PDA

View Full Version : Are the Orlando Magic really the team to beat?

Pages : [1] 2

FloridaBoi_D
05-07-2010, 12:38 PM
It wasn't enough because Jameer Nelson (20 points) is playing as good as any point guard in the playoffs..

It wasn't enough because Rashard Lewis, (20 points) continually delivers 3-point daggers that suck the very life out of opponents.

That's right, four Magic players scored in the 20s Thursday night.

The Magic have too many weapons for the Hawks.

The Magic have too many weapons for the league.

"It takes a near-perfect game to beat that team," Hawks coach Mike Woodson said.

As you might expect, Magic coach Stan Van Gundy downplayed his team's dominance when asked about it Thursday.

"We're playing OK," Van Gundy said.

This is the type of no-nonsense, never-satisfied attitude that pervades this entire team. Even Carter -- the new kid in town.

"We're a team on a mission," Carter says. "We're trying to accomplish a goal, and every night we step on the floor we're looking to reach that goal."

read the rest

http://http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-bianchi-magic-hawks-game-2-20100506,0,5196840.column?page=2&track=rss

FloridaBoi_D
05-07-2010, 12:43 PM
I believe the Cavs arent as good as their record say and with the 2nd best record in the nba and HCA over the Lakers, The magic have to be the team to beat now

Hawkeye15
05-07-2010, 12:53 PM
it sure seems that way. The Magic are playing the best basketball of any team so far in the playoffs.

prodigy
05-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Well The Hawks are not Cleveland or Boston. But the magic are playing great basketball right now.

I'm not sure how much I trust Carter in the playoffs. Lewis Jacks up three's all game. Live by the three you die by the three.

D. Howard is the most inconsistent star in the NBA by far. One game he can go 20-20, next game 7-8. He also comments the most stupid fouls I have ever seen.

Nelson has been a beast. He will be the key to their success.

Sadds The Gr8
05-07-2010, 12:58 PM
If they face L.A., I don't think Orlando havin HCA would matter much to the Lakers. They play good on the road or at home. Doesn't matter to them cuz they're a veteran team. I still think the Lakers would beat them in a series.

*Silver&Black*
05-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Well The Hawks are not Cleveland or Boston.

Hawks>Celtics. 4-0.

JayW_1023
05-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Right now, BY FAR.

- They have lots of scorers who share the ball.
- They play defense.
- Their bench is deep as hell
- Even when their best player struggles, their other guys have been stepping up
- Jameer Nelson is the most clutch PG in the league...he always hits big shots that really demoralize the opponent.

Evolution23
05-07-2010, 01:16 PM
The Magic are playing like they are the team to beat in the east... Theres no denying how dominant they have been. Like I've said before I wana see how they matchup with the Cavs, Lakers, Magic.

JayW_1023
05-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Dwight Howard will once again be the roadblock in LeBrons path.

smith&wesson
05-07-2010, 01:23 PM
carter is playing like he really wants that ring.
howard has been alot better
nelson is playing beastly like
reshard lewis needs to come out of his shell and be more of a factor.

orlando has a very good chance.

prodigy
05-07-2010, 01:26 PM
I got a Question for everyone. Don't the magic remind you of Cleveland last season?

Hear me out. Cleveland went 8-0 in first 2 rounds including beating the Hawks in 4. Then of course Cleveland lost in the East finals. I just think when Orlando faces teams that don't need to Double Howard cavs, Celtics, laker's they will have problems.

magicdouglas
05-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Well The Hawks are not Cleveland or Boston. But the magic are playing great basketball right now.

I'm not sure how much I trust Carter in the playoffs. Lewis Jacks up three's all game. Live by the three you die by the three.

D. Howard is the most inconsistent star in the NBA by far. One game he can go 20-20, next game 7-8. He also comments the most stupid fouls I have ever seen.

Nelson has been a beast. He will be the key to their success.

You mean Lewis nails three's all game

m26555
05-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Hawks>Celtics. 4-0.
Dumb logic.

The Bobcats beat the Cavaliers 3-0 during the season. Does that mean the Bobcats are better than the Cavs?

The Hawks just match up well with the Celtics. That doesn't mean they're a better team, because they aren't even close to Boston's level.

magicdouglas
05-07-2010, 01:33 PM
I got a Question for everyone. Don't the magic remind you of Cleveland last season?

Hear me out. Cleveland went 8-0 in first 2 rounds including beating the Hawks in 4. Then of course Cleveland lost in the East finals. I just think when Orlando faces teams that don't need to Double Howard cavs, Celtics, laker's they will have problems.

Haven't had problems yet. I think Orlando is playing their best ball this season, nobody's injured, then bench is WAY deep, SVG is a coaching genius and our team is having fun. It's not theirs to lose that distinction belongs to Cleveland so we have no pressure. Bring on Shaq, Lebron whatever you got we got the answer

CAVS21
05-07-2010, 01:38 PM

I agree with that, I also agree they are by far playing the best of any team left in the playoffs. That being said they have to play Cleveland or Boston in the next round....if they get to the Finals again much to my unliking then they will have deserved it.

hugepatsfan
05-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Stan Van Gundy, D-Howard, and Vinsanity are 3 guys that I wouldn't trust.

Wcuracer29
05-07-2010, 01:40 PM

There is validity to this post ^. I think the Cavs got a little overconfident going into the ECF last year- (best record and then blowing by the first two rounds' opponents) only to be hammered by Orlando.

Yes- Orlando is dominating their opponents thus far and the Bobcats and Hawks are not the Celts or Cavs- but Orlando has played well against both Cleveland and Boston all year. Yes they did lose games to both teams- but it's vice versa as well. All games the Magic lost to Cleveland and Boston were lost by 9 points- and the wins were by much either. So it should be an interesting matchup either way.

Boston is playing with a lot of confidence against Cleveland and whoever comes out on top may be a little worn down- we'll see. However confident the Cavs/Celts may be, the Magic are indeed as confident as anyone in the league- they are playing like they don't care who's their opponent. They have a swagger about them that says "I dare you to beat me" and so far, nobody has stepped up for 12 or 13 games in a row dating back to the regular season.

prodigy
05-07-2010, 01:43 PM
You mean Lewis nails three's all game

If 16-40 last season in the Finals is nailin three's then yes he did. lol.

ldc62
05-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Technically the reigning champs are the team to beat...

Rivera
05-07-2010, 01:47 PM
as a magic fan we are not the team to beat

the team to beat won the championship last year and is a #1 seed in the west his year and thats the LA Lakers

if u started this thread by saying are the orlando magic really the team to beat in the EAST

i would say yes

CTown81
05-07-2010, 02:12 PM

I was actually going to post the same thing.

Orlando is reminding me a ton of the Cavs last year. We thought we would walk into the finals after the 1st 2 rounds of the playoffs. I think Orlando is in for a shock no matter who they play in the ECF.

CTown81
05-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Haven't had problems yet. I think Orlando is playing their best ball this season, nobody's injured, then bench is WAY deep, SVG is a coaching genius and our team is having fun. It's not theirs to lose that distinction belongs to Cleveland so we have no pressure. Bring on Shaq, Lebron whatever you got we got the answer

For your sake I hope your actual team takes either the Cavs or the Celtics much more serious than this. Congrats on beating the Bobcats and Hawks...

Can you say Pistons and Hawks for Cavs last year...

As a Magic fan I would be nervous about this parallel.

Toenail Clipper
05-07-2010, 02:18 PM
For some reason, if Lakers face Magic again in the Finals, Lakers are still gonna win, even WITH Jameer Nelson healthy.

JordansBulls
05-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Dwight Howard will once again be the roadblock in LeBrons path.

Or Paul Pierce will be.

Kleonidas
05-07-2010, 02:25 PM
As a Magic fan I would be nervous about this parallel...
As a Cavs fan I would be nervous about the Celtics.

td0tsfinest
05-07-2010, 02:28 PM
The Magic have been on beast mode in the post-season. Despite, Dwight's foul trouble the Magic are still kicking ***. Right now, out of all the teams, the Magic have been the strongest. They haven't lost a game yet, while both the Cavs and Lakers suffered a blowout.

Lakerfan In NY
05-07-2010, 02:34 PM
I don't think they are the team to beat. To this point they've had very favorable matchup, more than any team in the NBA. But it's hard to say that any 1 team is the "team to beat" when there is a legit shot for 4 teams to win it all.

RadiantShot
05-07-2010, 02:53 PM
No, definitely not. We are NOT the team to beat. Believe what you want. "We'll see come June." ;)

magicdouglas
05-07-2010, 02:54 PM
For your sake I hope your actual team takes either the Cavs or the Celtics much more serious than this. Congrats on beating the Bobcats and Hawks...

Why so many references to last year? That was LAST year. The right here and the right NOW matters. Right now the Magic are smokin hot. Right now Orlando is playing their best team ball of the year. Right now the Magic are peaking at the perfect time.

Last year we sent Boston and then the crying lebron home. just sayn

RadiantShot
05-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Why so many references to last year? That was LAST year. The right here and the right NOW matters. Right now the Magic are smokin hot. Right now Orlando is playing their best team ball of the year. Right now the Magic are peaking at the perfect time.

