PDA

View Full Version : Pacquiao vs. Mayweather

fadedmario
05-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Who wins and why? If Floyd Mayweather defeats Pacquiao will he be considered one of the all-time greats? Everyone seems to have a different opinion on this so I thought it would be a good topic. In my opinion Floyd already is one of the all-time greats. Maybe even top 3. Pacquiao is great but I don't think he'll be able to get through Floyd's defense. I also think this is a fight where the winner could win by knockout. That being said, I got Floyd knocking-out Pacquiao in 10.

H.E.R.
05-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Who wins and why? If Floyd Mayweather defeats Pacquiao will he be considered one of the all-time greats? Everyone seems to have a different opinion on this so I thought it would be a good topic. In my opinion Floyd already is one of the all-time greats. Maybe even top 3. Pacquiao is great but I don't think he'll be able to get through Floyd's defense. I also think this is a fight where the winner could win by knockout. That being said, I got Floyd knocking-out Pacquiao in 10.

I'm fairly certain in saying there's definitely not going to be a KO. Mayweather seems fine getting the win by decision (Marquez, Mosley). Pacquiao's chin has been tested and passed with flying colors (Marquez, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey).

With that chin, Pacquiao can walk through a punch like always to throw five. A few things Pacquiao has going for him is his southpaw stance, which can do much better against an orthodox shoulder roll defense. Pacquiao also has the edge in power, which can possibly take Mayweather out of his comfort zone the entire night. If Pacquiao can control the ring with his footwork, the fight can swing in his favor. Both equal in handspeed, but Mayweather isn't a combination puncher, which can work in Pacquiao's favor as he moves in for a flurry. If there's one boxer at 147 that could beat Mayweather's defense, it's Pacquiao.

Mayweather has the advantage in head movement, which is heavily relied on his defense, which opens his offense. The problem is that unlike every one of his past opponents, he can't wait for Pacquiao to tire out. He'll have to deal with relentless barrages for what could be 12 rounds and has to make sure he doesn't tire out himself dodging punches and using every single inch of the ring. Counter, clinch would be his best friend the entire night to limit Pacquiao's offense and steal rounds along with finding a place to rest. Countless adjustments might have to be made during the fight, which Mayweather is capable of.

For the record, neither boxer is in my Top 15.

jetsforever
05-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Mayweather is not top 3

fadedmario
05-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Mayweather is not top 3

If he fights Pacquiao and Berto and remains undefeated until he retires, he is the greatest. All the other great ones besides Marciano stayed and got their *** beat while they were old. If Floyd fights every challenger that want's him and retires undefeated. He will be right up there. It's just my opinion. But if there are more people like me, eventually this will be getting talked about more.

2009mvp
05-03-2010, 04:12 PM
If he fights Pacquiao and Berto and remains undefeated until he retires, he is the greatest. All the other great ones besides Marciano stayed and got their *** beat while they were old. If Floyd fights every challenger that want's him and retires undefeated. He will be right up there. It's just my opinion. But if there are more people like me, eventually this will be getting talked about more.

And Marciano isn't a top 10 ATG, so what does that tell you?

The hyperbole concerning Floyd since Saturday is getting a bit old. Yeah it was an excellent performance against a legit WW champion and he showed a lot of balls coming back from getting rocked in the second, but let's not go overboard here. It doesn't remove the glaring holes in his resume and it certainly doesn't propel him up the all-time P4P lists the way a win over Pacquiao would. If the fight happens the winner probably gets top 15 consideration, but that's a big 'if' right now. Off the top of my head, as it stands right now Floyd would be very lucky to crack the top 25.

Ray_R
05-03-2010, 04:18 PM
And Marciano isn't a top 10 ATG, so what does that tell you?

The hyperbole concerning Floyd since Saturday is getting a bit old. Yeah it was an excellent performance against a legit WW champion and he showed a lot of balls coming back from getting rocked in the second, but let's not go overboard here. It doesn't remove the glaring holes in his resume and it certainly doesn't propel him up the all-time P4P lists the way a win over Pacquiao would. If the fight happens the winner probably gets top 15 consideration, but that's a big 'if' right now. Off the top of my head, as it stands right now Floyd would be very lucky to crack the top 25.

I think 20. Probally Top 3 in defensive fighters.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-03-2010, 04:19 PM

No chance Floyd knocks out Pacman.

Pacman can take a legit welterweight punch. Mayweather couldn't even knockout Marquez. And during that Marquez fight, he still hid behind his shoulder half the time.

And Mayweather would have some trouble with Pacman because Pacman is left handed. Mayweather tends to stand to his side when he boxes to use his shoulder and arm to cover his shoulder. But with Pacman, he can't do that because Pacman is a southpaw. He's either going to have to switch sides or stay on his natural side but be more cautious. Let's not forget that Pacman throws a hurricane of punches.

LosAngeleros
05-03-2010, 04:19 PM
http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=1013387&s=box&type=story It looks like it might happen soon......it basically says Pacquiao will accept taking the doping test.

surf and turf
05-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Floyd is already a alltime great. Probably top 10 or 15. Im no fan of a point system fighter but you cant deny his talent and record. He may be flashy and arogant but he trains like no other and always shows up in shape. He wants to outpoint you. And thats what his game plan always is. Get ahead a few rounds then take advantage of his opponent desperatley trying to catch up on points. Manny is a real fighter. He will chase him into the bowles of hell if he has to. Floyd is a glorified olympic fighter whos top priority is points. Polar opposites. It may come down to which fighter can stick with their game plan. If Manny gets in a battle of points he will lose. If Floyd tries to brawl he will get knocked out.

fadedmario
05-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Pacquiao has alot of other things going on besides boxing. That's a fact. The only chance he's got against Mayweather is to train like he's poor and watch a ton of film. I'm 30 years old and Floyd is the only fighter I've ever seen that doesn't get beat up on. You can't hit em! I don't care if it is Pacquiao. Floyd's defense is sick. He will beat Pacquiao. Pacquiao is a hollywood champion that's about to get beat up. If it ever happens lol

fadedmario
05-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Oh, and to Manny Pacquiao, take the drug test! If I make $20 dollars an hour and I can get random drug tests at anytime, you make millions and don't want to do it? Man up and take the test.

surf and turf
05-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Oh, and to Manny Pacquiao, take the drug test! If I make $20 dollars an hour and I can get random drug tests at anytime, you make millions and don't want to do it? Man up and take the test.

