PDA

View Full Version : Melo Interested in Knicks?

*Superman*
05-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Sam Smith writes that Carmelo Anthony would like to be a Knick, although it is unclear if he is merely offering his opinion or reporting information provided by a source.

"Plus, I believe Carmelo’s almost committed to New York and Durant likely will stay," Smith writes.

Anthony could become a free-agent after the 2010-2011 season.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/asksam_100430.html

Not sure if this would work because they would have to hold out this year.

Giaps
05-01-2010, 11:48 AM
They could still sign him outright if they leave or clear up around $6 million more (depending on how much they spend this summer). Curry will give them $12 million more to work with in 2011.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Get Lebron. Then sign guys for 1 year. Then trade for expirings.

meloman1592
05-01-2010, 11:55 AM
dam nuggets

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Of course he wants too lol. I would wanna play for the Knicks too if I was a soon to be free agent.

bahama0811
05-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Is there anyone who doesn't "want" to play for the Knicks?

Pierzynski4Prez
05-01-2010, 12:03 PM
sam smith wrote this, I believe the word of the stupidest person on PSD over Sam Smith

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-01-2010, 12:07 PM

We'll find out soon enough lol.

I'm just saying, If you could get paid FAT to play basketball, why wouldn't you wanna play in greatest city in the world? He was born in NY anyway, it makes some sense. It would also be his chance to garner some of the attention Wade and Lebron get. I think he could overtake Wade popularity wise in an instant if he signed with the Knicks.

Plus Melo's game is straight NYC to the bone.

defender4m
05-01-2010, 12:12 PM
we'll see if he wants to go back to where he grew up in Brooklyn.

bahama0811
05-01-2010, 12:12 PM
we'll see if he wants to go back to where he grew up in Brooklyn.

He didn't grow up in Brooklyn, he grew up in Baltimore.

IndiansFan337
05-01-2010, 12:18 PM
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/asksam_100430.html

Not sure if this would work because they would have to hold out this year.

They finally have accepted that they aren't going to land LeBron or Wade, so now they're trying to lead on their fans to the next big star, the next year. None of those guys wants to go to that team until they get some other pieces in place. Right now they are such a work in progress that any superstar moving there would be leading at least a 3 year rebuilding project. That's the last thing that any superstar would want.

Valkyrie
05-01-2010, 12:23 PM
We'll find out soon enough lol.

I'm just saying, If you could get paid FAT to play basketball, why wouldn't you wanna play in greatest city in the world? He was born in NY anyway, it makes some sense. It would also be his chance to garner some of the attention Wade and Lebron get. I think he could overtake Wade popularity wise in an instant if he signed with the Knicks.

Plus Melo's game is straight NYC to the bone.

Um, no, Melo was not born in NY. And Melo had stated that he wanted more help, if he went to NY he would just be starting over.

The Nuggets lost because they didn't have Karl...

And this ''best city'', and ''attention'' thing has to stop. Melo gets plenty of attention in Denver, at the start of the year everyone was talking about him winning the MVP.

Dré
05-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Um, no, Melo was not born in NY. And Melo had stated that he wanted more help, if he went to NY he would just be starting over.

And this ''best city'', and ''attention'' thing has to stop. Melo gets plenty of attention in Denver, at the start of the year everyone was talking about him winning the MVP.

Actually, 'Melo was born in NYC. He grew up in the DC metro area (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Metropolitan_Area), more specifically, Baltimore (or as he refers to it, "B'more").

SaimoNETS
05-01-2010, 12:29 PM

No he didn't grow up there but he was born in Brooklyn. He moved to Baltimore when he was 8.

Hustla23
05-01-2010, 12:30 PM
They finally have accepted that they aren't going to land LeBron or Wade, so now they're trying to lead on their fans to the next big star, the next year. None of those guys wants to go to that team until they get some other pieces in place. Right now they are such a work in progress that any superstar moving there would be leading at least a 3 year rebuilding project. That's the last thing that any superstar would want.
Yes, because you know what the Knicks management have "accepted."

Thanks for letting us know, bud.

We can now put this to rest.

arkanian215
05-01-2010, 12:33 PM
It's his opinion, that's all it is.

save the knicks
05-01-2010, 12:34 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

at least you are not Detroit!

Valkyrie
05-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Actually, 'Melo was born in NYC. He grew up in the DC metro area (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Metropolitan_Area), more specifically, Baltimore (or as he refers to it, "B'more").

yeah my bad forgot, not a huge Melo fan, but i still dont see him going because NY's pieces can't match Denver's.

NY really has nothing to offer but the city itself, they are just blowing up their entire roster preety much and think that all these big players will go there

Thats why i think Miami and Chicago are the 2 most attractive places, Chicago has a good young core and Miami has a top 3 player who will commit once a max FA signs there, plus cap left over after theyve signed Wade and the max. Thats why I think NY really wont become the dream team that Knicks fans are hoping for

Valkyrie
05-01-2010, 12:38 PM

Dwyane Wade. He publicy stated it.

PC
05-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Dwyane Wade. He publicy stated it.

I doubt that, link?

Valkyrie
05-01-2010, 12:40 PM
ill see if i can find it, it was back in august of 09, but i 100% remeber seeing it

Valkyrie
05-01-2010, 12:41 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/114691

PC
05-01-2010, 12:45 PM
"Not in my mind," Wade said yesterday when asked if the Knicks and Nets had a shot at his services. "I'm not thinking about the Knicks or the Nets. Only when we play them."

This is from the NY Post, which most likely means Marc Berman wrote this. For those of you who don't know, Berman=idiot.

I personally think that Wade re-signs w/ the Heat, but to me, that sounded like Wade not wanting to talk about his future while the season was going on...

save the knicks
05-01-2010, 12:49 PM
out of context quotes FTW!

pyru
05-01-2010, 12:55 PM
You either want to play for the money or play for a championship, the Knicks can offer the $$$ but won't be able to offer him a ring during his career. So I think if he chooses another team it will be for a run at a title, being that the Nuggets dont look like they can get there either.

Hellcrooner
05-01-2010, 01:25 PM
well if he demmands a trade Ny can Sign and trade LEE +curry + chandler to the nuggs and doing so keep the cap space to sign two other FA inthis case i woudl say JJ and BOSH.

HOZ THE KNICK
05-01-2010, 01:28 PM
the knicks can sign lebron and wade and trust me ring chasers will follow......just to let ppl know the knicks can make shitt happen don't sleep especially having another 12.3 mil coming off the cap after next season with curry expiring.

Gibby23
05-01-2010, 01:35 PM
the knicks can sign lebron and wade and trust me ring chasers will follow......just to let ppl know the knicks can make shitt happen don't sleep especially having another 12.3 mil coming off the cap after next season with curry expiring.

lol

JordansBulls
05-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Melo wants to be in a bigger market.

Gibby23
05-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Melo wants to be in a bigger market.

And you know this because?

Toenail Clipper
05-01-2010, 01:41 PM

Me.

mudvayne387
05-01-2010, 02:28 PM

This post is a BIG FAT FAIL !

I can hardly see how it would be starting over if the Knicks have a succesfull off-season.

When Karl went out, did half the roster go with him ? Nope ! Don't give me that crap.

Yea he gets plenty of attention in Denver, but your telling me he woudn't get double that in NY ? Face it buddy, its one of the best sports cities hands down. Even when the Knicks are stinking up the joint, the Garden is rocking.

If anything has to stop its peoples ignorance towards New York and what it can do for athletes.

Nate David+ Co.
05-01-2010, 04:41 PM
the knicks were 5th in attendence and they were one of the worst teams in the league. now that would only increase with a star.

HOZ THE KNICK
05-01-2010, 04:44 PM
the knicks were 5th in attendence and they were one of the worst teams in the league. now that would only increase with a star.

also 5th in merchandise sales with no star on the team....

abe_froman
05-01-2010, 04:49 PM

yes thats great,its one of the reasons you guys want one so bad.no one's doubting that.what people doubt is if good star players want to go there

Pierzynski4Prez
05-01-2010, 04:51 PM
During the post Jordan era, bulls were still selling out every game. LA will sell out when Kobe is gone. It's called a large market. Don't get how that makes a difference to some of these players.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Melo did go to Syracuse so I could see that being a reason he'd be interested in the Knicks.

RipVW
05-01-2010, 05:15 PM
First of all, its debateable whether or not this is true. Secondly, it could be problematic. What can the Knicks give the Nuggets?

PC
05-01-2010, 05:23 PM
First of all, its debateable whether or not this is true. Secondly, it could be problematic. What can the Knicks give the Nuggets?

The Nuggets always liked Lee so maybe a S&T of Lee, Gallo or Chandler, Toney Douglas, and Curry's expiring for Melo and a bad contract could intrigue them... Doubt it would but if not, we could wait until 2011 and just sign him:)

RipVW
05-01-2010, 05:32 PM
The Nuggets always liked Lee so maybe a S&T of Lee, Gallo or Chandler, Toney Douglas, and Curry's expiring for Melo and a bad contract could intrigue them... Doubt it would but if not, we could wait until 2011 and just sign him:)

If its a certainty, that he's gone, it wouldnt surprise me if Denver would trade him somewhere else.

