PDA

View Full Version : Should the NBA Boycott Arizona?

RaiderLakersA's
04-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Given Arizona's passage of of SB1070 (hailed as the most effective anti-immigration law ever by it's supporters; or as one of the most racist pieces of legislation since the Jim Crow era by it's detractors)...

...and in light of participation by the Phoenix Suns in the NBA playoffs...

... and given the possibility that the Suns could advance to the NBA Finals, further bringing the attention of the world media to the state of Arizona...

... should the NBA boycott Arizona by moving all of the Suns' games for the remainder of the playoffs and NBA Finals (if they should advance that far) to a neutral site outside of the state?

Thoughts?

What brought this topic to mind is that the MLB is considering a boycott of sorts. And of course we can't forget the NFL also stripped Phoenix of the 1993 Super Bowl because the state refused to recognize the MLK, Jr. Holiday. I know, I know, different leagues, but you wonder if the NBA is considering some action.

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/immigration-law-cost-arizona-star-game-push-boycott/story?id=10511724

abe_froman
04-30-2010, 04:31 PM
steve nash is getting deported

Bashna
04-30-2010, 04:33 PM
That would be ridiculous...

S.J.Basketball
04-30-2010, 04:33 PM
What...?

R_O_W_E
04-30-2010, 04:36 PM
brb going on a spiritual journey to enlighten the mind while reading writings of Aristotle for 10 years and still not understanding why this thread was made.

Raoul Duke
04-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Given Arizona's passage of of SB1070 (hailed as the most effective anti-immigration law ever by it's supporters; or as one of the most racist pieces of legislation since the Jim Crow era by it's detractors)...

... and given the possibility that the Suns could advance to the NBA Finals, further bringing the attention of the world media to the state of Arizona...

... should the NBA boycott Arizona by moving all of the Suns' games for the remainder of the playoffs and NBA Finals (if they should advance that far) to a neutral site outside of the state?

Thoughts?

I'm not from Arizona and I'm not a big news buff, so I don't know all the specifics on that particular piece of legislation. I do, however, know that it's been met with overwhelming support from documented immigrants working in Arizona. I also hear that it is supposedly an attempt to curb the rise in crime due to Mexican drug cartels operating out of the area (kidnappings have skyrocketed there).

I'm not saying I support the legislation, but that's what I've heard about it so far. If you can provide me with a link or just some extra info on it, I'd be appreciative.

Hellcrooner
04-30-2010, 04:38 PM
No , mixing sports with politics is never a good thing.

And im sure not ALL arizonans support that Law so it would be unfair for them.

RipVW
04-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Not everyone disagrees with this legislation, including some NBA fans. So, why should they become involved with this at all?

SunsFanIam
04-30-2010, 04:55 PM
This has to be the dumbest thing I have read. So you think the Suns should be punished for something the state passed? I am in Arizona and caucasian, and I do not agree with the bill, but to say take away a sporting event because people don't agree with it is dumb. I am sure there are some laws that California has that people don't agree with, but you don't see people taking away Lakers games. Example is their marijuana laws. I agree with hellcrooner. Don't mix sports and politics.

SteveNash
04-30-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm not from Arizona and I'm not a big news buff, so I don't know all the specifics on that particular piece of legislation. I do, however, know that it's been met with overwhelming support from documented immigrants working in Arizona. I also hear that it is supposedly an attempt to curb the rise in crime due to Mexican drug cartels operating out of the area (kidnappings have skyrocketed there).

I'm not saying I support the legislation, but that's what I've heard about it so far. If you can provide me with a link or just some extra info on it, I'd be appreciative.

What?

The reason it's a problem is that it is racial profiling. White people don't have a problem with it because they won't be getting harassed by the police. And the NBA should boycott Arizona.

RaiderLakersA's
04-30-2010, 05:03 PM
If you can provide me with a link or just some extra info on it, I'd be appreciative.

Sure thing. The actual document is here under "Bill Versions":

http://www.azleg.gov/DocumentsForBill.asp?Bill_Number=1070

The controversy is best summed up in this fashion, as many who oppose it do so on grounds that it is a convenient mask for racial profiling and targeting of non-Whites :

What Does the Signing of Arizona's Immigration Bill SB1070 Mean for America?

Called one of the 'toughest legislations in the nation', the law means that all immigrants in Arizona must now carry their alien registration documents and it means that police can question anyone they think may be in the United States illegally. It will also address people that knowingly hire illegal immigrants or who transport them.

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/arizona-immigration-bill-sb1070-what-does-it-mean-2609772.html

Given the public outcry, I wonder how/if the NBA will respond.

DerekRE_3
04-30-2010, 05:18 PM
nope

Atticus Finch
04-30-2010, 05:19 PM
What?

The reason it's a problem is that it is racial profiling. White people don't have a problem with it because they won't be getting harassed by the police. And the NBA should boycott Arizona.

A minority of the country is actually against the bill. A grand total of 40 people showed up to the Arizona/Cubs game earlier this week to protest And plenty of documented immigrants support the bill as well, I've talked to more then a few of them in just the past couple days. Might seem hypocritical, but its the illegal immigrants that make it harder for people to come to this country legally, so there is a level of resentment there.

Anyways this has nothing to do with the NBA. And I don't see how placing sanctions on another state, let alone a professional sports franchise, is going to solve anything. In 2 weeks nobody will care anyways

heathonater
04-30-2010, 05:24 PM
no way.

Young and Stupid
04-30-2010, 05:24 PM
:laugh2: When I read the title I thought you were being facetious, I was sadly mistaken.

Raoul Duke
04-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Called one of the 'toughest legislations in the nation', the law means that all immigrants in Arizona must now carry their alien registration documents and it means that police can question anyone they think may be in the United States illegally. It will also address people that knowingly hire illegal immigrants or who transport them.

Wow. OK yeah I checked out those links, and that's pretty jacked up.

White people don't have a problem with it because they won't be getting harassed by the police.

I'm as white as they come, and I've been harassed by the cops on several occasions. Not fun. Anyway, thanks for giving me some information to form an opinion on.

SteveNash
04-30-2010, 05:40 PM
A minority of the country is actually against the bill.

The majority in this country is white and would be basically unaffected by this bill.

A grand total of 40 people showed up to the Arizona/Cubs game earlier this week to protest

The Cubs game, in Chicago. Large protests don't form instantaneously.

And plenty of documented immigrants support the bill as well, I've talked to more then a few of them in just the past couple days.

So do you have anything to back this up or are you just basing this on anecdotal evidence based on people who may know nothing about the bill.

