PDA

View Full Version : Why do I have a feeling the Spurs are still winning this series

thethingsido4u
05-05-2010, 11:44 PM
:(

ko8e24
05-05-2010, 11:46 PM
I don't see a Robert Horry hip-checking or unfair suspensions being given out, so no, San Antonio will not win the series. It's time PHX got its revenge.

AI4MVP
05-05-2010, 11:50 PM
tim donaghy is not in the nba anymore. suns are winning the series

Duncan = Donkey
05-05-2010, 11:55 PM
im still very nervous. There is no doubt in my mind that Phoenix are a better team then the Spurs. But deep down im still very very nervous

Shady66
05-05-2010, 11:56 PM
^ Agreed

ko8e24
05-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Well, Phx cannot relax in game 3 in San Antonio. Their mentality should be to run the Spurs outta the AT&T Center. Push the ball on EVERY POSSESSION and try to gobble up every rebound in sight to limit San Antonio's possessions. PHX needs to tire out SAS's old ***** (no offense Spurs fans) and Steve Nash and Amare Stoudemire have to be brilliant! Dudley, Frye, Barbosa, Hill, and Richardson need to knock down the wide open 3's.

LA_Raiders
05-06-2010, 12:14 AM
I dont think so, PHX will win in 6...

black1605
05-06-2010, 12:15 AM
i had the suns in the west finals before the playoffs..still do

NetsPaint
05-06-2010, 12:16 AM
Remember the Hornets.

topdog
05-06-2010, 12:20 AM
...because it's happened before

This is a different Suns team though. They are better defenders and better in the halfcourt w/ better bigs than before.

ko8e24
05-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Remember the Hornets.

Yes but NOLA was led by a young and inexperienced Cp3. It was his first exposure to the playoffs, and they were riding high. That Hornets team couldn't win on the road in the Spurs series. After every team won the home game of that series through 6 games, the veteran savvy experienced Spurs won a game 7 in NOLA.

This Suns team is run by an experienced PG in Steve Nash who has already gone through the ups and downs of his playoff career (mostly down against SAS). Worst come to worst, I see a game 7 b/w the two teams, but I'm picking PHX at the end of the day. Steve Nash, in the biggest game, can have a 30 pt-16 asst effort on great shooting percentage to get the W for his team against this Spurs squad.

whitekimbo
05-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Remember the Hornets.

what are hornets?

NetsPaint
05-06-2010, 12:34 AM
Yes but NOLA was led by a young and inexperienced Cp3. It was his first exposure to the playoffs, and they were riding high. That Hornets team couldn't win on the road in the Spurs series. After every team won the home game of that series through 6 games, the veteran savvy experienced Spurs won a game 7 in NOLA.

This Suns team is run by an experienced PG in Steve Nash who has already gone through the ups and downs of his playoff career (mostly down against SAS). Worst come to worst, I see a game 7 b/w the two teams, but I'm picking PHX at the end of the day. Steve Nash, in the biggest game, can have a 30 pt-16 asst effort on great shooting percentage to get the W for his team against this Spurs squad.

Oh, I agree. I think it's a lot different. I was just quoting Pop in the post-game LOL.

The Hornets are my team too. They had a good chance of winning that game 7. If the Suns win one of the next two, I think they have it, especially Game 3 which is gonna be huge for them.

ko8e24
05-06-2010, 12:38 AM
Oh, I agree. I think it's a lot different. I was just quoting Pop in the post-game LOL.

The Hornets are my team too. They had a good chance of winning that game 7. If the Suns win one of the next two, I think they have it, especially Game 3 which is gonna be huge for them.

Nothing against POP, Hall of famer coach and a top 5 of all-time, but dude is a ****n **** when it comes to post-game. I remember when D-Fish hit that .4 shot, the idiot compared that game to the War in Iraq :facepalm:

Sadds The Gr8
05-06-2010, 01:51 AM
because you're a psychic like That's so Raven.

zachsaints52
05-06-2010, 02:05 AM
If the Spurs win the series George Hill will have to come up big.

ldc62
05-06-2010, 02:11 AM
Game 3 is statistically the hardest game to win for a team thats going on the road. But thats why we actually play the games right? Win game 3 and its over...

iggypop123
05-06-2010, 02:22 AM
look at it this way. are the spurs gonna beat the suns 4 out of the next 5 games?