Maybe, theyll trade him to the Lakers.

nuggetsyankees
05-01-2010, 05:40 PM
I don't think Melo has very good memories with the knicks, see brawl 2006-07

Bluffmasta
05-01-2010, 05:54 PM
if i was a star free agent y wudnt i wanna join one of the worst teams in the last who knows how many years. I would want to leave my stacked teams (Denver and Cleveland) to join a team such as the knicks with no stars, no bench, no first round picks this year and a coach who doesnt understand defense. Anthony and James prolly want to start all over again in their careers so might as well start with the knicks. Screw the team that drafted them and tried building around them its all about playing at MSG.

NYK_kidd77
05-01-2010, 05:55 PM
I don't think Melo has very good memories with the knicks, see brawl 2006-07

lol none of those guys are on the team except Lee who didn't do **** but hug people.

jmlbnks26
05-01-2010, 05:55 PM

36,000 plus posts yet you still no anything no disrespect. Add Lebron to any team that didn't make the playoffs and they will INSTANTLY become a 50 win team.

defender4m
05-01-2010, 05:59 PM
If its a certainty, that he's gone, it wouldnt surprise me if Denver would trade him somewhere else.

Maybe, theyll trade him to the Lakers.

Not that this relates at all to him leaving or staying but ur right, they had a deal in place with the nets a year or two ago that almost went down with him in it.

jmlbnks26
05-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Nothing! Why would the Knicks try to trade for Carmelo when the Knicks can just wait for him to expired. That would make the most sense.

RipVW
05-01-2010, 06:00 PM
36,000 plus posts yet you still no anything no disrespect. Add Lebron to any team that didn't make the playoffs and they will INSTANTLY become a 50 win team.

Is that really the objective? ...to spend your prime years getting a bottom feeder team to win 50 games? Or, is it to have a shot at a championship?

RipVW
05-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Nothing! Why would the Knicks try to trade for Carmelo when the Knicks can just wait for him to expired. That would make the most sense.

The Nuggets could trade him to some other place that he likes.

jmlbnks26
05-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Is that really the objective? ...to spend your prime years getting a bottom feeder team to win 50 games? Or, is it to have a shot at a championship?

A fifty win team doesn't have a shot at a championship. I think that 50 win team would have a good shot at it

jmlbnks26
05-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Off the subject for a second. It is so many New York Knicks haters in the world that it is terrible. WHY?

jeter 2
05-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Well if the Knicks can a great post player like Boozer, Bosh, or Amare, they have enough cap room to add a couple of good players. So for the summer of 2011, the Knicks could sign Melo and he could play for a good team. If you really want to dream, the Knicks sign Lebron and Bosh and the following year they sign Carmelo Anthony.

Red222
05-01-2010, 06:28 PM
:eyebrow:
Well if the Knicks can a great post player like Boozer, Bosh, or Amare, they have enough cap room to add a couple of good players. So for the summer of 2011, the Knicks could sign Melo and he could play for a good team. If you really want to dream, the Knicks sign Lebron and Bosh and the following year they sign Carmelo Anthony.

Bluffmasta
05-01-2010, 06:30 PM
A fifty win team doesn't have a shot at a championship. I think that 50 win team would have a good shot at it

a 50 win team with only lebron will not win a ring, the west is too dominate, look at the cavs when they made it to the finals against the spurs, James alone can not win a title, he needs help, y would he wanna leave a team like the cavs who have pieces in place and can still add more to help to join a bottom feader, just so the team can spend the next 4 years trying to build a team around him.

jmlbnks26
05-01-2010, 06:57 PM
a 50 win team with only lebron will not win a ring, the west is too dominate, look at the cavs when they made it to the finals against the spurs, James alone can not win a title, he needs help, y would he wanna leave a team like the cavs who have pieces in place and can still add more to help to join a bottom feader, just so the team can spend the next 4 years trying to build a team around him.

I never said Lebron by himself would win a ring, we all know that. He hasn't won one yet. My point is that James can be added to any team and that team will at least win 50 games. Also bluffmaster the west is falling off buddy. Denver looks like they are in turmoil, Dallas can't beat the Spurs, Spurs are too old, Kobe is downhill, Portland is Portland, Steve Nash can't keep his pace forever, the only legit team in the west moving forward is the Thunder.

spoonhoops
05-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Melo could be a good fit in New York, but if Sam Smith is writing it, there must be no chance of that happening now.

DenButsu
05-01-2010, 08:42 PM
No he didn't grow up there but he was born in Brooklyn. He moved to Baltimore when he was 8.

Ask Melo what his hometown is.

He'll say, "Baltimore".

Anyhow, all of this is pure speculation based on a post-game comment in the MSG locker room that was something along the lines, when asked if he likes playing there, of "Yeah, who doesn't love playing at MSG?"

Melo has given absolutely zero indication of doing anything other than staying with Denver.

Giaps
05-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Ask Melo what his hometown is.

He'll say, "Baltimore".

Anyhow, all of this is pure speculation based on a post-game comment in the MSG locker room that was something along the lines, when asked if he likes playing there, of "Yeah, who doesn't love playing at MSG?"

Melo has given absolutely zero indication of doing anything other than staying with Denver.
I'm not saying he will leave, but you're going to be hearing it all of next season now that he's in the last year of his contract. Being 2 years away, it didn't come up as much... that and 2010 got all the attention.

Go_NUGGETS
05-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Melo has said nothing about this, and matter fact has stated the opposite in an interview...He said Denver is his home away from home...And why doesnt the Knicks learn how to draft decent picks???? Instead of wasting season after season, dreaming of getting the biggest assortment of top tier players in the NBA from FA....Especially, wHEN ITs not even guaranteed, and all Knick fan/sam smith speculation.

NYK_kidd77
05-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Melo has said nothing about this, and matter fact has stated the opposite in an interview...He said Denver is his home away from home...And why doesnt the Knicks learn how to draft decent picks???? Instead of wasting season after season, dreaming of getting the biggest assortment of top tier players in the NBA from FA....Especially, wHEN ITs not even guaranteed, and all Knick fan/sam smith speculation.

When have the Knicks spent season after season dreaming of getting big free agents other than this year???

Go_NUGGETS
05-02-2010, 04:42 PM
When have the Knicks spent season after season dreaming of getting big free agents other than this year???

All the seasons that Donnie Walsh has threw away to set up the free'd up salary for this year, are the seasons I put emphasis on...What else is there for me to point out???

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-02-2010, 04:45 PM
I have a feeling Melo will be Knick in 2011. The Nuggets will get knocked out early again next year and then he bolts.

The Knicks superstar this year + Melo the following year will make them one of the best teams.

Giaps
05-02-2010, 05:12 PM
All the seasons that Donnie Walsh has threw away to set up the free'd up salary for this year, are the seasons I put emphasis on...What else is there for me to point out???
Seasons he threw away? Were we title contenders before? Did I miss something? The Knicks haven't won more than 33 games in 9 seasons and they won 23 games the year before Walsh got there. They had no salary cap space, no all-stars and a ton of off court problems.

Fast forward to present day. Tons of salary cap space, young core of players, 1 all-star appearance and 0 off court issues.

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-02-2010, 05:28 PM

Nice ownage.

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-02-2010, 05:39 PM

You're wrong.

1st off he was born in BK (I'm not making this up here), 2nd you're a herb. Denvers 2nd best players window is closing, his supporting cast isn't getting any better, there is young talent on NY, and no free agents thinking about going to Denver, soooooo...why again would he want to say.

How much attention is he really getting in Denver, if in fact he's worried about it??? cmon man, lets stop acting like you don't know how this NBA **** works. He could get a whole lot of serious endorsements and fanfare in NYC, while playing for a great franchise. Maybe if he comes to NY and turns things around (which he would) he could get some "SERIOUS" MVP consideration.

And why should I stop saying this "Best City'' stuff, I'm not wrong at all lol.

Team*Chicago
05-02-2010, 05:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

at least you are not Detroit!

:laugh:
That was funny as hell, why did you bring that up. You hurted that guy's feelings.

Melo15
05-02-2010, 05:44 PM
As a big Carmelo fan and a big Nuggets fan it kills me to say it but I could see this happening. Lets face it, besides Kobe almost all the superstars that get the most coverage are on the East Coast. Carmelo came into the league with Wade and LeBron and there is no doubt he wants to have just as much exposure as those two. I bet he drops hints at different times next year that he is leaving just to make people speculate over it and talk about him constantly. Playing in New York he would be in a major market and recieve a lot more attention and be in a lot more prime time games. He would set himself up for playoff series against LeBron and Wade and start creating big rivalries in the Eastern Conference and in my opinion that has to be tempting to him.

Carmelo in a Knicks jersey would be painful to watch for me, but to the other Nuggets fans who keep saying there is no chance it would happen are just being ignorant. I agree that there is a good chance that he stays in Denver but the front office needs to do something either this offseason or at the next trade deadline to give Carmelo a reason to stay.

