PDA

View Full Version : Unbiased opinions about how well the Bulls would do if they landed a Superstar

ProdigyI
04-28-2010, 08:21 PM
I know most of us Chicago fans think we're winning a championship more or less if we add a superstar FA in the summer. We got great cap and one of the biggest markets so it's a legit realm in the possiblity question.

But i'm curious, I want to know from you guys, (Un-biased opinions) on if Chicago lands a Superstar, how far do you think they'll go?

Just want to see what the un-biased NBA fans think.

Hawkeye15
04-28-2010, 08:23 PM
They could use JJ bad. They need a MONSTER upgrade at SG. They could also use a threat down low, which could be landed in any way. I still think they should sign Joe Johnson, then make a move around Deng and picks for Al Jefferson.

JordansBulls
04-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Only way we are contenders is if we get Wade and Lee or Wade and Scola or a package of Amare/JJ, Bosh/JJ or Boozer/JJ

effen5
04-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Only way we are contenders is if we get Wade and Lee or Wade and Scola or a package of Amare/JJ, Bosh/JJ or Boozer/JJ

calm down jb

KH12
04-28-2010, 08:36 PM
I know most of us Chicago fans think we're winning a championship more or less if we add a superstar FA in the summer. We got great cap and one of the biggest markets so it's a legit realm in the possiblity question.

But i'm curious, I want to know from you guys, (Un-biased opinions) on if Chicago lands a Superstar, how far do you think they'll go?

We do?

mikantsass
04-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Chicago has a lot of work to do to compete with the Cavs, Lakers, Magic, Celtics, Jazz, Nuggets, Mavs, Suns, Hawks and Spurs.

IMO they need to add 2 max guys to play with Rose and Noah. They need a shooter/wing and they need a big with a post game

RaptorsFanatic
04-28-2010, 08:47 PM
lol.

TheKing23
04-28-2010, 08:50 PM

I don't see any of those things happening, so good luck not competing in your eyes next year.

Red222
04-28-2010, 08:53 PM

we get closer yes not yet tho we still need shooters and better depth to contend long term

Toenail Clipper
04-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Then everyone will bandwagon

TheKing23
04-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Adding a legit low post threat (Amar'e, Bosh, Boozer) will put them over the Celts and Hawks in the East.

I think that should be their main focus, because although Taj Gibson is solid, he suits coming off the bench with his energy. Any other free agents they can woo will be a bonus. If they were to somehow get a combo of JJ and one of those bigs (or Al Jeff, like Hawkeye said), on paper they'd be closing in on the Cavs and Magic at the top of the east. They'd just have to fit it all together and NO WAY is Del Negro the guy to do that.

RipVW
04-28-2010, 08:55 PM
What if that superstar is Lebron?

Aussy4GM
04-28-2010, 09:04 PM
ALL the bulls need is Dwayne Wade to compete for a title. you saw what they just did with the cavs the almost wont 3 games for crying out loud. add wade and they win the series. if LBJ leaves the cavs they are absolutley DONE. their team sucks otherwise.garbage garnett and pusyy pierce are yet another year older next year as well as ray allen. the reason that the bulls have no post game is simply too many low percentage shots. add wade then you have to double up on him in situations and there is noah open in the post. wade will also make deng a better player. it all comes down to rose and wade together with noah would end ****. and deng is a starter on most teams while Taj Gibson develops. he will be nice in a couple years.

jim51990
04-28-2010, 09:17 PM
they wont get lebron
i think with wade theyd be close to competing for a title but i dont think they get wade either
any other fa will not improve them enough

chisox721
04-28-2010, 09:20 PM
If Paxson and Forman get the job done right they get JJ plus a big, hopefully Boozer. Find a way to add a Mike Miller type player and they are most definitely in contention with the Magic and Cavs for an Eastern Conference title.