Voodoo Alchemy
05-06-2010, 03:02 AM
look at it this way. are the spurs gonna beat the suns 4 out of the next 5 games?

exactly right. gentry made incremental adjustments during the game:
1. telling his team to hang in there because the suns were going to have their run.
2. he got dudley in there to play balls out.
3. grant hill has been phenomenal defensively on ginobili.
4. exploiting mismatches.
5. pick/roll killed the spurs because they had to decide whether they were going to double amare in the paint or cover the 3 point shooter.
6. the spacing and ball movement to find the open shooters sealed the deal.

JayW_1023
05-06-2010, 04:32 AM
I have yet to see the Suns close the Spurs out.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-06-2010, 04:36 AM
I have yet to see the Suns close the Spurs out.

how do you close out a team if you've only played 2 games? if you want to base it purely on past history, then the spurs should be up 2-0. why can't you just admit the suns are playing their brand of basketball without me sounding like a prick. i'm not saying the suns are better than the spurs. all i'm saying is they are sticking with their game plan and going with what worked for them all season long.

robdizzle3
05-06-2010, 04:43 AM
Teams are supposed to win at home, but it is key for the Suns to get a victory in San Antonio, because I guarantee you this, if the SPurs go back to Phoenix tied 2-2, The Spurs will take the series.

ragee
05-06-2010, 05:16 AM
I have the same stupid feeling which is the reason why I continuously lose money! :mad:

JasonJohnHorn
05-06-2010, 07:39 AM
The Suns are for real. If their regular season record didn't prove it, than their first round victory should have.

But yes, the Spurs are still very much in this series. Frye was 5-6 from three point land and you just can't fairly expect him to play at that level every night. He is not going to knock down 5-6 3's in Texas.

The Suns played great last night. I missed the first fame so I cant comment on that, but the bottom line is their offence poked so many holes in the Spurs defence, between the extra passes to 3-point land, to the Nash/Amare pick and roll, they made the Spurs D look like a highschool team. But anybody watching has to admit that while they deserve credit for dictating the tempo of the game and find holes in the Spurs D, they DID PLAY ABOVE THEIR LEVEL. Like the first game, Nash, Richardson and Frye all shot 50% from behind the arc. Now part of that (and by part I mean most of it) is them getting open looks and flat out beating the Spurs D, which they deserve all the credit in the world for, but part of it is also shooting higher percentages than they normally do.

Pop is one of the best coaches, and he is great in the playoffs because he knows how to respond to match-ups. Switching off the pick and rolls were an issue, there were a couple of Grant Hill/Duncan mismatches late in the game that gave the Suns good clean shots, and a couple of Nash/Amare pick and rolls that gave the Suns easy shots. I expect that Pop will be watching that tape and the the Spurs will be able to respond to those plays with much more efficiency in game three.

Couple with that, some of the Spurs players have been playing below their level. George Hill in game one, which I think was jsut one of those nights where a guy has a bad game, but credit has to be given to the Suns D (yes, I just said credit must be given to the Suns D), and the same can be said last night for Manu. The Suns just played him really well. At the same time there were several plays where Amare looked like a fan watching Duncan score rather than a player who was supposed to be defending him.

The Suns have a strangle hold on this series, no doubt, but it is far from over, and Amare's defensive liabilites will serve to be a huge problem, and letting the Spurs shooting over 50% for most of the game (until they put up some rushed shots in the closing minutes) is not going to win the Suns any games on nights when the Spurs don't (uncharacteristically) give up 18 offensive boards.

If you take those offensive boards down to the number that the Spurs would normally give up, and put Frye's 3-point shooting on his season average, this games would have been won by the Spurs easily. Like the first game against the Mavs when the Spurs gave up way more turnovers than they normally, there were mistakes the Spurs makde themselves that gave the Suns extra chances. And this is not meant as a dis on the Suns, saying the Spurs lost and not that the Suns won, this is just stating a fact: the Spurs don't typically give up than many offensive boards and usually defend the arc better. The Suns deserve all the credit in the world for getting the Spurs out of their game and they earned every extra shot. But game three will see the Spurs and Pop make adjustments that need to be made and I think we will see a very different type fo game that night.

