PDA

View Full Version : Is Anybody As Pumped To See Howard VS. Horford As I Am?

JasonJohnHorn
05-03-2010, 08:12 AM
These guys are easily the two best young centers in the league, and they have such different game. Howard is the dominant interior guy with amazing athleticism, and Horford his a hard-nose defender, who can handle the ball, pass drive the lane, and hit base line jumpers, and both are great rebounders and shot blockers.

I am extremely excited to watch these to go head-to-head, especially since I didnt get to see Horford and Bogut play head-to-head, and I think these guys will make this one of the most exciting series of this year's playoffs!

What do you think? And who do you have?

Niro
05-03-2010, 08:22 AM
if howards can stay out of foul trouble its not close if u ask me so i voted the first

Becks2307
05-03-2010, 08:28 AM
LOL horford sucks

Bogut > Horford..

Howard averaged like 21 and 17 vs Horford this season..this should be a wrap

topdog
05-03-2010, 08:43 AM
These guys are easily the two best young centers in the league, and they have such different game. Howard is the dominant interior guy with amazing athleticism, and Howard his a hard-nose defender, who can handle the ball, pass drive the lane, and hit base line jumpers, and both are great rebounders and shot blockers.

I am extremely excited to watch these to go head-to-head, especially since I didnt get to see Horford and Bogut play head-to-head, and I think these guys will make this one of the most exciting series of this year's playoffs!

Where's Horford?

JasonJohnHorn
05-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Where's Horford?

Thanks for pointing out the typo. it has been corrected!
howard with a baseline jumper and passing skills? lolz

chrism8188
05-03-2010, 08:59 AM
Horford is a good young center but that's about it lol, magic have it in the bag

Raidaz4Life
05-03-2010, 09:06 AM
I think the overall match up will be pretty good but there is no way Horford vs Howard is even remotely competitive unless Dwight is in foul trouble all series.

king4day
05-03-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm least interested in this series.
Magic will take it in 5 or 6.

NYtilIdie
05-03-2010, 10:01 AM
LOL horford sucks

Bogut > Horford..

Wouldn't say he sucks because he's an all-star, but he has a PF body which is why this is a huge mismatch

ZbuAtlCerK
05-03-2010, 10:29 AM
LOL Howard Is Gonna Poop On Horford.. The only Person To stop Howard Is SHAQ!! Maybe Amare

Geargo Wallace
05-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Horford will get fecal matter all over him. He's just lucky that he didn't have to deal with Bogut in the first round.

*Silver&Black*
05-03-2010, 10:51 AM
LOL horford sucks

Bogut > Horford..

Horford was an all-star. Doubt he sucks. Your team does though.

Go Hawks.

Iodine
05-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Thread is almost facepalm worthy

iggypop123
05-03-2010, 11:12 AM
horford isnt even the best florida big

ManRam
05-03-2010, 11:17 AM
I love Horford for obvious reasons. One of my favorite Gators ever...

A lot of Magic fans are totally overlooking him, but I think he's a top 5 center in the league. I don't think Dwight will "dominate him. Not even close"...but I do think it is a pretty big advantage for us. It all again depends on foul trouble. I don't think Atlanta has the depth and ability to draw as many fouls as Charlotte did, so I'm not as worried.

Horford will have a few nice moments, but I think Dwight finally gets it going.

tdunk21
05-03-2010, 11:41 AM
howard will feast on horford

vikesblitz
05-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Howard will dominate Al Hor...however i think the hawks are too athletic...hawks in 6

Wcuracer29
05-03-2010, 12:05 PM
The title of this thread should be Dwight vs. The Refs- Horford is basically a third wheel in the situation.

DodgerBulls
05-03-2010, 12:18 PM
I do hope that the Magics and Cavs win their respective series. I want to see Shaq v. Howard for one long series.. it will be intense!