Might seem hypocritical, but its the illegal immigrants that make it harder for people to come to this country legally, so there is a level of resentment there.

Not true, and even if it was, how would this bill solve the problem.

Anyways this has nothing to do with the NBA. And I don't see how placing sanctions on another state, let alone a professional sports franchise, is going to solve anything. In 2 weeks nobody will care anyways

You're right that a boycott won't have much of an impact, it's more of a moral choice as the courts will take care of this racist law.

I'm as white as they come, and I've been harassed by the cops on several occasions. Not fun. Anyway, thanks for giving me some information to form an opinion on.

Were you harassed based on race? Because that's the issue with the bill.

Atticus Finch
04-30-2010, 05:56 PM
The majority in this country is white and would be basically unaffected by this bill.

The Cubs game, in Chicago. Large protests don't form instantaneously.

So do you have anything to back this up or are you just basing this on anecdotal evidence based on people who may know nothing about the bill.

Not true, and even if it was, how would this bill solve the problem.

You're right that a boycott won't have much of an impact, it's more of a moral choice as the courts will take care of this racist law.

Were you harassed based on race? Because that's the issue with the bill.

I'm pretty sure the entire country is affected by illegal immigration one way or the other. And I'm also certain that in a democracy, majority rules regardless of skin color. The bill has measures written into it that prevent violation of civil rights, 38,000 of these arrests have been made in the past 3 years and not a single violation of civil rights has been discovered. Contrary to the world people like you paint, its possible to be against illegal immigration without being racist.

Regardless, this thread is going to be closed if we talk about the bill and not the actual relation to sports (which is has none). The sports and economy of Arizona shouldn't suffer because a minority of the country has decided to make a "moral" stance against "racism." Let the courts decide if this bill will stand or not, and in the meantime let the people of arizona enjoy the success the suns are having this year.

For the record, I dont care what side of the issue people are on, I'll respect whatever opinion you have. You're entitled to it, and if you defend it well I'm in no position to tell anyone their opinion is wrong or less right than mine. I just dont see the need to drag sports into this. Were mature enough in this country to solve our problems through due process instead of intentionally trying to ruin the economy of another state. Besides, the bill doesn't go into affect until after the NBA season is over, and by then Arizona will be more worried about what Amare is going to do.

MikefromMars
04-30-2010, 06:11 PM
This is stupid....

But seriously... half of SA's fans will be deported if they try to go to an away game ;)... I kid, I kid.

Off-topic...Arizona needs to get some help to protect their borders, similar to what our US Gov does for many other countries.

GSW Hoops
04-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Even if they wanted to, how would the NBA boycott an entire state?

Iodine
04-30-2010, 06:29 PM
No matter what the politics are for you personally, I doubt the NBA does so, just because they are trying to appeal to everyone possible right now

Spurred1
04-30-2010, 06:29 PM
You want to penalize the Suns and other Arizona teams for this? Something they had nothing to do with?

ldc62
04-30-2010, 06:30 PM
No ... isnt it only used against mexicans?

AI4MVP
04-30-2010, 06:32 PM

Thoughts?

What brought this topic to mind is that the MLB is considering a boycott of sorts. And of course we can't forget the NFL also stripped Phoenix of the 1993 Super Bowl because the state refused to recognize the MLK, Jr. Holiday. I know, I know, different leagues, but you wonder if the NBA is considering some action.

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/immigration-law-cost-arizona-star-game-push-boycott/story?id=10511724

bro i know u dont mean any harm by this and ur trying to look like a great guy..but are u a ****ing ******?? the suns work there *** off all season to get a top 4 seed and then u wanna give us a neutral side??? wow. reading this blew my mind

Spurs88
04-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Good Lord man.That is sooo rediculous to bring that non-sensical boycott junk into the NBA Arena .First of all this is a Sports/NBA forum for the playoffs.Also if you dont live in Arizona yourself,what business is it of yours which laws THEIR state passes or doesnt pass.This is America and we are a REPUBLIC which gives states the constitutional right to pass laws thru THEIR legislature. Eventually it will most likely be argued in front of the judicial system.So next time ask about the Spurs/Suns matchup and you wont get flamed out by folks.

SunsFanIam
04-30-2010, 06:46 PM
All you guys thinking Lakers win tonight have forgotten what happened last game in OKC. It was wipeout. L.A. has no chance on Thunder's home court.

Ha ha.. This has to be posted in the wrong thread.. There is actually no game predictions going on in this thread.

wileyisTOFU
04-30-2010, 06:47 PM
Anyone that dosen't live in a southern boarder state should not be seriously debating this. Go hang out in Juarez for a weekend, then come back at the topic.

SteveNash
04-30-2010, 06:53 PM
I'm pretty sure the entire country is affected by illegal immigration one way or the other. And I'm also certain that in a democracy, majority rules regardless of skin color.

Except that the US isn't a democracy. And even if the US was a true democracy, majority ruling doesn't make their rulings correct.

The bill has measures written into it that prevent violation of civil rights, 38,000 of these arrests have been made in the past 3 years and not a single violation of civil rights has been discovered.

Source? Because it sounds like complete BS to me.

Contrary to the world people like you paint, its possible to be against illegal immigration without being racist.

There's a difference between being against illegal immigration and supporting a racial profiling bill that will be used to harass Hispanics.

Regardless, this thread is going to be closed if we talk about the bill and not the actual relation to sports (which is has none). The sports and economy of Arizona shouldn't suffer because a minority of the country has decided to make a "moral" stance against "racism." Let the courts decide if this bill will stand or not, and in the meantime let the people of arizona enjoy the success the suns are having this year.

The NBA can take a stand just like the NCAA took a stand against South Carolina waving the Confederate flag.

PS. putting things in quotations doesn't invalidate my stance.

For the record, I dont care what side of the issue people are on, I'll respect whatever opinion you have. You're entitled to it, and if you defend it well I'm in no position to tell anyone their opinion is wrong or less right than mine. I just dont see the need to drag sports into this. Were mature enough in this country to solve our problems through due process instead of intentionally trying to ruin the economy of another state. Besides, the bill doesn't go into affect until after the NBA season is over, and by then Arizona will be more worried about what Amare is going to do.

