PDA

View Full Version : Is Lebron's elbow injury bogus?

RipVW
05-01-2010, 11:03 PM
I actually like Lebron. But after the last game, he said he had lost feeling like what happens when you hit a funny bone, which is a nerve, no? Then he said he saw the doctor who said it was probably a ligament/tendon/muscle (is that right?)...but it apparently it wasnt the nerve. He also said its impossible to know where it is which sounds suspiciously vague. So is it a nerve or not? I know that the ulnar/radial nerves can be tricky.

But tonight, he says it loosened up like it was a muscle or something?

Im obvously not a doctor nor do I pretend to be one but Im kind of curious about this and it seems like its all over the place.

Am I wrong? Is there anyone with medical knowledge to clarify this?

carter15
05-01-2010, 11:09 PM
It's a conspiracy.

prodigy
05-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Its those dang UFO's.

iggypop123
05-01-2010, 11:11 PM
hey. lebron doesnt make excuses. which is why he proceeded that comment by saying his elbow hurt

hugepatsfan
05-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Is he hurt - yes. Is he exagerating - you better believe it.

Jahari Kavi
05-01-2010, 11:15 PM
he's hurt...I think he got shot up with something at half time though....looked like a different man in the 2nd half

Iodine
05-01-2010, 11:16 PM
As in most of the polls on PSD I picked option C: Who cares

homestarunner93
05-01-2010, 11:17 PM
LeBron was actually shot in the elbow with the same magic bullet that killed Kennedy and Tupac, but he's not supposed to tell anyone or the government will take him out.

Yanks All Day
05-01-2010, 11:28 PM
He is absolutely hurt, so the injury itself is not bogus. He looked very off in the first half, and that's not a testament to the C's defense. He deferred to his left and took only one jumper in the half.

However, the injury is definitely not as bad as people, and LeBron included, make it seem. But this happens all the time. People do exaggerate injuries to get the opponent thinking that something is wrong, hence an easier competition. The C's are not dumb. They know that, but LeBron is certainly not the first to use that tactic, and absolutely will not be the last.

Shahrose
05-01-2010, 11:32 PM

yes, my thoughts exactly

heathonater
05-01-2010, 11:33 PM
yea, he did tweak his elbow, but shooting a left handed ft at the end of the first round was more of a show than actual pain.

arkanian215
05-01-2010, 11:34 PM
He did prop himself up with his right hand after he converted that layup for the and1. It looked fine there.

Plenty of folks get their adrenaline going and that does wonders. You're less worried about favoring the injury or whatnot. Yall have played sports before to know what that's like.

Is he injured? Sure. Is it serious? Probably not.

Iodine
05-01-2010, 11:36 PM
In all serious, did LBJ ever say the injury is bad, or was it all media hype?

Raph12
05-01-2010, 11:41 PM
It's probably hurt, but not that bad to be affecting his game as much as the media make it seem.

PC
05-01-2010, 11:42 PM
In all serious, did LBJ ever say the injury is bad, or was it all media hype?

"I'm not concerned, Cleveland fans have nothing to worry about."

Media hype

Buckwheat
05-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Media hype

http://news.google.com/news/story?hl=en&q=lebron&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ncl=dbRfygi-aBom2hMX4pZ4hTnUn1A8M&ei=0_TcS47gKoq-9QTL__WUBw&sa=X&oi=news_result&ct=more-results&resnum=2&ved=0CA4QqgIwAQ

:laugh2:

DoubleDragon
LeBron was actually shot in the elbow with the same magic bullet that killed Kennedy and Tupac, but he's not supposed to tell anyone or the government will take him out.

:shush::ohno::ohno::ohno::shush:

they're watching

Iodine
^^Thanks dude

So once again people on PSD hating an inordinate amount for no reason?

hugepatsfan
05-01-2010, 11:46 PM
^^Thanks dude

So once again people on PSD hating an inordinate amount for no reason?

LeBron constantly makes a point that it is o'kay. Kind of stressing the fact that he is hurt a bit but playing through it. (Not hating on LeBron in particular - a lot of NBA guys do this).