Don't bother. Let our team's play speak for itself. Just let it go.

prodigy
05-07-2010, 02:56 PM

Why so many references to last year? That was LAST year. The right here and the right NOW matters.

CTown81
05-07-2010, 03:01 PM

I figured you would want to remember last year...

This year you have sent the mighty Bobcats packing and look like you will send the Hawks home. We all know how much of a threat the Hawks are...

The Hawks made the Bucks look like they were smoking hot, playing great team basketball, and peaking.....

LOL :D

save the knicks
05-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Magic v Suns is NBA finals!

magicdouglas
05-07-2010, 03:06 PM
as SVG says "If you don't think we're good thats fine."

Avenged
05-07-2010, 03:08 PM
^^ Your good, but are you the team to beat?

The Magic have been playing an easier schedule than the rest of the teams in the postseason. At least matchup wise. Clearly they're the team to beat since they're undefeated and playing the best ball right now, but you also have to take into account your opponent and who everyone else is playing against.

Raph12
05-07-2010, 03:08 PM
LA's the team to beat until they're dethroned, but Orlando is the scariest and most impressive team in the playoffs so far... With that being said, Orlando is the team to beat in the East without a doubt.

Raph12
05-07-2010, 03:10 PM
^^ Your good, but are you the team to beat?

The Magic have been playing an easier schedule than the rest of the teams in the postseason. At least matchup wise. Clearly they're the team to beat since they're undefeated and playing the best ball right now, but you also have to take into account your opponent and who everyone else is playing against.

If Cleveland played Charlotte, Boston played Atlanta and Orlando played Chicago, you'd be singing a different tune... The scariest thing about the Magic is, that they matchup well with anyone and can play at any pace to win the game.

RadiantShot
05-07-2010, 03:13 PM
^
I have to agree with Raph there. We would've swept Chicago, and Charlotte would've given Cleveland a tougher time.

macc
05-07-2010, 03:14 PM
The Magic are playing like they are the team to beat in the east... Theres no denying how dominant they have been. Like I've said before I wana see how they matchup with the Cavs, Lakers, Magic.

You want to see how the Magic, matchup against........the Magic!?!? Whoa, this convo is getting to deep for me gents.

Avenged
05-07-2010, 03:15 PM
If Cleveland played Charlotte, Boston played Atlanta and Orlando played Chicago, you'd be singing a different tune... The scariest thing about the Magic is, that they matchup well with anyone and can play at any pace to win the game.

The thing is, you haven't played any of those teams so that really doesn't matter. I'm not saying they don't matchup well with the elite teams, but it's almost a guarantee you wouldn't be undefeated if the Magic were in the West. You can argue they're the team to beat in the East, but I think it's too early right now to tell if they're the team to beat throughout.

RadiantShot
05-07-2010, 03:16 PM
The thing is, you haven't played any of those teams so that really doesn't matter. I'm not saying they don't matchup well with the elite teams, but it's almost a guarantee you wouldn't be undefeated if the Magic were in the West. You can argue they're the team to beat in the East, but I think it's too early right now to tell if they're the team to beat throughout.

;)
We'll see come June.

CTown81
05-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Also I have never said the Magic are not a good team or would be easy for the Cavs or Celtics to beat.

I just think their performance over the first six games of the playoffs needs to put in perspective a bit.

The teams they beat were cupcakes. They are doing what they should be doing. I dont think that makes them favorites to win the NBA Title though which is what this thread is asking.

macc
05-07-2010, 03:18 PM

Be nervous about what? If we win we win, if we lose we lose. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it either way. I will tell you this. I like our chances. :cool:

RadiantShot
05-07-2010, 03:19 PM
If you think Charlotte, one of the best defensive teams in the league, under an amazing coaching staff with Larry Brown, and owner in Michael Jordan, is a "Cupcake" then you need some help. Especially since we swept them, it's got to show something.

RadiantShot
05-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Be nervous about what? If we win we win, if we lose we lose. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it either way. I will tell you this. I like our chances. :cool:

x2
Back to the Magic forum we go.

macc
05-07-2010, 03:20 PM
For some reason, if Lakers face Magic again in the Finals, Lakers are still gonna win, even WITH Jameer Nelson healthy.

These are my favorite posts. The guy who makes a bold prediction without actually putting any "reasoning" behind it. It's just a prediction. Makes me take you alot more seriously. :clap:

Kleonidas
05-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Cupcakes! What was the Bobs record vs the Cavs this year? The Bulls who have two players took a game from you and almost got another.Keep sippin the kool-aid bro...

Costra_Nostra
05-07-2010, 03:26 PM
I think the Lakers are still the team to beat, but Orlando is right up with them. They look the most impressive so far. I'm already booking a rematch, these two are just too strong defensively.

Avenged
05-07-2010, 03:26 PM
If you think Charlotte, one of the best defensive teams in the league, under an amazing coaching staff with Larry Brown, and owner in Michael Jordan, is a "Cupcake" then you need some help. Especially since we swept them, it's got to show something.

Yes because since Jordan owns the Bobcats, that makes them just as great. Jordan has been criticize since he started owning the Bobcats with his lack of being a great owner until this season when they turned it around. If you think your the team to beat because you beat Charlotte, you need some help.

RadiantShot
05-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Yes because since Jordan owns the Bobcats, that makes them just as great. Jordan has been criticize since he started owning the Bobcats with his lack of being a great owner until this season when they turned it around. If you think your the team to beat because you beat Charlotte, you need some help.

When did I ever say that we're the team to beat because we beat Charlotte? I said Charlotte aren't 'Cupcakes.' That's different. Stop getting all defensive because we're actually trying to defend our team. While your team almost went to a game 7 with the Thunder, we made a clean sweep through the Bobcats, who may I add, have way better defense, AND experience.

prodigy
05-07-2010, 03:32 PM
1. Bobcats matched up great with Cleveland thats why they were able to play well against us.

2. Why do all the magic fans have the same Sig? thats creepy.

3. the bulls had a better record then bobcats most of the season. But injuries to noah and Rose saw them drop a few spots.

RadiantShot
05-07-2010, 03:34 PM
1. Bobcats matched up great with Cleveland thats why they were able to play well against us.

3. the bulls had a better record then bobcats most of the season. But injuries to noah and Rose saw them drop a few spots.

1. Big deal, they have Lebron. Deal.
2. Jealousy is a sin.
3. Who cares? Charlotte was terrible the first half of the season, and turned it around, to be considered, one of the best team in the league in the second half.

macc
05-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Just to get one thing straight, why is Orlando's competition not getting any respect? Peolpe are saying we have had the easiest schedule out of anyone.

We're not playing a heavily injured Bucks team missing their top two players
we're not playing a Utah team with two starters injured
we're not playing a Portland team missing how many players as well as a Roy who was a shell of himself.
We're not playing a Bulls team who was missing the majority of their players to injury.

I'm just saying the teams we are playing are healthy teams. Charlotte was #2 in defense this year with wins over every top team in the league. Atlanta has a ton of talent on their team with the 6th man of the year.

Its easy as a person sitting in front of a computer saying this competition is "cakewalk" but take an opinion from somone who is actually "on the court" playing night in and night out and they will tell you quite the contrary.

Just because we're dominating doesn't mean our competition is weak, it might just mean....I don't know...maybe our team is pretty good....just a thought.

I would put my team over anyone in a 7 game series right now, but like my fellow Magic fans have said. We'll see what happens come June.

Avenged
05-07-2010, 03:36 PM
When did I ever say that we're the team to beat because we beat Charlotte? I said Charlotte aren't 'Cupcakes.' That's different. Stop getting all defensive because we're actually trying to defend our team. While your team almost went to a game 7 with the Thunder, we made a clean sweep through the Bobcats, who may I add, have way better defense, AND experience.

Well I never said they were a "cupcake" either, so I guess we should stop playing the assuming game. :)

I don't know, I think the Thunder are better than the Bobcats. But okay smart guy.

G-Funk
05-07-2010, 03:37 PM
I told yall!!!!! But you wouldn't listen. Now everyone but Cavs fans jumped off the Cavs banwagon as soon as the wheels came off! I told yall the Magic are the team to beat(in the EC)

RadiantShot
05-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Just to get one thing straight, why is Orlando's competition not getting any respect? Peolpe are saying we have had the easiest schedule out of anyone.

we're not playing a Portland team missing how many players as well as a Roy who was a shell of himself.
We're not playing a Bulls team who was missing the majority of their players to injury.

I'm just saying the teams we are playing are healthy teams. Charlotte was #2 in defense this year with wins over every top team in the league. Atlanta has a ton of talent on their team with the 6th man of the year.

Its easy as a person sitting in front of a computer saying this competition is "cakewalk" but take an opinion from somone who is actually "on the court" playing night in and night out and they will tell you quite the contrary.

Just because we're dominating doesn't mean our competition is weak, it might just mean....I don't know...maybe our team is pretty good....just a thought.