Your job sends people to your house to draw blood??? Employers are getting a little crazy. The old saying is"what do you want , blood?' And the new answer is , yes we do.lol

fadedmario
05-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Your job sends people to your house to draw blood??? Employers are getting a little crazy. The old saying is"what do you want , blood?' And the new answer is , yes we do.lol

That's some funny ****

Bravo95
05-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Nah, imo Floyd's not in the top 10 and neither is Manny... but the winner of their matchup is knocking on the door of it. Gotta remember how many truly great fighters there have been over the years, putting in work in better eras. They still have time though, just have to stop playing this retirement game after every fight.

fadedmario
05-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Nah, imo Floyd's not in the top 10 and neither is Manny... but the winner of their matchup is knocking on the door of it. Gotta remember how many truly great fighters there have been over the years, putting in work in better eras. They still have time though, just have to stop playing this retirement game after every fight.

I think Floyd Mayweather Jr. is the most underrated boxer in history. Time will tell.

Bravo95
05-03-2010, 05:31 PM
I think Floyd Mayweather Jr. is the most underrated boxer in history. Time will tell.
I agree. But I still can't put him at the top just yet. I mean, the path to it is there... Manny, P-Will, maybe Sergio, etc.

There's a good chance if Manny and Floyd fight, that there will be a rematch if it's not an early ko for either. Imagine if one of them beats the other twice convincingly (with no extended layoff).

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-03-2010, 06:49 PM
As a huge Pacman fan...I still think Floyd would win by unanimous decision...or maybe by split decision.

I think it would be a close fight...and I think Pacman is definately capable of hurting Floyd...but if Floyd sticks to his game plan...I think he can out work and out last Pacman and win by decision.

Having said all that...all Pacman needs to do is land on straight left flush on the chin...and he could win it just like that...in a moment. If he hurts Floyd...there is no one in the fight game who is better at finishing a hurt fighter than Pacman.

So while its definitely possible for Pacman to knock Floyds *** out (and I would love to see it happen)...I would still take Floyd by decision if I were a betting man.

Knowledge
05-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Manny too small. I love him but I dont think he can beat Floyd. When Manny fought Marquez, he almost lost. Floyd is a better counter puncher than Marquez, and Floyd is bigger, faster, and just better. Plus Floyd always beats up on smaller guys pretty good.

Im not gonna say Pac has no chance, but I just cant see him beating Mayweather.

2009mvp
05-04-2010, 02:49 AM
Pacquiao has alot of other things going on besides boxing. That's a fact. The only chance he's got against Mayweather is to train like he's poor and watch a ton of film. I'm 30 years old and Floyd is the only fighter I've ever seen that doesn't get beat up on. You can't hit em! I don't care if it is Pacquiao. Floyd's defense is sick. He will beat Pacquiao. Pacquiao is a hollywood champion that's about to get beat up. If it ever happens lol

You must never have seen a Sweet Pea fight.

Schadie001
05-05-2010, 12:56 PM

Are you kidding me, he's only dominated in every weight class he's fought in. Mayweather is all talk, his defense is good, but when you don't know where the punch is coming from it's pretty hard to defend. Pacman has power from all angles, just ask his last 5 opponents. He can take a punch like no other, and only seems to get better when he does get hit. Pacman is a southpaw with almost equal power in both hands, plus he's lighting fast, and controls the ring. Freddy Roche is leaps and bounds better than Floyd's corner.

I almost saw Floyd go down to Mosely in the 2nd with less than Pacman will hit him with. Roche saw it too and Pacman will exploit it. Pound for pound I don't see Floyd making it 12 rounds. Pacman in 7.

King P
05-05-2010, 03:29 PM
I think people Manny's quickness. Floyd is very polished I will give him that, but it doesn't mean he can't be touched. The last time PBF faced somebody as quick as him was against bum-*** Zab Judah. Zab gave Floyd a run for his money, and won the first few rounds before running outta gas. Same with Demarcus Corley. Pac has much better stamina than those 2. But if Pac wants to win he would have to be on the attack early. If Pac gets ahead early, he will win. Mayweather has shown time and time again that he would rather coast to victory by points than finish off his opponent. He wouldn't trade shots with Baldomir, is he really going to go blow for blow with Pacquiao?

I think it would be a very interesting fight and would love to see it. Floyd is polished and technically sound, but it doesn't mean he can't be touched. I found a very interesting article about 4 boxers who outboxed Mayweather and showed some weakness from PBF. Maybe Manny can exploit them. Maybe not and Floyd wins this easily.

Here's the article: http://www.examiner.com/x-4514-Houston-Boxing-Examiner~y2009m11d28-4-boxers-who-outfought-Floyd-Mayweather-Jr

ULT WARRIOR408
05-05-2010, 04:01 PM
I get so tired of all the speculated opinions of this fight.Until it happens I do not wanna talk about this fight which will never happen IMO.

Phillies
05-06-2010, 02:34 AM
Are you kidding me, he's only dominated in every weight class he's fought in. Mayweather is all talk, his defense is good, but when you don't know where the punch is coming from it's pretty hard to defend. Pacman has power from all angles, just ask his last 5 opponents. He can take a punch like no other, and only seems to get better when he does get hit. Pacman is a southpaw with almost equal power in both hands, plus he's lighting fast, and controls the ring. Freddy Roche is leaps and bounds better than Floyd's corner.

