PDA

View Full Version : Amare At Center?

DitchDat
05-06-2010, 10:11 AM
The Suns are playing well, but my grandma could out-rebound Ama're right now. This guy is not worth max money AT ALL
on top of that, he doesn't care for defense altogether and will end up more like Jermaine O'Neal (never got it together) than Shaquille O'Neal (impact big man).......

ldc62
05-06-2010, 10:17 AM
thank you.

Iodine
05-06-2010, 10:29 AM
And the point of this thread is?

ShockerArt
05-06-2010, 10:49 AM

His grandma is 6'10" and rebounds like a mofo?

SirCalvin81
05-06-2010, 10:50 AM

that his grandma shouldve been drafted

Big Quett
05-06-2010, 10:50 AM
The Suns are playing well, but my grandma could out-rebound Ama're right now. This guy is not worth max money AT ALL
on top of that, he doesn't care for defense altogether and will end up more like Jermaine O'Neal (never got it together) than Shaquille O'Neal (impact big man).......

I mean i agree with you but like someone said what is the part of this thread? And you kind of pick the wrong time for this thread. With 13 and 11 rebounds in his last 2 games.

Iodine
05-06-2010, 10:52 AM
His grandma is 6'10" and rebounds like a mofo?

that his grandma shouldve been drafted

Ah thank you

thephoenixson28
05-06-2010, 10:56 AM
He is probably still watching the portland series.

R_O_W_E
05-06-2010, 11:01 AM

So does that mean your grandma can out-rebound you? :)

footballer2369
05-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Lol @
Jermaine O'Neal (never got it together)

clutchski
05-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Bargnani?

rabzouz 96
05-06-2010, 11:55 AM
so is dirk, he somehow still got an mvp award though

sunnydayin'zona
05-06-2010, 11:55 AM
he's a great offensive rebounder this year, though. in fact the vast majority of his rebounds are offensive. i suppose he doesnt feel the need to get them on defense as much because he doesnt pad his stats by getting rebounds when the other team is already running back to the other side of the court. but amare is a very good offensive rebounder

PlezPlayDKnicks
05-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Any team would take him for anything slightly short of max money...

HammerHead1
05-06-2010, 12:25 PM
With his style of play, and the way we play, he doesnt really need to focus on rebounding on the defensive end. Grant Hill and Richardson take the boards, push it up the court and Amar'es already up there.

Da Knicks
05-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Really bad timing with this thread Amare is beasting at the moment...

sunnydayin'zona
05-06-2010, 12:46 PM
With his style of play, and the way we play, he doesnt really need to focus on rebounding on the defensive end. Grant Hill and Richardson take the boards, push it up the court and Amar'es already up there.

i agree, better explanation than my post

STAT1
05-06-2010, 01:00 PM
1. Is your grandmas name Larry Johnson?
2. Amares has already had a better career than Jermaine oneal, so I don't understand the comparison.
3. Shaq is a completely different type of player.
4. He does care about defense now. If you've been watching us he's doing good on pick and rolls, rotations, and one on one defense.

CashMoneyCubby
05-06-2010, 01:05 PM
To say he doesn't care about defense is wrong, too. Pretty sure I heard him say he was enjoying defense not that long ago.

king4day
05-06-2010, 01:13 PM

There's about 4 teams on top of the Suns (5 if the Rockets get involved) that will all fight for him and in the end, max money is what will be necessary.

Side note, you should add the [quote] at the end of your sig to fix the broken quote.

Sadds The Gr8
05-06-2010, 01:14 PM
okay?

Niro
05-06-2010, 02:38 PM
come to the warriors we are used to getting outrebounded by 20 every night

Voodoo Alchemy
05-06-2010, 03:12 PM

how much is a guy worth who is the best finisher coming off a pick/roll, has a nice mid-range, can get to the ft line and knock em down, run the floor, take his man off the dribble right to the basket creating a matchup nightmare for a defense who has to double and triple team, decent rebounder/shot blocker and capable of averaging 40 points if he's the primary focus on offense?

i know everyone wants amare to be a shut down defender on top of everything else he does but can you name a pf/c who can do everything amare does and still play d? howard? bynum? garnett? aldridge? the only one that i can think of is dirk because of his versatility and he scores in different ways.

it's so easy to pick apart a players short comings but when you stop and think about it, who could you get that can replace amare's production?

king4day
05-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Another hate fill thread.

