PDA

View Full Version : Is Joe Johnson as good as gone if the Hawks lose?

Boston Faithful
04-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Is the summer of 2010 heating up?

I think if the Hawks lose, Johnson is gone. I always thought he'd definitely re-sign if they made it to round 2, relatively easily. But they're about to lose to a team that doesn't have their best player (Andrew Bogut) and were humongous underdogs. I honestly thought the Hawks would sweep.

I hope they lose. It'll make the summer of 2010 even more interesting. He could be added to the list of Chris Bosh of players who will most likely leave their teams.

Dwayne Wade though, will stay no matter what because of the Heat's massive cap room.

New York would be really lucky if this happens. Instead of going for LeBron and him messing with them for weeks - they could set out a plan to get Joe Johnson and Chris Bosh off the bat.

abe_froman
04-28-2010, 11:10 PM
yes

ugafan
04-28-2010, 11:11 PM
If so, I hope we lose.

NYtilIdie
04-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Well its hard to say. People say Johnson is all about the money more then winning. I think if the Hawks stand on the offer they offered him in the off-season and a team like NY or CHI offer him a max I think he'll leave regardless how his team does.

iggypop123
04-28-2010, 11:13 PM
he was gone to begin with.

Lakers4ItAll
04-28-2010, 11:15 PM
He's gone reguardless

jackdawson
04-28-2010, 11:26 PM
ATL should resign him.

kikeyanez
04-28-2010, 11:38 PM
he's goin new york

The ChILL
04-28-2010, 11:38 PM
I have always thought that JJ and Boozer will end up in NY.

JordansBulls
04-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Is the summer of 2010 heating up?

I think if the Hawks lose, Johnson is gone. I always thought he'd definitely re-sign if they made it to round 2, relatively easily. But they're about to lose to a team that doesn't have their best player (Andrew Bogut) and were humongous underdogs. I honestly thought the Hawks would sweep.

I hope they lose. It'll make the summer of 2010 even more interesting. He could be added to the list of Chris Bosh of players who will most likely leave their teams.

Dwayne Wade though, will stay no matter what because of the Heat's massive cap room.

New York would be really lucky if this happens. Instead of going for LeBron and him messing with them for weeks - they could set out a plan to get Joe Johnson and Chris Bosh off the bat.

Yep and many thought the Bucks had no shot with no Bogut. I predicted an upset here and that is why I wanted to play the Hawks the most as a Bulls fan.

heathonater
04-28-2010, 11:54 PM
probably doesnt help atlanta's case at all that the hawks could get knocked out in the first round. my opinion is that he and bosh will go to new york this summer. could be wrong, but just a gut feeling i have.

THE MTL
04-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Joe Johnson's MAX contract is going to be worth more than Lebron/Wade/Bosh MAX cause he has been in the league longer and if the Hawks give Johnson the absolute MAX than no one can match it.

Hopefully, the Hawks lose though. Cause you put him on a team with Chris Bosh in NYC along with Wilson Chandler & Danilo Gallinari and eventually another centerpiece by trading Curry expiring contract. We'll be TALKING :D

Sadds The Gr8
04-28-2010, 11:56 PM
obviously

DQL
04-29-2010, 12:31 AM
Joe Johnson's MAX contract is going to be worth more than Lebron/Wade/Bosh MAX cause he has been in the league longer and if the Hawks give Johnson the absolute MAX than no one can match it.

Hopefully, the Hawks lose though. Cause you put him on a team with Chris Bosh in NYC along with Wilson Chandler & Danilo Gallinari and eventually another centerpiece by trading Curry expiring contract. We'll be TALKING :D

it doesn't always work so

They use a different cap calculation to determine the maximum salaries, which is based on 48.04% of projected BRI. For example, even though the actual salary cap for 2005-06 is $49.5 million the 0-6 year maximum salary is $12 million, not $12.375 million.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q11

but one thing is for sure,

A free agent's maximum salary in the first year of a new contract is never less than 105% of his salary in the last year of his previous contract