PDA

View Full Version : If Cleveland Loses To Boston, Where Would Their Choke Rank All-Time?

R_O_W_E
05-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Right now its 1-1 with the next 2 games coming up in Boston. For the sake of discussion, if Boston went on to win the series 4-1 over Cleveland.

Would it be considered a choke on Cleveland's end, and where would the choke rank All-Time?

We're talking about the best team in the NBA with the NBA MVP possibly losing a 2nd round series to an aging Celtics team.

Raph12
05-05-2010, 07:06 PM
It would tell me that Lebron and co weren't hungry enough to go all out, one thing about the Celts is that when they're on the court, the give it everything they got... If they lose, Lebron will bolt.

Catfish1314
05-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Not near the top IMO. Because the Celtics, even in their "old" condition, are still a very good team. Cleveland knows it.

R_O_W_E
05-05-2010, 07:09 PM
It would tell me that Lebron and co weren't hungry enough to go all out, one thing about the Celts is that when they're on the court, the give it everything they got... If they lose, Lebron will bolt.

If they lose, the excuse will be LeBron's elbow. Which I think is unfair considering LeBron even with a slightly injured arm is still as good of a player when hes 100%.

Those same people who make excuses for LeBron, then look at Kobe battling even more serious injuries and say hes just getting old.

Raph12
05-05-2010, 07:16 PM
If they lose, the excuse will be LeBron's elbow. Which I think is unfair considering LeBron even with a slightly injured arm is still as good of a player when hes 100%.

Those same people who make excuses for LeBron, then look at Kobe battling even more serious injuries and say hes just getting old.

There is no excuse, if he's on the court, he's liable.

Personally, I think it's a mental thing with him, as soon as they got close to the Celts series, it really started to bother him. After, arguably, the best series of his career, he closed it with a weak game, where he shot the final FT with his off-arm and now he's going to have his second MRI... Sounds like a choke job to me.

GspLAL
05-05-2010, 07:21 PM
There is no excuse, if he's on the court, he's liable.

Personally, I think it's a mental thing with him, as soon as they got close to the Celts series, it really started to bother him. After, arguably, the best series of his career, he closed it with a weak game, where he shot the final FT with his off-arm and now he's going to have his second MRI... Sounds like a choke job to me.

Funny sig :D

justinnum1
05-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Let's see. How many championships has Lebron won?

Pierzynski4Prez
05-05-2010, 07:28 PM
It wouldn't be as big of a choke as you're making it out to be. The Celtics are fully healthy, and when they are all healthy they are just as dangerous as the Cavs. Yes some of them are aging, but some of them are getting better, and they are deep off the bench too. So it's really not a choke at all. And I do hate the Celtics a little more than I hate the Cavs.

ko8e24
05-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Media would say it was because of the elbow.

/thread

hugepatsfan
05-05-2010, 07:36 PM
How can we say before we even see how they lose (not saying they will)?

Pierzynski4Prez
05-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Media would say it was because of the elbow.

/thread

Which is why this whole "elbow injury" was made up

iGoAT
05-05-2010, 07:43 PM
It wouldn't be as big of a choke as you're making it out to be. The Celtics are fully healthy, and when they are all healthy they are just as dangerous as the Cavs. Yes some of them are aging, but some of them are getting better, and they are deep off the bench too. So it's really not a choke at all.

/thread.

Giantwarrior
05-05-2010, 07:47 PM
they wont lose to the celtics.

KBfrom8to24
05-05-2010, 07:52 PM
they wont lose to the celtics.

Just like last season, they won't lose to the Magic?

Hellcrooner
05-05-2010, 07:53 PM
**** happens

And losing to a rpevious champion wich still is in the window is nothing compared to say being elimianted by the eight seed.

nd of course the elbow will serve as an excse.

ElFuturoDeESPN
05-05-2010, 08:05 PM
**** happens

And losing to a rpevious champion wich still is in the window is nothing compared to say being elimianted by the eight seed.

nd of course the elbow will serve as an excse.

