PDA

View Full Version : Better Chance against LA? Denver or Utah

JordansBulls
04-29-2010, 12:51 AM
Which team has the better chance to beat LA in a series? Denver or Utah

I think both teams lack something, but one of them has a better shot than the other.

still1ballin
04-29-2010, 12:56 AM
I think Utah. Even though Denver isn't playing well, they scare me and always play well against the Lakers. Lakers always play Utah tough and we always have had the upper hand.

Lakers4ItAll
04-29-2010, 01:03 AM
Utah is the tougher team forsure, Denver chokes. As a Laker fan I would much rather face Denver. Deron will tear LA up like he is Denver

kArSoN RyDaH
04-29-2010, 01:03 AM
neither but add the refs on their side and they could win.

IAmKira
04-29-2010, 01:05 AM
obviously Denver wif their coach. But Uath's got this and wifout AK n Okur, it doesnt look like it will go past beyond 6 wif the lake show

Sadds The Gr8
04-29-2010, 01:13 AM
LA is always a bad matchup for Utah. They always shut down Boozer because he's so much shorter than Pau and Bynum, and that forces D-Will to score all the points. I think Denver has a better chance, with or without Karl.

Highlight
04-29-2010, 01:19 AM
LA is always a bad matchup for Utah. They always shut down Boozer because he's so much shorter than Pau and Bynum, and that forces D-Will to score all the points. I think Denver has a better chance, with or without Karl.

Completely agree.

Boozer becomes an average PF whenever he plays against LA. Deron still plays well, but he's not enough to beat LA.

LA has taken care of Utah the past 3 years. The only difference this year, is that Okur and AK are out, which may be a good thing for Utah. Having all these young guys having to come in, may be harder to handle than the others that are out.

RipVW
04-29-2010, 01:46 AM
Deron is a huge mismatch for Fisher but theres not enough down low for Utah to finish. To pound it down inside like Utah does is a mismatch since LA is good at it with Gasol and Bynum.

Denver has that fifth gear when JR Smith goes off, Chauncey knocks down some shots from the outside and then of course there's Carmelo who is one of the leagues elite scorers. Plus Denver has Ty Lawson who is really fast and can exploit someone like Fisher. Denver has a lot of chances at fastbreak points with a lot of personnel combinations too. Theyre not as good as LA inside. Theyre not even as good as Utah inside. But Denver has enough 3 pt and transition potential to give LA fits on certain nights.

michelangelo
04-29-2010, 02:09 AM
D Will has been a pimp ever since his Illinois days. He's one of the few guys in college where I said: "there's no doubt he becomes a star in the NBA."

I can't see D Will losing his composure against LA. Unless he gets jobbed by the refs, he'll put up big numbers.

GoatMilk
04-29-2010, 02:25 AM
Denver

Boozer becomes a ghost vs the Lakers

and Denver truly believes they can beat the Lakers. They would be so amped for this series
they dont look great this postseason, but they can give the lakers another fight

i think Kobe would rather see Wes Matthews/Kyle Korver/CJ Miles than Arron Afflalo too

VIP1349
04-29-2010, 02:54 AM
To me we were the best team the Lakers played last year, depends completely on whether we have GK back. Crazy that a Coach can have that much impact but he has, Ty Lawson has really done damage with the Lakers, JR Smith has done real well again them this year to, and Bird always plays well against them to. To me we are one of the best teams when our bench is playing and they always play well against the Lakers.

We beat them this year without Billups & Melo' and Afflalo has had a lot of success against Kobe. And to even get there we'd have to win three in a row needless to say we've be pretty hyped, however the Jazz are still really good. Think either way the Lakers are going to have a tough time, the West every series is like that.

ldc62
04-29-2010, 03:23 AM
Why is everyone picking Denver? Utah can match the Lakers decently everywhere, but Deron Williams is going to kill the Lakers PGs. Russel Westbrook is making Derrick Fisher look like a 60 year old, imagine what Deron will do... Billups isn't as fast or quick so Fisher could potentially stop him.

