PDA

View Full Version : Cavs' fans reaction if LeBron DOES leave

Cubsfan365
04-29-2010, 09:19 AM
If LeBron does in fact leave Cleveland this season for a bigger market, what will be the reaction of the Cavaliers fans toward LeBron? Do you think they will resent him forever for leaving the city, or still love him because he is their "native son" and best player already in franchise history.

nygiants242
04-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Hard to tell, really, but it's definitely an interesting question. It will be a really rough hit IMO, though, because I just can't imagine the Cavs without him. I mean, they won't even be close to competitive, I'd think. Take LeBron out of the equation... (well this is assuming no FA moves are made:)

PG: Mo Williams
SG: Anthony Parker
SF: Jamario Moon
PF: Antawn Jamison
C: Shaquille O'Neal

Screams mediocre, at best.

Cubsfan365
04-29-2010, 09:25 AM
Yeah, maybe somewhere around a 7-8 seed in the playoffs, but nowhere near contending. I'm sure their economy would take a huge hit also.

Miltown34
04-29-2010, 09:27 AM
Well the suicide rate will hit an all time high

avrpatsfan
04-29-2010, 09:34 AM
Well they will have enough for a max FA so all is not lost for them.

Ray_R
04-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Well the suicide rate will hit an all time high

:laugh:

Pierzynski4Prez
04-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Yeah, maybe somewhere around a 7-8 seed in the playoffs, but nowhere near contending. I'm sure their economy would take a huge hit also.

Without Lebron, they are not better than the bulls, who were the 8th seed. So I doubt they are a playoff team.

And Shaq will not be on that team if LBJ doesn't return, and I'm sure Z will be done as well. All they will be left with is Mo, Moon, Parker, Varejo, Jameson, Hickson and about 11-14 million in cap space if they don't exercise West's 4.5 mil option. 7-10 in cap space if they do bring back West. Plus a very late 1st and 2nd rounder.

BOSTON617
04-29-2010, 09:58 AM
lol cavs would be a unknown team like before lebron ?

king4day
04-29-2010, 09:58 AM
They'll hate him. And it would be weird if they didn't. He will have betrayed his original team and fans, plain and simple.

G-Funk
04-29-2010, 10:10 AM
they will hop right off the banwagon. Lebron is the best thing that ever happend to that city ever.

Badluck33
04-29-2010, 10:28 AM
i dont see him winning a title in cleveland.

I think he bolts.

thats me

i know nothing.

prodigy
04-29-2010, 10:40 AM
If LeBron does in fact leave Cleveland this season for a bigger market, what will be the reaction of the Cavaliers fans toward LeBron? Do you think they will resent him forever for leaving the city, or still love him because he is their "native son" and best player already in franchise history.

The ''bigger market'' would have nothing to do with it. Something called a cap.

People need to understand some things.

1. If Lebron goes to NY and sells 35billion jerseys he will not get that money.

2. His Nike Contract does not offer more money if he's in a bigger market.

3. Cleveland can pay him the most.

Its just hard to find a reason for him to leave. He owns NY, yet lives near his home city. He has the cake and eating it to you know.

prodigy
04-29-2010, 10:41 AM
they will hop right off the banwagon. Lebron is the best thing that ever happend to that city ever.

1. Jim Brown

2. Lebron

nycsports2
04-29-2010, 10:53 AM
lmao

magicdouglas
04-29-2010, 10:57 AM
I know when shaq left Orlando fans were pissed! there were jersey burnings, a giant sign for fans to sign their vents at shaq, local media blasted him and the hatred continues, we just don't boo him anymore. If I lived in Cleveland and James left I'd want to kill him!

asandhu23
04-29-2010, 11:00 AM
The bandwagon breaks down and the riders hitch a ride on the new york bandwagon.

sep11ie
04-29-2010, 11:07 AM

Its just hard to find a reason for him to leave. He owns NY, yet lives near his home city. He has the cake and eating it to you know.

Ever heard of a sign and trade?

Pierzynski4Prez
04-29-2010, 11:12 AM

Its funny, Lebron can really go to any team in the league he wants via sign and trade, regardless of cap space.

Obviously he can sign with the teams with the cap space, but say he wants to go elsewhere, all he has to do is tell cleveland, if you don't want me to simply walk with you getting nothing, sign and trade me to ......, otherwise I walk and you get nothing. And obviously the team he would go to would be losing quite a bit, but he could still make sure he goes to that team.

ragee
04-29-2010, 11:14 AM

It is not just about the jerseys and his Nike contract... If he does go to NY, he will get more endorsement deals... That is also the reason why Ricky Rubio wants to play for a bigger city and Shaq bolted to LA...