RipVW
04-28-2010, 09:21 PM
they wont get lebron
i think with wade theyd be close to competing for a title but i dont think they get wade either
any other fa will not improve them enough

Why is that?

kendawg73
04-28-2010, 09:32 PM
I think the best fit is Joe Johnson and Al Jefferson. Trade Deng for Gerald Wallace and maybe add somebody else or a pick to get him from the Bobcats. That would be NICE!!!! :hi5: :drool: :dance:

DLeeicious
04-28-2010, 09:33 PM
You say unbias non-bulls fans. Do you realize that on PSD there are either A) bias bulls fans B) bias bulls haters and C) logical bulls fans? If A and C can't give their opinion you are left with a bunch of bulls haters.

dukejazz
04-28-2010, 09:34 PM
well i say they have a chance if they get another good superstar. Rose is a good player.

RipVW
04-28-2010, 09:38 PM

I think the best fit is Joe Johnson and Al Jefferson. Trade Deng for Gerald Wallace and maybe add somebody else or a pick to get him from the Bobcats. That would be NICE!!!! :hi5: :drool: :dance:

In bold

Draco
04-28-2010, 09:42 PM

I'd sign on with that as well.. I liked that idea when the Jefferson trade rumors first came up but that one involved trading Deng for Jefferson.

iFYouSeekAmy
04-28-2010, 09:47 PM
They could use JJ bad. They need a MONSTER upgrade at SG.

Anthony Morrow?

..Monta Ellis (Lmfao)

Hawkeye15
04-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Anthony Morrow?

..Monta Ellis (Lmfao)

no, and, no. Morrow would be nice though for any contending team as a 18 mpg sniper

Ethix11
04-28-2010, 09:55 PM
A thread created to hear from non-Bulls fans how great they are...even if its before they do anything in FA..lol..
Bulls fans need to stop begging for other fans to drool over their team any chance they get, like immediately after Rose has a good game, or how they are a championship team when adding 1 superstar.

Noah is a popsicle stick that gets pushed around in the paint and Deng is like an old broken down car.. Gibson hasent made a name for himself, infact, i cant think of one power forward in the league with the exeption of Milwaukee, with a worse starting PF..
Theres nothing to praise here and i apologize for the few Bulls fans who constantly have to forgive themselves for their friends making such biased threads..at least some of you help to not have such a bad taste in our mouths. I dont think i can stomach anymore of these. So then i wont watch..

KnicksorBust
04-28-2010, 09:57 PM

It really depends on the Superstar. LeBron or Wade would put them on the cusp of a title. They'd just need one or two moves to get a scoring big and then they'd be an elite team and a potential multi-time champion. Anyone else I don't see it. A big man like Bosh/Amar'e to pair with Rose would put them into a new category but I don't buy either one of them as the final piece. I'm a biased Bulls hater though so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

lakerboy
04-28-2010, 10:10 PM
If they get LBJ or Wade, but what are the odds of that?

If they get Bosh, or Boozer, they'll be better. But they really need to add two superstars IMO, they have got to trade Deng.

Noah
Bosh
Deng
Hinrich
Rose

I still don't think they can beat the Cavs.

lakerboy
04-28-2010, 10:13 PM
If they get LBJ or Wade, but what are the odds of that?

If they get Bosh, or Boozer, they'll be better. But they really need to add two superstars IMO, they have got to trade Deng.

Noah
Bosh
Deng
Hinrich
Rose

I still don't think they can beat the Cavs.

itsripcity32
04-28-2010, 10:20 PM
bosh and wade in miami
lebron in cleveland
amare and joe johnson to the knicks

booooooooozer to the bulls. lol

really.. after losing in 5 games. who would want to go to the bulls?

effen5
04-28-2010, 10:33 PM
bosh and wade in miami
lebron in cleveland
amare and joe johnson to the knicks

booooooooozer to the bulls. lol

really.. after losing in 5 games. who would want to go to the bulls?

Poor Pistons fan still angry

Draco
04-28-2010, 10:35 PM
A thread created to hear from non-Bulls fans how great they are...even if its before they do anything in FA..lol..
Bulls fans need to stop begging for other fans to drool over their team any chance they get, like immediately after Rose has a good game, or how they are a championship team when adding 1 superstar.

Noah is a popsicle stick that gets pushed around in the paint and Deng is like an old broken down car.. Gibson hasent made a name for himself, infact, i cant think of one power forward in the league with the exeption of Milwaukee, with a worse starting PF..
Theres nothing to praise here and i apologize for the few Bulls fans who constantly have to forgive themselves for their friends making such biased threads..at least some of you help to not have such a bad taste in our mouths. I dont think i can stomach anymore of these. So then i wont watch..