When it comes to a superstar player like LeBron in a situation like that, OF COURSE they are going to use that as an excuse.

ko8e24
05-05-2010, 08:28 PM
I never envisioned the word "ELBOW" overshadowing the 2010 NBA Playoffs. :facepalm:

Eagles4Lyfe
05-05-2010, 08:37 PM
wttf people are acting like the cavs are miles better than the celtics..Celtics rape them at every position except maybe a couple..How is that a fluke here people go again thinkin lebron has kobes capabilities LMAO

ko8e24
05-05-2010, 08:40 PM
wttf people are acting like the cavs are miles better than the celtics..Celtics rape them at every position except maybe a couple..How is that a fluke here people go again thinkin lebron has kobes capabilities LMAO

I think it's a matter of 2 straight yrs of best record in the NBA, with 2 consective league MVPs for LeBron, with no title to show of it. One yr, losing to Orlando, and the next yr, losing to a Celtics team that everyone thought would make "noise" in the playoffs but not really beat Orlando or Cleveland due to injuries and age.

JJ_JKidd
05-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Stern would not allow that to happen... If the Cavs would indeed lose we have a new phrase "Witness 6 Years of Lebron the NBA's Baby, but Still Without a Ring."

JasonJohnHorn
05-05-2010, 09:44 PM
It wouldnt be that bad. It is Boston they are playing against, and they have 3, or maybe even 4 HOFers, maybe even five (if Wallace and Rondo get in- which is a possibility).

The Celtics are a championship team, so losing to them doesnt count as a choke in my book. When Houston repeated in 95, nobody really said the teams they beat "choked", even though they didnt have home court in a single series.

This would be the same here. Boston has proved they could win it all already.

albertc86
05-05-2010, 09:47 PM
I'm not a fan of Cleveland but how would it be considered a choke if they lost to the Celtics? I mean, come on; it's the Celtics.

Penetra8r
05-05-2010, 09:50 PM
It would be a big choke if Lebrons elbow is not a factor.

If Lebron is hurt then thats all part of the game.

Magic Johnson went down and we got swept by the Michael Jordan Bulls, 4 - 0.

mikantsass
05-05-2010, 09:52 PM
If they lost to the Bulls, that would have been a choke. Not to a top 3-4 team in the league.

ko8e24
05-05-2010, 09:54 PM
It would be a big choke if Lebrons elbow is not a factor.

If Lebron is hurt then thats all part of the game.

Magic Johnson went down and we got swept by the Michael Jordan Bulls, 4 - 0.

I don't recall that. You mean Big Game James Worthy went down and the Lakers, after stealing game 1 with Big Smooth Sam Perkin's 3 pointer in Chicago, lost the next 4, losing 4-1.

heathonater
05-05-2010, 09:55 PM
it would be a massive disappointment if cleveland lost to boston. but not one of the biggest choke jobs ever because just two year ago this team won the nba title. the celtics are an older team, but the big difference between the regular season and postseason is that veteran teams tend to jog through the regular season and crank it up in the playoffs.

avrpatsfan
05-05-2010, 09:59 PM
No the Celtics are a great team. Golden State over Dallas is one of the biggest.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-05-2010, 10:07 PM
shocked this wasn't a JB thread

Becks2307
05-05-2010, 10:08 PM
2 years....2 mvps...2 number 1 seeds...2 60 win seasons and no title...yikes

topdog
05-05-2010, 10:33 PM
This is exactly what the Celts played the season for. They weren't great during the year because they were saving their aged bodies for a championship run. They're not "too old," their veteran superstars.

ryder78c
05-05-2010, 11:03 PM
if the cav's lost i think LBJ is gone! but if the cav's win LBJ stays

no its not a choke unless lebron plays like garbage the whole series

magicdouglas
05-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Right now its 1-1 with the next 2 games coming up in Boston. For the sake of discussion, if Boston went on to win the series 4-1 over Cleveland.

Would it be considered a choke on Cleveland's end, and where would the choke rank All-Time?

We're talking about the best team in the NBA with the NBA MVP possibly losing a 2nd round series to an aging Celtics team.

The answer is no this would not be considered Cleveland's biggest choke. That designation belongs to the 1988 Cleveland Browns. 1st and goal on the three and they fumble :facepalm: No losing to Boston fails to compare considering this isn't the ECF or the AFC championship game.