I almost saw Floyd go down to Mosely in the 2nd with less than Pacman will hit him with. Roche saw it too and Pacman will exploit it. Pound for pound I don't see Floyd making it 12 rounds. Pacman in 7.

Stop, Mosley hit Mayweather with his hardest punch in Round 2 which is more powerful than what Pacquiao has. Not only that, after that round, it was never even remotely close again. PBF put on a clinic and systematically destroyed Sugar. You know...Shane Mosley, the same guy Pacquiao ducked TWICE even after Sugar agreed to the ridiculous 142 catchweight that the Pacquiao camp demanded.

Manny has quicker hands than Mosley but that's about it, the hits wont be as powerful and Floyd has shown he's capable of taking those bombs. Floyd is also capable of keeping up with Pacquiao's workrate and frankly he's far better defensively, has better ring-smarts and more technically sound. Pacquiao's only chance is to catch Floyd with combinations that stagger him when he sees an opening, landing one power punch wont do it as we saw on Saturday.

My prediction. Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather, 11th round Technical Knockout. Normally it would be a UD but I just feel like a fight of that maginitude would have to by fate have a wonderful ending.

Kid Fabulous
05-06-2010, 02:21 PM
mayweather would have no problem with pacquiao. he fights right into money's strengths. he comes straight forward and jumps into his punches. may will prolly catch him and put him down a few times, but no k.o. and i dont care what people say, PACQUIAO IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING AS FAST AS MONEY MAY! people say he is and it drives me crazy. they say well hes never fought anyone that fast, did he not just fight mosley and zab judah before that. he made them both look slow. prediction : mayweather in 12 by points

BALLER71
05-06-2010, 10:11 PM
I get so tired of all the speculated opinions of this fight.Until it happens I do not wanna talk about this fight which will never happen IMO.

I agree with this. But I def believe this fight will happen next year. Then we can finally put Mayweather up there with the all-time greats. If he wins, of course.

2009mvp
05-06-2010, 11:21 PM
^^If it happens there's no reason it wouldn't be this year. Arum's already mentioned November as a potential date.

Phillies
05-07-2010, 04:48 AM
If Pacquiao agrees to the drug testing procedures, theres still a few hurdles to go.

#1: Location- I think Arum and Top Rank want the fight in Dallas while Mayweather Promotions will probably want the fight here in Las Vegas.

#2: Money- It should be slightly in favor of Pretty Boy. 55-45 in my opinion. Will Pacquiao agree to it?

Vikes_Fan04
05-07-2010, 05:28 AM
Roach on Pacquiao-Mayweather: “It’s going to happen”
By Izah Morales, Yahoo! Southeast Asia Thursday May 6, 2010 12:13 pm PHT

Boxing fans who have been salivating for megafight matchup between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. will finally be able to stop their clamoring.

"Yeah, it's going to happen," said Pacquiao coach Freddie Roach in an interview at Sports Radio 790 The Zone, an ESPN affiliate radio station. He also confirmed "they are willing to meet halfway and will definitely make the blood test after the fight."

Roach has yet to announce when the fight is going to happen. "I just talked to Bob Arum and he is flying to the Philippines the soonest possible time to make Manny the offer and we are trying to make this work as best as we can."

The megafight between the two boxers who both claimed to be the Best "Pound For Pound" Boxer was supposed to take place last March 13.

However, negotiations failed because Mayweather's camp insisted that Pacquiao undergo pre-fight drug and blood testing outside of the Las Vegas boxing commission's schedule. Pacquiao's camp refused to have Mayweather arbitrarily dictate the testing dates.

Instead of a Pacquaio-Mayweather matchup the Pacman fought Ghanian boxer Joshua Clottey on March 13, and Mayweather went on to fight – and defeat – Shane Mosley on May 1.

In a response quoted at ESPN.com, Pacquiao said: "I do not want anyone having an unfair advantage where someone may get hurt. I am willing to do my part to help this sport out." The boxer is currently in the final days of his congressional campaign.

Roach believes Pacquiao would definitely finish off Mayweather. "If Pacquiao catches [Mayweather], he will finish him," said Roach, who assured that he will come up with a perfect game plan.

But the coach is not underestimating Mayweather. "One thing about Mayweather," Roach said a GMAnews.tv report, "he is very good at what he does. He's very clever. He sees well."

http://ph.promo.yahoo.com/ringside-with-manny/article?blogid=yblog&postid=79&viewPost=1

I also read somewhere but can't seem to find it anymore. But, I read Freddie Roach said he doesn't mind fighting in Vegas so Mayweather has no excuse of saying he doesn't want to leave his home. Also it said they wanna come to a middle compromise. Floyd wants 14 day cutoff with testing, but Manny wants 24, so they're gonna try to negotiate it to 17-19 day cutoff area.

I'm filipino and a super Pacquiao fan. But Floyd really did impress me against Mosley. This fight needs to happen because the truth is these 2 need each other. Yeah they're both hall of famers and are the best etc. But when they reach that hall of fame there will always be that question what if? I hope both camps can come to an agreement because i have never seen a fight this demanded in a long time and it would really give boxing that needed buzz. I'm actually glad they didn't fight in March now because now that they've both won their matches convincingly it just makes it that much more interesting.

Let's get ready to rumble!!!!? I hope so.