I would put my team over anyone in a 7 game series right now, but like my fellow Magic fans have said. We'll see what happens come June.

Yup.
"We'll see come June." ;)

RadiantShot
05-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Well I never said they were a "cupcake" either, so I guess we should stop playing the assuming game. :)

I don't know, I think the Thunder are better than the Bobcats. But okay smart guy.

Well, for one thing, the cupcake comment was not directed at you. I wasn't even talking to you, but you decided to barge in on the conversation. Smart one. :rolleyes:.

And, no.

macc
05-07-2010, 03:39 PM

Don't hate us cause you aint us :cool:

Come on Prodigy, anytime you want to leave the dark side, you can sport one of these great sigs as well. We'll welcome you.

Avenged
05-07-2010, 03:39 PM

I would have to agree somewhat because of your recent play. I clearly said Orlando was the team to beat since they're playing the best ball right now. I do think you have to take into account who everyone else is playing as well, but other than that you're pretty much correct. Radiant just wants to argue. :)

Raph12
05-07-2010, 03:41 PM

Why do you act like the Thunder and Jazz are some super competition? The Lakers haven't been challenged, nor will they with the Spurs and Suns in the WCFs, doesn't mean **** in the long run. They weren't challenged last year and they ran over the competition, if you're that talented, want it badly and you match up well with your oppenents, you'll win.

I already said that LA is definitely the team to beat just because they're the defending champs, Orlando is the team to beat in the East, but until the Lakeshow is dethroned, they still get bragging rights no matter what.

RadiantShot
05-07-2010, 03:45 PM
I would have to agree somewhat because of your recent play. I clearly said Orlando was the team to beat since they're playing the best ball right now. I do think you have to take into account who everyone else is playing as well, but other than that you're pretty much correct. Radiant just wants to argue. :)

Come on now. I'm on good terms with you. No reason why we can't argue. ;)

Avenged
05-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Why do you act like the Thunder and Jazz are some super competition? The Lakers haven't been challenged, nor will they with the Spurs and Suns in the WCFs, doesn't mean **** in the long run. They weren't challenged last year and they ran over the competition, if you're that talented, want it badly and you match up well with your oppenents, you'll win.

I already said that LA is definitely the team to beat just because they're the defending champs, Orlando is the team to beat in the East, but until the Lakeshow is dethroned, they still get bragging rights no matter what.

Your pretty much comparing the East to the West. I haven't even said L.A is the team to beat, I haven't even mentioned them. I said Orlando was the team to beat because they're undefeated. But once they start playing tougher opponents like lets say.. the ECF or the finals, they won't be.

*Superman*
05-07-2010, 03:46 PM
If 16-40 last season in the Finals is nailin three's then yes he did. lol.

If you wanna talk about last year then talk about how the Magic beat the Cavs too. It's another year, and this playoffs he has been real consistent.

*Superman*
05-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Right now, BY FAR.

- They have lots of scorers who share the ball.
- They play defense.
- Their bench is deep as hell
- Even when their best player struggles, their other guys have been stepping up
- Jameer Nelson is the most clutch PG in the league...he always hits big shots that really demoralize the opponent.

:clap:

Finally some respect.

D Roses Bulls
05-07-2010, 03:49 PM
they surely are looking like the team i predicted back in june. laker fans i would worry if i were you. the magic were a courtney lee miss and a derrick fisher 3 from leading the series 3-2 last year. now the team has just become more deeper and a lot more hungrier. dont be surprised if the magic are holding up the trophy in june.

CTown81
05-07-2010, 03:52 PM

Oh my fault. I confused you with a passionate sports fan.

Granted sports do not alter my life drastically either but I care enough about my teams to get nervous over situations or maybe get ticked off thus causing a restless night of sleep here and there.

RadiantShot
05-07-2010, 03:52 PM
^
That's me in a nutshell about Sports, pretty much.

CTown81
05-07-2010, 03:53 PM

Really.... Come on. They were a 7 seed. In the East....

That shows me nothing.

Avenged
they surely are looking like the team i predicted back in june. laker fans i would worry if i were you. the magic were a courtney lee miss and a derrick fisher 3 from leading the series 3-2 last year. now the team has just become more deeper and a lot more hungrier. dont be surprised if the magic are holding up the trophy in june.

The Lakers were 2 games away of sweeping the Magic had they made all their shots and the Magic missed them all.

Means nothing.

*Superman*

Shows our unity, sort of like the Magic. We even have our own players, for example, I'm Dwight, ManRam is Jameer, Radiant is Barnes, 15carter is VC, etc, etc.

And so far I would say it has been good luck, 6-0 baby.

RadiantShot
05-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Shows our unity, sort of like the Magic. We even have our own players, for example, I'm Dwight, ManRam is Jameer, Radiant is Barnes, 15carter is VC, etc, etc.

I make them with a little bit of Magic. ;)

D Roses Bulls
05-07-2010, 03:56 PM
The Lakers were 2 games away of sweeping the Magic had they made all their shots and the Magic missed them all.

Means nothing.

it does though. cause it shows how close the teams were at the time. the lakers verdict isnt out if they have gotten better or worse since last year. the magic though, you can see clearly how much better they have gotten

*Superman*
05-07-2010, 03:57 PM

Agreed that series was a lot closer then it seemed.

Means nothing.

With a go to scorer that we saw yesterday in Carter, and a healthy Nelson, this year the series will easily go to 6 or 7, with the Magic having HCA. :p

D Roses Bulls
05-07-2010, 03:57 PM

and im stan van gundy cause i tell all you mofos what to do, lol ;)

Bruno
05-07-2010, 03:58 PM
I think its the Magics to lose at this point.

I think the Lakers are their equals 1-6, maybe I'd give a slight homer edge to the Lakers 1-6 but as soon as you dig any deeper into those benches the Magic take it as far as depth. Add that to homecourt and I think it's the Magics to lose.

The 4-1 finish last year may be the Lakers one psychological edge, but maybe the Magic have already shaken that. I think its gona be a rematch from last year.

CTown81
05-07-2010, 03:59 PM
I told yall!!!!! But you wouldn't listen. Now everyone but Cavs fans jumped off the Cavs banwagon as soon as the wheels came off! I told yall the Magic are the team to beat(in the EC)

When did the wheels come off... ?

The lost 1 game to the Celtics. Did everyone really expect the Cavs to sweep the C's?

Really? I find this comical.

CTown81
05-07-2010, 04:02 PM

I actually kind of like that.

Good stuff.

D Roses Bulls
05-07-2010, 04:02 PM
When did the wheels come off... ?

The lost 1 game to the Celtics. Did everyone really expect the Cavs to sweep the C's?

Really? I find this comical.

i think he is saying that he didnt expect the cavs to lose at home. the celtics have actually out played the cavs so far. the celtics could of easily have won game one, but just choked. most people i think at the beginning of the series didnt expect the cetics to steal one in cleveand so early like this. now the celtics have HCA. so yes, facing a celtics team that pretty much has one more shot to win it and are more focused then ever, well id be worried if i were a cavs fan. well a lebron fan cause i dont know any REAL cavs fans ;)

RadiantShot
05-07-2010, 04:05 PM
D Rose, I'm on AIM.

*Superman*
05-07-2010, 04:05 PM
and im stan van gundy cause i tell all you mofos what to do, lol ;)

Only if you get a SVG avatar. :p

I actually kind of like that.

Good stuff.

Your welcome to join, and you can be Anthony Johnson! :D

RadiantShot
05-07-2010, 04:08 PM

LMAO. AJ is one of our most valuable prospects, please don't joke around.

D Roses Bulls
05-07-2010, 04:08 PM

but i do at least have a barnes sig. then i guess 5 people are d howard cause they have the same howard sig as you ;)

*Superman*
05-07-2010, 04:09 PM
LMAO. AJ is one of our most valuable prospects, please don't joke around.

Umm. Adonal has more upside, you don't joke around.

*Superman*
05-07-2010, 04:10 PM
but i do at least have a barnes sig. then i guess 5 people are d howard cause they have the same howard sig as you ;)

You should actually rep the Magic sig and get a SVG avatar since the Bulls are out. For real.

D Roses Bulls
05-07-2010, 04:11 PM
were all so lucky superman was so close by ;)

CTown81
05-07-2010, 04:11 PM
i think he is saying that he didnt expect the cavs to lose at home. the celtics have actually out played the cavs so far. the celtics could of easily have won game one, but just choked. most people i think at the beginning of the series didnt expect the cetics to steal one in cleveand so early like this. now the celtics have HCA. so yes, facing a celtics team that pretty much has one more shot to win it and are more focused then ever, well id be worried if i were a cavs fan. well a lebron fan cause i dont know any REAL cavs fans ;)

:-) Im a real Cavs fan. I remember my heart being torn out by Jordan as an eight year old.

I can agree with being slightly worried going into Boston as I am, but thats far from the wheels falling off.

