PDA

View Full Version : Laker fans keep voting Kobe into everything despite dismal season performance.

fairandbalanced
05-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Kobe Bryant was voted into NBA defensive first team again, Wade second team. This is the third straight season Wade has bested Kobe defensively but L.A fans seems to care more about their love for Kobe even though he clearly does not even deserve it over Wade this season. If Wade continues on his current defensive mode, he will hold the all time record for blocks by a guard but he still has not crack this first team yet.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/05/05/all.defense/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Raph12
05-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Wouldn't say since he came in, but he's definitely deserved to be there once or twice by now.

fairandbalanced
05-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Wouldn't say since he came in, but he's definitely deserved to be there once or twice by now.

it's just a damn shame....what more should the guy do?

KeithLBC
05-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Wade is better than Kobe defensively, Laker fans ignorance is killing the NBA credibility. There is no damn way Kobe should be on the first, or even second team this season.

What do you know about credibility?

While I'd agree that Wade is a better team defender, I still don't think he's passed Kobe as an individual defender.

D Roses Bulls
05-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Kobe Bryant was voted into NBA defensive first team again, Wade second team. This is the third straight season Wade has bested Kobe defensively but L.A fans seems to care more about their love for Kobe even though he clearly does not even deserve it over Wade this season. If Wade continues on his current defensive mode, he will hold the all time record for blocks by a guard but he still has not crack this first team yet.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/05/05/all.defense/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

good rant and its true. its like voting grant hill into the all star game, HE DOESN'T belong there.

fairandbalanced
05-05-2010, 03:35 PM
What do you know about credibility?

While I'd agree that Wade is a better team defender, I still don't think he's passed Kobe as an individual defender.

It's just sad that despite all he's done, he has not even been voted into NBA first team for anything yet. Whew, such hating going on.

SteveNash
05-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Wade's defense is overrated and the defensive teams have always been a joke.

KeithLBC
05-05-2010, 03:39 PM
It's just sad that despite all he's done, he has not even been voted into NBA first team for anything yet. Whew, such hating going on.

So, just because Wade's never made it as an NBA first team player, he should be recognized as one because of all the other things he's accomplished? How about becoming a better player than the guy that's voted in ahead of him?

It's funny that you think people are hating just because they don't share the same view as you.

fairandbalanced
05-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Wade's defense is overrated and the defensive teams have always been a joke.

Guards
Blocks
Wade #1
Kobe #25

Steals
Wade #4
Kobe #9

Efficiency
Wade #2
Kobe#3

Wade is more efficient with a horrible team.....where is the damn love?

Gibby23
05-05-2010, 03:41 PM
good article and its true. its like voting grant hill into the all star game, HE DOESN'T belong there.

The article that you thought was so good, was a release on the 1st and 2nd NBA Defensive teams. Glad you thought it was good.

To the OP, the fans don't vote for this, the voting panel consisted of the NBA's 30 head coaches. So, you failed.

spoonhoops
05-05-2010, 03:42 PM
They are both great defenders and Wade will get his, but it may not be at least for another season or two.

fairandbalanced
05-05-2010, 03:43 PM
The article that you thought was so good, was a release on the 1st and 2nd NBA Defensive teams. Glad you thought it was good.

To the OP, the fans don't vote for this, the voting panel consisted of the NBA's 30 head coaches. So, you failed.

That's the point. How about poll the coaches and ask their second favorite team.....it would be the Lakers in a landslide.

SteveNash
05-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Guards
Blocks
Wade #1
Kobe #25

Steals
Wade #4
Kobe #9

Efficiency
Wade #2
Kobe#3

Both slack off, if you're going to blame Kobe lovers, you can't be a Wade lover.

D Roses Bulls
05-05-2010, 03:45 PM

i mean fairandbalances rant. thats what i meant was good...... my bad for not wording it the way you liked it. oh and I CAN READ..... i read how the coaches voted, but most likely they just passed it on to a staff member and the staff filled out the questionnaire

KeithLBC
05-05-2010, 03:46 PM
That's the point. How about poll the coaches and ask their second favorite team.....it would be the Lakers in a landslide.

I'm glad you personally know each coach in the league to make that statement for them :facepalm:

Gibby23
05-05-2010, 03:48 PM

Im pretty sure it wouldn't.

Gibby23
05-05-2010, 03:48 PM
i mean fairandbalances rant. thats what i meant was good...... my bad for not wording it the way you liked it.

Well his rant was anything but an article.

D1JM
05-05-2010, 03:49 PM
What did Kobe do when he defended Durrant? He's not even the best defender on his own team.

What did Wade do to stop the old man Ray Allen. He kept popping those threes in his face all series long.

RaiderLakersA's
05-05-2010, 03:49 PM
What did Kobe do when he defended Durrant? He's not even the best defender on his own team.

What did Wade do when he guarded Kobe? Oh, right...

fairandbalanced
05-05-2010, 03:51 PM
What did Wade do when he guarded Kobe? Oh, right...

You mean when the Lakers needed the last shot to win at home despite having a better team? Was Kobe or your messiah Artest able to stop Wade? Can you recall the last time the Lakers and Heat played....who won?