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-02-2010, 05:46 PM

And George Karl didn't cost them a series, maybe a game, but not a series...it was NeNe being hurt and chumps like J.R. Smith being on the squad. I'm sorry, if guys like Joey Graham are putting in work like that, somethings going on with Melo's supporting cast.

But to say Jerry Sloan didn't out coach the hell out of AD, would be wrong of me. Karl's absence did have something to do with it.

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-02-2010, 05:53 PM
yeah my bad forgot, not a huge Melo fan, but i still dont see him going because NY's pieces can't match Denver's.

NY really has nothing to offer but the city itself, they are just blowing up their entire roster preety much and think that all these big players will go there

Thats why i think Miami and Chicago are the 2 most attractive places, Chicago has a good young core and Miami has a top 3 player who will commit once a max FA signs there, plus cap left over after theyve signed Wade and the max. Thats why I think NY really wont become the dream team that Knicks fans are hoping for

Why are you acting like you couldn't put even one really good a star on the 09' Knicks and not be a good team? with the year Lee had, Gallinari and Chandlers progress? Your trippin.

He could leave.

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-02-2010, 06:10 PM
This post is a BIG FAT FAIL !

I can hardly see how it would be starting over if the Knicks have a succesfull off-season.

When Karl went out, did half the roster go with him ? Nope ! Don't give me that crap.

Yea he gets plenty of attention in Denver, but your telling me he woudn't get double that in NY ? Face it buddy, its one of the best sports cities hands down. Even when the Knicks are stinking up the joint, the Garden is rocking.

If anything has to stop its peoples ignorance towards New York and what it can do for athletes.

I haven't heard somebody say better than me until now. Well said.

A lot of people really think cap space and playing in NY isn't an attractive. I guess all those all time greats from every major sport who played here just hated coming there huh?

Too many people in and around the PSD just don't wanna see the Knicks improve and I get it.

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Off the subject for a second. It is so many New York Knicks haters in the world that it is terrible. WHY?

They can't handle that NY Swagg that is so serious.

:cool: lol

NYK_kidd77
05-02-2010, 06:24 PM

Yeah your right he threw them away cause we were doing such a good job winning before he came you know when we were way over the cap with zero signs of improving.

RipVW
05-02-2010, 06:29 PM
I haven't heard somebody say better than me until now. Well said.

A lot of people really think cap space and playing in NY isn't an attractive. I guess all those all time greats from every major sport who played here just hated coming there huh?

Too many people in and around the PSD just don't wanna see the Knicks improve and I get it.

Have you considered that its more about you being obnoxious or even delusional than it is about the Knicks?

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Have you considered that its more about you being obnoxious or even delusional than it is about the Knicks?

Why is anything potentially positive for the NYK always deemed "delusional" ?

Go_NUGGETS
05-02-2010, 07:55 PM
LOL.....Knicks fans looking for anything....

This is all Sam Smith ********....Melo hasn't indicated anything....Knicks coulda had Nene,Ariza,and Channing Frye...And Donnie wasted last years draft in getting Jordan Hill, only to use a catalyst for opening cap space when all is said and done.....And now the realization of not getting the big FAs they dreamed for, and now putting the focal point on Melo is ridiculous....

Like I said, it's Sam Smith ********....He's only assuming, and trying to attempt a persuasion to provoke the thought in Melos head probably.....Melo HAS GAVE NO INDICATION...There is still one more season to go, and you can bet our FO is directing it's attention to improve our team and keep Melo....Keep dreaming.

save the knicks
05-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Sam Smith is a dinosaur.

All his credible sources are probably long dead

lakers991us
05-02-2010, 08:22 PM
I honestly don't fell that this would be a good idea for melo. He should just stay in Denver or go to a team where he has a actual chance of winning the championship.

NEED MONEY?

http://www.masterpiececorp.com/ARMdominic.htm

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-02-2010, 08:24 PM
LOL.....Knicks fans looking for anything....

This is all Sam Smith ********....Melo hasn't indicated anything....Knicks coulda had Nene,Ariza,and Channing Frye...And Donnie wasted last years draft in getting Jordan Hill, only to use a catalyst for opening cap space when all is said and done.....And now the realization of not getting the big FAs they dreamed for, and now putting the focal point on Melo is ridiculous....

Like I said, it's Sam Smith ********....He's only assuming, and trying to attempt a persuasion to provoke the thought in Melos head probably.....Melo HAS GAVE NO INDICATION...There is still one more season to go, and you can bet our FO is directing it's attention to improve our team and keep Melo....Keep dreaming.

And what do they have to do with anything? We coulda had Bynum, Camby still, and Brandon Jennings also. A lot of teams could've went in different directions in the draft. And for the record, while I'll gladly take Nene, I don't really want Ariza or Frye on my team unless in clear support roles anyways.

I don't need some article written by Sam Smith or fkn Will Smith to know we have one of the best chances to land Melo in 11'. and again, whats with this [B]"Knicks fans looking for anything"/B] crap???

Maybe we are "looking for something" its called cashing in on that little thing called CAP SPACE

You should know what that that is... or maybe you should ask Kenyon Martins arthritic knees for a reminder.

And why should anybody Knick fan or not, think the realization of obtaining a star free agent is over??? Anything can happen.

Your also completely ******** to think Melo would be "persuaded" as you put it to hinge such an important decision on Sam Smith. I mean are you serious here man?

The window is closing fast on the Nuggets anyway and the west isn't getting any easier. You have plenty to worry about.

tdunk21
05-02-2010, 08:24 PM
melo and d'antoni....i dont see them goin past the first round.....

ldc62
05-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Too bad I don't give any credit to Sam Smith...

ldc62
05-02-2010, 08:30 PM

Melo would avg. 35 points in the season and everyone would be riding his bandwagon... then they would suck in the playoffs like usual.

Yankees Suck
05-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Yes, because you know what the Knicks management have "accepted."

Thanks for letting us know, bud.

We can now put this to rest.

Someone is unhappy about maybe not landing Lebron. I hope the Knicks land Lebron and they play like they do every other year.

DenButsu
05-02-2010, 09:56 PM
I'm not saying he will leave, but you're going to be hearing it all of next season now that he's in the last year of his contract. Being 2 years away, it didn't come up as much... that and 2010 got all the attention.

Oh, I'm sure you're right that I'll be hearing it. Probably hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands of "experts" and fans will be saying it. But for now, and for the foreseeable future, it's all purely speculative bull****.

Only one person's voice matters in this conversation, and that's Melo's. And he hasn't said a damn thing to indicate that he wants to play for the Knicks or any other NBA team aside from the Nuggets. Not one word.

And until he does (although I don't think that he will, ever) all of this other noise is just... noise. Sound and fury, signifying nothing. It's a pipe dream.

DenButsu
05-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Not that I blame Knicks fans for hoping. But I'd hope they'd keep their hopes realistic. And if they're being realistic, Melo's not included in their set of options as things stand now - and probably, for a long, long time.

One thing that I think has happened here is that a lot of people have jumped to the conclusion that because the Nuggets had a disappointing postseason, that by default Melo is dissatisfied with the Nuggets organization. I highly doubt that's the case, though. Every player, coach, and member of the organization understands the impact that Karl's illness and absence has had on the team. And Melo knows the FO has made every effort to surround him with great talent: They brought in AI for him, they brought in Billups for him, they traded for Lawson to bring in a future PG to play alongside him. If Melo is pissed at anybody right now, it's probably himself and his teammates, and maybe just ill fortune. But the Nuggets organization has been tremendously supportive of him throughout his entire career (see "brawl", see "DUI"), and has done a pretty damn good job of trying to build a contender around him as the centerpiece of the franchise.

I think Melo wants to stay in Denver. He probably just wants things to be better there moving forward,though. He probably wants J.R. gone (a wish he'll almost certainly get granted), he probably wants Karl back on the bench (a wish he'll hopefully get granted), and things along those lines. But the Nuggets have been good to him, and I think he understands and appreciates that.

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-02-2010, 10:51 PM

How about you add another star player to your equation and tell me what you come up with.

:facepalm:

calibird707
05-02-2010, 11:01 PM
So when exactly is lebron gonna win a title with the"STACKED” cavaliers..I don't see it happening...nor do I see melo winning in denver...this blind hatred gor the knicks makes me laugh..the writing has been on the wall for a while now..bron is def interested in ny and most likely get a sidekick better than mo williams or jamison if he does..td looks legit chandler is legit and gallo would have so many more open looks with brons drive and kick skills..it would not be starting over..quit hating!

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Not that I blame Knicks fans for hoping. But I'd hope they'd keep their hopes realistic. And if they're being realistic, Melo's not included in their set of options as things stand now - and probably, for a long, long time.