The thread asks unbiased fans (so of course this doesn't include your opinion) how far they think the Bulls will go if they get a star in FA. It has nothing to do with asking for praise.

I can't think of many if any playoff teams that would prefer to have Beasley over their existing PF. He's a liability.

itsripcity32
04-28-2010, 10:36 PM

yes :(
i thought i wouldve been entertained by a dramatic 7 game series with 6 ots

Draco
04-28-2010, 10:36 PM

The same one (and how many are there on this board?) that trolls every Bulls related thread lol

DRE'-MAC
04-28-2010, 10:41 PM
I can definitely see Chicago as a contender if they sign one of the big FA. They have a top 5 PG in Derrick Rose. And a bunch of great role players in Heinrich, Noah, Johnson, Gibson, and Deng. They need to sign one big man and a shooting guard. Their list should go like this.

1. Lebron James
2. Dwayne Wade
3. Joe Johnson
4. Chris Bosh
5. Amare Stoudamire
6. Carlos Boozer
7. Rudy Gay
8. Ray Allen
9. David Lee
10. Ronnie Brewer/Anthony Morrow

itsripcity32
04-28-2010, 10:45 PM
I can definitely see Chicago as a contender if they sign one of the big FA. They have a top 5 PG in Derrick Rose. And a bunch of great role players in Heinrich, Noah, Johnson, Gibson, and Deng. They need to sign one big man and a shooting guard. Their list should go like this.

1. Lebron James
2. Dwayne Wade
3. Joe Johnson
4. Chris Bosh
5. Amare Stoudamire
6. Carlos Boozer
7. Rudy Gay
8. Ray Allen
9. David Lee
10. Ronnie Brewer/Anthony Morrow

dude the bulls are already paying like 10 mill for kirk hinrich. perfect sg

*-THE REAL GM-*
04-28-2010, 10:46 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13116142&postcount=162

Ray_R
04-28-2010, 10:52 PM
We do?

i guess do with it

Boston Faithful
04-28-2010, 11:17 PM
They won a game against arguably the best team in the playoffs this year.

If they get a Wade, Johnson, Amare or Bosh (they aren't getting LeBron), how good will they be?

I say with Wade, they'll be a 55-60 win team. With one of the other three, 50-55.

No matter what, I think they'll be very good. An improved Rose (who already made the All-Star team last year) and a superstar is a lethal combination. Not to mention all their great supporting pieces in Noah, Hinrich and Deng.

*Silver&Black*
04-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Look down 10 topics and you will find the same topic.

abe_froman
04-28-2010, 11:20 PM
depends on who that star is.but i have the floor at 45 no matter what

OC Knights #11
04-28-2010, 11:21 PM
The Bulls have had all these supporting pieces for almost 3 years now. I don't think the Bulls will land Wade. But if Wade is leaving Miami, i would think Chicago is the better choice rather than NY.

ink
04-28-2010, 11:23 PM

With DWade the Bulls would have a chance to reach the ECF.

Draco
04-28-2010, 11:25 PM
The Bulls have had all these supporting pieces for almost 3 years now. I don't think the Bulls will land Wade. But if Wade is leaving Miami, i would think Chicago is the better choice rather than NY.

Which ones? The team completed the second year of their second rebuild in the Paxson era.

Lakers4ItAll
04-28-2010, 11:27 PM
If the Bulls sign Bosh and Ray Allen that puts them right up there with the best teams

Lakers4ItAll
04-28-2010, 11:29 PM
How any of you think a back court of Rose and Wade will work is beyond me, they both need the ball. Same goes for Joe Johnson. They need a shooter and a big man

Lakers4ItAll
04-28-2010, 11:32 PM

Noah is a beast obviously you haven't been watching him. Put him with Bosh and they would have a great front court

*Silver&Black*
04-28-2010, 11:34 PM
How any of you think a back court of Rose and Wade will work is beyond me, they both need the ball. Same goes for Joe Johnson. They need a shooter and a big man

+1.

