PDA

View Full Version : NBA, automatic technical foul?

DodgerBulls
05-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Will you be in favor if in the NBA players who are seen complaining towards the refs about fouls (offensive&defensive) gets an automatic technical foul, I mean automatic!, no warnings or whatsoever to reduce the amount of complains while the ball is in play to prevent easy basket? Also, if this passed to be a rule, will this also limit refs bias towards specific players?

ManRam
05-02-2010, 05:18 PM
In theory, yes. But it wouldn't work. Maybe for excessive complaining, like they got Boozer for earlier. But you can't take all the emotion out of it.

But whining is the most annoying thing about the NBA right now...by far.

ko8e24
05-02-2010, 05:22 PM
I think they had the "Zero tolerance policy" (much like PSD, lol) enforced last yr or two yrs ago, and the players associations complained that it was such a ridiculous rule to enforce because basketball is such an emotional game. So now, I don't see the NBA going back to that type of giving automatic T's.

RipVW
05-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Not with this cloud of suspicion hanging over the league. They need to fix the officiating first. When Tim Donaghy can be 80% correct betting on games just by knowing biases of referees, they need to go the other way. First they need to do something about that and once they do that, they should then make rules like your proposing. But putting gag orders on people just makes the league look worse.

Hawkeye15
05-02-2010, 05:28 PM
In theory, yes. But it wouldn't work. Maybe for excessive complaining, like they got Boozer for earlier. But you can't take all the emotion out of it.

But whining is the most annoying thing about the NBA right now...by far.

there is emotion in high school and college basketball, but if they complain, they are hit with a technical. Its one thing to show emotion by standing there with your hands out and looking in disbelief. Its another to swing your arms or say anything to the refs. I think they should treat it like college. If the refs call something you don't like, get over it, play on, and during the next time out, softly speak to the ref and voice your complaint. But the whining in the NBA is indeed the most annoying thing in the league

DodgerBulls
05-02-2010, 05:39 PM
there is emotion in high school and college basketball, but if they complain, they are hit with a technical. Its one thing to show emotion by standing there with your hands out and looking in disbelief. Its another to swing your arms or say anything to the refs. I think they should treat it like college. If the refs call something you don't like, get over it, play on, and during the next time out, softly speak to the ref and voice your complaint. But the whining in the NBA is indeed the most annoying thing in the league

I agree, in HS & college, you hardly see players complain and quiting on the play because they fear that they may not get minutes and eventually getting cut from the team.

I also agree that sometimes you cannot control your emotion during the game, but can't they just show it to the opponent when they get the chance just like some of us when playing ball?

Niro
05-02-2010, 08:37 PM
wtf is up with all these rules about complaining to the refs...let them whine if they want and just t em up if they dont know when to stop but let em play and show emotions people

iggypop123
05-02-2010, 08:53 PM
it would only work if they had the same standards with referees. if they have 2 biased games a suspension for them.

avrpatsfan
05-02-2010, 09:21 PM
That would be an awful rule. After a bad call, which there are a lot, most NBA players will argue. If they instituted a policy like that most NBA players would have as many T's as Rasheed Wallece!