One thing that I think has happened here is that a lot of people have jumped to the conclusion that because the Nuggets had a disappointing postseason, that by default Melo is dissatisfied with the Nuggets organization. I highly doubt that's the case, though. Every player, coach, and member of the organization understands the impact that Karl's illness and absence has had on the team. And Melo knows the FO has made every effort to surround him with great talent: They brought in AI for him, they brought in Billups for him, they traded for Lawson to bring in a future PG to play alongside him. If Melo is pissed at anybody right now, it's probably himself and his teammates, and maybe just ill fortune. But the Nuggets organization has been tremendously supportive of him throughout his entire career (see "brawl", see "DUI"), and has done a pretty damn good job of trying to build a contender around him as the centerpiece of the franchise.

I think Melo wants to stay in Denver. He probably just wants things to be better there moving forward,though. He probably wants J.R. gone (a wish he'll almost certainly get granted), he probably wants Karl back on the bench (a wish he'll hopefully get granted), and things along those lines. But the Nuggets have been good to him, and I think he understands and appreciates that.

Unless you expect to get back some serious value for JR Smith, his departure and Karl's return to the bench isn't gonna get them past the Lakers or even the Spurs in all likely hood...maybe not even the thunder.

I think the Nuggets are a pretty good organization and they've done a good job being one of the better teams, but like Heat fans do with Wade, I see Nuggets fans not being realistic with the fact that players in professional sports DO HAVE notions of leaving for reasons like "fresh starts" "bigger markets" and everything that come with those things.

Once upon a time, it wasn't that out of the ordinary to laugh if somebody proposed an allstar caliber player with a question like "Hey would you rather be a Denver Nugget or a NY Knick?"

Now all of a sudden (with the help of mismanagement and a decade of losing) its become common place for the Clevelands, Miami's, Toronto's, and now the Nuggets, all fans of historical bottom dwellers, to say its "delusional or ridiculous" to think a free good free agent would want to play for the Knicks.

I crack up every time I see all the blind hate b/c the Knicks time to shine again will come...maybe sooner than some haters would like lol or maybe not. Either way, when it does come, it will be much more compelling than any of the teams of the fans hoping we stay in the cellar.

The Melo to the Knicks rumor has legs and could happen. Players do leave teams...this isn't some new crazy concept.

And if Melo did get bumped in the first round should he become a Knick, I garauntee the games would not be televised on NBA TV like some of those Jazz/Nuggs playoff games lol.

That would never happen to a NYK team in the postseason.

cav_till_i_die
05-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Get Lebron. Then sign guys for 1 year. Then trade for expirings.

yeah im sure thats lebrons idea of a championship team

DenButsu
05-03-2010, 01:03 AM
The Melo to the Knicks rumor has legs

Why? Because Sam Smith said so? And people are talking about it? That really doesn't mean a damn thing.

and could happen.

I'm waiting patiently for one piece of credible, tangible evidence that supports that assertion. Anything from Melo himself or someone in his inner circle that proves he's actually considering this. Anything at all.

But I know I'll be waiting a long-*** time. Because nobody here can provide such evidence. Because it doesn't exist.

This is 100% speculative bull****, as I said above. Nothing more, nothing less. But nothing based in fact or reality.

Kashmir13579
05-03-2010, 01:27 AM

first of all, he didnt win the MVP. second of all, he loves mike d'antoni. 3rdly he puts up great numbers in the garden; in fact when he played for SYRACUSE (2003) he lit it up on multiple occasions under the madison square garden lights. Thats the year Cuse won a championship; and the garden is literally considered by SU fans as the home away from the Carrier Dome(seeing as they play there for up to 5 times a season not including the 4 game big east championship).. are you kidding me?! HE LOVES THE GARDEN. :speechless: P.S. my hopes and prayers go out to all knicks fans

Go_NUGGETS
05-03-2010, 11:10 AM
And what do they have to do with anything? We coulda had Bynum, Camby still, and Brandon Jennings also. A lot of teams could've went in different directions in the draft. And for the record, while I'll gladly take Nene, I don't really want Ariza or Frye on my team unless in clear support roles anyways.

I don't need some article written by Sam Smith or fkn Will Smith to know we have one of the best chances to land Melo in 11'. and again, whats with this [B]"Knicks fans looking for anything"/B] crap???

Maybe we are "looking for something" its called cashing in on that little thing called CAP SPACE

You should know what that that is... or maybe you should ask Kenyon Martins arthritic knees for a reminder.

And why should anybody Knick fan or not, think the realization of obtaining a star free agent is over??? Anything can happen.

Your also completely ******** to think Melo would be "persuaded" as you put it to hinge such an important decision on Sam Smith. I mean are you serious here man?

The window is closing fast on the Nuggets anyway and the west isn't getting any easier. You have plenty to worry about.

My dude...No one was emphasizing or acknowledging Melo to the Knicks, until dumb *** Sam Smith came out with this article....

And not every team has that many variety of players that they pass up, while the Knicks have been built on wasting seasons just to live up to the pipe dream of landing a squad of superstars...Sam Smith says Melo to Knicks 11....Melo says that Denver is his home away from home.....Sam Smith says Melo wants to go to the Knicks.....Melo says he wants to bring a championship to Denver.....You do the Math right there, and ask yourself...Who's delusional and relyin on speculation and who isnt????

knickerbockerny
05-03-2010, 11:37 AM
In simpler terms, the Nuggets window is closing fast and the Knicks window is opening fast. One team is on their way down while the other is on the way up. The Nuggets are very talented, but the same combustible antics which helps then succeed, brought their downfall.

Like it or not someone is coming to the Knicks that is going to change the losing culture and quite possibly the landscape in the east. At least one of the top 5 free agents is going to come, no way they all turn down the glitz and glamor of New York. Donnie Walsh has had 2 years to think about exactly what he is going to do when free agency 2010 begins.

Weezy
05-03-2010, 12:17 PM
hey anything can happen these days haha

SDBearsFan
05-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Sam Smith is an idiot. An absolute joke.

psdking
05-03-2010, 12:45 PM
is it too early to say the knicks are going to win the championship?

SDBearsFan
05-03-2010, 12:57 PM
I love how every Knicks fan thinks Lebron is going to New York. Just means I'll get to enjoy another offseason of watching New York swing and miss on the top free agents, and elect to overpaying a bunch of scrubs.

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-03-2010, 01:08 PM
My dude...No one was emphasizing or acknowledging Melo to the Knicks, until dumb *** Sam Smith came out with this article....

And not every team has that many variety of players that they pass up, while the Knicks have been built on wasting seasons just to live up to the pipe dream of landing a squad of superstars...Sam Smith says Melo to Knicks 11....Melo says that Denver is his home away from home.....Sam Smith says Melo wants to go to the Knicks.....Melo says he wants to bring a championship to Denver.....You do the Math right there, and ask yourself...Who's delusional and relyin on speculation and who isnt????

My G...I don't know if you got the memo, but most semi-smart NBA fans understand he can be signed next summer by a team with cap space lol.

I don't even follow some herb named Sam Smith, nor do a care what he has to say on the subject matter. Melo would be wise to leave and develop with a younger core regardless. "home away from home" "bring a championship to denver" Have we not heard talk like this b4 from all types of athletes? cmon dude, stop acting like he COULDN'T LEAVE.

This is ridiculous, just like the "WADE THREAD" filled with a bunch of fans who sware their current superstar is incapable of leaving for another city that just so happens to be universally regarded as a better place to play professional sports.

"Money talks and BS walks"

aNYer
05-03-2010, 01:15 PM
I love how every Knicks fan thinks Lebron is going to New York. Just means I'll get to enjoy another offseason of watching New York swing and miss on the top free agents, and elect to overpaying a bunch of scrubs.

Hi hater
I doubt you have ever seen that. Last time the Knicks have had any cap space was the LJ year and that ended up in a trip to the finals. All the bad contracts were as a result of bad trades by a bad GM. Go ahead and hate but at least get your facts straight.

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-03-2010, 01:19 PM

When was the last time the Knicks swung and missed on free agents guy????

We haven't had any cap space in 15 years to sign payers outright you banana head.

Is it just me, or do fans from around the country seem to always worry about what the Knicks do all the time, while our fans don't even remotely care what happens in their camps each year? lol.

Keep thinking about us.

Weezy
05-03-2010, 01:20 PM

nice one troll doll...

Rocktober2009
05-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Lol. Carmelo will be a Nugget lifer. He loves it here, they'll get him help in the offseason. I don't see Carmelo going anywhere.

Especially New York.

BoognishMN
05-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Dear NY,
Not every athlete wants to play in your fair city. If any of your teams outside of the Yankee's actually were decent, your sports writers would have something to write about other than FA who they think should come to NY.

Sincerely,
The Rest of the Country

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Lol. Carmelo will be a Nugget lifer. He loves it here, they'll get him help in the offseason. I don't see Carmelo going anywhere.

Especially New York.

Who's more delusional, Knicks fans who understand how cap space, big markets, and free agency works, or Nuggets fans who automatically assume their players will never leave their franchise?

Its amazing what a few trips to the playoffs can do for a group of fans lol.

