PDA

View Full Version : Lebron second straight MVP

momoneyyyy
05-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Today Lebron James won his 2nd straight MVP. He got 116 of possible 123 first place votes. Congrats to Lebron James.

ManRam
05-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Durant got 4 first place votes, which is OK with me, but whoever those other 3 voters are are morons.

ko8e24
05-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Yea, I'm watching the interview on ABC right now. I'm very glad he's won his 2nd MVP. Congratulations LeBron James!

nygiants242
05-02-2010, 04:56 PM
:yawn:

momoneyyyy
05-02-2010, 04:58 PM
who saw delonte west making his own video? ahah

tdunk21
05-02-2010, 04:59 PM

yeah go and sleep grandpa.....

heathonater
05-02-2010, 05:02 PM
well deserved mvp, no one was close to lebron this year in production. one of the easier mvp races in a while to call.

momoneyyyy
05-02-2010, 05:06 PM
maybe that was a sign of him staying in cleveland saying he loves this town and akron is his home.

ko8e24
05-02-2010, 05:24 PM
maybe that was a sign of him staying in cleveland saying he loves this town and akron is his home.

uuhh no, he's just being "politically correct". We've seen this before. Wouldn't look too much into it.

Yanks All Day
05-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Not surprising, but that does mean there are 7 mentally challenged voters out there that did not vote for LeBron. This year wasn't close.

ko8e24
05-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Not surprising, but that does mean there are 7 mentally challenged voters out there that did not vote for LeBron. This year wasn't close.

Sasha Vujacic should've gotten some consideration.

ManRam
05-02-2010, 05:29 PM

This is the closest thing to unanimous (and I think it should have been) since Shaq. A unanimous winner will never win because so many voters are stupid like that. But I do think it is incredibly hard to justify picking anyone but LeBron.

Jahari Kavi
05-02-2010, 05:31 PM
congrats.....

Reversed86Curse
05-02-2010, 05:41 PM

x2

ldc62
05-02-2010, 05:47 PM
BOOOOOOO. Nah Im just playing.

RadiantShot
05-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Lebron's MVP award -- speech, is really great. He's very humbled, and classy. He's earned back some respect from me, and he really is crucified by most of the community. Let's stop the hate on this guy. He's one hell of a ballplayer.

LEBRON_KING_23
05-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Hats off. Dudes a beast.
Just one more thing to add to his resume of being the greatest player to ever play the game. Hats off to Lebron, The King.

HammerHead1
05-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Congratulations to him, fully deserved.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/multimedia/photo_gallery/1004/lebron_mvp/images/02_twomvps.jpg

:D

AirCanada15ORL
05-02-2010, 08:07 PM

RadiantShot
05-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Hats off. Dudes a beast.
Just one more thing to add to his resume of being the greatest player to ever play the game. Hats off to Lebron, The King.

And this is why I subtract respect from him. Here you have it.

tredigs
05-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Hats off. Dudes a beast.

Do you always live vicariously through other people, or is this isolated to Lebron? If you actually do like the guy, then you should realize that what you do is nothing other than perpetuate hate on him. When I think of "the greatest to ever play the game", a player who has been to the finals once in his short career and had a terrible performance is not what comes to mind. Stop being an idiot troll.

And this is why I subtract respect from him. Here you have it.

Think for yourself Radiant, don't let silly internet trolls affect your opinion of someone neither of you/us know personally.

ragee
05-02-2010, 08:27 PM
This guy has a legit chance on beating Jabar's record...

MacFitz92
05-02-2010, 08:31 PM
I still think Dwight should have finished 2nd. With that being said, how could someone vote LeBron 3rd?

Lost Art
05-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Well deserved, best player in the NBA no doubt.......now let's see if he can take his team all the way (hope not :D)

TheKing23
05-02-2010, 08:43 PM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/05/02/james.mvp.ap/index.html#?ls=iref:nbahpt2

How the hell did two people vote LeBron third?

Having Durant ahead of him is acceptable, but two people ahead of a guy who just had one of the greatest individual seasons in recent history just confuses me.

sargon21
05-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Hats off. Dudes a beast.

you're the worst poster on this site, and are probably 13 years old, and i'm being generous

stawka
05-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Hats off. Dudes a beast.