The whole discussion shows that America still can't have a mature discussion on race. Boycotts have been effective in the past against racist policies hindering a minority that the majority supported and to to suggest otherwise is simply un-American. It is sad that this stuff is still going on in the 21st century. I guess people in the majority are still willing to sacrifice human decency in order to keep the status quo.

fairandbalanced
04-30-2010, 06:58 PM
Not only should the NBA boycott Arizona, they should also cut every business ties with them. 99.9 percent of people OK with this bill are white because no one pulls them over anyways. The law gives the police the power to arrest someone based on their suspicion, if that does not mean pull black and Hispanics over at your own discretion, I don't know what it means. When Hitler laws like this come out is when White people forget about the constitution. What happen to the tea party constitutionalists? or the constitution only applies to white people? The worst part is, you can trow people in jail if they cannot show their proof of citizenship.

I would also add, there are White people that are against this law. when people mention that majority of Arizona people support it, ask them one question.....have they ever heard of the tyranny of a majority? Plus they're from the south where they have a history of slavery and anti- brown looking immigrants. Even African Americans that have been here for generations are still denied basic rights and I am supposed to sit here and take the majority of Arizona people seriously.

Bashna
04-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Not only should the NBA boycott Arizona, they should also cut every business ties with them. 99.9 percent of people OK with this bill are white because no one pulls them over anyways. The law gives the police the power to arrest someone based on their suspicion, if that does not mean pull black and Hispanics over at your own discretion, I don't know what it means. When Hitler laws like this come out is when White people forget about the constitution. What happen to the tea party constitutionalists? or the constitution only applies to white people? The worst part is, you can trow people in jail if they cannot show their proof of citizenship.

I would also add, there are White people that are against this law. when people mention that majority of Arizona people support it, ask them one question.....have they ever heard of the tyranny of a majority? Plus they're from the south where they have a history of slavery and anti- brown looking immigrants. Even African Americans that have been here for generations are still denied basic rights and I am supposed to sit here and take the majority of Arizona people seriously.

Yes, thats exactly what the NBA needs. As a buisness that's currently losing money, they want to cut ties with a team that is going deeper into the playoffs, SOUNDS LIKE GOOD BUSINESS BRO! No, sorry, you're wrong.

This Bill should have nothing to do with businesses, i'm not opposed, or in favor of it (i do live in AZ), but it should NOT be having such a wide effect on Arizona. If people don't like the bill, who cares? They don't live in the state...Get over it. People these days are such babies. Everyone is so touchy. MAN-UP-PANZEES.

fairandbalanced
04-30-2010, 07:44 PM
Yes, thats exactly what the NBA needs. As a buisness that's currently losing money, they want to cut ties with a team that is going deeper into the playoffs, SOUNDS LIKE GOOD BUSINESS BRO! No, sorry, you're wrong.

This Bill should have nothing to do with businesses, i'm not opposed, or in favor of it (i do live in AZ), but it should NOT be having such a wide effect on Arizona. If people don't like the bill, who cares? They don't live in the state...Get over it. People these days are such babies. Everyone is so touchy. MAN-UP-PANZEES.

So your solution for non-whites who have a home, kids in school and things established in Arizona is to get up and leave? What a coward, people like you is why democracy is not practiced in most countries......it results in a tyranny of the majority. Your ignorance has replaced humanity.

junion
04-30-2010, 07:49 PM
the suns won't be punished... i mean look at utah.

sunnydayin'zona
04-30-2010, 08:00 PM
This has to be the dumbest thing I have read. So you think the Suns should be punished for something the state passed? I am in Arizona and caucasian, and I do not agree with the bill, but to say take away a sporting event because people don't agree with it is dumb. I am sure there are some laws that California has that people don't agree with, but you don't see people taking away Lakers games. Example is their marijuana laws. I agree with hellcrooner. Don't mix sports and politics.

yes i agree, this is getting ridiculous. there are 6 million people living in arizona. a very very large part of the state is fighting a hard uphill battle toward making this bill go away before it goes into action. this includes the mayors of phoenix, mesa, scottsdale, the attorney general, the vast majority of the hispanic population, and a very large portion of LEVEL HEADED caucasians, like myself. its quite clear that protesting anything involving the state won't change the minds of the legislators who passed this, just like voters from other states won't change the minds of our legislators. you want to boycott the phoenix suns? reallyy? i hear people boycotting arizona iced tea? do they know its made in new york? this is getting ridiculous, voicing your views on the topic is one thing, but punishing people who have done nothing but protest this bill (40-50% of the population of the state) is not helping anything. how about express your views, and let the people of arizona handle this, there is a huge amount of political power and people power going into reversing the legislation, dont be phucking stupid and suggest something as ridiculous as moving a sports franchise for the playoffs. hey, want to move the grand canyon too? maybe that'll help :bs:

thephoenixson28
04-30-2010, 08:02 PM

This Bill should have nothing to do with businesses, i'm not opposed, or in favor of it (i do live in AZ), but it should NOT be having such a wide effect on Arizona. If people don't like the bill, who cares? They don't live in the state...Get over it. People these days are such babies. Everyone is so touchy. MAN-UP-PANZEES. I'm a latino, that lives in phx arizona so I can talk. The reason they are talking about stuff like this is to get our voice heard and what better way to do it with sports. I know it sucks that stuff like this is getting boycott. But this is strictly for latinos. We can care less about if white people go to the games. Just let it be known, since they are making that law and they send all the mexicans back this is what's going to happen. You think the economy is bad now, just wait in about 6 months if this bill still sticks.

sunnydayin'zona
04-30-2010, 08:05 PM
So your solution for non-whites who have a home, kids in school and things established in Arizona is to get up and leave? What a coward, people like you is why democracy is not practiced in most countries......it results in a tyranny of the majority. Your ignorance has replaced humanity.

so your solution is move a sports franchise away from their fanbase? i'm sure that'll accomplish alot.

lets suggest it happened, the suns would lose a very large part of their fanbase. nobody wants that.

D1JM
04-30-2010, 08:05 PM
So Arizona wants to ban B**ners due to rising drug cartell and what not meanwhile California wants to legalize pot? HAHAHAHAHA.

You really had to use that word?

