PDA

View Full Version : Magical beatdown: Hawks down more than 40 to begin 4th Quarter in a playoffs game.

fairandbalanced
05-04-2010, 10:01 PM
This has got to be really embarrassing, not only for the Hawks but the NBA.

MacFitz92
05-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Very embarrassing. Still not as embarrasing as closing out the NBA Finals by 39 or whatever it was (Bos. vs. L.A.).

Sadds The Gr8
05-04-2010, 10:16 PM
what a molestation...I left at the 3rd quarter when it was 60-39, then look on yahoo sports and see 91-47....I was like :speechless:

GodsSon
05-04-2010, 10:16 PM
^^ OUCH, low blow lol

69centers
05-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Hawks are lucky Bogut was out in the Bucks series, or they would have been swept.

blastmasta26
05-04-2010, 10:19 PM
It's gonna be interesting to see how the Hawks respond in the following games.

DCB/LAL
05-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Very embarrassing. Still not as embarrasing as closing out the NBA Finals by 39 or whatever it was (Bos. vs. L.A.).

Yeah or being the first team in history to lose to a 7th and 8th seed in the first round. :D

J/k

thescore53
05-04-2010, 10:24 PM

ahh beat me to it

thescore53
05-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Yeah or being the first team in history to lose to a 7th and 8th seed in the first round. :D

J/k

ouch... guess you have the upper hand now

RadiantShot
05-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Me and ManRam are staying humble. We're not getting cocky, unless we win the Championship come June. ;)

Good win nonetheless. Had fun watching. VC, Dwight, and Jameer lit it up tonight. Throw in a spice of everyone else, and you have one big pot of success.

Night fellas.

Slimsim
05-04-2010, 10:36 PM
And they call me crazy when i say JJ isn't a max player.

Kottonswabs
05-04-2010, 10:37 PM
This is just sad.

IversonIsKrazy
05-04-2010, 10:39 PM
embarassing, I was actually dissapointed when I found out it was on TSN2 (ch.147, which I don't have), but now I c it would've been a crap game. I was excited abt this series, as well as the rest (except Lakers-Jazz), but damn, 40pt beatdown is just flat out sad.

*Silver&Black*
05-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Hawks are lucky Bogut was out in the Bucks series, or they would have been swept.

Coming from a Celtics fan whose team was swept by these Hawks.

Seriously, Hawks got beat down. But guess what, it's one game. Just like everyone said the Hawks was done coming into game 6 vs the Bucks.

Also it wasn't the biggest blow-out in the playoffs at all. But they got it handed to them. Also nice to see the NBA fix the Howard foul situation. Just blame it on the other guy. Real nice.

RadiantShot
05-04-2010, 10:52 PM

Seriously, Hawks got beat down. But guess what, it's one game. Just like everyone said the Hawks was done coming into game 6 vs the Bucks.

Also it wasn't the biggest blow-out in the playoffs at all. But they got it handed to them. Also nice to see the NBA fix the Howard foul situation. Just blame it on the other guy. Real nice.

:rolleyes:

xbrackattackx
05-04-2010, 11:10 PM
This game looked like a Heat Playoff game in this year series. But the heat wasn't being played by Orlando in this rendition.

IndiansFan337
05-04-2010, 11:35 PM
So much for the extra time off slowing them down. They look extremely tough to beat. They remind me a ton of the Cleveland team that toyed with teams in the first two rounds last season, was shooting awesome from the 3 pt line, running on everybody, etc.

I really believe whoever wins the East is going to defeat the West champ rather easily this season, in either 5 or 6 games.

Dré
05-04-2010, 11:44 PM
:rolleyes:

So much for staying humble. :rolleyes:

Raph12
05-04-2010, 11:47 PM

Stop making excuses, Dwight didn't get into foul trouble because they didn't take it into his body on every possession. Magic have destroyed them for years and your team always struggle to get by/lose to them, just be happy you're playing the Cavs and not the Hawks.

Celts are lucky the Hawks didn't finish 5th or Boston wouldn't get out of the 1st round.

AirCanada15ORL
05-05-2010, 12:06 AM
I would say this is just one game.
But I dont know if a team can really come back after getting blown out by 43 points first game. Not trying to be cocky.
Magic were firing on all cylinders while Hawks tried 1v1 and bricked everything.

TNTs gotta hate Orlando even more now. How badly that second half hurt their ratings.
lotta highlights those to hopefully entertain non magic fans.

xbrackattackx
05-05-2010, 12:14 AM
I would say this is just one game.
But I dont know if a team can really come back after getting blown out by 43 points first game. Not trying to be cocky.
Magic were firing on all cylinders while Hawks tried 1v1 and bricked everything.

