PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams first player ever to get 20+ ppg and 10+ apg in first 5 games ...

JordansBulls
04-29-2010, 10:14 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_14981123

As has been the case throughout the best-of-seven set, the fifth-year player from Illinois was spectacular. For the fifth straight contest, Williams finished with a double-double, 34 points, including five 3-pointers, and 10 assists — in the process becoming the first player in league history to accomplish the feat.

Deron Williams first player ever to get 20+ ppg and 10+ apg in first 5 games of the playoffs.

DCB/LAL
04-29-2010, 10:16 PM
I ask will this guy ever be in consideration for best in the league? The guy can just take over playoff games its insane.

RaptorsFanatic
04-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Officially the best PG in the league.

IAmKira
04-29-2010, 10:24 PM

why u got a kobe pic but u a rap fan huh?

D1JM
04-29-2010, 10:26 PM

he officially took Chris Paul throne.

RaptorsFanatic
04-29-2010, 10:26 PM

Hmmm. Let me analyze this question. Well, I'm from Toronto so I'm a die hard fan, but wait, Lakers are my second favourite team and Kobe is one of my favourite players'.

:rolleyes:

Ray_R
04-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Illini :worthy:

JNA17
04-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Deron Williams has been the best PG in the league for the past 2 or 3 years. He's just starting to finally get the recognition he deserves. Chris Paul on the other hand is looking very overrated right now.

IAmKira
04-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Hmmm. Let me analyze this question. Well, I'm from Toronto so I'm a die hard fan, but wait, Lakers are my second favourite team and Kobe is one of my favourite players'.

oh i see.. ur a homer first and then a bandwagoner 2nd. Who did u cheer for during the 81 pts game? :whistle::whistle:

jimbobjarree
04-29-2010, 10:43 PM
beast

TheKing23
04-29-2010, 10:49 PM
Deron Williams is so sexual.

He is the best PG in the league at the moment and that hurts for me to say it because I have a huge man crush on CP3. I think it's unfair to say CP3 is overrated as he's struggled with injuries all season.

I can't wait to see those two battle for title of best PG next season, but as it stands Deron has it pretty comfortably.

RaptorsFanatic
04-29-2010, 10:49 PM
oh i see.. ur a homer first and then a bandwagoner 2nd. Who did u cheer for during the 81 pts game? :whistle::whistle:

LOL So I'm a homer just for a being a fan of my city's team, and I'm a bandwagon just because I follow the Lakers.

Great comeback, absolutely great. :clap:

IversonIsKrazy
04-29-2010, 10:51 PM
I have been saying he is the best since Mid-last year. This guy is a BEAST

Geargo Wallace
04-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Deron Williams has been the best PG in the league for the past 2 or 3 years. He's just starting to finally get the recognition he deserves. Chris Paul on the other hand is looking very overrated right now.

Its easy to look overrated when you're injured.

jimbobjarree
04-29-2010, 10:54 PM

this

dukejazz
04-29-2010, 10:59 PM
deron williams is the best. ;) No questions asked. CP3 is injury prone

ldc62
04-29-2010, 11:07 PM
I said he was the best since the beginning of the season... and everyone was killing me.

Jumba
04-29-2010, 11:54 PM
Even last year when DWill had his ankle injury he was sexual.

Sex!

JNA17
04-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Its easy to look overrated when you're injured.

look at the part where i said past TWO or THREE years. If Paul has been injured for the past 2 or 3 years then he really is not the best point guard at all :eyebrow:

dukejazz
04-29-2010, 11:58 PM
Even last year when DWill had his ankle injury he was sexual.

Sex!

Kinda confused about all these sexual comments etc?

jimbobjarree
04-30-2010, 12:00 AM
cus he's so erotically sexual

clutchski
04-30-2010, 12:02 AM
Wow that's pretty cool; Let's go Jazz :D

Raph12
04-30-2010, 12:03 AM
CP3 healthy>>>D-Will IMO... Not saying D-Will isn't beast though.

D1JM
04-30-2010, 12:17 AM
cus he's so erotically sexual

when you are having sex, do you think of d Will?:censored:

jimbobjarree
04-30-2010, 12:23 AM
why, is it wierd to ask girls to put on a deron williams mask first?

