PDA

View Full Version : Bosh asks Twitter followers: Should I stay, or should I go?

Wade_County
04-30-2010, 10:19 PM
TORONTO (AP) -- Chris Bosh is asking his Twitter followers to help decide his NBA future.

The five-time All-Star posted two messages to his almost 96,000 followers Friday night, ending a week of silence with a post that read: "Been wanting to ask. Where should I go next season and why?"

About an hour later, Bosh posted a second message that read: "Ok... Let me rephrase the question. Should I stay or should I go?"

Bosh is expected to opt out of the final year of his contract with the Toronto Raptors, leaving more than $17 million on the table, in order to join a free agent class that could also include LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Amare Stoudemire.

The seven-year veteran averaged career-highs with 24 points and 10.8 rebounds this year.

Copyright 2010 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/04/30/bosh.twitter.ap/index.html

LayZbone
04-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Yeah I found that to be weird. Why are u asking that over twitter? lol

Raps08-09 Champ
04-30-2010, 10:23 PM

Maybe he's just stirring up the pot.

Wade_County
04-30-2010, 10:25 PM

its his excuse for leaving tornoto.

RipVW
04-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Q1. Where should I play next year?

--correction--
Q2. Should I stay or go?

If people answer his original question, doesnt that take care of his second (revised) question?

Avenged
04-30-2010, 10:30 PM
Go!

Vinny642
04-30-2010, 10:33 PM
He will go to the Hornets in a S/T for West and expirings

TheKing23
04-30-2010, 10:33 PM
He is as good as gone from Toronto... The best Raptors fans can hope for now is some sort of sign and trade so they don't lose him for nothing.

*Silver&Black*
04-30-2010, 10:34 PM
First, I am no way a Raptors fan, nor do I even like them.

So with that being said, I find this to be a slap in the face to the Raptors and Raps fans. Seems like he is just thinking about himself (which yes I would do too and everyone on this board would as well:)), but the fact is, he is pushing the team and it's fans' to the side with this question. I know he is the "star" of that team, but dude needs to act like it and don't do stuff like posting franchise changing questions on a Twitter.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-30-2010, 10:36 PM
I think Bosh stays.

If he leaves, I will suck each and every single poster on this site.

And you can quote me on that.

Draco
04-30-2010, 10:36 PM
First, I am no way a Raptors fan, nor do I even like them.

So with that being said, I find this to be a slap in the face to the Raptors and Raps fans. Seems like he is just thinking about himself (which yes I would do too and everyone on this board would as well:)), but the fact is, he is pushing the team and it's fans' to the side with this question. I know he is the "star" of that team, but dude needs to act like it and don't do stuff like posting franchise changing questions on a Twitter.

Why not? The Raptors' season has been over for a few weeks now. Is Bosh supposed to not think about his decision until July 1st?

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-30-2010, 10:37 PM
He's an attention whore, he should def go to NY.

Wade_County
04-30-2010, 10:38 PM
I think Bosh stays.

Ill pass in advance

Ssshbliblibl00p
04-30-2010, 10:38 PM
I think Bosh stays.

Aye yo...

Pause

*Silver&Black*
04-30-2010, 10:39 PM
Why not? The Raptors' season has been over for a few weeks now. Is Bosh supposed to not think about his decision until July 1st?

Since that is the case, as a GM of the league, I wouldn't offer a huge contract to a guy who can't even get to the playoffs. But good luck to what ever team gets him.:rolleyes:

NYK_kidd77
04-30-2010, 10:39 PM
I think Bosh is gone but it will be through sign and trade.

JNA17
04-30-2010, 10:43 PM
I think Bosh stays.

i will bookmark this post and hold you to it ;)

Mr. Net32
04-30-2010, 10:44 PM
Yes Go! Go to LA, Miami, Chicago, or NY. Just get out of TO. I hate seeing good players on bad teams.

Rivera
04-30-2010, 10:45 PM
come to orlando bosh n be the perfect compliment to dwight!!!!!!!!!

Raps08-09 Champ
04-30-2010, 10:46 PM
i will bookmark this post and hold you to it ;)

Ok. Just say when.

BTW, to any Bulls fans, I'm still massaging nuts.

thescore53

you wish

PatsSoxKnicks
I think Bosh stays.