TNTs gotta hate Orlando even more now. How badly that second half hurt their ratings.
lotta highlights those to hopefully entertain non magic fans.

Who cares Orlando has been Playing like they want it since the beginning of the Playoffs they deserve that win. Atlanta came out unprepared and got ran out of the gym that simple.

sNaKeS
05-05-2010, 01:50 AM
Who cares Orlando has been Playing like they want it since the beginning of the Playoffs they deserve that win. Atlanta came out unprepared and got ran out of the gym that simple.

You can make the case that orlando has been playing like this for much longer than just the beginning of the playoffs. 11 game winning streak dating back to the regular season and 25-3 in their last 28 games overall including victories over the lakers, cavs, and mavericks. This team is peaking at the right time.

rocky4104
05-05-2010, 02:02 AM
You can make the case that orlando has been playing like this for much longer than just the beginning of the playoffs. 11 game winning streak dating back to the regular season and 25-3 in their last 28 games overall including victories over the lakers, cavs, and mavericks. This team is peaking at the right time.

magic's looking pretty good..

ldc62
05-05-2010, 02:27 AM
They win 50 games but suck in the playoffs. The thing about the Hawks is that they need to get fast break buckets to win games.

RadiantShot
05-05-2010, 09:23 AM
So much for staying humble. :rolleyes:

That made no sense..:rolleyes:

I just hate how whenever we do something right, we STILL don't get credit for it. It's okay. "We'll see come June."

;)

Voodoo Alchemy
05-05-2010, 09:31 AM
what's the difference if you lose by 40 or 400?

Unruly Fan
05-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Hawks are lucky Bogut was out in the Bucks series, or they would have been swept.Not even.

Dolemite
05-05-2010, 09:44 AM
ridiculous

king4day
05-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Atlanta may take one at home but that's it.
Every team in the league should fear orlando.
No one in the west can match with them and Cleveland will have a hard time too.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Atlanta may take one at home but that's it.
Every team in the league should fear orlando.
No one in the west can match with them and Cleveland will have a hard time too.

i'm still going with the lakers because no one can stop kobe.

xbrackattackx
05-05-2010, 10:14 AM

Well I was just talking about play-offs but you right. They been firing on all cylinders!

king4day
05-05-2010, 10:21 AM
lol why would the lakers be scared of the magic ... we ****ed them up in the finals last year 4-1 ... what makes you think anything is going to change ... i can't wait to destroy your team next round

I'm responding in the forum and not via your PM since i'm not debating you there.

LA's bench can't match Orlando's.
You say you F'd them up in the finals, yet it took Lee's blown layup / Goal tend by Gasol, and Howard's missed FT's that woulda sealed game 4 I believe to go up 3-1. Otherwise it's a different situation. Orlando is MUCH better this year and if you aren't at least concerned about the prospect of playing them in the finals, then you just haven't been paying attention.

I'd wait for the Suns/Spurs series to end before making your predictions about next round.

sNaKeS
05-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Well I was just talking about play-offs but you right. They been firing on all cylinders!

Either way, no one wants to play the magic right now. I'll go with your scenario which is a lot scarier than mine, dwight was really ineffective in the first series against the bobcats and they still swept them. Now that he wasn't in foul trouble is this the magic team we can expect going forward? It's almost like pick your poison with this team. That's what is so scary about this team.

domz248
05-05-2010, 10:27 AM
I'm responding in the forum and not via your PM since i'm not debating you there.

You say you F'd them up in the finals, yet it took Lee's blown layup / Goal tend by Gasol, and Howard's missed FT's that woulda sealed game 4 I believe to go up 3-1. Otherwise it's a different situation. Orlando is MUCH better this year and if you aren't at least concerned about the prospect of playing them in the finals, then you just haven't been paying attention.

I'd wait for the Suns/Spurs series to end before making your predictions about next round.

lol shows what you know about basketball ... how can you use those as excuses... i can't wait to play the suns next round

domz248
05-05-2010, 10:38 AM

we ended the finals on the magic's home court

Raph12
05-05-2010, 10:46 AM
@ domz248,

We're not the same Magic team, we're hungrier, more talented, more experienced and much deeper at each position.

Here's 5 reasons why the Magic can now beat LA in the Finals;

1. By replacing Alston, Lee, Turkoglu, Lue, Battie and Jeremy Richardson with; Nelson, Carter, Barnes, J-Will, Bass and Ryan Anderson.

2. By replacing a very offensively limited and raw Dwight, with a more experienced, hungry and potent Dwight.

3. By replacing a spotup shooter in Redick, with an all-around decent player after the long strides he's made in his game.