KBfrom8to24
05-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Making 3 of 6 3-pointers, 8 of 11 FTs, w/ these numbers, any great or pure shooters cannot have this numbers w/ elbow injury. Yes! IMO, Lebron's injury is fake, it's because of Kobe, playing w/ multiples injuries but still plays better. Shooting a left-handed FT against an easy opponent is the perfect way to let the public knows he's playing with serious injury. What a fake... Even his being a King is fake. Why not? he's the only King w/o a crown.:mad::mad::mad:

Iodine
05-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Making 3 of 6 3-pointers, 8 of 11 FTs, w/ these numbers, any great or pure shooters cannot have this numbers w/ elbow injury. Yes! IMO, Lebron's injury is fake, it's because of Kobe, playing w/ multiples injuries but still plays better. Shooting a left-handed FT against an easy opponent is the perfect way to let the public knows he's playing with serious injury. What a fake... Even his being a King is fake. Why not? he's the only King w/o a crown.:mad::mad::mad:
I am assuming your around 12 to 14 years old, tend to get spoiled by your parents, hate being told your wrong, and often buy friends?

Buckwheat
05-01-2010, 11:55 PM

You're the reason Africa has an AIDS epidemic.

Iodine
05-01-2010, 11:56 PM
didnt think sorry chad

TheKing23
05-01-2010, 11:57 PM
I am assuming your around 12 to 14 years old, tend to get spoiled by your parents, hate being told your wrong, and often buy friends?

Iodine and Buckwheat: Taking the trash out on PSD.

LEBRON_KING_23
05-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Really? this is sad....

He was driving and finishing LEFT Handed

KBfrom8to24
05-02-2010, 12:43 AM
If there's an epidemic, it should start from you because you suck Lebron's dick.:D:D:D

KBfrom8to24
05-02-2010, 12:45 AM

Eversince you said Lebron is better than Kobe w/o a ring , I thought already that you are the trash on PSD.:mad::mad::mad:

GSW Hoops
05-02-2010, 12:45 AM
Why would LeBron pretend to injure himself? Doesn't make sense to me.

Anyone who watched the first half could tell he was obviously injured.

KBfrom8to24
05-02-2010, 12:47 AM

Wrong! because you can never be correct.:D:D:D

D Roses Bulls
05-02-2010, 12:47 AM

hes saying the exact samething bill simmons said the other night. dont see whats wrong with it.

Iodine
05-02-2010, 12:50 AM
Eversince you said Lebron is better than Kobe w/o a ring , I thought already that you are the trash on PSD.:mad::mad::mad:

:cry::cry:

Teeboy1487
05-02-2010, 12:51 AM
To the op, there are some inconsistencies. I just think the media is making a big deal out of it. He was able to practice without being limited. He's fine.

AirCanada15ORL
05-02-2010, 12:52 AM
I think legit basketball fans or just non Cavs fans understand that Lebron was making an attempt to add to his resume of being the next MJ.
The only difference is that MJ actually had the Flu.

did anyone catch Lebron talking to himself his first time at the line? What was he saying. He was like yelling something.

D Roses Bulls
05-02-2010, 12:54 AM

lmao

KBfrom8to24
05-02-2010, 12:55 AM

TheKing23, how do you feel few years ago your Shaq called Sac Kings called Queens? Therefore, you should be called TheQueen23, LBJ is Queen James.:D:D:D

D Roses Bulls
05-02-2010, 12:57 AM
TheKing23, how do you feel few years ago your Shaq called Sac Kings called Queens? Therefore, you should be called TheQueen23, LBJ is Queen James.:D:D:D

actually skip bayless called him PRINCE JAMES

Iodine
05-02-2010, 12:58 AM
This thread is becoming more awesome with every post

KBfrom8to24
05-02-2010, 01:01 AM
actually skip bayless called him PRINCE JAMES But Queen James and TheQueen23 are crybabies, they deserved to be called Queens.

krest213
05-02-2010, 01:03 AM
Lebron is just being Lebron, always tryna suck punch you.

D Roses Bulls
05-02-2010, 01:03 AM
i seriously wonder how many cavs fans will stick by the cavs if some how lebron leaves this summer?

D Roses Bulls
05-02-2010, 01:04 AM
I think legit basketball fans or just non Cavs fans understand that Lebron was making an attempt to add to his resume of being the next MJ.

did anyone catch Lebron talking to himself his first time at the line? What was he saying. He was like yelling something.