RaptorsFanatic
04-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Terrible jokes.

DerekRE_3
04-30-2010, 12:25 AM

If it were me being asked I wouldn't think twice about it.

Toenail Clipper
04-30-2010, 12:27 AM
I don't care, I don't think he has much fans in the NBA. But then again, as someone reads this, someone will say "at least he has more fans than the Clippers, blah blah blah"

tredigs
04-30-2010, 12:45 AM
Dood Deron WIlliamz is the best PG in the NBA I been saying this 4 liek 7 years now.

jimbobjarree
04-30-2010, 12:48 AM
Terrible jokes.

haha your sig actually made me laugh out loud

jimbobjarree
04-30-2010, 12:49 AM
I don't care, I don't think he has much fans in the NBA. But then again, as someone reads this, someone will say "at least he has more fans than the Clippers, blah blah blah"

wow you really do have a very large stick up your arse about the Jazz dont you. Wierd.

Sadds The Gr8
04-30-2010, 02:21 AM
Wow he's dominating this series. Deron untied his shorts, dropped them to the floor, squated down, clenched his *** cheeks, and took a nice **** on Billups this series.

D-Will4Prez
04-30-2010, 02:38 AM
Wow he's dominating this series. Deron untied his shorts, dropped them to the floor, squated down, clenched his *** cheeks, and took a nice **** on Billups this series.

This.

JayW_1023
04-30-2010, 04:53 AM
Beast.

dukejazz
04-30-2010, 11:11 AM

lol ok as long as nobody is gay its fine i guess. :)

Gibby23
04-30-2010, 11:16 AM

If it were me being asked I wouldn't think twice about it.

I didn't even know you were a chick...

Hawkeye15
04-30-2010, 11:17 AM
he has been a beast in the playoffs.

Carey
04-30-2010, 11:30 AM

This

jimbobjarree
04-30-2010, 11:35 AM
I didn't even know you were a chick...

dereks got both male and female parts

GSW Hoops
04-30-2010, 11:35 AM

I'm a Warriors fan who also a BASKETBALL fan, which means I enjoy watching other teams and other players, including Kobe. Does that make me a homer and bandwagoner too?

GSW Hoops
04-30-2010, 11:36 AM

So a guy gets injured and that means he's overrated?

dukejazz
04-30-2010, 11:42 AM
chris paul is overrated because he cant win in the playoffs. To be a good point guard you have to be able to win in the playoffs and not always be injured.

lakersrock
04-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Deron is bigger and stronger, he's got a better shot and he knows how to score a ton and still pass. Not to mention he's on another planet defensively. I'd take him over CP3 any day of the week.

Gibby23
04-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Deron is bigger and stronger, he's got a better shot and he knows how to score a ton and still pass. Not to mention he's on another planet defensively. I'd take him over CP3 any day of the week.

Twice on Sundays..

jimbobjarree
04-30-2010, 11:50 AM
I love Deron, but this hate on CP3 is a bit harsh just cus he's been struggling with injuries this year. Cant we just acknowledge Deron's achievement without comparing him to CP3 for once?

Gibby23
04-30-2010, 11:52 AM
I love Deron, but this hate on CP3 is a bit harsh just cus he's been struggling with injuries this year. Cant we just acknowledge Deron's achievement without comparing him to CP3 for once?

No, that is like talking about Lebron without talking about Kobe. This will go on for the rest of their careers..

jimbobjarree
04-30-2010, 12:03 PM
I guess, it just seems like when one does well people feel the need to just insult the other guy, its wierd.

I never get involved in the Lebron-Kobe discussions

dukejazz
04-30-2010, 12:24 PM
You ahve to cmpare the 2 because jazz could of got either one. They are forever linked because of that draft etc.

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
04-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Deron is no questions the best pg in the nba... any team would be lucky to have him

Toenail Clipper
04-30-2010, 01:17 PM
wow you really do have a very large stick up your arse about the Jazz dont you. Wierd.

I don't like the Jazz at all and their home court. There's something about Deron Williams that make me think he's like a thug and arrogant. Most of the players just camp inside, and either make a dunk or a layup. The only player I like is AK47 and his amazing blocks, but he sucks now.

pebloemer
04-30-2010, 01:27 PM

Just because someone likes their own team and wants them to win, does not mean they are a "homer." And just because people like players not on their own team and enjoy watching other teams play doesn't mean they are "bandwagoners."

