PDA

View Full Version : Kobe outraged by Artest snub, dubs it "Total bull----, plain and simple".

fairandbalanced
05-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Lakers guard Kobe Bryant, who made the NBA's All-Defensive First Team believes that teammate Ron Artest got snubbed.

Artest received 11 points, three first-team votes and five second-team votes, just missing the All-Defensive Second Team by three to Oklahoma City's Thabo Sefolosha.

Bryant said he was "extremely" surprised when Artest's name wasn't announced, and there was "no question" he should have made the team.

"Total bull----, plain and simple," Bryant said.

Is Kobe's outrage justified?

I tend to agree with him, Artest is the best defender on the Lakers sqad.

bostncelts34
05-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Just because he's the best defender on the lakers squad, does not mean he is an ALL-NBA team defender. He is not the artest of old.

KnicksorBust
05-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Great move by Kobe.

SteveNash
05-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Certainly deserves it over Josh Smith and Gerald Wallace.

Avenged
05-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Well if he thinks Artest should've made the team, he has to consider he wouldn't have made it himself since Artest is actually the better defender. I'm sure he's not mad at the fact that he himself made it over Artest. But he does deserve it over others players selected IMO.

COBY KARL
05-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Just because he's the best defender on the lakers squad, does not mean he is an ALL-NBA team defender. He is not the artest of old.

so do you think thabo sefolosha is a better defender than ron artest?

Unruly Fan
05-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Just because he's the best defender on the lakers squad, does not mean he is an ALL-NBA team defender. He is not the artest of old.It does when Kobe makes 1st team.

Hawkeye15
05-07-2010, 04:27 PM
so? Kobe should volunteer his 1st team spot then, even though neither of them deserves it.

The Final Boss
05-07-2010, 04:30 PM
He plays defense the right way and doesn't take plays off. Howard and James rely on athleticism(which isn't their fault) but when that goes away they'll be back-ups on the bench.

Hawkeye15
05-07-2010, 04:32 PM
He plays defense the right way and doesn't take plays off. Howard and James rely on athleticism(which isn't their fault) but when that goes away they'll be back-ups on the bench.

well, LeBron actually has an offensive game unlike Artest, and Howard is huge. I think both of them age better quite honestly.

bostncelts34
05-07-2010, 04:35 PM
It does when Kobe makes 1st team.

Well, as all us NBA fans know superstars get pretty good treatment. He's Kobe Bryant.

In reply to the Thabo comment. I honestly dont see him play too often so i really dont know.

JordansBulls
05-07-2010, 04:40 PM
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/asksam_100507.html

Sam: Yes, and you canít fully blame the media for this one. The coaches vote defensive players first and second team and keep putting James on as they must only watch the highlights as well. James is nowhere near a top 10 defender in the league. Heís probably not even top two on his team. Those chase downs are fun, but not serious. Itís all for show as half of them seem like goal tends that are not called.

You saw when James tried to guard Rose he couldnít stay in front of him. Mostly he plays off the ball looking for steals and doesnít stay with his man and invites very little contact, which is one reason why he is called for so few fouls. I agree heís great, the best player in the game now, but hardly a top defensive player.

Lakersfan2483
05-07-2010, 04:45 PM

That is a perfect description of Lebron's defense.

SteveNash
05-07-2010, 04:45 PM
:facepalm:

Sam Smith

G-Funk
05-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Kobe can't give that spot to Artest even if he wanted to. Kobe plays guard, Artest plays forward.

ANd who ever thinks that Artest doesn't deserve it, is a ****ing moron. And should just quit watching B-Ball

tredigs
05-07-2010, 04:57 PM

Wow. A former Bulls player and Bulls blogger doesn't have good things to say about Lebron, and DOES have good things to say about D. Rose? Shocking! Don't you have some bleacher report articles to link, JB?

