PDA

View Full Version : Did we all expect more from Denver?

DitchDat
05-01-2010, 06:46 AM
After their performance in last year's playoffs, I totally expected them to beat a depleted Utah team. Granted, Utah D-Will, Boozer and Millsap are playing phenomenal, but I still thought the Nugs to take this.

I'm not saying the Jazz are a bad team, just asking this question.

lakerboy
05-01-2010, 06:49 AM
The Nuggets of today is just a shadow of what it was last year. They already showed signs of slowing down in the end of the regular season (so did other teams like the Lakers,) but everyone thought all the good teams will step up. They couldn't--not with out George Karl.

ChiSox219
05-01-2010, 06:54 AM
The Nuggets weren't a beacon of discipline when they had a coach...

At times this year, they looked capable of beating anyone and they crushed the Lakers in LA without Carmelo. But the George Karl situation is tough and it certainly appears from the outside, that it has great affected the team.

R_O_W_E
05-01-2010, 08:48 AM
The Nuggets weren't a beacon of discipline when they had a coach...

At times this year, they looked capable of beating anyone and they crushed the Lakers in LA without Carmelo. But the George Karl situation is tough and it certainly appears from the outside, that it has great affected the team.

They just have too many guys on that team who get affected by emotions, I mean at one moment they're all playing at their highest of highs and look unbeatable and the next moment they're blowing a 15 point lead and they are self-destructing.

The Nuggets need to just rebuild with a young team to grow, dump Martin's expirer, dump Nene, and even dump Chauncey. This is just another example of why Carmelo will not ever be on the level of Kobe, LeBron, & Wade despite his production. None of those guys self destruct in the 4th quarter of games due to their emotions, and then complain about others being the reason they self destruct.

Raph12
05-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Karl's absence really hurt them, Billups, Afflalo and Nene didn't show up for most of the 1st round series... I wasn't expecting a Finals run or anything.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-01-2010, 11:16 AM
If Karl was there, I think they would have won.

That guy that replaced him isn't as good. He barely beat the Raptors.

heathonater
05-01-2010, 06:09 PM
thought the nuggets could take the next step this year, but they became a shell of themselves once karl had to leave.

Draco
05-01-2010, 06:12 PM
The only time I paid close attention to the Nugs was during last years playoffs and back then I thought that team reached it's peak.

Costra_Nostra
05-01-2010, 06:19 PM
I expected much more from them. I had them as the only team in the West who could knock off the Lakers, but them losing in the 1st round is totally unacceptable. The Lakers should be very happy about not facing them.

The Final Boss
05-01-2010, 06:41 PM
The mongers were saying Denver and Dallas were going to knock off the Lakers... Gone fishing... Go figure...

todu82
05-01-2010, 06:44 PM
I expected more from this this year, even before the playoffs began I thought they would come out of the West.

bahama0811
05-01-2010, 06:48 PM
I expected more but it is what it is. Without GK there's no discipline, even with Chauncey out there.

Denver-boy
05-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Well the difference was.

if BIRDMAN actually could defend, hes too beat up now, its ashame we paid him playing like he is now. so much for NEXT "Dennis Rodman"

Nene Cant defend, but he can pass. well isnt that the #1 thing we look for in a bigman. and he must have too small of hands cause he gets it stripped or loses it every 4 times out 5. he can dunk when he decided not to be a *****.

K-mart, Fouls more than he block or Steals. hes a good player when he wants to be. but never has it every game like his young self.

JR, well he take too many threes and once he cant get his shot down, he loses all he has to offer. he can be NBA top scorer if he knew when to shoot and at the right time, has hard time creating Space, Young and Dumb but has potential to be a ALL-STAR.

Carmelo isnt Jordan, he cant do it all, he needs help from his Bigs, And Billups every night.

Billups is the biggest disappointment. not that he isnt good, just he doesnt have his leadership and i think hes lost trust from his team mates. he take alot bad shots, shettles for long jump shots, and doesnt set exsample, id expected this cause he old, and he needs more from his Bigs. this dude had alot scorers in detriot. Wallace, and hamilton and Prince could get it done, besides Melo, you cant count on JR, Nene... Petro. and he had alot from Mcdyess, and Wallace.

I liked how Affalo played, undderated. Ty Lawson has impressed me too.

WE NEED AMARE!!!! WE NEED SOME BIG MEN!!!! LIKE I SAID BEFORE TRADE DEADLINE< NOW YOU KNOW FO!!! GET AMARE!! PLUS GET Dahtay Jones!! ashamed we didnt pay him but we paid old Bird!!

fadedmario
05-01-2010, 06:58 PM
I was dead wrong. I truly thought Denver was the only team that could possibly beat the Lakers.

Bruno
05-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Before playoffs everybody was saying Denver and Dallas were the biggest threats to LA in the west. Like everybody else, I'm surprised they were first round exits.

BkOriginalOne
05-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Nuggets were 3-1 this season against the Jazz (win in Utah)
They only loss coming under Dhantley.

Karl makes a huge difference. Notice how Anthony Carter didn't get any minutes (that's one of Karl's guys and a good defender).
With Karl, Nuggets get by.

Still, I expected much more. And I have a whole in my wall to prove it!

godolphins
05-01-2010, 07:53 PM
I tought that they might make it to the WCC.

DenButsu
05-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Yes.

evadatam5150
05-01-2010, 09:16 PM
After their performance in last year's playoffs, I totally expected them to beat a depleted Utah team. Granted, Utah D-Will, Boozer and Millsap are playing phenomenal, but I still thought the Nugs to take this.

I'm not saying the Jazz are a bad team, just asking this question.

Actually I expected a knife fight or a drive by from Denver at some point this season.. Other than that what's to expect.. I'll concede that they play the Lakers tough but I think they seemed to forget there are others teams who play in the West and may have looked past them..