Position Player, Team 1st 2nd Points
Center Tim Duncan, San Antonio 8 5 21
Guard Dwyane Wade, Miami 8 4 20
Forward Josh Smith, Atlanta 6 8 20
Forward Anderson Varejao, Cleveland 2 11 15
Guard Thabo Sefolosha, Oklahoma City 3 8 14

asandhu23
05-05-2010, 02:23 PM
LeBron and his goaltends? nah I would put Shane Battier in his spot.

Carey
05-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Yes Thabo!

Raph12
05-05-2010, 02:28 PM
I'd like to see J-Smoove and Lebron switch places but w/e.

Bruno
05-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Miami fans are gona be pissed. No Artest on the 2nd team?

MTar786
05-05-2010, 02:31 PM
wow lebron over artest and battier? im a kobe guy and even i say kobe doesnt deserve this. kobe maybe all second team, lebron shouldnt even be on this list.
artest and battier. are two sf's that are WAY better defenders

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-05-2010, 02:32 PM
kobe over artest
:puke:

Wade_County
05-05-2010, 02:34 PM
No comment.

Kjthunder
05-05-2010, 02:35 PM
josh smith on the 2nd team? wasnt he the only one this season to have over 100 blocks and over a 100 steals? haha what a joke

mikantsass
05-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Dont think Kobe should be on there this year, but I dont really have a problem with the list.

MTar786
05-05-2010, 02:36 PM
If i were artest i would use the playoffs to prove to the nba how ******** they are. Cuz if they cant see his defense is only second to dwights in the league.. battier arguably better. then they are stupid lebron *** kissers. i shouldnt even be mad at this. the nba has been like this for so long. its just very disrespectful to a guy who gives all he has and DESERVES something back for it

thethingsido4u
05-05-2010, 02:37 PM
probably the worst all defensive team selection ive seen...ever. no garnett or ron artest LMAO league is a joke

Carey
05-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Just noticed that, How is Artest on neither team??? You can make an argument for him for DPOY.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Just noticed that, How is Artest on neither team??? You can make an argument for him for DPOY.

I know this is horrible:mad:

D Roses Bulls
05-05-2010, 02:42 PM
kobe and rondo ahead of wade? wtf?

deuces
05-05-2010, 02:45 PM
where is jose calderone?!!?!

Carey
05-05-2010, 02:50 PM
I know this is horrible:mad:

Yea it really is! If you look at who he's guarded all year and look at their shooting numbers its no way he's not first team. I think he should have been DPOY, no disrespect to what Dwight does but i def. would have gave Artest the award.

Raph12
05-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Yea it really is! If you look at who he's guarded all year and look at their shooting numbers its no way he's not first team. I think he should have been DPOY, no disrespect to what Dwight does but i def. would have gave Artest the award.

And this is why you don't have a vote.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-05-2010, 03:05 PM

Raph, blocks and rebounds are not everything!

Artest just shuts down people, he just shuts them down:superman:

Chronz
05-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Good for Thabo

Raph12
05-05-2010, 03:13 PM

Artest just shuts down people, he just shuts them down:superman:

How about leading the league in drpg, bpg, dRat and dWS while anchoring his team to the being #1 in dRB%, oppFG%, basket protection (oppFG% at rim), paint protection (pts in paint per 100 possessions) and overall dEFF?

Dwight shuts teams down, he just shuts them down. :superman: :rolleyes:

Carey
05-05-2010, 03:15 PM

I didnt say Dwight wasnt deserving, you didnt have to take that as a slight to your boy or your team. I just think stats sway decisions, because you jump in passing lanes or come from the weak side and block shots doesnt make you an all league defender. I just think man to man defense should be valued a little more.

Double_R

That's exactly what I was thinking

Double_R
Dwight changes how teams play, Artest changes how 1 player plays

Originally Posted by -Kobe24-TJ19-

Artest just shuts down people, he just shuts them down

How about leading the league in drpg, bpg, dRat and dWS while anchoring his team to the being #1 in dRB%, oppFG%, basket protection (oppFG% at rim), paint protection (pts in paint per 100 possessions) and overall dEFF?

Dwight shuts teams down, he just shuts them down.

And Raph just shuts you down

Raph12
05-05-2010, 03:20 PM
I didnt say Dwight wasnt deserving, you didnt have to take that as a slight to your boy or your team. I just think stats sway decisions, because you jump in passing lanes or come from the weak side and block shots doesnt make you an all league defender. I just think man to man defense should be valued a little more.

Well "man to man" defense only shutsdown one player (not even), Dwight completely changes the opposing team's offense... The impact is incomparable, there is a reason why 17 of the last 19 DPOYs were big men/centers.