On a side note I think it should still be 50-50 split. But, since Mayweather did fight Mosley he has leverage so maybe 52-48 May.

jetsRsnitchaz
05-07-2010, 09:13 AM

mayweathers all talk? 41-0.yea he has a big mouth, but hes beaten everyone they've put in front of him in a dominant fashion, other than the jose luis castillo fights and de la hoya that i can remember. pacman throws from all different angles, but pacman looks so good because the guys just stand in front of him. floyd did get rocked in the mosley fight, but that won't happen again. he was starting to get more agressive and got caught. he doesn't take many risks. look at the adjustment he made after that 2nd round. i say floyd will win this fight in 12, and manny will get outclassed every round. there is no gameplan for floyd mayweather and manny can throw all the punches in bunches he wants, but you don't win fights by missing. and thats what floyd does, he makes you miss and tire out

jetsRsnitchaz
05-07-2010, 09:17 AM
mayweather would have no problem with pacquiao. he fights right into money's strengths. he comes straight forward and jumps into his punches. may will prolly catch him and put him down a few times, but no k.o. and i dont care what people say, PACQUIAO IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING AS FAST AS MONEY MAY! people say he is and it drives me crazy. they say well hes never fought anyone that fast, did he not just fight mosley and zab judah before that. he made them both look slow. prediction : mayweather in 12 by points

i totally agree. has pacquiao ever fought anyone as fast? pacman has never fought anyone like mayweather. mayweather hasn't fought anyone like pacquiao either. but the ending will be the same song. money may embarassing another. btw mayweather is the fastest fighter boxing has ever seen

Schadie001
05-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Stop, Mosley hit Mayweather with his hardest punch in Round 2 which is more powerful than what Pacquiao has. .

You better check the films again, maybe watch Ricky Hatten's limp body hit the floor after he was absolutely rocked by Manny. Then tell me he doesn't have Knock out punches or power. Whatever. The only thing Flyod has is a big mouth.

Pacquiao is not the same fighter he was when he first came into boxing, and Floyd knows it. That's why he is ducking him, doesn't pay when you can't say you're #1 anymore.

ballpd05
05-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Mayweather looked really good in that fight against Mosley. I mean after the second round he hardly touced Floyd the rest of the way.

Pac Man is a different animal, but I'm curious to see if he could hit Floyd either. But I don't know who said Pac Man doesn't lay guys out, cuz he is a vicious lil *****.

I can't wait to see that fight.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Gonna be a close fight.

I like Pacman because he's quicker than Mayweather and has the power. Not to mention that he's left handed so Mayweather's defensive stance might not work because he practically leaves his right side open because he's standing to his side. Not to mention that Mayweather's continuous trash talking will not work because Pacman will probably not even understand half the words he says.

2009mvp
05-08-2010, 04:08 PM
i totally agree. has pacquiao ever fought anyone as fast? pacman has never fought anyone like mayweather. mayweather hasn't fought anyone like pacquiao either. but the ending will be the same song. money may embarassing another. btw mayweather is the fastest fighter boxing has ever seen

Oh please

Phillies
05-09-2010, 01:55 AM
mayweathers all talk? 41-0.yea he has a big mouth, but hes beaten everyone they've put in front of him in a dominant fashion, other than the jose luis castillo fights and de la hoya that i can remember. pacman throws from all different angles, but pacman looks so good because the guys just stand in front of him. floyd did get rocked in the mosley fight, but that won't happen again. he was starting to get more agressive and got caught. he doesn't take many risks. look at the adjustment he made after that 2nd round. i say floyd will win this fight in 12, and manny will get outclassed every round. there is no gameplan for floyd mayweather and manny can throw all the punches in bunches he wants, but you don't win fights by missing. and thats what floyd does, he makes you miss and tire out

I scored the first Castillo fight a 113-113 draw, that was the only fight in which Pretty Boy was in jeopardy. The De La Hoya fight was a very controversial split decision, frankly, the fight wasn't really that close. Mayweather was well in control.

Phillies
05-09-2010, 02:01 AM
You better check the films again, maybe watch Ricky Hatten's limp body hit the floor after he was absolutely rocked by Manny. Then tell me he doesn't have Knock out punches or power. Whatever. The only thing Flyod has is a big mouth.

Pacquiao is not the same fighter he was when he first came into boxing, and Floyd knows it. That's why he is ducking him, doesn't pay when you can't say you're #1 anymore.

Pacquiao has KO power but it pales in comparison to Mosley's power. Mayweather took Mosley's best power punch and frankly it was lucky to even land as after round 2 the fight was never close again.

You can pretend Floyd is ducking Pacquiao all you want though, cause fact of the matter is, Floyd destroyed Mosely, who Pacquiao ducked twice.

And Floyd didn't leave the negotiations first, Pacquiao did because he didn't want a specific kind of drug testing cause apparently his fear of needles is worth more than the X million dollars he would have received.

Phillies
05-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Gonna be a close fight.

I like Pacman because he's quicker than Mayweather and has the power. Not to mention that he's left handed so Mayweather's defensive stance might not work because he practically leaves his right side open because he's standing to his side. Not to mention that Mayweather's continuous trash talking will not work because Pacman will probably not even understand half the words he says.

He understood the words "Random Drug Testing"...that made him **** his pants.

Bravo95
05-10-2010, 05:04 PM
A couple of other web sites are reporting that the negotiations have officially begun. Here we go again...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Floyd really impressed me the night of the Mosley fight. He made Shane look his age, but the difference between Manny and Shane is this:

When Shane was throwin punches he was still shadowing Floyd, which is fine if Floyd was tryin to exchange with Shane, but when Floyd started fighting his fight this is where things went wrong for Shane. He was still standning in front of him, and when Floyd would duck and run from punches Mosley would be in the same spot he was when he threw the first punch even if it was a combo, makin Shane an easy target.

I've never seen anyone work as many or use angles as effectivley as Pacquiao. When he throws his first punch, he's bouncin around still and throwin shots from the left then bounces around and throws another combo from the right side, So when Floy tries to duck and run, one move to the wrong side could be crucial since Manny throws so many punches. And he isn't gonna gas like Shane did. IDK if Manny has the stength to KO Floyd, or maybe even rock him, but, I do know that he traines to go 15 rounds, and won't get tired by the 5th.

fadedmario
05-11-2010, 12:59 PM
A couple of other web sites are reporting that the negotiations have officially begun. Here we go again...