Gibby23
05-05-2010, 03:53 PM
You mean when the Lakers needed the last shot to win at home despite having a better team? Was Kobe or your messiah Artest able to stop Wade? Can you recall the last time the Lakers and Heat played....who won?

The Lakers played yesterday. When was the last time the Heat played?

fairandbalanced
05-05-2010, 03:53 PM
What did Wade do to stop the old man Ray Allen. He kept popping those threes in his face all series long.

You can't blame Wade for the defensive play drawn up by spo, Wade had to help on everybody and then chase Allen around. Does Kobe have to defend more than 2 people in a game?

fairandbalanced
05-05-2010, 03:54 PM
The Lakers played yesterday. When was the last time the Heat played?

Last I recall, Kobe wanted to quit when he didn't have 4 All-Stars around him.....have you seen Wade *****ing about running like Kobe did? lets put things in perspective.

LA_Raiders
05-05-2010, 03:58 PM
ok

RaiderLakersA's
05-05-2010, 03:58 PM

No, I meant whenever Wade has had to guard Kobe.

And don't go turning this into a Lakers-Heat thing, because the OP made a point of singling out Kobe and Wade for this particular thread. Stay on point.

Apatel684
05-05-2010, 03:59 PM
The voting panel consisted of the NBA's 30 head coaches, who were asked to select NBA All-Defensive First and Second Teams by position. Coaches were not permitted to vote for players from their own team. Two points were awarded for a First Team vote and one point was awarded for a Second Team vote.

I have read psd for a long time but I had to register to post today. Some people are just haters read a headline that pisses them off and then go and rant. Finish reading the article bro

Me and Jack
05-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Hands down Kobe is the best SG shut down defender in the NBA. That is why he was voted on the team. Com'on Son! Him not getting one vote for MVP was insulting enough... Haters! Give that man his credit.

Laker hating season is at its peak this time of year... I love it. You hate the Lakers for the same reason I love them... They go all out to bring home that Championship trophy every year, and we expect to win it every year... That's competitiveness mixed with excellence... Wouldn't you want your team to have that kind of pride?

Lakerfan In NY
05-05-2010, 04:01 PM

:facepalm:

So, who should be voting for the nba defensive team? Since (according to you) Fans can't be trusted b/c they are all Laker fans & coaches can't be trusted b/c they are all closet Laker fans. Who's left? Refs!?! But we all know what you're gonna said about ref's.

J4KOP99
05-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Blame the coaches my friend. Not the fans.

pimpdaddy
05-05-2010, 04:07 PM
it is what it is buddy...don't cry you will be alright. maybe next year

fairandbalanced
Hands down Kobe is the best SG shut down defender in the NBA. That is why he was voted on the team. Com'on Son! Him not getting one vote for MVP was insulting enough... Haters! Give that man his credit.

Laker hating season is at its peak this time of year... I love it. You hate the Lakers for the same reason I love them... They go all out to bring home that Championship trophy every year, and we expect to win it every year... That's competitiveness mixed with excellence... Wouldn't you want your team to have that kind of pride?

5 years ago. I remember how Stephen Jackson always schooled him for the past 4yrs.

dukejazz
Guards
Blocks
Wade #1
Kobe #25

Steals
Wade #4
Kobe #9

Efficiency
Wade #2
Kobe#3

:clap:
Yep hes a better defensive player but lakers are better team and everyone worships the ground he walks on.

Toenail Clipper
05-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Guards
Blocks
Wade #1
Kobe #25

Steals
Wade #4
Kobe #9

Efficiency
Wade #2
Kobe#3

That's why Wade has to do more and Kobe doesn't, that's the catch ;)

fairandbalanced
05-05-2010, 04:11 PM
That's why Wade has to do more and Kobe doesn't, that's the catch ;)

So Lebron also has to do more? which is why he's more efficient? If Kobe can't be more efficient than wade on a superior team, he ain't better. Kapish

lexworld2009
05-05-2010, 04:13 PM
I wonder if people realize that coaches around the league vote on the all defense teams not fans, unless I missed that being changed , and honestly being great @ blocking shots doesn't make you a great defender as with steals AI lead the league in steals several years and was never voted to all defensive teams. I'd give it to Wade he a good defender and getting better every year

D1JM
05-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Trade me, Trade me, get that kid Bynum outta here, I hate Shaq, he's taking all the attention around here.....I see how y'all was crying and begging, you must have sucked his privates for him to stay. We now see evidence of your potentials in his recent photo shoot.

Isn't Wade saying either sign someone or I am gone? What's the difference?

D Roses Bulls
05-05-2010, 04:18 PM
kobe also doesnt even guard the other teams best player like wade does, that job goes to artest so that should tell you something right there

fairandbalanced
05-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Isn't Wade saying either sign someone or I am gone? What's the difference?

Wade hasn't gone on youtube trashing his own teammates. You won't find Wade saying get Beasley outta here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3-lpFToU9k

Wilson
05-05-2010, 04:22 PM
This could have been a good debate, but all that's really been posted is baiting, insults and arguing over how the first post was worded. I'm closing this.