Also I don't get all of the love for Joe Johnson. I mean people don't talk about anything Hawks related at all (I should know, I am a Hawks fan), even though they are the 3rd best team in the East. All I see are Bulls and Knicks threads. Now when Joe Johnson becomes a free agent, look at all of this Joe Johnson love all out from nowhere. Make up your mind people. One day he can't help a Hawks team that has better players than the Bulls (besides Rose), then the next day Joe Johnson can put a Bulls team over the top?:rolleyes:

heathonater
04-28-2010, 11:36 PM
they would be better off trying to get a scoring big man, something they have lacked for a long time.

abe_froman
04-28-2010, 11:40 PM
+1.

Also I don't get all of the love for Joe Johnson. I mean people don't talk about anything Hawks related at all (I should know, I am a Hawks fan), even though they are the 3rd best team in the East. All I see are Bulls and Knicks threads. Now when Joe Johnson becomes a free agent, look at all of this Joe Johnson love all out from nowhere. Make up your mind people. One day he can't help a Hawks team that has better players than the Bulls (besides Rose), then the next day Joe Johnson can put a Bulls team over the top?:rolleyes:

let me preface this by saying i dont love jj all that much,i always thought he was overrated.but in regards to chicago and hawks,he is the main option in atl,in chicago he could just do his thing as no one would be looking to him take over(that job would still be rose's)

ink
04-28-2010, 11:55 PM
they would be better off trying to get a scoring big man, something they have lacked for a long time.

When did the Bulls have a scoring big man? The Bulls trademark has always been dynamic guard play hasn't it?

But I agree that getting a scoring big man would be the best complement to the guard (Rose) they already have. Better than DWade or JJ would be.

THE MTL
04-28-2010, 11:58 PM
If they get the right superstar. Ppl talk about them signing Wade or Lebron. It doesnt work...why are u gonna have ball dominant Rose along with ball dominant Bron or Wade.

Get someone like Amare, Boozer, or Johnson which upgrades you at crucial positions.

RipVW
04-29-2010, 12:18 AM
When did the Bulls have a scoring big man? The Bulls trademark has always been dynamic guard play hasn't it?

But I agree that getting a scoring big man would be the best complement to the guard (Rose) they already have. Better than DWade or JJ would be.

Elton Brand

If they get the right superstar. Ppl talk about them signing Wade or Lebron. It doesnt work...why are u gonna have ball dominant Rose along with ball dominant Bron or Wade.

Get someone like Amare, Boozer, or Johnson which upgrades you at crucial positions.

Lebron and Wade arent the same. Lebron can pass and facilitate as well as score.

X12Celtics3
04-29-2010, 12:23 AM
The Bulls don't need Wade, they need a catch-and-shoot type of perimeter player to get assists from Rose, as well as an offensive presence in the post.

ink
04-29-2010, 12:24 AM
Elton Brand

You mean the teams that finished 17-65 and 15-67? :eyebrow:

RipVW
04-29-2010, 12:26 AM
You mean the teams that finished 17-65 and 15-67? :eyebrow:

You asked about a scoring big man.

ink
04-29-2010, 12:30 AM
You asked about a scoring big man.

I was thinking of something a little higher than that.

topdog
04-29-2010, 12:31 AM
ALL the bulls need is Dwayne Wade to compete for a title. you saw what they just did with the cavs the almost wont 3 games for crying out loud. add wade and they win the series. if LBJ leaves the cavs they are absolutley DONE. their team sucks otherwise.garbage garnett and pusyy pierce are yet another year older next year as well as ray allen. the reason that the bulls have no post game is simply too many low percentage shots. add wade then you have to double up on him in situations and there is noah open in the post. wade will also make deng a better player. it all comes down to rose and wade together with noah would end ****. and deng is a starter on most teams while Taj Gibson develops. he will be nice in a couple years.

Dude, you really gotta just name call players from other teams? Oh, and although your video of Rose there looks impressive, you know that's goaltending right? (random, i know)

Lakers4ItAll
04-29-2010, 12:43 AM
I was thinking of something a little higher than that.

