and the top bidder is the 4th richest man in the world: Larry Ellison. Once W's are sold to him, we will have the richest owner in all sports and Larry Ellison hates to lose and will do anything for a winning product.

Warriors have hit the rock bottom and the only way to go is up. Any way ko8e24, once Kobe is done, what will you do? I am going to take a guess that it involves a band and a wagon.

Lakersfan2483
05-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Pierce looks terrible out there and there is no way around it. He's not even knocking down open shots and can't take advantage of mismatches when the Cavs switch with a smaller defender. I am not sure what Ainge has planned, but he may want to re-think resigning Paul to a long term deal. He's no longer a go to guy. It's like night and day in terms of looking at him now and from 2 years ago when he played great against Bron. Back in 08, he was on a tear and was aggressive from the jump. He's not the same player at all.

AirCanada15ORL
05-08-2010, 12:41 AM
I think they should, it'll be a sad day for Celtic fans but it's time.

I'm pretty sure they can find another guy for cheaper who can move at the speed of a sloth and hit mid range shots..

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 12:42 AM
Actually we do have a clue. Warriors are on sale and the top bidder is the 4th richest man in the world: Larry Ellison. Once W's are sold to him, we will have the richest owner in all sports and Larry Ellison hates to lose and will do anything for a winning product.

Warriors have hit the rock bottom and the only way to go is up. Any way ko8e24, once Kobe is done, what will you do? I am going to take a guess that it involves a band and a wagon.

Then I'll become a Warriors fan. You'll be seeing me as the guy sitting next to Jessica Alba. :drool:

asandhu23
05-08-2010, 12:44 AM
Then I'll become a Warriors fan. You'll be seeing me as the guy sitting next to Jessica Alba. :drool:

*****, get back to the end of the line. Lol :D

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 12:46 AM
*****, get back to the end of the line. Lol

:laugh:

Asandhu23, you make me laugh bro. But naw, good luck to Golden State bro and the new ownership and everything.

tdunk21
05-08-2010, 12:48 AM
lets do an Rick jefferson for paul pierce swap....

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 12:50 AM
lets do an Rick jefferson for paul pierce swap....

No one wants that overpaid dude. And plus, he wouldn't work in Boston's offense. He needs a run-and-gun transition team like PHX, GSW or OKC or somethin.

OaklandsFinest
05-08-2010, 01:01 AM
I think Boston should try as best as possible to accomodate Pierce as he salvaged that franchise and road for them like a G. I would see if maybe him and KG would agree to re-do their contracts and maybe stretch what they are due over the next 3 or 4 years. Then I would resign Allen at a lower level contract and try and make a play for bringing Al Jefferson back, maybe for Kendrick Perkins plus a throw in to make the contracts work. There really is no excuse for Rondo to have a non existent jumper.

ldc62
05-08-2010, 03:52 AM

I dunno because it has slowly become Rondo's team. I can see them letting go of Pierce if Pierce wants money.

JordansBulls
05-08-2010, 08:41 AM
I really think Boston must change things up this offseason. Bring a more focused defensive identity. For that, you need KG to be a mentor, and you need one of the greatest shooters in NBA history to be on your team. Paul Pierce is replaceable. Get Joe Johnson, amd make Pierce available on the trading market and acquire another good scoring forward off the bench along with an adequate scoring big man.

It's too late for Boston, their guys are old. Ray Allen needs to go somewhere else. Garnett can be traded, but who exactly or what do you give up for him at this point?

tjlipford
05-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Pierce looks terrible out there and there is no way around it. He's not even knocking down open shots and can't take advantage of mismatches when the Cavs switch with a smaller defender. I am not sure what Ainge has planned, but he may want to re-think resigning Paul to a long term deal. He's no longer a go to guy. It's like night and day in terms of looking at him now and from 2 years ago when he played great against Bron. Back in 08, he was on a tear and was aggressive from the jump. He's not the same player at all.

What is Pierce supposed to do? Lebron is better than he was two years ago and Pierce is older than two years ago. He has to try to control Lebron the best way that he can and all his energy is being used up on defense. Those moves are too slow for LB now, every player gets old someday. Boston is just old. People want them to play like 08, but it is just not happening.

Raph12
05-08-2010, 11:19 AM

Kobe and Duncan are both still elite players in the league... Pierce is not, plain and simple.

Kakaroach
05-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Pierce won't be traded, he has been their franchise for the last 10 years. They might need to trade him, but there is no way he will actually be traded.

thekmp211
05-08-2010, 11:38 AM
how about pierce for marcus thornton okafor and whatever fillers need to be put into place for that to work?

seems like the first decent fit off the top of my head.

hugepatsfan
05-08-2010, 11:47 AM
how about pierce for marcus thornton okafor and whatever fillers need to be put into place for that to work?

seems like the first decent fit off the top of my head.

