PDA

View Full Version : The disgruntled free agent superstars of 2010

Boston Faithful
04-30-2010, 03:59 AM
Let's look at the list:

-Chris Bosh (Raptors failed to make playoffs)
-Dwayne Wade (Ousted in Round 1 in 5 games)
-Dirk Nowitzki (Ousted as the #2 seed in Round 1)

Could be added to the list:
-LeBron James
-Joe Johnson (Highly possible first round exit)
-Carlos Boozer
-Amare Stoudemire (Suns won't pay him the max)

Most of these guys don't have a reason to stay with their team. This is an opportunity for one of the most exciting times in NBA history. As much as I thought guys like Joe Johnson and Dirk would want to stay with their teams, their teams have failed miserably at accomplishing what they want to do. The Mavs have brought in Jason Kidd, Caron Butler, Shawn Marion and Brendan Haywood and still failed to get past the 7th seed. The Hawks are on the verge of losing to the worst team in the playoffs (without Bogut).

Any of these superstars could move to a team that has instant chance of winning a championship. The Knicks (with two max guys), the Heat, the Bulls, and even the Nets could add a superstar and a star and still be in the midst of the playoff race. Don't count out the Thunder either.

abe_froman
04-30-2010, 04:11 AM
none of them are disgruntled,none of them are going to leave(according to the board)

Kyle916
04-30-2010, 04:12 AM
Even with the early exit, Dirk isn't going anywhere.

ldc62
04-30-2010, 05:32 AM
^ Dont be so sure.

Cavs_Fan24
04-30-2010, 07:22 AM
The spurs don't count as a 7 seed. Everyone knew that they are one of the best teams in the league. The only reason they were a 7 seed is because of injuries. I'm not surprised San antonio won, I'm surprised Dallas lost.

That's why dirk will test the market. He won't win anything in Dallas.

sixers247
04-30-2010, 09:51 AM
Omg at least this thread is about a new topic...o wait.....can;t we jsut sticky a 2010 Free agency thread.

IAmKira
04-30-2010, 10:01 AM
count out thunders cuz if they sign a max contract. How the hell r they gonna pay KD, Green and Westbrooks?

GSW Hoops
04-30-2010, 10:02 AM
The spurs don't count as a 7 seed. Everyone knew that they are one of the best teams in the league. The only reason they were a 7 seed is because of injuries. I'm not surprised San antonio won, I'm surprised Dallas lost.

That's why dirk will test the market. He won't win anything in Dallas.

Dallas only had 5 more wins than San Antonio. Considering all the injuries San Antonio had, I don't see this series as an upset at all. It's more like a 2/3 matchup.

Manos
04-30-2010, 10:12 AM
count out thunders cuz if they sign a max contract. How the hell r they gonna pay KD, Green and Westbrooks?

They have 18 mil coming off the books, if need be they can go over the cap to resign there own FA's when the time comes.

Wade_County
04-30-2010, 11:47 AM
Think that always amazed me about Stat, was that the past couple years the Suns have said they will listen to trade offers around the deadline. And then every year he plays like the way hes been playing lately, then the following year its back to "we will listen to offers". I can see him being disgruntled cause of that and the fact that they havent extened him. So I believe he said he wanted to stay in PHX but even if they offer him a extension will he? I dont know, cause he knows that teams out there like: Miami, NYK, etc want him.

Carey
04-30-2010, 11:54 AM

Thunder....i doubt we want a max deal, but if we did we do a sign and trade...oh and wow, Westbrook lol

JOSKOMANG4
04-30-2010, 12:12 PM
Chris Bosh in a thunder uni?? I'd like the idea but I honestly believe they won't go after a max-contract player. My guess, David Lee.. 5yr 42.5 mill.

& Do not be surprised if the Knicks land both A'Mare Stoudamire(max contract) & SG Joe Johnson(5yr 82mill).

Oh, btw.. Dwayne Wade.. Chicago Bull(max contract)

prash
04-30-2010, 01:52 PM
We don`t want Bosh either. His numbers are inflated because the Raps are the Golden State Warriors / Phoenix Suns of the east.

I say ship his a55 with Turkey in some deal and get some new talent in this town.

mudvayne387
04-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Chris Bosh in a thunder uni?? I'd like the idea but I honestly believe they won't go after a max-contract player. My guess, David Lee.. 5yr 42.5 mill.

& Do not be surprised if the Knicks land both A'Mare Stoudamire(max contract) & SG Joe Johnson(5yr 82mill).