D1JM
04-30-2010, 08:07 PM
I dont agree in not supporting the suns because the owner had nothing to do with it. Just do what i am doing, Boycotting the Arizona Ice Tea soft drink lol

avrpatsfan
04-30-2010, 08:10 PM
What for enforcing federal law? No ****ing way.

sunnydayin'zona
04-30-2010, 08:15 PM

arizona is not in the south by any means.

and are you f ucking serious? boycott an entire state? THERE ARE 6 MILLION PEOPLE LIVING HERE. if you boycott the very workplace and home of the people you preach to support, you're just taking away their job and their income, legal or illegal.
like i said, its about split in our state. of our big name big power politicians, its about split. our attorney general, the mayors or phoenix mesa scottsdale glendale are all speaking out against it. governor is for it, sheriff is for it(he's the pink underwear for jails-guy if you didnt know), john mccain and john kyl are for it. boycotting the state and all of its economic functions does nothing but hurt those people who oppose the bill, and those legal and illegal immigrants who have jobs here. dont be ignorant.

sunnydayin'zona
04-30-2010, 08:17 PM
I dont agree in not supporting the suns because the owner had nothing to do with it. Just do what i am doing, Boycotting the Arizona Ice Tea soft drink lol

arizona iced tea is made in brooklyn.

Ferro21
04-30-2010, 08:21 PM
You're a Raiders and Lakers fan, I think we all know what that means. And will you 50 people please stop trying this boycott ********. It has absolutely nothing to do with sports. You have the right to believe in whatever you want to believe in, but by saying that it should affect sports is nonsense. You aren't going to get anywhere by the protests by the way. (Just in case you didn't know) But hey at least you are getting a workout in standing outside whining rather the sitting on your porch.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Really racist.

But if they don't want immigrants, Nash is always welcome back.

wileyisTOFU
04-30-2010, 08:26 PM
the suns won't be punished... i mean look at utah.

:clap:

Nugget Tony
04-30-2010, 08:28 PM
You are one sad excuse for an American.... The OP that is....

Nugget Tony
04-30-2010, 08:36 PM
I'm a latino, that lives in phx arizona so I can talk. The reason they are talking about stuff like this is to get our voice heard and what better way to do it with sports. I know it sucks that stuff like this is getting boycott. But this is strictly for latinos. We can care less about if white people go to the games. Just let it be known, since they are making that law and they send all the mexicans back this is what's going to happen. You think the economy is bad now, just wait in about 6 months if this bill still sticks.

This has nothing to do with...being racist or against Latinos... This has to do with one of the huge problems we have in this country.. Illegal friggin aliens... So don't go on about White this or Latino that... Mexicans...or whatever race are welcome in this country...just not illegaly... If you don't like it... I am sure you would find Mexico City a much better fit for your Latino pride.... Like it or not dude..You live in America...that is supposed to be governed by it's laws...The Constitution and The Bill of Rights... If the Feds won't man up...big ups to Arizona for doing so....

Your position about the economy is laughable at best. Like Illegals are the glue...LOL...um no they are a problem.....

D1JM
04-30-2010, 08:36 PM
arizona iced tea is made in brooklyn.

son of a ***** lol i should of google it first jk

thephoenixson28
04-30-2010, 08:38 PM
What for enforcing federal law? No ****ing way. You wouldn't be saying this if the law was targeting white people would you.

Nugget Tony
04-30-2010, 08:42 PM
You wouldn't be saying this if the law was targeting white people would you.

No you ****...cuz it's not a law about race..it's a law about Illegal Aliens... It just so happens that most of our problem is from our neighbors to the south.... Man don't be ignorant. Don't even try to play the race card...

D1JM
04-30-2010, 08:42 PM
This has nothing to do with...being racist or against Latinos... This has to do with one of the huge problems we have in this country.. Illegal friggin aliens... So don't go on about White this or Latino that... Mexicans...or whatever race are welcome in this country...just not illegaly... If you don't like it... I am sure you would find Mexico City a much better fit for your Latino pride.... Like it or not dude..You live in America...that is supposed to be governed by it's laws...The Constitution and The Bill of Rights... If the Feds won't man up...big ups to Arizona for doing so....

Your position about the economy is laughable at best. Like Illegals are the glue...LOL...um no they are a problem.....

So if you are big on the Constitution and the bill of rights, since I am here legally, do I have to carry my ****en birth certificate, passport just to prove I was born here? If I live in Arizona, are they just going to stop me to check if I am here legally or not? How doesnt that violate my rights?

thephoenixson28
04-30-2010, 08:47 PM

Your position about the economy is laughable at best. Like Illegals are the glue...LOL...um no they are a problem..... Read the bill you should know. If you dont think latinos hold this state together, I guess you never been to Arizona.

Nugget Tony
04-30-2010, 08:48 PM
So if you are big on the Constitution and the bill of rights, since I am here legally, do I have to carry my ****en birth certificate, passport just to prove I was born here? If I live in Arizona, are they just going to stop me to check if I am here legally or not? How doesnt that violate my rights?

No you should not have to do those things to prove that..there is a much bigger picture that is going on in this country.... Your rights are being violated everyday with The Patriot Act... With the criminal Checkpoints that you can see all over youtube...where you are stopped and asked if you are a US Citizen... We do need to ship out all these Illegals...then we need to ship out all the corrupt politicians from office... You should really check out www.infowars.com.. You seem like a person that is aware of the corruption going on in this country....

Nugget Tony
04-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Read the bill you should know. If you dont think latinos hold this state together, I guess you never been to Arizona.

Once again my man.... this is not a Latino, White, Black whatever color you wanna throw out there... This is a Legal/Illegal thing.... Illegals have no rights...and do not belong here.... If they want to come here legally great... That is one thing that made America great.... It has been raped and pillaged tho.... Educate yourself.... Stop waving the race card around....

D1JM
04-30-2010, 08:52 PM
No you should not have to do those things to prove that..there is a much bigger picture that is going on in this country.... Your rights are being violated everyday with The Patriot Act... With the criminal Checkpoints that you can see all over youtube...where you are stopped and asked if you are a US Citizen... We do need to ship out all these Illegals...then we need to ship out all the corrupt politicians from office... You should really check out www.infowars.com.. You seem like a person that is aware of the corruption going on in this country....

I know the Patriot Act, but that is federal, not state. For you to say dont play the race card is stupid because this law is targeting Latinos/hispanics. If you look like them, then you will be asked about your citizenship. Maybe the state of Arizona should enforce and make every Legal Latino in Arizona wear the Star of David on their shoulder to distinguish themselves from illegals just like the nazis forced Jews to wear it to distinguish themselves from non jews huh?

thephoenixson28
04-30-2010, 08:53 PM
No you ****...cuz it's not a law about race..it's a law about Illegal Aliens... It just so happens that most of our problem is from our neighbors to the south.... Man don't be ignorant. Don't even try to play the race card... Read it dumbass. If you look like a mexican, then a cop can pull you over for no reason. They are targeting illegals, and lets just say they think I look like one than they can pull me over cuz its the law.