Pierce and Big Baby for Marcus Thortan, Julian Wright, Morris Peterson, and Peja. I think that matches on salary. Gives NO two quality rotation guys for one (Mo-Pete and Peja suck, Wright doesn't play much - Landry is the only quality piece they give up). Helps the Cs get younger w/ two young guys and 2 expirings.

jackdawson
05-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Yeah right! Now let's be real one more time and trade Kobe ballhog bryant because lakers play better through Pau Gasol. How is that?

avrpatsfan
05-08-2010, 12:03 PM
No, he's the Franchise player. THE HELL

No Rondo is.

chomaru
05-08-2010, 12:19 PM
last night was pretty sad, the low point for me was when he had Mo Williams posted up 1 on 1 and couldnt score...

I still think he is gonna have a big game this series tho.

Nighthawk
05-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Ian Thomsen of S.I was on the radio here in Boston yesterday. He said at the deadline Boston tried to trade Ray Allen for Caron Butler. Then Flip Perkins and others to Utah for Boozer.

Boozer
KG
Pierce
Butler
Rondo

Would of been interesting with that lineup. Ainge will try to work some magic. I think Pierce opts out and signs for cheaper but not much cheaper. Unless we do sign and trades we really cant obtain any coveted free agents. Would a team want Pierce? And be willing to give us young valuable pieces for him? Doubt it. Pierce will retire a C.

Avenged
05-08-2010, 12:39 PM
There's something called loyalty. I don't think Boston would ever do that.

joe j.09
05-08-2010, 12:47 PM
paul pierce is FINISHED, who would trade for him, he looks like old fu$k out there against cleveland

zachsaints52
05-08-2010, 12:54 PM
There's something called loyalty. I don't think Boston would ever do that.

This.

LEBRON_KING_23
05-08-2010, 01:08 PM
you guys are asking Pierce to guard LEBRON. Not an easy task. Id imagine he looks so dam slow because hes worn out on the defensive end.
Lebron was sinking every jumpshot, what is a defender supposed to do then? you tell me.

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 05:14 PM
you guys are asking Pierce to guard LEBRON. Not an easy task. Id imagine he looks so dam slow because hes worn out on the defensive end.
Lebron was sinking every jumpshot, what is a defender supposed to do then? you tell me.

How did LeBron's name get into this thread? :facepalm:

This thread is about Paul Pierce.

NYMetros
05-08-2010, 08:58 PM
How did LeBron's name get into this thread? :facepalm:

This thread is about Paul Pierce.

He makes a valid point IMO. You brought up how Pierce sucks offensiely this series, so he responded by saying that he's worn out by guarding the best player in the NBA. Makes sense. It takes a lot out of you, and combine that with Pierce's old legs and it's not a good mix.

Also, I don't think Joe Johnson would be a very big upgrade. He's doing just as bad right now in the playoffs and only 3 years younger. Boston is kind of stuck right now, but that's the risk they took when they traded for KG and Ray. I'm pretty sure they would do it again if they had the chance though, obviously.

Mc Lovin
05-08-2010, 09:20 PM
They can't trade him. I doubt they will get anywhere near an equal value trade for him and I don't think there's too many teams who would be willing to take on that contract at his age. The only thing they could really do when Ray Allen's contract is up this summer is try to resign him for cheap money and use the rest of the money they will have when his contract comes off the books to sign a couple of pretty good role players to bolster that bench. The only other thing they could do is trade Rajon Rondo. He's the only player on the team that they could get something good for but, i highly doubt they will do that. Danny Ainge's hands are tied because of KG's, Pierce's, and Rasheed Wallace's contracts. He sold his sole for one championship and he really doesn't have many options. Best thing they could do is try to resign Ray Allen for cheap and get some high energy bench players. They don't have enough money to go after a max contact guy like Chris Bosh or Dwayne Wade or anybody. They don't have many options. Danny is going to have to get very creative to fix this team. That 3 year deal they gave to Sheed last summer hurt them badly.

RipVW
05-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Its hard to believe that it was only two years ago that he was dominating Kobe Bryant in the NBA finals with a bum leg.

bagwell368
05-08-2010, 11:29 PM
I'm the longest term Celts fan in PSD, and I'd move any player for even a 1% improvement in who is next. I could care less about Pierce playing his career out in Boston. He's not even a top 7 all time Celt. Ray, Pierce, KG - out. It's time to rebuild. In two years we'll have two guys at most left - Rondo and Perkins.