GoatMilk
04-29-2010, 03:43 AM
Why is everyone picking Denver? Utah can match the Lakers decently everywhere, but Deron Williams is going to kill the Lakers PGs. Russel Westbrook is making Derrick Fisher look like a 60 year old, imagine what Deron will do... Billups isn't as fast or quick so Fisher could potentially stop him.

you know how some teams just own the other team?
thats the Lakers and the Jazz

Deron can only do so much

without Boozer, forget it

Boozer like i said above, is a ghost vs the lakers. just too big up front for him.
he cant score against Pau and Bynum

and then when Odom comes in, he abuses Boozer and Millsap

the lakers could just put Artest or Kobe on Deron. I know he's quicker than both of them by a mile, but they can still give him fits

Lakers are just far superior to the Jazz

Nuggets would have a way better chance to beat the lakers

ldc62
04-29-2010, 03:48 AM
you know how some teams just own the other team?
thats the Lakers and the Jazz

Deron can only do so much

without Boozer, forget it

Boozer like i said above, is a ghost vs the lakers. just too big up front for him.
he cant score against Pau and Bynum

and then when Odom comes in, he abuses Boozer and Millsap

the lakers could just put Artest or Kobe on Deron. I know he's quicker than both of them by a mile, but they can still give him fits

Lakers are just far superior to the Jazz

Nuggets would have a way better chance to beat the lakers

I guess we will see

DenButsu
04-29-2010, 03:51 AM
As a Nuggets fan, the only bridge I'm concerned about them crossing right now is Game 6.

Nothing else is on my radar screen, and I hope that's true for the players and coaching staff as well.

RipVW
04-29-2010, 03:55 AM

Denver has Ty Lawson and even Billups is a mismatch against Fisher. But Ty Lawson is a huge mismatch vs. Fisher. When JR Smith is playing well, he's hitting 3s and running the floor. Few teams can withstand the Nuggets when Smith goes off and Carmelo has a good game. JR Smith might be the biggest example of a game changer that isnt a star. The only player the Lakers have thats close to Smith in athleticism is Shannon Brown but Shannon Brown doesnt light it up from 3 like Smith does when he's on.

There was a point during the season when the Nuggets had played several elite teams and had beaten most of them by at least 10 points. The Nuggets have an awesome A game but they also play down to their competition a lot. And they dont have their A game all the time. It seems to happen more when they play the Lakers though. If youre not careful, playing the Nuggets can turn into an avalanche of momentum that lands on your head.

But the Jazz is a tough matchup. Though theyre not better than the Lakers down low, they are better than the Nuggets down low. And Williams is one of the stronger point guards in the league and isnt prone to turn over the ball when the defense is aggressive...so then it becomes hard for Denver to generate momentum with transition baskets. They end up having to play the Jazz flatfooted and Deron Williams is a big reason why.

G-Funk
04-29-2010, 10:33 AM
Nuggets cause they actually believe they can beat the Lakers. But Utah is playing way better then Denver right now so you can also say Utah.

mikantsass
04-29-2010, 10:57 AM
I say Utah. Denver has no Karl and no Nene. End of story

dukejazz
04-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Utah will be harder matchup for la. Going to get ak back and d will will be ahppy for some help. Also utah has beaten LA this year so its possible for utah to win especially if the thunder keep runnin gon la and take it to game 7. Faster you win the more rest time you get. Utah needs to win at home and Hope LA has to go to at least game 7. If OKC can give la trouble then i cant see why utah cant.

Baller1
04-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Way to count the Thunder out.

dukejazz
04-29-2010, 11:14 AM

I think thunder have a chance to beat Lakers and im telling you i would love to see akers look after getting out in first round ;)

SouljahPhil...
04-29-2010, 11:18 AM
wishful thinking..lol

U want oKc to win so utah would have a chance to advance..if LA wins...no way in hell utah beat them in a 7 game series and advance....I will sig bet anybody here for that..