I swear people throw these terms around so much that they lose all meaning...

I think the fact that he follows other teams and appreciates players from other teams is evidence to support him NOT being a homer...

LOL So I'm a homer just for a being a fan of my city's team, and I'm a bandwagon just because I follow the Lakers.

Great comeback, absolutely great. :clap:

Yah, the ignorance is quite something...

I'm a Warriors fan who also a BASKETBALL fan, which means I enjoy watching other teams and other players, including Kobe. Does that make me a homer and bandwagoner too?

I think every basketball fan must be both a homer and a bandwagoner by his logic ;).

JordansBulls
04-30-2010, 04:00 PM
If Deron beats Melo this series, will he be considered better?

Gibby23
04-30-2010, 04:05 PM

Ohh, make a thread, make a thread!

tredigs
04-30-2010, 04:11 PM

What don't you guys get about the fact that basketball is a TEAM sport, ESPECIALLY in the playoffs when matchups/exploiting those matchups are king. Should I assume that you think Dwight Howard is a better player than Lebron then?

Deron and Melo don't even play the same position, there's no way to make a concrete argument of who's better based on a team's victory.

THAT said, yeah he's better than Melo. Whether the Jazz win or not, he's better. Melo is astoundingly overrated for the fact that he's a master on the offensive end. But the guy doesn't know the first thing about defense, and doesn't pretend to. It's actually ironic that I'm making this argument because his team has all the capabilities to be a Finals team, but you can't expect to get there when the leader of your team mails it in on one side of the court.

dukejazz
04-30-2010, 04:16 PM
I don't like the Jazz at all and their home court. There's something about Deron Williams that make me think he's like a thug and arrogant. Most of the players just camp inside, and either make a dunk or a layup. The only player I like is AK47 and his amazing blocks, but he sucks now.

lol deron williams a thug? He's actually a real good family man and takes care of his wife and kida and gpoes to his sons games etc. To call hima thug is arrogant.Also your a clippers fan and you dont see anybody making fun of you. ;)

SteveNash
04-30-2010, 05:15 PM

Deron's always been better.

SAiNi_21
04-30-2010, 05:35 PM
D-Will has been lights out so far ... however comparing his accomplishments to Chris Paul's is just not fair, Deron is a apart of an organization with an all world coach and an above average to excellent supporting cast comparing that to Chris Paul who has been held down with injuries, lacks a good head coach and has an average at best supporting cast is unfair .... but they are both all world talents and right now I would have to say D-Will is better

SteveNash
04-30-2010, 05:46 PM
D-Will has been lights out so far ... however comparing his accomplishments to Chris Paul's is just not fair, Deron is a apart of an organization with an all world coach and an above average to excellent supporting cast comparing that to Chris Paul who has been held down with injuries, lacks a good head coach and has an average at best supporting cast is unfair .... but they are both all world talents and right now I would have to say D-Will is better

All world talent featuring CJ Miles, Wesley Matthews, and Kyrylo Fesenko.

Squad13
04-30-2010, 05:51 PM
I've said he was the best for 2 years now, dude is a beast! His hair is a trip though, in HD it looks like Vinyl in the front

dukejazz
04-30-2010, 06:06 PM

lol ya great cast haha. good point ;)

Toenail Clipper
04-30-2010, 08:21 PM
lol deron williams a thug? He's actually a real good family man and takes care of his wife and kida and gpoes to his sons games etc. To call hima thug is arrogant.Also your a clippers fan and you dont see anybody making fun of you. ;)

yeah, well I just don't like the Jazz. Besides, it's the consensus that a healthy CP3 is better than Deron Williams.

Shammyguy3
04-30-2010, 08:49 PM
Up until CP3 got injured, a very large majority of people believed him to be better than Deron Williams. Only thing Deron had on CP3 at that point was the head-to-head matchups. Now all of a sudden Deron is the best in the league and CP3 is overrated.

The reactions of some people is ridiculous. Let's wait until both are healthy again so we aren't living in the moment.

O, and Deron is an absolute monster. Let's go Jazz!

