PDA

View Full Version : Out of the remaining 8, whos most likely to win it all

AI4MVP
05-04-2010, 07:17 PM
From what we've seen in the playoffs so far, not in the regular season, but in the playoffs, rank the top 8 teams remaining 1 being most likely to win it all, 8 being least likely.

1.Orlando Magic
2.Boston Celtics
3.Cleveland Cavs
4.Los Angeles Lakers
5.Phoenix Suns
6.San Antonio Spurs
7.Utah Jazz
8.Atlanta Hawks

remember, dont rank these teams for what theyve done in the regular season, but rank them according to there playoff performances thus far

thethingsido4u
05-04-2010, 07:19 PM
here is the real list

1. Magic
2. Lakers
3. Boston
4. Cavaliers
5. Spurs
6. Suns
7. Jazz
8. Hawks

ko8e24
05-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Question should be which of the 4 East teams will make it to the finals to fall prey to the defending champs.

RaiderLakersA's
05-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Every other team except the Hawks and Magic have played at least one game in the Semis. Let's wait until after they play tonight to respond.

ManRam
05-04-2010, 07:27 PM
1.Orlando Magic
2.Los Angeles Lakers
3.Cleveland Cavs
4.Boston Celtics
5.San Antonio Spurs
6.Phoenix Suns
7.Utah Jazz
8.Atlanta Hawks

ko8e24
05-04-2010, 07:31 PM
1.Orlando Magic
2.Los Angeles Lakers
3.Cleveland Cavs
4.Boston Celtics
5.San Antonio Spurs
6.Phoenix Suns
7.Utah Jazz
8.Atlanta Hawks

It's too quick to come up with a list like this. Just cuz Orlando is 4-0 againsts an offensively challenged Bobcats squad, you have to remember that Dwight Howard, due to foul trouble, played well defensively but not so much offensively. And the one guy consistent in the 4 wins for Orlando was Jameer Nelson. Everyone else still has to get into a groove.

If I had to pick one team that is playing the best overall in these players, it would be the Boston Celtics.

AI4MVP
05-04-2010, 07:33 PM
I really think everyones answer at this point in tiem should be the orlando magic. theyve been the best team of the playoffs and jameer nelson is playing the best basketball of his life. i also havent seen anything out of the lakers thus far that tells me they can beat either orlando, cleveland, or boston. if they get past utah, phoenix or san antoni are going to give them real trouble

TheKing23
05-04-2010, 07:36 PM
1. Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Orlando Magic
3. LA Lakers
4. Utah Jazz
5. Boston Celtics
6. San Antonio Spurs
7. Phoenix Suns
8. Atlanta Hawks

xbrackattackx
05-04-2010, 07:38 PM
here is the real list

1. Magic
2. Lakers
3. Boston
4. Cavaliers
5. Spurs
6. Suns
7. Jazz
8. Hawks

I agree with this, But switch Orlando and Laker's IMO but good list!

thescore53
05-04-2010, 07:46 PM
i'm rooting for the magic and suns, lebron can suck it he screwed us and then talks smack about us questioning our will to win , thats why his elbow is messed up right now karma is a *****

SNYmets86
05-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Magic,suns,spurs,lakers,jazz,hawks ..imo if the suns play like they did last night they can easly beat any 1... Plus i had the mavs winnin over spurs.and look how that ended up

AI4MVP
05-04-2010, 08:04 PM
i really think that the suns have a good chance of advancing to the finals but im trying to see deep down if a really believe that or im just being biased

unwantedplayer
05-04-2010, 08:08 PM
1. Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Orlando Magic
3. LA Lakers
4. Utah Jazz
5. Boston Celtics
6. San Antonio Spurs
7. Phoenix Suns
8. Atlanta Hawks

Lol. If you think that the Cavs have the best chance to win it all right now, that shows how biased you are. They should be destroying the Celtics right now honestly.

I would say

1. Magic
2. Lakers
3 & 4. Boston/Cleveland (Can go either imo)
5. Jazz
6. Suns
7. Spurs
8. Hawks

defender4m
05-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Lakers

Magic
Celtics
Suns
Cavs
Spurs
Hawks
Jazz

AI4MVP
05-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Lakers

Magic
Celtics
Suns
Cavs
Spurs
Hawks
Jazz

the lakers have NOT been the best team of the playoffs so far

iluvsports2much
05-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Lol. If you think that the Cavs have the best chance to win it all right now, that shows how biased you are. They should be destroying the Celtics right now honestly.

I would say

1. Magic
2. Lakers
5. Jazz
6. Suns
7. Spurs
8. Hawks

this is the first time i am ever gonna say this to a celtics fan, but i totally agree with you...that fan is biased...i would honestly switch the celtics and lakers tho,lakers played a very unexperienced thunder squad and the C's have already taken home court advantage away from the best regular season team

TheKing23
05-04-2010, 08:16 PM

I would say

1. Magic
2. Lakers
5. Jazz
6. Suns
7. Spurs
8. Hawks

One game does not change my opinion which I had at the start of the playoffs.

iluvsports2much
05-04-2010, 08:16 PM
i could actually go as far as to say the C's are lookin like the best post season team so far...

iluvsports2much
05-04-2010, 08:17 PM
One game does not change my opinion which I had at the start of the playoffs.

how bout 3 Games???? cuz in the playoffs it is a different atmosphere in the boston garden

TheKing23
05-04-2010, 08:20 PM
how bout 3 Games???? cuz in the playoffs it is a different atmosphere in the boston garden

If Boston are leading 3-1 after two games in Boston then of course my opinion will be changed but i'm hugely confident that the Cavs can win at least one game in Boston and take back homecourt.

braveniler58
05-04-2010, 08:32 PM
1. Magic
2. Suns
3. Celtics
4. Cavs
5. Spurs
6. Lakers
7. Jazz
8. Hawks

Orlando is obviously playing the best ball out of anybody in the playoffs so far.

Maybe it's my bias, but Phoenix should be much higher than most of you rank them. They gave Portland 3 of their worst 4 losses in the season during the playoffs. They finally got the Game 1 Spurs Monkey off their backs.

Didn't expect the Celtics to beat the Heat that handily; I even had Miami advancing. Their demolition of the Cavs was impressive as well.

Cavs much lower than they should be, but that's probably because of the expectations surrounding them.

While I had the Spurs advancing past the Mavs, I didn't expect them to play that well (especially Hill). They played the Suns tough in Game 1 as well.

The Lakers has easily been the least impressive team in the playoffs. While the difference in record between them and the Thunder isn't that big, it was still a 1 vs 8 matchup. They lost to them twice and nearly lost Game 6, which would have meant a 1 vs 8 matchup that went 7 games. They barely beat the Jazz. Looking vulnerable.

As for the Jazz and the Hawks, somebody had to be the last two.

fairandbalanced
05-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Celtics
Magic
Cavaliers
Spurs
Suns
Hawks
Lakers
Utah

thethingsido4u
05-04-2010, 09:37 PM
1. Magic
2. Suns
3. Celtics
4. Cavs
5. Spurs
6. Lakers
7. Jazz
8. Hawks

Orlando is obviously playing the best ball out of anybody in the playoffs so far.

Maybe it's my bias, but Phoenix should be much higher than most of you rank them. They gave Portland 3 of their worst 4 losses in the season during the playoffs. They finally got the Game 1 Spurs Monkey off their backs.