Unruly Fan
05-06-2010, 08:46 AM
because you're a psychic like That's so Raven.lol ^ This ^

The Spurs have a way of sneaking up on you so I won't be surprised.

Lakerfan In NY
05-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Why is it that when a team holds home court, everyone proclaims the series OVER!?! What happened that wasnt suppose too? They won two @ home. So? Its not a series until someone wins on the other team home floor. This is going seven games.

Da Knicks
05-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Lakerfan in NY :cry:

SunsFanIam
05-06-2010, 09:51 AM
We all know the Spurs are built for the playoffs, and we all know they are a great team lead by one of the best coaches of all time but it seems like people love to just root against the Suns.

Every time I look at these forums, it is another person saying the Suns are too weak on Defence, Nash is getting too old, Amar'e can't gaurd this guy or that guy. When do people start giving credit when credit is due?

The Suns have one of the best offencive teams this year and when that didn't go right last night, they buckled down and fought for every loose ball, every rebound, switched and covered on every pick and roll, covered the passing lanes to prevent easy buckets, had great rotation on weak side defence. Flat out they went out there and proved they can compete!

With that being said... No I do not believe the Suns are going to sweap the Spurs. The Spurs are too good of a team to lay down and call it a year. They have too good of a couch. Too good of a system.

Yet I will stick to what I said before this series started... Suns in 5!

G-Funk
05-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Because you want them to win.

MTar786
05-06-2010, 02:23 PM
The suns will win this and get their revenge on the spurs. Then they will lose to LA so LA gets their revenge on phoenix. Then LA goes on to beat boston and get their revenge on the celtics. the NBA.. where revenge happens

Patman
05-06-2010, 02:34 PM
I really hope that the Spurs win that Series or the Championship, but they will have a hard time against the Suns. The Suns have a better defense than many think and Steve Nash seems to be on top of his game. The Role Players of the Suns are playing great. But i still think the Spurs can take this series if they don't get destroyed on the board like in Game 2. Duncan, Mcdyess and Blair should dominate both the offensive and defensive glass, not the other way around.

So lets go Spurs.

Chacarron
05-06-2010, 02:44 PM
I don't see a Robert Horry hip-checking or unfair suspensions being given out, so no, San Antonio will not win the series. It's time PHX got its revenge.

And our turn to get revenge in the next round. :D

Voodoo Alchemy
05-06-2010, 02:47 PM
The suns will win this and get their revenge on the spurs. Then they will lose to LA so LA gets their revenge on phoenix. Then LA goes on to beat boston and get their revenge on the celtics. the NBA.. where revenge happens

touche.

but the lakers already got their revenge on the suns when they went to the finals the past 2 seasons. how much more do you want to beat down on a lesser opponent?

Voodoo Alchemy
05-06-2010, 02:51 PM
I really hope that the Spurs win that Series or the Championship, but they will have a hard time against the Suns. The Suns have a better defense than many think and Steve Nash seems to be on top of his game. The Role Players of the Suns are playing great. But i still think the Spurs can take this series if they don't get destroyed on the board like in Game 2. Duncan, Mcdyess and Blair should dominate both the offensive and defensive glass, not the other way around.

So lets go Spurs.

series is still up in the air. anyone can win it. spurs have to win 4 out of 5, whereas the suns have to win 2 out of 5. i do see a slim possibility the suns could win 1 in san antonio but more than likely, the spurs will even up this series.

ko8e24
05-06-2010, 02:51 PM
And our turn to get revenge in the next round. :D

Unless the Suns still had Marion, Raja Bell, Boris Diaw and Tim Thomas, I wouldn't call it revenge.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Unless the Suns still had Marion, Raja Bell, Boris Diaw and Tim Thomas, I wouldn't call it revenge.

different team, different time, different era.

