PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh not making any All-NBA team?

ProdigyI
05-07-2010, 01:39 AM
The guy averaged 24-11. :confused:

Was it because the Raptors stunk it up?

marvILLous
05-07-2010, 01:43 AM
haha probably.. bosh is probably crying right now.. he would kill for these individual accomplishments

Raph12
Answered your own question right there... His lack of defensive intensity and leadership was just icing on the cake.

ldc62
Yes it was... he woulda been the only player on an NBA team to not make the playoffs...

Also I guess Heat and Bulls fans can add this as another [More] sign Chris Bosh is leaving Toronto this Summer.

ldc62
05-07-2010, 01:44 AM
haha probably.. bosh is probably crying right now.. he would kill for these individual accomplishments

The Bosh hate is starting already? Someone shoulda given me a heads up.

mvb815
05-07-2010, 01:45 AM
so bosh with less stats and less leadership on a team with more wins would make one of the all nba teams?

ldc62
05-07-2010, 01:46 AM
^ Yes... if he avg 20 and 9 with the Raps in 4th, he woulda made a team easily.

mvb815
05-07-2010, 01:54 AM
^ Yes... if he avg 20 and 9 with the Raps in 4th, he woulda made a team easily.

by that logic boozer should have made it, it was a snub, don't look so far into it.

Sadds The Gr8
05-07-2010, 02:07 AM
I was wondering why he never made any teams too until I looked at all the players and noticed their all on playoff teams....guess they don't consider him a top player since he never made the playoffs....

clutchski
05-07-2010, 02:17 AM
There's no way he doesn't take Gasol and Amare making it personally. He had a great year and will likely feel he was snubbed because he wasn't on a winning team..even though it's partially justified.

Toenail Clipper
05-07-2010, 02:23 AM
There's no way he doesn't take Gasol and Amare making it personally. He had a great year and will likely feel he was snubbed because he wasn't on a winning team..even though it's partially justified.

no, rather he didn't make his team a winning team.

clutchski
05-07-2010, 02:29 AM
no, rather he didn't make his team a winning team.

As a raptor fan, I can easily say it wasn't all on him.

THE MTL
05-07-2010, 02:36 AM
Lol only more reason to why he wants to get out of Toronto.

But seriously, Amare always gets this "center" nod. Why is he the only pseudo-PF/C who gets this. Duncan basically plays center on his team. And guys like Chris Bosh and Carlos Boozer play center more than the "centers (Bargs/Okur)" on their respective teams.

THE MTL
05-07-2010, 02:40 AM
But I remember when Shawn Marion was snubbed. He averaged 22ppg 12rpg 2.0stlpg 1.7 blkpg. (the season Nash won his second MVP and Amare was injured the whole year). And he only made the All-NBA 3rd team.

Chronz
05-07-2010, 03:09 AM
Bosh has just made history as the most productive player to not make an All-League team

But I remember when Shawn Marion was snubbed. He averaged 22ppg 12rpg 2.0stlpg 1.7 blkpg. (the season Nash won his second MVP and Amare was injured the whole year). And he only made the All-NBA 3rd team.
Who should he have beaten out?

PLAYERS FAN
05-07-2010, 05:51 AM
Answered your own question right there... His lack of defensive intensity and leadership was just icing on the cake.

LOL! McGrady made the ALL NBA SECOND TEAM when the Magic had the worst record in the league:bs:

zachsaints52
05-07-2010, 06:05 AM
Nm thought it was talking first team.

Big Quett
05-07-2010, 06:58 AM
Nm thought it was talking first team.

That is my question. And what player would you take off? Dirk, Duncan, Pau, Bogut, Carmelo, and even Stoudemire for his 2nd half deserve it more than Bosh. Although i would move Bogut to 2nd team ahead of Stoudemire

Hellcrooner
05-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Nba awards wre random.

in 2008-9 Pau Gasol Desrved to be first team and only got to third team.

This year pau gasol was injured for a lot of games in the first half of the season tehn played bad for like two months and only got a grip on his game the last two months so he SHOULDNT be in at all yet makes third team ?