It actually looks like they are close to signing a new deal for the fight. Pacquiao has agreed to Floyd's drug-testing terms this time around. We should get an official statment from the fighter's camps within a week. Get your popcorn ready!

DodgerBulls
05-11-2010, 05:38 PM
50-50 is the max Floyd will get. Last time I checked, Floyd is on the challenger side since PacMan is the champ.

HOZ THE KNICK
05-12-2010, 12:02 AM
Mayweather will retire underfeated 42-0

Kid Fabulous
05-12-2010, 12:47 AM
Floyd really impressed me the night of the Mosley fight. He made Shane look his age, but the difference between Manny and Shane is this:

When Shane was throwin punches he was still shadowing Floyd, which is fine if Floyd was tryin to exchange with Shane, but when Floyd started fighting his fight this is where things went wrong for Shane. He was still standning in front of him, and when Floyd would duck and run from punches Mosley would be in the same spot he was when he threw the first punch even if it was a combo, makin Shane an easy target.

I've never seen anyone work as many or use angles as effectivley as Pacquiao. When he throws his first punch, he's bouncin around still and throwin shots from the left then bounces around and throws another combo from the right side, So when Floy tries to duck and run, one move to the wrong side could be crucial since Manny throws so many punches. And he isn't gonna gas like Shane did. IDK if Manny has the stength to KO Floyd, or maybe even rock him, but, I do know that he traines to go 15 rounds, and won't get tired by the 5th.

really? different angles?? from what i see, he bob's and weave's now, but in the end his punches still come from the same place. you say its really impressive what hes done. yeah the knockouts were cool. but everyone he has fought was willing to stand infront of him. that has never been floyds style. yes he put hatton down, but mayweather had already exposed him. yeah he stopped de la hoya. but he stopped a de la hoya who was fighting at 147 and looked sick when he entered the ring. mayweather fought him at his natural 154 while he weighed in at 147. thats impressive. pacquiao is smaller and slower than may and it will show. pacquiao jumps into his punches and floyd will take advantage of that. sorry, its not even close

jetsRsnitchaz
05-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Oh please

tell me who is faster then. whitaker? No. roy jones in his prime? No. Aaron pryor? No. and those are some of the fastest this sport has seen

jetsRsnitchaz
05-12-2010, 10:52 AM
I scored the first Castillo fight a 113-113 draw, that was the only fight in which Pretty Boy was in jeopardy. The De La Hoya fight was a very controversial split decision, frankly, the fight wasn't really that close. Mayweather was well in control.

i agree he was in control later in the DLH fight, but wasn't as dominant as he was in other fights

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-13-2010, 11:23 AM
really? different angles?? from what i see, he bob's and weave's now, but in the end his punches still come from the same place. you say its really impressive what hes done. yeah the knockouts were cool. but everyone he has fought was willing to stand infront of him. that has never been floyds style. yes he put hatton down, but mayweather had already exposed him. yeah he stopped de la hoya. but he stopped a de la hoya who was fighting at 147 and looked sick when he entered the ring. mayweather fought him at his natural 154 while he weighed in at 147. thats impressive. pacquiao is smaller and slower than may and it will show. pacquiao jumps into his punches and floyd will take advantage of that. sorry, its not even close

Yeah they come from the same place, but from a different angle, if you personally have ever boxed, you understand the importance of using angles.

Everyone has been willing to stand in front of Manny, and Floyd's gonna do the same thing until Manny throws shot's and he throws so many it's gonna be hard for Floyd to get outta the way. The DLH thing you bring up is irrelevant to me, because IMO DLH won that fight. And you just shrug off the Hatton 2nd round KO like it's nothing lol... Manny is smallers but not significantly slower, be will definatley be the more active fighter by miles. I see this fight bein just like the Clottey fight, a little more competitive, but similar. Manny wins by Decision due to the fact he will be more active, he's problley mad that Floyd's acusing him of juicin.

Yeah i forgot about the bobbing and weaving thing, my bad, another thing... Floyd leans to his right alot he's settin himself up for that same left that Ricky Hatton caught. :)

2009mvp
05-13-2010, 12:48 PM
tell me who is faster then. whitaker? No. roy jones in his prime? No. Aaron pryor? No. and those are some of the fastest this sport has seen

Speed is obviously an objective trait when it comes to fighters, which is why pound for pound I don't know how you can even try to say definitively that Floyd is faster than Jones, Taylor, Davis, Sweetpea, Ali, Camacho. Hell a prime Mosley was just as quick as Floyd IMO.

Yeah they come from the same place, but from a different angle, if you personally have ever boxed, you understand the importance of using angles.

Everyone has been willing to stand in front of Manny, and Floyd's gonna do the same thing until Manny throws shot's and he throws so many it's gonna be hard for Floyd to get outta the way. The DLH thing you bring up is irrelevant to me, because IMO DLH won that fight. And you just shrug off the Hatton 2nd round KO like it's nothing lol... Manny is smallers but not significantly slower, be will definatley be the more active fighter by miles. I see this fight bein just like the Clottey fight, a little more competitive, but similar. Manny wins by Decision due to the fact he will be more active, he's problley mad that Floyd's acusing him of juicin.

Yeah i forgot about the bobbing and weaving thing, my bad, another thing... Floyd leans to his right alot he's settin himself up for that same left that Ricky Hatton caught. :)

I'd love to hear how you explain that one. Up to that I was with what you were saying 100% lately.