Pierzynski4Prez
04-29-2010, 11:16 AM
It is not just about the jerseys and his Nike contract... If he does go to NY, he will get more endorsement deals... That is also the reason why Ricky Rubio wants to play for a bigger city...

So what you're saying is that RIGHT NOW, while LBJ is in cleveland, if he wanted an endorsement deal for certain companies, they would deny him because he is in Cleveland?

You have to understand, he could live in Anchorage, AK, and still get any endorsement deal he wants. It's his personal choice what deals he gets, not based on where he lives and plays.

Ricky Rubio is 1/100000th of what LBJ is, he needs those endorsement deals.

Hellcrooner
04-29-2010, 11:20 AM
80% Of the Cavs "fans" will simply follow him and bandwagon the new team.

The rest will try to enjoy Bynum or Gasol or Marion or whoever they get in the sign and trade

JNA17
04-29-2010, 11:22 AM
cavs fans don't exist so i don't know what you are talking about.

SNYmets86
04-29-2010, 11:23 AM
GUYS YA HAVE 2 WATCH THIS LMAO!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM&NR=1

Giaps
04-29-2010, 11:40 AM

Who the **** still uses a pay phone?

LOL

SNYmets86
04-29-2010, 11:43 AM

LOL

that part had me rollin

ragee
04-29-2010, 11:46 AM
So what you're saying is that RIGHT NOW, while LBJ is in cleveland, if he wanted an endorsement deal for certain companies, they would deny him because he is in Cleveland?

You have to understand, he could live in Anchorage, AK, and still get any endorsement deal he wants. It's his personal choice what deals he gets, not based on where he lives and plays.

Ricky Rubio is 1/100000th of what LBJ is, he needs those endorsement deals.

And Shaq? I am not saying he is not getting anything when he is in Cleveland... What I am saying is, there is more money in NY... Dude, he'd get paid just to go to a club or something... He'd meet more people and build more connections to different things... It's the little things that will make the difference... All the big endorsement deals will always be there no matter where he goes... Plus, he already said he wants to be a billionaire so it's not just about playing ball and getting endorsements anymore...

king4day
04-29-2010, 11:51 AM

That made my day :laugh:

Avenged
04-29-2010, 11:55 AM

All of that aside, the question is what's your reaction if he does leave?

I'd actually like to know what Cavs fans think on this regard.

B-Ray
if Lebron leaves, there goes the Cleveland economy

Pierzynski4Prez
And Shaq? I am not saying he is not getting anything when he is in Cleveland... What I am saying is, there is more money in NY... Dude, he'd get paid just to go to a club or something... He'd meet more people and build more connections to different things... It's the little things that will make the difference... All the big endorsement deals will always be there no matter where he goes... Plus, he already said he wants to be a billionaire so it's not just about playing ball and getting endorsements anymore...

What about Shaq? Is he going to NY too?

Lebron is not going to become a billionaire by making Club appearances. If he truly wanted to become a billionaire, he would need to take his business overseas.

Mr. Net32
04-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Magic had L.A. Mike had Chicago. Wilt and Shaq left for L.A. By staying in Cleveland he's hurting the League. Everyone Knows the NBA is better when the big Markets are contenders. The market will dictate what happens. Cleveland should be happy they wasted 7 of his seasons so far. 7 years and they're just now getting a decent team to surround him. Meanwhile the Knicks Nets and Bulls cleared cap space or built a decent team in 2years.

SNYmets86
04-29-2010, 12:01 PM
That made my day :laugh:

When i 1st saw the video my tears came out ... Lol

ragee
04-29-2010, 12:05 PM
What about Shaq? Is he going to NY too?

Lebron is not going to become a billionaire by making Club appearances. If he truly wanted to become a billionaire, he would need to take his business overseas.

Shaq bolting to LA... You're just trying to be a wise ***... I know you get my point... It not just about going to clubs man! Put all the little things together and it can equal to the value of the big ones... Plus, like I said, it is not just about basketball anymore if Lebron really want to be a billionaire... That's just how I see it... If you don't see it that way, then let's just agree to disagree... We don't even know if he is leaving or not and I don't really care where he goes so I don't see the point of making this argument longer...

