PDA

View Full Version : Hendry on ESPN 1000

davidfox11
04-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Can someone sum this up when he is off the air? I cant listen while at work.

JimHendrysTummy
04-30-2010, 12:46 PM
Pretty sure it's going to be "blah, blah, blah... offense not getting it done... bullpen disappointing... working on deals... blah, blah, blah... better team than this... feel good about our chances... I was told there were free donuts... blah, blah, blah"

cowboydoc45
04-30-2010, 12:46 PM
Pretty sure it's going to be "blah, blah, blah... offense not getting it done... bullpen disappointing... working on deals... blah, blah, blah... better team than this... feel good about our chances... I was told there were free donuts... blah, blah, blah"

:laugh2:

poodski
04-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Did I just miss it?

If so S&W said that Hendry didnt care what Z felt about going to the pen.

JimHendrysTummy
04-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Hendry's working on dealing him, and he's just trying to piss Z off at this point.

poodski
04-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Pretty sure they said he has no interest in trading him.

JimHendrysTummy
04-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Then I'm just not understanding.

I get moving him to the 'pen because our starting rotation is a strength, and the 'pen is a weakness... understood.

'Z has been a big boy about it, when most starters would see it as a demotion... he is taking the upper road, and saying he'll do what it takes to help the team.

So, why would Hendry publicly say he doesn't care what 'Z feels about it... I mean... why create drama where there was none?

Only reason that makes sense to me is that Hendry is trying to upset Zambrano.

Diehdcubsfan2
04-30-2010, 01:01 PM

I get moving him to the 'pen because our starting rotation is a strength, and the 'pen is a weakness... understood.

'Z has been a big boy about it, when most starters would see it as a demotion... he is taking the upper road, and saying he'll do what it takes to help the team.

So, why would Hendry publicly say he doesn't care what 'Z feels about it... I mean... why create drama where there was none?

Well in Cubs land stuff just don't make sense

poodski
04-30-2010, 01:10 PM

Maybe he didnt say that I dont know thats just what Waddle and Silvy were saying. I turned it on after this thread was made so all I got was what those two said

Fah-Q
04-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Maybe Jim is moving Zambrano to the pen so he can showcase Lilly and show that he is healthy as a precursor to a trade. Lot of money to come off the books and he can actually net a return meanwhile moving Z back to the rotation.

cub5win
04-30-2010, 01:33 PM
Maybe Jim is moving Zambrano to the pen so he can showcase Lilly and show that he is healthy as a precursor to a trade. Lot of money to come off the books and he can actually net a return meanwhile moving Z back to the rotation.

Trading Z at this point does more financially than trading Lilly would, he is off the books at the end of the year anyway..... Trade Z not Lilly.

cowboydoc45
04-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Trading Z at this point does more financially than trading Lilly would, he is off the books at the end of the year anyway..... Trade Z not Lilly.

If he is trying to showcase Lilly... yesterday would have done more damage to his value than good.

Fah-Q
04-30-2010, 01:36 PM
Trading Z is not all that easy he has a NTC and he gets paid to much money trading Lilly is more realistic.

Fah-Q
04-30-2010, 01:38 PM
If he is trying to showcase Lilly... yesterday would have done more damage to his value than good.

very true but do you think Jimbo knew he would get rocked he pitched a lot better last time out.

cub5win
04-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Trading Z is not all that easy he has a NTC and he gets paid to much money trading Lilly is more realistic.

But trading Lilly would have minimal effect on the payroll.... he isn't one of our typical overpaid stars.... he produces and is paid accordingly.

Fah-Q
04-30-2010, 01:46 PM
But trading Lilly would have minimal effect on the payroll.... he isn't one of our typical overpaid stars.... he produces and is paid accordingly.

Sure why not :) If Hendry can con Z into waiving his NTC then sure by all means try and find a sucker thats willing to bite. I'm just skeptical that Hendry has the necessary skills to pull that off. So to me Lilly seems a lot easier to move and possibly bring something useful back IMO but hey i'm just speculating who knows.

cub5win
04-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Sure why not :) If Hendry can con Z into waiving his NTC then sure by all means try and find a sucker thats willing to bite. I'm just skeptical that Hendry has the necessary skills to pull that off. So to me Lilly seems a lot easier to move and possibly bring something useful back IMO but hey i'm just speculating who knows.

That is why some people are speculating they put him in the pen (besides having the worst numbers out of all the starters) is to piss him off and get him to waive his NTC.

Fah-Q
04-30-2010, 01:53 PM
That is why some people are speculating they put him in the pen (besides having the worst numbers out of all the starters) is to piss him off and get him to waive his NTC.

Yea I heard that theory before makes sense. But I dunno if Jimbo is that clever I mean look at what hes done with our massive payroll. I personally don't think he has 2 brain cells to rub together.

WorldChamps1908
04-30-2010, 02:19 PM
so...no one has a recap?

davidfox11
04-30-2010, 03:13 PM
so...no one has a recap?

looks that way

JimHendrysTummy
04-30-2010, 03:15 PM
I'm guessing 2nd post of thread is probably pretty close to accurate.

Captain Obvious
04-30-2010, 05:13 PM

Who is a typical overpaid star that doesn't produce?

Dmac
04-30-2010, 06:43 PM

It really wouldn't make much sense. So what if he waives his NTC? They just diminished his value by putting him in the pen. Who is going to trade for a guy that is getting paid 18 million a year for two more years, that was struggling as a starter, and was moved to the pen? Unless the Cubs agree to pay about 75 percent of his remaining contract, he isn't going to get moved.

Trading Lilly does make the most sense because they can get a good return for him, and he is a free agent. There is a good chance he isn't going to be back next year anyway. He is going to get a good contract, and odds are the Cubs aren't going to give him the money he is going to get on the open market because of the other contracts they are already committed to.

jiggin
05-01-2010, 02:15 AM
Who is a typical overpaid star that doesn't produce?

let me create a list of players that are overpaid star that don't produce for their contract:

Vernon Wells
Gary Matthews Jr.
Jeff Suppan
Jason Schmidt
Juan Pierre
Barry Zito
Carlos Silva (mariners uniform days)
Miguel Batista
Andruw Jones (with the dodgers)

some of them fit into current and some are from the past.

I have a much longer list in my head if you want me to add to it.

oh,,, you meant on the Cubs team? I would assume the usual names would come up, Soriano and that HUGE REMAINING CONTRACT...

Captain Obvious
05-01-2010, 02:24 AM
let me create a list of players that are overpaid star that don't produce for their contract:

Vernon Wells
Gary Matthews Jr.
Jeff Suppan
Jason Schmidt
Juan Pierre
Barry Zito
Carlos Silva (mariners uniform days)
Miguel Batista
Andruw Jones (with the dodgers)

some of them fit into current and some are from the past.

I have a much longer list in my head if you want me to add to it.

oh,,, you meant on the Cubs team? I would assume the usual names would come up, Soriano and that HUGE REMAINING CONTRACT...

You mean the same Soriano that has been worth $48.3 MM? The same Soriano that has made 38 MM in his time with the team?

Yagyu+
05-01-2010, 02:26 AM

So long as l get to create IGTs in the Pirates Forum...