Kid Fabulous
05-14-2010, 12:52 AM

yeah... that DLH fight wasnt even close, money won that easily. i didnt say his ko of hatton was nothing, but after floyd put him down, his head was gone, and he fought into pacquiao's strenghts. he is a bully fighter and he caught him with that left when he leaned in if im not mistaken. and floyd leans away from fighters and rolls with punches, from every angle too. we know how smart a boxer money is, you really think he would go in there and lean into pacquiao's power??? i dont think so. but i could see him doing it just cause, and like i said, i feel he is so much faster than him that he can get away from it. i like pacquiao, i wish he wouldnt fight mayweather cause it will not be good for him. money will make him look silly. if he tries to back may down, he will jump into one of his punches like he always does and may will catch him and slip away. if money stands infront of him to box him, thats a fight we all know pacquiao wont win. and did you see pacquiaos face after that clottey fight, he hardly threw anything at him and his face was still swollen, money wont just sit there and let him throw. clottey was a rock they put in the ring to buy time. pacquiao is in a whole nother league now. he will be out classed

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-14-2010, 04:23 PM
yeah... that DLH fight wasnt even close, money won that easily. i didnt say his ko of hatton was nothing, but after floyd put him down, his head was gone, and he fought into pacquiao's strenghts. he is a bully fighter and he caught him with that left when he leaned in if im not mistaken. and floyd leans away from fighters and rolls with punches, from every angle too. we know how smart a boxer money is, you really think he would go in there and lean into pacquiao's power??? i dont think so. but i could see him doing it just cause, and like i said, i feel he is so much faster than him that he can get away from it. i like pacquiao, i wish he wouldnt fight mayweather cause it will not be good for him. money will make him look silly. if he tries to back may down, he will jump into one of his punches like he always does and may will catch him and slip away. if money stands infront of him to box him, thats a fight we all know pacquiao wont win. and did you see pacquiaos face after that clottey fight, he hardly threw anything at him and his face was still swollen, money wont just sit there and let him throw. clottey was a rock they put in the ring to buy time. pacquiao is in a whole nother league now. he will be out classed

I'm pretty bored with this argument, honestly, but how do you figure Mayweather will win the fight running... So what Manny's face was swollen?? He was just in a 36 minute fight, what do you expect?

Like I said... Manny will win against Floyd cuz he will be the more active fighter.

H.E.R.
05-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Speed is obviously an objective trait when it comes to fighters, which is why pound for pound I don't know how you can even try to say definitively that Floyd is faster than Jones, Taylor, Davis, Sweetpea, Ali, Camacho. Hell a prime Mosley was just as quick as Floyd IMO.

:mad:

I know you were just listing those guys at the top of your head, but how dare you forget Pep.

jetsRsnitchaz
05-15-2010, 10:34 AM

I'd love to hear how you explain that one. Up to that I was with what you were saying 100% lately.

i understand what you are saying and you make a valid point, but all around floyd is the quickest. the eyes don't lie on this one. i disagree on mosley being just as quick.

Bravo95
05-20-2010, 08:15 AM
1. Oscar did not beat Mayweather.

2. I don't think it's fair to say Floyd is by far the fastest or not, but he definitely deserves to be in the discussion with the aforementioned names.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-20-2010, 03:37 PM

Lol Zab Judah?? Zab Judah is good for 4 rounds!!

Mosley was done after 3 rounds!!

Mayweather fights them OLD, and SMALL!!!!!!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-20-2010, 03:39 PM
He has nightmares about Paul Williams and problley even Antonio Margarito!

DodgerBulls
05-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Link (http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=578552&publicationSubCategoryId=69)

Update: “Yes, we were told that Floyd now wants a bigger share. And if that’s the case, we now feel that he really doesn’t want to fight Manny because Floyd knows we will never agree on that,” said Pineda.

Apparently, Pacquiao was not happy with the news because it could mean that the fight will never take place.

Pacquiao said a few days ago he was giving in to Mayweather’s demand to have blood tests taken 14 days before the fight, or even closer than that as long as it’s not on the day of the fight itself.

But Pacquiao’s willingness to do more blood tests were met by reports that Mayweather, as of February, had renewed his demand. From 14 days, he said he wants it done “all the way to the fight.”

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Link (http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=578552&publicationSubCategoryId=69)

Update: “Yes, we were told that Floyd now wants a bigger share. And if that’s the case, we now feel that he really doesn’t want to fight Manny because Floyd knows we will never agree on that,” said Pineda.

Apparently, Pacquiao was not happy with the news because it could mean that the fight will never take place.

Pacquiao said a few days ago he was giving in to Mayweather’s demand to have blood tests taken 14 days before the fight, or even closer than that as long as it’s not on the day of the fight itself.

But Pacquiao’s willingness to do more blood tests were met by reports that Mayweather, as of February, had renewed his demand. From 14 days, he said he wants it done “all the way to the fight.”

Classic Mayweather.

fadedmario
05-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Come on Floyd, this is your chance to be truly great. Don't blow it.

DodgerBulls
05-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Classic Mayweather.

I just really hope that he isn't running from the fight, cause if he is.. :mad:! I don't care who wins as I respect both fighters on their own different accomplishments, I just want to see the fight.

I like Mayweather because he is the definition of boxing IMO. Fundamentals and patience defines him. Although his style is a bit boring, he is deciplined, in the ring that is.

As for Pacman, whooo.. he puts up a great show. Explosive and his eager to KO his opponets makes us to watch him again and again. Work ethic is definitely there and does not mind to show it.

fadedmario
05-25-2010, 11:59 PM
Floyd is my favorite fighter. But I think he's dodging the fight right now. I truly think he's got a good shot to beat pac-man. Get in the ring. Boxing needs this fight. It could be the biggest fight in 20 years.

DodgerBulls
05-26-2010, 01:12 AM
Floyd is my favorite fighter. But I think he's dodging the fight right now. I truly think he's got a good shot to beat pac-man. Get in the ring. Boxing needs this fight. It could be the biggest fight in 20 years.

Yup, same here. I do think that Mayweather has a chance, I don't see why. Great defense and fast on counters. The only thing Floyd should worry about are Pacman's angles.

Bravo95
05-26-2010, 01:24 AM
If I remember correctly, Mayweather always demanded a bigger share in the original negotiations because he was (and still is) the bigger PPV draw based on the numbers, so that news story isn't really news at all.