Gibby23
04-29-2010, 11:21 AM
I think thunder have a chance to beat Lakers and im telling you i would love to see akers look after getting out in first round ;)

Would they look like the Jazz after the Lakers bounced them in round 1 last year, or would the look like the Jazz after the lakers bounced them in round 2 in 2008?

R. Johnson#3
04-29-2010, 11:22 AM
The Lakers advanced?

Gibby23
04-29-2010, 11:27 AM
The Lakers advanced?

Thats what Im saying, they didn't even win the series yet and it is in the same place the Denver/Utah series is at.

dukejazz
04-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Would they look like the Jazz after the Lakers bounced them in round 1 last year, or would the look like the Jazz after the lakers bounced them in round 2 in 2008?

Wow how does that make sense? LA won the championship last year. They have more to lose by not advancing smart one.

Gibby23
04-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Wow how does that make sense? LA won the championship last year. They have more to lose by not advancing smart one.

Not really, the have a championship, something the Jazz players don't. Even if the Lakers lose, they still keep that championship from last year. You wouldn't know.

Avenged
04-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Denver has the better chance against L.A because of matchup problems and add to the fact they owned us this season. They're a physical team and the Lakers seem to struggle a bit against them.

I'd much rather the Lakers face the Jazz since we matchup well against them and have had their number. Aside from Deron getting his, the Lakers have the right players to shut or limit everyone else down. Odom seems to guard Boozer great, and Fisher does an "okay" job on Deron since he semi knows their system.

Raidaz4Life
04-29-2010, 11:43 AM
The Thunder because at this point they are the only team guaranteed to play another game against them.

dukejazz
04-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Not really, the have a championship, something the Jazz players don't. Even if the Lakers lose, they still keep that championship from last year. You wouldn't know.

whatever dude. So you think if they get upset in first round its nothing to the lakers? Lol ok ;)

da wood
04-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Well first of all. The series with OKC isn't even over yet. But just in case you didnt realize basketball is about match ups. and trust me when i tell utah does not want to see the Lakers.

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
04-29-2010, 11:48 AM
If nene has a torn acl, there in big trouble

Gibby23
04-29-2010, 11:52 AM
whatever dude. So you think if they get upset in first round its nothing to the lakers? Lol ok ;)

They won't and there is no chance the jazz will beat them, just put on tape from the last 2 years. Don't act like the Jazz are just playing for fun, it's the playoffs, teams are all playing for the same thing. It doesn't matter if the Jazz have 0 championships, it shouldn't stop them for playing for 1.;)

fairandbalanced
04-29-2010, 12:06 PM
I don't see neither team beating the Lakers.

king4day
04-29-2010, 12:13 PM
If Nene is really done, then Utah.
Sad to say, I think the second round would be a 6 game win for the Lakers if they get there.

dukejazz
04-29-2010, 12:23 PM
They won't and there is no chance the jazz will beat them, just put on tape from the last 2 years. Don't act like the Jazz are just playing for fun, it's the playoffs, teams are all playing for the same thing. It doesn't matter if the Jazz have 0 championships, it shouldn't stop them for playing for 1.;)

So what are you going to say if lakers get past okc and lose to the jazz?;)

Gibby23
04-29-2010, 12:51 PM
So what are you going to say if lakers get past okc and lose to the jazz?;)

Watch the tape from the last 2 years and you will have your answer.

iggypop123
04-29-2010, 01:34 PM
utah was not a huge threat healthy, i would have said denver, but now with nene looking bad and that team giving up its utah by default. i dont see them challenging the lakers. lakers in 6 even the jazz get their HCA calls

Raph12
04-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Nuggets... I'd love to see Melo vs Artest.