Avenged
05-03-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm a fan of Horford but Dwight will flat out eat him alive. Of course the refs don't want anyone to be eaten on national t.v so they might keep Dwight in foul trouble. But if Dwight manages to stay on the floor, bye bye Horford.

pebloemer
05-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Could be a interesting sub-plot to the series. Horford is one of my favorite players, but Dwight is certainly the superior player. Howard will win the matchup, but I'm not sure he will "dominate" it. Horford is a smart, strong defender, with good fundamentals that will help him limit Howard, but it won't be enough to keep Howard off the offensive glass - which is where he'll hurt Atlanta the most. But basketball is a team sport, so if Horford gets some help from teammates and they can take a page out of Charlotte's playbook, Dwight may not be in the game enough to make this a huge noteworthy matchup.

barreleffact
05-03-2010, 12:35 PM
I love Horford for obvious reasons. One of my favorite Gators ever...

A lot of Magic fans are totally overlooking him, but I think he's a top 5 center in the league. I don't think Dwight will "dominate him. Not even close"...but I do think it is a pretty big advantage for us. It all again depends on foul trouble. I don't think Atlanta has the depth and ability to draw as many fouls as Charlotte did, so I'm not as worried.

Horford will have a few nice moments, but I think Dwight finally gets it going.

pretty much this. hard to say howard is going to completely dominate, at least offensively. howard will do everything he always does. rebound well, score 15-25 and block shots. horford is a pretty big body but isnt close to dwight. with that being said, i chose the 3rd option strictly because regardless of the centers, its going to be a series decided by the rest of the line-up

pebloemer
05-03-2010, 12:38 PM
pretty much this. hard to say howard is going to completely dominate, at least offensively. howard will do everything he always does. rebound well, score 15-25 and block shots. horford is a pretty big body but isnt close to dwight. with that being said, i chose the 3rd option strictly because regardless of the centers, its going to be a series decided by the rest of the line-up

yah, I chose not to vote. I dont' really agree with any of the options. Far too polarized for me. I don't predict either extreme to be true, nor do I think it will be a draw.

*Silver&Black*
05-03-2010, 12:44 PM
To be honest, Horford nor Howard will decide this series. Like it is with both of these teams, they never listen. Both teams have great low post players but both teams rely on the jump shooting. So it will be decided on Johnson/Crawford or Carter/Lewis being hot IMO and the wild cards being Josh Smith and Nelson.

jaytriskit
05-03-2010, 12:48 PM
ill give the nod to Howard overall but i dont think Horford will be dominated by any means. Besides, the biggest miss match is nowhere close to Horford/Howard... its Smith/Lewis. Smith will dominate Lewis in every way. Ill give the edge to Johnson over Carter as well. PG and SF are toss ups. And Orlando doesnt have anyone close to Crawford on the bench.

Rivera
05-03-2010, 12:58 PM
dwight will beast on this dude

dwights gonna get like 22 ppg 13 boards and 4 blocks a game during the series no1 on atlanta can guard him where charlotte could with those 3 bigs

orlando in 5!

barreleffact
05-03-2010, 01:02 PM
ill give the nod to Howard overall but i dont think Horford will be dominated by any means. Besides, the biggest miss match is nowhere close to Horford/Howard... its Smith/Lewis. Smith will dominate Lewis in every way. Ill give the edge to Johnson over Carter as well. PG and SF are toss ups. And Orlando doesnt have anyone close to Crawford on the bench.

Lol th ebench is the biggest advantage by far over ATL. Pietrus can shoot lights out, defend with the best of them and dunk and hustle. Reddick is good enough to start over VC much of the time. whit chocolate still has game, and gortat is good enough to play long stretches.

Jamal crawford is so overrated. Hes a joke. VERY inconsistant but so is joe johnson. as terrible as they are, they are still an upgrade over VC this year

and the PG is nowhere close to a toss up. Its Nelson fairly easily. Nelson is no superstar but he is the superior shooter, scorer, and facilitator to bibby.

