PDA

View Full Version : Are this dudes unselfish enough and care enough for wining?

Hellcrooner
04-29-2010, 11:32 AM
I was just thinking everybody talks bout ho Miami, Clevland or NY have enough cap to get two max dudes.

BUt what i wonder is would Wade, Lebron and Bosh or STOU care enough bout winning and be unselfish enough to make their agents talk to each other bout joining thre ofthem in ONE team ( wichever team that has enough cap) by just signing everyone of them for less of the max?

clutchski
04-29-2010, 11:40 AM
I highly doubt it to be honest, basketball is only half of their life you know what I mean. I'd imagine they want as much cash as possible so they can still live the luxurious lifestyle (and provide mula for their kids/grandkids) well into their elder years.

And even if just two of them took the max (say lebron and bosh), they still have an incredible chance to win the championship. Just not as 'guaranteed' if all four of them were on a team together.

Avenged
04-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Lebron, Wade, and Bosh don't have to take less money to win a ring. They're at the top of the NBA, you can't ask the best ball players to take less money. Other "all stars" or role plays are the ones who need to accept less money to win a ring with these guys.

Hellcrooner
04-29-2010, 11:45 AM
I highly doubt it to be honest, basketball is only half of their life you know what I mean. I'd imagine they want as much cash as possible so they can still live the luxurious lifestyle (and provide mula for their kids/grandkids) well into their elder years.

And even if just two of them took the max (say lebron and bosh), they still have an incredible chance to win the championship. Just not as 'guaranteed' if all four of them were on a team together.

imnot so sure Sergio Rodriguez, Chandler, Lebron, Gallo, Bosh with T douglas some second roundr and some 1 yer minimum players from the bench can really go out of the first round.

Same for Wade`+Beasley`+ Bosh + Some crappy minimum players.

clutchski
04-29-2010, 11:57 AM
imnot so sure Sergio Rodriguez, Chandler, Lebron, Gallo, Bosh with T douglas some second roundr and some 1 yer minimum players from the bench can really go out of the first round.

Same for Wade`+Beasley`+ Bosh + Some crappy minimum players.

I do agree with you, but I have memories of Cleveland making it to the finals almost on the will of Lebron alone. And I wouldn't think in the very first year a Knick team consisting of Lebron/Bosh would contend for a championship..but maybe in 2-3 years they'd be consistent contenders.

fairandbalanced
04-29-2010, 12:01 PM
It would be selfish is they sign for one team. There are many NBA teams that need their services, the unselfish thing to do is to sign on separate teams and compete against eachother.

sep11ie
04-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Dude, really? Almost 14,000 posts and you make a thread like that?

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
04-29-2010, 12:10 PM
It would be selfish is they sign for one team. There are many NBA teams that need their services, the unselfish thing to do is to sign on separate teams and compete against eachother.

How is playing on the same team with another max fa selfish:confused:, that's an oxymoron. Wanting to be on the same team with another star is selfless, Not wanting to share a team with another max fa is selfish (Not Sharing=Selfish, Sharing=Selfless)

Hawkeye15
04-29-2010, 12:12 PM
money talks, which is why there may be a surprise or two FA signing in the markets that most overlook, and they have a ton of money this year

JordansBulls
04-29-2010, 12:15 PM
I was just thinking everybody talks bout ho Miami, Clevland or NY have enough cap to get two max dudes.

BUt what i wonder is would Wade, Lebron and Bosh or STOU care enough bout winning and be unselfish enough to make their agents talk to each other bout joining thre ofthem in ONE team ( wichever team that has enough cap) by just signing everyone of them for less of the max?

Wade doesn't have anything to prove, he already won as the man on his team.

Hellcrooner
04-29-2010, 12:16 PM
money talks, which is why there may be a surprise or two FA signing in the markets that most overlook, and they have a ton of money this year

I think the biggest surprise in stock will be that NONE of the great FA bolts or That at least one of them bolts to a team no one thought of in a sign and trade.

Sadds The Gr8
04-29-2010, 12:33 PM
dude, really? Almost 14,000 posts and you make a thread like that?

+1

The Final Boss
04-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Lebron The Clown and unselfish should never be in the same sentence.