CTown81
05-07-2010, 04:12 PM

Ill pass but I like the unity. :-)

D Roses Bulls
You should actually rep the Magic sig and get a SVG avatar since the Bulls are out. For real.

alright alright..... i guess i can do that. let me looks or if you see a good sig or avatar let me know

SteveNash
No, the Magic aren't the team to beat. :facepalm:

Avenged
it does though. cause it shows how close the teams were at the time. the lakers verdict isnt out if they have gotten better or worse since last year. the magic though, you can see clearly how much better they have gotten

You can look at it that way or you can look at it in the way that perhaps if the Lakers would have made more shots, played better D, caught an extra 5 rebounds, made more ft's, they would have been up by more and Lee and Fisher wouldn't even have been in the position they were in, in the first place.

The Magic are much improved though I'll give you that.

D Roses Bulls
05-07-2010, 04:14 PM

mr.nash you need to stop hitting the pipe and watch the magic.

*Superman*
05-07-2010, 04:15 PM
were all so lucky superman was so close by ;)

;)

Ill pass but I like the unity. :-)
Thanks bro.

alright alright..... i guess i can do that. let me looks or if you see a good sig or avatar let me know

Ill see what I can find. I'll ask RS too if he can whip something up.

Says the guy that is about to lose a sig bet. :facepalm:

Kleonidas
05-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Nash still thinks the fighting Bobs are going to knockoff the Magic. Good call Nash, they won a total of zero playoff games.

Kleonidas
05-07-2010, 04:20 PM
SNash for PSD poster of the month.

D Roses Bulls
05-07-2010, 04:24 PM
i wanna do a sig bet with stevenash

RadiantShot
Steve Nash will eventually come out and say he's a troll. Just a matter of time.

SteveNash
mr.nash you need to stop hitting the pipe and watch the magic.

Team to beat is either the Lakers (champs) or Cavs (best team this year).

No one in their right mind thinks the Magic are the team to beat just because they've had the easiest schedule so far in the playoffs.

*Superman*
05-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Okay D Rose, got a couple to choose from
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/ian_thomsen/05/15/weekly.countdown/stan.vangundy.jpg
http://sportsblog.projo.com/vangundy0326.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uv9rbmjljHI/Sggo1JgtbBI/AAAAAAAAB3Y/mB2F_T9V7_M/s400/svangundy.bmp
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45916000/gif/_45916955_vangundy226.gif
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Orlando+Magic+v+Golden+State+Warriors+kEx-zpfLyEYl.jpg
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/06/07/sports/vangundy75.jpg

RS picks

http://cuzoogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/mallcop.gif
http://afennisfordembo.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/stanvangundy.jpg

RadiantShot
05-07-2010, 04:25 PM

No one in their right mind thinks the Magic are the team to beat just because they've had the easiest schedule so far in the playoffs.

Besides 90% of the thread.

RadiantShot
05-07-2010, 04:26 PM
lfmafoamfaofmaofamfaom

D Roses Bulls
05-07-2010, 04:28 PM

the hawks and bobcats arnt exactly easy. everyone thought the cats would take the magic to 6-7 games and the hawks have been a disappointment so far in the playoffs but no one said that before. look at the magics record after the all star break and against west teams this year

D Roses Bulls
05-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Found SteveNash.
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy69/NevadaSmith/Babys%20Truth%20About%20Trolls%20Tolls/forum_trolls.jpg

loving it...... loving it...... you know nash is sittin like i gotta find a way to bash those damn magic, they are so silky smooth they make butter feel like gravel

D Roses Bulls
05-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Okay D Rose, got a couple to choose from
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/ian_thomsen/05/15/weekly.countdown/stan.vangundy.jpg
http://sportsblog.projo.com/vangundy0326.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uv9rbmjljHI/Sggo1JgtbBI/AAAAAAAAB3Y/mB2F_T9V7_M/s400/svangundy.bmp
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45916000/gif/_45916955_vangundy226.gif
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Orlando+Magic+v+Golden+State+Warriors+kEx-zpfLyEYl.jpg
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/06/07/sports/vangundy75.jpg

RS picks

http://cuzoogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/mallcop.gif
http://afennisfordembo.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/stanvangundy.jpg

i have my svg avatar, his suit looks pimp hes wearing but i did consider svg coaching dwight pic though ;)

magicdouglas
05-07-2010, 04:32 PM
2 more games Steve Nash. When I get home from the game on Monday I'll be looking for your new sig.

RadiantShot
05-07-2010, 04:34 PM
LMAO. Priceless.

Kleonidas
05-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Easiest road so far ,but two weeks ago you said we would lose to the Bobs. Put the keyboard down Nash you make yourself look like a fool. Cavs won't get past the Celtics. Your best team is about to lose bro. Nice sig bet,my guess is you'll do your best disappearing Magic act.

magicdouglas
05-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Easiest road so far ,but two weeks ago you said we would lose to the Bobs. Put the keyboard down Nash you make yourself look like a fool. Cavs won't get past the Celtics. Your best team is about to lose bro. Nice sig bet,my guess is you'll do your best disappearing Magic act.

Thats what I'm thinking, he'll change his sig and never post again. so it's a win win!

bradyoverrated
05-07-2010, 04:46 PM
celtics are the team to beat...DUH!!!

carter15
05-07-2010, 04:47 PM

This is great stuff, but how bout this.

Lakers lost the Finals in 2008 and then won in 2009.

Magic lost the Finals in 2009 so they should win in 2010.

As a Magic fan I would be happy about this parallel.

:/ Case in point this parallel **** is stupid and pointless. It has NO effect on anything whatsoever.

SteveNash
05-07-2010, 04:50 PM
the hawks and bobcats arnt exactly easy. everyone thought the cats would take the magic to 6-7 games and the hawks have been a disappointment so far in the playoffs but no one said that before. look at the magics record after the all star break and against west teams this year

Who left in the playoffs has had easier matchups?

SteveNash
05-07-2010, 04:51 PM
2 more games Steve Nash. When I get home from the game on Monday I'll be looking for your new sig.

He who laughs last, laughs best.

magicdouglas
05-07-2010, 04:55 PM

you're back, how was your happy meal?

At this point in the playoffs no one has easy match-ups the Magic just make it look easy.

D Roses Bulls
05-07-2010, 04:56 PM

thats debatable. blazers arnt obviously who we thought they were, and so the suns are playing a 7th seed right now so they could of had the easiest schedule. the cavs imo are overrated. the top west teams arnt as good as the we thought they would be and please dont say its cause the west is so deep. if you say the bobcats and hawks are weak then you dont know basketball. hawks are number 3 seed in the east. try looking at your suns match ups before you wanna talk about the magics. the magic are going back to the finals

magicdouglas
05-07-2010, 04:57 PM

yes we all know that we're just waiting for Monday

Truheatfan
05-07-2010, 05:04 PM
This team is really dangerous and playing at a high level and if cleveland dosent get thier act together were going to have a hell of a showdown in the easter conference finals.

heathonater
05-07-2010, 05:05 PM
still got go with la. orlando has been playing great, but i think la matches up better than most teams with orlando. still like artest and kobe defending the perimeter, and la's length inside will bother most of the magic and make dwight work harder to score than he has against atlanta, because horford is just too small to guard him. jameer nelson will have to take advantage of la's poor pg defense in order for orlando to beat la if they meet.

AirCanada15ORL
05-07-2010, 05:23 PM
If Howard and Carter are playing aggressive and dominating opponents they are gonna be tough to beat.
Adding Nelson, Lewis and they are gonna be ridiculously hard to beat.

Add their top notch defense, array of shooters, Pietrus and other sparks, and they are the beasts of the easts imo.

Raph12
05-07-2010, 05:36 PM

Laugh all you want, but you'd better get your cracks in now, because after the Magic end this series, you will no longer be allowed to post anything negative about the Magic or their players/coaches. Not to mention you'll be reppin Dwight, basically for the rest of his career lol.

RadiantShot
05-07-2010, 05:37 PM
L.
M.
A.
O.

Haha, I love Raph with passion ladies and gents.

SAiNi_21
05-07-2010, 05:48 PM
yeah for sure, adding in the fact that the Lakers are just recently getting back on track and Lebron's elbow not being 100% i think Orlando has the chance to take it all

LEBRON_KING_23
05-07-2010, 06:27 PM
LMAO at the Magic the team to beat. The Cavs record would have blown theirs out of the water if they actually played their starters the rest of the season.
This debate needs to end, the Cavs are coming out of the east plain and simple.

Raph12
05-07-2010, 06:34 PM
LMAO at the Magic the team to beat. The Cavs record would have blown theirs out of the water if they actually played their starters the rest of the season.
This debate needs to end, the Cavs are coming out of the east plain and simple.

Shouldn't you be busy getting honey to the hive?... Your queen is nursing an injury and needs all the strength she can muster.

Jays Claw
05-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Yes.

Raidaz4Life
05-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Of course they are, they've proven to be the dominant team in the playoffs thus far.

D Roses Bulls
05-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Shouldn't you be busy getting honey to the hive?... Your queen is nursing an injury and needs all the strength she can muster.

LMAO :laugh:

what54!?
05-07-2010, 06:46 PM
until their defeated, its always the defending champs

SteveNash
05-07-2010, 06:47 PM
you're back, how was your happy meal?