ElMarroAfamado
05-06-2010, 02:58 PM
because you probably want to be able to say all the spurs related cliches
probably "never underestimate the spurs..."

but they are losing

ko8e24bryant
05-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Suns are just too good
for the San Antonio Spurs.
The suns will win in 5
WCF will be Lakers Vs Suns
Its gonna be an exciting series!

ko8e24bryant
05-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Suns beat them
in their Run n Gun style
and they beat them in game 2
in San Antonio's half court style

Voodoo Alchemy
05-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Suns beat them
in their Run n Gun style
and they beat them in game 2
in San Antonio's half court style

but if you look at the numbers, they aren't a fast breaking team. well they sort of are because they run after misses but that's only to prevent the opposing team from setting up their offense. in the past, they let teams score because they wanted the ball back so they can score. you know, they sco, we sco (never mind, you're probably too young to know what i'm talking about).

this year, they are running after they rebound, as a result of playing good defense. the suns are also taking away someone's game. in the portland series, they limited andre miller and made aldridge beat them. in the spurs series, they are not allowing a 4th scorer to take off.

SteveNash
05-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Spurs are done, they were lucky to beat Dallas.

ko8e24
05-06-2010, 03:36 PM

It's all about matchups.

SteveNash
05-06-2010, 03:39 PM
It's all about matchups.

The Spurs match up with father time.

Raph12
05-06-2010, 04:40 PM
I never count the Spurs out, I think they could still pull it out in 7.

theimortalone
05-06-2010, 05:57 PM
:(

Seriously? :rolleyes: What the hell are you talking about?

Duncan = Donkey
05-06-2010, 08:39 PM
The Suns are for real. If their regular season record didn't prove it, than their first round victory should have.

But yes, the Spurs are still very much in this series. Frye was 5-6 from three point land and you just can't fairly expect him to play at that level every night. He is not going to knock down 5-6 3's in Texas.

The Suns played great last night. I missed the first fame so I cant comment on that, but the bottom line is their offence poked so many holes in the Spurs defence, between the extra passes to 3-point land, to the Nash/Amare pick and roll, they made the Spurs D look like a highschool team. But anybody watching has to admit that while they deserve credit for dictating the tempo of the game and find holes in the Spurs D, they DID PLAY ABOVE THEIR LEVEL. Like the first game, Nash, Richardson and Frye all shot 50% from behind the arc. Now part of that (and by part I mean most of it) is them getting open looks and flat out beating the Spurs D, which they deserve all the credit in the world for, but part of it is also shooting higher percentages than they normally do.
Pop is one of the best coaches, and he is great in the playoffs because he knows how to respond to match-ups. Switching off the pick and rolls were an issue, there were a couple of Grant Hill/Duncan mismatches late in the game that gave the Suns good clean shots, and a couple of Nash/Amare pick and rolls that gave the Suns easy shots. I expect that Pop will be watching that tape and the the Spurs will be able to respond to those plays with much more efficiency in game three.

Couple with that, some of the Spurs players have been playing below their level. George Hill in game one, which I think was jsut one of those nights where a guy has a bad game, but credit has to be given to the Suns D (yes, I just said credit must be given to the Suns D), and the same can be said last night for Manu. The Suns just played him really well. At the same time there were several plays where Amare looked like a fan watching Duncan score rather than a player who was supposed to be defending him.

The Suns have a strangle hold on this series, no doubt, but it is far from over, and Amare's defensive liabilites will serve to be a huge problem, and letting the Spurs shooting over 50% for most of the game (until they put up some rushed shots in the closing minutes) is not going to win the Suns any games on nights when the Spurs don't (uncharacteristically) give up 18 offensive boards.

If you take those offensive boards down to the number that the Spurs would normally give up, and put Frye's 3-point shooting on his season average, this games would have been won by the Spurs easily. Like the first game against the Mavs when the Spurs gave up way more turnovers than they normally, there were mistakes the Spurs makde themselves that gave the Suns extra chances. And this is not meant as a dis on the Suns, saying the Spurs lost and not that the Suns won, this is just stating a fact: the Spurs don't typically give up than many offensive boards and usually defend the arc better. The Suns deserve all the credit in the world for getting the Spurs out of their game and they earned every extra shot. But game three will see the Spurs and Pop make adjustments that need to be made and I think we will see a very different type fo game that night.

Game 2 was nothing like that though.

PHX only shot 42% from the field. And the Spurs shot 50%. Game 2 was one cause we had more energey and our Bench completley dominated and turned the game around. Also our offensive rebounding was also dominant.