NBAfan4life
04-29-2010, 02:25 PM
I voted Utah Nene might be done for the season.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-29-2010, 02:42 PM

I know one player that fish can guard pretty well.......and it's Deron Williams.....he always guards him well....maybe it is because he played with him couple of years:shrug:

jimbobjarree
04-29-2010, 02:49 PM

last year was a shambles with Okur injured and Jarron Collins stepping in for him, we had no chance, especialy when heading in on awful form.

the year before though you have to admit was close. We were a Deron buzzer beating 3 away from a game 7 had it gone in :sigh:

da wood
04-29-2010, 03:00 PM
almost only count in horse shoes and hand grenades

JordansBulls
04-29-2010, 04:29 PM

Got to win game 6 first.

IversonIsKrazy
04-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Denver has a WWAAAYYYY better chance than Utah. Lakers have beaten Utah both last year and year before in the playoffs, 4-2 then 4-1 last year. Denver scared LA last year, and with George Karl back and JR showing to atleast 4/5 games in the series, they can pull it out or keep it very very close and entertaining. I really hope I don't see another Laker-Jazz semi's, Lakers will dominate the Jazz, Deron will rip it up, but Lakers will still tear up the Jazz.

bdawks20
04-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Nuggets.

kblo247
04-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Denver with Karl is the bigger threat. Denver without Karl is cannon fodder.

Utah is still the easier matchup though because Fisher has proven time and time again that he can contain Williams without help unlike other point guards and because Odom always tends to make every member of that frontline who tries to check him his *****. Then you get down to the X's and O's which Phil wins and the fact Kobe hates Utah.

So Denver.

xBLAMEITON24x
04-29-2010, 11:16 PM
Thunder get no respect:D

Denver is the better match up
Lakers can dominite utah bigs inside and Lamar always gives boozer trouble

Jahari Kavi
04-29-2010, 11:21 PM
denver...easily

Kevj77
04-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Won't they play the Spurs now that they have eliminated the Mavs or will they play the 4-5 matchup no matter what?

tjlipford
04-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Look, Denver is not going to beat LA with or without Karl. I wish people stop saying Denver is gonna do this or they are gonna do that. That team is not going to win ****. They are getting there ***** whooped by the Jazz and still everybody is saying they have a better chance against LA. :shrug:

I just dont get it when people talk about Denver. They have basically kept the same team since letting AI go and they have done really nothing more. Every year people say they can beat the Lakers umm.. NO,NO,NO. Lets just start calling it like it is. These teams are not 4real.

The Jazz are better than Denver and they will play LA next round and lose as well. I am loving the way D-Will is playing by the way.

avrpatsfan
04-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Denver. They always did well against the Lakers and have a better chance. Jazz would also give them a hard time too.

tp13baby
04-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Look, Denver is not going to beat LA with or without Karl. I wish people stop saying Denver is gonna do this or they are gonna do that. That team is not going to win ****. They are getting there ***** whooped by the Jazz and still everybody is saying they have a better chance against LA. :shrug:

I just dont get it when people talk about Denver. They have basically kept the same team since letting AI go and they have done really nothing more. Every year people say they can beat the Lakers umm.. NO,NO,NO. Lets just start calling it like it is. These teams are not 4real.

The Jazz are better than Denver and they will play LA next round and lose as well. I am loving the way D-Will is playing by the way.

welll denver went 3-1 against LA with KArl this season. They are not playing good. But thats alot of trash coming from a team that hasn't won it all since apparently they have the best player,

lakerboy
04-29-2010, 11:57 PM
I choose Denver. They have the toughness to match LA, and they play us with a passion.

Utah is a bad matchup for LA. Boozer is shorter, and can't stop Bynum or Gasol. Also, Deron Williams is an AllStar player, and he will always get some numbers. But I don't he is that bad of a match up for Fish. See, Fish does not get burned like the way he was with Westbrook. They were teammates in the past, IMO he plays Deron decently. Kinda like Kobe, when he is played by a good defender. Kobe will always get his, but you'll see that the defender makes him work. IMO, Fish makes DWill work. Of course, ultimately, DWill will is going to get his.