Brand was a 20/10 guy thats exactly what they need now. But no the Bulls thought it would be better to trade him for Chandler LOL idiots

itsripcity32
04-29-2010, 12:45 AM
The Bulls don't need Wade, they need a catch-and-shoot type of perimeter player to get assists from Rose, as well as an offensive presence in the post.

dude, they already got the 10 million dollar man kirk hinrich who shots like 40 percent from threes every year he was healthy

Lakers4ItAll
04-29-2010, 12:48 AM
dude, they already got the 10 million dollar man kirk hinrich who shots like 40 percent from threes every year he was healthy

This is a joke right? Hinrich is a PG not a SG and he isn;t even a starter. Bulls need a Ray Allen type player

sargon21
04-29-2010, 12:50 AM

exactly.

abe_froman
04-29-2010, 12:52 AM

if you can get lebron,exceptions can always be made

JordansBulls
04-29-2010, 12:54 AM

I'd take Wade over any of them simply because I already know he has gotten it done before in the finals and carried a team.

RipVW
04-29-2010, 12:55 AM
This is a joke right? Hinrich is a PG not a SG and he isn;t even a starter. Bulls need a Ray Allen type player

Yeah, it was a joke. Youre replying to a pisstons fan that was making fun of the fact that the Bulls overspent on Hinrich.

ink
04-29-2010, 12:56 AM
I'd take Wade over any of them simply because I already know he has gotten it done before in the finals and carried a team.

Hey DWade is my favourite FA this year so you don't need to convince me. But with Rose I think it would be more favourable to match him with a big.

bleedgreenwhite
04-29-2010, 12:56 AM
if they add boozer or Bosh and a top flight 3pt shooter (ray allen?) they could compete for the east

bleedgreenwhite
04-29-2010, 12:57 AM
Hey DWade is my favourite FA this year so you don't need to convince me. But with Rose I think it would be more favourable to match him with a big.

Rose and Wade both dominate the ball , I dont see it happening

Lakers4ItAll
04-29-2010, 01:00 AM

Wade is great and all but theres only 1 ball and Rose needs to be the one controlling it. Give Rose Bosh 1st Amare 2nd and Boozer 3rd

NYK_kidd77
04-29-2010, 01:02 AM
Wade is great and all but theres only 1 ball and Rose needs to be the one controlling it. Give Rose Bosh 1st Amare 2nd and Boozer 3rd

This.

JordansBulls
04-29-2010, 01:03 AM

I can agree with this as well. I just want JJ last of everyone.

Lakers4ItAll
04-29-2010, 01:04 AM

JR Smith would be a great fit

tredigs
04-29-2010, 01:12 AM
You say unbias non-bulls fans. Do you realize that on PSD there are either A) bias bulls fans B) bias bulls haters and C) logical bulls fans? If A and C can't give their opinion you are left with a bunch of bulls haters.

Lmao at the paranoia of you. I could care less about the Bulls one way or the other, personally.

I think the Bulls need a few things. #1 is a formidable low post scorer to compliment Noah. Boozer/Amare/Bosh/Lee all would be great. #2 is a high percentage shooting wing who can spread the floor and hit threes. Rudy Gay/Ray Allen or even an Anthony Morrow type would be big for them. I'd see how that team gelled then pick up another player mid-season at the trade deadline depending on need.

Draco
04-29-2010, 01:18 AM
I think the Bulls need a few things. #1 is a formidable low post scorer to compliment Noah. Boozer/Amare/Bosh/Lee all would be great. #2 is a high percentage shooting wing who can spread the floor and hit threes. Rudy Gay/Ray Allen or even an Anthony Morrow type would be big for them. I'd see how that team gelled then pick up another player mid-season at the trade deadline depending on need.

Agreed but I'll pass on Lee, and Ray Allen.. don't know much about Morrow.

ink
04-29-2010, 01:20 AM
Rose and Wade both dominate the ball , I dont see it happening

Did you read my post or are you agreeing? :confused: That's basically what I just said.

ink
04-29-2010, 01:22 AM

I agree. And JJ is not lifting the Hawks to any great heights. Plus you have the same duplication problems with Rose and another perimeter player. The Bulls need a big man to score beside Noah.

