PDA

View Full Version : For the Remaining 8 Teams, As a Fan, Who Do You Want To Face

ko8e24
05-03-2010, 12:56 AM
This is to all Lakers, Jazz, Spurs, Suns, Cavaliers, Celtics, Magic and Hawks fans. Input would also be encouraged by fans of other teams letting us know what matchups they would like to see for the rest of the postseason.

Lakers fans, who do you want to see in the WCF and who do you want to meet in the NBA Finals?

Jazz fans, who do you want to see in the WCF and who do you want to meet in the NBA Finals?

Suns fans, who do you want to see in the WCF and who do you want to meet in the NBA Finals?

Spurs fans, who do you want to see in the WCF and who do you want to meet in the NBA Finals?

Cavaliers fans, who do you want to see in the ECF and who do you want to meet in the NBA Finals?

Celtics fans, who do you want to see in the ECF and who do you want to meet in the NBA Finals?

Magic fans, who do you want to see in the ECF and who do you want to meet in the NBA Finals?

Hawks fans, who do you want to see in the ECF and who do you want to meet in the NBA Finals?

So to all fans, tell everyone what you want to see and why you want that certain team in the WCF/ECF and NBA Finals.

As a Laker fan, I want to see the Lakers go through a tough series to face the San Antonio Spurs in the WCF. If they go through trials and tribulations in that series, it will prepare them for an even tougher test in the NBA Finals. In the NBA Finals, I WANT WANT WANT to see Cleveland. I want to see Kobe to put an end to Shaq's career and I want to see Kobe reign over LeBron. The whole Kobe-Lebron thing is what I want to see from a competitive standpoint, and even though I love Shaq and would want to see his jersey retired, I want to see Kobe-Shaq from a personal emotional standpoint. Only Lakers fans know how Shaq has treated us since he left LA in 2004 and the hurtful crap he's said to Kobe, the organization, and the fans (as he indicated in his time in Miami that we were somewhat 'fake').

So those are my picks and reasons.

Toenail Clipper
05-03-2010, 01:04 AM
I want the Lakers to face the Suns.

Hawkize31
05-03-2010, 01:06 AM
I want the Cavs to not have to face the Magic and not have to face the Lakeers, although I think they CAN beat both of them. Will they? I hope so, but I'm not 100% confident.

lakerboy
05-03-2010, 01:21 AM
I want to beat the hell out of the Phoenix Suns as revenge for the 2 years they sent us home in the playoffs.

I want the Celtics or Cavs in the finals, Orlando would be fine too.

RaiderLakersA's
05-03-2010, 01:28 AM
As a Lakers fan, I don't care who we face in the Western Conference championship. I just want the Finals to hurry up and get here.

And I don't care who we face in the Finals. I don't feel one way or the other about the Eastern conference teams. I just want the Lakers to catch the Celtics franchise in total championships won. And I'd like to see Fisher and Kobe get a 5th ring. And I'd like PJ to get another ring, so that he'll come back next year to try for the 3-peat.

Getting ahead of myself? You bet. But hopefully it will work out that way.

kArSoN RyDaH
05-03-2010, 03:25 AM
i want the suns in the WCF for freakin revenge for those years of beating us in the playoffs and for kobe to shut up all those pheonix fans that wouldnt stop yelling kobe sucks in the playoffs in 06-07. then i want cleveland. i want the lakers to get their 16th trophhy and kobe to get his 5th ring before shaq. and for kobe to destroy lebron. if not the cavs then boston. just because i hate them and i want them to suffer and get swept by the lakers

D-Will4Prez
05-03-2010, 03:58 AM
As a Jazz fan I wanna face the Spurs in the WCF...we have some unfinished playoff business.

As for the Finals probably Boston...we seem to match up well against them :P

However if the Jazz don't make it to the finals I want LeBron to get his ring :)

asomen
05-03-2010, 04:03 AM
As a Jazz fan I wanna face the Spurs in the WCF...we have some unfinished playoff business.

However if the Jazz don't make it to the finals I want LeBron to get his ring :)

I feel like a lot of teams in the Western Conference have some "unfinished" business with San Antonio in the playoffs haha. Seems like Dallas and Phoenix are right behind ya.

ldc62
05-03-2010, 04:15 AM
I kinda want Deron to win a ring (hate Boozer tho), but I would love to see Lebron NOT win... I don't think the Jazz can beat Cleveland so I gotta go Lakers vs the Lebrons

USMCLaker
05-03-2010, 04:25 AM
I would like the Suns in the West because they are more entertaining to watch and Boston in the finals for obvious reasons. Unfinished business!

cambovenzi
05-03-2010, 07:27 AM

You guys have some unfinished business with my lakers who keep knocking you out every year. Have to get by them 1st.

GrumpyOldMan
05-03-2010, 07:30 AM
My favorite team didn't make the playoffs so I just want to keep seeing good basketball. I want to see the best play the best. I would love to see a Lakers vs Cavs final though.

cambovenzi
05-03-2010, 07:34 AM
As for the lakers i think we can beat any team in the west.
Cavs would be interesting and tough in the finals ; id like to see kobe vs lebron.