David Lee needs to work on his tomahawk jams. I'm gonna create a thread about
it...."like ta hear it here it go" Thank ya very much.

Iodine
05-06-2010, 04:39 PM
how much is a guy worth who is the best finisher coming off a pick/roll, has a nice mid-range, can get to the ft line and knock em down, run the floor, take his man off the dribble right to the basket creating a matchup nightmare for a defense who has to double and triple team, decent rebounder/shot blocker and capable of averaging 40 points if he's the primary focus on offense?

i know everyone wants amare to be a shut down defender on top of everything else he does but can you name a pf/c who can do everything amare does and still play d? howard? bynum? garnett? aldridge? the only one that i can think of is dirk because of his versatility and he scores in different ways.

it's so easy to pick apart a players short comings but when you stop and think about it, who could you get that can replace amare's production?
I lol'd

Raps18-19 Champ
05-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Maybe he's allergic like Bargnani.

Catfish1314
05-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Most of the players who get max contracts aren't worth them. But overpaying happens a lot more often than underpaying. That's just the way the business is.

Amare may not be the best rebounder or the best defender, but he's a very gifted scorer and few big men have hands as good as his.

td0tsfinest
05-06-2010, 05:01 PM
I was pretty shocked when I heard Doug Collins say the leading rebounder on the suns for the post-season was Grant Hill. Number 2 was Jason Richardson.

It`s quite mind boggling.

Gibby23
05-06-2010, 05:03 PM
i know everyone wants amare to be a shut down defender on top of everything else he does but can you name a pf/c who can do everything amare does and still play d? Howard? Bynum? Garnett? Aldridge? The only one that i can think of is dirk because of his versatility and he scores in different ways.

It's so easy to pick apart a players short comings but when you stop and think about it, who could you get that can replace amare's production?

gtfo!

Jaydes
05-06-2010, 05:18 PM
A: You spelled EPITOME wrong....

B: Didn't he grab 11 boards last night?

C: Stat is a top 5 PF in the game

D: Jump out a window

ldc62
05-06-2010, 05:30 PM

I disagree... with their style he should be getting way more off. rebounds. Also Hill and Richardson are going to be running out because in their system they shoot 3s. Amare is relying to much on his Center to get the boards.

theimortalone
05-06-2010, 05:32 PM
LOL @ this thread. :laugh2: Someone is living in the past apparently.

PrettyBoyJ
05-06-2010, 05:40 PM
I mean i agree with you but like someone said what is the part of this thread? And you kind of pick the wrong time for this thread. With 13 and 11 rebounds in his last 2 games.

yeah.. very bad timing.. he still a complete big man tho and he still gonna get the max contract whether we think so or not

nuggetsyankees
05-06-2010, 05:46 PM
don't forget Robin Lopez eats up rebounds and blocks so he doesn't make it necessary for Amare to rebound on Defense

theimortalone
05-06-2010, 05:54 PM
don't forget Robin Lopez eats up rebounds and blocks so he doesn't make it necessary for Amare to rebound on Defense

Agreed. Nail in the coffin.

JasonJohnHorn
05-06-2010, 09:58 PM
I was just wondering why Amare was put on the All-NBA Second Team as a center. He has been starting at power forward all season, like Duncan and Gasol (all three of whom play some minutes at center, but mostly play power forward and start at the power forward position). Lopez and Frye have been starting at center, and in the playoffs Collins has as well, Amare seems to always be at power forward. Frye had 41 starts, Lopez 31, and Collins 10, that equalls 82 starts at center, meaning Amare didnt start at center once all season, so why is he listed as center for the All-NBA team?

Anybody know what's going on there?