Also, it is to be Utah's concern that Okur and Kirilenko are injured, because those are the two who play VERY well against the Lakers. Kirilenko is the man they put on Kobe, while Okur is ALWAYS a problem for Bynum and Gasol, because he roams around the 3pt line. I think Jazz and Lakers fans will agree to this. Hell, Bynum and Gasol would agree to it too.

soonabooma
04-30-2010, 01:00 AM
I'm gonna laugh when LA gets done with us and then goes and destroys the team they play in the next round.

tjlipford
04-30-2010, 01:35 AM
Utah

tjlipford
04-30-2010, 01:35 AM
welll denver went 3-1 against LA with KArl this season. They are not playing good. But thats alot of trash coming from a team that hasn't won it all since apparently they have the best player,
When are yall gonna learn? The playoffs and the season are two different seasons. In the playoffs Denver will never beat LA. Hell, they are getting smashed by Utah and they are missing Kirilenko and Okur and was heavily the underdog in the series.

It wouldnt matter if Karl was there or not. Im not making any excuses for them and Im tired of people making excuses for them. In all honesty Denver is not out of the series but I dont see them winning in Utah but thats me.

I could have swore that every year 1 "TEAM" wins the championship. LB has the individual stuff like the MVP and the individual awards. It takes more than one player to win and this year he is surrounded by the best possible team that they could put around him. Just wait and see, but I can assure u that Denver wont win anything no matter if they win the Utah series or not.

DenButsu
04-30-2010, 01:44 AM
I'm gonna laugh when LA gets done with us and then goes and destroys the team they play in the next round.

So you're already assuming the Thunder will get beat? Where's your team spirit, man? You guys are still in this!

soonabooma
04-30-2010, 02:16 AM
So you're already assuming the Thunder will get beat? Where's your team spirit, man? You guys are still in this!

Sure we are, but I can be realistic too. I think we can win the next one and force a game 7, but it's gonna tough. First of all, there's no guarantee that we'll win tomorrow night. The Lakers would love to close us out on our home floor. We'll need to be sharp once again, and the crowd will need to do it's part (that's a joke, becuz our fans don't need to be told to kill em). But let's say we do win game 6 and then have to play the final game in LA....that's gonna be a tall task to win that game. But hey, it's not impossible. We just gotta look at it as one game at a time. I'd love to pull off the upset, but even if we don't....I'm still gonna be very proud of our team and we know we're gonna be really good in the future.

jackdawson
04-30-2010, 02:52 AM
Which team has the better chance to beat LA in a series? Denver or Utah

I think both teams lack something, but one of them has a better shot than the other.

Wait, is the OKC-Lakers series over yet???? Oh well :rolleyes:

iggypop123
04-30-2010, 02:57 AM
regular season? i dont think the nuggets or lakers were ever healthy in their matchups. and i think one game billups had the game of his life of his career. heck that whole nuggets team went nuts.

Rocktober2009
04-30-2010, 03:00 AM
I think Denver has a better chance..... but it'd be a dog fight. Utah's bigs always have issues with the size of the Lakers.

dukejazz
04-30-2010, 11:07 AM
When are yall gonna learn? The playoffs and the season are two different seasons. In the playoffs Denver will never beat LA. Hell, they are getting smashed by Utah and they are missing Kirilenko and Okur and was heavily the underdog in the series.

It wouldnt matter if Karl was there or not. Im not making any excuses for them and Im tired of people making excuses for them. In all honesty Denver is not out of the series but I dont see them winning in Utah but thats me.

I could have swore that every year 1 "TEAM" wins the championship. LB has the individual stuff like the MVP and the individual awards. It takes more than one player to win and this year he is surrounded by the best possible team that they could put around him. Just wait and see, but I can assure u that Denver wont win anything no matter if they win the Utah series or not.

totally agree playoffs are different. :clap: look at the atlanta bicks series. Didnt atlanta waist them in regular season?

