PDA

View Full Version : Should Dallas Rebuild The Team & Go With A Youth Movement?

R_O_W_E
05-01-2010, 09:17 AM
What do you guys think should happen with Dallas? They're in a tough position right now considering they have a starting 5 of veterans, each are 30+ but with their current core they are just unable to get through the Western Conference.

They have some financial constraints, and if they are going to upgrade they would have to package the expiring contracts of Butler/Dampier and possibly a player like RoBo. I just dont think you can win a Championship with Dirk as the #1 option, hes been the centerpiece of the team for several years and they've only gone so far. It might just be KG-syndrome in which a great player/future HOFer cant win a Championship until he can take a backseat basically as a role player with other good players around him.

With that being said, should Dallas "blow it up" as in trading away Kidd, Terry, Dirk, while moving some bad contracts like Najera & Carroll in the process.

With the young talent + picks they get in return from trading away their core players, Dallas could begin to put together a youth movement that can generate a lot of hope & promise in Dallas. Dallas could then keep Butler & Dampier as expensive expirers following the 2010-2011 season, and then see if they should sign a big time Free Agent to join their young nucleus.

Dallas could end up with a high pick in 2011, and end up getting someone like Harrison Barnes to build around. Similar to how the Sonics ended up getting Durant to build around during their rebuilding process which only took 3 seasons.

23Toros23
05-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Cuban made this team respectable i think that they are only a center away.

R_O_W_E
05-01-2010, 09:27 AM
Cuban made this team respectable i think that they are only a center away.

Centers aren't just hanging around on the street. I think they would be better with a good young Center too, but there aren't many in the league or available.