Btw, Wade only has a ring cause it was a down year for the league coupled with a meltdown by a soft *** Mavs team.

Jambox5000
04-29-2010, 12:41 PM

Yeah right;haven't you noticed that most of these guys go bankrupt within 5 years of being out of the league?

GSW Hoops
04-29-2010, 12:49 PM
Superstar players don't take less money IN THEIR PRIME. Guys like Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Dikembe Mutombo, etc. do it when they're far past their prime, usually to win a title before calling it quits.

Besides, it wouldn't add much to LeBron's legacy if he won a title with Bosh, Wade and Amare on his team. Not much of an accomplishment...

These guys are stars. They want to be THE GUY on a team that wins the title. They don't get to where they are by being humble.

Hellcrooner
04-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Superstar players don't take less money IN THEIR PRIME. Guys like Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Dikembe Mutombo, etc. do it when they're far past their prime, usually to win a title before calling it quits.

Besides, it wouldn't add much to LeBron's legacy if he won a title with Bosh, Wade and Amare on his team. Not much of an accomplishment...

These guys are stars. They want to be THE GUY on a team that wins the title. They don't get to where they are by being humble.

i dont think Magic cares a whole lot for having won the title with Kareem, WIlkes, Mcadoo and then with Kareem , Worthy Byron Scott.

Nor I think Bird image is affected because he played with Johnson, Mchale, Parish, Walton.

All of them people wich could have been "the man" somwhere else.

GSW Hoops
04-29-2010, 01:05 PM
i dont think Magic cares a whole lot for having won the title with Kareem, WIlkes, Mcadoo and then with Kareem , Worthy Byron Scott.

Nor I think Bird image is affected because he played with Johnson, Mchale, Parish, Walton.

All of them people wich could have been "the man" somwhere else.

First of all, McHale, Walton, McAdoo, Byron Scott, etc. could not have been "the man" on another team. They were really good role players. That's like saying Antawn Jamison or Ron Artest could be "the man" on another team.

Second, those guys weren't all superstars. What you're talking about is Wade, LeBron, Amare, etc. on the SAME team. That's equivalent to having Magic, Jordan, Hakeem AND Bird on the same team from the previous era.

Not gonna happen my friend.

DaBUU
04-29-2010, 01:06 PM

I doubt the players union would let them pass up a max contract if they can get it.

DQL
04-29-2010, 01:11 PM

if they want it the Heat can make it happen (pretty much the only team in the NBA can do such thing). Let's say they package Beasley and Jones (guaranteed for 1.856M next year) and get nothing in return. Then dump Cook's remaining 2.17M salary using 3M cash. They'll have enough cap space to sign 3 max guys w/o anyone having to take paycut.

Wade+Lebron+Bosh ($16,568,908 x 3) +Joel Anthony ($885,120) + Chalmers ($854,389) + #18 pick ($1,237,500) + 3 2nd round picks ($473,604 x 3) + roster holds ($473,604 x 3) = $55,525,356 (fits into 56.1M cap)

not gonna happen though

pebloemer
04-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Yeah right;haven't you noticed that most of these guys go bankrupt within 5 years of being out of the league?

I think that makes his point even more - different reasoning of course. Although I will say that LeBron, Bosh and Wade don't seem like the type of stars to be bankcrupt so quick. All three should be able to market themselves for lots of extra money. I don't see Wade and Bosh in particular as the types to blow it all in 5 years. LeBron's money will be hard to lose unless he has some serious gambling problems.

Raph12
04-29-2010, 01:16 PM
No... Everyone wants to get paid.

Hellcrooner
04-29-2010, 01:53 PM
First of all, McHale, Walton, McAdoo, Byron Scott, etc. could not have been "the man" on another team. They were really good role players. That's like saying Antawn Jamison or Ron Artest could be "the man" on another team.

Second, those guys weren't all superstars. What you're talking about is Wade, LeBron, Amare, etc. on the SAME team. That's equivalent to having Magic, Jordan, Hakeem AND Bird on the same team from the previous era.

Not gonna happen my friend.

i guess someone is too young :rolleyes:

Walton LEAD the blazers to the title isnt he a superstar?

Mcadoo won an MVP.

Mchale could put 20 and 10 whenever he wanted etc etc etc.