RaiderLakersA's
04-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Utah is playing team basketball. Denver is out of sync and hasn't found their rhythm. It may be too late for them. On the basis of that, Utah has a better chance of competing with LA.

But neither has a chance of actually beating LA. Not if Kobe is 80% healthy and the rest of the Lakers handle their business.

dukejazz
04-30-2010, 11:14 AM
I think itys funny when people say theresw no chance at winning a series against any team. Especially when golden state beat dallas who was supposed to be unbeatble.

Brooklyn Mets
04-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Denver

Avenged
04-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Well Utah and Denver have a chance at beating L.A, especially Denver if they're healthy, which it doesn't look likely even if they advance to the second round.

I think what everyone is getting at and I have to agree with is that Denver would be a tougher challenge than Utah. The Lakers have had Utah's number and match-up well with them.

Gibby23
04-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Any word on Nene?

dukejazz
04-30-2010, 11:29 AM
nene out for game 6 sprained knea

Gibby23
04-30-2010, 11:33 AM
nene out for game 6 sprained knea

So its not the ACL?

dukejazz
04-30-2010, 11:43 AM
So its not the ACL?

No because he might play game 7 if there is one.

RaiderLakersA's
04-30-2010, 12:06 PM
I think itys funny when people say theresw no chance at winning a series against any team. Especially when golden state beat dallas who was supposed to be unbeatble.

That year, no one said anything about Dallas being unbeatable. In fact, most of the learned experts felt that Nelly was Dallas' Kryptonite all along. He had their number, as do the Spurs, it would seem.

dukejazz
04-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Wow when utah beats la i bet no one will have room to talk.

RaiderLakersA's
04-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Wow when utah beats la i bet no one will have room to talk.

Not true. I will be amongst the first to congratulate Utah...or whomever... if the Lakers should fall. Like I said in another post, the Lakers don't have to win the title every year in order for me to enjoy the game of basketball.

steelers91
04-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Definitely the nuggets they bring it night in night out.

mrblisterdundee
04-30-2010, 01:00 PM
Utah, in my opinion, would have the best chance. It has the best point guard in the playoffs this year going against the oldest point guard in the playoffs this year. Deron Williams would have his way on every play.

RaiderLakersA's
04-30-2010, 01:09 PM
It has the best point guard in the playoffs this year going against the oldest point guard in the playoffs this year.

That was true the last couple of years with respect to the Lakers and Derek Fisher. In fact, think back to any of our playoff runs and you'll probably find that Fisher was usually considered less talented/skilled/whatever than the opposing team's PG.

Fortunately, the Lakers aren't a team that depends on out of this world PG play. As Deron goes, so goes the Jazz. But as Fisher goes? Not so the Lakers.

Bullsfan22
04-30-2010, 01:13 PM
denver has the lakers number or atleast not intimidate, I can't say the same for the Jazz.

leftymo
04-30-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm shocked at the amount of fans saying Utah. I guess i can infer a couple things 1) you don't follow the NBA or the Western Conference or 2) you don't know basketball.

I think Jazz fans would be the first to dred a matchup with the Lakers.

LA went 3-1 against Utah this regular season, they went 1-3 against Denver this regular season. Sure reg season means nothing.

LA won a game in Utah without Kobe this season.

LA has eliminated Utah in each of the last two playoff rounds.

LA has two centers that Utah simply can't match and now with Okur out, they'll have free reign down low. Utah also struggles to stop Odom who suddenly becomes all world against them.

Denver is the team that poses the greatest threat to LA in the west. They were the #1 threat at the beginning of the year, and are still that threat. They have the firepower and toughness to beat LA. Utah's chances were slim, and just got worse without Okur.

Deron can do whatever he wants. No PG has done a darn thing in the playoffs when it matters, not since Magic Johnson/Isiah Thomas days at least.

dukejazz
04-30-2010, 04:29 PM
That was true the last couple of years with respect to the Lakers and Derek Fisher. In fact, think back to any of our playoff runs and you'll probably find that Fisher was usually considered less talented/skilled/whatever than the opposing team's PG.