Showmeyourtds
05-03-2010, 01:02 PM
no

mvb815
05-03-2010, 01:25 PM
i think horford would better match up with lewis than howard. i'd like to see the hawks play really big at some point this series, zaza at the 5, al at the 4, smith at the 3.

if the hawks had problems with the bogutless bucks they will definitely have some serious ones with the magic.

SA5195
05-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Horford is undersized againt Howard. Only averaged 8 points againt Howard, while Howard averaged 21 and 17 againt him.

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-03-2010, 01:33 PM
This thread is trash bag.

I grew up watching Kareem/Moses, Ewing/Olajawon, Ewing/Robinson/ Olajawon/Robinson
Ewing/Shaq Olajawon/Shaq Ewing/ZO Shaq/ZO etc Duncan etc

Why would I care about this crap.

Dwight and Horford are two of the most unbearable players to watch on the offensive end, for that reason alone, I yawn at this matchup. This whole series is gonna be about perimeter scoring anyway.

spoonhoops
05-03-2010, 01:36 PM
I think people will be surprised how well Horford will play against Howard in this series. I can't wait to see Howard foul out half the games too and see the fines he generates.

Hawkeye15
05-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Horford is a very good player, but will have problems finishing around the rim for a high number of posessions on Dwight. Horford will also have to attempt to keep out of foul trouble. He didn't see much against Milwaukee up front, he will see a much different front lineup here. And whom does he guard?
Howard is quite a bit better than Horford. heck, I would take Bogut, Lopez, or M. Gasol ahead of him as well, and that is off the top of my head.

Chronz
05-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Not as exciting as Hill vs Manu or my personal fav Collins Duncan

ldc62
05-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Im not pumped up at all.... theres been wayyy better center matchups in the past. Dwight is fun to watch when he goes all crazy with his dunks, but both players are nothing special on offense. Its not like David Robinson vs the Dream or anything like that.

Aar684
05-03-2010, 02:56 PM
This thread is trash bag.

I grew up watching Kareem/Moses, Ewing/Olajawon, Ewing/Robinson/ Olajawon/Robinson
Ewing/Shaq Olajawon/Shaq Ewing/ZO Shaq/ZO etc Duncan etc

Why would I care about this crap.

Dwight and Horford are two of the most unbearable players to watch on the offensive end, for that reason alone, I yawn at this matchup. This whole series is gonna be about perimeter scoring anyway.

Finally someone who knows what they are talking about. Howard has no offensive skill whatsoever. If dominating Horford means he gets a few more put back dunks, then yeah, he'll dominate. Horford is slightly more skilled with the basketball but is undersized. Nothing about this match up is interesting. It would be comical to watch a prime Hakeem leave Howard with his jock on the floor every possession.

RadiantShot
05-03-2010, 03:00 PM
I can't agree with ManRam this time. Dwight will have his way, and will avoid foul trouble for once, in this series. At least, that's what I think will result. But, this is the Playoffs, so anything can happen.

Sadds The Gr8
05-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Thread is almost facepalm worthy

this.

Toenail Clipper
05-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Horford isn't even that great!
He shouldn't even be an all-star, as a matter of fact Josh Smith>Al Horford

J-Relo
05-03-2010, 03:06 PM
of course it will be more interesting than it could have been against Bucks

Yankees Suck
05-03-2010, 03:20 PM
No because the Hawks suck. This is like watching a giant man dominate a team of nothings. It would be nice if Atlanta wins 1 game.

PC
05-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Are you joking? Howard will dominate! Not even close.

mjqusoldier
05-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Horford is one of the top 2 bigman in the league???? He's not even a top 2 bigman from his college team....Noah and Dlee are better than Horford lol

ko8e24
05-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Horford is a scrub compared to Howard. It's a mistmatch, heigh disadvantage for Horford, he's gonna get into foul trouble constantly, not gonna be fun to watch whatsoever. What is there to get pumped about?

