PDA

View Full Version : Kobe on Westbrook won't work twice

NortonMang
04-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Great adjustment by Phil that caught Thunder by surprise. No surprise next time. If you don't think this series is going seven games, you ain't been paying attention. "And the Thunder Rolls."

Toenail Clipper
04-29-2010, 07:26 PM
Why won't it work twice? The hell, we'll see tomorrow!

DCB/LAL
04-29-2010, 07:28 PM
Why won't it work twice? The hell, we'll see today!

They dont play today.

ItsTheLastAce
04-29-2010, 07:29 PM
im also curious, why wont it work again?

kvrnm
ya they just need to have someone besides thefolosha for fisher to guard,,, like harden maybe and he will get 20 cus fish cant guard anybody

NortonMang
Why won't it work twice? The hell, we'll see tomorrow!

The move caught Thunder by surprise. Brooks wasn't named coy for nothing. The Thunder will adjust. The Lakers will think it's gonna be another game 5 blowout for 'em and they'll be the ones surprised this time. "And the Thunder Rolls."

tredigs
04-29-2010, 07:38 PM
The move caught Thunder by surprise. Brooks wasn't named coy for nothing. The Thunder will adjust. The Lakers will think it's gonna be another game 5 blowout for 'em and they'll be the ones surprised this time. "And the Thunder Rolls."

"And the homer fails."

The adjustment will work until Sefolosha proves he can shoot better than 25% with nobody on him (or in this case Fish. But whatever, same thing). They may have to bounce Sefolosha and bring Harden in for the majority of the game so that he can exploit Fisher. I'd also start Ibaka over Jeff Green alongside Kristic. Green has been an absolute ghost on the offensive end, and hurts them defensively, so might as well get him out of there. Throw Durant on Kobe and hope that Harden can handle Artest (the way he's been offensively in the majority of the games, this might be easily manageable) and let Westbrook be a roaming defender/get on Fish if he's wide open.

That's the angle I'd take, we'll see how Brooks approaches it.

D_Rose1118
04-29-2010, 07:38 PM
lol good reason

"And the Thunder Rolls."

showtym24
04-29-2010, 07:41 PM

Hawkeye15
04-29-2010, 07:43 PM
obviously adjustments will be made to get another shooting threat alongside Westbrook. The Thunder may also want to figure out how to stop the interior of the Lakers

abe_froman
04-29-2010, 07:55 PM
im also curious, why wont it work again?

me to

ragee
04-29-2010, 08:07 PM
obviously adjustments will be made to get another shooting threat alongside Westbrook. The Thunder may also want to figure out how to stop the interior of the Lakers

This... The Bynum and Gasol just toyed with the Thunder's big men last game... Then, RUN! RUN! RUN!

iggypop123
04-29-2010, 08:11 PM
thunder have a huge dilemma. keep the starting 5 and the lakers get to zone off sefolosha, kristic, and westbrook. or bring in harden. if he is on kobe harden gets raped, and if durant is on him he will be exhausted by the 4th.

ItsTheLastAce
04-29-2010, 08:16 PM
its easy to say you'll make adjustments to kobe on westbrook, but isnt that what every coach does, is it that simple to beat some one by making adjustments? they still have to execute

RipVW
04-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Great adjustment by Phil that caught Thunder by surprise. No surprise next time. If you don't think this series is going seven games, you ain't been paying attention. "And the Thunder Rolls."

What???!!! What is that? What just happened.

...is that a quote from Abraham Lincoln? I don't get it.

ldc62
04-29-2010, 08:21 PM
OKC better think of a way to counter.

tredigs
04-29-2010, 08:23 PM
OKC better think of a way to counter.