Artest not getting a spot on the 2nd team was a bit of a snub, and Kobe getting a spot on 1st team is a complete joke. He's probably feigning furiousness so that Artest doesn't start pointing fingers. It's a good strategy on his part.

The Final Boss
05-07-2010, 05:04 PM
well, LeBron actually has an offensive game unlike Artest, and Howard is huge. I think both of them age better quite honestly.

What part of both of their games doesn't rely on athleticism? lol

JordansBulls
05-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Wow. A former Bulls player and Bulls blogger doesn't have good things to say about Lebron, and DOES have good things to say about D. Rose? Shocking! Don't you have some bleacher report articles to link, JB?

Artest not getting a spot on the 2nd team was a bit of a snub, and Kobe getting a spot on 1st team is a complete joke. He's probably feigning furiousness so that Artest doesn't start pointing fingers. It's a good strategy on his part.

Sam actually likes Lebron. He is one of the most fair and unbiased guys you would see to tell the truth.

Hawkeye15
05-07-2010, 05:06 PM
What part of both of their games doesn't rely on athleticism? lol

its funny how their dominance comes only from athletic ability. Cmon dude, there have been countless ridiculous athletes that come and go in the NBA. To be a top 5 player, you know exactly what you are doing.

The Final Boss
05-07-2010, 05:10 PM
its funny how their dominance comes only from athletic ability. Cmon dude, there have been countless ridiculous athletes that come and go in the NBA. To be a top 5 player, you know exactly what you are doing.

Yes, and you can’t fully blame the media for this one. The coaches vote defensive players first and second team and keep putting James on as they must only watch the highlights as well. James is nowhere near a top 10 defender in the league. He’s probably not even top two on his team. Those chase downs are fun, but not serious. It’s all for show as half of them seem like goal tends that are not called. You saw when James tried to guard Rose he couldn’t stay in front of him. Mostly he plays off the ball looking for steals and doesn’t stay with his man and invites very little contact, which is one reason why he is called for so few fouls. I agree he’s great, the best player in the game now, but hardly a top defensive player. -Sam

The Final Boss
05-07-2010, 05:11 PM

Dude don't sidestep the question. Answer it.

SirCalvin81
05-07-2010, 05:14 PM
he got snubbed big deal.

blacknell
maybe he should stop dying his hair

Hawkeye15
Yes, and you canít fully blame the media for this one. The coaches vote defensive players first and second team and keep putting James on as they must only watch the highlights as well. James is nowhere near a top 10 defender in the league. Heís probably not even top two on his team. Those chase downs are fun, but not serious. Itís all for show as half of them seem like goal tends that are not called. You saw when James tried to guard Rose he couldnít stay in front of him. Mostly he plays off the ball looking for steals and doesnít stay with his man and invites very little contact, which is one reason why he is called for so few fouls. I agree heís great, the best player in the game now, but hardly a top defensive player. -Sam

before even defending anything or anyone, please let it be known that nearly all media awards are jokes. I am not talking about LeBron making it. I am saying Artest is not 1st team in my book either. Nor is Kobe. LeBron? Eh, he is fine. But I would personally research before I listed my 1st team, but why even bother? The media screws this up every year.

Hawkeye15
05-07-2010, 05:18 PM

what am I answering? That LeBron and Howard are only good defenders because they are great athletes? You can't even quantify that dude. The very fact that many of the best defenders out there are not super athletic totally negates any point you are trying to make. Is it so unbelievable that both Howard and James will learn new tricks, and how to use angles/body/anticipation/skills as they age? Just like Kobe has, or Jordan did, or any star does?
Not sure what point you are pressing here bro

Kakaroach
05-07-2010, 05:25 PM
He did get snubbed, should have made it instead of Kobe IMO.

BlondeBomber41
05-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Shawn Marion was a bigger snub than Artest was, so Kobe can quit his *****ing. Marion was the Mavs top defender all season and was always on the other teams best guy.

