PDA

View Full Version : Amare Says Staying In Phoenix Or Leaving Is 50-50

JordansBulls
05-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Link (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/07/sports/basketball/07suns.html)

If Stoudemire, who has a one-year, $17.7 million option remaining on his contract, declines it by June 30, he will join a glittering free-agent class that includes LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Carlos Boozer and perhaps Dirk Nowitzki.

He could head to Miami with Wade or possibly to New York or Chicago. Then again, he could remain in Phoenix, where he arrived almost eight years ago out of high school.

Even if Stoudemire does not opt out, he will still be looking for a long-term extension, or he will be a free agent next year.

Maybe its making it a little harder for them, Stoudemire said. Its always going to be 50-50. Im not sure whats going to happen, well just have to wait until this summer. But Im not focused on that right now.

PC
05-07-2010, 11:06 AM
If the Suns have a max contract extension on the table, which they reportedly do, I can't see why he wouldn't re-sign

zachsaints52
05-07-2010, 11:08 AM
If he leaves, and Nash and Hill retires, and Suns don't have a lottery pick.... Would this doom the Suns?

king4day
05-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Nash is signed for 2 more years and Hill has the option for next year.
If a max contract is on the table, and we reach the WCF, I can't see why he'd go to another situation.

zachsaints52
05-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Nash is signed for 2 more years and Hill has the option for next year.
If a max contract is on the table, and we reach the WCF, I can't see why he'd go to another situation.

You can retire before your contract is up.... What I am saying is would Nash and Hill keep trying if Amares gone and they don't get anyone else, theres no real shot at a championship then. And if all three left, and if they go far in the playoffs, it would really set the Suns back awhile.

PrettyBoyJ
05-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Depending how far they go really goes a long way into making his decision.. If he's lookin for money then he might as well stay in PHX cuz he'll get the most from them.. but if he wants to win a ring then he cud opt out..

zachsaints52
05-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Depending how far they go really goes a long way into making his decision.. If he's lookin for money then he might as well stay in PHX cuz he'll get the most from them.. but if he wants to win a ring then he cud opt out..

So basically we can say we will know what type of player he is, ala money or rings. Should be interesting.

smith&wesson
05-07-2010, 11:28 AM
sign and trade

bosh for amare

zachsaints52
05-07-2010, 11:36 AM
I don't see how that trade would help either side.... Basically 20 and 10 players switching, and is Pho really big enough market Bosh wants to be in?

Ray_R
05-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Deja Vu?! :confused:

J-Relo
05-07-2010, 11:45 AM
he just said what's obvious

smith&wesson
05-07-2010, 12:19 PM
I don't see how that trade would help either side.... Basically 20 and 10 players switching, and is Pho really big enough market Bosh wants to be in?

It would work out fine for both sides.

bosh would excel playing with nash. and amare can set the hard picks turk needs to create... and amare could put pressure on BC to add another star.

it would be a great trade, neither side loses.

phx is a big enough market for bosh, were not talking lebron here. cmon.

Da Knicks
05-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Good news for the knicks the more free agents the better...

eugene
05-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Nash's age could make an impact... How many years Nash still has left in his tank? 1 or 2? Amare is young and probably would like to join the franchise where he could play for the title in front of young and talented players... Chicago and Miami comes to my mind...

Cracka2HI!
05-07-2010, 02:57 PM
I think he will end up leaving but I believe that he is 50/50 on the matter right now. I can't see any reason Phoenix wouldn't offer him the max. However I wouldn't be surprised if Amare decides another 2 years of Nash isn't enough and hitches his wagon to Lebron, Wade or Rose.

ldc62
05-07-2010, 03:08 PM
50-50 on the Suns part. Amare seems like he is willing to stay, but wants the cash.

Jdawg
05-07-2010, 04:33 PM
I really hope I get to see Amare play somewhere else WITHOUT Nash spoon feeding him. Can you say Marion #2. I think it would be a bad move for the Suns to give him a max contract but they probably will.

AI4MVP
05-07-2010, 05:02 PM
I really hope I get to see Amare play somewhere else WITHOUT Nash spoon feeding him. Can you say Marion #2. I think it would be a bad move for the Suns to give him a max contract but they probably will.

um are u kidding me right now? how many times had amare taken one of ur bigs one on one this series and make him his *****, including tim duncan. of course nash would make anyone better, but it doesnt mean stoudemire is crap without him. as a suns fan thats watched him play for his whole career, you saying that stoudemire is nothing without nash is the equivalent of saying that karl malone is nothing without stockton

thekmp211
05-07-2010, 05:12 PM
It would work out fine for both sides.

bosh would excel playing with nash. and amare can set the hard picks turk needs to create... and amare could put pressure on BC to add another star.

it would be a great trade, neither side loses.

phx is a big enough market for bosh, were not talking lebron here. cmon.

gonna have to disagree. if/when bosh jets the raps need to get 2-3 defensive minded players to put around bargs, hedo, calderon, jack ect. i really like amare and i see what you're saying, but his skill-set is really not going to help this current raptors roster do anything special. plus, he'd probably hate it there.

thekmp211
05-07-2010, 05:14 PM
um are u kidding me right now? how many times had amare taken one of ur bigs one on one this series and make him his *****, including tim duncan. of course nash would make anyone better, but it doesnt mean stoudemire is crap without him. as a suns fan thats watched him play for his whole career, you saying that stoudemire is nothing without nash is the equivalent of saying that karl malone is nothing without stockton

yeah sorry amare doesn't need nash nearly as much as he did earlier in his career. great jumper and confident in the post

Kakaroach
05-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Why would you even talk about this in the middle of the playoffs? Just seems dumb to me.