Anyone have Scotty Brooks' e-mail? Just fwd him what I wrote on page 1. Game.

heathonater
04-29-2010, 08:53 PM
yea, this might go 7, but they arent winning on la's home court where they have played much better at then when at okc. just dont see okc slowing down bynum or gasol at all, which pretty much cancels out whatever westbrook does out there.

dukejazz
04-29-2010, 09:09 PM
going to be nice when okc wins and forces game 7 :)

dukejazz
04-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Ya lakers are going to fail in okc. They cant handle durant in okc and i doubt the adjustment will do as well.

DCB/LAL
04-29-2010, 09:14 PM
going to be nice when okc wins and forces game 7 :)

Ya lakers are going to fail in okc. They cant handle durant in okc and i doubt the adjustment will do as well.

HAHA :laugh: :laugh2:

This guy is Praying and Hoping the Thunder can upset the Lakers. Keep :pray: man.

I dont doubt the Thunder winning at home but you've done everything from complain about the Refs to almost being sure of a win for the Thunder on Friday, that tells me you dont even wanna think about the Jazz facing the Lakers do you?

Iggz53
04-29-2010, 09:16 PM
lol, yes it will

dukejazz
04-29-2010, 09:21 PM
HAHA :laugh: :laugh2:

This guy is Praying and Hoping the Thunder can upset the Lakers. Keep :pray: man.

I dont doubt the Thunder winning at home but you've done everything from complain about the Refs to almost being sure of a win for the Thunder on Friday, that tells me you dont even wanna think about the Jazz facing the Lakers do you?

Actually i just think okc is fighting more. I dont really care if they upset them or not. I'm starting to get more worried of okc then the lakers recently. OKC is showing more hardt in my opinion.The refs were bad but if they would of just favored okc more i would of complained about okc just as well.

Chacarron
04-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Actually i just think okc is fighting more. I dont really care if they upset them or not. I'm starting to get more worried of okc then the lakers recently. OKC is showing more hardt in my opinion.The refs were bad but if they would of just favored okc more i would of complained about okc just as well.

What a hypocrite :clap: Does game 4 ring a bell?

Bruno
04-29-2010, 09:32 PM
Yes it will.

dukejazz
04-29-2010, 10:47 PM
What a hypocrite :clap: Does game 4 ring a bell?

Thats funny a hypocrite coming from a laker fan. :facepalm:

Raph12
04-30-2010, 12:09 AM
Speculation at it's finest.

Avenged
04-30-2010, 12:13 AM
Im actually interested to see how OKC adjust to Kobe guarding Westbrook. I mean what exactly are they going to do? Kobe will still guard him regardless. Unless, OKC finds a way to rotate Kobe to another man in every possession, it just isn't going to happen.

Other players have to step up for game 6. Kobe will limit or shut down Westbrook so look for Harden and Ibaka to come up big again if they feed off the energy of the crowd. This is their first time facing eliminations, their backs are up against the wall, let's see how this young OKC responds.

soonabooma
04-30-2010, 12:50 AM
It's very simple. Either game 5 was just what the Lakers needed to actually wake up and they're gonna come in and have a chance to close us out regardless of how good we play........OR........they're gonna come in and once again get outplayed by the a younger, faster team and confirm what many people still believe to be true....it was all about home court advantage in this series. Hey, LA is a great team. They're not the defending champs for nothing. And the Thunder have become a very dangerous young team that can give teams all they want. It's a tall task for us, but we've held our own and played with alot of heart. I think we're just kinda hoping that we'll be able to handle our business at home again and force a game 7. We've been very good at home except for that 1st quarter of game 3 where we clearly had butterflies in our stomachs. Other than that, our team and our crowd have been top notch.

I know we better watch out though. We're gonna need to be even louder and our guys will need to be even more focused for this one than they were for game 4. The Lakers are not coming in tomorrow night with the intention of losing. Just remember that boys.

Bruno
04-30-2010, 12:56 AM
If OKC wins its only because Harden and Green combine for 40-45.

tredigs
04-30-2010, 01:51 AM
If OKC wins its only because Harden and Green combine for 40-45.

