PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals view Theriot as savior

cowboydoc45
05-06-2010, 03:59 PM
It is a slow news day (read I am very bored at work), and I stumbled across this from the other day...

http://redbirdrants.com/2010/05/01/eye-on-the-enemy-cubs-a-mess-looking-to-shake-things-up-with-castro-theriot/

I couldn't make it halfway through this article without literally pissing my pants. What is the general consensus here? (note the advanced use of AVG, FLD% and cursing of sabermetrics:laugh:)

Diehardcub
05-06-2010, 04:12 PM
I'm speechless.

ReJo
05-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Further proof that anyone and I mean anyone can have a blog

Ron!n
05-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Theriot for Rasmus?

cowboydoc45
05-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Theriot for Rasmus?

Yes please, throw in a Lee for Pujols and a Gorzo for Wainwright

redwhitenblue
05-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Yes please, throw in a Lee for Pujols and a Gorzo for Wainwright
Lee doesn't run hard enough, but I'm sure they'd take Fuld for him.

cowboydoc45
05-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Lee doesn't run hard enough, but I'm sure they'd take Fuld for him.

We can't trade Fuld... we are going to call him up to help begin the "All-Hustle" team... the game will be played during the All-Star game (since none of them will be on the team) :laugh:

CubbieSteve
05-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Boy St. Louis would collectively jizz themselves if Theriot was a Cardinal.

He's their type of player.

gocubs2118
05-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Theriot is the collective glue to this team. Don't trade him under any circumstances.

theSPECIALKID
05-06-2010, 04:50 PM
rofl

cubsneedmiracle
05-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Theriot is the collective glue to this team. Don't trade him under any circumstances.

lololol

scrappy.

darkfire423
05-06-2010, 04:56 PM
to cards fans Hustle is a stat.

Hustle > OPS/HR/SB/Avg combine

right?

Matchstckman
05-06-2010, 04:57 PM
:laugh2: Without Theriot we'd be the Tin Man of baseball. :laugh:

gocubs2118
05-06-2010, 04:59 PM
lololol

scrappy.

You think its funny now but you won't be laughing when he's gone. Total disaster waiting to happen.

man man
05-06-2010, 05:07 PM
hahaha this is awesome. who are these people?

Milnertime
05-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Without Theriot, we'd have no X-factor. And that's even with Xavier Nady on the team.

Cyclone5050
05-06-2010, 05:32 PM
We can't trade Fuld... we are going to call him up to help begin the "All-Hustle" team... the game will be played during the All-Star game (since none of them will be on the team) :laugh:

It's the All-Scrappy team man. C'mon, get it straight. Lol!

scrubs101
05-06-2010, 06:08 PM
The Scrapinator.

CUBDOM4life
05-06-2010, 06:13 PM
I don't like Theriot.

gocubs2118
05-06-2010, 06:15 PM
I don't like Theriot.

You also think David Kaplan is a ****ing ******, so I take everything you say with a grain of salt.

Captain Obvious
05-06-2010, 07:36 PM
You also think David Kaplan is a ****ing ******, so I take everything you say with a grain of salt.

You must have a lot of salt by now.

gocubs2118
05-06-2010, 07:51 PM
You must have a lot of salt by now.

Enough for our taco's on the way to Mexico.

CUBDOM4life
05-06-2010, 07:53 PM

I personally don't think he a ******, that's a quote straight from his mouth :shrug:

DamnGoat
05-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Don't deal Theriot to the Cardinals. Chances are he'd hit .400 and suddenly become the best SS in the NL, seems like what always happens with the Cardinals.

Milnertime
05-06-2010, 10:44 PM
I personally don't think he a ******, that's a quote straight from his mouth :shrug:
Those are the words that come out of his mouth every time he opens it, IIRC.

redbird89
05-07-2010, 12:01 AM
I really don't think we need an infielder. We need someone who can hit, because, for some reason, our guys aren't doing it. But on the infield, Pujols, Ryan, and Freese have been great defensively. Of course, the other guys aren't horrible defensively either. The main thing we need is a more consistent offense, because they can get 10 runs one day and 2 the next. They're unpredictable.

The Cubs are such a mess that they're worried about how to upset they're best player.

:pity:

To be honest, I've heard of this blog, but I haven't read much from them. I normally don't read blogs.

cowboydoc45
05-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Don't deal Theriot to the Cardinals. Chances are he'd hit .400 and suddenly become the best SS in the NL, seems like what always happens with the Cardinals.

I don't think that was the initial intent of the message, more that a certain Cardinals fan feels that Theriot is our best player...

whitekimbo
05-07-2010, 10:47 AM

its called good coaching

Cubs420
05-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Theriot for Rasmus?

I would sign up for that...

