PDA

View Full Version : Unless T-Mac Get A Lot More Healthy, Could This Be A Very Valuable Way To Use Him?

NetsPaint
05-03-2010, 02:08 PM
His first game as a Knick he had a great game. He had the momentum and the crowd going. He only had one or two very good-great games after that, to no surprise with the way he was moving out there. So would you sign him for the MLE, and instead of just giving him some minutes a game, have him only play let's say about 12-14 games in the regular season? This might make him motivated along with being less weary about his health and have a big impact on those games. I'd love for him to be able to play a lot more, but I rather only see him that many times a year when he seems like he can put on a show and help his team win.

Hawkeye15
05-03-2010, 02:12 PM
good luck getting someone with pride to agree to miss 70 games a year. If you know TMac, you know he is, what is the word, VOCAL. He would never just sit there and not play

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
05-03-2010, 02:21 PM
T-mac playing 12-14 games a season??? He would make the biggest BF ever!!!, even worse the Curry complaining that hes not playing

Chronz
05-03-2010, 02:26 PM
If you paid Tmac enough money hed do it

sep11ie
05-03-2010, 02:36 PM
He's done it the last 2 or 3 years anyways.

FOBolous
05-03-2010, 03:20 PM
If you paid Tmac enough money hed do it

correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Houston tried to do this while paying him $20 million a year? Houston wanted to limit him to around 10 minutes per game until he's truely 100% but Tmac was too much of a primadonna and started whinning and crying to the media about it :shrug: Tmac's a lot like Iverson...they HAVE TO BE the top 2 option on their team or they won't be happy. they have too big of a ego to accept being a role player.

Chronz
05-03-2010, 03:32 PM
correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Houston tried to do this while paying him $20 million a year? Houston wanted to limit him to around 10 minutes per game until he's truely 100% but Tmac was too much of a primadonna and started whinning and crying to the media about it :shrug: Tmac's a lot like Iverson...they HAVE TO BE the top 2 option on their team or they won't be happy. they have too big of a ego to accept being a role player.

Blatant Tmac bias aside, its different now that your looking for a new contract. And I disagree with the rest of your post as well

DCB/LAL
05-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Why sign a guy you wont be able to rely on in the playoffs? Isn't that what they play for? Chapionships plus he want to play for a contender and no contender will like him if he's only good for 12 games.

FOBolous
05-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Blatant Tmac bias aside, its different now that your looking for a new contract. And I disagree with the rest of your post as well

that's what Iverson said too. and look at what happened after he signed the contract. you are who you are.

wileyisTOFU
05-03-2010, 03:40 PM
I wish the Rockets would wait till All-Star game to start playing Yao, so that way we can get em running for the playoffs without breaking his body down to much...

T-mac should just spend the next 11 months in a Hyperbaric Chamber and hope someone picks him up for a bench spot on a contender for the playoff strech.

tredigs
05-03-2010, 03:43 PM
They were excited about T-Mac because the fans had hoop dreams of him reverting back to his All Star form, not because of who he is. Fans don't give a **** about the player unless he was some integral part of the organization and holds sentimental value there (i.e. Big Z). T-Mac has none of that... anywhere.

If he actually can revert back to his old form, then the team would continue to play him, but if not then he's useless. This idea makes no sense to me.

FOBolous
05-03-2010, 03:43 PM
I wish the Rockets would wait till All-Star game to start playing Yao, so that way we can get em running for the playoffs without breaking his body down to much...

agreed.

JordansBulls
05-03-2010, 04:45 PM
His first game as a Knick he had a great game. He had the momentum and the crowd going. He only had one or two very good-great games after that, to no surprise with the way he was moving out there. So would you sign him for the MLE, and instead of just giving him some minutes a game, have him only play let's say about 12-14 games in the regular season? This might make him motivated along with being less weary about his health and have a big impact on those games. I'd love for him to be able to play a lot more, but I rather only see him that many times a year when he seems like he can put on a show and help his team win.