Why would you say that for??? Enough of this **** please man

anyway, congrats to LeBron. Hard work pays off, keep workin

Agar81
05-02-2010, 10:17 PM
I was very disappointed that KD did not win this but I saw it coming as the MVP contest is only a popularity contest these days. Durant had almost the same production of Lebron (not as many Assists) and actually beat him out in scoring. Sure, that's not enough to prove my point, but the real argument from me is that Durant is most valuable to his team. The Thunder would be no where if it were not for Durant, he is truly the most valuable player to his team in the league, and by the way he's only 21. The Cavs could win without Lebron, even though he is extremely valuable to his team. In terms of overall production, Lebron obviously has it, but thats not what the MVP should be about, it should be about being the most valuable player to one's team.

ko8e24
05-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Hats off. Dudes a beast.

LeBron > Jesus + Muhammad + Buddha + Tupac

ElMarroAfamado
05-02-2010, 10:37 PM
hats off to lebron james the best player in the history of the world

RadiantShot
05-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Do you always live vicariously through other people, or is this isolated to Lebron? If you actually do like the guy, then you should realize that what you do is nothing other than perpetuate hate on him. When I think of "the greatest to ever play the game", a player who has been to the finals once in his short career and had a terrible performance is not what comes to mind. Stop being an idiot troll.

Think for yourself Radiant, don't let silly internet trolls affect your opinion of someone neither of you/us know personally.

I do. I mean, personally, I DO think Lebron James is the best player in the game. Lebron IS a humble guy, even though he doesn't show it 24/7. He DOES care about his teammates, and more than just flashing his swagger on the sidelines. He loves the game of Basketball. I really do, like Lebron James. However, I won't discount the fact that everytime I come on this site, trolls have to ruin my opinion. I usually get over it, but it get's annoying. No big deal. I don't mean what I say most of the time, especially if it's in the moment, like with the comment I made directed at the Lebron fan.

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-02-2010, 10:44 PM
I love how he separated himself so much from the city of Cleveland during his speech. I read into that a lot, maybe too much lol. I wonder tho...anyways...Congrats to the best player on the planet on the no-brainer MVP award. It was nice to see someone so with his stature appear so humble (although I still can't stand when athletes do the 3rd person thing in their speeches lol...but if any1 can its him). Congrats.

mshan5
05-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Whoever voted for Dwight Howard is dumb.

natelpete
05-03-2010, 01:30 AM
well deserved mvp

Zefflin
05-03-2010, 04:46 AM
Congrats you deserved it Brizzy. See you in Finals...where my boy will get the one that really matters.

ElMarroAfamado
05-03-2010, 06:01 AM
Congrats you deserved it Brizzy. See you in Finals...where my boy will get the one that really matters.

:facepalm:

stawka
05-03-2010, 06:20 AM
"I'm sorry," he said Sunday, halting the ceremony at the University of Akron's James A. Rhodes Arena. "But all my teammates, you have to come up here with me, man."

He was soon surrounded on the podium by Shaquille O'Neal, Mo Williams, Zydrunas Ilgauskas and the rest of the Cleveland Cavaliers, the team he led to 61 wins during the regular season and is determined to take all the way to an NBA championship.

Each of the Cavs hugged James before forming a half-circle around him. A few players used video cameras to record the all-for-one moment.

"My name may be put on the front of that trophy," James said, pointing at the Maurice Podoloff Trophy. "But these guys have a lot to do with it."

Wow :clap:

JayW_1023
05-03-2010, 06:56 AM
The most dominant player in the league since Shaq.

Zefflin
05-03-2010, 07:18 AM
:facepalm:

You do realize your awesome facepalm attempt was useless right? Don't answer. Ok good.

GrumpyOldMan
05-03-2010, 07:37 AM
As good as a lot of players in this league are, nobody else should have gotten a first place vote. Lebron is just too dominant right now. Well deserved reward.

Mell413
05-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Well deserved. He was clearly the best player in the league this year. It was a nice gesture to bring his teammates up with him. For all his success he's quite humble IMO.

tredigs
05-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Durant got 4 first place votes, which is OK with me, but whoever those other 3 voters are are morons.

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/5/2/1455396/orlando-magic-dwight-howard-mvp-lebron-james-voting

Cleveland's LeBron James won the MVP award on Sunday. C Dwight Howard finished a distant fourth, receiving three first-place votes — all from Orlando-are media members. John Denton of orlandomagic.com, team broadcaster David Steele and AOL's Tim Povtak cast first-place votes for Howard.

Home-team broadcasters getting a vote will never sit well with me. There's enough great basketball minds in the country who don't get paid for watching one team all year that you'd think they could revamp the voting process.

Actually I'm just impressed Tommy Heinsohn didn't vote for Rondo as MVP.