Or how about Theriot for Dave Duncan ? Everything that guy touches turns to gold...

sportsman22
05-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Man, you guys were ruthless with that guy lol.
http://redbirdrants.com/2010/05/01/eye-on-the-enemy-cubs-a-mess-looking-to-shake-things-up-with-castro-theriot/#comment-1432

jiggin
05-07-2010, 05:41 PM
who cares? seriously. I could give a rats *** what the cards fans say...hell, I could say all kinds of things about their team that would border on truth pending analysis and perspective.

But would it matter? would they care? I doubt it...and the feelings are mutual.

Milnertime
05-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Man, you guys were ruthless with that guy lol.
http://redbirdrants.com/2010/05/01/eye-on-the-enemy-cubs-a-mess-looking-to-shake-things-up-with-castro-theriot/#comment-1432
Yeah, a few of those are mine.

I look like a dumbass now that he got called up, but whatever. That author is stupid.

sportsman22
05-07-2010, 06:13 PM
haha that's great. you win some you lose some though. no big deal

redbird89
05-08-2010, 03:15 AM
I think part of the reason the author of the blog likes Theriot is because he's the kind of player Tony La Russa likes. La Russa likes players that hustle and are versatile. Tony himself was a bench guy most of his playing career, and he rarely got to play. So he likes to get bench players in the game whenever he can, and he likes to move the position players around the field (except for Albert and Yadi. They don't play other positions. But moving Yadi would be stupid and first base is where Albert is least likely to get hurt.)

If Theriot is the guy that keeps the clubhouse in good spirits, Brendan Ryan is probably the Cardinals version. He's not hitting well right now, but he always seems to have a good attitude. You can go on Fox Sports Net Midwest's website and watch videos that he took in Spring Training with a handicam that the network gave him. One of them he taped Joe Mather running behind and distracting Wainwright during a Jim Rome interview. And Ryan is very good defensively.

From what I've read and heard, though, it seems like the Cardinals players all get along pretty well, though we don't know all that goes on in the clubhouse.

StrandedCub
05-08-2010, 03:37 AM
I think part of the reason the author of the blog likes Theriot is because he's the kind of player Tony La Russa likes. La Russa likes players that hustle and are versatile. Tony himself was a bench guy most of his playing career, and he rarely got to play. So he likes to get bench players in the game whenever he can, and he likes to move the position players around the field (except for Albert and Yadi. They don't play other positions. But moving Yadi would be stupid and first base is where Albert is least likely to get hurt.)

If Theriot is the guy that keeps the clubhouse in good spirits, Brendan Ryan is probably the Cardinals version. He's not hitting well right now, but he always seems to have a good attitude. You can go on Fox Sports Net Midwest's website and watch videos that he took in Spring Training with a handicam that the network gave him. One of them he taped Joe Mather running behind and distracting Wainwright during a Jim Rome interview. And Ryan is very good defensively.

From what I've read and heard, though, it seems like the Cardinals players all get along pretty well, though we don't know all that goes on in the clubhouse.

Yeah it really seems like they get along quite well. The pitching staff seems to be kidding around a lot on their off days and it seems like it would be a loose clubhouse. Except for Jason Motte, I just couldn't see anybody gettin along with that guy. Dude is a headcase and always is twitching and what not. I know Yadi, Pujols, and Lopez always seem to hang out or be joking around though.

I think our clubhouse is pretty loose nowadays too. IMO Xavier Nady and Chad Tracy (now in the Minors) seemed like the only guys who didn't really have great chemistry with the rest of the team. Not saying that they are bad for the clubhouse chemistry but they just seem like the may be a little more to themselves. I could be completely wrong though. As you said, we don't know all that goes on in the clubhouse.

BigRoy
05-08-2010, 12:58 PM
"he has built a reputation on hustle. He sprints down the line every time he makes contact. He has respect for the game and always plays hard. Chicago fans loved ďThe RiotĒ when he came up. Itís always fun to see a pro playing like heís still in the sandlot. How canít you love a guy like that?"

Captain Obvious
05-08-2010, 01:05 PM
How canít you love a guy like that?"

Because he is a mediocre player.

sportsman22
05-08-2010, 01:40 PM
He's better than mediocre. He's a pretty good player. Still, you don't have any respect for his hustle? The article was flawed but Theriot is good for the game. Not everyone can be a star.

thawv
05-08-2010, 02:46 PM
The guy who wrote is an absolute tool. I like the part when he says Theriot is a SS, not 2nd baseman. Theriot was moved to SS from second in 2007! He is/has been playing out of position for 3+ years. DUDE...........HE IS A 2ND BASEMAN.....NOT A SHORTSTOP!!!!! He clearly has second baseman range and arm strength.