Vinny642
04-30-2010, 08:49 PM
OMFG I luv this GuY Hes Soo BetTeR ThaN ChRis pauL maybe even Magic

Vinny642
04-30-2010, 08:58 PM

At least Deron has Boozer, Okur, Ak47....

Who the **** does CP have... you rdy??

David West- Not even close to being as good as Boozer and is made by Paul

Morris Peterson- -_- No explanation needed.

Rasual Butler- He sucked for a while until two seasons ago.

Tyson Chandler- CP made him a decent center at best

Dont ever say the Jazz have a bad supporting cast in an argument with CP involved man. I am not even going in depth

avrpatsfan
04-30-2010, 09:05 PM
This doesn't push him past CP3, but it's a wash now.

ragee
04-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Beast... He is finally getting recognized...

Vinny642
04-30-2010, 09:16 PM
Are you people serious? Recognition?? He was always rated great right behind Paul as he should be, if you didn't know who Deron was then you are not an NBA fan

ragee
04-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Are you people serious? Recognition?? He was always rated great right behind Paul as he should be, if you didn't know who Deron was then you are not an NBA fan

You do know that this year was his first all-star appearance?

jdmd3
04-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Cool. That's amazing.

JordansBulls
05-01-2010, 12:02 AM
This doesn't push him past CP3, but it's a wash now.

Considering CP3 was hurt, I believe it does.

Vinny642
05-01-2010, 01:37 AM
You do know that this year was his first all-star appearance?

Yeah, but All Star picks doesn't mean anything. Its just another career accomplishment

jimbobjarree
05-01-2010, 01:50 AM
deron couldnt do it a 6th time :(

oh well, at least he averaged it, and at least we won!

Punkindrublic03
05-01-2010, 02:08 AM
I like how this thread into a chris paul - D will comparison thread. Lot's of baiting and trolling going on in here, nice.

Vinny642
05-01-2010, 02:11 AM
I like how this thread into a chris paul - D will comparison thread. Lot's of baiting and trolling going on in here, nice.

It always does and that pisses me off, people are too ignorant to realize they are two different players and play different styles. They are automatically going to compare them in any thread.

Dré
05-01-2010, 03:18 AM

He is the best PG in the league at the moment and that hurts for me to say it because I have a huge man crush on CP3. I think it's unfair to say CP3 is overrated as he's struggled with injuries all season.

I can't wait to see those two battle for title of best PG next season, but as it stands Deron has it pretty comfortably.

These were CP3's and D-Will's career stats (pace-adjusted per 48 minutes) as of May 1, 2010:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h159/Been_Stupified/untitled-4.jpg (http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h159/Been_Stupified/untitled-4.jpg)

When you look at the figures above, you can see that Chris Paul has been the more productive player (while on the floor) by a fairly WIDE margin. Even Paul's worst season (statistically)―2006-07―was better than Williams' best―2009-10.

Of course, this year, Paul missed a sizable portion of the season. And even though he was still a phenomenal athlete when playing, he was a no-show for nearly 50 per cent of 2009-10, largely relegated to the Hornets' bench. And unfortunately, on the bench, Paul didn't help his team win much.

Considering the facts though, I'd say it's unnecessary to jump ship just yet. Paul is still the pre-eminent point guard of today's NBA. His is just a case of not exactly having nearly as much talent around him as Williams. Watch how quick Jazz fans try to refute this. :rolleyes:

JTIVO
05-01-2010, 04:14 AM
These were CP3's and D-Will's career stats (pace-adjusted per 48 minutes) as of May 1, 2010:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h159/Been_Stupified/untitled-4.jpg (http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h159/Been_Stupified/untitled-4.jpg)

When you look at the figures above, you can see that Chris Paul has been the more productive player (while on the floor) by a fairly WIDE margin. Even Paul's worst season (statistically)―2006-07―was better than Williams' best―2009-10.

Of course, this year, Paul missed a sizable portion of the season. And even though he was still a phenomenal athlete when playing, he was a no-show for nearly 50 per cent of 2009-10, largely relegated to the Hornets' bench. And unfortunately, on the bench, Paul didn't help his team win much.