Didn't expect the Celtics to beat the Heat that handily; I even had Miami advancing. Their demolition of the Cavs was impressive as well.

Cavs much lower than they should be, but that's probably because of the expectations surrounding them.

While I had the Spurs advancing past the Mavs, I didn't expect them to play that well (especially Hill). They played the Suns tough in Game 1 as well.

The Lakers has easily been the least impressive team in the playoffs. While the difference in record between them and the Thunder isn't that big, it was still a 1 vs 8 matchup. They lost to them twice and nearly lost Game 6, which would have meant a 1 vs 8 matchup that went 7 games. They barely beat the Jazz. Looking vulnerable.

bro...

Raph12
05-05-2010, 12:35 AM
1. Orlando Magic
2. Los Angeles Lakers
3. Boston Celtics
4. Cleveland Cavs
5. San Antonio Spurs
6. Phoenix Suns
7. Utah Jazz
8. Atlanta Hawks

ldc62
05-05-2010, 12:56 AM
Magic to win it all? Lakers probably because I don't expect Dwight to not get called for fouls

Raph12
05-05-2010, 01:21 AM
Magic to win it all? Lakers probably because I don't expect Dwight to not get called for fouls

Sounds about right... Let's go Spurs/Suns!

Switch
05-05-2010, 01:27 AM
1. Lakers
2. Magic
3. Boston
4. Cavs
5. Spurs
6. Suns
7. Jazz
8. Hawks

heatbb
05-05-2010, 01:28 AM
1. Orlando Magic
2. Cleveland Cavs
3. Boston Celtics
4. LA Lakers
5. Phoenix Suns
6. SanAntonio Spurs
7. Utah Jazz
8. Atlanta Hawks

Kobes a Killer
05-05-2010, 01:54 AM
That guy who put the hawks ahead of the lakers clearly has no idea what basketball even is

kikeyanez
05-05-2010, 01:59 AM
lakers

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-05-2010, 02:02 AM
1. Magic
2. Suns
3. Celtics
4. Cavs
5. Spurs
6. Lakers
7. Jazz
8. Hawks

thanks for the laugh:laugh:

kikeyanez
05-05-2010, 02:02 AM
final 4! lakers vs spurs an celtics vs magic 'finals' lakers vs magic

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-05-2010, 02:06 AM
They barely beat the Jazz. Looking vulnerable.

lol we have had 10+ lead from pretty much from start to finish in both games

and every time the jazz have made a run we take over again...yes really vulnerabel

Vee-Rex
05-05-2010, 02:06 AM
JFC there are a lot of Laker (or should I say Kobe) fans on these boards. I wonder if there were this many after Boston smoked them in the finals.

Is this how it is every time someone wins a championship? So if Orlando wins, next year the boards will be overloaded with Magic fans?

mser58
05-05-2010, 02:09 AM
1 magic
2 lakers
3 cavs
4 celtics
5 spurs
6 suns
7 jazz
8 hawks

DCB/LAL
05-05-2010, 02:09 AM
JFC there are a lot of Laker (or should I say Kobe) fans on these boards. I wonder if there were this many after Boston smoked them in the finals.

Is this how it is every time someone wins a championship? So if Orlando wins, next year the boards will be overloaded with Magic fans?

Says the "Lebron James fan" good one! :clap:

:laugh: :laugh2:

Theres only 1 Cavs fan that I can remember seeing all year long maybe 2.

Vee-Rex
05-05-2010, 02:10 AM
My fav player is KG, and my fav team is Boston.

someone is really looking dumb right now

DCB/LAL
05-05-2010, 02:13 AM

Thats EVEN WORSE!

Vee-Rex
05-05-2010, 02:16 AM
Thats EVEN WORSE!

Hey now, KG has had a great career. 1 MVP and 1 ring is a lot more than many others have gotten.

He's not nearly as good as he used to be but I stick with him. Sorry if I'm not a bandwagon fan who jumps to new players as the years go by. :clap:

:clap::laugh::silly::laugh::up::silly::laugh:

lol what a ******

Sadds The Gr8
05-05-2010, 02:20 AM
obviously L.A.

BravoKnights
05-05-2010, 02:22 AM
can we all just agree to hate cleveland and move on? :)

besides the lakers winning it all, the best thing that could happen is the cavs not making the finals and losing to the celtics

cambovenzi
05-05-2010, 02:26 AM

"Out of the remaining 8, whos most likely to win it all"

Lakers

lakerboy
05-05-2010, 03:31 AM
Lakers always play up to their opponents. It's really hard to base who the winner is at this point. Last year, the Rockets took the Lakers to 7 games, while the Cavs opened the playoffs 8-0.

I am choosing to stick with LA. Gasol is playing his best so far, Odom and Bynum are okay, Fisher is better than he was last year (admit it), and the thing I am very very very very happy about, is Kobe Bryant regaining his legs.

He looks better out there.

Cavs can still turn it on. But they have to beat the Celtics and the Magic.

Magic seems unbeatable, but they have played teams that are really inferior to them. The Lakers are the only team that have the bigs to battle them, and I think that showed last year. I still think we will beat them again. But we have to beat the Suns or the Spurs first.

Lakers
Magic
Celtics/Cavs
Spurs/Suns
Hawks

DCB/LAL
05-05-2010, 04:18 AM
Hey now, KG has had a great career. 1 MVP and 1 ring is a lot more than many others have gotten.

He's not nearly as good as he used to be but I stick with him. Sorry if I'm not a bandwagon fan who jumps to new players as the years go by. :clap:

lol what a ******

Really.....?????

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10067199&postcount=156

Vee-Rex
Standout Join Date: Jun 2009

Cavs fan here.

If LBJ told them to take away the cameras then that's just LAME. Everyone gets posterized, especially if they're the type of player that likes to contest a lot of shots.

It had to have been bad if he confiscated the cameras (probably lots of contact and LBJ hitting the ground). Even so, he should of just stood up, congratulated the guy that dunked on him with a pat to the back, and moved on.

Either way, I still hope he stay in Cleveland.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9940262&postcount=17

#17 06-28-2009, 08:48 AM
Vee-Rex
Standout Join Date: Jun 2009

Rasheed Wallace is a bum.

He used to be good but now his skill isn't worth his mouth. Too many technicals and whining... I'm glad he's not going to Cleveland.

Your a fan of who again?

Need more? Dont think so now STFU.

Who's the ****** now? :p

whitekimbo
05-05-2010, 05:06 AM
Really.....?????

Your a fan of who again?

ha, this guy jus made u look like an idiot

JayW_1023
05-05-2010, 05:10 AM
After tonight, Orlando looks most like the 2010 NBA Champion.

PHX2daDEATH
05-05-2010, 05:24 AM
After tonight, Orlando looks most like the 2010 NBA Champion.

1.Orlando
2.LAKERS
3.Phoenix
4.Boston
5.Cleveland
6.San Antonio
7.Utah
8.Atlanta

agreed but these things can change every night; it'll be interesting to see if LA can sweep Utah and get rest because the Suns/Spurs are probably going to go 6 or 7 (im hoping 5) I expect Orlando to make quick work of the Hawks and I expect Boston Cleveland to go 6 or 7 also

JayW_1023
05-05-2010, 05:29 AM
1.Orlando
2.LAKERS
3.Phoenix
4.Boston
5.Cleveland
6.San Antonio
7.Utah
8.Atlanta

agreed but these things can change every night; it'll be interesting to see if LA can sweep Utah and get rest because the Suns/Spurs are probably going to go 6 or 7 (im hoping 5) I expect Orlando to make quick work of the Hawks and I expect Boston Cleveland to go 6 or 7 also

Sorry, but there is no chance the Spurs will go down in less than seven games. It's gonna be a wild ride.

cambovenzi
05-05-2010, 05:43 AM
How do the magic plan on beating LA this time?

