PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Stuckey

DitchDat
05-03-2010, 05:10 AM
His emergence was why there was no room for Billups in Detroit. When the 2008-09 season began, some even said he was an All-Star worthy player who was a sure-fire superstar once he just got a chance.

His shooting percentages are horrible, he's not a pure point guard and he likes jacking up shots. I understand that improvement doesn't happen overnight, but were we all wrong about Stuckey? I don't think he's the player he Detroit fashions him to be. I'm not saying he's not a good player and should be bashed, but I don't think he's the 'young savior' the Pistons thought he would be.

Thoughts?

ko8e24
05-03-2010, 05:12 AM
First of all.....

YAY, I missed these threads that have the creative thread titles of "First Name...Last Name"

:D

Second, I think had Pistons kept Billups, he would've been a mentor to Stuckey. Much like how Tony Parker has been a mentor to George Hill with the Spurs.

Stuckey has some good games, but he's wildly inconsistent. Hopefully working in the offseason will do him good for next season.

DfanAlways
05-03-2010, 05:25 AM
Yeah. Dumars got rid of Chauncey a year too soon. Stuckey could have used another year behind Billups to get his act together. He's literally the same player that Chauncey was in his early career.. think's he's a shooting guard but starts & has all the tools to be a superstar PG, but since he can get to the rim whenever he wants to through power & quickness, prefers to try & score first. It's frustrating to watch.

He needs a veteran backup to help him through & some solid offseason work if he wants to be considered an elite PG.

ldc62
05-03-2010, 06:00 AM
This better not [re]start the trend of "wanting other fans to post their thoughts on their teams players to reassure the OP".

ryder78c
05-03-2010, 06:25 AM
stuckey is a great player that bein said....would piston fans trade stuckey +wallace away for Rudy fernandez jerryd bayless Joel Przybilla? just a question not anything to get hyped up over

JasonJohnHorn
05-03-2010, 08:08 AM
I wasnt wrong about stuckey. I thought he was a little overrated in his rookie year, even if he had some great moments in the playoffs. Potential, sure, I saw some, but not enough to be like Joe-D and say "I'll trade anybody but Stuckey" or trade Billups and assume he'll be great full time PG.

He seems like a great guy, and I like the Pistons so I hope he does become a solid player, but people were saying "he's the next Wade" and I just never saw it.

ShockerArt
05-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Stuckey is a 6th man.

dwadefan03
05-03-2010, 09:49 AM
just give him some time i think he eventually can become a superstar.

td0tsfinest
05-03-2010, 10:33 AM
While I don't think Stuckey is a perennial Allstar, he can still be a very good player in this league.

shyfly24
05-03-2010, 10:58 AM
rodney stuckey is such a disappointment..i can't believe joe d thought he was our future at the point. Just more of a reason why he should be fired.

stuckey ranks last among ALL the guards in the league..including 3 string players...in true shooting % as well has pure point ratio.
as soon as he took over our team went from being top 10 in assists to dead last and our 3 point % droped down to last in the league as well as our fg%.
this is why our team is a joke.
people say "oh its cause we dont have a low post presence".
Well the year chauncy got traded he took that team to 6 straight eastern conf finals. Stuck had the exact same team chuancy had that year and took us to such an embarrassing season and then everyone blamed micheal curry for it.
so what now?..are we gonna fire keuster?
no the real problem is stuckey

Isnt the pg suppose to make our team better? I'm a piston fan and watched every game this year and this dude got blocked EVERY SINGLE GAME! It was so unreal...i've never seen anything like this in my life. Defenders know what stuckey is going to do before stuckey knows what hes going to do.

and usually people who don't shoot 3 pointers have a higher fg%...well this guy doesnt shoot 3s and yet he still has such a horrible fg%.

SteveNash
05-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Stuckey is worthless and will never become a good player. Dumars should have traded him while his value was high.

JWO35
05-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Rodney Stuckey has great supporters ^

I think Stuckey isn't overrated, he was just over-hyped when the Pistons traded Billups...Stuckey shows signs of great skills and potential. I think he just needs a low post Player to dump it to at times. I mean the Pistons are a bunch of shooters with a Defensive minded undersize Center in Ben Wallace.

Toenail Clipper
05-03-2010, 04:11 PM
stuckey is a great player that bein said....would piston fans trade stuckey +wallace away for Rudy fernandez jerryd bayless Joel Przybilla? just a question not anything to get hyped up over

go home

SteveNash
05-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Rodney Stuckey has great supporters ^

I think Stuckey isn't overrated, he was just over-hyped when the Pistons traded Billups...Stuckey shows signs of great skills and potential. I think he just needs a low post Player to dump it to at times. I mean the Pistons are a bunch of shooters with a Defensive minded undersize Center in Ben Wallace.

He's going to be 24 and still hasn't shown much. Odds of him being a late bloomer are very low.

He's injury prone.

He can get to the rim but doesn't have great athleticism to finish once he gets their.

Not a good shooter.

Poor decision maker.

pebloemer
05-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Yeah. Dumars got rid of Chauncey a year too soon. Stuckey could have used another year behind Billups to get his act together. He's literally the same player that Chauncey was in his early career.. think's he's a shooting guard but starts & has all the tools to be a superstar PG, but since he can get to the rim whenever he wants to through power & quickness, prefers to try & score first. It's frustrating to watch.

He needs a veteran backup to help him through & some solid offseason work if he wants to be considered an elite PG.

But Dumars needed the cap space from Iverson's deal to overpay Gordon and Villanueva ;)

DetroitRipCity
05-03-2010, 04:33 PM
He's going to be 24 and still hasn't shown much. Odds of him being a late bloomer are very low.

He's injury prone.

He can get to the rim but doesn't have great athleticism to finish once he gets their.

Not a good shooter.

Poor decision maker.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

You ever watch him finish at the rim?

sep11ie
05-03-2010, 04:49 PM

He's injury prone.

Not a good shooter.

Poor decision maker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wczk7DNk1-U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=budeIKwv7x8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuTMAzTIxvw&feature=related

shyfly24
05-03-2010, 06:17 PM

You seen the amount of times this guy gets blocked on a game by game basis?

shyfly24
05-03-2010, 06:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wczk7DNk1-U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=budeIKwv7x8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuTMAzTIxvw&feature=related

loll at the first 2 vids being the same

and everyone has a mix..
chucky atkins has one..
don't mean nothing

SteveNash
05-03-2010, 08:04 PM

He's a decent athlete and has good size but isn't elite. He's shot 49%, 50%, and 49% at the rim his first 3 years. That's terrible, especially for someone with no outside shot.

shyfly24
05-03-2010, 08:36 PM
and btw this dude shot near 21% from the field in the 2nd half of games and is a horrible playoff shooter.
it just shows when teams begin to lock down on defense hes nowhere to be found.

DitchDat
05-05-2010, 05:29 AM
The Pistons should line up Stuckey and Hamilton at guard, and then have a Hedo-type point-forward. This will make those guys more effective.
Why the **** they ever signed Ben Gordon I don't know

DitchDat
05-10-2010, 07:17 AM
undersized SG forced to play PG + he's not a good shooter + logjam of wing players = bad situation