I just dont get it.

mvb815
05-07-2010, 08:53 AM
the fact that everyone is on a playoff team is a coincidence, if miami and toronto swap records and the heat don't make the playoffs, wade would have still made at least 2nd team.

it was a snubbbb

Evolution23
05-07-2010, 09:30 AM
maybe hes just not that good?

Ragun
05-07-2010, 09:42 AM
The Bosh hate is starting already? Someone shoulda given me a heads up.

its probably true and we are raps fans. we love bosh but its time for him to go.

and he didnt deserve to make the team anyway.

Mile High Champ
05-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Its a shame he did not make the team. He played awesome this year, He should be on the ALL NBA 2nd team or even the Third team.

clutchski
05-07-2010, 10:03 AM
maybe hes just not that good?

:eyebrow:

pacofunk64
05-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Well some think he is a little overrated. I am one of those guys who thinks he is still a good player, just not a super star. Then again, he played in Toronto so I never got to see him play much. If he had made the playoffs I might have a different tune.

Hawkeye15
05-07-2010, 10:22 AM
He should have made 3rd team for sure. Kinda ridiculous.

Double_R
05-07-2010, 10:29 AM
When your on a bad team it's easy to have good stats, maybe that is what they were thinking...

Hawkeye15
05-07-2010, 10:35 AM
When your on a bad team it's easy to have good stats, maybe that is what they were thinking...

myth

thescore53
05-07-2010, 10:47 AM
he was on the all nba 2nd team 2 years ago cause we made the playoffs, you have to be really great to not make the playoffs and still get any recognition

Unruly Fan
05-07-2010, 10:50 AM
maybe hes just not that good?maybe you just dont know?

Despite a mediocre second half overall I still say he should've at least made 3rd if not 2nd squad. No homer.

masalex1205
05-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Really yall? Bosh is a great player even if hes not a leader. hes the perfect second option for an alpha male player like lbj, wade, or kobe. its why he looks so good at the olympics

def. deserved to make it, its not like the raps were bottom dwellers, they almost made the playoffs. it is tough to take anybody off that list though

masalex1205
05-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Really yall? Bosh is a great player even if hes not a leader. hes the perfect second option for an alpha male player like lbj, wade, or kobe. its why he looks so good at the olympics

def. deserved to make it, its not like the raps were bottom dwellers, they almost made the playoffs. it is tough to take anybody off that list though

thescore53
05-07-2010, 11:27 AM
^^ double post

ink
05-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Wouldn't he have to play a complete season at the same level to be All NBA? He didn't. He played well until the All Star game and that's it. Doesn't matter what his team was or whether he made the playoffs or any of that. He didn't play a complete season at All NBA level.

thescore53
05-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Wouldn't he have to play a complete season at the same level to be All NBA? He didn't. He played well until the All Star game and that's it. Doesn't matter what his team was or whether he made the playoffs or any of that. He didn't play a complete season at All NBA level.

gasol didnt either

the unknown
05-07-2010, 11:40 AM
i dont think i have ever seen bosh playing center for more than a moment..

so at foward he has to beat lebron?? melo??durant?? duncan?? gasol?? dirk?? 55 win teams

Sly Guy
05-07-2010, 11:46 AM

nor did a'mare.

But mike james isn't on the first nba team, so we all know this is a farce anyway.

PrettyBoyJ
05-07-2010, 11:49 AM
The guy averaged 24-11. :confused:

Was it because the Raptors stunk it up?

yeah pretty much.. you know how the league works u gotta win to be noticed..

PrettyBoyJ
05-07-2010, 11:50 AM
nor did a'mare.

But mike james isn't on the first nba team, so we all know this is a farce anyway.

amar'e is on the second team

Hawkeye15
05-07-2010, 11:50 AM

since when has that mattered?

chad78
05-07-2010, 12:06 PM
I`m sorry but bosh is one of the top 15 players in the nba hands down. The team that he is on shouldnt matter towards individual awards.

ink
05-07-2010, 12:15 PM
since when has that mattered?