JayW_1023
05-05-2010, 05:46 AM

With a healthy Jameer Nelson and a much deeper bench to begin with...

Lord Leoshes
05-05-2010, 06:19 AM
i want BOS to win it all.

Patman
05-05-2010, 06:45 AM
i really want Utah to win against the Lakers but i don't see them winning it the Jazz are just undersized in the Frontcourt. But the Lakers don't look invincible.

Spurs vs. Suns will be a hard fought series. The Suns seem to be a better defensive Team then in the past. But the Spurs got their defense together in the Playoffs and if they can get something out of Hill and Jefferson in this series they can win it.

In the east i think it will be Cleveland or Orlando, it depends if Lebrons elbow is really bothering him, because if he can't hit midrange Jumpers it will be hard scoring inside against Howard.

cambovenzi
05-05-2010, 06:56 AM
You are going to need more than jameer nelson to beat the lakers.

MacFitz92
05-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Magic
Lakers
Celtics

Spurs
Cavs
Phoenix
Utah
Atlanta

MacFitz92
05-05-2010, 08:50 AM

By scoring more points than them.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-05-2010, 09:01 AM
From what we've seen in the playoffs so far, not in the regular season, but in the playoffs, rank the top 8 teams remaining 1 being most likely to win it all, 8 being least likely.

1.Orlando Magic
2.Boston Celtics
3.Cleveland Cavs
4.Los Angeles Lakers
5.Phoenix Suns
6.San Antonio Spurs
7.Utah Jazz
8.Atlanta Hawks

remember, dont rank these teams for what theyve done in the regular season, but rank them according to there playoff performances thus far

lakers
magic
celtics
cavs
suns
jazz
spurs
hawks

todu82
05-05-2010, 09:06 AM
1) Magic
2) Suns
3) Lakers
4) Celtics
5) Cavs
6) Spurs
7) Jazz
8) Hawks

RadiantShot
05-05-2010, 09:10 AM
I'd rather everyone put Orlando at the bottom of their list. I like our team being the underdogs of the NBA. ;)

barreleffact
05-05-2010, 09:11 AM
orl had a btter bench last year and lost. jameer nelson could be HUGE for them, but as great as he's been, he isnt the super fast type of PG that exposes fisher. so they could put him artest or kobe on him and it would be fine IMO. its looking like a laker orl finals repeat with a slight chance of boston and a lesser chance of clev. nobody looks good enough to beat La out west. and anyone who thinks the suns are winning the west is ********. granted i only saw the boxscore, but PHX looked like they couldnt habe shot any better and it was still a close game where as SA shot their ave. if SA plays defense and scores normally, this is at most a 6 game series for them. keep in mind SA lost gm 1 to dallas too

RadiantShot
05-05-2010, 09:11 AM
By scoring more points than them.

LMAO. Haha...

RadiantShot
05-05-2010, 09:16 AM
orl had a btter bench last year and lost. jameer nelson could be HUGE for them, but as great as he's been, he isnt the super fast type of PG that exposes fisher. so they could put him artest or kobe on him and it would be fine IMO. its looking like a laker orl finals repeat with a slight chance of boston and a lesser chance of clev. nobody looks good enough to beat La out west. and anyone who thinks the suns are winning the west is ********. granted i only saw the boxscore, but PHX looked like they couldnt habe shot any better and it was still a close game where as SA shot their ave. if SA plays defense and scores normally, this is at most a 6 game series for them. keep in mind SA lost gm 1 to dallas too

I actually think out of the teams left out west, Phoenix has the best chance at upsetting the Lakers. I know LA has killed them in the past, but Phoenix has the offensive firepower to take advantage. If the key players (Nash, Amar'e, Richardson, & Hill) go to work, they have a good chance of making it a nice series. I'm still picking LA in 6-7 to win it over Phoenix, if in fact, Phoenix does get to the WCF.

Raph12
05-05-2010, 09:18 AM

1. By replacing Alston, Lee, Turkoglu, Lue, Battie and Jeremy Richardson with; Nelson, Carter, Barnes, J-Will, Bass and Ryan Anderson.

2. By replacing a very offensively limited and raw Dwight, with a more experienced, hungry and potent Dwight.

3. By replacing a spotup shooter in Redick, with an all-around decent player after the long strides he's made in his game.

4. With HCA.

5. With the momentum (yet rest from both 1st and 2nd round series) from the series against the Celts/Cavs.

Magic in 6 (in Orlando) in a rematch.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-05-2010, 09:18 AM
1) Magic :laugh2:
2) Suns :facepalm:
3) Lakers
4) Celtics
5) Cavs
6) Spurs
7) Jazz
8) Hawks

read em and weep

Voodoo Alchemy
05-05-2010, 09:28 AM
1. By replacing Alston, Lee, Turkoglu, Lue, Battie and Jeremy Richardson with; Nelson, Carter, Barnes, J-Will, Bass and Ryan Anderson.

2. By replacing a very offensively limited and raw Dwight, with a more experienced, hungry and potent Dwight.

3. By replacing a spotup shooter in Redick, with an all-around decent player after the long strides he's made in his game.

4. With HCA.

5. With the momentum (yet rest from both 1st and 2nd round series) from the series against the Celts/Cavs.

Magic in 6 (in Orlando) in a rematch.

good points, i have the lakers and magic in the finals unfortunately, the magic have no star power the lakers are bearable to watch only because of kobe. however, howard won't be a factor on the offensive end. he's going to choke again at the free throw line. carter looks old at times. not having hedo is going to haunt the magic.

Dolemite
05-05-2010, 09:50 AM
celtics baby

Voodoo Alchemy
05-05-2010, 09:57 AM
celtics baby

with what bench?

Vee-Rex
05-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Really.....?????

Your a fan of who again?

In what post did I say I was not a Cavs fan?

Your entire post is meaningless and only shows what an idiot you are. If you know how to read then you'd see there wasn't a contradiction in any of my statements.

Boston if my favorite team. I'm a fan of the Cavs, Warriors, and Heat. L2read n00b.

Raph12
05-05-2010, 10:35 AM
good points, i have the lakers and magic in the finals unfortunately, the magic have no star power the lakers are bearable to watch only because of kobe. however, howard won't be a factor on the offensive end. he's going to choke again at the free throw line. carter looks old at times. not having hedo is going to haunt the magic.

Dwight has dominated both Pau and Bynum this season, they can't hold him back anymore. Gasol will go back to his flopping game, it will be on the refs to give him the calls for them to have a chance. FTs will only matter if they resort to hack-a-Dwight or each game is won by 5pts or less.

Carter>>>>>Hedo, Barnes>>>>>Lee, Nelson>>>>>Finals Nelson/Alston... Nuff said.

