PDA

View Full Version : Wizards interested in Beasley?

*Superman*
04-30-2010, 08:53 PM
According to a league source, the Wizards are open to acquiring Michael Beasley from the Heat this off-season.

The Heat is looking to create more salary cap room and the former second-overall pick struggled at times during his second season in Miami.

The Wizards' front office, which could have more than $21 million in cap room to use this summer, has mixed views on Beasley's game.

Beasley is a Maryland native.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/30/AR2010043001450.html

Raps08-09 Champ
04-30-2010, 08:55 PM
Beasley for Arenas ;)

iggypop123
04-30-2010, 09:25 PM
just a salary dump? mcgee and and a second rounder?

hugepatsfan
04-30-2010, 09:25 PM
I think MIA should deal Beasely to WAS in a 3 team deal. W/ the cap room, they could get WAS to take on a bad deal from the 3rd team and keep a good player for themselves.

LayZbone
04-30-2010, 09:33 PM
If it's a salary dump, Daequan Cook and James Jones HAVE to be included as well. That way the Heat have no one under contract for next year, and can retain Wade PLUS 2 more big stars.

bal_ravens
04-30-2010, 09:45 PM
For McGee? Yeaaaah no....

I dont think they really want Beasley anyway.

abe_froman
04-30-2010, 09:48 PM
salary dump is a bad idea,now i get the heat are hopeful and all but as the saying goes "hope for the best,plan for the worst".if they strike out it'll sink that franchise for god knows how long...

emman03
04-30-2010, 09:49 PM
blatche or foye + thorton for beasley + cook

deal for me...

foye can be our pg
or
blatche can be or c

+

thornton can be our sf (he is young high flyer strong dunker with a shooting he can defend too...)

lets get it on...

beasley role with wizard will be jamison younger version

LayZbone
04-30-2010, 09:53 PM
salary dump is a bad idea,now i get the heat are hopeful and all but as the saying goes "hope for the best,plan for the worst".if they strike out it'll sink that franchise for god knows how long...

true that. the franchise has to protect itself, and if all goes to worst (we lose Wade and strike out on other max guys), Beasley's a solid building block for the excruciating future.

jimbobjarree
04-30-2010, 09:54 PM
blatche or foye + thorton for beasley + cook

deal for me...

foye can be our pg
or
blatche can be or c

+

thornton can be our sf (he is young high flyer strong dunker with a shooting he can defend too...)

lets get it on...

beasley role with wizard will be jamison younger version

lol

LayZbone
04-30-2010, 10:01 PM
if any team in the league wants the 18th pick in the draft, they can have it. As long as they eat the contracts of Jones/Cook.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-30-2010, 10:04 PM
Beasley for Weems.

Master Mind
04-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Didn't Blatche have some kind of run in with the coaching staff at some point?

iggypop123
04-30-2010, 10:10 PM
If it's a salary dump, Daequan Cook and James Jones HAVE to be included as well. That way the Heat have no one under contract for next year, and can retain Wade PLUS 2 more big stars.

then they wont do the deal. they have cap room too. they want in the FA as well

LayZbone
04-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Didn't Blatche have some kind of run in with the coaching staff at some point?

yeah he refused to play. then there was the time where he tried to whore himself for a triple double. I cant stand Blatche. Keep him away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDzRvZcFn48

SA5195
04-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Beasley for Weems.

Then they release Weems, or we wait for another season and get Weems back. lol I wouldn't mind Beasley :shrug:

LayZbone
04-30-2010, 10:12 PM
then they wont do the deal. they have cap room too. they want in the FA as well

Just an idea for any team that has the cap space, but just isn't desirable enough to lure a top FA. Washington, Minnesota, Sacramento, New Jersey....

Raps08-09 Champ
04-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Then they release Weems, or we wait for another season and get Weems back. lol I wouldn't mind Beasley :shrug:

Why would they release him when he gets paid under a mil?

And he's got some talent so they would probably resign him

LayZbone
04-30-2010, 10:15 PM
Like I said, the Heat aren't just trying to dump Beasley for scraps. They want more cap room, but the main issue is to try and get rid of Daequan Cook and James Jones (who has a partially guaranteed contract). They'll probably look to package 1 or both of them with the 18th pick before they think about trading Beasley.

My ideal trade would be Cook/Jones/18th pick for a future 2nd, to any team that will take that.

Mr. Net32
04-30-2010, 10:34 PM
Just an idea for any team that has the cap space, but just isn't desirable enough to lure a top FA. Washington, Minnesota, Sacramento,Brooklyn....

Brooklyn is a very desireable location. You guys can keep B-easy. But I do hope Wade gets a running mate cuz he never gets the respect due. There's noone currently playing that had a better NBA Finals than Wade.

LayZbone
04-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Brooklyn is a very desireable location.