Heres a little quote regarding his snub.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4668959/marion-shut-out-in-all-defensive-voting

Marion held opposing small forwards to a league-low .392 shooting percentage this season. He was especially effective against the league's top scorers. Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant (.340), Cleveland's LeBron James (.417), the Lakers' Kobe Bryant (.385) and Denver's Carmelo Anthony (.172) all shot way below their norm when Marion was on the floor this season.

king4day
05-07-2010, 05:37 PM

2009-10 NBA Defensive Player of the Year order:

Dwight Howard
Josh Smith
Gerald Wallace
LeBron James
Rajon Rondo
Ron Artest
Andrew Bogut
Thabo Sefolosha
Anderson Varejao
Dwyane Wade
Marcus Camby
Kobe Bryant

I doubt hatred led to Artest finishing after both Smith and Wallace in the Defensive Player of the Year voting, so I don't have a problem with the results of the 'All Defensive' team.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-07-2010, 05:39 PM

I don't know about that. Both are pretty good defenders.

If we gonna take anyone off, it's gotta be Thabo. And I think Artest should be over Thabo.

king4day
05-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Shawn Marion was a bigger snub than Artest was, so Kobe can quit his *****ing. Marion was the Mavs top defender all season and was always on the other teams best guy.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4668959/marion-shut-out-in-all-defensive-voting

He never got love as a defender in Phoenix either. I think the whole "Phoenix plays no D" ws drilled into the heads of the coaches and they think he's a Sun in a Mavs uni.

Pretty insulting that no one recognized him.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Yes, and you canít fully blame the media for this one. The coaches vote defensive players first and second team and keep putting James on as they must only watch the highlights as well. James is nowhere near a top 10 defender in the league. Heís probably not even top two on his team. Those chase downs are fun, but not serious. Itís all for show as half of them seem like goal tends that are not called. You saw when James tried to guard Rose he couldnít stay in front of him. Mostly he plays off the ball looking for steals and doesnít stay with his man and invites very little contact, which is one reason why he is called for so few fouls. I agree heís great, the best player in the game now, but hardly a top defensive player. -Sam

Lol.

You posted the two in the span of 1 minutes. How in the hell was he sidestepping the question.

ManningToTyree
05-07-2010, 05:44 PM
I haven't seen enough of Thabo to say he didn't deseve to make it, but I have a hard time viewing him as a better defender than Artest. Josh Smith absolutly deserved to make it because is a game changer on the defensive end.

MickeyMgl
05-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Well if he thinks Artest should've made the team, he has to consider he wouldn't have made it himself since Artest is actually the better defender. I'm sure he's not mad at the fact that he himself made it over Artest. But he does deserve it over others players selected IMO.

Artest being a forward, and Bryant a guard, Artest's selection would have had no impact on Bryant.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-07-2010, 05:45 PM
I love how people are bringing "evidence" from bloggers/writers that cover their own team and are obviously biased to those players.

Toenail Clipper
05-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Artest does deserve it, tsk tsk tsk.

ChiSox219
05-07-2010, 05:50 PM
so do you think thabo sefolosha is a better defender than ron artest?

And Kobe

Avenged
05-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Artest being a forward, and Bryant a guard, Artest's selection would have had no impact on Bryant.

I'm not so sure. Duncan was selected as the center for the All Defensive team and a forward for the All NBA team. So it's possible it could have had happened.

ldc62
05-07-2010, 07:32 PM
I dunno but Thabo Sefolosha definitely deserves it.

E.O.21
05-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Clearly had a better defensive year than kobe

Duncan = Donkey
05-07-2010, 08:17 PM
God he is an idiot.

Just keep your mouth shut, no else in the league is having a cry about people not making an awards team.

Kobe you only made the team, cause your Name is Kobe Bryant, same goes for Lebron James.

Bruno
05-07-2010, 08:25 PM
Ron should have made the 2nd team at least.

slack_justin
05-07-2010, 08:35 PM
yeah? well so is the fact you get away with traveling and fouling every game of your career. shut up

JasonJohnHorn
05-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Artest is a great defender, no doubt, but we all know that "politics" (for lack of a better word) plays a huge part. Ever since the melee Artest doesn't get the kind of love from the press and coaches for his defence that he got before.