At this point in the playoffs no one has easy match-ups the Magic just make it look easy.

I would never eat at McDonalds. Don't insult me like that ever again.

thats debatable. blazers arnt obviously who we thought they were, and so the suns are playing a 7th seed right now so they could of had the easiest schedule. the cavs imo are overrated. the top west teams arnt as good as the we thought they would be and please dont say its cause the west is so deep. if you say the bobcats and hawks are weak then you dont know basketball. hawks are number 3 seed in the east. try looking at your suns match ups before you wanna talk about the magics. the magic are going back to the finals

The Suns had the second weakest matchup. Blazers are better than the Hawks or Bobcats. You can recognize the Suns weak opponents, why can't you recognize who easy a route Orlando has? That's why they'll get destroyed in the next round.

Laugh all you want, but you'd better get your cracks in now, because after the Magic end this series, you will no longer be allowed to post anything negative about the Magic or their players/coaches. Not to mention you'll be reppin Dwight, basically for the rest of his career lol.

It's okay buddy, I'll be for you after the Magic fail in the playoffs again. And I'll look forward to Brook Lopez dominating Dwight next year.

Zefflin
05-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Yes.

I concur.

D Roses Bulls
05-07-2010, 06:50 PM

The Suns had the second weakest matchup. Blazers are better than the Hawks or Bobcats. You can recognize the Suns weak opponents, why can't you recognize who easy a route Orlando has? That's why they'll get destroyed in the next round.

It's okay buddy, I'll be for you after the Magic fail in the playoffs again. And I'll look forward to Brook Lopez dominating Dwight next year.

come on man, the suns arn't better then the hawks. the suns only have one position that they are better then the hawks at and that is pg. you can debate amare scoring his points against smith and horford all you want,
but the hawks play both sides of the ball, the suns dont

D Roses Bulls
05-07-2010, 06:51 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

SteveNash
05-07-2010, 06:56 PM
come on man, the suns arn't better then the hawks. the suns only have one position that they are better then the hawks at and that is pg. you can debate amare scoring his points against smith and horford all you want,
but the hawks play both sides of the ball, the suns dont

Atlanta's offense and defensive schemes are terrible and not built for the playoffs.

D Roses Bulls
05-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Atlanta's offense and defensive schemes are terrible and not built for the playoffs.

this is the team that took the champs two years ago to 7 games, the magic always dominate the hawks so its not a surprise why they are up 2-0. i was surprised they went 7 with the bucks, but i think the hawks were already looking forward to orlando so the concentration wasnt there. until the magic get knocked out they are still the defending eastern conference champs so respect them til another team says other wise

D Roses Bulls
05-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Nash lets make a bet, if the magic make it back to the finals you have to eat a big mac with large fries

SteveNash
05-07-2010, 07:08 PM
this is the team that took the champs two years ago to 7 games, the magic always dominate the hawks so its not a surprise why they are up 2-0. i was surprised they went 7 with the bucks, but i think the hawks were already looking forward to orlando so the concentration wasnt there. until the magic get knocked out they are still the defending eastern conference champs so respect them til another team says other wise

And they also lost to the Celtics by an average of 20/25 points when the Celtics were at home.

The Hawks are just not good away from home. And relying on your home crowd to give you energy to create easy fastbreak points is not a way to win a ring even if you somehow managed to secure homecourt throughout the playoffs.

SteveNash
05-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Nash lets make a bet, if the magic make it back to the finals you have to eat a big mac with large fries

Fries are okay, Big Mac hell no.

D Roses Bulls
05-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Fries are okay, Big Mac hell no.

if your so confident the magic arnt that, then it shouldn't be a problem cause you wouldnt have to worry then about eatin the big mac

SteveNash
05-07-2010, 07:16 PM
if your so confident the magic arnt that, then it shouldn't be a problem cause you wouldnt have to worry then about eatin the big mac

Anything can happen. All the other teams could just suddenly die.

The possibility of the Magic are so small it's really not even worth acknowledging. But if that one in a trillion chance happens, it's not worth torturing myself by eating a Big Mac.

bigsams50
05-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Anything can happen. All the other teams could just suddenly die.

The possibility of the Magic are so small it's really not even worth acknowledging. But if that one in a trillion chance happens, it's not worth torturing myself by eating a Big Mac.

Why do you hate the Magic so much? What have they dont this postseason that shows you they are not legit contenders?

Wcuracer29
05-07-2010, 07:30 PM
anyone thinking LeBron James' elbow is bothering him really bad is a freakin idiot- what has happened in the media before that "arm shake" at the free throw line? The attention had gotten away from Cleveland and LeBron- James new all he had to do was shake his arm like it was hurting and the media would have a field day and focus right back onto him (just the way queen bees like it). There was no shaking or disturbance with his arm until then, funny how it just all of the sudden came up and..."it had been bothering me for a while"

Complete farce and dramatization from one of the best. I guess Varejao taught him how to fake being hurt at a second's moment.

I don't believe his arm his hurt one bit- it was a a fabrication of his to get the attention back onto himself because it had fallen away from him for a week or so. Being "hurt" now gives all the Cavs fans an excuse for losing in whatever round of the playoffs they end up losing in.

carter15
05-07-2010, 07:35 PM
^Nah, don't think so whatsoever.

Wcuracer29
05-07-2010, 07:35 PM
^Nah, don't think so whatsoever.

don't think what? that he's hurt, or you don't agree with me? your opinion, it's cool- just trying to get clarification

Kakaroach
05-07-2010, 07:36 PM
I think so, so far their healthy and they haven't lost yet. How is that not the favorite?

carter15
05-07-2010, 07:42 PM
don't think what? that he's hurt, or you don't agree with me? your opinion, it's cool- just trying to get clarification

I don't agree with you.

I think he's hurt, not super serious, but it's not like (other then the lefty FT) hes making it a big deal. It's really the media that has blown it up.

I'm sure its an issue, that doesn't mean he won't be able to play good still.

LEBRON_KING_23
05-07-2010, 09:51 PM
why the **** would lebron lie about his elbow. Its hurting him but it doesnt matter he's still leagues better then anyone else even with a hurt elbow.

Raph12
05-07-2010, 09:57 PM

You won't be after anything, you have to keep your mouth shut regardless of what happens to the Magic after this round.

Why? Let's go back to the sig bet:

This is a thread about the Magic overall being weak not Dwight Howard.

Here's my bet. Orlando doesn't get to the conference finals you put this and only this in your signature:

Player X is better than Dwight Howard. With player X replacing whatever starting center beat Howard in their playoff series.

The Orlando Magic are were a fluke and are a worse franchise than the Clippers.

SteveNash is always right.

And it remains in your signature until the Magic win a championship.

If the Magic get past the second round you can have me put whatever you want in my sig as long as it's acceptable to the mods. And I will never post anything negative about the Orlando Magic or their players/coaches.

Should the Magic eliminate Atlanta, you are prohibited from every critisizing the Magic again, well atleast until Brook, as the #1 option on his team, eliminates Dwight's Magic in a 7 game series.

Like I said, live it up, two more wins and I'll strap that muzzle on you and ride you until the end of time.

LEBRON_KING_23
05-07-2010, 10:00 PM
I'ts safe to say the Cavs are the team to beat again. Magic had their 2 day of fame, congrats, meant nothing.
Cavs are back on track and on their way to the ship.

carter15
05-07-2010, 10:01 PM
I'ts safe to say the Cavs are the team to beat again. Magic had their 2 day of fame, congrats, meant nothing.

if u say so. cant argue that. u no best. all hail.

Raph12
05-07-2010, 10:05 PM

Right one blowout win over the old, beat up Celts makes the Cavs #1 again, I guess winning 12 straight, 26 of 29, 39 of 47 and going undefeated in the playoffs means nothing... Okay then bud w/e you say. :rolleyes:

D Roses Bulls
05-07-2010, 10:11 PM

oh you lebron fans make me laugh. first of all kid, you had a lot of help from the refs tonight. that flagrant foul was a bi turning point in the game cause it set the tone of the game and that was there was no way the cavs were losing that game. second, beat the number 3 seed by 43 and we can talk.

LALakersKC
05-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Still think the Magic are better than Cleveland.. Good Win for Cleveland tho..

Raps18-19 Champ
05-07-2010, 10:30 PM
They are the only undefeated team in the playoffs and don't look like they are going to struggle for the rest of the Hawks series. So yea.

But I didn't really think the Bobcats were going to do anything in the playoffs anyways. And the Hawks are in a complete mismatch against the Magic. Not trying to take away from them but that's what I think about their 2 playoff series so far. But like I said, they are the only undefeated team so so far, I think they are the top team in these playoffs.

GspLAL
05-07-2010, 10:35 PM
They've looked very very impressive but with that said they've had 2 teams that can't match up with them

ManRam
05-08-2010, 08:56 AM
I haven't made a post in here yet, odd.