Eagles4Lyfe
05-08-2010, 11:52 PM
the same hypocrites who are saying pierce has been the franchise for a long period of time and cant leave are the same idiots who say bosh is gone even though hes been the franchise for the raptors:S, some peoples hate never ceases to amaze you

FaM0us Skins
05-08-2010, 11:57 PM
Paul Pierce won't be traded

HookerFighter
05-09-2010, 02:28 AM
I'm the longest term Celts fan in PSD, and I'd move any player for even a 1% improvement in who is next. I could care less about Pierce playing his career out in Boston. He's not even a top 7 all time Celt. Ray, Pierce, KG - out. It's time to rebuild. In two years we'll have two guys at most left - Rondo and Perkins.

What does that mean?

HookerFighter
05-09-2010, 02:33 AM
k.

ko8e24
05-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Yes he had a nice dunk off of a great Rondo assist late in the 4th qtr. But in jeopardy of being down 3-1, dude fouled Shaq midway through the 3rd qtr to prevent a dunk, getting his 4th personal foul. Not a smart play at all.

And this is how he performed today in 31 minutes of playing time.

3-8 FG, 0-2 3pt, 3-3 FT, 9 pts

And hey, it may seem that I'm hating on the guy, but THE TRUTH is, he is not impacting his team and not giving any energy and effort offensively or defensively. The Celtics cannot win this series if Paul Pierce plays lazy, old, slow and low IQ like he has been for most of these playoffs.

Sportfan
05-09-2010, 07:15 PM
PP has been the most consistent scorer this year for the Celtics. If anyone from the Big 3 is most likely to stay in Boston for the rest of their career it's Pierce.

ko8e24
05-09-2010, 07:19 PM
PP has been the most consistent scorer this year for the Celtics. If anyone from the Big 3 is most likely to stay in Boston for the rest of their career it's Pierce.

This isn't 2008-2009, it's 2009-2010. Maybe 2008-2009, Pierce was the most consistent, but he's been old, slow, fat outta shape, and injured most of this season. Rajon Rondo was the most consistent player for the C's in the regular season offensively and defensively. He made his 1st all-star team, and led the league in steals per game. He was top 5 in the entire league in assists per game. And he's been Boston's best player in these playoffs so far.

evadatam5150
05-09-2010, 07:22 PM

Honestly, you're putting Pierce in the same class as Duncan and Kobe..?? :facepalm:

WOW.. Surprising...

evadatam5150
05-09-2010, 07:32 PM

Someone's a hating little twit.. So all Laker fans are band wagon fans..?? Jokes on you, Laker ownership is all about winning and has always been about winning so generally we may go through a few dry years (which many of us will hate but we'll still continue to support our team) and then find a way to bring more championships to LA.. You on the other hand will just have to continue being frustrated, season after season after season.. ;)

Yay you..

ko8e24
05-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Someone's a hating little twit.. So all Laker fans are band wagon fans..?? Jokes on you, Laker ownership is all about winning and has always been about winning so generally we may go through a few dry years (which many of us will hate but we'll still continue to support our team) and then find a way to bring more championships to LA.. You on the other hand will just have to continue being frustrated, season after season after season.. ;)

Yay you..

C'mon bro, don't hate on asandhu23, his team had a tough year man. But I told him that I'll become a Warriors fan as long as he lets me sit next to Jessical Alba at every Warriors home game. :D

evadatam5150
05-09-2010, 07:45 PM
C'mon bro, don't hate on asandhu23, his team had a tough year man. But I told him that I'll become a Warriors fan as long as he lets me sit next to Jessical Alba at every Warriors home game. :D

Yeah I know but to intimate that all Laker fans are BW fans is just insulting.. I've been a Laker fan for a very long time and have seen some pretty god awful seasons and you just grin and bare it.. We all have bad season's mang, doesn't mean we have to belittle others.. ;)

KB24PG16
05-09-2010, 07:49 PM
they wouldnt get equal value for him... they need to win though its not like kg or allen are any younger what they need to do is improve their bench eddie house was a big loss for them he was instant offense... in return they got nate he doesnt even play

smith&wesson
05-09-2010, 07:52 PM
paul pierce started his career as a celtic and will retire as a celtic.

if the celtics trade him that would be a huge slap in the face ... because all those years the celtics sucked pierce stuck it through didnt cry or complain when he could have easily demanded a trade instead of wasting his time on a team that sucked for most of his career. but he didnt. he stuck with the C's and now the C's are gonna have to stick by him and lift his jersey in the stands to be honoured.

unless they want the ewing curse that is currently hanging over new yorks head till this day.

ko8e24
05-09-2010, 08:02 PM
paul pierce started his career as a celtic and will retire as a celtic.

if the celtics trade him that would be a huge slap in the face ... because all those years the celtics sucked pierce stuck it through didnt cry or complain when he could have easily demanded a trade instead of wasting his time on a team that sucked for most of his career. but he didnt. he stuck with the C's and now the C's are gonna have to stick by him and lift his jersey in the stands to be honoured.

unless they want the ewing curse that is currently hanging over new yorks head till this day.

