PDA

View Full Version : Why Phil Jackson Will Coach the New York Knicks Next Season

D Roses Bulls
05-03-2010, 08:22 PM
don't know if this has been posted yet but if it has sorry.

Phil Jackson’s longtime girlfriend and VP of the Los Angeles Lakers, Jeanne Buss, says she doesn’t know where Phil will coach next year, but she’s certain he will coach somewhere.

It is possible that unless the Lakers win the championship this year, he will coach the Knicks.

I know the Knicks already have a coach. Mike D'Antoni will be paid regardless, but with the Knicks going all in for two max contracts this offseason, why not go all the way and obtain the winningest coach too?

Now all bets are off if the Lakers win it all. Even Phil said he would have to give it another go if that happened. But assuming it doesn’t happen, there are literally millions of reasons why Phil could bolt LA.

Like, 12 million reasons.

Dr. Buss has already said that he doesn’t want to pay Jackson $12 million to coach next season. And he took a financial risk in agreeing to sign Lamar Odom, so if they don’t win it all, this is likely to be Phil’s last hurrah in la-la land.

Meanwhile, some misguided souls think he will land in Chicago. But with the ability to offer only one max contract, and that one contract not named LeBron, I don’t see Phil going someplace that he doesn’t have a great chance to win it all.

I can easily see Phil interested in chasing LeBron James. He coached Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant, so it would seem only natural that his next target would be LeBron.

Likewise, I can just as easily see LeBron coming to New York to play. The Knicks can afford two max deals, so he and say, Chris Bosh would be a nice enticement for the Zen Master.

Keep in mind that Jackson has ties to the Knicks. He played there from 1967 – 1978, earning two NBA championship rings.

Also, many basketball people consider D'Antoni’s up-tempo style unsuitable for winning championships. It may be exciting, but in the playoffs when it becomes more of a half court game, defense wins.

So, could Phil spurn the Lakers and head east next season? It certainly could happen, but the stars would have to align just right for it to happen.

And one of those stars would be LeBron, come to think of it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/385955-why-phil-jackson-will-coach-the-new-york-knicks-next-season

D Roses Bulls
05-03-2010, 08:23 PM
what i dont get is the part where he says jackson would no way coach the bulls cause they couldn't offer what new york can in two max contracts. the bulls can offer one and isnt rose and noah combined better then someone else worth a max contract?

ldc62
05-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Bleacher Report is the worst. Phil Jackson only goes to teams that are good and have legit stars... and NY does not have that.

PC
05-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Bleacher report=no credibility

Fool
05-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Nor does Chicago, which is why if he does not retire, he'll stay in LA.

D Roses Bulls
05-03-2010, 08:27 PM

and obviously no smarts at all by the way this writer thinks

RipVW
05-03-2010, 08:30 PM
what i dont get is the part where he says jackson would no way coach the bulls cause they couldn't offer what new york can in two max contracts. The bulls can offer one and isnt rose and noah combined better then someone else worth a max contract?

jack christian 151811 posted about 18 hours ago 1272867822 2221645 2217337 jack
@tyler: Tyler you should have made this comment an article. That comment is better than the article.

lol

hugepatsfan
bad thread - BLEACHER REPORT IS NOT A SOURCE!

ko8e24
No no guys, you got it all wrong.

Phil is staying in LA for next season, but not with the Lakers.

He's going to take the Clippers vacant coaching position. He, Baron Davis' Beard, Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman's nuts that have Reggie Evans imprints on them, and Blake Griffin are going to create the next NBA Dynasty.

D Roses Bulls
05-03-2010, 08:31 PM
lol

what? so you would rather have bosh then rose and noah combined?

central2003
05-03-2010, 08:33 PM
I cant see him coaching the knicks not saying impossible but just cant picture him there I would think bulls would accomidate him more .

JNA17
link fail.

D Roses Bulls
bad thread - BLEACHER REPORT IS NOT A SOURCE!

nor are the other 50 million rumors on psd. this was just an opinion or an idea by this guy. he didnt say he had a source saying this. ITS JUST AN OPINION

RipVW
what? so you would rather have bosh then rose and noah combined?

?

D Roses Bulls
05-03-2010, 08:35 PM
?

well you lol'd so im assuming you thought what i had said was wrong, so thats why i had asked

unwantedplayer
05-03-2010, 08:36 PM
No no guys, you got it all wrong.

Phil is staying in LA for next season, but not with the Lakers.

He's going to take the Clippers vacant coaching position. He, Baron Davis' Beard, Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman's nuts that have Reggie Evans imprints on them, and Blake Griffin are going to create the next NBA Dynasty.

amen brotha

RipVW
05-03-2010, 08:41 PM
well you lol'd so im assuming you thought what i had said was wrong, so thats why i had asked

Look at the chain you referred to, which was addressing Tyler's comment. I quoted the last post in the chain that referred to Tyler carving him up.

D Roses Bulls
05-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Look at the chain you referred to, which was addressing Tyler's comment. I quoted the last post in the chain that referred to Tyler carving him up.

my bad chief

xxcubs22xx
05-04-2010, 12:09 AM
He'd go to the Bulls before the Knicks.

albertc86
05-04-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm not going to sugarcoat it. PJ is not going to a losing franchise; it's just not going to happen. Sorry Knicks fans.

abe_froman
05-04-2010, 12:19 AM
no,if he ever leaves he has to come back to chi

iFYouSeekAmy
05-04-2010, 12:21 AM
He's gonna introduce defense and Zionism to the Warriors when Uncle Larry fires Nellie.

