PDA

View Full Version : LeBron Scheduled For Another MRI

JordansBulls
05-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Link (http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/05/lebron_james_elbow_to_undergo.html)

Although his coach and Cavaliers teammates insist they don't see anything different about LeBron James' play in the first two games of the Eastern Conference semifinals against the Boston Celtics, James is scheduled for another MRI on his bothersome right elbow this week, according to team officials.

It will be the second MRI James has had on the elbow. Last week, after the first-round series against Chicago was over but before the semifinals started, James had an MRI and was diagnosed with a strain and a bone bruise in the elbow.

James did not talk with reporters Tuesday, a day after the Cavs lost Game 2, 104-86, to fall into a 1-1 tie in the best-of-seven series.

Raph12
05-05-2010, 10:32 AM
If the Cavs lose, you'll know all of the diehard Lebron fans will run around saying his shooting arm was hurt.

G-Funk
05-05-2010, 10:37 AM
I don't even think he's hurt. he wouldn't be making those kinda blocks like he got on Allen.He just wants to take that tought tittle from Kobe.

ManRam
05-05-2010, 10:46 AM
I haven't ever seen LeBron play such a passive game for 3+ quarters in my entire life.

G-Funk, your logic is flawed. You don't see people saying Kobe's finger injury or whatever injuries he's now dealing with aren't real because he makes a few spectacular plays. Why did Laker fans bring it up all year if he does have the potential to be as amazing as normal. Your conspiracy theory is typical though, sadly.

There obviously is something wrong. I don't think he, or anyone around the organization is going to blame the elbow on anything...however.

I just don't get how Kobe is allowed to be hurt, and that explains his non-MVP caliber play, but LeBron can't be, because he still made a few amazing plays. Just reminds me why this site turned me from pro-Kobe to pro-LeBron.

ballpd05
05-05-2010, 10:56 AM
I haven't ever seen LeBron play such a passive game for 3+ quarters in my entire life

I agree. I have never seen him defer to other players or play so passively either. That shows that something is really wrong, but it would be tough if he isn't able to will them to victory with his 30-8-8 nights like he's been having. If he cannot be the Lebron of old then the Cavs are just mediocre and not elite. He doesn't have a great second or third option who can create offense if he doesn't, he just has a lot of finishers on his team.

That and J.J. Hickson and Varejao need more PT to match up with Garnett and Wallace. Garnett is having his way with Jamison and I think Hickson is a little tougher to bully.

Raph12
05-05-2010, 10:56 AM
@ Manrammer,

If it was bothering him for weeks (over a month according to Cavs fans), than wouldn't his play not be so godly in the 1st round?... He was as aggressive as humanly possible, but as soon as it got close to the 2nd round against Boston, it started to bother him, so badly that he shot a FT (up only 4pts) with his off arm.

I just have a hard time believing anything Lebron says, maybe he is hurt, maybe not, who knows maybe it's a mental thing.

Iodine
05-05-2010, 10:58 AM
I haven't ever seen LeBron play such a passive game for 3+ quarters in my entire life.

G-Funk, your logic is flawed. You don't see people saying Kobe's finger injury or whatever injuries he's now dealing with aren't real because he makes a few spectacular plays. Why did Laker fans bring it up all year if he does have the potential to be as amazing as normal. Your conspiracy theory is typical though, sadly.

There obviously is something wrong. I don't think he, or anyone around the organization is going to blame the elbow on anything...however.

I just don't get how Kobe is allowed to be hurt, and that explains his non-MVP caliber play, but LeBron can't be, because he still made a few amazing plays. Just reminds me why this site turned me from pro-Kobe to pro-LeBron.

As usual you made me cry with the beauty of your post

mikantsass
05-05-2010, 11:25 AM
His elbow is sore from stroking his ego too much

HOZ THE KNICK
05-05-2010, 11:31 AM
The man is really hurt and you guys thinks he's faking.

BOSTON617
05-05-2010, 11:52 AM
good

Tony_Starks
05-05-2010, 12:07 PM
I think Lebron is legitimately hurt because because his play in game 2 was remarkably different from normal. Just watching the game me and my boys were like "something aint right!" I give him props for playing through it....