It matters when the competition is as high as it is. Interesting thing I just read:

And here's something to consider: In his five years as a mid-season all-star, Bosh has made the year-end all-NBA team once -- in 2006-07, when he was the fourth-leading vote-getter among forwards, on the second team ahead of Kevin Garnett and Anthony. He even received eight first-place votes.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/Bosh+twittering+indecision/2998194/story.html#ixzz0nGEMjXZt

Bosh follows a pattern of play. He's great until the All Star game and then he can't sustain it. In 06-07 he had his yearly injury in January so he changed up the pattern and finished strong. But playing a full season at a high level does factor into the rest when the players that you're competing with are so good. I've never felt he has been unjustly left off the All NBA team. There are better PFs out there and they deserve it more.

Hawkeye15
05-07-2010, 12:37 PM
It matters when the competition is as high as it is. Interesting thing I just read:

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/Bosh+twittering+indecision/2998194/story.html#ixzz0nGEMjXZt

Bosh follows a pattern of play. He's great until the All Star game and then he can't sustain it. In 06-07 he had his yearly injury in January so he changed up the pattern and finished strong. But playing a full season at a high level does factor into the rest when the players that you're competing with are so good. I've never felt he has been unjustly left off the All NBA team. There are better PFs out there and they deserve it more.

fair enough. But Gasol making one of the teams under the same circumstances, only his good play came later, is the same thing to me.

ink
05-07-2010, 12:50 PM
fair enough. But Gasol making one of the teams under the same circumstances, only his good play came later, is the same thing to me.

That part is true, but to me there is no comparison between Gasol and Bosh. I would want Gasol on an All NBA team ahead of Bosh 10 times out of 10. Pau never brings empty stats. He is the consummate team player who is ALSO very efficient and productive. But since I don't want this to become a Bosh vs. Pau thread, I'll say that these are the best overall PFs in the league for me:

Nowitzki
Duncan
Gasol
Garnett (even with the injuries)
Bosh

We can't be homers about this stuff. When you watch what each of those players does with their teams you can see how good they all are. The intangibles separate them, and even on one leg Garnett is better than most. Duncan is the same. He's slowing down but his craft is so flawless and his quiet leadership so effective that he will stay at the top until he retires. Nowitzki is an MVP calibre player. I just don't see Bosh being better than any of those guys.

SluggeR
05-07-2010, 12:57 PM
does this mean he doesn't deserve a max contract?

RueDaTruth
05-07-2010, 01:08 PM
I dont know why everyone is shocked. Bosh is not a franchise player. He is an allstar thats it. He cant carry a team, and the bad part about he has been in the east. Dont get me wrong I'm a fan of Bosh, but he isnt a super star he's an all star. Its only two Superstars this off season and that's James and Wade. The rest are allstars and will get over paid.

thescore53
05-07-2010, 01:18 PM

he never really deserved one, but like johnson and boozer he's gonna get one

Unruly Fan
05-07-2010, 01:20 PM
I dont know why everyone is shocked. Bosh is not a franchise player. He is an allstar thats it. He cant carry a team, and the bad part about he has been in the east. Dont get me wrong I'm a fan of Bosh, but he isnt a super star he's an all star. Its only two Superstars this off season and that's James and Wade. The rest are allstars and will get over paid. That really has nothing to do with anything.

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way defending Bosh however the fact that others have made teams under similar circumstances is somewhat unjust. All in all I think it boils down to fan favorites with the use of playoffs and overall team success as justification.

Evolution23
05-07-2010, 01:23 PM
maybe you just dont know?

Despite a mediocre second half overall I still say he should've at least made 3rd if not 2nd squad. No homer.

maybe Im being unfair, he def deserves all nba 3rd team... who made it above him?

Evolution23
05-07-2010, 01:25 PM
I still dont think hes a max player though.. Will he get one? Ofcourse!

ink
05-07-2010, 01:30 PM

It's a very good question. I think GMs will still see him as a reliable, productive star who can give them elite or near-elite production on a consistent basis. He'll get lots of offers. But I seriously hope the Raptors GM foregoes the temptation to keep building around a weapon instead of a leader. Bosh will be unbelievable as a #2 option where the pressure is off him to be what he is not.