I remember a time when top free agents wouldn't even consider taking to teams like the nuggets lol.

Now their fans think their the Spurs. Comical.

RipVW
05-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Who's more delusional, Knicks fans who understand how cap space, big markets, and free agency works, or Nuggets fans who automatically assume their players will never leave their franchise?

Its amazing what a few trips to the playoffs can do for a group of fans lol.

I remember a time when top free agents wouldn't even consider taking to teams like the nuggets lol.

Now their fans think their the Spurs. Comical.

Actually, Denver is one of the nicest places to live in the country. He might prefer NYC but its not far fetched to think he is perfectly fine with living in Denver.

Mr Grim
05-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Regardless of what happens with the Knicks, its not out of the realm of possible for Melo or any other star player to leave a franchise.

I mean look at Patrick Ewing. I would have sworn on my own life he'd be a Knick till the end, and look how different things went. I mean seriously, who would have guessed Jordan would play for the Wizards after being a Bull for so long?

Anything can happen.

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Dear NY,
Not every athlete wants to play in your fair city. If any of your teams outside of the Yankee's actually were decent, your sports writers would have something to write about other than FA who they think should come to NY.

Sincerely,
The Rest of the Country

Maybe if some of the greatest athletes in the history of sports didn't play in NY, maybe your cute lil letter would make more sense.

It seems like the "rest of the country'' worries too much about my great city and the prospect of their own players leaving for it.

Lo Porto
05-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Melo would be a perfect fit for NY. Denver should make the trade this offseason to avoid the inevitable.

Chandler, Gallo and NY's 2010 2nd for Melo????

NetsPaint
05-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Melo would be a perfect fit for NY. Denver should make the trade this offseason to avoid the inevitable.

Chandler, Gallo and NY's 2010 2nd for Melo????

No way is the Knicks giving up Gallo when they only have to wait one more year.

Lo Porto
05-03-2010, 02:13 PM
No way is the Knicks giving up Gallo when they only have to wait one more year.

True, but I don't see Denver giving up Melo for just Chandler, NY's 2010 2nd and a future 1st. They might. Denver would be wise to trade Melo instead of losing him for nothing the next summer. They'd save a ton of money for next season doing a Chandler and picks for Melo trade...

Rocktober2009
05-03-2010, 02:16 PM
True, but I don't see Denver giving up Melo for just Chandler, NY's 2010 2nd and a future 1st. They might. Denver would be wise to trade Melo instead of losing him for nothing the next summer. They'd save a ton of money for next season doing a Chandler and picks for Melo trade...

Again, Carmelo has done nothing to even hint at even wanting to leave. He's the franchise. I don't think Carmelo is going anywhere, and the Nuggets def. aren't trading him

Lo Porto
05-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Why would he re-sign after next season unless Denver has a phenomenal 2010-11? Chauncey, Kenyon, Nene and Birdman will be closer to done in the summer of 2011. JR Smith, Afflalo and Lawson are all solid but not a strong championship calibur nucleus.

If NY 1 or 2 really good free agents this summer (Joe Johnson, LeBron, Bosh, Wade, Dirk, Amare, Rudy Gay, etc.), the future looks a lot brighter in what is much closer to his "hometown".

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Actually, Denver is one of the nicest places to live in the country. He might prefer NYC but its not far fetched to think he is perfectly fine with living in Denver.

I'm not arguing him wanting to play in Denver at all. Nuggets fans in here on the other hand, are spending way too much time shooting down the possibility of him playing in NYC.

Most athletes would prefer NY over Denver. Now I can see why that might anger some 13 year old denver kid on the PSD, but us grownups in here should be smart enough to know "keepin it real" talk when they here it.

He may be perfectly fine in Denver, he did resign there once already. I'm not on here like some people, claiming to know Carmelo's inner thoughts and decisions...like half the Denver crowd. Some moron on here even suggested this Sam Smith character may have wrote this column to spark some "thoughts" in Melo's brain about leaving lol...like Melo doesn't have a keen sense on his future options lol.

I mean, born in Brooklyn, played for Cuse and won a chip, engaged to a girl from Brooklyn (you know she's in his ear, god willing), loves playing at the Garden...but him going to the Mecca of basketball to possibly headline or co-headline???? "delusional thoughts by silly Knick fans" gimme a fkn break.

He would never consider a place like NY:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It makes more sense for him to move on the Knicks and start fresh than continue getting first and second rounds bumps with soon to be elderly Billups, K-Marts tick and Knee's and All-NBA baffoon JR Smith.

Could he stay in Denver, ABSOLUTELY. I'm not dumb enough to think he doesn't have options like some people in here:rolleyes:

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Again, Carmelo has done nothing to even hint at even wanting to leave. He's the franchise. I don't think Carmelo is going anywhere, and the Nuggets def. aren't trading him

Hey, Genius, he's been on a successful team in playoff contention this season, He's a year away from being eligible for free agency. Don't hold your breath, there's plenty of time for him to drop some hints.

Nuggets fans are delusional if they don't think there's at least a 50% chance he leaves for somewhere. That thin air man, I'm tellin you lol.

RipVW
05-03-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm not arguing him wanting to play in Denver at all. Nuggets fans in here on the other hand, are spending way too much time shooting down the possibility of him playing in NYC.

Most athletes would prefer NY over Denver. Now I can see why that might anger some 13 year old denver kid on the PSD, but us grownups in here should be smart enough to know "keepin it real" talk when they here it.

He may be perfectly fine in Denver, he did resign there once already. I'm not on here like some people, claiming to know Carmelo's inner thoughts and decisions...like half the Denver crowd. Some moron on here even suggested this Sam Smith character may have wrote this column to spark some "thoughts" in Melo's brain about leaving lol...like Melo doesn't have a keen sense on his future options lol.

I mean, born in Brooklyn, played for Cuse and won a chip, engaged to a girl from Brooklyn (you know she's in his ear, god willing), loves playing at the Garden...but him going to the Mecca of basketball to possibly headline or co-headline???? "delusional thoughts by silly Knick fans" gimme a fkn break.

It makes more sense for him to move on the Knicks and start fresh than continue getting first and second rounds bumps with soon to be elderly Billups, K-Marts tick and Knee's and All-NBA baffoon JR Smith.

Could he stay in Denver, ABSOLUTELY. I'm not dumb enough to think he doesn't have options like some people in here:rolleyes:

Youve contradicted yourself with the bolded part.

Also, you seem to be arguing with a lot of people about NY on a lot of different fronts. Its kind of ironic that you claim other people are spending too much time shooting down NYC.

This goes back to what I said to you yesterday. Maybe this is more about you instigating all this noise about how you think NYC is the center of the universe because of a line from some corny song from 1950.

Also, other than the Yankees, the NY teams havent really had great players other than Lawrence Taylor and, to a lesser degree, Patrick Ewing. And thats over the past 30 years. But we're not talking about the Yankees here, we're talking abotu the Knicks.

D1JM
05-03-2010, 03:05 PM
uhhhh its sam smith guys. I guess you have to be a bulls fan to understand the way Sam Smith thinks. For crying outloud he wants the bulls to go after monta and millsap instead of pursuing a top free agent.

Rocktober2009
05-03-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm not saying he doesn't have options. It's possible he leaves of course, I just don't see it happening.

Kenyon and J.R Smith's days in Denver are done IMO. Kenyon has an attractive expiring contract that comes off the books after next year and some team will take a chance with J.R. They don't figure into Denver's future plans. Melo on the other hand, does.

Lo Porto
05-03-2010, 03:09 PM
If I'm Melo and the Nuggets don't at least make the conference finals next season, I go to NY. I'm saying that as a fan of neither Melo, the Nuggets or NY.

He'd be worshipped if he went to NY. His superstar status would at least double. And NY in 2011 won't be that much better or worse than Denver in 2011. He'd also be in the Eastern Conference which doesn't have half of the great young teams as the West (OKC, Portland, and Utah not to mention established teams like LA, Dallas, SA and Phoenix).

RipVW
05-03-2010, 03:14 PM
If I'm Melo and the Nuggets don't at least make the conference finals next season, I go to NY. I'm saying that as a fan of neither Melo, the Nuggets or NY.

He'd be worshipped if he went to NY. His superstar status would at least double. And NY in 2011 won't be that much better or worse than Denver in 2011. He'd also be in the Eastern Conference which doesn't have half of the great young teams as the West (OKC, Portland, and Utah not to mention established teams like LA, Dallas, SA and Phoenix).

It kind of depends on how NY does in FA this summer. If they strike out and Cleveland, Miami, and Chicago end up with loaded teams...to go along with what Orlando already has going, it might make more sense for him to stay regardless.

The balance of power in the NBA as a whole could go through a massive swing this summer. The end result could be having a better chance at making it to the finals by playing in the western conference.

Lo Porto
05-03-2010, 03:18 PM
I agree that this summer could change the landscape in terms of elite teams, but most of the names that are out there this summer are names from the Eastern Conference (Joe Johnson, LeBron, Wade, Bosh, etc.). If 2 leave their teams to unite on one team, that leaves 1 great team instead of 2 good teams. The East still stays weak.