Miltown34
05-06-2010, 10:08 PM
they jsut want a star there, Bogut could have had 2nd team all center

Punkindrublic03
05-06-2010, 10:25 PM
It's because Amare is the Center while he's on the floor alot of the time.

spoonhoops
05-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Why does Duncan make the all star game as a center some years?

MacFitz92
05-06-2010, 10:34 PM
The same reason there is two SGs and two SFs on the first team. They seriously should start doing a PG, SG, SF, PF, and C. Dirk should be first team, because he is the best PF in the NBA.

ko8e24bryant
05-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Really off of topic here but....

There's this new song for the
phx suns it's called
"Suns of phoenix"
if your a suns fan you'll really like it!

Here's the Link

http://ktar.com/index.php?nid=138

Bishnoff
05-06-2010, 11:08 PM
I think that there is more of an issue with basically three SG's making the All-NBA 1st Team. Okay, so Durant isn't technically a SG but still, why no PG?

69centers
05-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Why does Duncan make the all star game as a center some years?

Duncan is technically a center but the Spurs have always started him at power foward.

Raph12
05-07-2010, 12:07 AM
They just didn't want to put him on the third team, he and Bogut should've switched places and Timmy/Pau could've been put in at center.

Punkindrublic03
05-07-2010, 12:16 AM
The same reason there is two SGs and two SFs on the first team. They seriously should start doing a PG, SG, SF, PF, and C. Dirk should be first team, because he is the best PF in the NBA.

:laugh:

kjdills13
05-07-2010, 12:23 AM
Really off of topic here but....

There's this new song for the
phx suns it's called
"Suns of phoenix"
if your a suns fan you'll really like it!

Here's the Link

http://ktar.com/index.php?nid=138

i prefer " i kicked a spur" i like that one better haha

abe_froman
05-07-2010, 12:32 AM
why was he center for the allstar team

Miltown34
05-07-2010, 12:35 AM

yup the best PF sitting home....Paul, KG, TD, Amare, Boozer are all playing and ur Boy lost 2 one of those great PF i named lmao

rocky4104
05-07-2010, 06:43 AM

who are you and what have you done to Voodoo?! did you somehow got ahold of his password?

kiddin'! bro.. i agree.. definitely wrong timing for the thread..

DitchDat
05-07-2010, 06:59 AM
A: You spelled EPITOME wrong....

B: Didn't he grab 11 boards last night?

C: Stat is a top 5 PF in the game

D: Jump out a window

he is not top 5

Iodine
05-07-2010, 08:28 AM
yup the best PF sitting home....Paul, KG, TD, Amare, Boozer are all playing and ur Boy lost 2 one of those great PF i named lmao

Right because having an inferior supporting cast means you suck right?

As a Spurs I can easily admit that during the regular season Dirk>All other PF's

Hawkeye15
05-07-2010, 08:33 AM
he's a great offensive rebounder this year, though. in fact the vast majority of his rebounds are offensive. i suppose he doesnt feel the need to get them on defense as much because he doesnt pad his stats by getting rebounds when the other team is already running back to the other side of the court. but amare is a very good offensive rebounder

Great offensive rebounders don't carry a 9.1% offensive rebound rate. He is average or slightly better than average for a so called star player

Hawkeye15
05-07-2010, 08:36 AM
The 1st team all NBA has often picked a SF, and two PF's. And quite often, there are 2 SG's. It doesn't necessarily have to include a traditional PG, SG, SF, PF, C. Two guards, a wing, and two bigs.

Truheatfan
05-07-2010, 08:55 AM
so is dirk, he somehow still got an mvp award though

So true!!

Duncan = Donkey
05-07-2010, 09:01 AM
he is not top 5

Name 5 PF's better than Amare

Hawkeye15
05-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Name 5 PF's better than Amare

obviousy he is a top 5 PF. That is ridiculous

Catfish1314
05-07-2010, 04:29 PM
:laugh:

How is that funny? I mean it's debatable but Dirk's easily top 3 at his position and a top 10 player period.