$KnicksAndKobe$
05-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Question: Is Bosh still worth the max this summer? Is Bosh still worth more than Amare this summer?

SluggeR
05-07-2010, 01:45 PM
It's a very good question. I think GMs will still see him as a reliable, productive star who can give them elite or near-elite production on a consistent basis. He'll get lots of offers. But I seriously hope the Raptors GM foregoes the temptation to keep building around a weapon instead of a leader. Bosh will be unbelievable as a #2 option where the pressure is off him to be what he is not.

I like that. I'm at the point that he's a Gasol to a Kobe; that's not a slap to the face(just da truth). Gasol gets it in, but is not made to carry the team. The fact that gasol can win a game for u, makes him that more serious. Last time I checked, Gasol had the griz in the playoffs year after year.I'm not really sure Bosh is better than Gasol...

ink
05-07-2010, 02:12 PM
I like that. I'm at the point that he's a Gasol to a Kobe; that's not a slap to the face(just da truth). Gasol gets it in, but is not made to carry the team. The fact that gasol can win a game for u, makes him that more serious. Last time I checked, Gasol had the griz in the playoffs year after year.I'm not really sure Bosh is better than Gasol...

And I'm not even sure that Bosh is better than Stoudemire, and no one's complaining that Amare was left off the All NBA teams.

tredigs
05-07-2010, 02:18 PM
And I'm not even sure that Bosh is better than Stoudemire, and no one's complaining that Amare was left off the All NBA teams.

Amare was on the 2nd team.

Bosh really didn't deserve to be on a team. He put up great numbers, but the guy is such a rag on D, and if you can't lead your team into the playoffs in the east, then your fans have no excuse to defend you imo. Also, Pau is a better player than Bosh.

slapnutz69
05-07-2010, 02:30 PM
the raps were playing good ball up untill the all-star break and like it seems to do it killed all their momentum then Bosh got injured and the raps went straight down hill from there....moreover most teams would fall back on defence to get through tough stretches the raps played little to no d so when the offence went stagnant, thats when they really hit the wall...

Don P.Belasario
05-07-2010, 02:33 PM
To me all NBA is about character and the ability to make those around you better. If you look at everyone who made the all NBA teams they all made their teammates better. Bosh does not do this and will never do it until he plays with a legit super star i.e. Kobe, Howard, Wade. Then he will make his team better by having a better option when they pass out of the double team.

When I think about it he is a relatively selfish player and does not know how to begin to sacrifice himself on defence.

His character is also extremely questionable. He currently is the biggest media whore in any of the professional sports (taking over for Shawn Avery). I dont think the nBA wants to reward that 'look at me everybody' kind of conduct and nor should they.

I can't wait until he's gone from Toronto and the real Chris Bosh stories emerge. We've seen glimpses from not paying child support, to late night drink offs but his PR people have been very, very good. Mark my word Chris Bosh the person (not the basketball player) is not the nice guy hes worked extremely hard to portray himself as...

Sly Guy
05-07-2010, 02:39 PM
amar'e is on the second team

sorry, I was unclear. I meant a'mare didn't play up to that level for the entire season.

Sly Guy
05-07-2010, 02:40 PM

yes.

Sly Guy
05-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Question: Is Bosh still worth the max this summer? Is Bosh still worth more than Amare this summer?
1.no
2.yes

Chronz
05-07-2010, 02:45 PM
To me all NBA is about character and the ability to make those around you better. If you look at everyone who made the all NBA teams they all made their teammates better.
Not buying the whole "making others better" cliche

Bosh does not do this and will never do it until he plays with a legit super star i.e. Kobe, Howard, Wade. Then he will make his team better by having a better option when they pass out of the double team.
So the only reason your not giving Bosh an individual award is because of his teammates?

ink
05-07-2010, 02:49 PM

Bosh really didn't deserve to be on a team. He put up great numbers, but the guy is such a rag on D, and if you can't lead your team into the playoffs in the east, then your fans have no excuse to defend you imo. Also, Pau is a better player than Bosh.

Haha. My bad. I guess that's why no one was complaining. :D

I agree with the rest of your post.