FOBolous
05-03-2010, 03:40 PM
i honestly do see Lebron winning multiple MVPs...his stats are otherwordly and almost impossible to be replicated by another player...AND his team is winning. every other star's stats seems pedestrian when compared to Lebron's. unless another player comes in and completely blows the league away WHILE his team is winning, i don't see anyone beating Lebron for the MVP award.

and i really don't think Durant deserves the few MVP votes he got cause to me, Durant and Carmelo are very similar players. The only reason Durant got those votes, imo, is because this year was his breakout year. It's the hype. but after this year...he's going to be on the back of everyone's mind like how Carmelo is right now.

Tribe
05-03-2010, 03:46 PM
Today Lebron James won his 2nd straight MVP. He got 116 of possible 123 first place votes. Congrats to Lebron James.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Raps18-19 Champ
05-03-2010, 03:48 PM
It should have been unanimous but I'm okay with Durant getting some votes.

But HOW IN THE HELL does Lebron get some 3rd place votes?!?!?!?!?

tredigs
05-03-2010, 03:51 PM
i honestly do see Lebron winning multiple MVPs...his stats are otherwordly and almost impossible to be replicated by another player...AND his team is winning. every other star's stats seems pedestrian when compared to Lebron's. unless another player comes in and completely blows the league away WHILE his team is winning, i don't see anyone beating Lebron for the MVP award.

and i really don't think Durant deserves the few MVP votes he got cause to me, Durant and Carmelo are very similar players. The only reason Durant got those votes, imo, is because this year was his breakout year. It's the hype. but after this year...he's going to be on the back of everyone's mind like how Carmelo is right now.

Being the youngest scoring champ ever (while being great on D) and leading a team's turnaround from a 23 wins to 50 is a pretty damn enticing story, and although I never would've voted against LBJ this year, I'm not surprised he got a few votes.

The difference between Melo and Durant is that KD has shown that he's motivated to get better on both sides of the floor (i.e. he actually tries on D, and became pretty damn good at it). The came into the league at the same age, and KD is ahead of the Melo curve by every measure. He's either better already, or going to be within the year. Hard work pays off.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Being the youngest scoring champ ever (while being great on D) and leading a team's turnaround from a 23 wins to 50 is a pretty damn enticing story, and although I never would've voted against LBJ this year, I'm not surprised he got a few votes.

The difference between Melo and Durant is that KD has shown that he's motivated to get better on both sides of the floor (i.e. he actually tries on D, and became pretty damn good at it). The came into the league at the same age, and KD is ahead of the Melo curve by every measure. He's either better already, or going to be within the year. Hard work pays off.

I wouldn't say great.

BlazingInferno
05-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Why is it so one-sided? The youngest scoring champ ever should have gotten some love...

hugepatsfan
05-03-2010, 04:03 PM
I've said this before - Durant means more to his team. W/out KD, OKC would be one of the worst lottery teams. In the joke that is the East, the Cavs probably make the playoffs w/out Lebron.

ko8e24
05-03-2010, 04:08 PM
The most dominant player in the league since Shaq.

Umm. I think you forgot about Sasha Vujacic.

FOBolous
05-03-2010, 04:09 PM

no matter what he achieved this year and what he will achieve in the future...during this past season, present time...he's essentially the same player as Carmelo. Until he does surpass Carmelo, he shouldn't be in any MVP discussions.

NYMetros
05-03-2010, 04:10 PM
7 people didn't vote for him?
7 people should lose their ability to vote for MVP.

macc
05-03-2010, 04:43 PM

Thats pretty much how I look at it as well. This is Durrants break out year. After this he'll be the more household name that he hasn't been thus far. Just wait and see on Durrant, if he becomes a superstar that struggles to get out of the first round, fans will turn their backs on him as fast as they did T Mac in his prime.

CowboysKB24
05-03-2010, 05:35 PM
There are some stupid arguments going on here. There is no argument. LeBron is the best player on the best team and has the best stats. It is not that big of a deal. MVPs and individual accolades don't really mean much. It is all about the rings at the end of the day. LeBron knows that and so do we.

ManRam
05-03-2010, 05:38 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/2010/5/2/1455396/orlando-magic-dwight-howard-mvp-lebron-james-voting

Home-team broadcasters getting a vote will never sit well with me. There's enough great basketball minds in the country who don't get paid for watching one team all year that you'd think they could revamp the voting process.

Actually I'm just impressed Tommy Heinsohn didn't vote for Rondo as MVP.