Considering the facts though, I'd say it's unnecessary to jump ship just yet. Paul is still the pre-eminent point guard of today's NBA. His is just a case of not exactly having nearly as much talent around him as Williams. Watch how quick Jazz fans try to refute this. :rolleyes:

Hey, sure i will. I'll admit ya paul has the better stats and not as good a supporting cast. But look at wat dwill jus did in rd 1 by beating the Nuggets. 2 starters out Okur and AK. So he had
C-Fes
F- Booz
F- Miles
G- Matthews
great supporting cast rite? Most ppl thought we wuld lose in da 1st rd vs. nuggets and thats b4 okur got hurt. Dwill pretty much carries the team and gets them past the Nuggets.
Look at his stats in the series: 26.7ppg 11.6Ast. 49% FG 48% 3P
Ya i kno its sml sample size but it shows dwill is capable of havin those kinds of numbers o idk? like CP3 but in the system he runs it doesn't need him put up #'s like that unless u hav 2 starters out like Okur and AK. So u can show me all the stats u want and how dwill has the better supporting cast, but after this series, everthing u jus mentioned was proven wrong.

JordansBulls
05-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Streak was broken last night. Still great accomplishment.

23Toros23
05-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Deron is the man second fav point guard after Rose for me.

MTar786
05-01-2010, 09:30 AM

Probably cuz he got to witness the 81 point game

Kakaroach
05-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Damn I was hoping we would continue the record on last night but he got in foul trouble.

Oh well, this is still an amazing accomplishment for D. Will.

SteveNash
05-01-2010, 01:08 PM
At least Deron has Boozer, Okur, Ak47....

Who the **** does CP have... you rdy??

David West- Not even close to being as good as Boozer and is made by Paul

Morris Peterson- -_- No explanation needed.

Rasual Butler- He sucked for a while until two seasons ago.

Tyson Chandler- CP made him a decent center at best

Dont ever say the Jazz have a bad supporting cast in an argument with CP involved man. I am not even going in depth

Did Deron have AK and Okur for the majority of this series? No.

Did Deron win the series? Yes.

Did Paul lose to the Nuggets 121-63 at home? Yes.

JordansBulls
05-01-2010, 01:37 PM

:cry:

Vinny642
05-01-2010, 07:46 PM

Is Chris Paul better than Deron Williams??
Yessir

THE MTL
05-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Hey can Deron Williams average 20+ppg and 10+apg in an entire season????????? Well, CP3 has done it TWICE already! First season was 21ppg 11apg. Second season was 23ppg 11apg. SO SHUT UP and RECOGNIZE true greatness. (no offense to Deron).

Also Deron beasted in the first round with 26ppg and 11apg, but ppl act like CP3 didnt do 24ppg and 11apg two seasons ago.

CP3 was injured and once he is healthy. CP3 >> Deron!

Vinny642
05-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Next season when Chris Paul is the same Chris Paul he was everyone else will be right on his d!ck again.

Dré
05-01-2010, 10:03 PM
...So u can show me all the stats u want and how dwill has the better supporting cast, but after this series, everthing u jus mentioned was proven wrong.

Yes Kirilenko was out, but are you really undervaluing what Carlos Boozer and (especially) Paul Millsap, were capable of doing in their first round series against the Nuggets?

Obviously, they're two very good players, and clearly, anyone can see that Paul doesn't have anyone that talented (yes, I'm insinuating that Millsap is better than West).

The only other member of the Hornets, whose regular-season stats showed him being well above-average (for position played), was Emeka Okafor. And he was benched more often than not, as most coaches, like Bower for example, tend to overvalue scoring. One can see this with coach Poppavich in San Antonio as well, where he had a tendency to limit DeJuan Blair's playing time considerably, despite him (Blair) being WAY more productive than the 'veteran' McDyess.

Punkindrublic03
05-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Goran Dragic is better than both D-will and Chris Paul.

Vinny642
05-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Goran Dragic is better than both D-will and Chris Paul.

He is pretty up there lol:rolleyes:

He isnt a bad backup though.

CowboysKB24
05-01-2010, 10:57 PM

Are you gay?

Punkindrublic03
05-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Vinny what are the Hornets gonna do this offseason? Can they build a nice squad around Paul or will it be awhile before they make a run again?