And the team we're talking about most that will put together an elite roster soonest would be NY. NY could get 2 great players this summer and then get Melo in 2011. Why wouldn't Melo join a team with 2 great new players, Gallo, Chandler and Douglas instead of staying with a team with old Billups, JR, Lawson and Afflalo?

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Youve contradicted yourself with the bolded part.

Also, you seem to be arguing with a lot of people about NY on a lot of different fronts. Its kind of ironic that you claim other people are spending too much time shooting down NYC.

This goes back to what I said to you yesterday. Maybe this is more about you instigating all this noise about how you think NYC is the center of the universe because of a line from some corny song from 1950.

Also, other than the Yankees, the NY teams havent really had great players other than Lawrence Taylor and, to a lesser degree, Patrick Ewing. And thats over the past 30 years. But we're not talking about the Yankees here, we're talking abotu the Knicks.

How did I contradict myself lol? I've not shot down any possibilities of what Melo could do next summer, only state to the Denver crowd that he has options.

You questioning the greatness of NY b/c of my feelings on my city is fine. I'm glad to hear you think NY got the M.O. of greatest city in the world from "some corny song from the 1950's" lol...Shows how intelligent you truly are lol.

I don't need to waste my time listing a bunch of players I think are great who played here lately who aren't Yankees lol. I'll just ask you to name a city thats had more great players in it than NY in the history of sports?

Its moot to argue why New York is great and always has been a great place for athletes to play and to win especially.

No other place in the country puts more pressure on its athletes to win, b/c thats the only priority. NY may be better known for how great its complimentary players have been, and how they've stepped up along side their superstars to win BIG in on the biggest stage in sports. Thats one of the things that makes NY so compelling IMO.

If you don't know why playing sports in NY is special, than you don't know sports period.

D1JM
05-03-2010, 03:24 PM
ok since we debating this what about the bulls

Lou Deng, gibson 2010 first round and charlottes 2011 first

D1JM
05-03-2010, 03:27 PM
How did I contradict myself lol? I've not shot down any possibilities of what Melo could do next summer, only state to the Denver crowd that he has options.

You questioning the greatness of NY b/c of my feelings on my city is fine. I'm glad to hear you think NY got the M.O. of greatest city in the world from "some corny song from the 1950's" lol...Shows how intelligent you truly are lol.

I don't need to waste my time listing a bunch of players I think are great who played here lately who aren't Yankees lol. I'll just ask you to name a city thats had more great players in it than NY in the history of sports?

Its moot to argue why New York is great and always has been a great place for athletes to play and to win especially.

No other place in the country puts more pressure on its athletes to win, b/c thats the only priority. NY may be better known for how great its complimentary players have been, and how they've stepped up along side their superstars to win BIG in on the biggest stage in sports. Thats one of the things that makes NY so compelling IMO.

If you don't know why playing sports in NY is special, than you don't know sports period.

so in the NBA the knicks are the best place to play? They havent won nothing since the early 70.

RipVW
05-03-2010, 03:29 PM
I agree that this summer could change the landscape in terms of elite teams, but most of the names that are out there this summer are names from the Eastern Conference (Joe Johnson, LeBron, Wade, Bosh, etc.). If 2 leave their teams to unite on one team, that leaves 1 great team instead of 2 good teams. The East still stays weak.

What could conceivably happen is you could have the following additions:

Miami: Wade, Bosh, PG
Cleveland: James, Johnson
Chicago: Stoudimire, Allen/Miller/other SG...or maybe Dirk

...something like that could make Chicago, Cleveland, and Miami very good. And Orland is already there too.

And the team we're talking about most that will put together an elite roster soonest would be NY. NY could get 2 great players this summer and then get Melo in 2011. Why wouldn't Melo join a team with 2 great new players, Gallo, Chandler and Douglas instead of staying with a team with old Billups, JR, Lawson and Afflalo?

Im not saying NY will strike out. Im saying they could strike out...at least in tearms of the elite guys. And so if you have a 4 team stranglehold on the Eastern Conference, and you look at the possibility that Stoudimire might be gone from Phoenix, Dirk might be gone from Dallas, Boozer might be gone from Utah, San Antionio isnt getting any younger, and the fact that Kobe might be in decline, suddenly the West starts to look like the easier path to the finals.

Go_NUGGETS
05-03-2010, 03:51 PM
My G...I don't know if you got the memo, but most semi-smart NBA fans understand he can be signed next summer by a team with cap space lol.

I don't even follow some herb named Sam Smith, nor do a care what he has to say on the subject matter. Melo would be wise to leave and develop with a younger core regardless. "home away from home" "bring a championship to denver" Have we not heard talk like this b4 from all types of athletes? cmon dude, stop acting like he COULDN'T LEAVE.

This is ridiculous, just like the "WADE THREAD" filled with a bunch of fans who sware their current superstar is incapable of leaving for another city that just so happens to be universally regarded as a better place to play professional sports.

"Money talks and BS walks"

See,You're just placing the focal point on blaming me that i'm unaware he's a Free Agent, and using it as a crutch to make yourself feel better ...The basis of my post is to show you're hippity dippity and all excited over a dream right now, just a dream. I'm very aware that Melo is a Free Agent, but i'm a realist and telling you whats been said by him [Melo] himself. Melo says something about staying in Denver, then all of a sudden you dismiss it and resort to callin it practical with the many examples of athletes that you seem to acquaint in sports. I dont know if you need guidance or someone to take grip of your hand, but it must be repeated that this is all speculative BS from one guy who generated this idea....Nuggets have an offseason and whole other season to imrpove and build, and Melo has spoke the opposite of anything you can provide evidence for in this matter, when ASSuming that Melo wants to automatically come to NY.

RipVW
05-03-2010, 03:55 PM
ok since we debating this what about the bulls

Lou Deng, gibson 2010 first round and charlottes 2011 first

Chicago might be able to improve enough in the offseason through free agency without giving up picks. Plus they might need Deng and such for a sign and trade.

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-03-2010, 03:57 PM
so in the NBA the knicks are the best place to play? They havent won nothing since the early 70.

NY is the best place to play in all of sports b/c the value of winning is superior.

They haven't won a championship since the 70's but have been one of the more compelling teams to watch up until the last decade. YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS BULLS FAN.

Or are you one of the unlucky children of Chicago who missed the Jordan show I enjoyed my whole youth????? prob.

Don't feel bad Chicago is a great place to play to.

Go_NUGGETS
05-03-2010, 04:01 PM

Now you want to resort to namecalling like a little girl???

I dont see whats so odd about me saying Sam Smith was attempting to provoke the idea in Melo.....You seem sensitive about it for no reason. Maybe the result of too much emotions affecting your judgement???

Of course Melo has a "KEEN" sense on his options, but from where he stands right now, he's focused on next season..Not the future...Dont let your fantasy influence you into typing something otherwise about it, Melo has said what he said, why deny whats actually known, instead of speculating????

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by RipVW
"you seem to be arguing with a lot of people about NY on a lot of different fronts"

...No just idiots who happen to be heat and denver fans, delusional at the prospect of their marquee player possibly leaving.

AK-50
05-03-2010, 04:03 PM
lol now theres gonna be hype the knicks gonna sign Melo when he will probably re-sign in Denver

RipVW
05-03-2010, 04:04 PM
You claimed to know what athletes like and then went on to say you dont know what Carmelo is thinking.

Do you actually not think that song is corny? Do you actually not think that song is old?

Because you cant. Ill even include Mark Messier and Brian Leetch for you. So, you have LT, Chewing, Messier, and Leetch. Messier's better days were with Edmonton but Ill be nice and call him a great player in NYC.

Also, its interesting that you would claim this is a waste of your time considering that you probably have half the posts in every thread that involves New York. This makes it apparent youre not going to list great athletes because you cant.

Other than the guys I mentioned, who...again, besides Yankees? And what makes you so sure the Yankees dont play in NYC because the Yankees play the most? What makes you so sure they like NYC more than some of the other great cities out there?

No other place in the country puts more pressure on its athletes to win, b/c thats the only priority.
Youve previously said the Garden sells out no matter what. There are other places that have to win to sell out the arena. One could argue that is more pressure to win.

NY may be better known for how great its complimentary players have been, and how they've stepped up along side their superstars to win BIG in on the biggest stage in sports. Thats one of the things that makes NY so compelling IMO.

This is an interesting comment to make since you cant name any great non-Yankee athletes.

Considering the apex of the NBA's mass appeal was when Jordan played for the Bulls, one could argue that its even more special in Chicago. And then you also have Boston and LA where the NBA is concerned.

I actually kind of hope NY improves. Its a little more interesting when NY is good. But some of the stuff you say is nonsense.

D1JM
05-03-2010, 04:07 PM
NY is the best place to play in all of sports b/c the value of winning is superior.

They haven't won a championship since the 70's but have been one of the more compelling teams to watch up until the last decade. YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS BULLS FAN.