Ok, you better get started because there is no way he's going back to Toronto. And before you get on me and say "oh a knicks fan who thinks Bosh is going to NY", I actually think he's going to Miami. Especially because it's looking like Amare may resign in Phoenix.

I'm sorry that you're in denial but the first thing you as Raptors fans have to do is accept the fact that Bosh isn't coming back to Toronto. I mean look at his original question, he only rephrased it because he probably realized how it made Raptors fans feel.

thescore53
04-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Ok, you better get started because there is no way he's going back to Toronto. And before you get on me and say "oh a knicks fan who thinks Bosh is going to NY", I actually think he's going to Miami. Especially because it's looking like Amare may resign in Phoenix.

I'm sorry that you're in denial but the first thing you as Raptors fans have to do is accept the fact that Bosh isn't coming back to Toronto. I mean look at his original question, he only rephrased it because he probably realized how it made Raptors fans feel.

good for you, good luck in the offseason

thescore53
04-30-2010, 10:53 PM
Yes Go! Go to LA, Miami, Chicago, or NY. Just get out of TO. I hate seeing good players on bad teams.

please dont say your a nets fan, just incase you are :facepalm:, if your not, then stfu

Raps08-09 Champ
04-30-2010, 10:56 PM

I'm on my knees right now.

But there is always the chance. Carter was in the same situation and was suppose to leave via free agency but ended up resigning with the Raptors.

ldc62
04-30-2010, 10:56 PM
I think Bosh stays.

LOLOLOL get ready then because I seriously think Bosh is leaving... and I have been a long time supporter of the Raps. Realistically the Raptors are 3-5 years away from being a Championship contender.

ldc62
04-30-2010, 10:58 PM
I'm on my knees right now.

But there is always the chance. Carter was in the same situation and was suppose to leave via free agency but ended up resigning with the Raptors.

Similar but VC loved TO more... he set up charity events to promote Toronto to American players...

thescore53
04-30-2010, 10:58 PM
LOLOLOL get ready then because I seriously think Bosh is leaving... and I have been a long time supporter of the Raps. Realistically the Raptors are 3-5 years away from being a Championship contender.

3-5 years really i was thinking more 50-60 years

ldc62
04-30-2010, 10:59 PM
I don't know why Bosh is doing this outside of getting attention. Is he becoming an attention whore like the Queen??? Because I seriously doubt he will take fans seriously on Twitter....

ldc62
04-30-2010, 10:59 PM
3-5 years really i was thinking more 50-60 years

Well Im feeling Optimistic....

Draco
04-30-2010, 11:01 PM

lol.. it seems like fans of every team that has at least one good player thinks they're somewhere between 2-5 years away from contending. Question is.. if Bosh leaves, who ya got?

thescore53
04-30-2010, 11:01 PM
Similar but VC loved TO more... he set up charity events to promote Toronto to American players...

VC did all he can for T.O the management weren't on his balls enough as they are on bosh's now, BC would truly bend over for bosh any day

Raps08-09 Champ
04-30-2010, 11:02 PM
VC did all he can for T.O the management weren't on his balls enough as they are on bosh's now, BC would truly bend over for bosh any day

That's 1 thing me and BC have in common.

ldc62
04-30-2010, 11:03 PM

Don't forget Triano!

thescore53
04-30-2010, 11:03 PM
lol.. it seems like fans of every team that has at least one good player thinks they're somewhere between 2-5 years away from contending. Question is.. if Bosh leaves, who ya got?

no he was being optimistic seriously even with bosh we arent winning it for another 30 years lol, unless we draft some beast

JNA17
04-30-2010, 11:07 PM
i can only imagine the love for bargs tripling if bosh leaves. lol

kikeyanez
04-30-2010, 11:09 PM
hes goin to sign to the clippers an team up with baron davis

thescore53
04-30-2010, 11:09 PM
i can only imagine the love for bargs tripling if bosh leaves. lol

no.... unless he can play D, but thats like asking peter not to be ********

thescore53
04-30-2010, 11:10 PM

ha..... ha....... ha..... ha... o your serious

Raps08-09 Champ
04-30-2010, 11:11 PM

Wrong.

Calderon and Banks for Davis.

Then he teams up with Davis in T.O.