JTIVO
05-02-2010, 01:22 AM
Hey can Deron Williams average 20+ppg and 10+apg in an entire season????????? Well, CP3 has done it TWICE already! First season was 21ppg 11apg. Second season was 23ppg 11apg. SO SHUT UP and RECOGNIZE true greatness. (no offense to Deron).

Also Deron beasted in the first round with 26ppg and 11apg, but ppl act like CP3 didnt do 24ppg and 11apg two seasons ago.

CP3 was injured and once he is healthy. CP3 >> Deron!

Like i said if u weren't listening, in the system hes in and the supportin cast he doesnt need to avg 25+ppg. But in this series wid 2 starters out, he showed hes more than capable of carryin a team wid his scoring(26.7ppg) and dishing out dimes. I agree wen CP3 is healthy than we can debate whose the best but rite NOW hes not and Dwill is the consensus #1 PG

JTIVO
05-02-2010, 01:38 AM
Yes Kirilenko was out, but are you really undervaluing what Carlos Boozer and (especially) Paul Millsap, were capable of doing in their first round series against the Nuggets?

Obviously, they're two very good players, and clearly, anyone can see that Paul doesn't have anyone that talented (yes, I'm insinuating that Millsap is better than West).

The only other member of the Hornets, whose regular-season stats showed him being well above-average (for position played), was Emeka Okafor. And he was benched more often than not, as most coaches, like Bower for example, tend to overvalue scoring. One can see this with coach Poppavich in San Antonio as well, where he had a tendency to limit DeJuan Blair's playing time considerably, despite him (Blair) being WAY more productive than the 'veteran' McDyess.

Im not undervaluing Booz or Milly at all, but ask anyone, Dwill is the one that carried this team during the series with his playmakin and lock down D against Bulliups for 5 out of 6 games. And i understand CP3 doesnt hav as a good a supporting cast, and thats why he needs to avg 25+ppg, which is wat Dwill can avg wen 2 starters are out.

JordansBulls
05-02-2010, 08:34 AM
For those saying CP3 > Deron, then why was it that Deron upset the Nuggets with 2 key players out?

ragee
05-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Yeah, but All Star picks doesn't mean anything. Its just another career accomplishment

True but the fans and coaches are the ones voting for who will be in it meaning D-Will was out of their radar until this year...

Vinny642
05-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Vinny what are the Hornets gonna do this offseason? Can they build a nice squad around Paul or will it be awhile before they make a run again?

First we have to get our front office situated, we still haven't got our new owner just yet, also we gotta see who we get as coach.

IMO, we have the trading chips to make a few moves, hey maybe even for Bosh(wishful thinking)
We can trade Okafor Wright and some expiring contracts for Bosh in a sign and trade.

I think we will be a low playoff team once again maybe 7th or 8th seed.

Vinny642
05-02-2010, 12:36 PM
True but the fans and coaches are the ones voting for who will be in it meaning D-Will was out of their radar until this year...

People are blind to great players I guess, I have always knew Deron was good and can compete with CP for the top PG, right now they are pretty much tied, IMO. People forgot about CP because he was hurt, but when he wasn't hurt, he was the same good old top PG.

But, when people are going to use that damn,"DWill plays in a system" excuse
its annoying because CP has the IQ and talent to play in it too, just because he doesn't, doesn't mean he can't.

Hawkeye15
05-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Paul will need to take back what is his, but anyone who thinks Deron is better than a healthy Paul is wrong.

b_russ
05-02-2010, 12:56 PM
But, when people are going to use that damn,"DWill plays in a system" excuse its annoying because CP has the IQ and talent to play in it too, just because he doesn't, doesn't mean he can't.

I agree. People discredit Paul because of the "system" he's not in. Both guards are great and are superior to one another in different aspects of their games. I get tired of the "________'s > _________" because it all it ends up doing is degrading the point guards that they are. Right now Williams' is getting the recognition he deserves because he's in the playoffs and he's playing out of his mind, but I guarantee once Paul's stats pick up next year everyone will be back on his jock again.

Vinny642
05-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Paul will need to take back what is his, but anyone who thinks Deron is better than a healthy Paul is wrong.

People have short term memory, CP doesn't have to prove **** to me because I know what he can do, I can't wait til he makes all these ignorant people on here STFU.

