PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Miller stick to shooting 3s

ahmedsubs
04-30-2010, 01:19 AM
How annoying is Reggie Miller? I actually had to watch the game on mute today after he proclaimed "the french man! boubois!," in his nasally annoying voice. It seems like he trys to have a funny personality when he is just a clown who can shoot a basketball. I cant stand the way he commentates and TNT needs to fire him. You can sign the Fire Reggie Miller Petition Here!!!!! His sister can go to.

NetsPaint
04-30-2010, 01:23 AM
I'm a Knicks fan and I even I like him commentating.

jimbobjarree
04-30-2010, 01:24 AM
I actually really liked him and Marv in the 2 of our games they announced this year.

its just jon barry who I oppose

Shady66
04-30-2010, 01:25 AM
Hes alright.

Draco
04-30-2010, 01:26 AM
I like Reggie's commentating..

ldc62
04-30-2010, 01:27 AM
Hes actually pretty good... whats with the recent hate?

Geargo Wallace
04-30-2010, 01:30 AM
nawttt baaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddd

NYK_kidd77
04-30-2010, 01:32 AM
Hes ok just bothers me when he starts yelling going into commercials and it sounds like hes gargling water.

IversonIsKrazy
04-30-2010, 01:35 AM
I like him, he makes smart observations, its just that guy he was with today, was is Jon Barry? cause i hate him, i love Marv though, great announcer.

Trouble87
04-30-2010, 01:36 AM
stop hating

your personal opinion on Reggie Miller isn't thread worthy

Sadds The Gr8
04-30-2010, 01:36 AM
i like Reggie i think he's funny. Cheryl is the Miller that I hate.

ahmedsubs
04-30-2010, 01:37 AM
stop hating

your personal opinion on Reggie Miller isn't thread worthy

You comment isnt comment worthy get outta my thread

RipVW
04-30-2010, 01:40 AM
How annoying is Reggie Miller? I actually had to watch the game on mute today after he proclaimed "the french man! boubois!," in his nasally annoying voice. It seems like he trys to have a funny personality when he is just a clown who can shoot a basketball. I cant stand the way he commentates and TNT needs to fire him. You can sign the Fire Reggie Miller Petition Here!!!!! His sister can go to.

Would you also like a written letter of apology from the president of TNT?

ahmedsubs
04-30-2010, 01:46 AM
Would you also like a written letter of apology from the president of TNT?

No all i ask is for people to share my hatred.... and for him to be fired!

Sadds The Gr8
04-30-2010, 01:47 AM

looks like your in the minority on this one.

tredigs
04-30-2010, 01:48 AM

haha @ every person disagreeing with you. "Thread Fail"?

topdog
04-30-2010, 01:51 AM

What's wrong with that? It sounds like you just personally don't like Reggie. Everyone has their opinion but I think you should back up why he should be fired... with arguments aside from "his voice annoys me."

jimbobjarree
04-30-2010, 01:55 AM

this

JiffyMix88
04-30-2010, 01:58 AM
this

you know what i do like about cheryl, is when she ask a question and the player/coach doesnt want to answer she'll either force it out of them or ask them the same question in another way....lol the players/coaches get so pissed!

Sadds The Gr8
04-30-2010, 02:11 AM
you know what i do like about cheryl, is when she ask a question and the player/coach doesnt want to answer she'll either force it out of them or ask them the same question in another way....lol the players/coaches get so pissed!

it's not when she does interviews where she's bad, it's when she analyzes games on NBATV. OMFG I wanna jump out the friggin window she's soooo damn annoying and tries to be funny when she's NOT FUNNY AT ALL!

Gilly1254
04-30-2010, 02:14 AM
Reggie does kind of annoy when when he commentates, not saying I hate him or anything. I dont think he should be fired or does a bad job either. Just wish he could do something with his voice.

iverson55
04-30-2010, 02:18 AM
R.M he is a great player!

jackdawson
04-30-2010, 02:32 AM
Reggie Miller is pretty good, but I can't stand his sister. Most of the time she doesn't know what the hell she is talking about except screaming out loud for nothing really exciting. (Besides, she acts like a whore).