Oh, btw.. Dwayne Wade.. Chicago Bull(max contract)

Lee will not fetch less then 10Mill/Year, and is probably seeking 11-12. If he can be had for 8.5 the Knicks will surely re-sign him.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-30-2010, 02:14 PM
all your threads are stupid

and bucks are not the worst team in the playoffs:facepalm:

JordansBulls
04-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Let's look at the list:

-Chris Bosh (Raptors failed to make playoffs)
-Dwayne Wade (Ousted in Round 1 in 5 games)
-Dirk Nowitzki (Ousted as the #2 seed in Round 1)

-LeBron James
-Joe Johnson (Highly possible first round exit)
-Carlos Boozer
-Amare Stoudemire (Suns won't pay him the max)

Most of these guys don't have a reason to stay with their team. This is an opportunity for one of the most exciting times in NBA history. As much as I thought guys like Joe Johnson and Dirk would want to stay with their teams, their teams have failed miserably at accomplishing what they want to do. The Mavs have brought in Jason Kidd, Caron Butler, Shawn Marion and Brendan Haywood and still failed to get past the 7th seed. The Hawks are on the verge of losing to the worst team in the playoffs (without Bogut).

Any of these superstars could move to a team that has instant chance of winning a championship. The Knicks (with two max guys), the Heat, the Bulls, and even the Nets could add a superstar and a star and still be in the midst of the playoff race. Don't count out the Thunder either.

Well Amare will stay if the Suns make the WCF. The rest hopefully go down in the 1st round or 2nd round that way I know the Bulls get someone good next season.:D

jrm2054
04-30-2010, 04:35 PM
they own the bird rights to all those players and can go way over the cap in resigning them they would just be stuck paying a tax but they would have a great team

drobe86
04-30-2010, 05:10 PM
Lol@ Dirk being disgruntled. He will never leave Dallas. Besides it would tarnish his legacy if he were to go to a stacked team and win a title. (A la boston 2008). Nobody thinks of those 3 as greatest 50 player candidates because well.... They aren't. I mean if you put Dirk with 2 other all stars he would win a ring too. Hell if you put any top 10 player on a team with 2 other All Star/Super Star caliber players they would win a title.

orangeandbrown
04-30-2010, 10:48 PM
Z and Shaq retire Dirk comes to Cleveland

PC
04-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Z and Shaq retire Dirk comes to Cleveland

You do know that even if the Cavs don't bring back Shaq and Z, they would only be able to offer Dirk the MLE...

orangeandbrown
05-01-2010, 03:41 AM
Just wishing!

comet_10
05-01-2010, 03:55 AM
how can you knock a franchise for putting 3 all stars on one team?? and correct me if im wrong but j kidd, dirk all stars and butler and marion either all stars once or really close therefore good enough to count as a 3rd so ur team is just as bad, wait, ur worse because u lost in the 1st round again

comet_10
05-01-2010, 03:58 AM
marion 4 times and butler reserve twice

Ebbs
05-01-2010, 04:07 AM
Let's look at the list:

-Chris Bosh (Raptors failed to make playoffs) Will leave :Dallas or Miami:

-Dwayne Wade (Ousted in Round 1 in 5 games) Stays if they sign a superstar leaves if they dont.

-Dirk Nowitzki (Ousted as the #2 seed in Round 1) Stays unfortunately I could see him being traded but he wont opt out.

-LeBron James (NYK)
-Joe Johnson (Highly possible first round exit) gone
-Carlos Boozer if Jazz win he stays
-Amare Stoudemire (Suns won't pay him the max) gone

bolded my opinions.

sintaks12
05-01-2010, 06:57 AM
Lol@ Dirk being disgruntled. He will never leave Dallas. Besides it would tarnish his legacy if he were to go to a stacked team and win a title. (A la boston 2008). Nobody thinks of those 3 as greatest 50 player candidates because well.... They aren't. I mean if you put Dirk with 2 other all stars he would win a ring too. Hell if you put any top 10 player on a team with 2 other All Star/Super Star caliber players they would win a title.

LOL... he's already on a stacked team. And... what "legacy." He's a great player don't get me wrong, but when you say the word legacy you better have at least one ring. He's Charles Barkley. A great player who never got it done.

Reversed86Curse
05-01-2010, 08:29 AM

This is a fail from the beginning.

Legacy? His legacy is being a top 10 player for the past decade playing on some pretty stacked teams and not winning a ring.

And your right, most players could win a ring with two other all-star/super star caliber players, let alone 4--- except Dirk that is.

Better luck next time!