Don P.Belasario
05-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Not buying the whole "making others better" cliche

So the only reason your not giving Bosh an individual award is because of his teammates?

Right so we should give the award to players who are the most selfish and put up stats but havent done anything to help their team win?

And I am not giving the award to Bosh because he doesn't make anyone on the raptors better. I dont think it was solely the fault of his teammates that they didn't make the playoffs. thats about ownership. Look at Miami and what Wade did with that horrendous roster and ask yourself who had the better team?

mvb815
05-07-2010, 02:56 PM
i agree with the fact that he is a gasol like player and needs a kobe like leader to flourish, but the problem with bosh is that he THINKS he is a kobe like leader in his own head.

wherever he goes next, unless it's under lebron or wade, he will have a really bad chemistry clash

Chronz
05-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Right so we should give the award to players who are the most selfish and put up stats but havent done anything to help their team win?
How about guys who are most deserving? Bosh did alot to help his team win(notice how much they sucked without him), its such a shame he didnt get the same treatment from his teammates more often or they wouldve won more.

And I am not giving the award to Bosh because he doesn't make anyone on the raptors better.
Yea, you faulted his teammates remember. You said how he wouldnt make anyone better until he got better players. Besides its such a useless cliche without any form of backing. Who did Amare make better? **** who did KD make better?

I dont think it was solely the fault of his teammates that they didn't make the playoffs. thats about ownership.
Look at Miami and what Wade did with that horrendous roster and ask yourself who had the better team?
Wade was a 1st teamer, hes a clearly superior player. Why are you comparing him to Wade? Why not compare him to players he should have beaten out, someone like Bogut/Amare.

Amare basically got it for not being in shape the first half of the season, Bogut was so pedestrian during the first half that he didnt even make the all-star team, gos on to injure himself.

They should have put players in their rightful spots rather than rob a player of a clearly great year. I hate Bosh but this might be the omission that gets him on my good side.

Unruly Fan
05-07-2010, 03:20 PM

And I am not giving the award to Bosh because he doesn't make anyone on the raptors better. I dont think it was solely the fault of his teammates that they didn't make the playoffs. thats about ownership. Look at Miami and what Wade did with that horrendous roster and ask yourself who had the better team?

Miami is a good example to counter your statement. Wade got a spot on the FIRST team dispite a mediocre overall team performance this season and early playoffs exit. And I don't really think he's made anyone on his team any "better" per say. Wade had to work extremely hard on his own to get Miami into the playoffs.

ink
05-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Miami is a good example to counter your statement. Wade got a spot on the FIRST team dispite a mediocre overall team performance this season and early playoffs exit. And I don't really think he's made anyone on his team any "better" per say. Wade had to work extremely hard on his own to get Miami into the playoffs.

I agree. Plus DWade is a much better player and plays a position where he can make a bigger impact. In fact, I don't know what's going on inside Bosh's head when he tries to suggest that he somehow belongs in the same class as DWade. Same draft class maybe, but not same talent class at all. Bosh really has to get over that, and I hope the Raptors do too. He's a good player but this is not a snub in any way. There are lots of good players who wish that they were all NBA.

BluejaysFan08
05-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Lol only more reason to why he wants to get out of Toronto.
But seriously, Amare always gets this "center" nod. Why is he the only pseudo-PF/C who gets this. Duncan basically plays center on his team. And guys like Chris Bosh and Carlos Boozer play center more than the "centers (Bargs/Okur)" on their respective teams.

I don't think these kinds of awards mean alot to all players, Bosh may want them, he may not .

Unruly Fan
05-07-2010, 04:11 PM
I agree. Plus DWade is a much better player and plays a position where he can make a bigger impact. In fact, I don't know what's going on inside Bosh's head when he tries to suggest that he somehow belongs in the same class as DWade. Same draft class maybe, but not same talent class at all. Bosh really has to get over that, and I hope the Raptors do too. He's a good player but this is not a snub in any way. There are lots of good players who wish that they were all NBA.
Wanting it is one thing. Deserving it is another. Bosh undoubtly had a good season so the only reason I can see to justify why players like Amare and Bogut get the nod over is because they classify as centers. But heres the problem; I can't really say that Gasol and Duncan did THAT much better (Individually) than Bosh this season.

ink
05-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Wanting it is one thing. Deserving it is another. Bosh undoubtly had a good season so the only reason I can see to justify why players like Amare and Bogut get the nod over is because they classify as centers. But heres the problem; I can't really say that Gasol and Duncan did THAT much better (Individually) than Bosh this season.