I'm not getting ahead of myself. We aren't the team to beat. We shouldn't act like we are. Cleveland had the best record all year, and the Lakers are the champs. Until we beat them, they are the teams to beat. We are playing the best basketball of any team in the world right now, but if I remember correctly, Cleveland swept their first two series last year. I'm not trying to sound like a Negative Nancy, because I think we can, and will win the Finals, but I don't want to be the favorites yet, and I really don't think we should be. When we throttle Cleveland and then LA, then we're the favorites, and that's fine with me ;)

cambovenzi
05-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Defending champs, up 2-0 on their way to the conference finals, best record in the west, star studded team, already beat the magic in last years finals, etc etc.

Lakers are the team to beat.

prodigy
05-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Come on Prodigy, anytime you want to leave the dark side, you can sport one of these great sigs as well. We'll welcome you.

I would rather have a screw driver shoved up my ***.

nice statement game by the cavs.

magicdouglas
05-08-2010, 09:57 AM
I would rather have a screw driver shoved up my ***.

nice statement game by the cavs.

I'll mail you a screw driver

prodigy
05-08-2010, 10:09 AM
I'll mail you a screw driver

Your into that stuff right? lol.

Miltown34
05-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Last time I checked the Lakers were the champions and defeated the Magic in the finals last year, maybe I'm way off though :rolleyes:

Raph12
05-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Your into that stuff right? lol.

It was your idea. :rolleyes:

*Superman*
05-08-2010, 12:41 PM

Raph=FTW.

MJ-BULLS
05-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Yes they are the team to beat.

LEBRON_KING_23
05-08-2010, 01:14 PM
THEY ARE NOT THE TEAM TO BEAT FFS. Cavs haters everywhere.

SteveNash
05-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Why do you hate the Magic so much? What have they dont this postseason that shows you they are not legit contenders?

I don't hate the Magic, I just know they're not title contenders. The only problem is that the Magic are vastly overrated.

Same thing with the Spurs, everyone was talking them up while I said they weren't title contenders. I don't hate the Spurs either, it's just that both teams aren't good enough to win the championship.

You won't be after anything, you have to keep your mouth shut regardless of what happens to the Magic after this round.

Why? Let's go back to the sig bet:

Should the Magic eliminate Atlanta, you are prohibited from every critisizing the Magic again, well atleast until Brook, as the #1 option on his team, eliminates Dwight's Magic in a 7 game series.

Like I said, live it up, two more wins and I'll strap that muzzle on you and ride you until the end of time.

I won't be criticizing the Magic, I'll be consoling you and asking how it happened.

Pauleboman
05-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Last I checked which is very often the Magic are not the one seed but I`ll rout for them because I hope the Cavs loose!!!!

magicdouglas
05-08-2010, 02:08 PM

too funny

prodigy
05-08-2010, 02:22 PM

OMG another one. lol. Don't jump in on a conversation between two people, its rude.

RipVW
05-08-2010, 02:37 PM
I haven't made a post in here yet, odd.

I'm not getting ahead of myself. We aren't the team to beat. We shouldn't act like we are. Cleveland had the best record all year, and the Lakers are the champs. Until we beat them, they are the teams to beat. We are playing the best basketball of any team in the world right now, but if I remember correctly, Cleveland swept their first two series last year. I'm not trying to sound like a Negative Nancy, because I think we can, and will win the Finals, but I don't want to be the favorites yet, and I really don't think we should be. When we throttle Cleveland and then LA, then we're the favorites, and that's fine with me ;)

I think your team was more reliant on the 3 last year. Its not that its not a big part of what the Orlando Magic do now but Carter gives you more of a penetrator than a guy who spots up beyond the arc. Also, having Nelson back and healthy gives you a penetrator as well. I think last year, you had an A game that was slightly higher because it was based on shooting well from 3. But you live by the three and you die by the three. Being reliant on the 3 is full of cold streaks and hot streaks. The shots that you were hitting at the end of the Celtics series and during the whole Cavs series werent falling in the finals. You look to be more consistent now. Nelson and Carter seem to have smoothed out these inconsistencies.

prodigy
05-08-2010, 02:45 PM
I think your team was more reliant on the 3 last year. Its not that its not a big part of what the Orlando Magic do now but Carter gives you more of a penetrator than a guy who spots up beyond the arc. Also, having Nelson back and healthy gives you a penetrator as well. I think last year, you had an A game that was slightly higher because it was based on shooting well from 3. But you live by the three and you die by the three. Being reliant on the 3 is full of cold streaks and hot streaks. The shots that you were hitting at the end of the Celtics series and during the whole Cavs series werent falling in the finals. You look to be more consistent now. Nelson and Carter seem to have smoothed out these inconsistencies.

The magic set a record this season for most three's. so ya its like 85% of their game plan.

VC does not drive like he use to or even close to it. he has jacked up a lot of three's this season. In 6 postseason games Carter is shooting 4-24 from 3's. Which is like 16%.

RipVW
05-08-2010, 02:55 PM
The magic set a record this season for most three's. so ya its like 85% of their game plan.

VC does not drive like he use to or even close to it. he has jacked up a lot of three's this season. In 6 postseason games Carter is shooting 4-24 from 3's. Which is like 16%.

Thats not even relevant. What is relevant is how Carter plays relative to Turkoglu. And he still brings more of a drive and finish element than did Turkoglu.

I know the 3 is a big part of their game. I thought I acknowledged that in the very post you replied to. You must not have seen it. They use the three to keep offset people crowding the lane to stop Howard. They force teams to extend their defense at which point, they can start going to Howard more. But having someone who can drive and finish brings an element to their game to smooth out inconsistencies and take advantage.

magicdouglas
05-08-2010, 02:59 PM
OMG another one. lol. Don't jump in on a conversation between two people, its rude.

WTF??? I was the one to make the comment in the first place! Besides no one had a post in here for the last 30 min. Are you a sensitive Susie or just a D-bag? Don't worry lil fella high school will be over for you in four years.

LEBRON_KING_23
05-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Its ok prodigy magic fans just like to be a part of things. Like they like to be a part of being a contending team talk which they arent.

domz248
05-08-2010, 03:03 PM
4-1 finals last year

prodigy
05-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Thats not even relevant. What is relevant is how Carter plays relative to Turkoglu. And he still brings more of a drive and finish element than did Turkoglu.

How is it not relevant? This is basketball no? Thats like saying the basketball being round is not relevant to the game of basketball. WTF? lol.

Carter is or was a really good player and I have a lot of respect for the things he's done for the game. But he is not a mis-match like turk was. We have at least 4 games who can defend carter. we had only one guy who could cover Turk last season, that was Lebron. He was needed elsewhere.

prodigy
05-08-2010, 03:09 PM
WTF??? I was the one to make the comment in the first place! Besides no one had a post in here for the last 30 min. Are you a sensitive Susie or just a D-bag? Don't worry lil fella high school will be over for you in four years.

HAHAHA. I did not write that to you. omg :facepalm: magic fans for ya I guess.

magicdouglas
05-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Its ok prodigy magic fans just like to be a part of things. Like they like to be a part of being a contending team talk which they arent.

We sent your team home in tears, just sayn

domz248
05-08-2010, 03:24 PM
We sent your team home in tears, just sayn

you went on to win what ??? a ECF title ??? you count those ??

RipVW
05-08-2010, 03:27 PM
How is it not relevant? This is basketball no? Thats like saying the basketball being round is not relevant to the game of basketball. WTF? lol.

Carter is or was a really good player and I have a lot of respect for the things he's done for the game. But he is not a mis-match like turk was. We have at least 4 games who can defend carter. we had only one guy who could cover Turk last season, that was Lebron. He was needed elsewhere.

Dont start posturing with the "WTFs" and "LOLs". Ive already explained to you how its not relevant.

prodigy
05-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Don't start posturing with the "WTFs" and "LOLs". Ive already explained to you how its not relevant.

Which you did horribly. Driving is part of the game, even more so when your shooting 16% from three.

RipVW
05-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Which you did horribly. Driving is part of the game, even more so when your shooting 16% from three.

I dont know why you bother with your nothing responses. I guess you feel like you have to say something.

*Superman*
05-08-2010, 03:47 PM

You didn't see that last game because he was driving a lot. And his % is only bad because he was 1-16 in the Cat's series, which we still won 4-0 so it didn't hurt the team enough to cost us a lose. Next.

*Superman*
05-08-2010, 03:48 PM

Saying that he is in HS is an overstatement.

macc
05-08-2010, 03:49 PM
I dont know why you bother with your nothing responses. I guess you feel like you have to say something.

I like your posts. Stick around :cheers:

RipVW
05-08-2010, 03:58 PM
I like your posts. Stick around :cheers:

Thanks.

Cheers!

RadiantShot
05-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Like I said, "We'll see come June." ;) That should be all for now.

carter15
05-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Well it doesn't REALLY matter who "the team to beat" is.

It really means nothing, and frankly for some Cavs and Magic fans to be so passionate about it is kinda sad, since it means nothing.

Just let the play on the court to decide who's the best. Being the team to beat doesn't give a team an advantage.

prodigy
05-08-2010, 05:00 PM
You didn't see that last game because he was driving a lot. And his % is only bad because he was 1-16 in the Cat's series,.