RipVW
04-30-2010, 02:32 AM
looks like your in the minority on this one.

Actually, Reggie's not my favorite either. Hate is too strong of a word for me at this point but that doesnt mean it wont turn into hate at some point in the future if he annoys me enough.

But as of now, the only guy I can think of that I actually hate is Mark Jackson.

Sadds The Gr8
04-30-2010, 02:34 AM
Actually, Reggie's not my favorite either. Hate is too strong of a word for me at this point but that doesnt mean it wont turn into hate at some point in the future if he annoys me enough.

But as of now, the only guy I can think of that I actually hate is Mark Jackson.

yea but most people in this thread like Reggie. and u don't like Mark Jackson??? Wtf? He's my favourite color commentator atm.

JLynn943
04-30-2010, 02:38 AM
When Reggie isn't talking about himself he's alright.

How he speaks to other people gets on my nerves though. He usually sounds like he's talking down to people.

DodgerBulls
04-30-2010, 02:38 AM

lol why? is it the story Reggie told about Cheryl dominating him in basketball and when she broke Reggie's heart? hahhaa. I think Reggie scored 40+ in a game, obviously he was excited and can't wait to tell Cheryl about how he dominated in that game, but later to find out that on that same day, Cheryl scored 100+ in a game!

Sadds The Gr8
04-30-2010, 02:44 AM
lol why?

I explained it above. she's annoying as hell!!!!!

Joshtd1
04-30-2010, 02:47 AM
Im with the OP..cant stand Miller commentating. I just get annoyed by the way he tries to sound emotional, but it just sounds so forced. I've never really heard anything from him that I thought was funny either. Mark Jackson and Hubie Brown are the other guys I really dont care for either.

iggypop123
04-30-2010, 02:49 AM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/0608_reggie_miller_1372452_flynet_exc.jpg

Sadds The Gr8
04-30-2010, 02:51 AM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/0608_reggie_miller_1372452_flynet_exc.jpg

:laugh2:

JiffyMix88
04-30-2010, 03:04 AM
lol why? is it the story Reggie told about Cheryl dominating him in basketball and when she broke Reggie's heart? hahhaa. I think Reggie scored 40+ in a game, obviously he was excited and can't wait to tell Cheryl about how he dominated in that game, but later to find out that on that same day, Cheryl scored 100+ in a game!

that is funny but that doesnt mean there funny thats life being funny

ryder78c
04-30-2010, 03:15 AM
Then dont watch lol

Kashmir13579
04-30-2010, 03:51 AM
Marv bites hookers. :facepalm: reggies alright announcer, obviously a better player. this thread is ******** like reggies sister

DerekRE_3
04-30-2010, 03:53 AM
I actually really liked him and Marv in the 2 of our games they announced this year.

its just jon barry who I oppose

Take that back. Jon Barry is a former Bench Mob member with the Kings.

barreleffact
04-30-2010, 09:28 AM
he says some dumb things sometimes too. one of the most hated things i hear is X can score with the best of them....he said that about george hill. george mutha effin hill! dont get me wrong the kid is a beast, but the best of them??? really? as far as I know the best can score 40 on any given night, 50 on rare occasions, and 60 or better when in a special moment. george hill can NOT score with the best of em...not by any stretch of the imagination. reggie is an ok commentator but the only ones i rly like are those that used to be coaches or should be coaches. JVG, Marc jackon, hewbie brown says some smart things that make me respect him. 1/2 time shows belong to stewart scott and charles barkley, pretty much everyone else is weak except the jet hsometimes. and wat ever happened to stephen A?

Rivera
04-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Bobious baby flash

wileyisTOFU
04-30-2010, 09:44 AM

Another person *****ing about **** and not offering a solution?? Check the mans immigration papers!

GSW Hoops
04-30-2010, 09:45 AM
I can't stand Reggie Miller, but his sister is 10x more annoying. Get rid of both of them.

Raidaz4Life
04-30-2010, 09:51 AM
I am a huge Reggie Miller fan and really don't mind what he says but oh boy his voice can get to me after a little while, definitely not the prototypical announcing voice.

I really dislike Hubie Brown.... he just really annoys me.