Frezhnitz
05-05-2010, 10:37 AM

that dont mean anything. The lakers are actually getting better.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Dwight has dominated both Pau and Bynum this season, they can't hold him back anymore. Gasol will go back to his flopping game, it will be on the refs to give him the calls for them to have a chance. FTs will only matter if they resort to hack-a-Dwight or each game is won by 5pts or less.

howard has zero offensive game. carter is better than hedo? what a joke. who the hell kept you guys competitive? hedo is a better defender than carter. nuff said.

magicdouglas
05-05-2010, 10:47 AM
howard has zero offensive game. carter is better than hedo? what a joke. who the hell kept you guys competitive? hedo is a better defender than carter. nuff said.

dude have you watched any magic games this year? :facepalm:

trevken
05-05-2010, 10:47 AM
The Cleveland Lebron's will win the title.

Raph12
05-05-2010, 10:48 AM

And with this post you lost all creditbility... I'm putting this up on my sig.

magicdouglas
05-05-2010, 10:49 AM
The Cleveland Lebron's will win the title.

:laugh2:

ballpd05
05-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Question should be which of the 4 East teams will make it to the finals to fall prey to the defending champs.

As much as I hate the Lakers I have a feeling that this is the way it will go. The Lakers have the best post rotation in basketball in Bynum, Gasol, and Odom... And they have Kobe, Artest, Shannon Brown, and even Odom can come in and play on the perimeter. They just have too much size, length and skill, and their bigs can actually move.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-05-2010, 11:15 AM
And with this post you lost all creditbility... I'm putting this up on my sig.

thanks for putting my quote on your sig. everytime you post, you'll think of me. some of you guys are childish like you just posterized someone.

i stand behind what i said. hedo gave you guys shooting and defense. carter is old. i'll say once again, howard is overrated. and until he can prove he has a post game, mid range and consistently hit free throws, he's never going to be the man.

Raph12
05-05-2010, 11:22 AM
thanks for putting my quote on your sig. everytime you post, you'll think of me. some of you guys are childish like you just posterized someone.

i stand behind what i said. hedo gave you guys shooting and defense. carter is old. i'll say once again, howard is overrated. and until he can prove he has a post game, mid range and consistently hit free throws, he's never going to be the man.

Hedo is one of the worst defenders in the league and a terrible shooter as well, Dwight and Stan's system made him look much better than he is, just look at what happened in Toronto. Hedo gave Orlando a mismatch, but Carter's much more talented and Barnes provides much better defense and rebounding at the 3 than Hedo ever did.

Howard is underrated, he has a good post game and can score on anyone 1v1, he's prohibited from shooting the ball (coach's orders) and his FT shooting is pure mental, it'll come with time.

ballpd05
05-05-2010, 11:24 AM

I don't think so. In a seven game series you get to be acclimated with your opponents style, and I just don't see from a matchup standpoint that the Magic have what it takes.

Dwight won't be able to bully Bynum, Mbenga, and Gasol all game because they will come out with a game plan. That gameplan will force the Magic to have to make 3's over those extremely long arms of the Lakers.

The Magic are better at the 1 and 5... But the Lakers are better at the other 3. Vince cannot guard Kobe, and even worse Rashard Lewis cannot guard Pau Gasol. Ron Artest and Matt Barnes may cancel each other out, but Ron has a tad bit more offense.

When it comes down to it I think the Lakers mismatches will trump the Magic's. The Lakers are legitimately the most talented team in the NBA.

Avenged
05-05-2010, 11:25 AM
I think it's a toss up between Los Angeles, Cleveland, and Orlando.

L.A has really stepped up their play as of late.

Cleveland is just that good.

And Orlando is arguably playing the best ball right now in the postseason, they're the only undefeated team.

I would put Boston in here but I can't see them winning it all. They're playing Cleveland tough and have a good chance of winning the series now, but I think that's as far as they'll go if they advance.

ballpd05
05-05-2010, 11:28 AM

And Orlando is arguably playing the best ball right now in the postseason, they're the only undefeated team.

I would put Boston in here but I can't see them winning it all. They're playing Cleveland tough and have a good chance of winning the series now, but I think that's as far as they'll go if they advance.

Cleveland is only that good if Lebron is playing like the Lebron we know, and not the one that showed up in game 2 the other day.

Orlando is, but they had favorable matchups. The NBA is all about matchups and whose style or strengths can expose a weakness... Remember Cleveland swept the first two rounds last year almost effortlessly.

Avenged
05-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Dwight is underrated by a lot of people. "No post game, no mid range shot, bad ft%, etc... you name it". Even with all those flaws, he still puts up a good stat line.

He averaged 18 points, 13 rebounds, and 2.8 blocks. Do you know what's even more impressive? He shot a near 60% from the field.

HOZ THE KNICK
05-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Orlando is on a mission right now

Avenged
05-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Cleveland is only that good if Lebron is playing like the Lebron we know, and not the one that showed up in game 2 the other day.

Orlando is, but they had favorable matchups. The NBA is all about matchups and whose style or strengths can expose a weakness... Remember Cleveland swept the first two rounds last year almost effortlessly.

But how often does that Lebron not show up? It's not very often. That Cleveland team is good, they have all the pieces to win it all. You can't discredit the Celtics, they played them hard and they're not a slouch of a team themselves. They're really starting to prove everyone wrong who said they wouldn't get far and what not.

Yes, the Magic has had a favorable schedule compared to everyone else but they're still getting it done. It's still tough to go undefeated in the playoffs regardless of whom you play, especially if your best player is rarely on the court. You can look at it in 2 ways, one being that when they get to the ECF they might have a hard time because they didn't get challenged in the first two rounds. Or you can look at it in the way that they'll be fresh compared to other teams, they're going to have all the energy going into the ECF while other teams are playing to the 6 and 7 games.

This Orlando team isn't the Cleveland team of last year. This team is much better and improved.

Raph12
05-05-2010, 11:38 AM
I don't think so. In a seven game series you get to be acclimated with your opponents style, and I just don't see from a matchup standpoint that the Magic have what it takes.

Dwight won't be able to bully Bynum, Mbenga, and Gasol all game because they will come out with a game plan. That gameplan will force the Magic to have to make 3's over those extremely long arms of the Lakers.

The Magic are better at the 1 and 5... But the Lakers are better at the other 3. Vince cannot guard Kobe, and even worse Rashard Lewis cannot guard Pau Gasol. Ron Artest and Matt Barnes may cancel each other out, but Ron has a tad bit more offense.

When it comes down to it I think the Lakers mismatches will trump the Magic's. The Lakers are legitimately the most talented team in the NBA.

Dwight will foul Bynum and Mbenga out in a couple of minutes, Gasol will have to guard him, putting Odom on Shard. Nelson will abuse Fisher, Barnes will do a decent job on Kobe and Artest will do the same on Carter.

The Lakers are the most talented from Kobe, Gasol, Bynum and Odom, Artest and Fish are overrated, the Magic have the most talented roster (1-12) in the league.

Charlotte is the best defensive team in the league (besides Orlando of course), their stingy and aggressive defense would be trouble for any team. They had the best record against the Cavs this season (3-1) and would pose matchup problems for almost any team.

Atlanta swept Boston and has played well against them for years, had they played the Celts in the 2nd round and Charlotte played Cleveland in the 1st round, you guys wouldn't be talking smack about favorable matchups.

Vee-Rex
05-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Lakers are still the team to beat. Sometimes they play inconsistently but they usually find a way to pull it out.