O ok my bad, then its fine that he went 4-24. lol.

prodigy
05-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Saying that he is in HS is an overstatement.

Well I guess you got schooled my a little kid then lol.

D Roses Bulls
05-08-2010, 05:17 PM

I know your tryna be funny and all, but its not when this team ACTUALLY made the finals last year and who did they beat to get there? oh yea..... also finished only 2 games behind the cavs this regular season. so rethink your statement

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 05:26 PM
I thought the team to beat is always who ever is defending the title? :confused:

D Roses Bulls
05-08-2010, 05:28 PM
I thought the team to beat is always who ever is defending the title? :confused:

can't argue that..... champions til someone knocks them off

Kevj77
05-08-2010, 05:38 PM
The defending champs are always the team to beat until they are knocked out.

D Roses Bulls
05-08-2010, 06:03 PM
The defending champs are always the team to beat until they are knocked out.

exactly and you think the cavs fans would give the magic some respect knowing they are the defending ECC.

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 06:10 PM
exactly and you think the cavs fans would give the magic some respect knowing they are the defending ECC.

This.

lakersrock
05-08-2010, 06:14 PM
No offense to the Magic, but a good 3P shooting college team could beat Atlanta at this point. They're not even trying. Dwight is as usual a nonfactor offensively, so instead of forgetting about him, they're sometimes doubling and leaving guys who are nailing 3s wide open. I don't get it. Put Zaza on Howard and make him beat you. Leaving shooters open isn't working. It's time to make Dwight do it. On the other end, they arnt even passing. It's whoever has it runs up and shoots. The Magic is doing it's job, but Im not calling them anything until they play either Boston or Cleveland.

TheRazorboy
05-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Dwight is as usual a nonfactor offensively

:facepalm:

sNaKeS
05-08-2010, 06:43 PM
No offense to the Magic, but a good 3P shooting college team could beat Atlanta at this point. They're not even trying. Dwight is as usual a nonfactor offensively, so instead of forgetting about him, they're sometimes doubling and leaving guys who are nailing 3s wide open. I don't get it. Put Zaza on Howard and make him beat you. Leaving shooters open isn't working. It's time to make Dwight do it. On the other end, they arnt even passing. It's whoever has it runs up and shoots. The Magic is doing it's job, but Im not calling them anything until they play either Boston or Cleveland.

You mean like he did in the first two games? How did that end up? Oh yea the magic won by double digits both games

abe_froman
05-08-2010, 06:49 PM
in the east yes,but lakers are still champs until they are knocked off they are the team to beat

defender4m
05-08-2010, 07:06 PM
this team is too good i think for anyone in the east including the cavs. Its gonna be a good finals if its them and the lakers again. Now they have experience and dwight might be the only one to control the paint vs the lakers.

AirCanada15ORL
05-08-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm not gonna say Magic are the team to beat.
But I will say the Hawks aren't the team to beat.

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm not gonna say Magic are the team to beat.
But I will say the Hawks aren't the team to beat.

:laugh:

RadiantShot
05-08-2010, 07:33 PM
:rolleyes:

Like I said, "We'll see come June." I could care less about anyone else's opinions on this.

D Roses Bulls
05-08-2010, 07:34 PM

Like I said, "We'll see come June." I could care less about anyone else's opinions on this.

you tell them radiant

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 07:35 PM

Your right, you should care less about anyone else's opinions.....

except mines, because I'm a fan of the team to beat, aka, the defending champion Lakers. ;)

RadiantShot
05-08-2010, 07:38 PM

except mines, because I'm a fan of the team to beat, aka, the defending champion Lakers. ;)

Wasn't even talking to you.

No matter, "We'll see come June." ;)

prodigy
Someone needs to tell Crawford that its ok to pass. Hawks have not shown up yet. Kinda sad.

D Roses Bulls

defending champs? YES!!! repeating champs? NO!!! ;)

JiffyMix88
05-08-2010, 07:42 PM
let laker and cavs fans say their team is but in reality the magic are the best team in the league

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Wasn't even talking to you.

No matter, "We'll see come June." ;)

I know you weren't talking to me. :D

ko8e24
05-08-2010, 07:49 PM
let laker and cavs fans say their team is but in reality the magic are the best team in the league

We don't know that yet. The best TEAM in the league will be the team holding the Larry O'Brien trophy in June.

GspLAL
05-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Magic have played the best so far no doubt but their first two series' have been against teams that can't match up with them.

blah-blah
05-08-2010, 07:50 PM
its likely to be the lakers and magic in the finals again

Raph12
05-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Magic have played the best so far no doubt but their first two series' have been against teams that can't match up with them.

Charlotte matched up fine, they just didn't have the talent to keep up, Atlanta just has no answer for Dwight.

IndiansFan337
05-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Right now they most certainly are the team to beat.

bigsams50
05-08-2010, 08:29 PM
They are playing the best ball out of the remaining teams, but the team to beat will always be the defending champs

JiffyMix88
05-08-2010, 08:55 PM

honestly is there a team that matches up well with them? they have the perfect players for their scheme and as we've seen they even have a playing style when dwight is not in.

lakersrock
05-08-2010, 10:16 PM
honestly is there a team that matches up well with them? they have the perfect players for their scheme and as we've seen they even have a playing style when dwight is not in.

Yeah, the Lakers. Gasol and Bynum can handle Howard one on one. Odom's length bugs Lewis' jumper, Artest gets Carter, Kobe gets whichever SF slasher they have in and Fisher tries to stay at least close to Nelson. LA matches up to them pretty well due to Gasol and Bynum defending Howard very well. Did you miss last year's Finals where Gasol freaking bullied Howard into doing nothing half the time?

lakersrock
05-08-2010, 10:17 PM
You mean like he did in the first two games? How did that end up? Oh yea the magic won by double digits both games

Do you mind telling me how many 3s they hit and at what percentage in the first two games?

magicdouglas
05-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Just wait until June.."if you don't think we're good, thats fine"

magicdouglas
05-08-2010, 10:37 PM

:cheers: well said

GspLAL
05-08-2010, 11:21 PM

Not to be a homer but how doesn't LA match up? We have 2 7 footers to put on Dwight (who was played very well by Gasol in the finals). We have an agile Odom to guard Lewis. And by the way Fisher is playing I dunno if I would call him being on Nelson a miss match.

JiffyMix88
05-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Yeah, the Lakers. Gasol and Bynum can handle Howard one on one. Odom's length bugs Lewis' jumper, Artest gets Carter, Kobe gets whichever SF slasher they have in and Fisher tries to stay at least close to Nelson. LA matches up to them pretty well due to Gasol and Bynum defending Howard very well. Did you miss last year's Finals where Gasol freaking bullied Howard into doing nothing half the time?

lol not the slightiest dwight was doubled everytime he touched the ball and actually was doing his job on the ft line. did you actually watch the game?
(LOSS)game 1 howard 1-6 10-15ft and the team shot 23-77 and 8-23 from the 3
(LOSS)game 2 howard 5-10 7-9 ft and the team 33-79 and 10-30 from the 3
(WIN)game 3 howard 5-6 11-16 ft and the team 40-64 and 5-14 from the 3
(LOSS)game 4 howard 5-12 6-14 ft and the team 31-74 and 7-21 from 3
(LOSS)game 5 howard 5-9 1-3 ft and the team 34-82 and the team 8-27
Dwight got 15 plus rebounds everygame just the magic weren't knocking down shots they did throughout the year and playoffs. the magic are better then last year.FACT. The lakers are not better than last year. FACT.

RipVW
05-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Not to be a homer but how doesn't LA match up? We have 2 7 footers to put on Dwight (who was played very well by Gasol in the finals). We have an agile Odom to guard Lewis. And by the way Fisher is playing I dunno if I would call him being on Nelson a miss match.

Youre getting a little carried away with Fisher because youre enraptured by the moment. Dont kid yourself. He sucks. He's a weak link and tonight doesnt change that.

Raph12
05-08-2010, 11:26 PM

1. Dwight dominated both Gasol and Bynum in both games this season, forcing them to double.

2. Lewis has a lot of post up plays run for him and can spot up from anywhere to hit the open 3.

3. Carter will be the difference maker, if he can hold his own, it may determine the series.

4. Both Barnes and Pietrus didn't struggle to score on Kobe because he doesn't pay them much attention, they go under the radar, cut to the basket at the perfect time and can both hit the 3 as well.

5. Nelson will destroy Fish, we both know that Fish won't be able to keep up, Jameer avged 28.5ppg against Fish in the season last year when healthy and is playing on another level at this point.

Finally, this is not the same Dwight Howard and Orlando Magic as last season and if you can't see that, no point of continuing... Now I'm not saying we'll win for sure, just saying that LA won't roll over us like they did last year (even though it could've easily been 3-1 in our favor with Game 5 in Orlando, but w/e).

JiffyMix88
05-08-2010, 11:29 PM

they match up better than anyone else and play good d but if magic can knock down shots this year its going to be hard to beat the magic and not being biased just speaking the truth

GspLAL
05-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Youre getting a little carried away with Fisher because youre enraptured by the moment. Dont kid yourself. He sucks. He's a weak link and tonight doesnt change that.