I do agree though that the series is far from over

evadatam5150
05-06-2010, 10:53 PM
We all know the Spurs are built for the playoffs, and we all know they are a great team lead by one of the best coaches of all time but it seems like people love to just root against the Suns.

Every time I look at these forums, it is another person saying the Suns are too weak on Defence, Nash is getting too old, Amar'e can't gaurd this guy or that guy. When do people start giving credit when credit is due?

The Suns have one of the best offencive teams this year and when that didn't go right last night, they buckled down and fought for every loose ball, every rebound, switched and covered on every pick and roll, covered the passing lanes to prevent easy buckets, had great rotation on weak side defence. Flat out they went out there and proved they can compete!

With that being said... No I do not believe the Suns are going to sweap the Spurs. The Spurs are too good of a team to lay down and call it a year. They have too good of a couch. Too good of a system.

Yet I will stick to what I said before this series started... Suns in 5!

Not to be rude but -

When the Suns actually WIN something like a title, proving that they're the best then I will give them respect.. Not because every bleeding heart Suns fans say's we should respect them, that they're the best, that they're record justifies their greatness (not even the best record in the league mind you).. I could go on and on and on.. Nothing personal against the Suns at all, what's maddening is listening to Suns fan tell everyone in this forum that we HAVE to respect them when we don't..

Ok so your defense is better and you had a decent record.. So what.. Your team still needs to win that trophy to get those best in the game props and they haven't won anything yet.. I'll tell you what, I respect how they're playing and they seem to really be gelling right now and have just as good a shot as anyone to win this thing (my guess is that they wont though).. But I don't have to respect them as the best until they prove they're the best.. Plain and simple..

dodie53
05-07-2010, 02:20 AM
the suns will win in 5

Toenail Clipper
05-07-2010, 02:22 AM
the suns will win in 5

opo.

JiffyMix88
05-07-2010, 02:57 AM
cocaine is a hell of a drug

Voodoo Alchemy
05-07-2010, 03:12 AM
Not to be rude but -

When the Suns actually WIN something like a title, proving that they're the best then I will give them respect.. Not because every bleeding heart Suns fans say's we should respect them, that they're the best, that they're record justifies their greatness (not even the best record in the league mind you).. I could go on and on and on.. Nothing personal against the Suns at all, what's maddening is listening to Suns fan tell everyone in this forum that we HAVE to respect them when we don't..

Ok so your defense is better and you had a decent record.. So what.. Your team still needs to win that trophy to get those best in the game props and they haven't won anything yet.. I'll tell you what, I respect how they're playing and they seem to really be gelling right now and have just as good a shot as anyone to win this thing (my guess is that they wont though).. But I don't have to respect them as the best until they prove they're the best.. Plain and simple..

i don't think he's saying respect in the sense that they are going to win the title. he's saying give the suns credit because they deserve it. you may not like the suns or the fans but how can you not admire what the suns overcame last season to be where they are today?

Big Quett
05-07-2010, 03:33 AM
i don't think he's saying respect in the sense that they are going to win the title. he's saying give the suns credit because they deserve it. you may not like the suns or the fans but how can you not admire what the suns overcame last season to be where they are today?

Where are they? In the 2nd round? Im sorry but that is not an accomplishment yet....We have seen this before from the Suns and Mavs. I mean i am rooting for them like crazy but THIS Phoenix team has never won anything. You want respect well earn it. If you win people will have to respect you.

thephoenixson28
05-07-2010, 03:34 AM
i don't think he's saying respect in the sense that they are going to win the title. he's saying give the suns credit because they deserve it. you may not like the suns or the fans but how can you not admire what the suns overcame last season to be where they are today? Exactly a lot of people had the suns not even making the playoffs, let alone the 2nd round. He is just trying to say this team isn't your typical I will outscore kind of team anymore. They also play defense. It doesn't matter evadatam5150 you don't have to respect us. Cuz I didn't know you had to respect a team only if you have won a championship.

thephoenixson28
05-07-2010, 03:41 AM
Where are they? In the 2nd round? Im sorry but that is not an accomplishment yet....We have seen this before from the Suns and Mavs. I mean i am rooting for them like crazy but THIS Phoenix team has never won anything. You want respect well earn it. If you win people will have to respect you. I'm not jumping to conlusions, but if we make it the the WCF that is a big accomplishment for us. Cuz like I said people didn't even have us making the playoffs. You have to at least give us repect there.