Orlando is definitely playing the best right now, but most likely to win the championship is another story. Cleveland was playing the best last year until the ECF, when they faced a team they couldn't beat.

Order for the teams most likely to win it all:

1. LA
2. Orlando
3. Cleveland (depends on Lebron)
4. Boston (depends on Lebron)
5. Spurs
6. Suns
7. Jazz
8. Hawks

That's an unbiased opinion right there.

mikantsass
05-05-2010, 12:00 PM
1. Magic
2. Lakers
3. Celtics
4. Spurs
5. Cavs
6. Suns
7. Jazz
8. Hawks

eugene
05-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Atlanta :P

SunsFanIam
05-05-2010, 12:21 PM
1. Magic
2. Lakers
3.Cavs
4.Suns
5.Celtics
6.Spurs
7.Hawks
8.Jazz

This thread is suppose to be based off how they are playing so far in the playoffs. Not because the are defending champs.

So I put Lakers at 2.

I put Cavs at three because they should have easily taken care of chicago.

I put the Suns at 4 to be honestly because Suns are playing good basketball with defence and Offence,and a little homerism.

I put the Boston at 5 behind the Suns because I don't think they can beat the Magic. They have to beat them to get to finals..

I put the spurs at 6 because I just don't think they have what it takes to get past this Suns team, let alone the Lakers.

I put Jazz 7 only because I dont think the Hawks are going to even win a game against the Magic.

Lastly I put Magic at 1 because I think they have been playing the best basketball in the playoffs... To me they are the team to beat.

m26555
05-05-2010, 01:06 PM

I don't see how you can say that with the way they've performed thus far in the playoffs. They haven't looked that impressive at all.

Avenged
05-05-2010, 01:12 PM
I don't see how you can say that with the way they've performed thus far in the playoffs. They haven't looked that impressive at all.

I guess I should have said Lebron is just that good. ;)

anpmp
05-05-2010, 01:13 PM
How good each of these teams are playing right now doesn't really matter a whole lot. Last year Cavs swept both their first two round series and then lost in the conference finals to Orlando. What's going to matter are the matchups.

East should still belong to Orlando, although Cavs or Boston will have a pretty good chance of beating them.

West will definitely be the Lakers. The primary reason is because of the Laker bigs. There are only 3 teams in the NBA that can counter Lakers bigs and all 3 are in the East - Orlando, Cavs and Boston. Utah, Phoenix and San Antonio simply don't have the interior defense to contend with the likes of Bynum, Gasol and Odom.

Finals is too close to call and I could see any team winning it among Orlando, Lakers, Cavs and Boston.

Double_R
05-05-2010, 01:37 PM
That guy who put the hawks ahead of the lakers clearly has no idea what basketball even is

hahhahha

Double_R
05-05-2010, 01:38 PM
How good each of these teams are playing right now doesn't really matter a whole lot. Last year Cavs swept both their first two round series and then lost in the conference finals to Orlando. What's going to matter are the matchups.

East should still belong to Orlando, although Cavs or Boston will have a pretty good chance of beating them.

West will definitely be the Lakers. The primary reason is because of the Laker bigs. There are only 3 teams in the NBA that can counter Lakers bigs and all 3 are in the East - Orlando, Cavs and Boston. Utah, Phoenix and San Antonio simply don't have the interior defense to contend with the likes of Bynum, Gasol and Odom.

Finals is too close to call and I could see any team winning it among Orlando, Lakers, Cavs and Boston.

Best answer yet...

AI4MVP
05-05-2010, 02:16 PM
if orlando gets to LA this time there winning it all. Jameer Nelson has been amazingin the playoff so far. I know he "returned" in the finals last year, but he really didnt. Last time the magic went to the finals they had rafer alston with anthony johnson backing him up. This year its all star point guard Jameer Nelson with Jason Williams backing him up. Jameer Nelson will single handedly make derek fisher his *****

RadiantShot
05-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Seriously, guys. Stop loving the Magic now. I want to say, "I told you so." You're not allowing me to do that.

anpmp
05-05-2010, 02:30 PM
if orlando gets to LA this time there winning it all. Jameer Nelson has been amazingin the playoff so far. I know he "returned" in the finals last year, but he really didnt. Last time the magic went to the finals they had rafer alston with anthony johnson backing him up. This year its all star point guard Jameer Nelson with Jason Williams backing him up. Jameer Nelson will single handedly make derek fisher his *****

Yeah, Jameer Nelson has always played well against LA. Plus this time Orlando has home court advantage.

As far as LA is concerned, Bynum is playing far more effective basketball this year than last. But that may not be able to offset Nelson's effectiveness this year. I think LA will face a much tougher battle this year against Orlando assuming Orlando makes it there.

G-Funk
05-05-2010, 02:31 PM
1.los Angeles Lakers
2.Orlando Magic
3.Boston Celtics
4.Cleveland Cavs
5.San Antonio Spurs
6.Phoenix Suns
7.Utah Jazz
8.Atlanta Hawks

Wade_County
05-05-2010, 02:33 PM
whoever wins the east i think will win it all

G-Funk
05-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Look Barnes is overrated he is not going to stop a hungry Kobe.
Cater will get shut down by Artest and Kobe.
Dwight will get neutralized by Bynum, Gasol and Odom.
Nelson will be the only player to have a great series but just won't be enough.

Raph12
05-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Look Barnes is overrated he is not going to stop a hungry Kobe.
Cater will get shut down by Artest and Kobe.
Dwight will get neutralized by Bynum, Gasol and Odom.
Nelson will be the only player to have a great series but just won't be enough.

Kobe's finger will stop him (about 38-42FG%).
Carter and Artest will cancel each other out (VC will get the edge).
Dwight will take Bynum out and control the game on the defensive end.
Nelson will destroy anything the Lakeshow can throw at him.
Shard will provide the daggers when they cheat to help out on Dwight.
Magic bench will be the deciding factor.

G-Funk
05-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Kobe's finger will stop him (about 38-42FG%).
Carter and Artest will cancel each other out (VC will get the edge).
Dwight will take Bynum out and control the game on the defensive end.
Nelson will destroy anything the Lakeshow can throw at him.
Shard will provide the daggers when they cheat to help out on Dwight.
Magic bench will be the deciding factor.

The Magic becnh will put their tale between their legs once the see the *** whooping the Lakers are giving the Magic starters.

And Kobe won't score 38%

btw If Artest can own Durant he will destroy Vince

Raph12
05-05-2010, 03:23 PM
The Magic becnh will put their tale between their legs once the see the *** whooping the Lakers are giving the Magic starters.

And Kobe won't score 38%

The Lakers will be lucky to keep up, the Magic will steamroll over them, the only thing that will keep them in it is the refs... I'd say you'd better pray the Magic don't get to the Finals, but truth be told, I'm pretty sure the Cavs and Celts could both beat you guys as well.

And Kobe won't shoot over 42%, I guarantee it.

d-baller23
05-05-2010, 03:24 PM

And Kobe won't score 38%

Not gonna happen Matt Barnes fights Kobe, and gets them both suspended for the rest of the series, boom Magic wins the Championship.lol But seriously, Dwight will be better than Bynum, Bass will be blocking Gasol, Lewis will be puttin out daggers, Nelson out scoring Fisher, VC, will avg 20 ppg. Gortat will dunk on Gortat again.