GSW Hoops
04-30-2010, 09:58 AM
I am a huge Reggie Miller fan and really don't mind what he says but oh boy his voice can get to me after a little while, definitely not the prototypical announcing voice.

I really dislike Hubie Brown.... he just really annoys me.

Hubie is awesome. Every play is like a film session. Teaches you a ton about the ins and outs of the game.

blacknell
04-30-2010, 10:00 AM
looks like alone on this one

20GoodTimes20
04-30-2010, 10:02 AM
i love Reggie as a player but...

the dude has a tattoo around his belly button :facepalm:

ackar
04-30-2010, 10:07 AM
Reggie is fine at least he knows what he is talking about most of the time.

JNA17
04-30-2010, 10:11 AM
i like reggie but i do hate his voice most of the time. It makes me want to punch a baby.

RipVW
04-30-2010, 10:51 AM
yea but most people in this thread like Reggie. and u don't like Mark Jackson??? Wtf? He's my favourite color commentator atm.

Yeah, Mark Jackson sucks. He's really awful.

Toadman
04-30-2010, 11:47 AM
I don't don't mind him, at least he knows what he's talking about. Look's like this thread ain't going your way!

arkanian215
04-30-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm a Knicks fan and I even I like him commentating.

You're a knicks fan? Thank god. What's with the username then?

topdog
04-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Mark Jackson and Hubie Brown are the other guys I really dont care for either.

Oh come on - Hubie is just a lost old man who has wandered into the announcers booth. He just wants to teach the youngster how the game is played.

Mark Jackson I used to be cool with, especially as sidekick to JVG but now it's like whichever ESPN writer said that he seems to be interviewing for a coaching position every game instead of just reacting and commentating.

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
04-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Reggie and his sister should be sideline together

Hustla23
04-30-2010, 12:29 PM
He's better than Mark Jackson at least.

Hearing " Mama, there goes that man " after the 50000000th time isn't really all that appealing anymore.

RipVW
04-30-2010, 12:35 PM
He's better than Mark Jackson at least.

Hearing " Mama, there goes that man " after the 50000000th time isn't really all that appealing anymore.

"Branding" at ESPN seems to be a big deal. When Sean Salisbury left ESPN he said something about creating a brand and when he did that, stuff started to make sense as to why so many of their personalities trot out all their tired catch phrases. Unfortunatley, that phrase is stuck to Mark Jackson now and because he works for ESPN, you can count on being beaten over the head with it in the same way you do with the tired Bermanisms and stale Stuart Scott catch phrases.

Plus his passive aggressive axe grinding sucks too.

JonnyBrav000
04-30-2010, 12:52 PM

Well not everyone is going to have the same opinion as you. Miller is smart, and entertaining, he won't be fired, so get used to watching the games on mute. And yes I agree with the many of you that says Miller is good and Barry is the one that sucks.

However, Cheryl Miller is annoying. And Mark Jackson is corny.

Hustla23
04-30-2010, 12:53 PM
"Branding" at ESPN seems to be a big deal. When Sean Salisbury left ESPN he said something about creating a brand and when he did that, stuff started to make sense as to why so many of their personalities trot out all their tired catch phrases. Unfortunatley, that phrase is stuck to Mark Jackson now and because he works for ESPN, you can count on being beaten over the head with it in the same way you do with the tired Bermanisms and stale Stuart Scott catch phrases.

Plus his passive aggressive axe grinding sucks too.
That's a good point.

ESPN receives all the bashing it does here on PSD because most of us are pretty die-hard sports fans. The generality that ESPN throws out there doesn't really suit the taste of a die-hard.

I guess you can't blame ESPN for attempting to appeal to the masses as opposed to a select few.

But it still doesn't make it less crappy. :pity:

TNT has the best cast period. Kevin Harlan is a bawsss.

RipVW
04-30-2010, 12:58 PM
That's a good point.

ESPN receives all the bashing it does here on PSD because most of us are pretty die-hard sports fans. The generality that ESPN throws out there doesn't really suit the taste of a die-hard.

I guess you can't blame ESPN for attempting to appeal to the masses as opposed to a select few.

But it still doesn't make it less crappy. :pity:

TNT has the best cast period. Kevin Harlan is a bawsss.