Anon
05-03-2010, 07:38 AM
I want Cleveland and LA.

HammerHead1
05-03-2010, 08:15 AM
I want the Lakers in the WCF. Hopefully, this Spurs/Suns matchup will go down great and will set up the Lakers for it to be great also. After that its all ours :)

If we lose that, then hopefully it'll be a Boston/Lakers finals again. Wishful thinking though.

Chill_Will_24
05-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Honestly i have reasons why i want a the Lakers, Suns, Spurs, Cavs, and Orlando to win it all.

Lakers- Because Kobe is my fav player of all time and i would love to see him get another ring before shaq.

Cavs- Because CLE is so starved and they really need it. Plus Lebron will IMO leave for sure if he were to get that particular monkey off his back. He would love to get them a title before hes gone. But if he cant he will find an excuse to leave anyway so...

Suns- Steve Nash. I cant think of another player that deserves a ring more than him (maybe Iverson, or Kidd). They are so fun to watch.

Spurs- Because Tim Duncan is the man. He will go down as the best PF ever snd has proven that you dont need to be flashy to win. The Spurs exemplify basketball. And to watch them win it all would truly make me happy

Orlando- Because they were so close last year and i want them to shut LeBron off again for the disrespect he showed them last year. The Magic are my second fav team behind my Nets. Plus Dwight is the man!!!

If i had to pick a finals i have to say Lakers vs Magic with Orlando taking it all

todu82
05-03-2010, 08:47 AM
I think the Boston/Cleveland series should be awesome. Also I'm hoping for a Lakers/Spurs west final.

Raidaz4Life
05-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Phoenix and Boston

king4day
05-03-2010, 09:18 AM
As a Suns fan, I'd want the easiest way out. Jazz (no disrespect, but no one compares to LA) in the WCF, and Atlanta in the Finals :)
If not Atlanta, then Orlando.

domz248
05-03-2010, 09:27 AM

your season is over

king4day
05-03-2010, 09:32 AM
You guys have some unfinished business with my lakers who keep knocking you out every year. Have to get by them 1st.

your season is over

The thread is asking who you'd wanna face should you advance.

krest213
05-03-2010, 09:46 AM
spurs fan... Don't matter, just bring it.

mfb_lt1birdman
05-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Lakers fan:

Gimme PHX for sweet revenge WCF.

Finals I would take Boston for the easiest road to a ring and more sweet revenge. However beating Cleveland and keeping the king of his throne as well as Kobe getting a 5th ring over Shaq would be the most satisfying.

Hellcrooner
05-03-2010, 10:59 AM
I want the Suns and then the surprising cake walk finals against Hawks.

By NO MEANS i want the finals to become a KObe vs Lebron thing because

1 KObe woudl completley forget about the team and try to win by himself by taking 50 shots a game completely disrupting any team chemistry ( its not the first time kobe shoots the team out of a game when he faces another star in his position , see for example WHY blazers are wining against us in regular seasons lately)

2 Stern wants Lebron to win, nike wants lebron to win, espn wants lebron to win 10000 compansy want lebron to win so playing against 5 players and 3 refs does not look an enticing idea AT ALL.

mikantsass
05-03-2010, 11:10 AM
I want to see Orlando in the ECF (Atlanta is too athletic for us) and the Lakers in the finals. Although I would really like to see LAL get knocked out before the finals, I just think the C's match up better with the Lakers than any team out west as weird as that sounds.

Hellcrooner
05-03-2010, 11:17 AM
I want to see Orlando in the ECF (Atlanta is too athletic for us) and the Lakers in the finals. Although I would really like to see LAL get knocked out before the finals, I just think the C's match up better with the Lakers than any team out west as weird as that sounds.

I disagree i think Celtics woudl match better with SUns or Spurs due to the similar average ages of key players.

domz248
05-03-2010, 11:17 AM
The thread is asking who you'd wanna face should you advance.

your season is over 2

Tribe
05-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Cavs fan...want Orlando in ECF and in the Finals would want Lakers first and San Antonio second

mikantsass
05-03-2010, 11:25 AM
I disagree i think Celtics woudl match better with SUns or Spurs due to the similar average ages of key players.

You do know that Odom, Kobe, Fisher and Artest are all 30+ right? Pau is 29. They are not exactly young either. I agree that the Spurs and C's match up well too but the Suns are a completely different team than the C's and that style of play gives us trouble.

kyleh1987
05-03-2010, 11:29 AM
my teams done, but i think the best ecf would be a rematch of last year with cleveland-orlando withh the cavs advance and in the west id like to see the lakers and the suns with the lakers advancing. i like the idea of lebron vs kobe just for the fact that everyones always debating whos better and that imo would prove who is better right now.

ManRam
05-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Cavs and Lakers just so we can beat them.

But Boston and Utah, just so we would win, easily.