Yes, Pierce stuck through with the thick and thin. And in one season, Celtics ownership added Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Eddie House, Glen Davis, PJ Brown, Sam Cassell to go along with what they already had in Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo, Leon Powe, and Kendrick Perkins.

Yeah, they did their part to basically put him in position to win a title.

That's now all good and done.

But we're talking about RIGHT NOW AND THE FUTURE.

If anything, KG and Ray Ray along with C's best player Rajon Rondo are carrying the team while Paul Pierce is in a coma.

prash
05-09-2010, 08:10 PM
They gotta keep Pierce.

Trade Allen, KG, and Big Baby.

ko8e24
05-09-2010, 08:11 PM
They gotta keep Pierce.

Trade Allen, KG, and Big Baby.

You mean 3 players that are actually doing something on the basketball court as opposed to Pierce?

69centers
05-09-2010, 08:13 PM
There was talk in the local post game show that they thought he looked ill and it wasn't being disclosed. I'm sure he'll have a great game soon. This hasn't been the real Pierce.

prash
05-09-2010, 08:18 PM
You mean 3 players that are actually doing something on the basketball court as opposed to Pierce?

Wow. Are you seriously trying to judge Pierce`s entire career based on this one series??

The guy has 19,899 regular season points, another 1849 playoff points, the 2008 Finals MVP and you`re saying trade him.

magichatnumber9
05-09-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm not going to abandon Pierce because of one bad series. If we make it to the next round he will have way more of an impact on the series.

ko8e24
05-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Wow. Are you seriously trying to judge Pierce`s entire career based on this one series??

The guy has 19,899 regular season points, another 1849 playoff points, the 2008 Finals MVP and you`re saying trade him.

Who said anything about his career?

We're talking about RIGHT NOW. You don't let go of the last couple of yrs that Allen and KG have to offer, and even though they old, they are giving the effort offensively and defensively. And Rondo is now ascending. You don't want his early great yrs to go to waste either. Get rid of the old fat outta shape slow guy who isn't doing anything for the C's in these playoffs.

ko8e24
05-09-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm not going to abandon Pierce because of one bad series. If we make it to the next round he will have way more of an impact on the series.

Well, he better step up his fkn game! If he does, and he goes bezerk crazy in game 5 in Cleveland and Celtics go up 3-2, Celtics will then win the series in game 6 in Boston. But he has to have a fkn pulse to do that.

prash
05-09-2010, 08:29 PM
you sir, are an idiot. If you were guarding LBJ you`d have so-so numbers on the offensive end too.

Thank god people like you don't actually get to make these kind of decisions in reality. Keep talkin about why'd you'd trade him though.

ko8e24
05-09-2010, 08:31 PM
you sir, are an idiot. If you were guarding LBJ you`d have so-so numbers on the offensive end too.

Thank god people like you don't actually get to make these kind of decisions in reality. Keep talkin about why'd you'd trade him though.

By calling me an idiot, you just took yourself out of the conversation because you're here to argue and insult. Goodbye! Take you crap somewhere else little mikey!

magichatnumber9
05-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Well, he better step up his fkn game! If he does, and he goes bezerk crazy in game 5 in Cleveland and Celtics go up 3-2, Celtics will then win the series in game 6 in Boston. But he has to have a fkn pulse to do that.PP is almost impossible to read, I have watched every game in his career and I can't quite tell whats going on in his mug. I am sure he cares. But LBJ is a tough cover. Believe me I have nothing but respect for Lebron and it must be tough for Paul to keep his composure. I think he is playing cool so he doesn't show any one how frustrated he is.

ko8e24
05-09-2010, 08:39 PM
PP is almost impossible to read, I have watched every game in his career and I can't quite tell whats going on in his mug. I am sure he cares. But LBJ is a tough cover. Believe me I have nothing but respect for Lebron and it must be tough for Paul to keep his composure. I think he is playing cool so he doesn't show any one how frustrated he is.