Pierzynski4Prez
04-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Shaq bolting to LA... You're just trying to be a wise ***... I know you get my point... It not just about going to clubs man! Put all the little things together and it can equal to the value of the big ones... Plus, like I said, it is not just about basketball anymore if Lebron really want to be a billionaire... That's just how I see it... If you don't see it that way, then let's just agree to disagree... We don't even know if he is leaving or not and I don't really care where he goes so I don't see the point of making this argument longer...

You didn't make any mention of Shaq to LA in your previous post, so how was I supposed to know you meant LA. Seriously, go re-read it, and tell me how I'm being a wise-***.

And No, I truly don't get your point, unless your point is that Lebron can make a billion dollars by doing little things, meeting people, and that he doesn't care about basketball anymore.

mervinout
04-29-2010, 12:25 PM
You didn't make any mention of Shaq to LA in your previous post, so how was I supposed to know you meant LA. Seriously, go re-read it, and tell me how I'm being a wise-***.

And No, I truly don't get your point, unless your point is that Lebron can make a billion dollars by doing little things, meeting people, and that he doesn't care about basketball anymore.

His points is
Max Contract
Normal Endorsement deals
+minor nyc deals
+NYC connections surrounding him for long term money deals
= possible Billionaire

I don't really agree with it but that is his logic i think , personally i am with noah
you ever heard anyone say they are going on a vacation to Cleveland

Sadds The Gr8
04-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Hard to tell, really, but it's definitely an interesting question. It will be a really rough hit IMO, though, because I just can't imagine the Cavs without him. I mean, they won't even be close to competitive, I'd think. Take LeBron out of the equation... (well this is assuming no FA moves are made:)

HIGHLY doubt Shaq comes back if Lebron leaves.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-29-2010, 12:36 PM
His points is
Max Contract
Normal Endorsement deals
+minor nyc deals
+NYC connections surrounding him for long term money deals
= possible Billionaire

I don't really agree with it but that is his logic i think , personally i am with noah
you ever heard anyone say they are going on a vacation to Cleveland

Max contract is 100% irrelevant if you are going to use any NYC factors, since Cleveland can give him 30 million more than anyone else.

DaBUU
04-29-2010, 12:44 PM

man these are effen great, im laughing out loud over here

JNA17
04-29-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm not defending Cleveland, but Drew Carey says otherwise.

Who the **** cares about Drew Carey? :laugh2:

Ballin274
04-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Max contract is 100% irrelevant if you are going to use any NYC factors, since Cleveland can give him 30 million more than anyone else.

Honestly, point is, even if cleveland could offer him 50 mil more than anyone else, he'd make all that money before next years all star game in new york. So what if Nike wont give him more(which they probably will anyway) he'd get a **** load of major endorsement just for being in the big apple, he would be able to start his own clothing line, dont say he can do that in cleveland, nobody wants to buy those ugly *** L23 gym shirts with the crown on top, way ugly. being in New York opens opportunities for regular people, so imagine someone of Lebrons stature coming here. He'd be a mega star, right now he's the top name in b ball, which is fine and dandy, but if he really wants some true spotlight, and hopes to fulfill those millionaire dreams, he'll be in New York.

P.S drew carey sucks too, his show was never funny. so his word on cleveland just pushed that crap town back even further.

The Final Boss
04-29-2010, 12:57 PM
It'll be a ghost gym like it was 8 seasons ago when all the fake *** fans came out of nowhere like roaches.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Who the **** cares about Drew Carey? :laugh2:

die-hard price is right fans, thats who.

JNA17
04-29-2010, 01:09 PM
die-hard price is right fans, thats who.

die-hard price is right fans are those that watch the re-runs episodes when bob barker was host. Not some fat-*** that is making the show go down the tubes.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-29-2010, 01:11 PM
Honestly, point is, even if cleveland could offer him 50 mil more than anyone else, he'd make all that money before next years all star game in new york. So what if Nike wont give him more(which they probably will anyway) he'd get a **** load of major endorsement just for being in the big apple, he would be able to start his own clothing line, dont say he can do that in cleveland, nobody wants to buy those ugly *** L23 gym shirts with the crown on top, way ugly. being in New York opens opportunities for regular people, so imagine someone of Lebrons stature coming here. He'd be a mega star, right now he's the top name in b ball, which is fine and dandy, but if he really wants some true spotlight, and hopes to fulfill those millionaire dreams, he'll be in New York.

P.S drew carey sucks too, his show was never funny. so his word on cleveland just pushed that crap town back even further.