Carey
05-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Well "man to man" defense only shutsdown one player (not even), Dwight completely changes the opposing team's offense... The impact is incomparable, there is a reason why 17 of the last 19 DPOYs were big men/centers.

I dont dispute any of that i simply said more attention should go to pure man to man D. Dwight changes an opposing teams for insane athletic ability first and foremost. Thats not a knock im just saying there is always gonna be a little bias to the big because of that.

Raph12
05-05-2010, 03:30 PM
I dont dispute any of that i simply said more attention should go to pure man to man D. Dwight changes an opposing teams for insane athletic ability first and foremost. Thats not a knock im just saying there is always gonna be a little bias to the big because of that.

Definitely, the big men just have a larger impact on the game at that end. It's like some guy once said, maybe there should be two DPOY awards, one for wings and one for big men.

Until there is a wing player who is outstanding in every facet on the defensive end, I don't see Dwight or another big man (Oden, Camby etc...) losing the award.

Sportfan
05-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Rondo!!!!

wtf, how are kobe and lebron on 1st team? I can see Lebron on 2nd team, but Kobe shouldn't be on either

kjdills13
05-05-2010, 03:33 PM
well if i had to make a team thats all defense

Dwight
Smith
Artest
Wade( i would put battier if u would let me put battier at the 2)
Rondo

Raph12
05-05-2010, 03:39 PM
well if i had to make a team thats all defense

Dwight
Smith
Artest
Wade( i would put battier if u would let me put battier at the 2)
Rondo

Remove Wade for G-Force and you got your list.

eugene
05-05-2010, 03:43 PM
lebron and kobe over timmy, artest and battier?? stupid top5

Iodine
05-05-2010, 03:56 PM
This list was probably made by PSD

THE MTL
05-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Iono how Josh Smith finished second in DPOY votes but gets raped by Lebron and Gerald Wallace for 1st Team All-NBA defense.

And I have NO CLUE why Kobe keeps getting 1st Team All-Defense selections.

Lol @ Thabo....he is the random guy in there.

THE MTL
05-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Oh snap that Varejao!!! LMFAO!!! Nice :D.

Silent
05-05-2010, 03:59 PM
That list Sucks Ballz

LA_Raiders
05-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Not bad selection....

LeBrooms goaltends rule the highlights

tredigs
05-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Remove Wade for G-Force and you got your list.

Gerald's a forward.

This all defensive team, like most defensive teams, is pretty much a joke.

My opinion should've been:

1st team:

C: Howard

F: Wallace

F: Smith

G: Wade

G: Rondo

2nd team:

C: Bogut

F: Artest

F: Duncan

G: Thabo

G: Kobe

^I struggled for a last guard spot, I'm not sure Kobe earned this spot w/ Artest guarding the other teams best player night in/night out

fairandbalanced
05-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Gerald's a forward.

1st team:

2nd team:

^I struggled for a last guard spot, I'm not sure Kobe earned this spot w/ Artest guarding the other teams best player night in/night out

Are you judging Kobe based on his past? Because he shouldn't be in 1st or 2nd team this season. I'll put Hinrich in before Kobe, just saying. Artest had the job of defending the best players on the other team, so why is even Kobe here?

RC3
05-05-2010, 04:46 PM
I might be biased but can someone tell me why varejao is in the all nba defensive 2nd team?

ko8e24
05-05-2010, 04:48 PM
This is what it should have been.

1st Team

Guards: Rajon Rondo, Dwyane Wade
Forwards: Ron Artest, LeBron James
Center: Dwight Howard

2nd Team

Guards: Kobe Bryant, Deron Williams
Forwards: Gerald Wallace, Josh Smith
Center: Tim Duncan

ko8e24
05-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Are you judging Kobe based on his past? Because he shouldn't be in 1st or 2nd team this season. I'll put Hinrich in before Kobe, just saying. Artest had the job of defending the best players on the other team, so why is even Kobe here?

:confused: Before the injuries, Kobe Bryant was 2nd in the league in steals behind Rajon Rondo. He was averaging a career high 2.3 steals per game. (Previous career high was 2.2 spg in 2002-2003). He and Artest were ballin it defensively at the start of the season.

Your posts, and especially your threads, are not needed in these forums unfairandunbalanced.

ko8e24
05-05-2010, 04:53 PM
And what exactly has Shane Battier done this season. He was out for the first 30% of the season and was never really the same player. We barely heard about his defense around the league this season.

