PDA

View Full Version : how is Tom Thibodeau not a head coach

the unknown
04-30-2010, 03:17 PM
I watch coachs like Sloan, Scott Skilels, Popovich, and Nate Mcmillian with typically hard nosed teams..very good defensively.. tough just like coach..

Thibodeau has been the defensive brains behind the scene in Bean town..

Why the hell is it that Tom Thibodeau, Avery Johnson, and Jeff Van Gundy arent current head coaches but lesser minded coaches like Mike Woodson, Rick carlisle and Ediie Jordan still have jobs??

I know FVGundy and Avery have had their chances but Thibodeau hasnt even had 1 offer... nothing really..:facepalm:

kvrnm
04-30-2010, 03:38 PM
ya i really think thibodeau had more to do with are championship than doc

ballpd05
04-30-2010, 03:40 PM
I watch coachs like Sloan, Scott Skilels, Popovich, and Nate Mcmillian with typically hard nosed teams..very good defensively.. tough just like coach..

Thibodeau has been the defensive brains behind the scene in Bean town..

Why the hell is it that Tom Thibodeau, Avery Johnson, and Jeff Van Gundy arent current head coaches but lesser minded coaches like Mike Woodson, Rick carlisle and Ediie Jordan still have jobs??

I know FVGundy and Avery have had their chances but Thibodeau hasnt even had 1 offer... nothing really..:facepalm:

Rick Carlisle has a very good resume, and started the building of that Detroit team that Larry Brown won a title with. He also was at the helm of a good Pacer team when the fight in Detroit destroyed that team. He has never had a bad team, so I don't know how you call him a lesser minded coach.

Mike Woodson may be lesser minded as he needs to find a better offense, but his record is impressive especially building on his first year with an 18-win season.

IDK how Eddie Jordan got a job over Thibodeaux. Avery has been waiting for his Dallas contract to expire so he can still collect a check from Cuban, and was denied the Detroit job because he wanted to much control. JVG has been accused of having a conservative offense by players in New York and Houston, even though all his teams play D. Don't know much about Thibodeaux.

magichatnumber9
04-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Tibbs is pretty solid

abe_froman
04-30-2010, 03:53 PM
he will be,maybe takes over for doc soon

KG2TB
04-30-2010, 04:02 PM
How's his offensive mind? How well can he handle players and different personalities? Can he hold players accountable and retain the respect of players? It takes more than being a good defensive mind to be a good coach.

JnasD
04-30-2010, 04:04 PM
I wish The Knicks would get him over Dantoni.