If it's that easy, how come nobody has given a crap about any Knick player since Ewing. If all you have to do is play in the big apple and your global status increases, how come nothing ever became of Allen Houston or Latrel Sprewell or any other Knick player over the last 15 years?

Pierzynski4Prez
04-29-2010, 01:12 PM
die-hard price is right fans are those that watch the re-runs episodes when bob barker was host. Not some fat-*** that is making the show go down the tubes.

relax hoss, I was just messin around. Didn't even know they showed reruns of that show.

Raph12
04-29-2010, 01:14 PM
It will be like Shaq and Orlando, most fans will still love him for what he did for the franchise, but there will be the ones who'll hold a grudge for the rest of their lives, thinking about "what could've been"

JNA17
04-29-2010, 01:14 PM
relax hoss, I was just messin around. Didn't even know they showed reruns of that show.

they don't. I was trying to sound like i was smart :laugh2:

jeter 2
04-29-2010, 01:27 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2007/11/28/news/newsmakers/lebron_james.fortune/index.htm

Lebron James owns a marketing agency based in Cleveland. Right now, his main clients are himself, John Wall and Ted Ginn Jr. If Lebron truly wants to be a billionaire, he needs to 1) win multiple NBA championships and 2) acquire more clients. In a bigger market such as New York, accomplishing his dream would be more feasible. If he could start a branch in New York City, I believe he would be able to acquire top entertainers as well as sports stars. Why? Because marketing agencies for top sports talents and entertainers in New York is a very competitive market. Also on the last page, it says 35 million people watched Jordan's last game while the most that ever watched Lebron James is 9 million. If he goes to a bigger, he would therefore be increasing the number of viewers, which means he is increasing his exposure. In Cleveland, he has not been able to attract the fair-weather fan in other cities like Houston, Los Angeles and even New York. If Lebron wants to be a world renowned athlete and a billionaire, I do not think think its feasible in the city of Cleveland. His roster is filled with roles and his two complementary stars are past their prime. They simply do not have the roster nor salary cap space currently to sustain their success. Other teams such as the Knicks could pair Lebron with a superstar and surround him with young talent. In some of these situations, it may take a year to for these rosters to reach their capabilities, but in 2 years these teams could guarantee Lebron with the best roster for the long haul, which Cleveland cannot simply guarantee. Therefore, it would only increase his popularity, exposure and NBA viewers, which means more money for Lebron.

abe_froman
04-29-2010, 01:31 PM
there will be no such thing as a cavs fan

Miltown34
04-29-2010, 01:35 PM
1. Jim Brown

2. Lebron

Yeah Jim Brown help fight racism LeBron helps fight off defenders

sintaks12
04-29-2010, 02:23 PM
People keep saying that Cleveland can offer an extra year. You REALLY think Lebron is gonna sign a contract for 6 years? He likes keeping his options open. Regardless if he stays or goes, he will NOT sign a long term deal.

CAVS21
04-29-2010, 02:43 PM

Actually no we won't.....Browns still have sell outs or close to it for every game and since they've been back we've made the playoffs once.....so no we won't (the real fans anyways) jump ship just because LBJ did......he won't leave for the reasons that I've already seen mentioned here...

1-Already a global icon, He can't make more in NYC regardless of what people say

2-He's a very loyal guy, this is very evident in his documentary.

3-He wants to be the guy that ends the drought of no titles in Cleveland...not to mention most of the NBAs greats stayed put for the most part.

D Roses Bulls
04-29-2010, 02:48 PM

it will rain fire, the four horse men of the Apocalypse will show up, and all hell will break out

D Roses Bulls
04-29-2010, 02:52 PM
oh and these videos will even become more true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM&feature=related

NYK_kidd77
04-29-2010, 03:09 PM
I know Magic Johnson said if he wants to be a billionaire he'll go to New York.

fadedmario
04-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Well they will have enough for a max FA so all is not lost for them.

Without Lebron, who would want to play in Cleveland?

kArSoN RyDaH
04-29-2010, 03:23 PM
there wont be cavs fans at all just like there werent any cavs fans before lebron came. ahahahahahhaha

junion
04-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Without Lebron, they are not better than the bulls, who were the 8th seed. So I doubt they are a playoff team.