So you're telling me he hasn't done even a decent job on D Will after that Denver series?

GspLAL
05-08-2010, 11:30 PM
they match up better than anyone else and play good d but if magic can knock down shots this year its going to be hard to beat the magic and not being biased just speaking the truth

Well yeah if anyone makes shots they're hard to beat lol

Costra_Nostra
05-08-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm glad as a Lakers fan that we will get a lot of rest before the Finals start. Should help with all the injuries we have, most importantly Bynum. We're going to need him to try and SLOW down Dwight. I'm just hoping that the Cavs can makes this an interesting series and take it to six, because the Magic look unbeatable atm.

JiffyMix88
05-08-2010, 11:31 PM
So you're telling me he hasn't done even a decent job on D Will after that Denver series?

really? :confused:

GspLAL
05-08-2010, 11:32 PM
really? :confused:

What? He hasn't completely destroyed our defense in this series.

lakersrock
05-08-2010, 11:32 PM
lol not the slightiest dwight was doubled everytime he touched the ball and actually was doing his job on the ft line. did you actually watch the game?
(LOSS)game 1 howard 1-6 10-15ft and the team shot 23-77 and 8-23 from the 3
(LOSS)game 2 howard 5-10 7-9 ft and the team 33-79 and 10-30 from the 3
(WIN)game 3 howard 5-6 11-16 ft and the team 40-64 and 5-14 from the 3
(LOSS)game 4 howard 5-12 6-14 ft and the team 31-74 and 7-21 from 3
(LOSS)game 5 howard 5-9 1-3 ft and the team 34-82 and the team 8-27
Dwight got 15 plus rebounds everygame just the magic weren't knocking down shots they did throughout the year and playoffs. the magic are better then last year.FACT. The lakers are not better than last year. FACT.

FACT - The Lakers are BETTER defensively than last year.

FACT - The Lakers beat Orlando last year with defense.

JiffyMix88
05-08-2010, 11:35 PM

lakers bench play was better last year and ariza and artest are pretty even defensively slight edge to artest but the magic's offense is sooooo much better its ridiculous

GspLAL
05-08-2010, 11:37 PM
lakers bench play was better last year and ariza and artest are pretty even defensively slight edge to artest but the magic's offense is sooooo much better its ridiculous

Artests defense is WAY ahead of Arizas. Ariza wasn't a lock down defender, he would get steals but you couldn't count on him to lock someone down.

cambovenzi
05-08-2010, 11:38 PM
While they might not be the same exact magic team, they are pretty similar.
The lakers are also very similar to last year's team as well.
Its completely ridiculous to suggest the Lakers are the ones who do not match up to the magic after beating them in 5 last season.

JiffyMix88
05-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Its completely ridiculous to suggest the Lakers are the ones who do not match up to the magic after beating them in 5 last season.

magic got the addition of vc, barnes, and bass.
they do match up better than anyone else but the magic have a deeper rotation

JiffyMix88
05-08-2010, 11:42 PM
Artests defense is WAY ahead of Arizas. Ariza wasn't a lock down defender, he would get steals but you couldn't count on him to lock someone down.

ariza was a lock down defender in last years playoffs and made it to where kobe never had to play the best player on the opposing team this year artest and kobe have alternated playing d. but yes artest is a far better defender then ariza but ariza played lights out last year in the post season

GspLAL
05-09-2010, 12:02 AM
ariza was a lock down defender in last years playoffs and made it to where kobe never had to play the best player on the opposing team this year artest and kobe have alternated playing d. but yes artest is a far better defender then ariza but ariza played lights out last year in the post season

Dude they switched Kobe on Melo last year cuz Ariza couldn't guard him.

RadiantShot
05-09-2010, 12:24 AM

FACT - The Orlando Magic's defense is better than last years.

FACT - The Orlando Magic's offense whoops last year's offense's ***.

That game could be played all-day long. I don't understand your logic.

RadiantShot
05-09-2010, 12:28 AM

Vince Carter, Matt Barnes, Brandon Bass, Ryan Anderson, & Jason Williams are NOT Hedo Turkoglu, Courtney Lee, Tony Battie, & Rafer Alston.

Even more-so, Jameer Nelson, is NOT Rafer Alston.

We're a much more dangerous team, by miles, with this lineup, over last year's lineup; It's not even close.

We actually cause mismatches with almost every team in the league, because we're such a deep team, and we have so many different threats.

cambovenzi
05-09-2010, 12:49 AM
Vince Carter, Matt Barnes, Brandon Bass, Ryan Anderson, & Jason Williams are NOT Hedo Turkoglu, Courtney Lee, Tony Battie, & Rafer Alston.

Even more-so, Jameer Nelson, is NOT Rafer Alston.

We're a much more dangerous team, by miles, with this lineup, over last year's lineup; It's not even close.

We actually cause mismatches with almost every team in the league, because we're such a deep team, and we have so many different threats.

Most of those guys are nobodies and fairly even replacements.
do you think the 1st group is just sooo much better than the 2nd to where they outmatch the lakers instead of the other way around?

Raph12
05-09-2010, 01:00 AM
Dude they switched Kobe on Melo last year cuz Ariza couldn't guard him.

Melo's too strong, athletic and talented for wing players to guard effectively one-on-one, it takes a team effort.

Ariza was a better team defender, Artest is a much better 1v1 defender, but Ariza's impact on the offensive end was significantly bigger than Ronron's... If LA repeats, it was a good move, if not, nuff said.

JiffyMix88
05-09-2010, 02:25 AM
Melo's too strong, athletic and talented for wing players to guard effectively one-on-one, it takes a team effort.

Ariza was a better team defender, Artest is a much better 1v1 defender, but Ariza's impact on the offensive end was significantly bigger than Ronron's... If LA repeats, it was a good move, if not, nuff said.

preach

rocky4104
05-09-2010, 02:29 AM
of course! they're 7-0 right?

RadiantShot
05-09-2010, 02:32 AM
Most of those guys are nobodies and fairly even replacements.
do you think the 1st group is just sooo much better than the 2nd to where they outmatch the lakers instead of the other way around?

Are you kidding me? The second string of guys doesn't even TOUCH the first group. Otis got a good deal done for us in the off-season, getting rid of the rook Courtney Lee, and signing an experienced veteran in Vince Carter, who might I add, is a ton more useful in the post-season.

Brandon Bass is a young, energetic, low-post presence, with a good offensive arsenal, and on top of that, he can bang.

Ryan Anderson fits our system perfectly. He's just like Shard basically, and he's great at grabbing some boards.

Jameer Nelson over Rafer Alston? That's a given. Jameer Nelson is a better player by miles, and if you can't see that, you my friend, need to get that visine on.

Matt Barnes brings that edgy, tough-nosed, defensive presence that we need, on the court. Without him, I'm not sure what position we'd be in. The energy this guy brings is ridiculous.

Most of these guys aren't "nobodies." Our second bench is actually good enough to probably be a starting 5, itself, if you didn't realize that.

Jason Williams
J.J. Redick
Mickael Pietrus
Ryan Anderson
Marcin Gortat

To answer your question, yes, it's a huge difference. Your bench lacks the depth this year, which is what I think will hurt you in the long run, but at this point, it's anyone's game. Like I said,

"We'll see come June." ;)

cambovenzi
05-09-2010, 02:57 AM
Lakers aren't going to be outmatched by role players and a vince carter/hedo swap.

D Roses Bulls
05-09-2010, 03:58 AM
Lakers aren't going to be outmatched by role players and a vince carter/hedo swap.

you also forgot a healthy jameer nelson and go back the last year and a half, jameer owns the lakers

cambovenzi
05-09-2010, 04:49 AM
you also forgot a healthy jameer nelson and go back the last year and a half, jameer owns the lakers

11-28 with 14PPG in 2 games this season against the lakers.
OMG we were owned:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

JayW_1023
05-09-2010, 04:52 AM
Jameer is a guy that hits big shots when they matter...he is so annoying in the clutch. He is definately better than last season. As are the Magic as a whole.

D Roses Bulls
05-09-2010, 05:06 AM
11-28 with 14PPG in 2 games this season against the lakers.
OMG we were owned:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i said a year and a half, actually make it two years. fisher can never keep up with jameer. oh wait he flops so maybe he can

cambovenzi
05-09-2010, 05:26 AM
i said a year and a half, actually make it two years. fisher can never keep up with jameer. oh wait he flops so maybe he can

lol this is ridiculous.
He had 2 good games against the lakers in the 08-09 regular season.
good for him.

Lets ignore the fact that he wasn't good vs them this year, and in the playoffs last year. :rolleyes:

mgd24oz
05-09-2010, 05:45 AM
i think that the magic are the team to beat in the eastern conference but its hard to say they are the team to beat overall...the lakers are looking pretty strong and its important to keep in mind the competition is a lot tougher in the west...every team in the west won at least 50 games..the magic got a bye in the first round in all honesty