G-Funk
05-05-2010, 03:29 PM
The Lakers will be lucky to keep up, the Magic will steamroll over them, the only thing that will keep them in it is the refs... I'd say you'd better pray the Magic don't get to the Finals, but truth be told, I'm pretty sure the Cavs and Celts could both beat you guys as well.

And Kobe won't shoot over 42%, I guarantee it.

Not even homecourt will save the Magic and Dwight wont dominate commiting those ******** fouls. and you won't win it all with Foulonyou's horrible % from the FT line. Also you should worry about the Cavs before telling me that. and the Celtics are a joke, Even you picked us ahead of those 2 teams. I guarntee a ring if Lakers play Magic.

And if Kobe shoots less than 42% then I expect Vince to shoot less then 35%

1. Orlando Magic
2. Los Angeles Lakers
3. Boston Celtics
4. Cleveland Cavs
5. San Antonio Spurs
6. Phoenix Suns
7. Utah Jazz
8. Atlanta Hawks

G-Funk
05-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Not gonna happen Matt Barnes fights Kobe, and gets them both suspended for the rest of the series, boom Magic wins the Championship.lol But seriously, Dwight will be better than Bynum, Bass will be blocking Gasol, Lewis will be puttin out daggers, Nelson out scoring Fisher, VC, will avg 20 ppg. Gortat will dunk on Gortat again.

All that is wishfull thinking

Raph12
05-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Not even homecourt will save the Magic and Dwight wont dominate commiting those ******** fouls. and you won't win it all with Foulonyou's horrible % from the FT line. Also you should worry about the Cavs before telling me that. and the Celtics are a joke, Even you picked us ahead of those 2 teams. I guarntee a ring if Lakers play Magic.

And if Kobe shoots less than 42% then I expect Vince to shoot less then 35%

We're not worried about anyone, everyone expects the Lakers or Cavs to win, we have no pressure on us. We'll go in, play Magic basketball and just straight up dominate, now if Dwight's in foul trouble, we'll lose for sure.

I put LA ahead of the Celts and Cavs because I don't think those guys can get past us, I honestly believe whoever wins the East, wins it all.

comet_10
05-05-2010, 03:49 PM
wouldnt write of LA just yet, kobe seems to have found youth all of a sudden, having said that so have the celtics, look out for ray allen he will go 20ppg the whole playoffs Jesus has still got it. cant tell how orlando will go untill they have a bad shooting game and teams can afford to collapse and hack dwight, cavs wont get there if lebrons elbow causes him as much pain as it is now, la will get there from the west, east is tough to call, boston or orlando for me, and boston or orlando to beat la even without home court.

Avenged
05-05-2010, 04:48 PM
I'd actually want the Magic in the finals over Cleveland.

I think L.A would beat them easier than they would Cleveland.

DCB/LAL
05-05-2010, 05:00 PM

lol what a ******

In what post did I say I was not a Cavs fan?

Your entire post is meaningless and only shows what an idiot you are. If you know how to read then you'd see there wasn't a contradiction in any of my statements.

Boston if my favorite team. I'm a fan of the Cavs, Warriors, and Heat. L2read n00b.

Here's our whole convo I called you a Cavs fans and you said I looked like an idiot because your a Boston fan which if you put it into context you were insinuating you WEREN'T a CAVS FAN. :rolleyes:

Man who's acting like the **** now. :laugh:

Wsupden
05-05-2010, 05:04 PM
That guy that put the hawks over the lakers should just not watch basketball. Boston & the lakers are the only teams capable of beating the magic in these playoffs. you may not like that, but it's true. lebron not being at 100% and with the front court the cavs have, cannot compete against dwight howard. i don't like the magic, but they have the best chance of making the finals this year, although, if the lakers make the finals, i think they can win in 7. The spurs also have a tiny chance of beating the magic, just due to experience, and tim duncan/tony parker. ginobli is a beast, he'd shoot 3's over carter all day.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-05-2010, 05:08 PM
look, it's obvious it's going to be the magic vs. lakers in the finals especially with cavs playing like crap. everyone's talking about nelson taking over the game. the only guy that's going to be doing anything in the "taking over" department is kobe. howard doesn't have a post up game to take anyone 1on1. the lakers are playing some killer basketball right now. if were left up to me, i want the magic to win the title because i hate the lakers. but when you have kobe, it's tough to bet against that man.

unleashthebeast
05-05-2010, 05:10 PM
the nets are still in it right? cuz im going with them :)

Voodoo Alchemy
05-05-2010, 05:11 PM
That guy that put the hawks over the lakers should just not watch basketball. Boston & the lakers are the only teams capable of beating the magic in these playoffs. you may not like that, but it's true. lebron not being at 100% and with the front court the cavs have, cannot compete against dwight howard. i don't like the magic, but they have the best chance of making the finals this year, although, if the lakers make the finals, i think they can win in 7. The spurs also have a tiny chance of beating the magic, just due to experience, and tim duncan/tony parker. ginobli is a beast, he'd shoot 3's over carter all day.

simply put: no! :no:

DCB/LAL
05-05-2010, 05:12 PM
The way teams are playing right now id go...

1.Magic- Most impressive win and series lead
2.Celtics-Boston- If not for a 4th qtr meltdown they could be up 2-0 but whats important is they stole one in Cleveland.
3.Lakers- Up 2-0 on the Jazz and have lead the majority of both games.
4.Suns- Lead their series against the Spurs but it's gonna be a tough series.
5.Spurs- Spurs lost game 1 but then again they also lost game 1 to the Mavs.
6.Cavs- Have not looked like the same team in regular season maybe the playoff jitters are getting to them again? :shrug:
7.Jazz- Have not looked like the same team that beat Denver, they just dont match-up well with LA their too undersized need to play alot tougher at home expect them to be a different team at home.
8.Hawks- Hawk got an ***** Beating by the Magic, IDK if I should make to mcuh of it Atlanta is a different team at home I think they can make a series of this when they go back home.

Costra_Nostra
05-05-2010, 05:13 PM
I think after Game 3 for each team we will have a better picture. Right now Orlando looks the strongest, with Cleveland looking the most vulnerable. Boston, LA, and Orlando look SCARY on the defensive end right now. Cleveland has slipped up a little bit.

1. Orlando
2. LA
3. Boston
4. Cleveland

I really can't decide on the 3 and 4 slots. I say the winner in Game 3 takes the series.

magicdouglas
05-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Wow I can't believe all the love for Orlando in here

G-Funk
05-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Wow I can't believe all the love for Orlando in here

Its well deserved

basketfan4life
05-05-2010, 10:50 PM
orlando reminds me a little bit of a cavs from last year,just saying...

Vee-Rex
05-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Here's our whole convo I called you a Cavs fans and you said I looked like an idiot because your a Boston fan which if you put it into context you were insinuating you WEREN'T a CAVS FAN. :rolleyes:

Man who's acting like the **** now. :laugh:

You called me a 'Lebron' fan, not a Cavs fan. Then you mentioned there was only one Cavs fan that you've seen, maybe two. Not ONCE did you say I was a Cavs fan.

I said Boston was my favorite team since you were insinuating that Cleveland was, and they aren't.

Do I have to write this is crayon for you to understand? :clap::laugh::clap:

Raph12
05-05-2010, 11:14 PM
orlando reminds me a little bit of a cavs from last year,just saying...