And I didnt see Kobe calling foul when Artest got snubbed for the All-Defensive team as a member of the Kings?

Bottom line is Kobe is only upset because it was one of his boys that got snubbed, if Artest was playing for the Rockets, Kobe wouldnt have said boo about it. I mean, its not like Kobe is crying that Shane Battier isn't on the team, and he is as deserving as anybody who got snubbed.

Bottom line, there are a lot of great defenders who got snubbed (even including other Lakers like Gasol). Al Horford is another example, but there are plenty of guys who deserve a spot.

Bottom line is, any one guy who gets on means another great player gets snubbed (like Bosh being off the All-NBA team).

Raps18-19 Champ
05-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Artest is a great defender, no doubt, but we all know that "politics" (for lack of a better word) plays a huge part. Ever since the melee Artest doesn't get the kind of love from the press and coaches for his defence that he got before.

And I didnt see Kobe calling foul when Artest got snubbed for the All-Defensive team as a member of the Kings?

Bottom line is Kobe is only upset because it was one of his boys that got snubbed, if Artest was playing for the Rockets, Kobe wouldnt have said boo about it. I mean, its not like Kobe is crying that Shane Battier isn't on the team, and he is as deserving as anybody who got snubbed.

Bottom line, there are a lot of great defenders who got snubbed (even including other Lakers like Gasol). Al Horford is another example, but there are plenty of guys who deserve a spot.

Bottom line is, any one guy who gets on means another great player gets snubbed (like Bosh being off the All-NBA team).

I was just about to say. Players complain too much just because their team mates didn't make it or talk trash to each other when they are on other teams and act like best friends when they are on the same team.

I bet Kobe didn't care when Artest was on another team but he's gonna complain that he didn't make 2nd?

And that goes for every player. You guys need to stop talking about your team mates when you barely cared about them when they were on other teams. Like, I bet Lebron didn't even know who Mo Williams was until he came to the Cavs and last year, he kept *****ing how he didn't make the ASG till the 2nd replacement. And Kobe and Artest were really going at it last year and know they are best friends.

KBfrom8to24
05-07-2010, 09:12 PM

What's wrong with what they have said? They're just expressing their honest opinions. How on earth could a chased-down blocker named to NBA all-defensive team? Let me ask you this... Which is legit to make the NBA all-defensaive team? The best defender among the SG's who plays lock-down defense when the need arises, or a SF whose defense relies only on chase-down blocks?

junion
05-07-2010, 09:17 PM

maybe thats why your stupid mavs are fishing right now.

junion
05-07-2010, 09:19 PM
all you idiots don't see that kobe's backing up his teammate, and that's it. he's kinda pumping up his men so they can take it out on the opponent. fools.

KBfrom8to24
05-07-2010, 09:23 PM
God he is an idiot.

Just keep your mouth shut, no else in the league is having a cry about people not making an awards team.

Kobe you only made the team, cause your Name is Kobe Bryant, same goes for Lebron James.

I agree. Because they are nowhere near the caliber of a defender in the person of Nash & Stoudemire, who makes NBA all-pathetic-defensive team every year.:clap::clap::clap:

JiffyMix88
05-07-2010, 09:27 PM
i didnt see him complain or say him being on there is ********................

Reyes6
05-07-2010, 09:29 PM
His lateral movement has been greatly reduced and to be fair, it seems a lot of his "great" defense is usually a foul if he played on any other team not in the top 5 in the NBA. I think he still is a great defender and if they played with the 90's rules he'd be DPOY or a top 3 candidate. Same with Rondo, he uses double hand checks which I thought was taken out in the early 2000's.

But Shane Battier was also snubbed and he had to play great defense to keep the Rockets close in the West.