IMO Gasol and Duncan are just more complete players, so all things being equal stat-wise, they would get the nod.

JasonJohnHorn
05-07-2010, 07:30 PM
There is no doubt that Bosh had a great season. But look at it this way: there are two SF, and 2 SG on the first team, so Durant took up one of the PF spots straight off. It could be argued that there were 3 SGs. I posted a thread about this.

As for the power forwards that got ahead of Bosh: Duncan, Gasol, Amare, and Dirk.

Amare got snuck in at center (WTF?!?! The guy started every game he played at PF and Frye, Lopez and Collins got most of the minutes at center?!!? It is beyond me what the reason for this is).

But there is an argument for Duncan, Dirk and Gasol all being ahead of Bosh despite he solid season. Zach Randolph also got left of the list despite an impressive statistical season, and Brook Lopez missed out to, despite a solid statistically season. Is it a coincidence that all three of those guys aren't in the playoffs and the forwards that are in the playoffs are a huge reason their respective teams are in the playoffs? I don't think so.

I think that Duncan, Gasol, and Dirk all had better years than Bosh.

Dirk had a higher scoring average, better assist/turnover ratio, and he's a better three point shooter. Duncan has almost a 3-1 assist-to-turnover ration to Bosh' 1-1, and get more assists, is a better defender and a better court leader. Gasol has the highest FG% of the four, and is also a better passer than Bosh and has better rebounding numbers.

I would say: ask yourself this: As good as Bosh is (and he is a great player), would the Mavs, Spurs or Lakers have been better if they had Bosh instead of Dirk, Duncan and Gasol? And would the Raptors have been better this season if they had any of those three players instead of Bosh?

I think the answer is clear. Bosh has an argument statistically, but in terms of what he brings to a team, and making players better, I think its clear that though he has the raw talent and ability, he is not yet where those guys are, and I think the biggest indicator of that is his passing numbers.

I have alot of respect for Bosh, and I wouldnt have had an issue if he had made an All-NBA team, but I think the guys selected above him all have a legit case.

And SERIOUSLY!!!! Why is Amare on the second team as a CENTER?!?!?!!?

ldc62
05-07-2010, 07:55 PM
^ I agree with everything except the swapping players part. The Raptors would be worse with Dirk or Pau.... much worse.

thescore53
05-07-2010, 08:07 PM
so is every star gonna ask for a max contract now

JasonJohnHorn
05-07-2010, 08:09 PM
i agree with the fact that he is a gasol like player and needs a kobe like leader to flourish, but the problem with bosh is that he THINKS he is a kobe like leader in his own head.

wherever he goes next, unless it's under lebron or wade, he will have a really bad chemistry clash

Gasol didnt need Kobe to "flourish", he got two 50-win seasons with the Grizz in a tough west with Mike Miller and Bonzi Wells, no Kobe, no Lamar, no Bynum.

I understand what you are saying: Bosh needs some help.

But its not like Kobe "made Gasol better", Gasol was already one of the best at his position. But he is just a better passer and does all the little things, taking charges, drawing fouls. Offensively I tihnk Gasol has more weapons, but they are both great post players, both great jump shooters, but its teh intangibles and the little things that separate the two.

But seriously, the bottom line is these guys are great players all around and whatever you do, you have to leave a great player off the team.

ChiSox219
05-07-2010, 08:36 PM

Bosh's defense is fine, it's not easily guarding threes guys at once over 50% of your possessions.

Kakaroach
05-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Yeah I thought Bosh was the biggest snub for sure. He played great. No reason he shouldn't have made it.

slack_justin
05-07-2010, 08:41 PM
whatever come to the pistons. we seem to help underwhelming players thrive