Yeah, pretty much every announcing team for TNT is better than anyone for ESPN. I like Hubie Brown a lot but I cant stand Mike Tirico, Mike Breen, or Dan Schulman. Dick Stockton, Marv Albert, and Kevin Harlan each are better than anything ESPN has. ESPN likes to come up with their own guys to do stuff (like Berman doing baseball and Tirico doing everything) and they often suck. TNT goes after quality over self promoting branding.

ecorrea
04-30-2010, 01:04 PM
whats with all the reggie love...

he commentated like 3 of the bulls cavs and was absolutely horrible

smith&wesson
04-30-2010, 01:05 PM

x2

i hate cheryl too. yuukkk

but reggie is reggie ,, he is a hall of famer, respek where its due .

smith&wesson
04-30-2010, 01:07 PM

did you know that reggie miller was the only man that was able to get in jordans head in a game, jordan actually went on to strangle reggie in a game once.

lol
do you have the mj syndrome ?? feel like strangling reggie ?

GSW Hoops
04-30-2010, 01:12 PM
x2

i hate cheryl too. yuukkk

but reggie is reggie ,, he is a hall of famer, respek where its due .

Reggie is a Hall of Famer? What exactly did he do that was HOF worthy?

If Reggie is a Hall of Famer, Dirk is the GOAT.

samanjerry
04-30-2010, 01:15 PM
good luck idiot like they gonna listen to ur sorry ***

cav_till_i_die
04-30-2010, 01:17 PM
A lot of people like Reggie Miller, and his commentating, you just seem to be a hater.

Hustla23
04-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Yeah, pretty much every announcing team for TNT is better than anyone for ESPN. I like Hubie Brown a lot but I cant stand Mike Tirico, Mike Breen, or Dan Schulman. Dick Stockton, Marv Albert, and Kevin Harlan each are better than anything ESPN has. ESPN likes to come up with their own guys to do stuff (like Berman doing baseball and Tirico doing everything) and they often suck. TNT goes after quality over self promoting branding.
LOL You just naming all the ESPN dweebs in comparison to the TNT guys really puts things in perspective.

I thought Tirico worked for TNT ?

He kinda sucks.

But word, Hubie Brown is a great color commentator. You can tell he's so passionate about the game and he actually knows his stuff as he'll point out exactly how and why a specific set play for a team worked by going through all the steps. It's a great treat.

It's alot better than Mark Jackson whose only descriptions of plays are " Shane Battier played great defense but Kobe said nuh-uh. I'll take better offense over better defense any day of the week. Also, mama there goes that man. " Also, insert a snipe at Jeff Van Gundy in there somewhere LOL. It's so ******** and the fact that this guy dumbs plays down to the level of a baby monkey with his overuse of cliche phrases seriously offends me as an intellectual fan of the game. Hubie gives you your time's worth.

xBLAMEITON24x
04-30-2010, 02:40 PM
i like him as a commentator

KG2TB
04-30-2010, 02:40 PM
LOL You just naming all the ESPN dweebs in comparison to the TNT guys really puts things in perspective.

He kinda sucks.

But word, Hubie Brown is a great color commentator. You can tell he's so passionate about the game and he actually knows his stuff as he'll point out exactly how and why a specific set play for a team worked by going through all the steps. It's a great treat.

It's alot better than Mark Jackson whose only descriptions of plays are " Shane Battier played great defense but Kobe said nuh-uh. I'll take better offense over better defense any day of the week. Also, mama there goes that man. " Also, insert a snipe at Jeff Van Gundy in there somewhere LOL. It's so ******** and the fact that this guy dumbs plays down to the level of a baby monkey with his overuse of cliche phrases seriously offends me as an intellectual fan of the game. Hubie gives you your time's worth.

Agree with everything you just said. Hubie is the man! Marc Jackson and Van Gundy are more like comic relief to the game rather than actual insight. It is pretty much offensive.

Mile High Champ
04-30-2010, 02:59 PM
He is my fmy favorite basketball player of all time and I happen to believe he his also a half decent commentator. He does a good job.

RipVW
04-30-2010, 03:00 PM

He kinda sucks.

I agree with everything you said.