And watching the Hawks isn't really anything to get pumped about either? They're a mentally weak team. Many NBA fans like myself lost respect for the Hawks after choking in game 5 @ Atlanta late in the 4th to the Bogut-less Bucks, which caused the most boring, uninteresting 1st rd sereis of these playoffs to be the only series to go 7 games. :faint:

Howard will not have the same numbers in the Charlotte series. He will be even better pts and rebounds wise. Magic in 5, and it won't even be funny. Just give Orlando their ticket to the ECF already. :pity:

TheBlackHole
05-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Horford is not even all that. Who gives a crap about him.

*Silver&Black*
05-03-2010, 03:56 PM
No because the Hawks suck. This is like watching a giant man dominate a team of nothings. It would be nice if Atlanta wins 1 game.

Hawks suck? 50+ wins and sucks? People who don't get paid millions to play basketball saying that people who do and win 50+ games sucks. Weird place this is.

SteveNash
05-03-2010, 04:15 PM
If the Hawks had Larry Brown instead of Mike Woodson this might have been interesting.

ldc62
05-03-2010, 11:07 PM
The thing is that stats wise, they might be similar. But the rest of the Magic players will kill the Hawks. :facepalm: myself for betting with my friend that the Hawks would beat the magic a month ago.

ldc62
05-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Also I want an option in the poll that says: I am not pumped up about this matchup at all.

ragee
05-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Horford is a good young center but that's about it lol, magic have it in the bag

Horford is a good young PF in my opinion...

*Silver&Black*
05-04-2010, 12:24 AM
Horford is a good young PF in my opinion...

Well he can stay at center if there isn't 29 Dwight Howards coming the in NBA anytime soon.

Raph12
05-04-2010, 12:30 AM
Dwight will destroy him like he's done since Horford came into the league... There is a reason why Horford has never outplayed him and the Magic have been killing them for the last few years.

Raph12
05-04-2010, 01:15 AM
If the Hawks had Larry Brown instead of Mike Woodson this might have been interesting.

So you're admitting defeat before Game 1 of Round 2?... Pitiful. :pity:

ChiSox219
05-04-2010, 01:50 AM
These guys are easily the two best young centers in the league, and they have such different game. Howard is the dominant interior guy with amazing athleticism, and Horford his a hard-nose defender, who can handle the ball, pass drive the lane, and hit base line jumpers, and both are great rebounders and shot blockers.

Most of PSD didn't think Horford deserved to be an all-star

As you can see, things don't change much around here.

Personally, I can't wait, I think it will be a great battle give Horford's all around ability, particularly on defense.

ko8e24
05-04-2010, 02:53 AM
Hawks are fool's gold! They're a 53 win team that'll tease you, and then lose at the end. They're just not ready to be in the elite conversation.

ldc62
05-04-2010, 04:07 AM
Hawks are fool's gold! They're a 53 win team that'll tease you, and then lose at the end. They're just not ready to be in the elite conversation.

exactly. Most teams when they win 50+, they kinda scare you. But Hawks don't. Limit them to a half court game and it's prolly a win.

ragee
05-04-2010, 05:44 AM
Well he can stay at center if there isn't 29 Dwight Howards coming the in NBA anytime soon.

True... Coz he is actually doing good at the center position... However, imagine if the Hawks get a decent center... and they put Horford back in the pf position... He will be so much better...

*Silver&Black*
05-04-2010, 12:59 PM
True... Coz he is actually doing good at the center position... However, imagine if the Hawks get a decent center... and they put Horford back in the pf position... He will be so much better...