D1JM
04-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Once again my man.... this is not a Latino, White, Black whatever color you wanna throw out there... This is a Legal/Illegal thing.... Illegals have no rights...and do not belong here.... If they want to come here legally great... That is one thing that made America great.... It has been raped and pillaged tho.... Educate yourself.... Stop waving the race card around....

so you are telling me that blacks, whites, asians are going to get stopped and asked for their papers?

DodgerBulls
04-30-2010, 08:57 PM
ummmmmm.. nope! bad idea.. actually ridiculous idea! NBA? how about the MLB too? And also, other cities such as OKC, Los Angeles, San Diego, and Austin are considering a law similar to the Arizona one. Should the NBA/MLB boycott the games too?

thephoenixson28
04-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Once again my man.... this is not a Latino, White, Black whatever color you wanna throw out there... This is a Legal/Illegal thing.... Illegals have no rights...and do not belong here.... If they want to come here legally great... That is one thing that made America great.... It has been raped and pillaged tho.... Educate yourself.... Stop waving the race card around.... I'm not going to sit here and argue with you cuz your probably a white boy in denver, and you don't know the affects that's going to happen.

fairandbalanced
04-30-2010, 09:00 PM
so you are telling me that blacks, whites, asians are going to get stopped and asked for their papers?

The only people that's not affected is white people. A black person can look African or maybe a Dominican, an Asian may look latino. if you don't have your documents to prove your citizenship at that spot, you're trown in jail. I guess more than 1 million blacks, .5million latinas already in jail (mostly for drug non-violent offenses) are not enough for white folks in Arizona. Now you can acquire a felony for not having a birth certificate.

Nugget Tony
04-30-2010, 09:03 PM
I know the Patriot Act, but that is federal, not state. For you to say dont play the race card is stupid because this law is targeting Latinos/hispanics. If you look like them, then you will be asked about your citizenship. Maybe the state of Arizona should enforce and make every Legal Latino in Arizona wear the Star of David on their shoulder to distinguish themselves from illegals just like the nazis forced Jews to wear it to distinguish themselves from non jews huh?

See you are taking it to a corrupted level.... "

"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it; and this I know, my lords, that where laws end, tyranny begins." William Pitt the Elder

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men." Bishop Mandell Creighton

See now your are talking out of emotion...and spewing out things that don't belong here... Jews and the Star of David... We'll you sure will get that if you/we as a nation continue to let our leaders take us down the path we are headed....

this law targets Illegal Aliens....who for the majority in this nation just so happen to be Latino/Hispanic.... That is just a fact... and not racist...

Are you not aware of the criminal checkpoints that have been set up within 100 miles of our boarder...asking everyone...to State if they are a US citizen...??? The videos are all over youtube...??? It doesn't matter what color you are... It is Illegal...just as it is to come here and leech of our tax dollars illegally.... Something has to be done... and definately at a State level because the Federal level is beyond corrupt.... Time to take you Cities and States and Federal Govt back my friend...

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Nugget Tony
04-30-2010, 09:07 PM

Yes you are right...that is illegal my friend... I agree... Stopping and asking for your papers because of your race or color is wrong... This has nothing to do with White, Black, Latino or what have you....

I am not saying the bill or law is perfect.. I am only saying we need to get ahold of one of the prolems in this country which happens to be illegal aliens...

So here you go this is just one mans issue with the ..Show me your papers...are you a US Citizen... Right there in Arizon...You may notice he is white...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY0DudvYaqI

Nugget Tony
04-30-2010, 09:11 PM
Illegal Checkpoints... Notice he is of Latino origin...asking a obvious white guy his citizenship....all in your backyard.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHqpuVetLeo

CaliDevil71
04-30-2010, 09:17 PM
NOPE! Nobody should boycott Arizona in anyways, shape or forum in the sporting community or any other community. This is not a political thread so I will leave it at that....

but...

You hear the about the Sheriff Deputy who was shot in the stomach a few hours ago .......by an alleged illegal immigrant!!!

Nugget Tony
04-30-2010, 09:18 PM
I understand your issue with the Show Me Your Papers thing.... but that is something completely different from the problem we have with illegal Aliens.... These videos look like there are several Latino Agents questioning all cars regardless of color..and asking of thier citezenship.... All I would say is start checking out www.infowars.com and listening to Alex Jones he has a great show everyday...discussing such subjects as we are here today....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDLlEh0x2XA&feature=related

Welkome to the new AmeriKa....

D1JM
04-30-2010, 09:21 PM
See you are taking it to a corrupted level.... "

"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it; and this I know, my lords, that where laws end, tyranny begins." William Pitt the Elder

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men." Bishop Mandell Creighton

See now your are talking out of emotion...and spewing out things that don't belong here... Jews and the Star of David... We'll you sure will get that if you/we as a nation continue to let our leaders take us down the path we are headed....

this law targets Illegal Aliens....who for the majority in this nation just so happen to be Latino/Hispanic.... That is just a fact... and not racist...

Are you not aware of the criminal checkpoints that have been set up within 100 miles of our boarder...asking everyone...to State if they are a US citizen...??? The videos are all over youtube...??? It doesn't matter what color you are... It is Illegal...just as it is to come here and leech of our tax dollars illegally.... Something has to be done... and definately at a State level because the Federal level is beyond corrupt.... Time to take you Cities and States and Federal Govt back my friend...

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

wow so you are suggesting every state should separate from the United States? You are saying that its Obama's fault that nothing has been done? What type of enforcement did Bush put out in his 8 year reign of disaster? Also, you make it seem that the canadian border is well shut. Also, I am not taking it to an emotional level, just a rational level. It doesnt affect you cuz you arent a Latino thats why. And the whole star of david thing is a fact and it helped distinguish people from others and its what this law is about, so how is that out of context?

D1JM
04-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Yes you are right...that is illegal my friend... I agree... Stopping and asking for your papers because of your race or color is wrong... This has nothing to do with White, Black, Latino or what have you....

I am not saying the bill or law is perfect.. I am only saying we need to get ahold of one of the prolems in this country which happens to be illegal aliens...

So here you go this is just one mans issue with the ..Show me your papers...are you a US Citizen... Right there in Arizon...You may notice he is white...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY0DudvYaqI

wow you put that video to state your point. The guy got asked if he is a US citizen and he never responded to the question. The guy is just acting stupid with the Immigration Officers.

thephoenixson28
04-30-2010, 09:30 PM
There was a story on the news that a little girl was abondoned cuz her parents were deported. When family split like this what kind of stuff is that.