What we need to know is if Manny/Arum rescinded their demand for Floyd to pay $10M per pound overweight he is at the weigh-in. Because if neither side is budging on all of their demands, then both sides are to blame.

I don't wanna hear anything about a catchweight either, should be at 147.

DodgerBulls
05-26-2010, 05:17 AM
If I remember correctly, Mayweather always demanded a bigger share in the original negotiations because he was (and still is) the bigger PPV draw based on the numbers, so that news story isn't really news at all.

What we need to know is if Manny/Arum rescinded their demand for Floyd to pay $10M per pound overweight he is at the weigh-in. Because if neither side is budging on all of their demands, then both sides are to blame.

I don't wanna hear anything about a catchweight either, should be at 147.

well he based it on the numbers from their recent fight. Floyd v. Mosley compared to the Pacman v. Clottey.. come on seriously? The article said that if they were to base it from the Mosley and Pacman v. Cotto.. then it's about same.

D Roses Bulls
06-06-2010, 03:14 AM
"A video of Mayweather Jr. with Armando Carral, an 18 yr. old cancer patient, for the "Make-A-Wish Foundation" interview on June 2, 2010, at Las Vegas, Nevada. "Floyd dodging Manny? Mayweather eyes 2-yr break"" - ABC

Mayweather is ducking pacman it looks like to me

http://worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhUp8vRg5pDwQpQB72

Gangreenseason
06-06-2010, 09:35 AM
This fight is being negotiated as we speak between Mayweather Promotions, Golden Boy Promotions and Top Rank. I heard Pacquiao will agree to the blood testing due to the potential purse from this fight and the fact that it will likely be his final fight ever.

fadedmario
06-06-2010, 09:43 PM
I hope this fight happens. It will give me an excuse to throw one hell of a party.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-07-2010, 10:50 PM
He says he has no problem facing Pacquiao but he's going to deny a cancer patient and say he has to wait a year or 2?

Get outta here.

2009mvp
06-10-2010, 04:50 PM
He says he has no problem facing Pacquiao but he's going to deny a cancer patient and say he has to wait a year or 2?

Get outta here.

The hell does that have to do with anything? Floyd made time to meet the kid, now you expect him to make decisions based on what he asked? Come on now. Yeah I (just like everyone else) just want the damn fight made, but killing Floyd for not doing as the kid told him is just juvenile.

fadedmario
06-10-2010, 08:44 PM
The hell does that have to do with anything? Floyd made time to meet the kid, now you expect him to make decisions based on what he asked? Come on now. Yeah I (just like everyone else) just want the damn fight made, but killing Floyd for not doing as the kid told him is just juvenile.

I agree

Bravo95
06-11-2010, 03:16 AM
Might as well name this fight "Damned If They Do, Damned If They Don't" because there's gonna be a whole lot of excuse-making and unnecessary hate regardless of the outcome.

H.E.R.
06-11-2010, 05:18 PM

I agree you shouldn't go after Mayweather for this, but would you be surprised if what he said was true? He was guaranteed a huge payday for a rematch with De La Hoya, but turned it down to retire. Then there's the latest news that the NSAC won't support his proposed blood testing procedures and the other previous news that he's been asking for more of the purse split...

ccspence8
06-12-2010, 06:21 AM
Its official, Mayweather ducks and dodges his greatest competitors.

FIGHT SUM1 IN THEIR PRIME ALREADY.

He calls out Pacman for not getting the fight done like 4 months ago and now Pacman agrees to his methods but he bows out like a *****.

ccspence8
06-12-2010, 06:22 AM
Its official, Mayweather ducks and dodges his greatest competitors.

FIGHT SUM1 IN THEIR PRIME ALREADY.

He calls out Pacman for not getting the fight done like 4 months ago and now Pacman agrees to his methods but he bows out like a *****.

Realistik84
06-14-2010, 10:19 AM
ALI Please come back....we need a REAL Champ!

JJ_JKidd
06-22-2010, 02:48 AM
GAYWEATHER! Givin sum nonsense stipulations! Word UP Floyd wants no piece of MANNY!

GayW: I want this kind of drug testing
Manny P4P King: Okay

GayW: I want a 60-40 split in my favor

GayW: I want a "this something pound" catchweight

GayW: (lets see if Manny still agrees on this one because I really want no piece of him): I want u to $cK Floyd Sr's balls
Manny P4P King: Just for the fight to go through,,, HELL YEAH!!!

Raps18-19 Champ
06-22-2010, 10:26 PM

I obviously didn't mean it like that.

I meant in as in "Why would you tell someone who was dying that it's not happening"

Tell the kid something like "We working hard to get it done".

Havoc Wreaker
07-08-2010, 09:59 AM
GAYWEATHER! Givin sum nonsense stipulations! Word UP Floyd wants no piece of MANNY!

GayW: I want this kind of drug testing

GayW: I want a 60-40 split in my favor

GayW: I want a "this something pound" catchweight

GayW: (lets see if Manny still agrees on this one because I really want no piece of him): I want u to $cK Floyd Sr's balls
Manny P4P King: Just for the fight to go through,,, HELL YEAH!!!
How old are you?

ULT WARRIOR408
07-08-2010, 11:06 AM
^He's telling it like it is pasteli breathe.

jetsforever
07-08-2010, 08:28 PM
I still think Mayweather would win.

lakers4sho
07-11-2010, 02:42 PM
I think Pac should fight another one before Money. Maybe take the 154 title from Cotto?

JJ_JKidd
07-12-2010, 10:49 AM
How old are you?

GayWeather fan you are? Make your boy sign the fight contract!

GodsTwin
07-12-2010, 11:30 AM

Make your boy sign the fight contract? Wtf? :facepalm:

fadedmario
07-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Make your boy sign the fight contract? Wtf? :facepalm:

x2

Raps18-19 Champ
07-13-2010, 11:47 PM
I think Pac should fight another one before Money. Maybe take the 154 title from Cotto?