4. With HCA.

5. With the momentum (yet rest from both 1st and 2nd round series) from the series against the Celts/Cavs.

Magic in 6 (in Orlando) in a rematch.

Double_R
05-05-2010, 10:48 AM
It's Amazing what the Magic can do with the refs not taking Dwight out of the game, domination

Domz248...
The Magic have a healthy Jameer Nelson and you guys have an older D-Fish, we will see, but to say you dominated is an ignorant statement... THe Magic lost fair and square to a better team, but I think you are getting ahead of yourself if you think that the Magic are the same team as last year...
Oh yea and nice post Raph
BTW, we still have to beat the Hawks before anything else...

domz248
05-05-2010, 11:31 AM
@ domz248,

We're not the same Magic team, we're hungrier, more talented, more experienced and much deeper at each position.

Here's 5 reasons why the Magic can now beat LA in the Finals;

1. By replacing Alston, Lee, Turkoglu, Lue, Battie and Jeremy Richardson with; Nelson, Carter, Barnes, J-Will, Bass and Ryan Anderson.

2. By replacing a very offensively limited and raw Dwight, with a more experienced, hungry and potent Dwight.

3. By replacing a spotup shooter in Redick, with an all-around decent player after the long strides he's made in his game.

4. With HCA.

5. With the momentum (yet rest from both 1st and 2nd round series) from the series against the Celts/Cavs.

Magic in 6 (in Orlando) in a rematch.

we will win 1 of the first 2 against you guys and that will give us HCA back ... magic have won ONE finals game in the whole history of the franchise ... you guys are more deeper but it doesn't matter because in big games we don't depend on our bench in any way just our top 6 players kobe, gasol, bynum, odom, artest, and fisher... gasol and bynum will shut down dwight like last year ... you guys still have to beat the celtics/cavs ... we got the spur/suns a cake walk

domz248
05-05-2010, 11:32 AM
It's Amazing what the Magic can do with the refs not taking Dwight out of the game, domination

Domz248...
The Magic have a healthy Jameer Nelson and you guys have an older D-Fish, we will see, but to say you dominated is an ignorant statement... THe Magic lost fair and square to a better team, but I think you are getting ahead of yourself if you think that the Magic are the same team as last year...
Oh yea and nice post Raph
BTW, we still have to beat the Hawks before anything else...

i kno you guys are good but we are the best

Raph12
05-05-2010, 11:42 AM
we will win 1 of the first 2 against you guys and that will give us HCA back ... magic have won ONE finals game in the whole history of the franchise ... you guys are more deeper but it doesn't matter because in big games we don't depend on our bench in any way just our top 6 players kobe, gasol, bynum, odom, artest, and fisher... gasol and bynum will shut down dwight like last year ... you guys still have to beat the celtics/cavs ... we got the spur/suns a cake walk

No doubt LA's the team to beat, but we are not the same team as last year, we're much improved, hungrier and deeper. If you guys play the Suns, it'll probably be easy, otherwise the Spurs are no cake walk.

Let the best team win.

GSW Hoops
05-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Any team who loses by more than 40 in any playoff game should automatically be eliminated from the series.

RadiantShot
05-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Domz, I reported you. Just letting you know. SrSSS busineessSSZ!11!11oneeoneon!

domz248
05-05-2010, 02:29 PM

good luck i didn't do anything wrong did you report me to the imaginary police ??

RadiantShot
05-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Nope. To the Mods. Forwarded your 2 vulgar posts. ;)

D Roses Bulls
05-05-2010, 02:43 PM

that jack *** has been sending me private messages talking a lot of ****.

D Roses Bulls
05-05-2010, 02:44 PM
good luck i didn't do anything wrong did you report me to the imaginary police ??

just wait till the magic beat the lakers kid!!!!

domz248
05-05-2010, 02:59 PM
just wait till the magic beat the lakers kid!!!!

so your a bulls fan/ magic bandwagon ?

domz248
05-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Nope. To the Mods. Forwarded your 2 vulgar posts. ;)

4-1 finals 1-8 all time finals record

D Roses Bulls
05-05-2010, 03:07 PM
so your a bulls fan/ magic bandwagon ?

look at my post history, bulls are number 1, but i am a florida native so i always like the magic.

RC3
05-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Magic are going to win the cahmpionship. No one should listen to the **** from nba analysts that it will be cavs or lakers.

D Roses Bulls
05-05-2010, 03:13 PM
4-1 finals 1-8 all time finals record

and stop sending me pm's talkin crap. i dont care man

Wilson
05-05-2010, 03:15 PM
This thread has gone way down hill, I think I'm going to pull the plug on this one.