Nugget Tony
04-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Where do you come up with these Assumptions??? LOL.. Did I say anything about succession? Althought every state has that right... To defend itself against all enemies foriegn and domestic...Did I even mention Obama??? You did... Really...Don't go somewhere you have no clue what you are talking about you will just look silly.... This is beyond a left/right issue... This thread was in regards to Arizona.. and not the Canadian border....you are starting to speak out of context and letting your emotions get the best of you and your arguement.... You are not being rational... You are so wrong this does affect me.... Illegal Aleins affect me...they affect you...they affect America...regardless of what race they/you are.... Illegal check points affect me, you and ever American citizen regardless of what race we are....

The Star of David thing shows you can not even have a rational discussion...you start throwing out all these things...from here, there and everywhere...to try and prove a point when they are not connected to this discussion. Do you want to have a all inclusive debate about everything that is wrong with this country...or do you want to try to keep it to... Should Arizona be boycotted for shipping out illegal Aliens?

Do you want to talk about Illegal immigration or do you want to talk about the holocaust? Do you want to talk about Obama and Bush or do you want to talk about White vs Latino? The mic is all yours....

Nugget Tony
04-30-2010, 09:34 PM
wow you put that video to state your point. The guy got asked if he is a US citizen and he never responded to the question. The guy is just acting stupid with the Immigration Officers.

No I was trying to show you how illegal it is...to be asked..."Are you a United States Citizen" Sorta looks a lot like East Germany....or what have you.... The guy was standing behind his rights...wether or not you wanna say he was acting stupid...LOL .. Weren't you all just complaining about being stopped and asked that very question... How will you respond when asked that..?

thephoenixson28
04-30-2010, 09:37 PM
Where do you come up with these Assumptions??? LOL.. Did I say anything about succession? Althought every state has that right... To defend itself against all enemies foriegn and domestic...Did I even mention Obama??? You did... Really...Don't go somewhere you have no clue what you are talking about you will just look silly.... This is beyond a left/right issue... This thread was in regards to Arizona.. and not the Canadian border....you are starting to speak out of context and letting your emotions get the best of you and your arguement.... You are not being rational... You are so wrong this does affect me.... Illegal Aleins affect me...they affect you...they affect America...regardless of what race they/you are.... Illegal check points affect me, you and ever American citizen regardless of what race we are....

The Star of David thing shows you can not even have a rational discussion...you start throwing out all these things...from here, there and everywhere...to try and prove a point when they are not connected to this discussion. Do you want to have a all inclusive debate about everything that is wrong with this country...or do you want to try to keep it to... Should Arizona be boycotted for shipping out illegal Aliens?

Do you want to talk about Illegal immigration or do you want to talk about the holocaust? Do you want to talk about Obama and Bush or do you want to talk about White vs Latino? The mic is all yours....Explain to me what has a illegal alien do to affect you. Did they still your job too?

Nugget Tony
04-30-2010, 09:42 PM
It's really not worth having a debate... I would like to point you to some videos tho that might make you think a lil... and see where I am coming from...

Police State 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klqv9t1zVww

Invisible Empire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO24XmP1c5E&feature=channel

Fall of the Republic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VebOTc-7shU

D1JM
04-30-2010, 09:44 PM
No I was trying to show you how illegal it is...to be asked..."Are you a United States Citizen" Sorta looks a lot like East Germany....or what have you.... The guy was standing behind his rights...wether or not you wanna say he was acting stupid...LOL .. Weren't you all just complaining about being stopped and asked that very question... How will you respond when asked that..?

was that a state police asking or immigration? You know that the law is about Police Officers and not Immigration Officers right?

Nugget Tony
04-30-2010, 09:51 PM
was that a state police asking or immigration? You know that the law is about Police Officers and not Immigration Officers right?

That was under the control of DHS... Department of Homeland Security... Really I understand where you are coming from....What you should really do brother..is just take the time to watch those videos...they are very telling...

If you noticed that was nowhere near the border...Immigration officers checking people in and out of the country are at the border crossing...and have no right to set up check points within the USA...asking and stopping everyone.. "Are You a US Citizen"

I nderstand there is going to be a problem with profiling... I did not say the bill was perfect...I only stated there is a problem with illegal immigration in this country..and if you don;t know how it affects you or me...regardless of skin color...it is not worth having a debate about it...becuase nothing I say would stop to make you think maybe I aint blowing smoke up your butt... Just check out the documentaries... I bet you will have a different view after you watch them... This isn't about racism...

D1JM
04-30-2010, 09:52 PM
It's really not worth having a debate... I would like to point you to some videos tho that might make you think a lil... and see where I am coming from...

Police State 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klqv9t1zVww

Invisible Empire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO24XmP1c5E&feature=channel

Fall of the Republic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VebOTc-7shU

Look there is no point of arguing because you have your point and i have my points. The whole star of david thing, that was an ethnic profiling and this law is based on racial profiling which is about the same thing. I agree that we need to shut the borders, but that is not going to help out at all. Not every illegal is a drug lord and as long as we dont do nothing over the drug problem in the US nothing is going to get fixed. The people using their welfare money to get drugs and ask for money at every street corner, those are the people that should get kicked out.

D1JM
04-30-2010, 09:55 PM
That was under the control of DHS... Department of Homeland Security... Really I understand where you are coming from....What you should really do brother..is just take the time to watch those videos...they are very telling...

If you noticed that was nowhere near the border...Immigration officers checking people in and out of the country are at the border crossing...and have no right to set up check points within the USA...asking and stopping everyone.. "Are You a US Citizen"

I nderstand there is going to be a problem with profiling... I did not say the bill was perfect...I only stated there is a problem with illegal immigration in this country..and if you don;t know how it affects you or me...regardless of skin color...it is not worth having a debate about it...becuase nothing I say would stop to make you think maybe I aint blowing smoke up your butt... Just check out the documentaries... I bet you will have a different view after you watch them... This isn't about racism...

I minored in History so I know about the whole new world order, Illumanity, Free Masons you name it. Politicians control us and manipulate views.

thephoenixson28
04-30-2010, 09:58 PM
So this law is basically saying if I don't have a I.D or refused to give it to them are they going to deport me.

Nugget Tony
04-30-2010, 09:58 PM
Look there is no point of arguing because you have your point and i have my points. The whole star of david thing, that was an ethnic profiling and this law is based on racial profiling which is about the same thing. I agree that we need to shut the borders, but that is not going to help out at all. Not every illegal is a drug lord and as long as we dont do nothing over the drug problem in the US nothing is going to get fixed. The people using their welfare money to get drugs and ask for money at every street corner, those are the people that should get kicked out.