Eh I don't know. They've already won a couple games without anything close to that happening, so I think they have a few avenues to victory. #1 being Serge Ibaka putting a halt to Bynum or Pau, and them getting some transition buckets like they had been doing in the previous four games. From there, not shooting in the 30% range would be a good addition.

G-Funk
04-30-2010, 10:30 AM

you should worry about the nuggets upseting Jazz

Stay_Swim
04-30-2010, 10:37 AM

Actually it can work, and if they so choose to do so again, will work. Why? Because Kobe is one of the best defenders in the NBA. ALso, Kobe's IQ is on another level then Westbrooks and will be able to effectively defend whoever he is guarding, if he so chooses to.lol

DolFAN2010
04-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Seriously? a closeout game on the road. Kobe will lockdown russell just like he did in game 5. All we have to do is throw the ball downlow to our big's, get to the free throw line and keep them off the free throw line. If we play the game at our pace and keep there crowd out of the game i see the series being clinced in 6. Ron need to stay out of foul trouble and keep durant in tact.

GO LAKERS!!!!

steelers91
04-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Well see tonight.

samanjerry
04-30-2010, 01:19 PM
i didnt watch game so dont knw what happened exactly but i dont see why it wont work again.

i mean the team had time to adjust

but then again they might make a better adjustment this time and help themselves
if west is held in check then someone else just has to step up offensively
GO SONICS!!!

RaiderLakersA's
04-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Great adjustment by Phil that caught Thunder by surprise. No surprise next time.

Huh? 3 words for you: Know your enemy.

This isn't the first time that the Lakers have had problems with the opposing team's PG in a playoff series. What have the Lakers done in the past to disrupt the other team's effectiveness from the PG position? You guessed it, they put Kobe as the on-ball defender. They ALWAYS put Kobe on them. You'd think the Thunder's Coach of the Year would know that and would have already had a countermeasure ready for the eventuality. No? Didn't make second half adjustments even after the "surprise." Wow. Shocked.

I don't care whether this thing goes 6 or 7. As long as the Lakers win. If you want a moral victory, I mean if it really makes you feel better to take this to 7 games, so be it.

iggypop123
04-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Huh? 3 words for you: Know your enemy.

This isn't the first time that the Lakers have had problems with the opposing team's PG in a playoff series. What have the Lakers done in the past to disrupt the other team's effectiveness from the PG position? You guessed it, they put Kobe as the on-ball defender. They ALWAYS put Kobe on them. You'd think the Thunder's Coach of the Year would know that and would have already had a countermeasure ready for the eventuality. No? Didn't make second half adjustments even after the "surprise." Wow. Shocked.

I don't care whether this thing goes 6 or 7. As long as the Lakers win. If you want a moral victory, I mean if it really makes you feel better to take this to 7 games, so be it.

this whole coach of the year talk is too overrated. espn has two of this winners in their payroll cause nobody wants to hire them.

Bruno
04-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Eh I don't know. They've already won a couple games without anything close to that happening, so I think they have a few avenues to victory. #1 being Serge Ibaka putting a halt to Bynum or Pau, and them getting some transition buckets like they had been doing in the previous four games. From there, not shooting in the 30% range would be a good addition.

I only mention that because I think Westbrook will be marginalized by Bryant again. Either those guys score big, along with Ibeka, or KD rips up Artest for the first time this series. They need points.

SteveNash
04-30-2010, 05:13 PM
What adjustment is their to make? I'm sure he'll look for some more early opportunities especially since the Lakers probably won't shoot as well as they did in game 5. But it's not like they're going to run a whole bunch of plays for Westbrook. They're likely to just keep giving Durant the ball even though he's been horrible.

DaBUU
04-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Kobe smashes the Thunder tonight, they had a nice little run, but tonight Kobe ends it. Westbrook who?

NortonMang
04-30-2010, 06:37 PM
All you guys that think Lakers win tonight forget what happened last game in OKC. It was a wipeout. L.A. has no chance on Thunder home court.