I remember when Mark Jackson opened 2008 NBA finals by saying that he thought Kobe was at or above Jordans level. It was kind of laughable at the time but even more laughable as that series unfolded and Kobe wasnt able to take over. In fact, Paul Pierce got the better of him with an injured leg. But it became apparent how artificial the hype was. And why was the hype necessary? Its probably for the same reason theyre constantly telling you that Tide laundry detergent is new and improved. Imagine how it would be if they told you that Tide had regressed and isnt as good as it was 10 years ago. So, I think when it comes to ESPN theres a lot of artificial hype and you see it a lot with Mark Jackson cowtowing to the Laker audience. It also seems like he could be doing a lot of passive aggressive axe grinding against Jordan where hyping Kobe is concerned.

Theres no way Barkley could work for ESPN. He's too honest and sometimes his honesty wouldnt line up with ESPNs bigger objectives.

As a Jordan era fan, I can watch the game today and appreciate it for what it is. There are some great players and Kobe is one of them. Ill freely admit that. But the artificial hype is hard to take. I get sick of ESPN shoving it in my face.

Its weird. When I grew up watching basketball, CBS had the NBA, followed by NBC and I dont remember them one time fixating on whether or not Bird was better than Russell or whether Kareem is better than Chamberlain and Russell, or whether Magic was better than Oscar Robertson. But since sportstalk radio has exploded, it seems that ESPN has kind of married its broadcasts with its sports talk radio...and so comparisons are more rampant.

It seems like there's a lot behind the hype and branding that goes on with ESPN.

heatking
04-30-2010, 04:34 PM
The French-Man Boubois!

Miller is a beast.

ballpd05
04-30-2010, 04:54 PM

Same here. Van Gundy and Mark Jackson are the best duo. "momma there goes that man!!!"

By the way Cheryl always looks drunk or high or just on some other sh** when i see her on nba tv. Eric Snow is always looking at here like wtf.

pippsux
04-30-2010, 05:10 PM
I like him, he is a natural. Got to say, there isn't anybody broadcasting NBA games right now that I can't stand.

Hustla23
04-30-2010, 05:21 PM
I agree with everything you said.

I remember when Mark Jackson opened 2008 NBA finals by saying that he thought Kobe was at or above Jordans level. It was kind of laughable at the time but even more laughable as that series unfolded and Kobe wasnt able to take over. In fact, Paul Pierce got the better of him with an injured leg. But it became apparent how artificial the hype was. And why was the hype necessary? Its probably for the same reason theyre constantly telling you that Tide laundry detergent is new and improved. Imagine how it would be if they told you that Tide had regressed and isnt as good as it was 10 years ago. So, I think when it comes to ESPN theres a lot of artificial hype and you see it a lot with Mark Jackson cowtowing to the Laker audience. It also seems like he could be doing a lot of passive aggressive axe grinding against Jordan where hyping Kobe is concerned.

Theres no way Barkley could work for ESPN. He's too honest and sometimes his honesty wouldnt line up with ESPNs bigger objectives.

As a Jordan era fan, I can watch the game today and appreciate it for what it is. There are some great players and Kobe is one of them. Ill freely admit that. But the artificial hype is hard to take. I get sick of ESPN shoving it in my face.

Its weird. When I grew up watching basketball, CBS had the NBA, followed by NBC and I dont remember them one time fixating on whether or not Bird was better than Russell or whether Kareem is better than Chamberlain and Russell, or whether Magic was better than Oscar Robertson. But since sportstalk radio has exploded, it seems that ESPN has kind of married its broadcasts with its sports talk radio...and so comparisons are more rampant.

It seems like there's a lot behind the hype and branding that goes on with ESPN.
Haha you should definitely post more often.

Agree 100%.

I guess we should be thankful that ESPN doesn't have a complete monopoly over sports.

OG "Dee" LOCc
04-30-2010, 05:30 PM
I thought it was just me, hes annoying as hell

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-30-2010, 05:43 PM
CLICk CLICK DWYANE!!

Aapox
04-30-2010, 05:53 PM
MARK JACKSON is the one who should not be commentating games. He's seriously an idiot. I hate him. It's even worse that they put him with friggin SVG