Lakersfan2483
05-05-2010, 04:56 PM
:confused: Before the injuries, Kobe Bryant was 2nd in the league in steals behind Rajon Rondo. He was averaging a career high 2.3 steals per game. (Previous career high was 2.2 spg in 2002-2003). He and Artest were ballin it defensively at the start of the season.

Your posts, and especially your threads, are not needed in these forums unfairandunbalanced.

:clap:

Hawkeye15
05-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Wade should be 1st team, Artest 2nd team, Kobe on neither team. What a joke

JordansBulls
05-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Iono how Josh Smith finished second in DPOY votes but gets raped by Lebron and Gerald Wallace for 1st Team All-NBA defense.

And I have NO CLUE why Kobe keeps getting 1st Team All-Defense selections.

Lol @ Thabo....he is the random guy in there.

I think either both Artest and Kobe should have gotten it, or Artest should have gotten it. There is no way Artest should not be on the list period.

*Silver&Black*
05-05-2010, 05:04 PM

I know, I thought I heard Josh Smith was like 2nd behind Howard for DPOY award. How is he on the 2nd team? Oh yeah, the LeBron Basketball Association, I forgot.

*Silver&Black*
05-05-2010, 05:05 PM

Another smart poster. +1

Costra_Nostra
05-05-2010, 05:07 PM
How the hell are Smith, Wade, and Artest not on the First team? This is an absolute joke.

Kobe, Wade, Artest, Smith, Dwight = First Team

Rondo, Williams, Lebron, Wallace, Duncan = Second Team

showtym24
05-05-2010, 05:07 PM
When did wade become the best defenive 2 gaurd? GTFOH.

m26555
05-05-2010, 05:08 PM
The bias that the NBA has for LeBron is absolutely disgusting. In no way, shape, or form does he belong on the first team.

ko8e24
05-05-2010, 05:08 PM
I think either both Artest and Kobe should have gotten it, or Artest should have gotten it. There is no way Artest should not be on the list period.

Exactly JB! Preach the truth brotha!

bigsams50
05-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Crash with the well deserved first team :clap:

tredigs
05-05-2010, 05:09 PM

He really didn't deserve to be. I just couldn't come up with another off the top of my head and was being lazy. But it's true, in no way was Kobe a top defensive guard this season. He got the year off on that side of the floor.

*Silver&Black*
05-05-2010, 05:12 PM
We have to think for a min. Do you actually think the NBA would put Lebron on a 2nd team anything being the golden boy of the league?

Josh Smith got screwed. 2nd in votes behind Howard for DPOY and gets thrown into 2nd team. NBA is rigged on every level. It's about making money and we still watch.

Teeboy1487
05-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me. Kobe and Lebron over Artest, Battier, and Wade? What a joke.

HiphopRelated
05-05-2010, 05:15 PM
:confused: Before the injuries,.

December?

tredigs
05-05-2010, 05:15 PM
We have to think for a min. Do you actually think the NBA would put Lebron on a 2nd team anything being the golden boy of the league?

Josh Smith got screwed. 2nd in votes behind Howard for DPOY and gets thrown into 2nd team. NBA is rigged on every level. It's about making money and we still watch.

Lebron had much more of a defensive presence than Kobe, and even statistically was much better on that side of the floor. The only reason I left him off the 2nd team was because there was so many great forward defenders this year. But him getting first team is not nearly as ridiculous as Kobe being on there.

I bet Artest is laughing his *** off/pissed at this.

and HAH @ Ko8e24 talking about Kobe "before the injuries". Dude has been injured virtually the entire season, that argument is so weak.

*Silver&Black*
05-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Lebron had much more of a defensive presence than Kobe, and even statistically was much better on that side of the floor. The only reason I left him off the 2nd team was because there was so many great forward defenders this year. But him getting first team is not nearly as ridiculous as Kobe being on there.

I bet Artest is laughing his *** off/pissed at this.

and HAH @ Ko8e24 talking about Kobe "before the injuries". Dude has been injured virtually the entire season, that argument is so weak.

Why did you respond to my post? I wasn't talking about Kobe.

I was talking about the person with the 2nd place votes for DPOY gets 2nd team in Josh Smith. People can talk all they want about Kobe, Wade, etc, but how can someone that has the 2nd most votes get 2nd team?

If anyone got screwed it's Josh Smith.

tredigs
05-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Why did you respond to my post? I wasn't talking about Kobe.

I was talking about the person with the 2nd place votes for DPOY gets 2nd team in Josh Smith. People can talk all they want about Kobe, Wade, etc, but how can someone that has the 2nd most votes get 2nd team?

If anyone got screwed it's Josh Smith.