RipVW
04-29-2010, 01:36 AM
I agree. And JJ is not lifting the Hawks to any great heights. Plus you have the same duplication problems with Rose and another perimeter player. The Bulls need a big man to score beside Noah.

Not talking luxuries here, but what the Bulls can really use is someone like Ray Allen, Michael Redd, Kyle Korver,...someone who can knock down jumpers that open up when Rose penetrates and then kicks it out.

The Bulls could also use a PG who can handle the basketball and defend the perimeter. They could use someone to push the ball up court at times and let Rose play the 2. Im just talking in terms of reducing wear and tear and improving perimeter defense. People like to talk about Hinrich like he's good at defense but theres a difference between trying hard and being good. No one ultra expensive but someone decent.

They could also get a good perimeter defender as a SG/SF type player. Someone like Posey wouldnt be bad. But, again, nothing massively expensive.

Youre right, they need someone to clean up after Rose drives. He gets a lot of attention when he drives so there should be a lot of putback opportunities by bigs being unchecked or even dump offs by Derrick.

This is all assuming they dont get Lebron. If they get Lebron, how much they spend on other positions changes.

ldc62
04-29-2010, 03:37 AM

I thought you were a Rockets fan? We need Scola to stay!

Personally Bosh would make them a championship contender. Say what you want about Bosh, but anytime a guy can get 24-11, placed onto a team with a legit PG and C, you got a helluva team.

ldc62
04-29-2010, 03:42 AM
Imagine PSD when Knicks and Bulls get no one...

cubs0707
04-29-2010, 03:56 AM
hahaha every1 will be saying wait for melo to come out

*Silver&Black*
04-29-2010, 12:39 PM

:D

Knicks would either overpay for role players, or atleast they would finally have cap space.

mikantsass
04-29-2010, 12:44 PM

That day cant come soon enough

chisox721
04-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Everyone says Rose is "ball dominant" and thats why we shouldn't go after a SG. That is beyond stupid. Rose is the ultimate team player. I would have no problem with him distributing and getting occasional looks until around the 3 minute mark of the 1st quarter, then sit down JJ/Wade and let Rose get his looks until about 10:00 mark of the 2nd quarter. As far as 4th quarters go, anyone who really believes there would be a problem with a Rose and JJ/Wade backcourt late in 4th quarters is nuts.

Red222
04-29-2010, 03:35 PM

why the hate :p

D Roses Bulls
04-29-2010, 03:59 PM

maybe the knicks, but i dont see the bulls not getting no one. they have a young and talented team and im sure that will attract someone

OrderOfCook
04-29-2010, 04:00 PM
To be honest I think that the Del Negro / Paxson thing completely destroyed the possibility of Chicago landing a big-name free agent this summer. They'll be low second-tier or third tier choices at this point. No Superstar wants to go into a situation where management and coaching and players have had problems with one another for two straight seasons. It doesn't matter if they replace the GM and Coach or either one--it's an immediate caveat emptor and agents would be advising as much.

camador22
04-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Where do Bulls fans get that they have enough money for two max free agents??? They have enough for only one last time I checked. I think they will get the Miami and New York left overs to be honest. I think they will get either Boozer or J.J but not both and I'm sorry to disappoint Bulls fans with that comment. Boozer and J.J will likely both get the max contract even though they're not worth it.

camador22
04-29-2010, 04:02 PM

It's a very real possibilty although I think the Knicks will at least keep Lee.

RipVW
04-29-2010, 04:03 PM
JR Smith would be a great fit

I agree with this. He can knock down threes like crazy when he's on plus its fun to think about he and Rose running the fast break.

bigsams50
04-29-2010, 04:03 PM
I see Chicago gettin Boozer. I still wouldnt put them above the Cavs Magic though, maybe the Celtics.

Tony_Starks
04-29-2010, 04:08 PM
First and foremost if they don't bring back Vinny they're screwed. He's a huge part of them being competitive and gives them an identity.

That being said I don't even think they have to do anything major to be contenders. JJ would be great but they would also be really good with say Michael Redd on the wing and David Lee or Boozer down low. Basically they just need a spot up wing and low post big and I can see them in the Eastern conference finals for sure.