I'd sign him to MLE depending on who we got this summer. If we get Bosh or Amare or Boozer plus someone like Joe Johnson or Ray Allen, then I wouldn't sign T-mac. But if we only get one big man, and nothing else in the backcourt then I would.

GSW Hoops
05-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Why would a team sign a player to only play a dozen games per season?

sp1derm00
05-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Why would a team sign a player to only play a dozen games per season?

So he'd be healthy and have rested legs for the playoffs.

GSW Hoops
05-03-2010, 05:59 PM
So he'd be healthy and have rested legs for the playoffs.

What good would he be in the playoffs? He can't even play 2 solid games in a row during the regular season.

marlinsfan24
05-03-2010, 06:47 PM
I expect T-Mac to be 100% next season or to retire. If he comes back, I hope he proves all of you guys wrong.

ldc62
05-03-2010, 07:01 PM
I'd sign him to MLE depending on who we got this summer. If we get Bosh or Amare or Boozer plus someone like Joe Johnson or Ray Allen, then I wouldn't sign T-mac. But if we only get one big man, and nothing else in the backcourt then I would.

We as in Rockets or Bulls? O wait.... Tmac experiment was a disaster.

Back to the thread: I would not sign Tmac to MLE... he doesn't deserve it. Maybe... just maybe, sign him to a Vet minimum to ride the bench.

sep11ie
05-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Why would you want him to come back for the play offs? Do you not wanna make it past the 1st round?

JUMPMANxAIRS
05-04-2011, 11:21 AM
TMAC is a boss

Klivlend
05-04-2011, 11:49 AM
^^^
Great Bump

ttam68
05-04-2011, 01:14 PM
This is the Shaq strategy

In related news, Tmac played reasonably well this year. I'd still like to see a contender pick him up as a 7/8/9 man.

Jaji
05-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Its hard enough to get him to play in 12-14 games anyway :shrug:.

Crackadalic
05-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Didn't watch a lot of piston games so how did he do there? Was he at least playing at a nba level of basketball? Wouldn't mind signing him to a vet min

Fnom11
05-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Give someone a MLE for 12-14 games? You can't possibly be serious.

JUMPMANxAIRS
05-04-2011, 02:47 PM
if that someone is t-mac, take the chance. he will ball up 32 a game for the minimum contract. That would make Lawrence Frank look like a boss

Chronz
05-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Epic bump, I forgot I was having this conv with FOB

I had made a sig bet with someone here about Tmac's regular season performance this year maybe you can bump that one.

Gators123
05-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Didn't watch a lot of piston games so how did he do there? Was he at least playing at a nba level of basketball? Wouldn't mind signing him to a vet min

I'm a Pistons fan, so I watched all of his games this year. T-mac still can play.

Heres some highlights from this year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTXksEYf26c

Crackadalic
05-04-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm a Pistons fan, so I watched all of his games this year. T-mac still can play.

Heres some highlights from this year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTXksEYf26c

I don't normally base things on youtube videos be he actually looks good. He dunk probably once in his short time as a knick and he's come a long way since then

MrfadeawayJB
05-04-2011, 04:06 PM
T-Mac could still be a productive bench player when healthy

championships
05-04-2011, 04:16 PM
T-Mac just needs to hang'em up.

MTar786
05-04-2011, 09:33 PM
i still wish la signed tmac.. he could have been perfect. give him extra mins when ron is garbage and when barnes was injured. get kobe some extra rest instead of playing an inconsistent shannon brown all the time.. and iduno why u guys say tmac chokes in the playoffs. his numbers increase by ALOT from season to playoffs. its just that he never made it past the 1st round. its like how u guys go and blame kobe for 'choking' on a buzzer beater in game 1 when he was the reason the lakers were owning the mavs and brought them a 16 point lead. when they took him out the mavs came back.

NetsPaint
05-04-2011, 09:46 PM
People just like to say "he's done" because of their insecurities of their own basketball skill.

JUMPMANxAIRS
05-04-2011, 10:33 PM
could you just imagine if he played atleast 15 ppg next season. Oh and you all can thank me for bumping this 2 year old thread. Almost got banned from it. :D