Hawkeye15
05-02-2010, 12:57 PM
People have short term memory, CP doesn't have to prove **** to me because I know what he can do, I can't wait til he makes all these ignorant people on here STFU.

well, what I meant was he needs to show the injury won't hamper him moving forward, and get back up to that 30 PER area where he belongs. Then the conversation will be over again, as it should be.

rufo4100
05-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Guy is a stud and the only PG i'd take over Rondo in the NBA. Including CP3

Vinny642
05-02-2010, 12:58 PM
I agree. People discredit Paul because of the "system" he's not in. Both guards are great and are superior to one another in different aspects of their games. I get tired of the "________'s > _________" because it all it ends up doing is degrading the point guards that they are. Right now Williams' is getting the recognition he deserves because he's in the playoffs and he's playing out of his mind, but I guarantee once Paul's stats pick up next year everyone will be back on his jock again.

+1
CP is my dude, he is a great great player, and so is DWill. I have nothing against him, I have something against the ignorant fans degrading CP because of things he has no control over. You can pick either of these PGs and have a successful team.

BkOriginalOne
05-02-2010, 01:00 PM
This Can't be true.
I remember clearly - Allen Iverson's last playoff run with the sixers against the Pistons/
5 games - 30, 10.

Vinny642
05-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Guy is a stud and the only PG i'd take over Rondo in the NBA. Including CP3

:D your joking right?

Aapox
05-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Illini

My nickname for D-Will is Illinois' Finest :p

MrFastBreak
05-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Well, if the Hornets were in the playoffs and CP3 wasnt plagued with injuries, he'd be putting up #'s better than that.

DWill hasnt even outperformed CP3 (if he has,to a small extent) despite injuries. He has just had the better season (Jazz advancing to the second round,Hornets failing to make the playoffs) and has benefited from having the better squad around him. Where is all this 'Dwill is the best point guard' coming from? You guys are proving that you dont know how to validly measure CP's abilities.

ABOMB_56
05-02-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm surprised he is the first guy in the history of the NBA to get 20 pts and 10 assists in 10 straight games.

Punkindrublic03
05-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Well, if the Hornets were in the playoffs and CP3 wasnt plagued with injuries, he'd be putting up #'s better than that.

DWill hasnt even outperformed CP3 (if he has,to a small extent) despite injuries. He has just had the better season (Jazz advancing to the second round,Hornets failing to make the playoffs) and has benefited from having the better squad around him. Where is all this 'Dwill is the best point guard' coming from? You guys are proving that you dont know how to validly measure CP's abilities.

Dude, you can't say that IF the Hornets were in the Playoffs and Paul wasn't injured, that he'd be putting up better numbers than D-will. That's just a flawed if-then statement. I'm sure he would be playing great like always, but there is no way to know what kind of numbers he would put up, let alone if his numbers would be better than D-will's 26 and 11 per. How can you say that people on here don't know how to validly measure cp3's abilities when all you can say is "well, if he wasn't injured and if his team was in the playoffs, he would average better numbers than Deron Williams"

It's Chris Paul fans like you who piss people off on here because you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Vinny642
05-02-2010, 02:26 PM
LOL I think I successfully shut up the CP doubters. I'm one of the few that actually watch both of these players a lot so I know and have known whats going on.

Hawkeye15
05-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Dude, you can't say that IF the Hornets were in the Playoffs and Paul wasn't injured, that he'd be putting up better numbers than D-will. That's just a flawed if-then statement. I'm sure he would be playing great like always, but there is no way to know what kind of numbers he would put up, let alone if his numbers would be better than D-will's 26 and 11 per. How can you say that people on here don't know how to validly measure cp3's abilities when all you can say is "well, if he wasn't injured and if his team was in the playoffs, he would average better numbers than Deron Williams"

It's Chris Paul fans like you who piss people off on here because you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

I don't like what if's either. So lets compare DWill's best stretch of play with Paul's, back when he had a few teammates who could do anything

Williams Stat Paul
25.9 PER 30.7
65.5% TS% 56.6%
4.1% TRB% 6.8%
45.2 AST% 50.2
13.2 TOV% 7.9
131 ORtg 126
116 DRtg 107
1.3 OWS 2.4
0 DWS 0.5

Williams is shooting out of his mind, so he is making it look closer than it really is. But in all honestly, there is not a single statistical category that Deron is better in. Paul is superior at basically everything, except having a front office and stable enviornment like Williams has. Deron Williams is a gifted, great PG. But he is not in Paul's class, never has been, and probably never will be, depending on how Paul's recovery goes. Even Paul's numbers while limping through this season were superior.