Because you singled out Lebron in getting the star treatment, while not even mentioning Kobe, who I think earned by far the most star treatment in this case. But in both cases, neither of them were 1st or 2nd All Defensive team worthy. It's almost always voted on poorly because so many broadcasters/writers don't even understand the defensive end of the game and get caught up in players hype. NBA voters are jokes, for the most part.

td0tsfinest
05-05-2010, 05:29 PM

I agree.

Jenceman
05-05-2010, 05:30 PM
You kidding me? No Artest?

Who votes on these again?

FinsSuperBowl
05-05-2010, 05:31 PM
my 1st team
Howard (block leader)
Josh Smith (2nd in blocks)
Gerald Wallace
Wade (Top 5 in steals on a good defensive team)
Rondo (steal leader)

2nd Team
Bogut (3rd in Blocks)
Lebron (has the ability to be first team but has more focus on offense)
Artest (great on-ball defender)
Kobe (has the ability to be first team but has more focus on offense)
Iguodala (great on-ball defender)

Sefolosha did a bad job guarding Kobe compared to Durant. Artest shut down Durrant (candidate for MVP). Ellis and Curry are steal leaders on a horrible defensive team (cant give them credit for that). Gerald Wallace leads all SF's in blocks and is top 30 in the league in steals wins nod over Lebron for first team. Bucks are a great defensive team and Bogut is 2nd to Dwight in blocks by a center.

G-Funk
05-05-2010, 05:39 PM
When did wade become the best defenive 2 gaurd? GTFOH.

:shrug:

unleashthebeast
05-05-2010, 05:41 PM
At this stage in their careers, wade is by far a better defender than kobe. this list is B.S.

tredigs
05-05-2010, 05:46 PM
@GFunk and Showtym -- He's been there for years, and was MUCH better on D and MUCH more deserving of the team than Kobe. He was all league 1st team defense last year, and had a better defensive rating with more defensive win shares this year. He is a boss. Kobe got the popularity vote, so applaud him all you want, but to doubt Wade's defense is just stupidity on your guys' part.

The sad thing is that in future years people will just look back on Kobe's "All defensive 1st team" as a testament to his legacy over a guy like Wade, when reality couldn't be farther from the case. This is why stats are becoming King in basketball arguments.

LayZbone
05-05-2010, 05:51 PM

exactly what i was thinking. this is BS. :mad:

Raph12
05-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Gerald's a forward.

1st team:

2nd team:

Now this I can agree with 100%... Dead on, good work.

LayZbone
05-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Now this I can agree with 100%... Dead on, good work.

LMAO Why on earth did SteveNash make that sig bet with you? :facepalm:

DEF85BEARS
05-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Noahhhh

Raph12
05-05-2010, 06:15 PM
LMAO Why on earth did SteveNash make that sig bet with you? :facepalm:

Magic/Dwight-hater, but that's about to change lol... 3 more games baby, 3 MORE GAMES!!!

G-Funk
05-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Artest Got robbed.

It reminds me of How Jordan got all those 1st Defensive teams when Scottie was covering the best players. But Like Jordan, Kobe still plays more 1 on 1 defense than any other SG guard in the league. It's just too bad that the ppl he get's to guard suck.

Raph12
05-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Artest Got robbed.

It reminds me of How Jordan got all those 1st Defensive teams when Scottie was covering the best players. But Like Jordan, Kobe still plays more 1 on 1 defense than any other SG guard in the league. It's just too bad that the ppl he get's to guard suck.

Kobe's a great defender, but I'd give the edge to Wade as a defensive player. Don't get me wrong, I believe Kobe's the best player in the league until Lebron dethrones him, but that has more to do with Wade's limited offense rather than defense.

avrpatsfan
05-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Good to see Rondo on it. He's really good on defense and with his steals.

Hawkeye15
05-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Howard
Wade
J. Smith
Wallace
Rondo

Bogut
Artest
Thabo
Duncan
Ginoboli

those are my 1st and 2nd teams.

G-Funk
05-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Kobe's a great defender, but I'd give the edge to Wade as a defensive player. Don't get me wrong, I believe Kobe's the best player in the league until Lebron dethrones him, but that has more to do with Wade's limited offense rather than defense.

Wade is an awsome team defender! but I just have not seen the dude lock a player down. I just don't see him being a better defender. That been said It wouln't had bother me if Wade got it.

BTW Someone really needs to define what Defender means specially here in the NBA, a guy who gets blocks and steals or a player who can keep his oppsition from scoring.

Raph12
05-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Wade is an awsome team defender! but I just have not seen the dude lock a player down. I just don't see him being a better defender. That been said It wouln't had bother me if Wade got it.