.... That being said, this is why to me Kobe remains the best in the game. Lebrons dealing with one injury and Kobe has delt with about 4 this season (finger, ankle, back, and knee) and still found a way to win. Whatever Kobe's injury is he compensates by doing something else. Can't finish at the rim because of the knee? Ok he's taking jumpers then. Shooting effected by his finger? Ok he uses himself as a decoy and racks up some assist. Whatever it takes to win.

Its that will to win that puts Kobe over everybody else, and thats what I didn't see in Lebron in game 2, injury or no injury.

D-Leethal
05-05-2010, 12:14 PM
^^^ If Bron had 4 top 50 current players on his team it'd be easier to win with the injuries

asandhu23
05-05-2010, 12:26 PM
LeBron James is taking acting lessons from Paul Pierce

Tony_Starks
05-05-2010, 12:29 PM
^^^ If Bron had 4 top 50 current players on his team it'd be easier to win with the injuries

4 top 50 players? Please elaborate sir. Pau Gasol could be said to be in the top 50 of the league, who are the other 3 sir?

tdunk21
05-05-2010, 12:31 PM
LeBron James is taking acting lessons from Paul Pierce

:facepalm:

nigerianking
05-05-2010, 12:51 PM
4 top 50 players? Please elaborate sir. Pau Gasol could be said to be in the top 50 of the league, who are the other 3 sir?

fisher and mbenga...clearly

JNA17
05-05-2010, 12:52 PM
fisher and mbenga...clearly

and don't forget adam "ammo" morrison :rolleyes:

Niro
05-05-2010, 01:01 PM

once again i have to agree with you

macc
05-05-2010, 01:01 PM
I guess we'll see what the mri says. I'm not giving him an excuse. He's been going off every game of the playoffs and the one game he doesn't people are giving him a scape goat. Players have injuries all the time, players play through injuries all the time. Lebron isn't the only player in the playoffs not 100%.

Though how injured can a guy really be when he's swatting a ball that hard off the glass. I know people say it's just one play but still. If your elbow is tender, why would you give it full force when you didn't even have to.

All I'm saying is slighty injured or not, I'm not going to lose any sleep over Lebrons elbow. Hes still putting up near triple doubles per game, but one. Suck it up, drink some water and play on. The only reason this elbow thing is news is because it's Lebron James.

Did anyone ever think that possibly he was playing passive so he could get his teammates involved? Us fans/experts crucify the Cavs because they rely so much on Lebron James. Maybe Lebron was actually listening to that and taking a page out of MJ's and Kobe's book of not going off till the 4th because he wanted his teammates there with him. Just sayin...

Tony_Starks
05-05-2010, 01:15 PM
and don't forget adam "ammo" morrison :rolleyes:

HaHa! Oh yes how could I forget some of these future hall of famers!

RaysFan
05-05-2010, 01:23 PM
I think Lebron is legitimately hurt because because his play in game 2 was remarkably different from normal. Just watching the game me and my boys were like "something aint right!" I give him props for playing through it....

.... That being said, this is why to me Kobe remains the best in the game. Lebrons dealing with one injury and Kobe has delt with about 4 this season (finger, ankle, back, and knee) and still found a way to win. Whatever Kobe's injury is he compensates by doing something else. Can't finish at the rim because of the knee? Ok he's taking jumpers then. Shooting effected by his finger? Ok he uses himself as a decoy and racks up some assist. Whatever it takes to win.

Its that will to win that puts Kobe over everybody else, and thats what I didn't see in Lebron in game 2, injury or no injury.

Kobe is not even close to LeBron right now.

Jonathan2323
05-05-2010, 01:27 PM
LeQueen James

CAVS21
05-05-2010, 01:28 PM
I guess we'll see what the mri says. I'm not giving him an excuse. He's been going off every game of the playoffs and the one game he doesn't people are giving him a scape goat. Players have injuries all the time, players play through injuries all the time. Lebron isn't the only player in the playoffs not 100%.

Though how injured can a guy really be when he's swatting a ball that hard off the glass. I know people say it's just one play but still. If your elbow is tender, why would you give it full force when you didn't even have to.