He HAS averaged better numbers than Deron, both in the regular season, and in the playoffs. So predicting Paul would be playing better in the playoffs isn't a revelation.

Punkindrublic03
05-02-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm not hating on Paul at all. He's great, I love the guy. It just bothers when people say if CP3 wasn't hurt and his team was in the playoffs he would be outplaying D-will, too many different variables to account for with that statement that could determine a huge number of different statistical outcomes.

Alot of Chris Paul fans just refuse to give D-will any credit at all.

Vinny642
05-02-2010, 03:00 PM
I'm not hating on Paul at all. He's great, I love the guy. It just bothers when people say if CP3 wasn't hurt and his team was in the playoffs he would be outplaying D-will, too many different variables to account for with that statement that could determine a huge number of different statistical outcomes.

That doesn't include me does it?
Because I love Deron William, he is my second favorite PG in the league.

Hawkeye15
05-02-2010, 03:01 PM

I hear you dude. In any given time period, Deron would be in the argument for best PG in the NBA. But Paul (statistically) is with Magic and Stockton.
And what if scenarios are stupid, I totally agree. None of us have any idea how Paul would be doing if he were healthy and had a team around him. We can have a pretty good guess judging on his past, but nobody knows for sure. However, we do know that Deron just led his team over the favored Nuggest and are playing the Lakers in about 30 minutes...

Hawkeye15
05-02-2010, 03:02 PM

Deron is my favorite PG in the league, but I am also rational haha

JordansBulls
05-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Deron is my favorite PG in the league, but I am also rational haha

Who would list as the top 5 PG's

Hawkeye15
05-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Who would list as the top 5 PG's

who would I list? Well, I am putting Paul up at #1 until he shows the injury lingered possibly, and his production falls.

1. Paul
2. Williams
3. Nash
4. Rondo
5. Billups

After that, it gets tougher for me. Rose, Parker, Westbrook, they are all very good as well. Even Kidd had a nice year. Then the rookies, Evans, and Curry. But today, its hard for me to knock Paul out, because even as he limped thru the season, he had better numbers than any other PG.

Kakaroach
05-02-2010, 06:33 PM
I can't believe this thread turned into another D. Will vs CP3 debate.

Deron accomplished an amazing feat that nobody had ever done before. If you don't care then don't watch.

Vinny642
05-02-2010, 06:38 PM

Deron accomplished an amazing feat that nobody had ever done before. If you don't care then don't watch.

I feel you man, its annoying.

Hawkeye15
05-02-2010, 08:26 PM

agreed. I came in late, but you have to know that is going to happen. Its PSD

Punkindrublic03
05-03-2010, 04:16 PM

I hear you dude. In any given time period, Deron would be in the argument for best PG in the NBA. But Paul (statistically) is with Magic and Stockton.
And what if scenarios are stupid, I totally agree. None of us have any idea how Paul would be doing if he were healthy and had a team around him. We can have a pretty good guess judging on his past, but nobody knows for sure. However, we do know that Deron just led his team over the favored Nuggest and are playing the Lakers in about 30 minutes...

I know you dudes aren't complete homers and give credit where credit is due. :cheers:

JordansBulls
05-03-2010, 05:30 PM
I would like to see if CP3 does well with a guy like Amare on his team.

sainistar
05-04-2010, 12:23 AM

Deron has a better supporting cast ..if CP3 was playing for the Jazz they would prolly end up winning the championship=)

JordansBulls
05-05-2010, 08:17 AM
CP3 had West and Peja.

Unruly Fan
05-05-2010, 08:39 AM
I don't like the Jazz at all and their home court. There's something about Deron Williams that make me think he's like a thug and arrogant. Most of the players just camp inside, and either make a dunk or a layup. The only player I like is AK47 and his amazing blocks, but he sucks now.lol wtf?

I've always favoured DWill's style of play over CP3's dispite stats but that's just personal opinion.

Miltown34
05-05-2010, 08:45 AM
he needs to be in that top 5 discussion