And Shaq will not be on that team if LBJ doesn't return, and I'm sure Z will be done as well. All they will be left with is Mo, Moon, Parker, Varejo, Jameson, Hickson and about 11-14 million in cap space if they don't exercise West's 4.5 mil option. 7-10 in cap space if they do bring back West. Plus a very late 1st and 2nd rounder.

without lebron, the cavs wouldn't be #1 seed, therefore, the bulls would be #7 seed, you have to compare it to the #9 seed who would now be the #8 seed. they only have to be good enough to be #8 if they want to be in the playoffs. gosh! lrn2math

Pierzynski4Prez
04-29-2010, 03:28 PM
without lebron, the cavs wouldn't be #1 seed, therefore, the bulls would be #7 seed, you have to compare it to the #9 seed who would now be the #8 seed. they only have to be good enough to be #8 if they want to be in the playoffs. gosh! lrn2math

my bad

KG2TB
04-29-2010, 03:32 PM
That too. And also if Noah didn't miss 10 games, and Deng and Kirk didn't miss a combined 20 games, we probably would have been the 5th seed.

prodigy
04-29-2010, 03:36 PM

LOL I would love that. Who ever wants him will have to pay the price we ask for. If not then we will keep him. We can always lie like Boozer did to us.

prodigy
04-29-2010, 03:40 PM
It is not just about the jerseys and his Nike contract... If he does go to NY, he will get more endorsement deals... That is also the reason why Ricky Rubio wants to play for a bigger city and Shaq bolted to LA...

Who is Lebron not sponsored by? lol. Pretty sure he's not lacking in that area.

Shaq was not in his home town. Plus Lebron made more money his first year in Cleveland then Shaq did his entire time with the magic. Different times.

RipVW
04-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Having maximum exposure alone doesnt mean much if the mainstream public doesnt care about the NBA. 90% of the American public might know who Lebron is but that doesnt mean they're going to start watching the NBA.

dtmagnet
04-29-2010, 04:03 PM
It would kill the franchise, not literally but it would take forever to recover from that.

Bruno
04-29-2010, 04:06 PM

No. Shaq's 20 million comes off the books at the end of this season. And if James leaves that means that's another what would have been max contract off the books.

I could be wrong, if James leaves Cleveland can offer two massive contracts, no? If you add two massive contracts to a team with Mo and Jamison-recent allstars, and a decent bench they are still a power in the east.

tjlipford
04-29-2010, 04:16 PM
He aint going nowhere sorry. This is the best supporting cast around him that he has had so he cant complain there. Upper management really does make a move when they have to. We can offer him more money than anyone, and his Nike deal he just signed is a set amount wherever he plays. It sounds to me like this is a winning situation.

So Knicks fans yall can get Bosh or somebody else and stop photo shopping pics of Lebron in NY uniforms. Yall look desperate. Just watch the playoffs and enjoy history

heathonater
04-29-2010, 04:17 PM
IF he left, lebron wouldnt be getting a warm reception from the fans.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-29-2010, 05:00 PM
No. Shaq's 20 million comes off the books at the end of this season. And if James leaves that means that's another what would have been max contract off the books.

I could be wrong, if James leaves Cleveland can offer two massive contracts, no? If you add two massive contracts to a team with Mo and Jamison-recent allstars, and a decent bench they are still a power in the east.

Just because they have 2 massive contracts coming off the books doesn't mean they can offer 2 other max contracts. They are over the cap, next year without LBJ, they still have over 40 million committed, plus a 4.5 team option on west. If they pick that up, they are looking at around 8-12 in cap space, so not enough to offer a max to anyone.

THE MTL
04-29-2010, 05:15 PM
It'll be like a Vince Carter situation in Toronto. Maybe even worse.

sep11ie
04-29-2010, 05:17 PM

LOL

I loved the "All our fish have AIDS"! part.

ZbuAtlCerK
04-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Im from Akron And still live here. Long live the 330 LeBron
He Isnt leaving.
He HAs to much history, Family, Everything here.
Jordan+Bulls=Lebron+Cavs

RaiderLakersA's
04-30-2010, 12:13 PM

The Cleveland fans will applaud him, no matter what, as long as he doesn't crap on his former team when/if he leaves.

The LeBron fans will just follow him wherever he goes.

Yes, I make a distinction between LeBron fans and Cleveland fans. They're not one and the same.

Hustla23
04-30-2010, 12:28 PM

This is one of the funniest ****ing things I have ever seen in my life.

" Our river is so polluted the fish have aids " :laugh:

mrblisterdundee
04-30-2010, 12:52 PM
If LeBron leaves, who will care about Cleveland fans' reaction?

Bullsfan22
04-30-2010, 01:11 PM
"atleast we're not detroit!" lmaoo

JNA17
04-30-2010, 01:13 PM
LOL, your a fat 32 year old geek sitting in his moms basement with chips on his shirt trying to judge other people and places that you clearly have no idea about. Keep your stupid comments to yourself.

likewise ;)

ldc62
04-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Probably feel like this: CLICK to see how they will react when the Queen leaves!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW2g3f_J0WU)

cav_till_i_die
04-30-2010, 01:29 PM
cavs fans don't exist so i don't know what you are talking about.

We have a better crowd than you guys, and we don't throw stuff on the floor when were losing in a game.

smith&wesson
04-30-2010, 01:34 PM
i hope lebron stays,
its one thing to sell out the city that drafted you, its another to sell out the city that raised you..

plus he has a good thing going now in clevland why leave a sure thing for somthing that is unknown. whos to say he goes to jersey or new york and they are contenders ? it takes the right players, coaches, team chemistry to be a contender... it took the cavs seven years to build the right team, whos to say it wont be another seven when he goes on to a rebuilding team.

jackdawson
04-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Stupid question. Of course most of them will not take it easy and it would be like betraying the whole city. He would hated and all of his contributions will be forgotten to most people for this hate. At least I would have done the same thing and to be honest you can't blame them if they react that way.

DaBUU
04-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Im from Akron And still live here. Long live the 330 LeBron
He Isnt leaving.
He HAs to much history, Family, Everything here.
Jordan+Bulls=Lebron+Cavs

Jordan+Bulls= 6 Championships
Lebron+Cavs= 0 Championships

Please stop the comparison, there is none.

cav_till_i_die
04-30-2010, 01:59 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2007/11/28/news/newsmakers/lebron_james.fortune/index.htm

Lebron James owns a marketing agency based in Cleveland. Right now, his main clients are himself, John Wall and Ted Ginn Jr. If Lebron truly wants to be a billionaire, he needs to 1) win multiple NBA championships and 2) acquire more clients. In a bigger market such as New York, accomplishing his dream would be more feasible. If he could start a branch in New York City, I believe he would be able to acquire top entertainers as well as sports stars. Why? Because marketing agencies for top sports talents and entertainers in New York is a very competitive market. Also on the last page, it says 35 million people watched Jordan's last game while the most that ever watched Lebron James is 9 million. If he goes to a bigger, he would therefore be increasing the number of viewers, which means he is increasing his exposure. In Cleveland, he has not been able to attract the fair-weather fan in other cities like Houston, Los Angeles and even New York. If Lebron wants to be a world renowned athlete and a billionaire, I do not think think its feasible in the city of Cleveland. His roster is filled with roles and his two complementary stars are past their prime. They simply do not have the roster nor salary cap space currently to sustain their success. Other teams such as the Knicks could pair Lebron with a superstar and surround him with young talent. In some of these situations, it may take a year to for these rosters to reach their capabilities, but in 2 years these teams could guarantee Lebron with the best roster for the long haul, which Cleveland cannot simply guarantee. Therefore, it would only increase his popularity, exposure and NBA viewers, which means more money for Lebron.

Words cant describe how sick i am of you. You come into our forum and talk about how Lebron should go to the knicks, then later after listening to us cavs fans chew you up and spit you out you said I dont think Lebron is coming to the knicks. Now your spreading your brain wash again. 35 million people watched Jordans last game because it was JORDANS LAST GAME. only 9 million people have watched Lebron because they can watch him whenever they want in the next 7-9 years. Once again the Cavs front office has shown it can surround Lebron with the players he needs, there are young guys on his team who can play, Mo williams is a sidekick who isnt past his prime, Jamison's contract will be expriring next year and who knows what he will do with that. Plus there are on National T.V. all the time, we get exposure. And of course Lebron's marketing agency isnt big yet, it has been around for 4-5 years, no company is HUGE by then, a business takes time to grow. Nike started in the trunk of a car and is in Oregon, not New York, not every company needs new york to survive. Businesses are in fact dying off left and right in New York because of your guy's taxes. Trump even insults New York publicly. New york isnt that great the city its argueably struggling more than ever. Lebron was born here his family is here, his history is here, hes not leaving, and he doesn't need the Knicks.

alencp3
04-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Jordan+Bulls= 6 Championships
Lebron+Cavs= 0 Championships

Please stop the comparison, there is none.

Jordan won a ring in his 7th season,this is Brons 7th also so where u know.