Or are you one of the unlucky children of Chicago who missed the Jordan show I enjoyed my whole youth????? prob.

Don't feel bad Chicago is a great place to play to.

I actually saw Oakley put Jordan on his back more than a couple of times with the good old hard fouls. Not like today that you cant even look at wade or durant without getting a foul called on you. Yea you guys lucked out in the 90's with jordan being around, but same was with Malone and Stockton

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Now you want to resort to namecalling like a little girl???

I dont see whats so odd about me saying Sam Smith was attempting to provoke the idea in Melo.....You seem sensitive about it for no reason. Maybe the result of too much emotions affecting your judgement???

Of course Melo has a "KEEN" sense on his options, but from where he stands right now, he's focused on next season..Not the future...Dont let your fantasy influence you into typing something otherwise about it, Melo has said what he said, why deny whats actually known, instead of speculating????

Name calling? did I ? well you prob desereved it...no you def deserve it for attempting to defend your stance on "SAM SMITH PROVOKING AN IDEA OF LEAVING TO MELO"

MORONIC!!!! moronic on all levels.

MELO KNOWS HIS OPTIONS AND WHERE HE STANDS WITH HIS TEAM, HE DOESN'T NEED SOME COLUMNIST TO SHED LIGHT ON WHY HE SHOULD LEAVE FOR HIM TO GRASP THAT POSSIBILITY.

Athletes say A BUNCH OF CRAP all the time during their stay with franchises, GOOD AND BAD, I've learned to trust none of it. I've lost some of my favorite players of all-time to free agency and got some good ones too, it happens. Quit acting like you guys have won anything he couldn't win somewhere else.

TALK ABOUT DELUSIONAL. All I've said is that he COULD leave, and considering they have little financial room to operate, it could be a wise move for him.

You hold on to his every word as bond and see EVEN MORE STUPID you feel if he leaves. Why even set yourself up for that epic FAIL anyways?

Sounds like fan without the slightest clue of something called "THE MTFKN BUSINESS SIDE OF SPORTS"

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-03-2010, 04:44 PM
You claimed to know what athletes like and then went on to say you dont know what Carmelo is thinking.

Do you actually not think that song is corny? Do you actually not think that song is old?

Because you cant. Ill even include Mark Messier and Brian Leetch for you. So, you have LT, Chewing, Messier, and Leetch. Messier's better days were with Edmonton but Ill be nice and call him a great player in NYC.

Also, its interesting that you would claim this is a waste of your time considering that you probably have half the posts in every thread that involves New York. This makes it apparent youre not going to list great athletes because you cant.

Other than the guys I mentioned, who...again, besides Yankees? And what makes you so sure the Yankees dont play in NYC because the Yankees play the most? What makes you so sure they like NYC more than some of the other great cities out there?

Youve previously said the Garden sells out no matter what. There are other places that have to win to sell out the arena. One could argue that is more pressure to win.

This is an interesting comment to make since you cant name any great non-Yankee athletes.

Considering the apex of the NBA's mass appeal was when Jordan played for the Bulls, one could argue that its even more special in Chicago. And then you also have Boston and LA where the NBA is concerned.

I actually kind of hope NY improves. Its a little more interesting when NY is good. But some of the stuff you say is nonsense.

Am I wrong to say "most player would rather play in NY than Denver" ???

Thats a little different than you claiming to know Melo's "final decision" on his future based on whatever he's saying a year away from free agency.

This post is a complete joke and just shows your age more than anything, which is clearly very young.

Are you really asking me if a Frank Sinatra classic is corny??? and Old??? whats wrong with old music anyways lol, its the new music thats awful.

Even attempting to say Messier wasn't a great Ranger is ********.

And what makes you so sure the Yankees dont play in NYC because the Yankees play the most? What makes you so sure they like NYC more than some of the other great cities out there?

What does this even mean? you write like a bafoon.

Youve previously said the Garden sells out no matter what.

I previously NEVER said this lol. Thanx for the misquote.

Darryl Strawberry
Doc Gooden
Michael Strahan
Patrick Ewing
Mark Messier
Bryan Leetch
Mike Richter
Bernard King
Mark Jackson
Wayne Gretzky
Walt Frazier
Tom Seaver
Joe Namath
Willis Reed
Mike Piazza
Dwight Gooden
Phil Sims (22-25 in the super bowl) best QB giants have had.
PELE
Julius Irving (NY Nets)
Earl Monroe
Dave DeBusschere

...I can keep going here, cuz theres many more.

Since you think NY hasn't had that many great athletes aside from Yanks...How about you tell me your city (don't lie now) and subtract your best team from the equation and THEN list all your cities great Athletes.

I gave it shot, so don't front.

And for the record, Chicago isn't known as the "Mecca of Basketball" and thats why it will never be a bigger or more important basketball city, NBA related or not.

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-03-2010, 04:47 PM
I actually saw Oakley put Jordan on his back more than a couple of times with the good old hard fouls. Not like today that you cant even look at wade or durant without getting a foul called on you. Yea you guys lucked out in the 90's with jordan being around, but same was with Malone and Stockton

The game is soft today.

RipVW
05-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Am I wrong to say "most player would rather play in NY than Denver" ???

Thats a little different than you claiming to know Melo's "final decision" on his future based on whatever he's saying a year away from free agency.

This post is a complete joke and just shows your age more than anything, which is clearly very young.

Are you really asking me if a Frank Sinatra classic is corny??? and Old??? whats wrong with old music anyways lol, its the new music thats awful.

Even attempting to say Messier wasn't a great Ranger is ********.

What does this even mean? you write like a bafoon.

I previously NEVER said this lol. Thanx for the misquote.

Darryl Strawberry Ok
Doc Gooden I definitely agree on this one
Michael Strahan OK
Patrick Ewing Yes
Mark Messier Yes
Bryan Leetch Yes
Mike Richter Not really great
Bernard King Yes
Mark Jackson No way...you overrate him
Wayne Gretzky Not when he was with the Rangers
Walt Frazier Too far back and also overrated
Tom Seaver Too far back
Joe Namath Too far back
Willis Reed Too far back
Mike Piazza OK
Dwight Gooden listed twice
Phil Sims (22-25 in the super bowl) best QB giants have had. Not "great"
PELE Too long ago
Julius Irving (NY Nets) Too long ago
Earl Monroe Too long ago
Dave DeBusschere No...overrated

...I can keep going here, cuz theres many more.

OK on the ones in bold. No go on the ones in red. I had responded twice to your previous post because I timed out the first time, so I dont know if I specified going back 30 years as I had originally.

Since you think NY hasn't had that many great athletes aside from Yanks...How about you tell me your city (don't lie now) and subtract your best team from the equation and THEN list all your cities great Athletes.

It has nothing to do with the best team as much as being skewed purely by paying the most. I live in Chicago. But since you were going back and forth with people from Denver, I can name more great athletes from Denver than you just did from NYC. Again, this is since 1980.

John Elway-- obvious
Terrell Davis--obvious
Tom Nalen-- Made the zone blocking scheme, which was revolutionary, go.
Shannon Sharpe-- obvious
Rod Smith-- Great numbers, great blocker
Steve Atwater-- obvious
Randy Gradishar
Gary Zimmerman-- obvious
Joe Sakic--obvious
Peter Forsberg-- obvioous
Ray Borque-- obviou
Patrick Roy-- obvious
Adam Foote-- obvious
Carmelo Anthony-- obvious
Larry Walker-- obvious

And for the record, Chicago isn't known as the "Mecca of Basketball" and thats why it will never be a bigger or more important basketball city, NBA related or not.

Maybe it is, or maybe it isnt. It was the mecca in the 90s.

Lo Porto
05-03-2010, 05:34 PM
What could conceivably happen is you could have the following additions:

Miami: Wade, Bosh, PG
Cleveland: James, Johnson
Chicago: Stoudimire, Allen/Miller/other SG...or maybe Dirk

...something like that could make Chicago, Cleveland, and Miami very good. And Orland is already there too.
Im not saying NY will strike out. Im saying they could strike out...at least in tearms of the elite guys. And so if you have a 4 team stranglehold on the Eastern Conference, and you look at the possibility that Stoudimire might be gone from Phoenix, Dirk might be gone from Dallas, Boozer might be gone from Utah, San Antionio isnt getting any younger, and the fact that Kobe might be in decline, suddenly the West starts to look like the easier path to the finals.

I see what you're saying, but the East will go from 2 great (Cle&Orl), 2 good (Bos&Atl) and 5 decent teams to 4 great and 3 decent and crap. If Bosh leaves Toronto for no compensation, they go from a .500 team to a top 10 lottery. If Wade leaves Miami, they go from decent to top 10 lottery. If Joe Johnson leaves Atlanta, they go from good to decent at best. Some of the East will get stronger this summer (Chicago and Miami), but it will come at a cost of weakening the East. Unless NY gets LeBron, the best they'll do next year is go from awful to decent.