I don't mean to argue...or point a finger bro...It is a very sensitive subject... I am not racist... If a person is here legally cool...if not..then find a way to be here legally...if you are just sucking the system illegally then there is a problem there with that...

Check out those vids dude... You will see where I am coming from... We have a much bigger problem..and yes racial profiling is not cool.... but in some cases it works I guess.... The whole Holocaust thing..Star of David... is sickening...but you can be sure... Tyranny doesn't care what color you are...it's coming for whoever it wants.... Maybe check out Invisible Empire first...or Fall of The Republic....

Kings Faithful
04-30-2010, 09:59 PM
If you guys want to ***** and moan about politics, go somewhere where its appropriate. Personally, I like to keep my basketball away from all that crap, and it disgusts me that people try to mix the two.

Nugget Tony
04-30-2010, 09:59 PM
I minored in History so I know about the whole new world order, Illumanity, Free Masons you name it. Politicians control us and manipulate views.

Well then you should be able to see whre I am coming from then.. :)

Nugget Tony
04-30-2010, 10:00 PM
If you guys want to ***** and moan about politics, go somewhere where its appropriate. Personally, I like to keep my basketball away from all that crap, and it disgusts me that people try to mix the two.

Good for you....

Kings Faithful
04-30-2010, 10:01 PM
So this law is basically saying if I don't have a I.D or refused to give it to them are they going to deport me.

No, thats not the law. Go read for yourself what the law says and form your opinion based off of what it actually is, and in the circumstance its being presented in. Not some dumb *** who is trying to shove his opinion down your throat because he has nothing better to do but stir up ****.

Nugget Tony
04-30-2010, 10:03 PM
No, thats not the law. Go read for yourself what the law says and form your opinion based off of what it actually is, and in the circumstance its being presented in. Not some dumb *** who is trying to shove his opinion down your throat because he has nothing better to do but stir up ****.

Didn't you just say you like to keep your politics and basketball seperate? Hope your not reffering to me...because I never said that about the law... I never even mentioned what the Arizona bill states... LOL... So I really hope you are not talking about me...

thephoenixson28
04-30-2010, 10:07 PM
No, thats not the law. Go read for yourself what the law says and form your opinion based off of what it actually is, and in the circumstance its being presented in. Not some dumb *** who is trying to shove his opinion down your throat because he has nothing better to do but stir up ****. ******** any oppurunity that a police officer has a chance to pull over a latino for no reason they would. I'm not say all cops are *******s but most of them are given a chance.

OG "Dee" LOCc
04-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Then don't vote

fadedmario
04-30-2010, 10:12 PM
I think it's great. If your not from here, get the hell out

ldc62
04-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Its only against illegal immigration, its solely a race thing.... Im not against it (not saying for it, but I really don't care).

thephoenixson28
04-30-2010, 10:13 PM
No, thats not the law. Go read for yourself what the law says and form your opinion based off of what it actually is, and in the circumstance its being presented in. Not some dumb *** who is trying to shove his opinion down your throat because he has nothing better to do but stir up ****. ******** any oppurunity that a police officer has a chance to pull over a latino for no reason they would. I'm not say all cops are *******s but most of them are given a chance.

Super.
04-30-2010, 10:51 PM
Why should a sports team be penalized for a bill passed in it's home state.

ludacris...:pity:

Besides. That law is a step in the right direction.

wasome10
04-30-2010, 11:08 PM
not a great idea

JPHX
05-01-2010, 12:54 AM
No. But knowing Stern and his hate for the Suns, hes probably thinking it. I highly doubt something like that would ever happen, but if it does Stern has a thorough tea bagging coming his way courtesy of my balls.

D-Will4Prez
05-01-2010, 04:11 AM
I live in Arizona and I support this bill. There has been a huge rise in crime and sorry to say it but people who can't speak english the past few years. A huge issue here in Phoenix (as with a lot of other places but mostly for different reasons) is a lot of places are only hiring people who can speak both english and spanish so there are a lot of lost jobs due in large part to the illegal immigrants (most legal immigrants can speak english). Now don't get me wrong I don't think any government should have the right to just invade people's houses just because they think they might be doing something illegal but something has to be done after how far it's gotten. I am not racist, I have been to mexico I have friends, and most of them are also in favor of this bill because of all the work they put into becoming a citizen.

EDIT: Also, in response to people saying that cops will now pull people over just for being mexican, this bill has nothing to do with local law enforcement, from what I've heard this should only concern the feds and they can only do it if they have legit reason to suspect them of being illegal. (similar to the patriot act)

Caps1989
05-01-2010, 05:26 AM
Honestly this is just my opinion but I'm sick of having to clean up after the illegal immigrants that trash the side of the river that I fish on. They leave beer bottles, fishing line, and all other trash and what not when they leave. They honestly treat it like their home country. Call it what you want, these people are stealing from America. They are an albatross around our necks. I dont normally agree with many laws that act the way this law acts but something has got to be done about illegal immiagration. One way or the other that ***** gotta stop.

gcoll
05-01-2010, 05:37 AM
The NBA should not delve into the world of politics.

aZekuiS
05-01-2010, 05:59 AM
Alot of Arizona residents are tired of illegal immigrants polluting their cities with drugs and violence and nothing was getting done to change that so they passed this bill, good for them.

D-Will4Prez
05-01-2010, 06:17 AM
^ x2

PHX2daDEATH
05-01-2010, 08:08 AM
okay im from arizona, im white, i live in a neighborhood that as we speak is being involved in an 'immigration sweep', the area is about 95 % mexican. ive lived in this area all my life and im twenty-eight years old..

let me clarify how Arizona sports teams have been mentioned in boycotts.. the reason their were protestors at the cubs-d-backs games is because one of the D-backs owners is a huge contributor to the republican party..(Same party responsible for the bill) Now after this was all said and done..the owner stated that he too is AGAINST THIS BILL..

The whole thing to me is ignorant.. if its going to do one thing that is effective to illegal immigration that is..its going to send all the undocumented out of the state willingly.. they'll go to utah, new mexico, california.. so when it comes time to enforce the law, who are cops questioning? Legal Mexicans.. here comes the lawsuits... now another provision in this bill is money set aside for cities and towns to sue the police departments when they feel that they are not enforcing the immigration laws.. white people are still going to see brown faces and yourre going to get more lawsuits.. the bill is a damn trap. people talk about the white people in utah being rabid? it might be worse in Arizona; Arizona is damned divided already between brown and white, this is making worse..