Voodoo Alchemy
05-04-2010, 03:48 AM
the only 2 reasons the knicks hired dantoni were they needed a coach that would alienate his players and someone to handle the purging of these inflated contracts.

ldc62
05-04-2010, 04:02 AM
Phil Jackson only goes to teams where he knows he can win (at minimum try to make it to the 2nd round). NY won't even make the playoffs next year....

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-04-2010, 04:04 AM
thought you create only Rose threads?:shrug:

Hugbees
05-04-2010, 04:09 AM
Might as well get my sporting news from Glamor Magazine.

_Supreme_
05-04-2010, 04:28 AM
Phil Jackson is not going to coach the Knicks next season.

Where do these people get this nonsense from :facepalm:

Bulls_fan90
05-04-2010, 04:52 AM

This.

/thread

D Roses Bulls
05-04-2010, 04:53 AM
thought you create only Rose threads?:shrug:

haha four rose threads make me a rose nut hugger? hmmmm guess since 4 is your allowance its a lot to you

D Roses Bulls
05-04-2010, 04:53 AM
This.

/thread

what the hell do you know bout brandon spikes?

Bulls_fan90
05-04-2010, 04:55 AM
what the hell do you know bout brandon spikes?

What a random question :laugh2:

What do you want to know about him?

D Roses Bulls
05-04-2010, 04:56 AM
i went to the university of florida for two years, when florida beat ohio st and tebow won the heisman the next year. drafted by the patriots and treated knoshawn marino. you must be a patriot fan

Bulls_fan90
05-04-2010, 05:00 AM
i went to the university of florida for two years, when florida beat ohio st and tebow won the heisman the next year. drafted by the patriots and treated knoshawn marino. you must be a patriot fan

Im a Florida/Patriots fan. Spikes has been my favorite college player (last 3 years). Really happy we drafted him.

D Roses Bulls
05-04-2010, 05:01 AM
Im a Florida/Patriots fan. Spikes has been my favorite college player (last 3 years). Really happy we drafted him.

i was pissed the patriots drafted him. the patriots dont deserve him. he should be playing for the jags or the bears. and everyone was a fan of the gators since florida dominated the last four years

D Roses Bulls
05-04-2010, 05:03 AM
oh and another fun fact, spikes was ranked 100th on the big boards for recruits when he came out of high school severely underrated

Bulls_fan90
05-04-2010, 05:06 AM
i was pissed the patriots drafted him. the patriots dont deserve him. he should be playing for the jags or the bears. and everyone was a fan of the gators since florida dominated the last four years

He should have gone first round (so glad he ran the 40). I've been a Florida fan for well over a decade. So no, im not a fan simple because of their success over the last 4 years. And the Patriots deserve him just as much as any other team.

D Roses Bulls
05-04-2010, 05:08 AM
This.

/thread

oh and psd is not a credible site either, its a discussion and rumor site. so if you wanna think this a credible site well then i would suggest graduating high school first

D Roses Bulls
05-04-2010, 05:09 AM
He should have gone first round (so glad he ran the 40). I've been a Florida fan for well over a decade. So no, im not a fan simple because of their success over the last 4 years. And the Patriots deserve him just as much as any other team.

yea they drafted smart and your right, spikes shoulf of been a top 15 pick, but he is gonna be a beast in this league. i hate to see it on the patriots though, luckily the patriots are goin down though

Bulls_fan90
05-04-2010, 05:15 AM
oh and psd is not a credible site either, its a discussion and rumor site. so if you wanna think this a credible site well then i would suggest graduating high school first
It's a site based on opinions/rumors and news. My opinion about this thread is that it should be closed. A few of the previous posters tend to agree.

D Roses Bulls
05-04-2010, 05:23 AM
It's a site based on opinions/rumors and news. My opinion about this thread is that it should be closed. A few of the previous posters tend to agree.

but you gotta understand i posted a article that was based on opinion which you noted in your post. not mind and those other posters i dont think understood that as you dont. so you just contradicted yourself in your post. its in opinionated site so other writers, resourceful or not have their opinion, like it or not and this is an opinion website

Bulls_fan90
05-04-2010, 05:28 AM
but you gotta understand i posted a article that was based on opinion which you noted in your post. not mind and those other posters i dont think understood that as you dont. so you just contradicted yourself in your post. its in opinionated site so other writers, resourceful or not have their opinion, like it or not

Don't take this the wrong way. I see where your coming from. And it is a topic of discussion. I have seen plenty of threads that make no sense and this is not one of them. I just think that it needs a certain amount of credibility to become a thread. I mean do you really see Phil coaching the Knicks next season?

D Roses Bulls
05-04-2010, 05:31 AM
Don't take this the wrong way. I see where your coming from. And it is a topic of discussion. I have seen plenty of threads that make no sense and this is not one of them. I just think that it needs a certain amount of credibility to become a thread. I mean do you really see Phil coaching the Knicks next season?

hell no and i am a bulls/magic fan, but it was an article that was written and was up for discussion so i posted it. if it makes sense or not, its still a topic for discussion, thats the most important aspect since psd inst a news site. its a topic discussion site

Bulls_fan90
05-04-2010, 05:33 AM
hell no and i am a bulls/magic fan, but it was an article that was written and was up for discussion so i posted it. if it makes sense or not, its still a topic for discussion, thats the most important aspect since psd inst a news site. its a topic discussion site

Fair enough.

D Roses Bulls
05-04-2010, 05:49 AM
Fair enough.

i wish a lot of people on threads could realize the point as fast as you did.

OA SLAY
05-04-2010, 05:51 AM
?

ImThatDude
05-04-2010, 06:45 AM
Phil Jackson can only win with teams with multiple superstars...not gonna happen.

G-Funk
05-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Phil Jackson can only win with teams with multiple superstars...not gonna happen.

Doesn't every coach?