Mr. Net32
04-30-2010, 11:12 PM
please dont say your a nets fan, just incase you are :facepalm:, if your not, then stfu

Are you still mad about Vince Carter? Let it go dog! We don't even have him anymore. Good luck May 18

ldc62
04-30-2010, 11:12 PM
I can't wait till FA is over. I just really hope 1 team outta Knicks, Heat and Bulls get no one.

ldc62
04-30-2010, 11:13 PM
Are you still mad about Vince Carter? Let it go dog! We don't even have him anymore. Good luck May 18

I'm pretty sure no one is mad at the Nets after this season.... I don't like them at all, unless they get Wall....

SA5195
04-30-2010, 11:16 PM

Bargs, Derozan, Weems and Amir Johnson.

But I can't see any of them (maybe a little Demar) being a franchise player, and leading this team to victory.

So we don't have a player that's ready, Bargs said he's ready but he's inconsistent. No one wants a inconsistent leader.

But those players do have a load of potential, but we don't know if it's enough :shrug:

thescore53
04-30-2010, 11:17 PM

im not mad i knew he was gonna leave at the moment , it was a good move for him raptors refused to do **** for him

whats on may 18, draft lottery?? if it is than you need alll the help in the world

Raps08-09 Champ
04-30-2010, 11:18 PM

I think he was talking about the fact that you were bashing the Raps saying you hate good players on bad teams.

So I guess Lopez and Harris should leave.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-30-2010, 11:19 PM

So Lopez and Harris should leave?

thescore53
04-30-2010, 11:21 PM
^^^ why did you repeat the same thing

Rego247
04-30-2010, 11:22 PM
So Lopez and Harris should leave?

lmao nice. i cant believe nets fans sometimes :facepalm:

Mr. Net32
04-30-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm pretty sure no one is mad at the Nets after this season.... I don't like them at all, unless they get Wall....

Ever heard of tanking? It worked for the Celtics. They won it all the following year. No doubt in my mind we have a better team than the Raptors.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-30-2010, 11:23 PM
^^^ why did you repeat the same thing

So he'd get the retardedness in his statement.

faridk89
04-30-2010, 11:24 PM
I think Bosh stays.

your are about to get quoted in my sig along with a leaf fan from the beginning of the season :)

thescore53
04-30-2010, 11:24 PM
Ever heard of tanking? It worked for the Celtics. They won it all the following year. No doubt in my mind we have a better team than the Raptors.

thats why we blowed you out without bosh on your court

Rego247
04-30-2010, 11:25 PM

on what planet do u spend most of your time?

:facepalm:

which is why u had the worst record right, cuz u were the better team?

Raps08-09 Champ
04-30-2010, 11:25 PM

Lol.

That was no tanking. If they tanked, they would have the worst record in NBA history.

They did everything in their power to win those 13 or whatever games.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-30-2010, 11:26 PM
your are about to get quoted in my sig along with a leaf fan from the beginning of the season :)

Of course.

Anything to spread my name.

PatsSoxKnicks
04-30-2010, 11:27 PM

You think your team was tanking? hahahahhaaha. Wow, Nets fans are more delusional then I thought. Tanking means you win around 20 games and try to get the worst record in the NBA, NOT PUSHING THE RECORD FOR THE WORST TEAM EVER. Lol. Seriously, you almost witnessed the WORST TEAM EVER. That is not tanking, that is suckage. You think the Nets WANT to be the worst team ever?

Tanking is what the Heat and Celtics did, when they were the worst team in the NBA but not the worst team ever. No one wants that distinction. Your Nets were pretty close, what were they the 2nd worst team ever?

PatsSoxKnicks
04-30-2010, 11:29 PM
thats why we blowed you out without bosh on your court

Shhhhh the Nets were tanking. They wanted to be known as the worst team in NBA history. Or at the very least, the 2nd worst team ever. lol

D1JM
04-30-2010, 11:30 PM
wow a nets fan saying they have a better team than the Raptors LOL

Rego247
04-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Shhhhh the Nets were tanking. They wanted to be known as the worst team in NBA history. Or at the very least, the 2nd worst team ever. lol

lmao how can any net fan afford to be that delusional

thescore53
04-30-2010, 11:35 PM
wow a nets fan saying they have a better team than the Raptors LOL

i know right, preposterous

PatsSoxKnicks
04-30-2010, 11:37 PM

lol because their Nets fans.....

I'll admit for awhile I thought they might be tanking but after the ridiculous amounts of losses piled up, I realized no team wants to be this bad. I mean when you tank, you try to have 15-20 wins and the worst record in the NBA. You DON'T try to be the worst team in NBA history. No, that was just suckage.