Obama said no immigration reform this year and that pisses me off..its been 3 years Barrack that you have shoved the health care thing down our throats; He doesnt want to exhaust congress on another big issue, we need reform on how we go about the process of becoming legal.. i think there should be a background check, lessen the amount one has to pay, and english classes, make it easier . The ones who want to live here will abide, the ones who dont and just want to cause problems can go to jail

Reversed86Curse
05-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Noone seemed to have a problem with Homeland Security profiling Middle-Eastern/ME decent after 9/11, don't see the difference in this bill.

And no, no reason to boycott the states sports teams over this.

DetWest54
05-01-2010, 09:29 AM
everyone is jumping to conclusions way to soon....no one knows how its going to be enforced...my guess is its going to be investigated like any other crime...they need reasonable suspicion, just like any other crime..police need reasonable suspicion to question a suspect about a theft, but your not up in arms about that, are you?

they're not gonna ask eveyone they see at the bus stop...its going to be people they run into through the course of the job like suspects to crimes and traffic stops

Hawkeye15
05-01-2010, 09:53 AM
not at all. While this may be the wrong way to go about immigration reform, something needs to be done. Will it create racial profiling? In some cases. But doesn't affirmative action do the same thing? Doesn't making sure many colleges contain a certain percentage of white, black, asian, and hispanic students count as racial profiling? Its done every day in this country.

slapnutz69
05-01-2010, 10:47 AM
what a dump of a thread

thephoenixson28
05-01-2010, 11:28 AM
The funny thing is, sheriff joe arpio was raiding buildings for illegals way before this law was passed. So why did they have to make this law.

Kakaroach
05-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Ugghh why mix the NBA and politics? There is no reason to, so don't.

SteveNash
05-01-2010, 12:44 PM
not at all. While this may be the wrong way to go about immigration reform, something needs to be done. Will it create racial profiling? In some cases. But doesn't affirmative action do the same thing? Doesn't making sure many colleges contain a certain percentage of white, black, asian, and hispanic students count as racial profiling? Its done every day in this country.

Such a typical response.

There's no comparison, one's a law that will harass legal citizens. The other is trying to bring equality you people that have been mistreated for 100's of years.

shen
05-01-2010, 02:35 PM
All I know is according to reports(that don't get heard because all the people whining) the bill is already working. Apperantly many illegals are already leaving and have said that a great many will be leaving. I think every state should admire Arizona after this. That is a state that is fed up with waiting for a federal government to actually do something for once. I don't live in Arizona, never been there, so I don't know what it is like from that stand point. However from what I have read about the drug problems there spread by illegal's enforcing drug trade then this was needed.

It cracks me up, everyone complains about laws that are not working and that government needs to do something. Well someone finally does, it works, and everyone still complains.:facepalm:

sep11ie
05-01-2010, 02:48 PM
No, no, and no. Maybe if it were soccer.

sep11ie
05-01-2010, 02:50 PM
All I know is according to reports(that don't get heard because all the people whining) the bill is already working. Apperantly many illegals are already leaving and have said that a great many will be leaving. I think every state should admire Arizona after this. That is a state that is fed up with waiting for a federal government to actually do something for once. I don't live in Arizona, never been there, so I don't know what it is like from that stand point. However from what I have read about the drug problems there spread by illegal's enforcing drug trade then this was needed.

It cracks me up, everyone complains about laws that are not working and that government needs to do something. Well someone finally does, it works, and everyone still complains.:facepalm:

Well said.:clap::clap:

Hawkeye15
05-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Such a typical response.

There's no comparison, one's a law that will harass legal citizens. The other is trying to bring equality you people that have been mistreated for 100's of years.

its racial profiling either way you cut it homie. The reasons don't matter.

SteveNash
05-01-2010, 06:39 PM

Ends don't justify the means. Most illegal immigrants are good people looking for opportunity. They're not subhuman drug dealers or leaches that some would like to portray them as. How far do you take it? Should cops be allowed to shoot any suspicious Latino? Checkpoints every ten miles? Implanting microchips in every person? Monitoring your every move through video cameras and sattelites.

That would "work" even better. But why give up your freedoms? It's so easy for those unaffected to support this without looking at the big picture.

its racial profiling either way you cut it homie. The reasons don't matter.

First, look up racial profiling.

Second, figure out that affirmative action isn't based solely on race.

Third, look at this thread and see how prejudice policies continue to hold people back, which affirmative action is trying to alleviate.

I know the US has had a history of holding the white man down, but get over it.

Hawkeye15
05-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Ends don't justify the means. Most illegal immigrants are good people looking for opportunity. They're not subhuman drug dealers or leaches that some would like to portray them as. How far do you take it? Should cops be allowed to shoot any suspicious Latino? Checkpoints every ten miles? Implanting microchips in every person? Monitoring your every move through video cameras and sattelites.

That would "work" even better. But why give up your freedoms? It's so easy for those unaffected to support this without looking at the big picture.

Third, look at this thread and see how prejudice policies continue to hold people back, which affirmative action is trying to alleviate.

are you seriously trying to give me a lesson? Exactly what policies hold people back?
I am all for making the immigration process like it used to be. Give them a social security card, and tax them. The process is ridiculous to become a citizen. But you have to remember, the first term in the term, Illegal Immigrant, is illegal.
And no, they should not move the games from Phx. Find another border to cross illegally if it upsets you

Yankees Suck
05-01-2010, 08:18 PM
No.... The NBA will cash in on the Suns in the playoffs.

Yankees Suck
05-01-2010, 08:20 PM

Glad to know that you personally know that most illegal immigrants who are undocumented are peaceful. You should read the news story that deals with the Sheriff deputy in Arizona that was shot by an illegal immigrant.

drew_ellis_23
05-01-2010, 08:41 PM
You really had to use that word?

Yeah I bleeped it out myself. So I didnt actually use that word LOL. I live in Oregon, half our population is Mexican and everyone that works for me is LOL. I agree the bill is BS. I was just making fun of the post about how it was put into motion cause of the rising drug problems when the state to the west is trying to legalize some illegal drugs. Will be interesting to see what the big sports leagues like NBA, NFL and MLB do. Especially the MLB. Half of all MLB teams have spring training there. Imagine if half of those players were detained for not having papers?

DenButsu
05-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Since the NBA will never boycott Arizona, and this thread has nothing to do with basketball, I'm closing it.