So you think Orlando relies on one guy to do everything on the court while everyone else watches?... Too bad no team presents big matchup problems for this year's Magic, the way the Magic did for the Cavs last year.

evadatam5150
05-05-2010, 11:27 PM

Somebodies hating.. LOL

Same old story, Suns fan doesn't really need to be the best as long as everyone considers them better than the Lakers.. :clap:

At least Suns fan is consistent..

AI4MVP
05-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Somebodies hating.. LOL

Same old story, Suns fan doesn't really need to be the best as long as everyone considers them better than the Lakers.. :clap:

At least Suns fan is consistent..

how the **** am i hating?? do u really believe the lakers have been the best team in the playoffs? not only have they not been the best team in the playoffs(magic have been with celtics creepin), they havent even been the best team in the WEST. YES. you heard me. its a fact. the suns have been by far the best team in the west this playoffs.

so no, im not hating. and your the one hating reality becuz the lakers have NOT been better then the magic OR celtics.

DCB/LAL
05-06-2010, 12:00 AM

You called me a 'Lebron' fan, not a Cavs fan. Then you mentioned there was only one Cavs fan that you've seen, maybe two. Not ONCE did you say I was a Cavs fan.

I said Boston was my favorite team since you were insinuating that Cleveland was, and they aren't.

Do I have to write this is crayon for you to understand? :clap::laugh::clap:

If the bolded part isn't calling you a Cavs or if you cant put that into context then you really are ******** and I apologize for making fun of you.

Duncan = Donkey
05-06-2010, 12:04 AM
1. Lakers
2. Magic
3. Cavs
4. Suns
5. Celtics
6. Spurs
7. Jazz
8. Hawks

Lakersfanla24
05-06-2010, 01:09 AM
1. Magic
2. Suns
3. Celtics
4. Cavs
5. Spurs
6. Lakers
7. Jazz
8. Hawks

haha if u say so pal check the defensive numbers first
#1 in FG% - 39.9%
#2 in 3FG% - 31.1%
#1 in FG% margin - 6.2%
#1 in rebounding - 45.1
#1 in blocks - 7.3

Voodoo Alchemy
05-06-2010, 03:37 AM
how the **** am i hating?? do u really believe the lakers have been the best team in the playoffs? not only have they not been the best team in the playoffs(magic have been with celtics creepin), they havent even been the best team in the WEST. YES. you heard me. its a fact. the suns have been by far the best team in the west this playoffs.

so no, im not hating. and your the one hating reality becuz the lakers have NOT been better then the magic OR celtics.

the lakers looked vulnerable against the thunder, that series probably would've gone 7. but the lakers are puttin a whoop azz on the jazz. i have to see what the outcomes are for games 3 and 4 for both the lakers and suns to determine who's playing the best basketball in the west. however, even if the suns play the lakers in the wcf, without lopez, the suns don't stand a chance. lakers in 5 maybe 6.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-06-2010, 03:39 AM
lakers
magic
suns or celtics
cavs (because of lebron's injury)
who cares about the rest

cambovenzi
05-06-2010, 04:00 AM

LOL @ the suns fan claiming they are better than the lakers.
and since when is it a "FACT" because you say it?:facepalm:

Kyle916
05-06-2010, 04:04 AM
Lakers

Voodoo Alchemy
05-06-2010, 04:14 AM
LOL @ the suns fan claiming they are better than the lakers.
and since when is it a "FACT" because you say it?:facepalm:

who's stating FACT? why isn't he entitled to his opinion? what makes your opinion anymore valuable? your argument has to be more compelling than that.

cambovenzi
05-06-2010, 04:26 AM

who's stating FACT? why isn't he entitled to his opinion? what makes your opinion anymore valuable? your argument has to be more compelling than that.

read better please.

he claimed its a fact the lakers aren't the best in the west.
and he didnt even bother to say anything to back it up. (stats, results, players, etc)

Vee-Rex
05-07-2010, 12:23 AM
If the bolded part isn't calling you a Cavs or if you cant put that into context then you really are ******** and I apologize for making fun of you.

The bolded part wasn't in your original message, you ******.

You edited it. So all of this comes down to you editing a message? lol you're the dumbest Kobe fan on this site.

DCB/LAL
05-07-2010, 12:27 AM
The bolded part wasn't in your original message, you ******.

You edited it. So all of this comes down to you editing a message? lol you're the dumbest Kobe fan on this site.

:facepalm:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13214121&postcount=36

Wow really if I edited the message it would say at the bottom of the message at what time edited it...

Its pretty clear to anyone who wants to read this that I Did not edit it.

Really man just let it go I can s**t on you all day if you keep replying back you make it too easy. :D

D Roses Bulls
05-07-2010, 12:38 AM
the magic looking too damn good. better watch out lakers

evadatam5150
05-07-2010, 01:11 AM
Really.....?????

Your a fan of who again?

DCB that is just one of the best Bytch Slaps I've seen in a long time.. Well done sir... Well Done indeed..!!! :clap::clap::clap:

ldc62
05-07-2010, 01:48 AM
Lakers
Suns
Cavs
Magic

Rest...

Shaq is going to have to play a huge factor in the Cavs vs Magic series.... I can see the Big Cactus be the Big Dirty; Shaq is going to try to take Dwight out.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-07-2010, 03:14 AM
Lakers
Suns
Cavs
Magic

Rest...

Shaq is going to have to play a huge factor in the Cavs vs Magic series.... I can see the Big Cactus be the Big Dirty; Shaq is going to try to take Dwight out.

what? you got the magic at the bottom 4? insane.

ldc62
05-07-2010, 03:25 AM
what? you got the magic at the bottom 4? insane.

They haven't been challenged yet... sometime you want a small challenge before taking on the big boys.

dodie53
05-07-2010, 05:02 AM
suns ofcourse.

hehe

Vee-Rex
05-07-2010, 10:38 AM
:facepalm:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13214121&postcount=36

Wow really if I edited the message it would say at the bottom of the message at what time edited it...

Its pretty clear to anyone who wants to read this that I Did not edit it.

Really man just let it go I can s**t on you all day if you keep replying back you make it too easy. :D

lol you can S**t on me on an internet forum? You take this stuff way too seriously, chief.

Also, some messages don't show if they're edited. I've done it before.

SouljahPhil...
05-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Magic
Lakers
Cavs/C's
Suns..

In that order according to performance thus far..

magicdouglas
05-07-2010, 11:55 AM
They haven't been challenged yet... sometime you want a small challenge before taking on the big boys.

Oh you must mean how the Magic have won 23 of their last 26 including wins over LA, San Ant, Cleveland, Denver and Dallas and have not lost a play off game yet. I hope you not a betting man cause you'd be BROKE boy! :speechless:

JayW_1023
05-07-2010, 12:19 PM
The Spurs are better equipped to beat LA than Phoenix, so if the Suns win vs. San Antonio...the Lakers are pretty much a lock for the finals.

bdawks20
05-07-2010, 01:31 PM
orlando

Voodoo Alchemy
05-07-2010, 01:38 PM
The Spurs are better equipped to beat LA than Phoenix, so if the Suns win vs. San Antonio...the Lakers are pretty much a lock for the finals.

why would you say the spurs are better equipped to beat the lakers? on what grounds? artest would clamp down ginobili, kobe on parker, double team duncan with gasol and bynum, who would step up? mcdyess, jefferson, hill, mason, bonner? i'm not saying the suns would have a better chance because they don't.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-07-2010, 01:40 PM

charlotte is a great defensive team. the hawks are young and athletic. anytime you're in the playoffs you're being challenged regardless of who you play. give the magic tremendous respect because they are coming out of the east unfortunately. sorry lebron.