Besides, tanking doesn't mean you have to lose by 30 points every game.

Mr. Net32
04-30-2010, 11:41 PM

We have more peices than you guys but you're entitled your opinion. If Bosh leaves it will be it's gonna be 3-5 years before you make the playoffs again. If you get lucky in the lottery than things may change faster. You have NO trade assets. NOONE wants Hedo. You have no cap space. How are you guys in a better situation than us?

thescore53
04-30-2010, 11:48 PM
We have more peices than you guys but you're entitled your opinion. If Bosh leaves it will be it's gonna be 3-5 years before you make the playoffs again. If you get lucky in the lottery than things may change faster. You have NO trade assets. NOONE wants Hedo. You have no cap space. How are you guys in a better situation than us?

cause you have literally one good player lol, charles said even a dleague team could win 15 games, so i wouldnt talk untill next season starts , the whole right to gloat about your team has been taken from you go sit in the corner disgrace

Mr. Net32
04-30-2010, 11:50 PM
cause you have literally one good player lol

I'd beg to differ but with that logic then we're equal... Until July 1st that is

AntwanN21
04-30-2010, 11:55 PM
I heard Bosh is going to Europe anyways........ lol

ldc62
05-01-2010, 12:28 AM
I dont disagree with Mr.Net. If they land Wall, they can trade Harris for more pieces. Having a PG and C that can play is extremely important. Something the Raptors need to address... this is coming from Raps fan.

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
05-01-2010, 12:55 AM
its a rhetorical question... hes obviously not staying

ryder78c
05-01-2010, 01:51 AM
Nets will most likely have a good team after this years draft and free agency.....if i was the nets i would trade CDR and keep harris and and play Harris at the 2 and wall at the point then try signing Bosh and a Small forward

lopez
Bosh

Harris
Wall

Kingz4L
05-01-2010, 02:03 AM
Come to Sac-Town Bosh!! haha

jeter 2
05-01-2010, 02:05 AM
cause you have literally one good player lol, charles said even a dleague team could win 15 games, so i wouldnt talk untill next season starts , the whole right to gloat about your team has been taken from you go sit in the corner disgrace

I'm going to defend the Nets fan stating that the Nets are a better sitution. Although they had a horrible year, they have a lot of cap space and a high draft pick. Therefore, they have a great chance of making the playoffs next year whereas the Raptors cannot really make any big moves to help Bosh. The signings of Calderon, Turk and Bargs have not really worked out. However, if it was me, I would rather play in the city of Toronto than Newark. Honestly, Chris Bosh should be looking at New York, Chicago and Miami.

GrandDaddyPurp
05-01-2010, 02:07 AM

Yes !

thescore53
05-01-2010, 08:23 AM

didnt you hear bosh already said helllllll noooooo to that

http://basketball.******.com/src_wiretap_archives/65285/20100311/bosh_jack_stave_off_sacramento_fans_recruitment/

ok link doesnt work, go to google and type chis bosh hell no ,

thescore53
05-01-2010, 08:24 AM
:laugh: says the guy on his second account.

whats his other account

VCaintdead17
05-01-2010, 10:16 AM

I could actually see the Hornets as a possible destination. Although I think the trade would be Okafor+Darren Collison+Peja for Bosh, Calderon and Bellinelli.

OG "Dee" LOCc
05-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Would a Dirk - Bosh combination ever work?

Raph12
05-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Chitown, here he comes!

Mr.Chi-Town
05-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Chitown, here he comes!

:clap:

slapnutz69
05-01-2010, 10:57 AM

couldnt have said it better myself

slapnutz69
05-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Chitown, here he comes!

ya riiiiite

slapnutz69
05-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Would a Dirk - Bosh combination ever work?

no

Baller1
05-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Go win a ring with the Thunder Bosh.

magichatnumber9
05-01-2010, 11:23 AM
He's an attention whore, he should def go to NY.

Yes he certainly is

sep11ie
05-01-2010, 11:33 AM
I think Bosh stays.

If my sig now wasn't better I would sig quote you on that.

sep11ie
05-01-2010, 11:34 AM
And what the heck is this Twitter thing? Is it new?

Daze9900
05-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Come to New York.

SA5195
05-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Screw MIA, CHI, NY, HOU.

He's going to Mars!