Duncan = Donkey
05-07-2010, 08:12 PM
He's saying its 50/50 whether the Suns keep him or not.

Its not 50/50 whether he wants to stay.

SOme of you need to read better.

JordansBulls
05-08-2010, 12:20 AM
I'm not sure if I would leave if I were Amare right now.

AirCanada15ORL
05-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Amare is an amazing player. BUt I think he'd only be 3/4s of what he is in Phx. Nash makes him better.

xxcubs22xx
05-08-2010, 02:42 AM
I'm not sure if I would leave if I were Amare right now.

I agree.

I think its easy to see that Amar'e is likely satisfied with the direction the Suns organization has been headed. no real reason not to re-sign.

OA SLAY
05-08-2010, 02:47 AM
sign and trade

bosh for amare

Why would anyone want to go to the MUTHAFOOCKIN RAPTORS!!! Im so tired of these ******** trade ideas.

Duncan = Donkey
05-08-2010, 03:01 AM

Marion #2, lol. you have no clue.

Amare's second year in the NBA. Averged 20.6 & 9 without Nash.

Get Educated.

Duncan = Donkey
05-08-2010, 03:02 AM
sign and trade

bosh for amare

Dont want anything to do with Bosh

cambovenzi
05-08-2010, 03:26 AM
Marion #2, lol. you have no clue.

Amare's second year in the NBA. Averged 20.6 & 9 without Nash.

Get Educated.

He also shot 47%, a good deal lower than what he is at now.

JPHX
05-08-2010, 03:34 AM
Leaving = $$$$..............Staying = Better shot at championship.

ldc62
05-08-2010, 03:47 AM

I agree with you for most part. But again, Nash gets Amare at least 10 pts due to great passing a game. Would you agree?

ldc62
05-08-2010, 03:49 AM
Why would anyone want to go to the MUTHAFOOCKIN RAPTORS!!! Im so tired of these ******** trade ideas.

Maybe its called money? I rather play for the Raptors than the Clippers or a in a city like Milwaukee.

sign and trade

bosh for amare

Hell no.... Amare plays worst D than Bosh.

kArSoN RyDaH
05-08-2010, 04:45 AM
hes not going to stay because the suns are going to miss the finals again. so hes going to want to go to a contender.

JordansBulls
05-08-2010, 08:24 AM
hes not going to stay because the suns are going to miss the finals again. so hes going to want to go to a contender.

Making the Conference Finals means you are a contender.

Duncan = Donkey
05-08-2010, 09:11 AM
He also shot 47%, a good deal lower than what he is at now.

It was his second year in the league, and he was RAW. He had no Jump Shot and his Face Up game wasnt that great.

Now he has a great Mid Range Jumper and is the best Face Up big man in the league.

Seriously....

Duncan = Donkey
05-08-2010, 09:13 AM

So according to you, to be a contender you have to make the NBA finals.

ManRam
05-08-2010, 09:26 AM

:laugh::laugh:

So there are only two teams in the league that are contenders...the two teams that make the Finals?

Haha.

cambovenzi
05-08-2010, 09:30 AM
It was his second year in the league, and he was RAW. He had no Jump Shot and his Face Up game wasnt that great.

Now he has a great Mid Range Jumper and is the best Face Up big man in the league.

Seriously....

So therefore you think nash has no effect on his numbers, and they wouldnt go down without him?:eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

zachsaints52
05-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Leaving = $$$$..............Staying = Better shot at championship.

That is the funniest thing I have read in awhile....

JordansBulls
05-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Well he is in the conference finals again now.

Duncan = Donkey
05-10-2010, 10:00 PM
So therefore you think nash has no effect on his numbers, and they wouldnt go down without him?:eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

Obviousley Nash makes him a better offensive player.
But its not like Amare relies on Nash to be an offensive threat.

Duncan = Donkey
05-10-2010, 10:00 PM
That is the funniest thing I have read in awhile....

Whats so funny?

JordansBulls
05-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Obviousley Nash makes him a better offensive player.
But its not like Amare relies on Nash to be an offensive threat.

Amare can get his without Nash.

mattcribbin
05-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Of course Amare can get his without Nash. They guy is young, in shape, and like Seven feet tall. He's an athlete. But of course Nash is going to make any player better. He'll stay unless a better offer presents itself. Like being on the same team as Lebron.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-10-2010, 10:45 PM
the only other pg that can play that pick/roll with amare is cp3.

mattcribbin
05-10-2010, 10:59 PM
the only other pg that can play that pick/roll with amare is cp3.

Or Dragic in the future. I think Dragic is going to be a force in this league.

SluggeR
05-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Nash makes all players around him better, lets not get it confused. But it aint like he's making "magical" passes to STAT, he basically runs the pick & roll, dribble hand-offs, and he is a willing passer. If STAT hooks up with another willing passer he will be fine, but if he has to go iso for the majority of his points(ala da hawks), he may have some ups n downs. would u wanna hitch your future to kerr, grant hill, and Nash(eventually his age is gonna catch up)? If STAT re-signs with the Suns, he will be back on the trading block in less than 3 years. If I was STAT, I would wait and test free agency...HELL HE DONE WAITED THIS LONG(don't get caught up n da moment).

Mr.WhiteSox
05-10-2010, 11:43 PM
he should play for the yankees

mattcribbin
05-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Amare does not have to trip on Nash leaving. He's got Dragic.

Duncan = Donkey
05-11-2010, 01:07 AM
Amare can get his without Nash.

I know, But Nash makes him more dangerous and efficient.

JordansBulls
05-11-2010, 08:13 AM
I know, But Nash makes him more dangerous and efficient.

Yes, I agree with that.