Well the Hawks would need a great center, because that means you are replacing Josh Smith with a center (with moving Horford to Josh Smith's PF spot). So if the Hawks do that, they need to replace a triple-double threat in Josh Smith, not just get a center for the sake of one. Josh Smith can't play SF, so a new center means no more Josh Smith or Horford. I think they are fine, they just need a leader not named Joe Johnson that could help them. Only if there were more Steve Nash or Deron Williams floating around.

rocky4104
05-04-2010, 01:09 PM
i have not seen the hawks play much but orlando's my second fave team so i watch the magic games as much as i can.. is horford an equal match against howard? not ragging on hawks fans, just asking, since im not familiar with his (horford) play

*Silver&Black*
05-04-2010, 01:12 PM
i have not seen the hawks play much but orlando's my second fave team so i watch the magic games as much as i can.. is horford an equal match against howard? not ragging on hawks fans, just asking, since im not familiar with his (horford) play

Would I pick Horford on my team before Howard? Heck no.

Do I think Howard's weak O and foul trouble weakens the threat against Horford? Yes.

rocky4104
05-04-2010, 01:29 PM

Do I think Howard's weak O and foul trouble weakens the threat against Horford? Yes.

so is it like saying those two will cancel each other out in the series?

hvg
05-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Horford would be one of the best PFs in the league if the Hawks had a starting C. He's clearly undersized and overpowered at C and Howard should have his way with him as long as he stays outta foul trouble.

*Silver&Black*
05-04-2010, 01:47 PM
so is it like saying those two will cancel each other out in the series?

I wouldn't say cancel each other out 100%, but I don't even think they will decide the series. These 2 teams are hard headed and shoot jumpers like crazy, even though they have good inside players. So I think Johnson/Crawford and Carter/Lewis will decide this series.

Raph12
05-04-2010, 03:31 PM

Give me Dwight, Yao (healthy), Bogut (healthy), Lopez, Bynum (healthy), Big Al (healthy), Oden (healthy), Nene (healthy), Kaman, M. Gasol, Noah, Shaq, Camby, Okur, Dalembert, Perkins and Haywood before I take Horford... So that would make him the 18th best center in the league for me. Btw Horford is not AS worthy, J-Smoove was snubbed, Horford's a solid PF, not center.

As for Dwight's "weak O and foul trouble" Howard's dominated Horford in every game they've played since Horford got into the league. Dwight got into foul trouble because everyone on the Cats would take it straight at him every time, that's also why he avged 5bpg in 26mpg.

Magic in 5.

ragee
05-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Well the Hawks would need a great center, because that means you are replacing Josh Smith with a center (with moving Horford to Josh Smith's PF spot). So if the Hawks do that, they need to replace a triple-double threat in Josh Smith, not just get a center for the sake of one. Josh Smith can't play SF, so a new center means no more Josh Smith or Horford. I think they are fine, they just need a leader not named Joe Johnson that could help them. Only if there were more Steve Nash or Deron Williams floating around.

Oh... I believe he can but that's not my point here... All I am trying to say is Horford is a good center but well do a whole lot better if he plays as a pf...

Raoul Duke
05-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Horford went to HS about 10 minutes from where I live, so I always love watching him play.

Kakaroach
05-04-2010, 08:06 PM
I would have been more pumped to see Bogut vs Howard. :sad2:

Oh well, this is still gonna be a pretty good match-up to watch.

Bruno
05-04-2010, 09:38 PM
...yeah.

heathonater
05-04-2010, 09:42 PM
yeah, not much of a matchup right now. howard is getting whatever he wants inside today.

DerekRE_3
05-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Theo Ratliff vs Dwight was closer than this....

cmellofan15
05-04-2010, 10:17 PM
I liked Pachulia vs. Anderson better

RadiantShot
05-04-2010, 10:28 PM
;)

Night.

Miltown34
05-04-2010, 10:49 PM
i guess u got ur answer

ldc62
05-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Tonight definitely confirmed how great this matchup will be. **** Larry and Magic. This is the greatest matchup of all time. What? The Hawks only lost by 40+.

Raph12
05-04-2010, 11:52 PM
@ *Silver&Black*

You were saying? :rolleyes:

JasonJohnHorn
05-05-2010, 02:18 AM
Man, what a disapointing first game :-(

At least one team showed up.

barreleffact
05-05-2010, 09:15 AM
lol at this thread