:clap::clap::clap:

Iodine
05-02-2010, 01:07 AM

Or you know it could just be the irrational hate thing

D Roses Bulls
05-02-2010, 01:08 AM
Or you know it could just be the irrational hate thing

if you dont think lebron was milking that inury to look like it was heroic, go back and watch the jordan flu game and you will see what real pain was.

Iodine
05-02-2010, 01:11 AM
Awesome, I just facepalmed IRL

PSD has won again

KBfrom8to24
05-02-2010, 01:12 AM
if you dont think ebron was miking that inury, go back and watch the jordan flu game and you will see what real pain was.

Jordan's flu was legit but Queen James elbow injury is 150% fake.

D Roses Bulls
05-02-2010, 01:24 AM
Jordan's flu was legit but Queen James elbow injury is 150% fake.

yea i know to both of your answers

Wisdom Listens
05-02-2010, 01:46 AM
if you dont think lebron was milking that inury to look like it was heroic, go back and watch the jordan flu game and you will see what real pain was.

No, that would be the Holocaust.

DLeeicious
05-02-2010, 01:47 AM

This is exactly it. I said from day 1 he was exaggerating it as a preemptive thing in case they lost. He conveniently went to the locker room holding his elbow at the point in the game when he usually goes out and returned "okay" right when he normally goes back in. He showed ZERO signs of pain the entire second half until they are up 4 with 5 seconds left and he all of a sudden has to shoot a left handed free throw? Give me a break. It either bothers you or it doesn't, it can't just bother you at convenient times.

Oh and I HATE this "we are a no excuse team" blah blah. Shut up with that. It's like "Yeah my elbow is really bothering me, BUT we don't make excuses so it's not an issue". If it's not an issue then don't bring it up at all don't look like you are agonizing on the court one second while draining 3's the other second. It's like donating a wing anonymously and then telling people you are anonymous. (For the Curb fans, you know what I'm talking about)

Oh and for the record I really want the Cavs to win this series I just really dislike Lebron and his d-bagedness.

D Roses Bulls
05-02-2010, 03:24 AM
No, that would be the Holocaust.

:confused: um ok...... now were talkin bout the holocaust? ok i guess

ko8e24
05-02-2010, 03:26 AM
LeBron has an injured elbow. To the OP, it is actually the ulnar nerve (If it is indeed a pinched nerve). But the thing is that yes, he is injured.

But the media and LeBron himself have made wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much of it. And do you know why????

First of all, the media is garbage, we all know. That's how those bozos make their revenue. Because they never majored in anything worthwhile where they could build their intelligence and serve society in a good manner. Those fools never had it in them from the beginning, thus, they became a part of the media.

Secondly, because subconciously, I think LeBron is saying to himself: "If I could be like Kobe".

Kobe Bryant, even at age 31, 14 yrs in the association, and coming from the previous generation of NBA basketball stars of the 90s (ya, 7 yrs difference b/w the two and Old Man Bryant is still in the conversation) is the biggest rival to LeBron James for the title of "THE GUY" in the NBA.

The first indication of LeBron trying to emulate Kobe was the whole press conference and interviews after the game on the sideline demeanor. So much was made of Kobe's pissed off face during the game and his subtle, one-worded responses to the media during the 2009 NBA playoffs, everyone was under the impression that he wanted that 4th NBA title (and of course, that 1st title w/o Shaq).

Now, if you watch the sideline interviews after the game, the practice interviews, and the press conferences, you'll see LeBron trying to adopt that "serious" expression, hoping that a pissed off and serious manner will help him win a title like the way Kobe did last yr. C'mon guys, we know it's all phony. After last yr's (and earlier this yr's) constant circus shows, dancing, mouthing rap lyrics during a dead ball situation of a game (especially on national TV against the Lakers, I'm sure every NBA fan remembers that), and now all of a sudden, he has adopted the same demeanor that Kobe had last yr and which he has carried to this yr's playoffs?

And now...with the injury.