That sucks. Dwight had a good year, but not NBA MVP caliber. Kind of upsetting those guys voted for him.

tredigs
05-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Thats pretty much how I look at it as well. This is Durrants break out year. After this he'll be the more household name that he hasn't been thus far. Just wait and see on Durrant, if he becomes a superstar that struggles to get out of the first round, fans will turn their backs on him as fast as they did T Mac in his prime.

If you think that team is going to struggle to get out of the first round, then you haven't been watching the NBA this season. That was the youngest playoff team in 50+ years, and they were a tip-in away from taking the defending champions and #1 seed to a game 7. Once they get their big and tack on 1 year of growth, they are officially elite. Top 3 elite.

no matter what he achieved this year and what he will achieve in the future...during this past season, present time...he's essentially the same player as Carmelo. Until he does surpass Carmelo, he shouldn't be in any MVP discussions.

You honestly don't think he should have been in the MVP discussion? Kobe was third in votes, and KD had a much better season than Kobe. And it's tough to call him the same player as 'Melo when he just averaged more points while having a better true shooting % than Melo has ever had in his career. And he's already a better defender than Melo has ever been, eye test wise (subjectively) and stats wise (he had a better Defensive rating and averaged more rebounds, blocks, and steals than Melo has in any year). His regular season was better than Melo's best season ever, period. So I think it's safe to say the 2nd place in the MVP discussion was absolutely warranted.

Yanks All Day
05-03-2010, 05:59 PM
LeBron should have gotten all the first place votes. Durant and Howard should have fought it out for all the second palce votes, and Kobe should have gotten fourth. That's not an attempted knock on anyone. This season, LeBron was far and away the best player, while Durant and Howard were on the level right below him. Kobe, with injuries and his team actually doing very well without him, should have rounded out the top 4. In my opinion, no other player should have received a mention in the top 4.

tredigs
05-03-2010, 06:02 PM
LeBron should have gotten all the first place votes. Durant and Howard should have fought it out for all the second palce votes, and Kobe should have gotten fourth. That's not an attempted knock on anyone. This season, LeBron was far and away the best player, while Durant and Howard were on the level right below him. Kobe, with injuries and his team actually doing very well without him, should have rounded out the top 4. In my opinion, no other player should have received a mention in the top 4.

Agree with that entirely.

Tragedy
05-03-2010, 06:29 PM
I've said this before - Durant means more to his team. W/out KD, OKC would be one of the worst lottery teams. In the joke that is the East, the Cavs probably make the playoffs w/out Lebron.
Agreed. It's Most VALUABLE. The Cavaliers have a solid team without LeBron - There is no Playoffs and no fan base in Oklahoma City without Durant. He was so huge for his teams success this season. I'm not necessarily saying LeBron shouldn't have won the award, but to win by as much as he did is hilarious. The NBA caters to James, obviously.

macc
05-03-2010, 06:43 PM
If you think that team is going to struggle to get out of the first round, then you haven't been watching the NBA this season. That was the youngest playoff team in 50+ years, and they were a tip-in away from taking the defending champions and #1 seed to a game 7. Once they get their big and tack on 1 year of growth, they are officially elite. Top 3 elite.

I never said he wouldn't get out of the first round. I'm saying that if he doesn't (which isn't far fetched considering it's the Western Conf) then people will turn their back on him as fast as they did T Mac.

I know you love Durrant. I like him as well. I'm just not buying into all the hype as some people are. Some people are already putting him above Carmelo, D Wade and Kobe. At this point in his career he's a great scorer. He hasn't really shown me anything that I haven't already seen before. Yes he's the youngest scoring champion ever but what does that really mean? What does age really have anything to do with winning basketball games?

In any case I wasn't saying what he was going to do/not do, I was just saying if he doesn't meet fans expectations, he will get shunned as fast as past greats have.

bahama0811
05-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Not surprising, well deserved.

macc
05-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Agreed. It's Most VALUABLE. The Cavaliers have a solid team without LeBron - There is no Playoffs and no fan base in Oklahoma City without Durant. He was so huge for his teams success this season. I'm not necessarily saying LeBron shouldn't have won the award, but to win by as much as he did is hilarious. The NBA caters to James, obviously.

Even in your definition I would still say it's Lebron. Lebron James was in no doubt the most valuable player for his team this year. The Cav's being a playoff team or not is debatable. What isn't debatable is Lebron took a possibly non playoff team to an elite top 3 team with the best record in the NBA. While Durrant took a non playoff team to the 8th spot in the playoffs in the West. Great accomplishment but still doesn't touch what Lebron has done.

AI4MVP
05-03-2010, 07:09 PM
he so far and wide the greatest player in basketball i dont even see homer laker fans saying kobe is better then him anymore. im shocked