That would take too long. Pacman's next fight is in November. So a fight after that one would be in May.

By then, Pacman would be 32 and Mayweather will be 34. I want these guys to fight in their prime. Pacman is already thinking about retirement.

Mayweather is taking too long. Pacman already agreed to drug testing. What does he want now?

Raps18-19 Champ
07-13-2010, 11:48 PM
I swear Pacman already agreed to the drug testing.

What's taking so long?

Havoc Wreaker
07-14-2010, 01:34 AM
Actually, I am quite the Pacquiao enthusiast and I dislike Mayweather a fair amount. You still sound like you're 8 it's not quite that funny, it's actually embarrassing for yourself.

JJ_JKidd
07-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Actually, I am quite the Pacquiao enthusiast and I dislike Mayweather a fair amount. You still sound like you're 8 it's not quite that funny, it's actually embarrassing for yourself.

Way to change allegiances from GayWeather to Pac now that Gay probably really doesnt want any piece of Pac. It's not quite that funny, it's actually embarrassing for yourself.

And youre asking me if im 8? Yes im 8 y.o. but at least an eight year old with a college degree not some drop-out and bum couch potato losers like I think some people here are.

Lebromer
08-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Way to change allegiances from GayWeather to Pac now that Gay probably really doesnt want any piece of Pac. It's not quite that funny, it's actually embarrassing for yourself.

And youre asking me if im 8? Yes im 8 y.o. but at least an eight year old with a college degree not some drop-out and bum couch potato losers like I think some people here are.

You do know there were no actual talks nor official agreements, right?

AstroStar
08-13-2010, 04:44 PM
get this fight signed already

Raps18-19 Champ
08-14-2010, 01:36 AM
You do know there were no actual talks nor official agreements, right?

Even HBO president confirmed there were talks.

And it's the biggest fight in boxing history money wise. Do you really think a guy like Mayweather who only cares about money won't have any negotiations of a fight that would earn him close to $40 million a year? :eyebrow:

Havoc Wreaker
08-14-2010, 02:06 AM

I hadn't seen this comment here.

If you can find one single post where I even slightly leaned towards Mayweather, let me know. :shrug:.

And yes, you still sound like you're 8.

Wrigheyes4MVP
08-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Even HBO president confirmed there were talks.

And it's the biggest fight in boxing history money wise. Do you really think a guy like Mayweather who only cares about money won't have any negotiations of a fight that would earn him close to $40 million a year? :eyebrow:

This is true but Floyd doesnt only care about money...he only says that.

He cares just as much about his reputation of being an undefeated fighter just as much as the money he will make each fight.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-17-2010, 01:18 AM
This is true but Floyd doesnt only care about money...he only says that.

He cares just as much about his reputation of being an undefeated fighter just as much as the money he will make each fight.

How could I forget? :facepalm:

The guy dodges fighters left and right.

He dodged Margarito after being offered $8 million(at the time, one of his highest payday) because he said that Margarito wasn't a good enough of a PPV draw when Margarito was at the top of the Welterweight division alongside Mayweather, Mosley, etc and instead, Mayweather considered fighting Cory Spinks before ultimately fighting Carlos Baldomir.

borat
08-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Floyd does only care about money. The reason why he makes the money is for one reason. He is undefeated.

Add a loss to his record(and outside of a quick rematch) with whomever beat him and he will make less money in his fights over the next 3-4 years. Plus, i'm not even factoring in all the money lost on endorsements.

Floyd will fight Manny one day. But most likely it will be 3-4 years down the line. So yes he is passing up on 10-15 million right now. But he will continue to beat those that offer up little competition and he will continue to rake in the big bucks.

His reputation and undefeated record only matter if it leads to more money per fight. And it has. He doesn't want to risk that. Not because of pride, but rather due to money reasons.

fadedmario
08-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Mayweather needs to get in the ring with Pac-man. He'd knock him out IMO

mynameismo
08-18-2010, 06:52 AM
It's not happening.

Floyd will NEVER fight a boxer who can beat him.

While Pac keeps on fighting bigger boxers that people think can beat him. Clottey? Cotto? Margarito?

Bravo95
08-18-2010, 06:48 PM
^ Nobody seriously thought either of those three could beat Pacquiao. Keep it competitive for a few rounds, maybe, but that's all. Money grab.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-18-2010, 11:22 PM
^ Nobody seriously thought either of those three could beat Pacquiao. Keep it competitive for a few rounds, maybe, but that's all. Money grab.

Agreed.

Cotto had the potential but Cotto wasn't as big and strong as people would have thought.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-18-2010, 11:31 PM
Floyd does only care about money. The reason why he makes the money is for one reason. He is undefeated.

Add a loss to his record(and outside of a quick rematch) with whomever beat him and he will make less money in his fights over the next 3-4 years. Plus, i'm not even factoring in all the money lost on endorsements.

Floyd will fight Manny one day. But most likely it will be 3-4 years down the line. So yes he is passing up on 10-15 million right now. But he will continue to beat those that offer up little competition and he will continue to rake in the big bucks.

His reputation and undefeated record only matter if it leads to more money per fight. And it has. He doesn't want to risk that. Not because of pride, but rather due to money reasons.

If he wants to stay undefeated, he can fight the lesser fighters but the fact that he thinks his opponents are the best available is why people hate him.

JMM is the best fighter he could have faced? Really?

All he had to do was wait 1 more day and he could have faced Pacquiao.

Mayweather can fight 2 or 3 more opponents but not 1 fighter out there who Mayweather would consider fighting right now can probably generate more than $10 million for Mayweather. Other than Pacquaio, other fighters who might generate $10 mil for Mayweather is probably Cotto, Williams and Bradley/Berto. But even then, all Mayweathers payday combined facing those 3 might not even be worth as much as 1 fight with Pacquaio.