JayW_1023
05-07-2010, 04:17 AM
If the Spurs win game 3 anything can happen.

tdunk21
05-07-2010, 08:31 AM
its funny how some people think series is over ....

JayW_1023
05-07-2010, 12:23 PM
how do you close out a team if you've only played 2 games? if you want to base it purely on past history, then the spurs should be up 2-0. why can't you just admit the suns are playing their brand of basketball without me sounding like a prick. i'm not saying the suns are better than the spurs. all i'm saying is they are sticking with their game plan and going with what worked for them all season long.

Bah! Of course I'm admitting the Suns are playing great ball. How could I not after what we've seen so far this series. But if you expect me to give up on my team in a 2-0 hole going to At&T Centre you are mistaken.

SunsFanIam
05-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Not to be rude but -

I am not saying any of that. I just see people giving the bucks, thunder, blazers, utah, dallas, Denver respect. Why do people not give the suns credit they have had a great season, specially for a team that was said not to even make the playoffs. I am not going to say they are going to win it all this year. I think the lakers will beat us in the WCF but the Suns got hot at the right moment and they deserve some respect for doing as well as they have this year..

Also by your terms you can not give it to magic, or the cavs then these are the teams that I looked up that dont have a championship and seen get mad respect on here

Charlotte - Bobcats

Charlotte/New Orleans - Hornets

Indiana - Pacers (Won ABA)

New Jersey - Nets (won ABA as Oakland Oaks)

New Orleans/Utah - Jazz

Toronto - Raptors

Minnesota - Timberwolves

Cleveland- Cavaliers

Memphis - Grizzlies

Dallas - Mavericks

Denver - Nuggets

Orlando - Magic

Phoenix - Suns

San Diego/Los Angeles - Clippers

So why do they get the respect?

eugene
05-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Suns better not to relax...

thephoenixson28
05-07-2010, 01:06 PM
its funny how some people think series is over .... Nobodys looking past the spurs cuz we know what they are capable of doing. Tell me what suns fan is saying this series is over. We know that we have to win 4 games to win the series. Like SunsfanIam is saying just give us respect cuz this suns team is not going to lay down for no team, and it showed with these first 2 games. People laughed at me cuz I told them that they would be a top 5 team in the Western Conference. Now they are in the 2nd round of the playoffs with a 2-0 lead with 2 more wins to advance. A lot of people should man up admit they were wrong, and that's giving respect to a team. Also everyone didn't think they would be a devensive team either.

SunsFanIam
05-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Nobodys looking past the spurs cuz we know what they are capable of doing. Tell me what suns fan is saying this series is over. We know that we have to win 4 games to win the series. Like SunsfanIam is saying just give us respect cuz this suns team is not going to lay down for no team, and it showed with these first 2 games. People laughed at me cuz I told them that they would be a top 5 team in the Western Conference. Now they are in the 2nd round of the playoffs with a 2-0 lead with 2 more wins to advance. A lot of people should man up admit they were wrong, and that's giving respect to a team. Also everyone didn't think they would be a defensive team either.

:clap: the series is far far far from over..

JayW_1023
05-07-2010, 01:12 PM

Despite the Spurs beating the Suns 4 times in postseason the past decade...I have never ever counted them out in any of those series the way you are counting out the Spurs. I have always respected the Suns.

Meanwhile, you're acting like a pathetic little person.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Where are they? In the 2nd round? Im sorry but that is not an accomplishment yet....We have seen this before from the Suns and Mavs. I mean i am rooting for them like crazy but THIS Phoenix team has never won anything. You want respect well earn it. If you win people will have to respect you.

going from a lottery team to playing in the 2nd round isn't an accomplishment? try convincing that theory to steve kerr who won championships and played with the greatest player. he's totally sees this year a complete success. you see, as fans, it's easy to say stuff like that.

that's like someone telling you you're a failure in life because you didn't graduate from harvard, you're not a doctor, you don't have millions in your bank account.

do you think kobe accomplished more than dwade because he has more rings? if that holds true, then robert horry accomplished more than kobe because he has 7.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Bah! Of course I'm admitting the Suns are playing great ball. How could I not after what we've seen so far this series. But if you expect me to give up on my team in a 2-0 hole going to At&T Centre you are mistaken.

who said anything about you giving up on your team? the nets fans haven't given up on their team either. all i said was the suns are playing their brand of basketball which is score, hit 3's, defend, rebound and whoop that azz.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Despite the Spurs beating the Suns 4 times in postseason the past decade...I have never ever counted them out in any of those series the way you are counting out the Spurs. I have always respected the Suns.