I'm not a big fan of Varejao as a top defender, his flopping body and "hustle" defense which is usually all fouls as well. But I do agree Artest and Battier should be definitely on AT LEAST the All-NBA 2nd Defensive team.

My All-NBA 1st Defensive team:
C: Howard
PF: Artest
SF: Marion
SG: Battier
PG: Wade

I know some may be a bit out of position, but these guys deserve credit for playing the best defense. Wade is the most questionable, but I think he can get gritty... if not him put Kidd in his place.

Miltown34
05-07-2010, 09:29 PM
yea it's plain outrage that Kobe is on that team, when there are better defenders who don't get notoriety

Stay_Swim
05-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Clearly had a better defensive year than kobe

Lebrick is garbage. And don't even get me started about his horrendous defense. Wow he's 6'9" and he can slap a ball off a backboard...

Raps18-19 Champ
05-07-2010, 09:34 PM
i didnt see him complain or say him being on there is ********................

You really think Bulls with get BOTH Boozer AND Johnson?

I would bet my life that neither one go there.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-07-2010, 09:38 PM
What's wrong with what they have said? They're just expressing their honest opinions. How on earth could a chased-down blocker named to NBA all-defensive team? Let me ask you this... Which is legit to make the NBA all-defensaive team? The best defender among the SG's who plays lock-down defense when the need arises, or a SF whose defense relies only on chase-down blocks?

The thing is that Kobe wasn't the "lock down" defender that he was this year.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Lebrick is garbage. And don't even get me started about his horrendous defense. Wow he's 6'9" and he can slap a ball off a backboard...

Lol.

I guess you didn't watch how "Sports Science" explained it. Because if you watched it, it is pretty impressive. Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsjv1NG6EdU

That is pretty impressive if he does that a lot. I'm not saying that what he does is deserving of a 1st defensive team but you can't just pass off his blocks as "slapping a ball off a backboard".

Duncan = Donkey
05-07-2010, 09:43 PM
I agree. Because they are nowhere near the caliber of a defender in the person of Nash & Stoudemire, who makes NBA all-pathetic-defensive team every year.:clap::clap::clap:

WTF??

Where did i mention Nash or Amare, you dumb ****.

Kobe made this years team based on reputation, So did Lebron.

NBA all star pathetic team

how old are you 12?? i didnt even mention amare or nash, they are irrelevant to this thread.

Nash 2 MVP
Kobe 1 MVP and a rapist

SeoulBeatz
05-07-2010, 09:45 PM

well he's still good enough to shut down one of the top 3 scorers in the league...

Raps18-19 Champ
05-07-2010, 09:49 PM
WTF??

how old are you 12?? i didnt even mention amare or nash, they are irrelevant to this thread.

Nash 2 MVP
Kobe 1 MVP and a rapist

That part actually made me laugh.

But that guy is a dumbass for bringing up Nash and Amare for no apparent reason.

JiffyMix88
05-07-2010, 09:49 PM
You really think Bulls with get BOTH Boozer AND Johnson?

I would bet my life that neither one go there.

yes i do and y wouldnt they?

Raps18-19 Champ
05-07-2010, 09:52 PM
yes i do and y wouldnt they?

Because Joe Johnson is more than likely staying in Atlanta. You can make a case for Boozer because Utah might not want him back but to get both is beyond ridiculous. You really think either one would take a back seat to Rose. Both of them think they deserve a max and should be the #1 guy on their team.

JiffyMix88
05-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Because Joe Johnson is more than likely staying in Atlanta. You can make a case for Boozer because Utah might not want him back but to get both is beyond ridiculous. You really think either one would take a back seat to Rose. Both of them think they deserve a max and should be the #1 guy on their team.

every free agent could stay and get a longer contract and get a max do you think they will?
I think we will get them both because we r the bigger city with some good pieces in place just my opinion though.....

