PDA

View Full Version : How Hard Is It To Ref a NBA Game?

JNA17
04-29-2010, 01:18 PM
As it sounds, do you think it's easy or hard for the refs to call a basketball game?

Mostly this question is for the fans that think any basketball games are rigged or not.

(hoping that i don't start a flame war)

DamnGoat
04-29-2010, 01:19 PM
It's not that hard when David Stern tells them who to favor and give Superstar calls to.

The Final Boss
04-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Ask Lebron, he refs 82+ games a season.

sep11ie
04-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Ummm,

l-----------------------------------------------------------l this hard.

Miltown34
04-29-2010, 01:31 PM
I like on NBA TV how they show you the refs lifestyle and they see the miss calls, it's tough out there, people can make the call sitting in front of the t.v. but everything is going on a full speed. The NBA players in person move a lot quicker than many people realize when you are up close. TV makes everything appear a little slower....I mean for every call a team got another team got some wrong calls on them to.

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
04-29-2010, 01:50 PM
id let you know how hard it really is, but im afraid to be fine 35k by David "i have no idea what im doing" stern

Raph12
04-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Definitely extremely difficult to officiate a game, no matter what call they make, they'll get heat from a group of fans, players or even the league.

B-Ray
04-29-2010, 01:58 PM
its gotta be really tough to ref an NBA game.
forget about the fans yelling at you, you have the coaches on your *** the whole game and the players too, some of whom never seem to stop whining.
the game is fast paced and the environment can be intense, especially in the playoffs.
the refs seem to have too much impact on the game though. there are a lot of ticky tack or touch fouls that are called that in my mind shouldn't be called. i don't know if i like ref video review. watching the end of the hawks/bucks game yesterday was brutal when it took the refs 20 minutes to decide if horford's shot was a 3 with 10 seconds left on the clock. it took them 25 minutes to play 10 seconds. how the game is slowed down at the end is a real reason why many people don't watch basketball.
a good ref finds a way to take control of the game while not altering the flow of the game. a lot of the refs in the league need to work on this.

Hawkeye15
04-29-2010, 02:06 PM
my uncle reffed NCAA Division 1, and said the speed difference in the NBA from NCAA is unreal. You have a nanosecond to make a call. It is a very, very difficult job.

majestic
04-29-2010, 02:48 PM
my uncle reffed NCAA Division 1, and said the speed difference in the NBA from NCAA is unreal. You have a nanosecond to make a call. It is a very, very difficult job.
yeah but refs are told what todo before hand and have it all planned out. so it cant be that hard. especially when stern has his puppets like joey crawford.. old *** guys who cant keep up with the game speed but still have a job because well theyre puppets and either gambling on these games because stern tells them what todo and its easy money for them, just like tim donaghey said its fixed:))

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1934565