E.O.21
04-30-2010, 06:50 PM
All you guys that think Lakers win tonight forget what happened last game in OKC. It was a wipeout. L.A. has no chance on Thunder home court.

:facepalm: .... i dont think L.A. wins tonight but come on no chance

epizo1
05-01-2010, 12:20 AM
NortonMang, this is where you begin with excuses

Avenged
05-01-2010, 12:30 AM
NortonMang, where are you? ;)

Switch
05-01-2010, 12:30 AM

How about that game tonight?

gerber
05-01-2010, 12:32 AM
How about that game tonight?

lol

Avenged
05-01-2010, 12:34 AM
Too bad the Lakers had "no chance" of beating the Thunder in their homecourt. :( Oh well..

jeter 2
05-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Too bad the Lakers had "no chance" of beating the Thunder in their homecourt. :( Oh well..

hahahahha. The Lakers played like the defending champs tonight. Personally, if the Nuggets do not win, I believe the Thunder were the toughest team you will face until the finals.

ItsTheLastAce
05-01-2010, 12:56 AM
and the thunder rolls.

:hide:

E.O.21
05-01-2010, 01:00 AM
I would quit PSD if I were MortonNang

chitownbears89
05-01-2010, 01:04 AM

Did your friend from K Mart tell you that. Lol, i will never forget that.

still1ballin
05-01-2010, 01:18 AM
close thread

ban nortonang

Penetra8r
05-01-2010, 01:29 AM

Phildo is the man!

dc5jdm
05-01-2010, 01:46 AM
And the Thunder rolls!!!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Avenged
05-01-2010, 01:50 AM
And the Thunder rolls! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

E.O.21
05-01-2010, 01:57 AM
^ Yea the guy ****ed up but laker fans shouldnt be laughing.... Gasol was at the right place at the right time. Lakers got lucky :hide:

Avenged
05-01-2010, 02:01 AM
Haha. Luck or not, L.A is still in the second round while NortonMang's Thunder have gone fishing. And the Thunder rolls!

robdizzle3
05-01-2010, 02:11 AM
^ Yea the guy ****ed up but laker fans shouldnt be laughing.... Gasol was at the right place at the right time. Lakers got lucky :hide:

I dont think it was luck to be honest. Everybody else on the court but Gasol was caught watching Kobe dance and he went to the boards like he was supposed to, blocked out Collison and made the putback. He was very alert. How dumb were the Thunder players just sitting there watching Kobe go one on one with the Great one. Sorry Rock lol

championships
05-01-2010, 02:19 AM
blah blah blah. Heard this junk before, like last year...I guess if you guys keep saying they can't win ,Then I guess you will be right sooner or later.... haha

robdizzle3
05-01-2010, 02:21 AM
And the Thunder rolls!!!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Hahaha. That is hilarious right there. They got really happy after those two games, but Pau was telling the truth when he said that was all they were gonna get.

epizo1
05-01-2010, 02:22 AM
I am going to end all of my sentences from now on with... "and the thunder roll".

Avenged
05-01-2010, 02:33 AM
And the Thunder Rolls. :worthy:

Iron24th
05-01-2010, 02:36 AM
And the Thunder rolls :laugh:

Iron24th
05-01-2010, 02:42 AM
NortonMang, where are you? ;)

Too many talkers disappear,mavrix and now this guy.

How about to assume stupid things you said?

Haha losers!

cambovenzi
05-01-2010, 02:44 AM
Nicely done nortonmang.
way to make outlandish claims and be completely wrong.

SundaeBest
05-01-2010, 03:31 AM
And the Thunder rolls......right out of the playoffs!

evadatam5150
05-01-2010, 04:37 AM

Epic FAIL thread.. :clap:

$KnicksAndKobe$
05-01-2010, 10:48 AM
This thread is embarrassing ....