NPH
05-07-2010, 09:57 PM
what am I answering? That LeBron and Howard are only good defenders because they are great athletes? You can't even quantify that dude. The very fact that many of the best defenders out there are not super athletic totally negates any point you are trying to make. Is it so unbelievable that both Howard and James will learn new tricks, and how to use angles/body/anticipation/skills as they age? Just like Kobe has, or Jordan did, or any star does?
Not sure what point you are pressing here bro

My pockets are empty

Raps18-19 Champ
05-07-2010, 10:00 PM
every free agent could stay and get a longer contract and get a max do you think they will?
I think we will get them both because we r the bigger city with some good pieces in place just my opinion though.....

I know what you saying with the good pieces and great city but these guys are in their prime and wouldn't want to take a back seat to a guy who's only been in 3 years in the league and is probably not even better than either one of them. Joe Johnson's got a good situation in Atlanta(which is a good city in it's own right) and Boozer has been on a championship contending team for the last couple of years in Utah.

JiffyMix88
05-07-2010, 10:08 PM
I know what you saying with the good pieces and great city but these guys are in their prime and wouldn't want to take a back seat to a guy who's only been in 3 years in the league and is probably not even better than either one of them. Joe Johnson's got a good situation in Atlanta(which is a good city in it's own right) and Boozer has been on a championship contending team for the last couple of years in Utah.

boozer has never been the main guy on any of his teams and joe johnson i think will leave because we have a better situation in chicago and i know hes getting tired of getting to the second round just to lose. and if both come to chicago it is definitely the best team either would have ever played on together. but me and you are :offtopic:

LEBRON_KING_23
05-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Kobe should just stop crying and play

KBfrom8to24
05-07-2010, 10:12 PM
That part actually made me laugh.

But that guy is a dumbass for bringing up Nash and Amare for no apparent reason.

You are the dumbass! I mentioned Nash & Amare because he is a Sun's fan. And he is questioning the the legitimacy of inclusion of Kobe in all-defensive team. If he thought that Kobe didn't deserve it. Well, I just said something bad about Nash & Amare, just like what he said something bad about Kobe. Is it irrelevant?

DCB/LAL
05-07-2010, 10:13 PM

Your back? wow I hadn't seen you since the Cavs lost in Boston.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-07-2010, 10:17 PM
You are the dumbass! I mentioned Nash & Amare because he is a Sun's fan. And he is questioning the the legitimacy of inclusion of Kobe in all-defensive team. If he thought that Kobe didn't deserve it. Well, I just said something bad about Nash & Amare, just like what he said something bad about Kobe. Is it irrelevant?

Lol. I swear you really are 12. So **** he's a Suns fan

Why the hell would you bring up 2 players who don't even belong in the conversation. It's not like he said "Nash and Amare are better defenders than Kobe". He clearly knows that they aren't good defenders.

He said something "bad" about Kobe because Kobe is actually in the topic of conversation. People in this thread are talking about Artest and the 10 players in the all defensive team. Nowhere did anyone mention Nash or Amare or it was necessary to bring them up. Only dumbasses like you would try to diss another player not even in the conversation because they got their feelings hurt over someone's opinion.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Your back? wow I hadn't seen you since the Cavs lost in Boston.

The Cavs just won so he came back.

But seriously, that guy should get a life. He claims Lebron will be the greatest in the NBA until retires. He clearly doesn't get that players decrease over time and don't play the same as in their prime. Only way Lebron is the greatest player until he retires is if he retires in his prime. Because there is no way Lebron is leading the league at 34-40.

KBfrom8to24
05-07-2010, 10:33 PM
WTF??

Nash 2 MVP
Kobe 1 MVP and a rapist

Why are you upset? You did say Kobe and Lebron made the team because of their popular names or let's call it superstar status. The thread is about Kobe's anger of Artest not included in the all-defensive team. You have the balls to say something bad against them. And when i brought-up Nash & Amare to the disscussion, you said that it is irrelevant. I'm a huge Kobe fan and I just want to defend him. You're a Phoenix fan, and you will do the same thing if someone is saying something bad against your favorite player.
BTW, what is the relevance of Nash having 2 MVPs, and Kobe 1 MVP and a rapist to the disscussion?