Well, the thing that irked me about today's game is that when the 2nd half started, Ray Ray took the defensive assignment on LeBron to give Paul some energy conserved for the offensive end. But rather, he looked lazy, slow, old and uninterested in the game. He was very passive, and he (as you must admit as well) made a dumbass foul on Shaq for his 4th foul.

LA_Raiders
05-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Pierce is done, I would like to see Boston in the finals. But I dont think they will make it, pierce is a lazy clown

prash
05-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Seems like there are some objective fans of Pierce and the NBA who understand that his legs have a lot of mileage and he can't always turn his game onto the highest level on cue anymore. Pierce is an outstanding player. He's just getting old. That happens. Some day you kids will understand that.

The rest seem like bitter LAL fans who haven't gotten over #34 out dueling #24 in 2008 yet.

DitchDat
05-10-2010, 05:26 AM
Paul Pierce is up there with Kobe and Duncan: it'd just be weird to see him in another uniform. He will retire a Celtic.

redsox0717
05-10-2010, 06:52 AM
The hate for Pierce is getting old, still butthurt over 2008 or something? Oooh he has had a bad few games. learn what sample size is, then talk. He had a good series against Miami and a good regular season, and he's been in foul trouble this series. But his career must be over now because he's had a mediocre stretch of 4 games. Give me a break. Even when the Celtics win, idiotic Celtic haters need to create threads like these in order to feel better about themselves or something

kingkenny01
05-10-2010, 07:33 AM
pierce and rondo are the only player who don't need to be traded
KG, ray allen who is agent anyways should of been traded this season
nate should go for a draft pick

BOSTON617
05-10-2010, 08:13 AM
not happening

Super.
05-10-2010, 08:33 AM
We wont trade our Franchise player. No way. No how. 34 will be up on the rafters as a lifelong Celtic

rathauneak
05-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Watching him play, he should be traded, but it won't happen. Like someone said earlier, it'll happen when Kobe and Duncan are traded!

Ezekial
05-10-2010, 09:17 AM

I see where you're coming from but I also really see where he is coming from.

surf and turf
05-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Its kind of rediculous to even make this thread. This may be his last year in the NBA. But regardless, he is only two years removed from outshining Lebron and Kobe on the big stage. To credit Garnett with the ring is laughable. It sure wasnt KG that scored 41 points in a game 7 against Clevland which, if i remember right included a near buzzer beater to win it. And it wasnt Ray Allen that dominated the Lakers in the Finals that year. And it wasnt either of them that was asked to play the two best offensive players in basketball.

mikantsass
05-10-2010, 09:31 AM
While i do see where people are coming from because Pierce doesnt look right. And the combo of his age and salary are all concerns, but i dont think 1 bad series against arguably the best wing defender in the league warrants a trade.

nearyG
05-10-2010, 09:40 AM
i love how people comment on Paul Pierce being the "franchise" player in Boston...don't you morons remember what the state of the franchise was with Paul Pierce as the franchise player (before Rondo, Garnett and Allen)...you guys were terrible...the slow motion tandem of Pierce, Antoine Walker and a young and overweight Al Jefferson lol...thats the reason the celtics are a good team....was because of the "Team" style of play...all parts to create the finished product...now that the "big 3" are aging and injury prone...it would make sense to break it up after the season if they can't make it to the promise land one more time...but hey...there is some good news...Rondo can develop into a franchise-type player...if he can improve his outside shot...hes going to be something to build around...hes a stud...GET RID OF PIERCE AND ALLEN AND TRY TO SIGN ONE OF THE BIG STARS IN THE Off-SEASON...that would keep the franchise afloat

surf and turf
05-10-2010, 09:48 AM
I can fix Rondos shot for him. How much money do you think i can make if i made him a above average shooter ? Im not kidding , i can do it. Theres no excuse for his poor shooting. The only players that get a pass in that area are ones with huge hands.

BeantownBill
05-10-2010, 10:29 AM

I'm a Celtics fan and I didn't even consider the fact that he's a Lakers fan when I read this. He made some very good points, it's not like he's trashing the guy.

Someone else made the comment about Pierce playing lazy. I don't know about that, but he obviously is struggling with finding any kind of rhythm. I agree, when Pierce goes strong to the rim he's at his best. He just looks lost lately. Rondo playing as well as he has probably has something to do with that, but Pierce needs to step up his game and he knows what he needs to do. He just hasn't done it. Maybe I'm missing something, I don't know.

I do think the Celts would like him back, but his asking price will go a long way toward determining what decisions they make. They have some nice young pieces to build around if they decide to go that route.