Fortunately, the Lakers aren't a team that depends on out of this world PG play. As Deron goes, so goes the Jazz. But as Fisher goes? Not so the Lakers.

witht hem its how kobe goes.

dukejazz
04-30-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm shocked at the amount of fans saying Utah. I guess i can infer a couple things 1) you don't follow the NBA or the Western Conference or 2) you don't know basketball.

I think Jazz fans would be the first to dred a matchup with the Lakers.

LA went 3-1 against Utah this regular season, they went 1-3 against Denver this regular season. Sure reg season means nothing.

LA won a game in Utah without Kobe this season.

LA has eliminated Utah in each of the last two playoff rounds.

LA has two centers that Utah simply can't match and now with Okur out, they'll have free reign down low. Utah also struggles to stop Odom who suddenly becomes all world against them.

Denver is the team that poses the greatest threat to LA in the west. They were the #1 threat at the beginning of the year, and are still that threat. They have the firepower and toughness to beat LA. Utah's chances were slim, and just got worse without Okur.

Deron can do whatever he wants. No PG has done a darn thing in the playoffs when it matters, not since Magic Johnson/Isiah Thomas days at least.

The jazz don't dread who they play. They could care less how good the team is. They will be ready to play. Denevr went 3-1 against us in regular season so you think they were dreading the nuggets? No

Denver beat us without billups and melo.Yet we still lead the series.

Who cares about the past. What matters is the present.

They wont have free reign down low everyone thought nene would ahve free reign or that not having ak on melo would hurt utah but it hasnt. Hope the lakers are going to liek playing another team like okc with all utahs young guys in there. They didnt get worse without okur because fez is 300 pounds and 7 ft 1 you cant bully him down low with bynum.

Also have you ever heard of john stockton. Not really taht far back.

iggypop123
04-30-2010, 06:18 PM
homer vs homer nobody will ever let each other win the argument

dukejazz
04-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Yep i like the jazz so i guess im a homer.Everyone is a homer.

leftymo
04-30-2010, 06:57 PM
dukejazz: Its true that some factors like Denver over utah in the regular season hasn't played out in this series. But everything changes if you lose tonight at home.

As for Stockton, how many titles did he win? Its not just stockton my friend, let's start adding the success of Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, Kevin Johnson, blah blah blah, the list goes on and on... PG's are vastly over-rated in ball. It's a bigman's sport. I'd much rather discuss the success of Shaq, Duncan, Garnett, Olajuwon, etc...

Lastly, Boozer struggles against Pau. Nene isn't a 7 footer. Pau & Bynum are. Do Jazz fans think they are a stronger team without AK & Okur against the Lakers? I think its your heart speaking and not your brain. The Jazz won't be favored. Sure you'll get a game or two in Utah, but its a broken record. See 2008 & 2009.

I'd give Utah a chance if they had two guys equal in size to Bynum & Pau. They had a healthy AK to guard Kobe, and had home court advantage. Then I'd definitely vote Utah. But Utah has never shown the ability to even remotely threaten LA in three years, especially since they are smaller.

Avenged
04-30-2010, 07:45 PM
We'll see Utah fans, we'll see.

Hopefully both our respective teams advance tonight so we can put on a show.

dukejazz
04-30-2010, 07:56 PM
dukejazz: Its true that some factors like Denver over utah in the regular season hasn't played out in this series. But everything changes if you lose tonight at home.

As for Stockton, how many titles did he win? Its not just stockton my friend, let's start adding the success of Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, Kevin Johnson, blah blah blah, the list goes on and on... PG's are vastly over-rated in ball. It's a bigman's sport. I'd much rather discuss the success of Shaq, Duncan, Garnett, Olajuwon, etc...