D Roses Bulls
04-29-2010, 04:09 PM
To be honest I think that the Del Negro / Paxson thing completely destroyed the possibility of Chicago landing a big-name free agent this summer. They'll be low second-tier or third tier choices at this point. No Superstar wants to go into a situation where management and coaching and players have had problems with one another for two straight seasons. It doesn't matter if they replace the GM and Coach or either one--it's an immediate caveat emptor and agents would be advising as much.

it might stall them from landing a big time coach which i dont think it will anyways, but that is the worst case scenario, but players don't care about that. they care about cash, the endorsements, and the city and chicago can deliver all three of those.

Where do Bulls fans get that they have enough money for two max free agents??? They have enough for only one last time I checked. I think they will get the Miami and New York left overs to be honest. I think they will get either Boozer or J.J but not both and I'm sorry to disappoint Bulls fans with that comment. Boozer and J.J will likely both get the max contract even though they're not worth it.

maybe miami might be the first choice for FA's and i wont deny that, but the KNICKS? they have enough for two FA's, but team can they really surround those two with? it's not like boston 3 years ago where they already had pierce and traded for two other star players. the bulls already have a playoff team with a pg who will become a super star one day and noah who will be an all star and could of already have been if not for injury and deng. they will get someone good. not a 3 tier FA. New york in my opinion will be the team thats left out in the cold. chicago and miami i believe are the top two destinations for teams this summer.

Draco
04-29-2010, 04:14 PM

You're misinformed.

Draco
04-29-2010, 04:20 PM
it might stall them from landing a big time coach which i dont think it will anyways, but that is the worst case scenario, but players don't care about that. they care about cash, the endorsements, and the city and chicago can deliver all three of those.

Whatever minor FO problems the Bulls have had (and they are minor) it hasn't affected how the Bulls play. How the Bulls play seems a more logical reason for a prospective FA to consider than whether Vinny pissed in Paxson's cheerios once upon a time.

Quote from Lebron James..

"When Chicago made the eighth seed, we was excited about that, because we knew we had to be in tune every possession, every game, because that team plays hard no matter the score and no matter the time, and no matter what the series is," he said.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball/story/2010/04/28/sp-lebron-raptors.html#ixzz0mQv7n2hJ

DLeeicious
04-29-2010, 04:33 PM

Sign and trade Hinrich or Deng and fillers for two max players.

ElMarroAfamado
04-29-2010, 04:41 PM
the east is so wack that a superstar could probably propel the Bulls to top 3 4 ...even
but in all likelyhood they would end up with a 5th seed or so....
that also depends what coach they get

SteveNash
04-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Second round.

Catfish1314
04-29-2010, 04:48 PM
To land a big name free agent, I think the Bulls have to sell stability. VDN is in limbo to be fired right now. That doesn't mean the FO won't be able to sell stability but other than on the court, we sure as hell don't have it right now.

The Bulls need to solidify the coaching situation ASAP so any potential free agents can be comfortable knowing what they're walking into.

If I'm the Bulls FO and VDN is fired, go after Avery Johnson or Tom Thibadeau. Then target Bosh or Amare once it's established Wade and LeBron are unrealistic. If you can't get one of them, hope Carlos Boozer or Joe Johnson is still out there. Then trade some combination of Hinrich/Deng/Gibson for a better perimeter complement to Rose.

Draco
04-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Did anyone think VDN was going to be the Bulls coach in the long term? If not, what does it matter if he plays out his contract or gets fired. The Bulls aren't the Nuggets who need a particular coach to be able to play well. They played hard for Skiles (who had a great relationship with Paxson,) they play hard for VDN, and they'll play hard with whoever coaches the Bulls next.

My two cents; Avery Johnson won't be coaching the Bulls anytime soon.

D1JM
04-29-2010, 05:14 PM
We should just clone MJ and thats it. I think Russia already does human cloning.

jdmd3
Everyone says Rose is "ball dominant" and thats why we shouldn't go after a SG. That is beyond stupid. Rose is the ultimate team player. I would have no problem with him distributing and getting occasional looks until around the 3 minute mark of the 1st quarter, then sit down JJ/Wade and let Rose get his looks until about 10:00 mark of the 2nd quarter. As far as 4th quarters go, anyone who really believes there would be a problem with a Rose and JJ/Wade backcourt late in 4th quarters is nuts.