Last 3 yrs, Kobe has been constantly ****ing up his hand (I hope it's all basketball related, lol). But he has refrained from having surgery on numerous occassions, not sitting out games, playing through the injuries and pain in the preseason, regular season, and deep into the postseason all the way to the finals, and the 08 Summer Olympics etc. The last couple of wks of the regular season (where Kobe sat out 4 of the last 5 games) and up to the start of the playoffs, everyone was talking about Kobe's fractured finger, his mest up ankles, and his knee that will once against probably require another arthroscopic knee procedure in the summer. Majority of the media attention that is concentrated on the NBA was going to Mr. Bryant, the reigning Finals MVP, and a guy trying to be one of few guys in NBA history to lead his team to a repeat championship while having a ****ed up right hand, ankles, and knees. All this talk of "Is Kobe getting old? Is Kobe losing a step? Is Kobe basically done? Can the Lakers repeat as champs with an unhealthy, limping, old Kobe Bryant?" All these questions came for several weeks....

And then LeBron's elbow took over the entire world with a SONIC BOOM!

I don't hate LeBron. But think about it guys. The psyche of an individual can go a long way, and I feel this is the psyche of LeBron James, wanting attention, and putting his "health" into question and this whole "Will LeBron be healthy enough to lead the Cavs to a title". You think the guy was content enough with the whole "2010 Free Agency" fiasco that's been going on since the end of the 2007-2008 NBA Season.

Just my thoughts. Sorry for this being so long.

PS: LeBron can stop with the flexing of the arms and the hard emphatic dunks that he has to make posters and emphatic statements. I remember in game 4 against the Bulls where he had an emphatic dunk in transition (when he didn't have to), and he reaggravated that elbow. That's lacking intelligence on his part. Enough of the showboating, the goal is to stay healthy. We all know how hard he can dunk, no need to show it to the world at the expense of reaggravating his injury and bringing more attention to the media and the rest of the basketball world.

ko8e24
05-02-2010, 03:40 AM
Oh and just for fun! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ktdHAUWCMs&feature=player_embedded

JordansBulls
05-02-2010, 08:36 AM
I actually like Lebron. But after the last game, he said he had lost feeling like what happens when you hit a funny bone, which is a nerve, no? Then he said he saw the doctor who said it was probably a ligament/tendon/muscle (is that right?)...but it apparently it wasnt the nerve. He also said its impossible to know where it is which sounds suspiciously vague. So is it a nerve or not? I know that the ulnar/radial nerves can be tricky.

But tonight, he says it loosened up like it was a muscle or something?

Im obvously not a doctor nor do I pretend to be one but Im kind of curious about this and it seems like its all over the place.

Am I wrong? Is there anyone with medical knowledge to clarify this?

Its just something to say if they lose.

rhaas74
05-02-2010, 08:39 AM
To the OP. Yes it can be a nerve problem that has come from the tendon/ligament/muscle. That also describes why there is pain at times and numbness other times. With the tendon/ligament/muscle flaring up and becoming inflammed you would first get the pain that is associated with it. But secondary to that you would have the pressure of the inflammation pushing on the nerve, which would cause the numbness.

So yes it is possible for it to not be a nerve problem, but still cause numbness.

That is also why, as the adrenaline got flowing his elbow felt better. The adrenaline stopped the inflammation from continuing.

king4day
05-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Don't polls that start with "I love (said player)" or "(said team) is one of my fav teams, but..." always turn out bad?

I say it's legit

Mr.Chi-Town
05-02-2010, 10:06 AM
he's gotta have something to blame incase they lose.

streetballa
05-02-2010, 10:16 AM
I think he is hurt but its not severe enough to cost him any significant ability. Its like stubbing your toe while moving....it hurts but your still going to get the job done. Giving himself an excuse to lose, which is dumb because if he had a team around him then it would not matter as much.

kjoke
05-02-2010, 10:25 AM
there should be a c, hes hurt but hes being over dramatic about it

kj_
05-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Kobe is a warrior and plays through injury. LeBra wants some of that love from the media. The elbow is all fake. If you can shoot one free throw on a bad elbow, you can shoot two. The punk wanted the headlines to read: LeBron ends the series with one arm. Instead he gets: LeBra is a huge faker!

dbroncos78087
05-02-2010, 10:41 AM
A lot of you are just using this thread to bash a player for no reason.