Punkindrublic03
05-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Miami Heat

magicdouglas
05-07-2010, 03:08 PM
charlotte is a great defensive team. the hawks are young and athletic. anytime you're in the playoffs you're being challenged regardless of who you play. give the magic tremendous respect because they are coming out of the east unfortunately. sorry lebron.

Thank you, well said :clap:

Mavrix
05-07-2010, 03:16 PM
1. Orlando Magic
2. LA Lakers
3. Cleveland Cavs
4. Phoenix Suns
5. Boston Celtics
6. San Antonio Spurs
7. Utah Jazz
8. Atlanta Hawks

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
05-07-2010, 03:17 PM
1. Magic
2. Lakers
3. Cavs
4. Celtics
5. Suns
6. Spurs
7. Jazz
8. Hawks

Raph12
05-07-2010, 03:25 PM
The Magic have won 26 of their last 29 games and 39 of their last 47, including wins over the Lakers, Cavs (2 wins), Celtics (2 wins), Hawks, Mavs, Spurs and Nuggets in that stretch. They beat each team at least once (only Mavs have done this), have not lost a season series (only team to do so), led the league in ptDIFF and in SRS rating (takes strength of schedule into consideration). And they're the only undefeated team in the playoffs, it's like I said on the other thread, if the Cavs played Charlotte and the Celts played Atlanta in the first round, you guys would be singing to a different tune...

Btw the Lakers never had a real threat throughout the playoffs last season (no I don't count the Yao & McGrady-less Rockets series as a threat) and they won the ship. Stop sipping the haterade and give credit where it's due.

Mavrix
05-07-2010, 03:28 PM
If the Magic don't win it all this year I'm gonna be disappointed x 2.

Raph12
05-07-2010, 03:37 PM
If the Magic don't win it all this year I'm gonna be disappointed x 2.

You and me both, but you know what's the silver lining?... Dwight's 24, Nelson's 27 and Shard's 30; VC is 33, but is an expiring after next season and we have quite a few young role players (Redick [25], Bass [24], Anderson [21], Pietrus [27], Gortat [25] and Barnes [29]).

Our window of oppurtunity isn't closing anytime soon, barring injuries of course.

RadiantShot
05-07-2010, 03:40 PM
I'll be disappointed, Of course I want Orlando to win, but we've done so many great things this season. I think we'll win, but I won't gloat. "We'll see come June." ;)

SteveNash
05-07-2010, 04:05 PM
1. Lakers
2. Cavs
3. Celtics
4. Suns
5. Jazz
6. Magic
7. Spurs
8. Hawks

magicdouglas
05-07-2010, 05:06 PM
1. Lakers
2. Cavs
3. Celtics
4. Suns
5. Jazz
6. Magic
7. Spurs
8. Hawks

surprised suns aren't at the top of your list with the Magic at the bottom

1 Magic
2 Lakers
3 Celtics
4 Cavs
5 Suns
6 Jazz
7 Spurs
8 Hawks

Mavrix
05-07-2010, 06:16 PM
1. Lakers
2. Cavs
3. Celtics
4. Suns
5. Jazz
6. Magic
7. Spurs
8. Hawkslol

SteveNash
05-07-2010, 06:49 PM
surprised suns aren't at the top of your list with the Magic at the bottom

1 Magic
2 Lakers
3 Celtics
4 Cavs
5 Suns
6 Jazz
7 Spurs
8 Hawks

Why? I'm not a Suns fan or a Magic hater.

I just correctly recognized they're not a championship team.

magicdouglas
05-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Why? I'm not a Suns fan or a Magic hater.

I just correctly recognized they're not a championship team.

:facepalm: no, you just don't know basketball.

2 more games steves rash

SteveNash
05-07-2010, 07:04 PM
:facepalm: no, you just don't know basketball.

2 more games steves rash

And then when the season ends and the Magic still don't have a championship I'll be proven right.

Raph12
05-07-2010, 10:03 PM
And then when the season ends and the Magic still don't have a championship I'll be proven right.

Bla bla bla... You're a broken record, unless you're a Heat fan, that championship eludes the rest of the young superstars in league at this point as well (Lebron, Melo, Durant, Bosh, Stat, CP3, D-Will, etc...), Dwight's 24, he's got more than enough time to get a ring.

Get it all out bro, just two more wins.

PHX2daDEATH
05-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Sorry, but there is no chance the Spurs will go down in less than seven games. It's gonna be a wild ride.

you sure about that? Wild broom ride is more like it

AirCanada15ORL
05-08-2010, 12:15 AM
I wish the Orl fans woulda kinda chill out with the overconfidence. Yes I love the team and think they're amazing but I hate fans who jinx things (yes I believe this ha) by saying "I think we'll win." or "Magic have won 6 straight playoff games havnt lost yet."
Jinxing man!

I'll go like this. Right now, putting my homer goggles aside. My gut tells me these guys have the most hope.

1.Lakers, Orlando, Cavs.
2.Boston, Suns
3.Jazz, Spurs
4.Hawks.

big gap between 1 and 2 tho.

streetballa
05-08-2010, 12:21 AM
1. Magic
2. Cavs
3. Lakers
4. Celts

There are no other teams with a chance IMO, and I was debating of even adding the Celtics, but I feel who ever comes out of the East will probably win it all.

SteveNash
05-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Bla bla bla... You're a broken record, unless you're a Heat fan, that championship eludes the rest of the young superstars in league at this point as well (Lebron, Melo, Durant, Bosh, Stat, CP3, D-Will, etc...), Dwight's 24, he's got more than enough time to get a ring.

Get it all out bro, just two more wins.

Here's how I'll predict what will happen to the Magic.

Lose in the ECF this year.

Be around the same next year and fail to win a championship.

Have a big drop off the year after with a bleak future. Rashard and Dwight making 40 million combined, Rashard continuing his decline, Dwight making little progress.

hugepatsfan
05-08-2010, 01:29 PM
1.) LAL
2.) PHX
3.) ORl
4.) CLE

no one else has a shot

LEBRON_KING_23
05-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Cleveland.

STAT32
05-08-2010, 02:46 PM
1. Magic
2. Cleveland
3. Suns
4. Lakers

Does anybody else really matter?

I know what I just did was egregious right?

"OMG! LULZ! How could you not have the Lakers number one?"

Well my little Laker lovers the answer is simple, you have no bench. Sure you've got size but so do the Cavs, Celtics, Magic, and Suns. Let me just run it down for you plain and simple, the Suns, Celtics, and the Magic all have far better benches than you. And in a world where depth is everything, you're about to be outclassed.

Suns:

Goran Dragic
Leandro Barbosa
Jared Dudley
Lou Amundson
Channing Frye

Magic:

Jason Williams
JJ Redick
Mickael Pietrus
Brandon Bass
Marcin Gortat

Meanwhile the Lakers consistently roll out a bench of:

Shannon Brown
Jordan Farmar
Luke Walton
Lamar Odom
DJ Mbenga

Normally Lamar makes up for the shortcomings of that abysmal bench but the way he's been playing lately I wouldn't count on that.

Alright, that's just one poor delusional Suns fan's opinion. Book it, the downfall of the Lakers will be there bench.