There's really no problem Rose or Wade's ability to distribute or their character as team players, but more about how they complement one another. Wade and Rose are largely ball handlers who are most effective when they are slashing to the lane. So I think it'd be better if the Bulls go for Bosh. It adds a bigger body for the bulls, inside scoring, rebounding, and would be great for pick & rolls or pick & pops with Rose.

Not saying Wade and Rose in the same team won't be good, but I think its better if you try to surround Rose with shooters or post players that won't take much from Rose's ball handling duties.

OrderOfCook
You're misinformed.

Wow, thanks. Oh oh oh I know! YOU'RE misinformed.

Even for a bulls-homer-trolling-the-nba-forum that was pretty embarassing.

Draco
04-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Wow, thanks. Oh oh oh I know! YOU'RE misinformed.

Even for a bulls-homer-trolling-the-nba-forum that was pretty embarassing.

How about linking an article two that discusses examples of front office problems with their coach and their players for two years straight? You're misinformed. Deal with it.

Jonathan2323
04-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Chicago is 3rd in line this offseason its 1) Miami 2)NYC and 3) Chicago.

Joe Johnson or Boozer might go to Chicago.

Red222
04-29-2010, 05:29 PM
Chicago is 3rd in line this offseason its 1) Miami 2)NYC and 3) Chicago.

Joe Johnson or Boozer might go to Chicago.

i respectfully disagree

Rodney Stuckey
04-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Suck

Catfish1314
04-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Did anyone think VDN was going to be the Bulls coach in the long term? If not, what does it matter if he plays out his contract or gets fired. The Bulls aren't the Nuggets who need a particular coach to be able to play well. They played hard for Skiles (who had a great relationship with Paxson,) they play hard for VDN, and they'll play hard with whoever coaches the Bulls next.

My two cents; Avery Johnson won't be coaching the Bulls anytime soon.

I agree with all of that but the important thing is not that we know it but will Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Joe Johnson, Carlos Boozer, or whoever think enough to put that into consideration when they're all getting max offers from a number of other teams?

If I'm in one of their shoes, I would feel a lot more comfortable going to a team whose coach doesn't change every two or three years. Not counting Boylan, after VDN we'll be on three in as many years. Frequent coaching changes never lead to much success, much less a championship.

That's why I'm saying whatever the Bulls are going to do with their coaching situation, it needs to be done soon but not so soon that the FO makes a poor decision.

SunsFanIam
04-29-2010, 06:55 PM
I guess I am going to be the one that makes this comment. I don't think Wade and Rose would work very well. I think they both need the ball in there hand. I think JJ and Rose would be a better guard combo. I mean I am sure Wade and Rose could work together and be a fantastic dou, but JJ would benifit alot playing along side rose. I think you guys do need an upgrade at the 3 though. Deng is alright but you need more of a Paul pierce, wilson chandler, grant hill, Shawn Marion kind of guy. Someone that can help with the offensive load, but more importantly cover guys smaller and bigger. I think if you guys did get JJ and Boozer, you guys would be elite in the east. Not saying you would win a series against Cavs or Magic, but you would have a seriously better shot of beating them.

dev0
04-29-2010, 07:06 PM
the question is too open-ended, define which "superstar" and then maybe we can speculate, but landing JJ or Bosh isn't quite Wade and so on...

camador22
04-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Sign and trade Hinrich or Deng and fillers for two max players.

I can't see anyone biting on those bad contracts.

effen5
04-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Which ones? The team completed the second year of their second rebuild in the Paxson era.

Yea, only players we kept are Deng and Hinrich.

Thomas - Gone
Nocioni - Gone
Gordon - Gone

This team is COMPLETELY different from the team we had 3 years ago.

RS559
04-29-2010, 07:15 PM
If they can land wade they have the best backcourt in the nba i think they could be a top 4 team in the east

effen5
04-29-2010, 07:16 PM

Except in my opinion this is what will happen. Its very realistic of everyone staying but Chris Bosh and he could very well go to Miami.

People are overhyping this 2010 offseason. Wait til nothing happens.