Raps08-09 Champ
05-01-2010, 12:00 PM
If my sig now wasn't better I would sig quote you on that.

That quote is light years ahead of mine.

I gotta step up my game.

sep11ie
05-01-2010, 12:15 PM
That quote is light years ahead of mine.

I gotta step up my game.

Take it bro. Run with it.

IndiansFan337
05-01-2010, 12:24 PM
He should go, if he wants to be a winner. Even though it will make it tougher for my Cavs in the Eastern Conference.

Sly Guy
05-01-2010, 12:43 PM
too much homosexuality in this thread for my tastes.

Sadds The Gr8
05-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Bosh is leaving kids. And lol @ the Nets fan saying they had a better team than us, which is why we swept them...

Are they in a better situation? Most likely, but no way are they the better team right now...

Sadds The Gr8
05-01-2010, 12:44 PM
too much homosexuality in this thread for my tastes.

:laugh2:

Valkyrie
05-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Bosh is leaving kids. And lol @ the Nets fan saying they had a better team than us, which is why we swept them...

Are they in a better situation? Most likely, but no way are they the better team right now...

Where do you think he ends up?

Sadds The Gr8
05-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Where do you think he ends up?

I think Miami first, then Chicago 2nd. I think Miami would be a little bit better because he will have Wade who is a proven champion/winner and won't have to wait for any young player to improve. He can go there and that team can be an immediate threat. I think they'll need to sign 1 more guy though....Wade and Bosh alone can't lead them to a title.

BlinkManJan02
05-01-2010, 01:00 PM
So he'd get the retardedness in his statement.

hahaha this poster is hilarious.

and obviously bosh just wanted to get a rise out of people on twitter. if he took anyones advice on there seriously he is a tool.

AddiX
05-01-2010, 01:18 PM
I don't even want Bosh in NY, paying that much money for a big man who doesn't play D and isnt a leader is crazy. I can't expect him to improve the Knicks when the Raptors were that bad with the team they had this year.

m26555
05-01-2010, 01:24 PM
The fact that he is asking this over Twitter cannot be good news for Toronto.

ldc62
05-01-2010, 02:27 PM
I don't even want Bosh in NY, paying that much money for a big man who doesn't play D and isnt a leader is crazy. I can't expect him to improve the Knicks when the Raptors were that bad with the team they had this year.

Keep that attitude because the Knicks are going to be paying Boozer the max and thats all they are getting. Thanks for giving us your draft picks for the next 2 years (1s a swap).

ldc62
05-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Attention whore for sure.... BTW his follower amount just went up by like 2500+ (he did not have 100000 followers yesterday).

ldc62
05-01-2010, 02:28 PM
I think Miami first, then Chicago 2nd. I think Miami would be a little bit better because he will have Wade who is a proven champion/winner and won't have to wait for any young player to improve. He can go there and that team can be an immediate threat. I think they'll need to sign 1 more guy though....Wade and Bosh alone can't lead them to a title.

I agree but if they can get some cheap quality players then yes they could win a title. But that goes without saying.

abe_froman
05-01-2010, 02:31 PM
i think his first message pretty much tells you he's gone,he just wants alot of attention and outpouringt to feed his ego before he does

AntwanN21
05-01-2010, 02:39 PM
wow, over analyzing it a little too much, he clearly upset toronto fans with his first tweet and then realized it sounded like toronto was not an option. He clearly made a mistake and fixed it with his second tweet. Do you really think he cares about the attention on twitter. At the end of the day Bosh will have fans wherever he goes, this was not a chance to grab attention or what not.If he wanted attention, he would have said that hes not going back to TO, but hey thats just my opinion.

iFYouSeekAmy
05-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Bundle of Sticks..

xxcubs22xx
05-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Heat have Wade.

Chicago has both Noah and Rose.

chicago would definitely be first option over toronto for many reasons anyway

footballer2369
05-01-2010, 05:14 PM
I think Bosh stays.

You just want to suck some dick ;).

It's ok.

Sadds The Gr8
05-01-2010, 05:19 PM
I agree but if they can get some cheap quality players then yes they could win a title. But that goes without saying.

yea just surround them with decent scorers, defenders, 3pt shooters, and tough/gritty guys.

thescore53
05-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Heat have Wade.

Chicago has both Noah and Rose.

chicago would definitely be first option over toronto for many reasons anyway

ok he's leaving we get it stop rubbing it in :cry: