PDA

View Full Version : Cubs on Shortwave?

soupy1957
04-29-2010, 07:48 AM
I'm a recent convert to the Chicago Cubs. Carlos on the mound, convinced me that they are going places!

Since I'm in New England, (Connecticut), I have had difficulty watching or listening to the games here.

Anyone know of a way to at least LISTEN to the games (perhaps on Shortwave?) out here?

I don't think I'll be moving to Chicago in THIS lifetime.......lol.

-Soupy1957

cowboydoc45
04-29-2010, 08:41 AM
I'm a recent convert to the Chicago Cubs. Carlos on the mound, convinced me that they are going places!

Since I'm in New England, (Connecticut), I have had difficulty watching or listening to the games here.

Anyone know of a way to at least LISTEN to the games (perhaps on Shortwave?) out here?

I don't think I'll be moving to Chicago in THIS lifetime.......lol.

-Soupy1957

I don't know of any "free" ways, but there are a couple of good ideas.

If you want to listen to them, XM Satalite Radio is probably the way to go. The only downside is that they usually only play the home feed (meaning if the Cubs are away, you end up listening to the home teams feed of the game). The advantage here is that you also get tons of other teams, and lots of music.

If you are wanting to watch them, MLBtv is one option. If you have satalite, the MLB Extra Innings package through DirecTV is prety good too. Hope that helps.

behindmydesk
04-29-2010, 08:49 AM
You can pay MLB.com to listen or watch. Everything else is illegal and shall not be discussed on PSD.

/thread