JiffyMix88
05-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Why are you upset? You did say Kobe and Lebron made the team because of their popular names or let's call it superstar status. The thread is about Kobe's anger of Artest not included in the all-defensive team. You have the balls to say something bad against them. And when i brought-up Nash & Amare to the disscussion, you said that it is irrelevant. I'm a huge Kobe fan and I just want to defend him. You're a Phoenix fan, and you will do the same thing if someone is saying something bad against your favorite player.
BTW, what is the relevance of Nash having 2 MVPs, and Kobe 1 MVP and a rapist to the disscussion?

kobe shouldnt of won it over wade

ko8e24
05-07-2010, 10:42 PM

I think Kobe wouldn't mind that at all if it was at his own expense if Artest made it. To be honest, I think ever since the shower incident after Game 6 of the 08 Finals, Kobe has a deep man crush for Artest. LMAO!

KBfrom8to24
05-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Lol. I swear you really are 12. So **** he's a Suns fan

Why the hell would you bring up 2 players who don't even belong in the conversation. It's not like he said "Nash and Amare are better defenders than Kobe". He clearly knows that they aren't good defenders.

He said something "bad" about Kobe because Kobe is actually in the topic of conversation. People in this thread are talking about Artest and the 10 players in the all defensive team. Nowhere did anyone mention Nash or Amare or it was necessary to bring them up. Only dumbasses like you would try to diss another player not even in the conversation because they got their feelings hurt over someone's opinion.

Well, all I could do is to accept that you are narrow-minded person for thinking that way. Because I'm 12 as what you think, I could say a million times, you're idiot!!!

ko8e24
05-07-2010, 10:48 PM

Says LeBron James

Raps18-19 Champ
05-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Well, all I could do is to accept that you are narrow-minded person for thinking that way. Because I'm 12 as what you think, I could say a million times, you're idiot!!!

Lol. Your words were to complicated for me to understand anything.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-07-2010, 11:06 PM

Raps18-19 Champ
05-07-2010, 11:11 PM

Lol. Are you seriously ****ing around?

You bring up something that isn't relevant to the thread and when someone else follows up on your comment, you actually have the nerve to ask him why he's bringing up irrelevant points to the thread?

Get a life. You brought up Nash and Amare for NO REASON and started taking cheap shots at them when the thread is about Artest and people involved in the All defensive team. Then when someone else takes a cheap shot at your homeboy, you get upset. Come on bro. Talking **** about a player is wrong enough but at least when he took a cheap shot, the player was actually being discussed in this thread to begin with but your cheap shsot was completely out of thin air.

Toenail Clipper
05-07-2010, 11:12 PM

You're pathetic, what are you? 10?

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 12:02 AM
You're pathetic, what are you? 10?

11. He just celebrated his birthday yesterday.

JK :D

;)

No but really, he has to stop with his childish comments.

ldc62
05-08-2010, 04:05 AM
Could Artest have been on it? Sure... but Artest probably doesn't give a ****.

tredigs
05-08-2010, 04:09 AM
11. He just celebrated his birthday yesterday.

JK :D

;)

No but really, he has to stop with his childish comments.

Agreed, the Lebron_23 kid is a complete idiot. But Ko8e, you're not far behind him. Step your game up youngin', you're a perennial mess. No offense? Yes, offense.

cambovenzi
05-08-2010, 04:36 AM
Artest is a great defender.
He definitely deserved to be on one of those teams.

WTF??

Nash 2 MVP
Kobe 1 MVP and a gets women to sleep with him
even more proof these awards are flawed jokes.

i saw a few people have this opinion.