BTW Someone really needs to define what Defender means specially here in the NBA, a guy who gets blocks and steals or a player who can keep his oppsition from scoring.

I said Wade was a better "defensive player" not "defender"... I have my own definition of both.

ko8e24
05-05-2010, 07:00 PM
I think the consensus is that Artest should've been at least 2nd team (1st team IMO), Kobe deserved 2nd team and Wade deserved 1st team (I'm cool with that), and that LeBron James was 1st team cuz he's the golden boy and makes all those espn and sportcenter highlights that brainwashes the everyday fan of American basketball.

DerekRE_3
05-05-2010, 07:03 PM

Accoding to synergy stats on isolation defense Dwyane Wade is a far superior defender than Kobe Byrant. Kobe ranked 131st (.79 points per possession) in iso defense, while Wade was 43rd (.71 points per possession). Wade also held guys to a lower field goal percentage in one on one situations at 28.3%, while Kobe was at 35.6%. So your whole Wade can't shut guys down theory doesn't really work. When they took overall defense into account Wade also ranked ahead of Kobe. When you factor in Wade's help defense it's pretty clear that Wade is the better defender of the two.

Sixerlover
05-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Where are the Shane Battier mentions coming from?

Hawkeye15
05-05-2010, 07:14 PM
LeBron deserves first team. Its not because he is the golden boy of the NBA. Its because he is a good on the ball defender, rebounds defensively, and lives in passing lanes as well as protects the rim from any angle.
How are the Kobe 1st team defensive awards discussed? The haters said the same thing that LeBron haters are saying now. The fact is, he deserved a couple of those, easily. And LeBron deserves this one, and last years. Get over it.
Artest was used as situational, when a bad *** came into town. LeBron wasn't.

Hawkeye15
05-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Where are the Shane Battier mentions coming from?

cause its the same old rhetoric. He used to get dissed left and right for the 1st team. Now he shouldn't be either. But it is sad he was left off so many.

JordansBulls
05-05-2010, 11:07 PM
cause its the same old rhetoric. He used to get dissed left and right for the 1st team. Now he shouldn't be either. But it is sad he was left off so many.

Yes but he has been injured this season.

RocketsRule
05-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Yes but he has been injured this season.

Not to mention the lackluster defense we played this season.

Battier definitely deserved it at one point in his career, but they got it right this year.

Don't get the Lebron pick though.

$KnicksAndKobe$
05-06-2010, 12:32 PM
It doesn't feel right that Duncan in on the second team

jackdawson
05-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Gerald's a forward.

1st team:

2nd team:

This^^. Cannot believe Kobe over Wade. What else the guy needs to do? He was best defender from the 2nd best defensive team.

Wade finished fourth in the NBA in steals, at 1.84 per game, and 29th in blocked shots, tops among all NBA guards The Heat allowed just 94.2 points per game, second only to the 93.8 allowed per game by the Charlotte Bobcats, and also finished second in the league in defensive field-goal percentage, at .439.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-dwyane-wade-s050510,0,7863344.story

And Raph, you need to stfu.

Da Knicks
05-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Dont like the list besides Dwight being number 1 the rest is just based on name recognition. If I wanted 1 stop in a crucial moment then i consider lbj and kobe but this is for the season and josh smith and artest heck even battier deserve this. Where is wade? Lebron had a hell of a season again but those other guys played better d sometimes we forget just because they dont get the attention the stars get...

jackdawson
05-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Josh smith, Wade, and Artest got rapped. How is the 2nd best DPOY (Smith) not on the 1st team?? Wade deserved it last year (3rd best DPOY) as well as this year, but he got rapped. This is ****ing annoying.

JNA17
05-06-2010, 01:18 PM
my list.

1st team:
Rajon Rondo
Kobe Bryant
Gerald Wallace
Josh Smith
Dwight Howard

2nd Team:
D-Wade
Thabo
Ron Artest
Tim Duncan
Andrew Bogut

Don't see how smith did not get first all first team defensive or artest not being in it. Pretty BS.

BkOriginalOne
05-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Rondo deserves it, leading the league in steals and being the celtics best defender.

No love for Afflalo, I see.

drama1386
05-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Gerald's a forward.

1st team:

2nd team:

i agree 100%. bogut should've been 2nd team. this is twice in one season he has been snubbed! (david lee in the all-star game over bogut? really??)

The Final Boss
05-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Lebron James lol

bigsams50
05-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Im guessing u didnt see the other thread?

Raps18-19 Champ
05-06-2010, 03:52 PM
He's one of the better help defenders in the league.

So I wouldn't call it a "lol".