All I'm saying is slighty injured or not, I'm not going to lose any sleep over Lebrons elbow. Hes still putting up near triple doubles per game, but one. Suck it up, drink some water and play on. The only reason this elbow thing is news is because it's Lebron James.

Did anyone ever think that possibly he was playing passive so he could get his teammates involved? Us fans/experts crucify the Cavs because they rely so much on Lebron James. Maybe Lebron was actually listening to that and taking a page out of MJ's and Kobe's book of not going off till the 4th because he wanted his teammates there with him. Just sayin...

This^

It doesn't matter what the guy does, it's wrong.....if they lose the series it will have been because Boston outplayed them and the Cavs role players didn't step up and get it done. It has nothing to do with him "faking" an injury or being "scared" or whatever other stupid theories some of you morons have posted here and elsewhere on this site. Don't be surprised when he goes 35-7-7 Friday night in a win and at the same time don't be surprised when the haters here say he's a faker if he drops those numbers.

Tony_Starks
05-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Kobe is not even close to LeBron right now.

You're right, Kobe has 4 rings....

CAVS21
05-05-2010, 01:41 PM
You're right, Kobe has 4 rings....

Rings don't mean **** when comparing individuals

BradyIsTheMan12
05-05-2010, 01:43 PM
I think he isn't 100 % but I don't think it's the reason why they are having trouble with the Celtics. Even as selfish as Lebron is I don't think he would be putting up this big of a show if there wasn't something there.

Tony_Starks
05-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Rings don't mean **** when comparing individuals

Yeah you're right... I mean individual greatness doesn't translate to rings or anything, Jordan proved that right?

magichatnumber9
05-05-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm just curious because of the Le before his name. Is Lebron French? And is Kobe related to a Japanese cow?

asandhu23
05-05-2010, 02:18 PM

:facepalm: to you as well.

asandhu23
05-05-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm just curious because of the Le before his name. Is Lebron French? And is Kobe related to a Japanese cow?

CAVS21
05-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Yeah you're right... I mean individual greatness doesn't translate to rings or anything, Jordan proved that right?

They don't play 5 on 1 do they?? Because I must have missed the part where they won rings by themselves. Jordan had role players and Scottie....Kobe has had great role players like Horry Fisher Odom Gasol etc, how bout Magic? Larry Bird? Point being you dont win titles alone and that's why when you compare ONE guy to another ONE guy rings don't mean anything.....if you want to compare Kobe and LBJs legacy then you can include the rings in the argument. But if you compare them individually its not close right now.

Iodine
05-05-2010, 03:44 PM
I was under the impression Kobe won his rings in the past, which if I remember correctly means that they have no ****ing bearing on the game this season.

If that was the case Parker would be the best PG

NYK_kidd77
05-05-2010, 03:44 PM
If hes hurt idk why he even dunked the ball when he was on that fast break.

ballpd05
05-05-2010, 03:51 PM

Andrew Bynum is a top 10 maybe top 5 center in the leaue depending on who you drop in that category. Ron Artest has been one of the better players in this league in the past although he has taken on a different role, and Lamar Odom is one of the most versatile players in the game today... Pau is a legit All-Star, and of the best offensively skilled post players I've ever seen.

If Lebron isn't scoring or creating who else will initiate offense???

Toenail Clipper
05-05-2010, 04:13 PM

Because Kobe was hurt first and has more hurtful injuries than LeBron, therefore everyone sees that LeBron is trying to be hurt as well and copying Kobe.

kblo247
05-05-2010, 04:24 PM

You know what the difference might be?

You take the two of them in a room and do a physical/MRI and the results actually show damage on Kobe. The admitted problem is that no damage is showing up for Lebron with all the tests and that doctors are speculating that it is in his head.

kblo247
05-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Double post because of servers

ko8e24
05-05-2010, 05:06 PM

:laugh:

heathonater
05-05-2010, 05:08 PM
not sure what is going on here. in game 2, he had a big block using the same arm with the elbow issue. if something doesnt come up in the mri, than its more mental than actual injury. you got to suck it up in the playoffs because nont everything is going to feel perfect at the end of the season. his elbow is probably hurt, but not injured.