Lastly, Boozer struggles against Pau. Nene isn't a 7 footer. Pau & Bynum are. Do Jazz fans think they are a stronger team without AK & Okur against the Lakers? I think its your heart speaking and not your brain. The Jazz won't be favored. Sure you'll get a game or two in Utah, but its a broken record. See 2008 & 2009.

I'd give Utah a chance if they had two guys equal in size to Bynum & Pau. They had a healthy AK to guard Kobe, and had home court advantage. Then I'd definitely vote Utah. But Utah has never shown the ability to even remotely threaten LA in three years, especially since they are smaller.

1.Just liek if LA loses tonight.

2. I never said he had any titles but made it to finals alot. Its a point guards sport. They are the most important position in basketball. Actually its a whole team sport. If you don't have a good supporting cast then hard to win.

3.Who cares if boozer struggles to guard him he still can make jumpshots.Pau is going to have to be out of the paint alot guarding booz which will let miles and wes score alot inside. Also ak will be back next round anyway. Also who cares about 2008 2009. I care about the present.

4.Lets see if la can even win tonight or game 7 first. Utah will win all at home against la and then will just have to steal one in la and tehy got it. We can win on the road. La hasnt proven it in the playoffs yet.

leftymo
04-30-2010, 08:07 PM
If LA loses tonight, they go home to play game 7.

If Utah loses tonight, they might as well stay home because Denver will win game 7.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Watching the Lakers play Denver and Utah over the past three years, in combination with their current rosters and matchups, Denver poses the biggest threat to my team. I have respect for the Nuggets despite their lack of mental fortitude and intelligence. They have the raw talent to beat LA.

Utah lacks the talent, and size. Their best player isn't in his prime yet and their two low block players are too small to challenge LA.

The three EASIEST playoff teams for the Lakers in the west are...

1. Phoenix Suns
2. Utah Jazz
3. SA Spurs

I'm glad we didn't have to face Portland and hopefully don't have to face Denver... OKC & Dallas are neutral even though both teams are mentally weak.

JasonJohnHorn
04-30-2010, 08:25 PM
With Okur and AK47 out, the Jazz are missing some perimiter defence and post scoring and rebounding. That said, the Jazz have played great, D-Will has been AMAZING and Carlos Boozer has been solid, but they just dont have the depth in the front court to compete with Bynum/Odom/Gasol/Artest. I just cant see it.

If Nene is healthy, the Nuggets have Nene, Martin and Andersen in the front court to bang around with LAs bigs, and they win the point guard position and SF position. LA's front court is better, but I think with JR Smith and Andersen come off the bench, I have to think there have a chance, especially since last year they really pushed LA in the post season where as the Jazz, were thoroughly beat by the Lakers with AK47, Harpering and Okur (though Okur was playing limited minutes).

Judging from last year's performances, I'd go with Denver, but the coach on the bench can make a difference and Denver seems to be out of sorts without Karl, where as Sloan knows how to get the most out of the least.

dukejazz
04-30-2010, 09:29 PM
If LA loses tonight, they go home to play game 7.

If Utah loses tonight, they might as well stay home because Denver will win game 7.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Watching the Lakers play Denver and Utah over the past three years, in combination with their current rosters and matchups, Denver poses the biggest threat to my team. I have respect for the Nuggets despite their lack of mental fortitude and intelligence. They have the raw talent to beat LA.

Utah lacks the talent, and size. Their best player isn't in his prime yet and their two low block players are too small to challenge LA.

The three EASIEST playoff teams for the Lakers in the west are...

1. Phoenix Suns
2. Utah Jazz
3. SA Spurs

I'm glad we didn't have to face Portland and hopefully don't have to face Denver... OKC & Dallas are neutral even though both teams are mentally weak.

Thats cool that you can see the future. Tell me am whos going to win in 2017?

DenButsu
04-30-2010, 09:30 PM
Thats cool that you can see the future. Tell me am whos going to win in 2017?

Nuggets.