Even if Amare comes East, it's not like he's going to improve the conference.
It could be argued that the Western Conference had 8 of the best 10 teams this postseason. The argument could be made that Boston would lose to OKC in 7 games. Only two teams stand to lose a lot this summer - Phoenix if Amare leaves and Dallas if Dirk leaves. Even if those teams lose those players, I still think Dallas is a playoff team and Phoenix is above .500. The same can't be said for Miami without Wade, Toronto without Bosh, Atlanta without Joe, Cleveland without LeBron, etc, etc.

My whole point is that Melo to NY in 2011 would be a good move for him and the NBA. Imagine if LeBron stays in Cleveland and Amare goes to NY this summer. The Eastern Conference would be a battle between Melo, LeBron, Wade, and Dwight for the next decade. In the West it will be a battle between Deron, Durant, Roy and Paul for the next decade as soon as SA and LA start to fade eventually.

RipVW
05-03-2010, 05:52 PM
I see what you're saying, but the East will go from 2 great (Cle&Orl), 2 good (Bos&Atl) and 5 decent teams to 4 great and 3 decent and crap. If Bosh leaves Toronto for no compensation, they go from a .500 team to a top 10 lottery. If Wade leaves Miami, they go from decent to top 10 lottery. If Joe Johnson leaves Atlanta, they go from good to decent at best. Some of the East will get stronger this summer (Chicago and Miami), but it will come at a cost of weakening the East. Unless NY gets LeBron, the best they'll do next year is go from awful to decent.

Even if Amare comes East, it's not like he's going to improve the conference.
It could be argued that the Western Conference had 8 of the best 10 teams this postseason. The argument could be made that Boston would lose to OKC in 7 games. Only two teams stand to lose a lot this summer - Phoenix if Amare leaves and Dallas if Dirk leaves. Even if those teams lose those players, I still think Dallas is a playoff team and Phoenix is above .500. The same can't be said for Miami without Wade, Toronto without Bosh, Atlanta without Joe, Cleveland without LeBron, etc, etc.

My whole point is that Melo to NY in 2011 would be a good move for him and the NBA. Imagine if LeBron stays in Cleveland and Amare goes to NY this summer. The Eastern Conference would be a battle between Melo, LeBron, Wade, and Dwight for the next decade. In the West it will be a battle between Deron, Durant, Roy and Paul for the next decade as soon as SA and LA start to fade eventually.

Chicago is one low post scorer or one great player away from being stronger than the Celtics and the Hawks were this year. And adding a low post scorer to Miami would also make them formiddable...along with a PG because I assume Wade would sign then.

I see OKC and Lakers definitely being factors next year. LA might drop off depending on whether Kobe's bigger problem is injury or age. San Antionio could arrive at a steep decline very fast. They have 3 stars that have been around for a while. Id Dallas loses Nowitzki, they dont look as strong. Denver is kind of in limbo. If Phoenix loses Stoudemire that hurts. Its just with age and free agency, it seems like a lot of teams in the west could slip a lot next year.

nunofwhat
05-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Lets put it this way so we can stop talking about it and just wait and see what happens.

Would Melo rather win 2 championships in Denver or 1 in NYC? My guess would be NYC because all of the hoopla and immortality that comes with it. Whatever star leads the Knicks to a championship will be loved and revered forever (think Messier).
Basketball players are selfish. They want to be thought of as godlike and Melo's best chance to do that is to win in NYC.

So can we shut up and wait and see? (personally I don't want Melo on the Knicks but that's just me)

JOSKOMANG4
05-03-2010, 07:44 PM
IMO, at the end of the day it'll be A'Mare(max contract) & joe Johnson(5yr 82.5mill) in knicks uniform. They'll also, if they can get it done, work out a sign & trade with Chicago to get Kirk Hinrich( trade for Eddie Curry & draft pick).

C) A'Mare
PF) Al Harrington
SF) D.Gallanari/W.Chandler(6th man)/B.Walker
SG) J.Johnson/Jr Giddens/
PG) K.Hinrich/S.Rodriguez/T.Douglass

With that lineup.. I would say 4-6 seed at most in the Eastern Conference

RipVW
05-03-2010, 08:36 PM
IMO, at the end of the day it'll be A'Mare(max contract) & joe Johnson(5yr 82.5mill) in knicks uniform. They'll also, if they can get it done, work out a sign & trade with Chicago to get Kirk Hinrich( trade for Eddie Curry & draft pick).

C) A'Mare
PF) Al Harrington
SF) D.Gallanari/W.Chandler(6th man)/B.Walker
SG) J.Johnson/Jr Giddens/
PG) K.Hinrich/S.Rodriguez/T.Douglass

With that lineup.. I would say 4-6 seed at most in the Eastern Conference

I dont see the Bulls bringing back Curry.

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-03-2010, 11:21 PM
See,You're just placing the focal point on blaming me that i'm unaware he's a Free Agent, and using it as a crutch to make yourself feel better ...The basis of my post is to show you're hippity dippity and all excited over a dream right now, just a dream. I'm very aware that Melo is a Free Agent, but i'm a realist and telling you whats been said by him [Melo] himself. Melo says something about staying in Denver, then all of a sudden you dismiss it and resort to callin it practical with the many examples of athletes that you seem to acquaint in sports. I dont know if you need guidance or someone to take grip of your hand, but it must be repeated that this is all speculative BS from one guy who generated this idea....Nuggets have an offseason and whole other season to imrpove and build, and Melo has spoke the opposite of anything you can provide evidence for in this matter, when ASSuming that Melo wants to automatically come to NY.

most of that post was straight babbling. I never said he'd automatically come, I said there is a good chance that he could leave...something you obviously cant handle and hate hearing.

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-03-2010, 11:28 PM
OK on the ones in bold. No go on the ones in red. I had responded twice to your previous post because I timed out the first time, so I dont know if I specified going back 30 years as I had originally.

It has nothing to do with the best team as much as being skewed purely by paying the most. I live in Chicago. But since you were going back and forth with people from Denver, I can name more great athletes from Denver than you just did from NYC. Again, this is since 1980.

John Elway-- obvious
Terrell Davis--obvious
Tom Nalen-- Made the zone blocking scheme, which was revolutionary, go.
Shannon Sharpe-- obvious
Rod Smith-- Great numbers, great blocker
Steve Atwater-- obvious
Randy Gradishar
Gary Zimmerman-- obvious
Joe Sakic--obvious
Peter Forsberg-- obvioous
Ray Borque-- obviou
Patrick Roy-- obvious
Adam Foote-- obvious
Carmelo Anthony-- obvious
Larry Walker-- obvious

Maybe it is, or maybe it isnt. It was the mecca in the 90s.

You're a joke, and Your list is a joke.

I did say Doc gooden twice, sorry.

Please retire from hating on NY, you're bad at it, and you don't have a leg to stand on.

NYC has always been the Mecca of basketball, Chicago was just lucky they had Jesus playing there in the 90's...and 80's.

You live in Chicago or you're from Chicago w/e, I get it. Its not a better sports town than NY or even Boston.

Ssshbliblibl00p
05-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Chicago is one low post scorer or one great player away from being stronger than the Celtics and the Hawks were this year. And adding a low post scorer to Miami would also make them formiddable...along with a PG because I assume Wade would sign then.

I see OKC and Lakers definitely being factors next year. LA might drop off depending on whether Kobe's bigger problem is injury or age. San Antionio could arrive at a steep decline very fast. They have 3 stars that have been around for a while. Id Dallas loses Nowitzki, they dont look as strong. Denver is kind of in limbo. If Phoenix loses Stoudemire that hurts. Its just with age and free agency, it seems like a lot of teams in the west could slip a lot next year.

"If Dallas loses Nowitzki they don't look strong"

"If Phoenix loses Stoudemire that hurts"

"LA might drop off depending on whether Kobe's bigger problem is injury or age"

Dude you are so profound my god.:clap::clap:

unreal

...this guy is good

DenButsu
05-03-2010, 11:49 PM
There have been too many personal jabs going back and forth
between posters in this thread.

I'm not going to go back and retroactively give infractions for all of it.

But from this point on, each and every case of
insulting other posters, baiting, trolling, etc.
in this thread will definitely be met with an infraction and/or ban.

So please, just stop it.

RipVW
05-04-2010, 12:13 AM
You're a joke, and Your list is a joke.

I did say Doc gooden twice, sorry.

Please retire from hating on NY, you're bad at it, and you don't have a leg to stand on.

NYC has always been the Mecca of basketball, Chicago was just lucky they had Jesus playing there in the 90's...and 80's.

You live in Chicago or you're from Chicago w/e, I get it. Its not a better sports town than NY or even Boston.

"If Dallas loses Nowitzki they don't look strong"

"If Phoenix loses Stoudemire that hurts"

"LA might drop off depending on whether Kobe's bigger problem is injury or age"

Dude you are so profound my god.:clap::clap:

unreal

...this guy is good

Youve made it perfectly clear that you're all hot air.

DenButsu
05-04-2010, 12:06 PM
This thread is going noplace. Perhaps because it's founded on nothing.
Anynow,/closed.