Dude says one sentence when asked about it and he needs to stop crying?:rolleyes:
Hes one of the best players ever. he can talk if he wants to.

mgd24oz
05-08-2010, 04:47 AM
LeBron_23

If im recalling correctly the only crying i've heard this week has been about some guy and his elbow...Kobe is standing up for a teammate...one who carried this team defensively in a number of games this year.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-08-2010, 01:43 PM

You need to STFU.

I bet if Varejao didn't make the team and Lebron complained, you would be on Lebron's dick till no tomorrow.

td0tsfinest
05-08-2010, 01:45 PM
I agree with Kobe. Ron should've been on the first team, he should've taken Kobe's spot, even though he's not a guard.

Teeboy1487
05-08-2010, 02:09 PM
I still say Wade, Artest, and Battier deserved First team defensive honors over Lebron and Kobe. I don't put much stock in these awards anymore. It's a popularity contest. Lebron gets defensive first team for running down a few blocks every now and then. I am even more amazed Kobe made the first team considering he almost never guard the best offensive threat anymore. I agree with kobe here. Maybe he should give up his spot.

LEBRON_KING_23
05-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Over Lebron?!HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LEBRON_KING_23
05-08-2010, 02:46 PM
repeat that to yourself, artest battier over LEBRON. hahahaha
id like to see them block like lebron does

Raps18-19 Champ
05-08-2010, 02:51 PM

Lol.

Let's see Lebron play straight up man to man defense like Artest and Battier.

You really need to get a life bro. You've been making stupid comments and been on Lebron's nuts.

mgd24oz
05-08-2010, 02:57 PM
chase down blocks every so often make u a first team defender....i thought it was playing solid defense on every play... lebron does not play better man on man defense than ron artest....thats just crazy

LALakersKC
05-08-2010, 03:01 PM

Those players ALL are better defenders than LeBron. Sure, it's nice to watch LeBron do his lil' trademark chase down block. It's a great hustle play, not great defense. Chase down blocks doesn't mean your a great defender. LeBron is an average defender who relies HEAVILY on his athleticism.

ldc62
05-08-2010, 03:53 PM

This is sad... the quality of knowledgeable posters on PSD has decreased. Or maybe this guy has never heard of man to man D. But its probably because hes on Lebrick's d**k

Hawkeye15
05-08-2010, 04:24 PM
wasn't this a thread about Artest not making it, and Kobe whining about it? How did it turn into a LeBron hate thread. Oh, thats right, this is PSD

Raps18-19 Champ
05-08-2010, 04:26 PM
wasn't this a thread about Artest not making it, and Kobe whining about it? How did it turn into a LeBron hate thread. Oh, thats right, this is PSD

The fact that that Lebron King 23 guy is baiting with Lebron in every post doesn't help.

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Agreed, the Lebron_23 kid is a complete idiot. But Ko8e, you're not far behind him. Step your game up youngin', you're a perennial mess. No offense? Yes, offense.

Yikes. I don't want that impression of me here on PSD. Most of the time, I like joking around with people. I try to bring levity to some tense situations here on PSD. But no, I get what you saying, and I respect your criticism of me.

DCB/LAL
05-08-2010, 04:45 PM

Man you are brain washed by ESPN if you think DEFENSE is only about Blocks. :facepalm:

Now I know blocks make highlights and top 10 plays child but DEFENSE is much more than just blocking shots. :laugh: :laugh2:

natelpete
05-08-2010, 04:45 PM

agreed

natelpete
05-08-2010, 04:48 PM

you make yourself look bad/make more people hate lebron

child please

Hawkeye15
05-08-2010, 05:38 PM
The fact that that Lebron King 23 guy is baiting with Lebron in every post doesn't help.

ignore posters who make no sense. I do it all the time

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 06:02 PM
ignore posters who make no sense. I do it all the time

Exactly Raps09-10champs, don't you see me doing the same thing to Hawkeye.

:laugh2:

You know I'm kidding bro. ;) You one of the best posters here.

But yeah, its really hard to ignore that LeBronKing23 kid.