Meanwhile, you're acting like a pathetic little person.

yes, we americans, who live in the best country in the world, most wealthy and most powerful surely are little pathetic people. we shall surely bow down to the all mighty europeans.

JayW_1023
05-07-2010, 01:20 PM
yes, we americans, who live in the best country in the world, most wealthy and most powerful surely are little pathetic people. we shall surely bow down to the all mighty europeans.

I'm half American myself...and proudly so :P

thephoenixson28
05-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Suns better not to relax... Amare said it best. They slept on portland and it could've ended bad. But now the suns know what they are up against. So they won't relax on anything.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-07-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm half American myself...and proudly so :P

don't know how you can worship 2 gods.

smith&wesson
05-07-2010, 01:51 PM
phx all the way baby. my fav team to watch in the playoffs so far.

Punkindrublic03
05-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Suns have to match AND display more energy and intensity for game three. It will be tough to win, but I believe the Suns can pull it off if they come out ready to play and avoid any early game shenanigans causing them to fall behind right off the bat. I could see the Suns going up 3-0. This is for reals, yo.

The Final Boss
05-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Doesn't matter who wins...they're just going to get crushed in 5 in the next series.

tdunk21
05-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Nobodys looking past the spurs cuz we know what they are capable of doing. Tell me what suns fan is saying this series is over. We know that we have to win 4 games to win the series. Like SunsfanIam is saying just give us respect cuz this suns team is not going to lay down for no team, and it showed with these first 2 games. People laughed at me cuz I told them that they would be a top 5 team in the Western Conference. Now they are in the 2nd round of the playoffs with a 2-0 lead with 2 more wins to advance. A lot of people should man up admit they were wrong, and that's giving respect to a team. Also everyone didn't think they would be a devensive team either.

that user named "SteveNash"....

no one disrespected u or any suns fan...if any spurs fan did then i apologise on their behalf....as far as i am concerned i gave credit to the suns on their home victories....

Voodoo Alchemy
05-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Doesn't matter who wins...they're just going to get crushed in 5 in the next series.

typical homeboy. after you wash your car and polish your rims this weekend, are you going to get out your yellow and purple laker banners and drive around town?

thephoenixson28
05-07-2010, 02:10 PM
that user named "SteveNash"....

no one disrespected u or any suns fan...if any spurs fan did then i apologise on their behalf....as far as i am concerned i gave credit to the suns on their home victories.... SteveNash isn't a fan of the Phoenix suns. I think he is a fan of steve nash. I never see him post in the phoenix forums. At least I think he is not.

ballpd05
05-07-2010, 02:15 PM
It's all about matchups. The Spurs need more athletic and mobile big men. The speed, quickness, and perimeter shooting is giving the spurs problems. Portland did a better job bcuz Camby and Aldridge move their feet quick enough to recover on Phoenix's posts. That's the beauty of having versatile players.

Thats why if the suns win the lakers will beat them. They can come in with Lamar Odom to help defend the perimeter and Pau Gasol (at least to me) looks like he is a little bit of foot speed (at least enough to cover Fry which Duncan, Blair, McDyess, and Bonner don't have).

spoonhoops
05-07-2010, 02:28 PM
It is definitely far from over, but can't we as fans, will the Phoenix Suns to the WCF? Nobody in the US wants the Spurs to make it (except for San Antonio) to the WCF.

PrettyBoyJ
05-07-2010, 02:47 PM
I like the suns.. but you cud never count out the spurs.. they've been in this position before.. if they suns can win one in SA then series is over

leftie5
05-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Maybe because the Spurs are a pretty good team and crazier stuff has happened between the teams. Nothing would surprise me anymore. I just hope Phoenix can win it, but the series is far from over.