Oh for sure, but when are they gonna move there?

emman03
04-30-2010, 10:43 PM
Dynasty!!!

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/emman_arce/champ-1.jpg

Mr. Net32
04-30-2010, 10:53 PM
Oh for sure, but when are they gonna move there?

It's gonna take 2seasons but people don't realize the arena they will play in for the next 2 years is less than 15 minutes from MSG. And thats including NY traffic.

LayZbone
04-30-2010, 10:58 PM
It's gonna take 2seasons but people don't realize the arena they will play in for the next 2 years is less than 15 minutes from MSG. And thats including NY traffic.

hmmmm didnt know that.

TheKing23
04-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Nobody crucify me for saying this but the Wiz are in one of the best positions in the league when it comes to this summer.

If they could package something like Nick Young and the 30th pick for Beasley, then somehow get lucky and get a top 3 pick (they've got the 5th best chance at #1 at 10.9%) and draft Evan Turner or DeMarcus Cousins, they'd have a bunch of young, talented guys and about $19 million in cap room (assuming they decline Josh Howard's $11.8 million team option).

PG: Randy Foye
SG: Evan Turner
SF: Michael Beasley
PF: Carlos Boozer? Amar'e Stoudemire?
C: Javale McGee

With Blatche and Thornton coming off the bench.

Or

SG: Joe Johnson?
PF: Andray Blatche
C: DeMarcus Cousins

With Thorton and McGee off the bench.

I think both of those teams could make the playoffs.

This is all with Gilbert's mammoth contract on the books, so if they could rid themselves of that they'd be in an even better position.

Obviously all these things happening is extremely unlikely and there are a ton of IF's, but I think it just shows that the Wizards aren't in as big of a rut as some think.

LayZbone
04-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Nobody crucify me for saying this but the Wiz are in one of the best positions in the league when it comes to this summer.

If they could package something like Nick Young and the 30th pick for Beasley, then somehow get lucky and get a top 3 pick (they've got the 5th best chance at #1 at 10.9%) and draft Evan Turner or DeMarcus Cousins, they'd have a bunch of young, talented guys and about $19 million in cap room (assuming they decline Josh Howard's $11.8 million team option).

SG: Evan Turner
PF: Carlos Boozer? Amar'e Stoudemire?
C: Javale McGee

With Blatche and Thornton coming off the bench.

Or

SG: Joe Johnson?
PF: Andray Blatche
C: DeMarcus Cousins

With Thorton and McGee off the bench.

I think both of those teams could make the playoffs.

This is all with Gilbert's mammoth contract on the books, so if they could rid themselves of that they'd be in an even better position.

Obviously all these things happening is extremely unlikely and there are a ton of IF's, but I think it just shows that the Wizards aren't in as big of a rut as some think.

I don't think that deal gets it done for Beasley, at all. If he's gone, its for a PG, C, SF, or cap-relief (packaged with Cook/Jones). Also, Beasley can't play SF, we tried it.

TheKing23
04-30-2010, 11:22 PM
I don't think that deal gets it done for Beasley, at all. If he's gone, its for a PG, C, SF, or cap-relief (packaged with Cook/Jones). Also, Beasley can't play SF, we tried it.

Ok, well maybe swap Nick Young with McGee or Foye and even throw in one Cook or Jones. Start Thornton at SF and have Beasley coming off the bench or starting at the 4.

I'm not saying these deals are gonna go down, i'm just using some of these deals as an example of the nice position the Wizards have worked for themselves when it comes to young talent, cap room and draft picks.

LayZbone
04-30-2010, 11:23 PM
Ok, well maybe swap Nick Young with McGee or Foye and even throw in one Cook or Jones. Start Thornton at SF and have Beasley coming off the bench or starting at the 4.

I'm not saying these deals are gonna go down, i'm just using some of these deals as an example of the nice position the Wizards have worked for themselves when it comes to young talent, cap room and draft picks.

agreed, i dont think the Wiz are screwed. It'll be an interesting off-season for them.

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
05-01-2010, 12:58 AM
Beasley for Arenas ;)

Wade and Arenas on one team... some1 is deff going to get shot

ldc62
05-01-2010, 01:14 AM
A team of Blatche and Beasley is a recipe for disaster. Both guys only care about stats.

robdizzle3
05-01-2010, 02:06 AM
Unless they offer Arenas im not thinking about it, though Beasley hurt his status a bit. The Heat shoulda traded him for Amare when they had the chance and just resigned Amare, because they wouldve been able to offer him alot of money. But you could still get something valuable for him.

Master Mind
05-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Unless they offer Arenas im not thinking about it, though Beasley hurt his status a bit. The Heat shoulda traded him for Amare when they had the chance and just resigned Amare, because they wouldve been able to offer him alot of money. But you could still get something valuable for him.

