PDA

View Full Version : As of playoffs- Is Portland a better defensive team than San Antonio?

Jdawg
05-03-2010, 09:13 AM
Please support your answer with why.

king4day
05-03-2010, 09:17 AM
They are very good at crowding. And if the game is in their tempo it's hard to get a shot off.
I think the Suns were called for more 24 second violations last series in 6 games than they were the entire season.

For the Spurs, Blair is the wild card. Without Lopez, he should have a field day on the glass.

braveniler58
05-03-2010, 12:58 PM
I hope so. :D

chrism8188
05-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Doesn't matter, Portland lost lol

TornadoOfSouls
05-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Whether it's the playoffs or Regular season, Spurs are easily a better defensive team than the Blazers. Here's some team stats(defensive efficiency) that prove my case:

SA was ranked 9th in the league in def eff during the reg season.
Portland was ranked 13th in the league in def eff during the reg season.

SA is ranked 6th in the league in def eff during the playoffs.
Portland is ranked 16th in the league in def eff during the playoffs.

Spurs were ranked 8th in the league in Defensive Rating. Blazers were 15th in the same category.

tdunk21
05-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Whether it's the playoffs or Regular season, Spurs are easily a better defensive team than the Blazers. Here's some team stats(defensive efficiency) that prove my case:

SA was ranked 9th in the league in def eff during the reg season.
Portland was ranked 13th in the league in def eff during the reg season.

SA is ranked 6th in the league in def eff during the playoffs.
Portland is ranked 16th in the league in def eff during the playoffs.

Spurs were ranked 8th in the league in Defensive Rating. Blazers were 15th in the same category.
:cool:

Ansy
05-03-2010, 04:34 PM
No. Not until Oden comes back healthy. Right now, Portland is running Juwan Howard at center when Camby goes to the bench, and the defense immediately suffers. Portland relies on its centers for defense more than just about any other team, and until two of their 3 centers are healthy, they will suffer through stretches of porous defense. When they have enough health to have one of Oden, Camby or Pryzbilla out there at all times, I believe they will finally rise into that top 5 defensive team.

Jdawg
05-03-2010, 04:44 PM
So then based on these responses, the Suns should have a tougher time against the Spurs defense than they did against the Blazers defense. Agree?

ugafan
05-03-2010, 04:45 PM
So then based on these responses, the Suns should have a tougher time against the Spurs defense than they did against the Blazers defense. Agree?

Most definitely.

AccUrSeD
05-03-2010, 06:26 PM
the suns just have an absolutely POTENT offense..

JPHX
05-03-2010, 07:02 PM

your not taking into account matchup scenarios. Suns dont play well particularly against teams with bigger guards (Andre Miller, etc.). Spurs overall defensive schemes make them the better defensive team, however Suns matchup well with the Spurs.