I doubt they trade Arenas...But I agree the Heat should have traded for Stat long time ago but I also agree with the notion of waiting til free agency begins which Miami is in great position to acquire possibly 2 max players and trading Beasley for a good player...

Raph12
05-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Stuff

You always seem to be up-to-date on the Beasley front lol.

Evolution23
05-02-2010, 06:42 AM
what team wants garbage beasely?

jackdawson
05-02-2010, 07:26 AM
what team wants garbage beasely?

14.8 ppg, 6.4 rbs as the 2nd/3rd man on a 5th seed team is garbage? If that's a true standard for garbage, then we can say the whole Knicks (11th seed) team is garbage.

gfixer33
05-02-2010, 08:10 AM
knicks suck ewing would still be best player on knicks.lol

Miltown34
05-02-2010, 08:15 AM
just swap picks Miami's 1st, one of there 2 seconds, cash considerations, Beasley for Wiz 5th overall pick

Miltown34
05-02-2010, 08:16 AM
14.8 ppg, 6.4 rbs as the 2nd/3rd man on a 5th seed team is garbage? If that's a true standard for garbage, then we can say the whole Knicks (11th seed) team is garbage.

true, I mean just because dude is the Number 2 pick doesn't mean 15 pts and 6-7 rebs is garbage..he's a solid player maybe a 4th option on a team, but I think he takes more flack than he should get

save the knicks
05-02-2010, 08:22 AM
arnt Beasley and Blatch the same guy?

footballer2369
05-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Only Beasley is younger and better, and definitely has better character despite his original slip ups...and Blatche is a couple inches taller.

I do it if I can land Howard and/or McGee (McGee being the prefered option if we can only get one) while dumping Jones and Cook...

If not, keep him...

dbeastly
05-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Give me Arenas and im good. And to anyone who claims Arenas just jacks 3's and he doesn't know how to play PG.......He is a better PG than Arroyo,Chalmers and a better shooter than anyone on our team. Let him shoot of Wade's penetration, that's exactly what we need.

awr0430
05-02-2010, 01:14 PM
No way i want Arenas because of his contract. It just wouldnt make good business.

1-800-STFU
05-02-2010, 01:32 PM

But they are :shrug:

*Superman*
05-02-2010, 01:38 PM
But they are :shrug:

:laugh2:

Bad comparison by that guy.

sep11ie
05-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Arenas would poop in his bag of weed.

Hawkeye15
05-02-2010, 02:49 PM
arnt Beasley and Blatch the same guy?

I would prefer Blatche over Beasley right now, he has shown he is starting to get it, where as Beasley hasnt

beasted86
05-02-2010, 03:32 PM
I would prefer Blatche over Beasley right now, he has shown he is starting to get it, where as Beasley hasnt

Maybe because he's been in the NBA 5yrs now, while Beasley has only been in it for 2yrs? :confused:

Maybe it's because Blatche is 23 while Beasley is 21? :confused:

Maybe it's because Blatche is now the #1 option and allowed free reign since he's no longer on a playoff contending team, while Beasley is on the Heat which still is? :confused:

Blatche = Beasley. Same slow development, same work ethic/coachability/maturity problems, same off court red flags. They are really identical.

Hawkeye15
05-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Maybe because he's been in the NBA 5yrs now, while Beasley has only been in it for 2yrs? :confused:

Maybe it's because Blatche is 23 while Beasley is 21? :confused:

Maybe it's because Blatche is now the #1 option and allowed free reign since he's no longer on a playoff contending team, while Beasley is on the Heat which still is? :confused:

Blatche = Beasley. Same slow development, same work ethic/coachability/maturity problems, same off court red flags. They are really identical.

nope. It cause I prefer 6'11" energy players who have showed efficiency along with their potential. And being a 1st opion may help Beasley per game stats, but his efficiency would be even worse, so what would the point be?
And they are very similar, which is why I take the taller one who shoots close to the basket vs the smaller one who chucks 18 footers all night

J-Relo
05-02-2010, 03:50 PM
does Beasley have a triple double in his pocket?

Jays Claw
05-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Michael Beasley could do well in Washington.

Jays Claw
05-02-2010, 04:00 PM
From the look of it, Michael Beasley would be playing for his home town team.

He was born in Frederick, Maryland.

Ethix11
05-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Beasley will stay in Miami and be the 3rd/4th option. Once he gets it, he will climb up that ladder, theres no rush.

hgtiger32
05-02-2010, 08:14 PM
haha funny that the wizards fans think they can sign some big-name free agents...im a big fan of the city of D.C. -loved that place and i would be estatic if they got some of these big name FA's but i doubt that would happen...

since they have sooo much cap or what not-they should do this deal for beasley. make miami throw in the 18th pick...this way the wizards get beasley who still has lots of potential, a lottery pick, and the 18th pick...they can build around beasley and the picks