PDA

View Full Version : Wow - ESPN Analysts are so Lebron-biased

Boston Faithful
04-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Under the Celtics-Cavs quota now, everyone made their predictions. Let's take a look at the most ridiculous ones:

Henry Abbott: Cavs in 4
John Hollinger: Cavs in 5
Chris Sheridan: Cavs in 5

Not to mention, NOBODY predicted the Celtics to win.

What I find so hard to believe is how would the Celtics not pull even one game out, if the lowly Chicago Bulls were able to? ESPECIALLY with the Celtics looking like the Celtics of old? Secondly, why wouldn't the Celtics to be able to win at least one MORE than the Bulls?

Thirdly, to have not one analyst predict the Celtics to win is ridiculous. Ridiculous.

ESPN has been pushing Lakers vs. Cavaliers all year. It's clear that website wants it.

Switch
04-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Under the Celtics-Cavs quota now, everyone made their predictions. Let's take a look at the most ridiculous ones:

What I find so hard to believe is how would the Celtics not pull even one game out, if the lowly Chicago Bulls were able to? ESPECIALLY with the Celtics looking like the Celtics of old? Secondly, why wouldn't the Celtics to be able to win at least one MORE than the Bulls?

Thirdly, to have not one analyst predict the Celtics to win is ridiculous. Ridiculous.

ESPN has been pushing Lakers vs. Cavaliers all year. It's clear that website wants it.
Who doesn't want that? As a Lakers fan, I'd love to see them go up against Cleavland in the finals.

RipVW
04-28-2010, 07:15 PM
If anything, they give Boston too much respect. ESPN is a regional network and the fact that theyre acknowledging the Cavs as favorites should tell you something besides that theyre biased.

ManRam
04-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Okay. And if the Cavs sweep, are they still biased?

ESPN IS IN BRISTOL CONNECTICUT. NEW ENGLAND.

The Cavs are obviously the better team. Why shouldn't they pick Cleveland to win, and win easily. I think they will too.

Corey
04-28-2010, 07:19 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about the arm thing last night.

So what if analysts picked against your home team? They're allowed to have an opinion.

ManRam
04-28-2010, 07:19 PM

No kidding. ESPN tries to appeal to the masses, and right now, the masses would be most content with that. Why WOULDN'T they be pushing that match up? If you don't want to hear about the two most popular teams, stick to NESN.

D Roses Bulls
04-28-2010, 07:25 PM

hey watch it buddy

D Roses Bulls
04-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Who doesn't want that? As a Lakers fan, I'd love to see them go up against Cleavland in the finals.

why? the lakers would crush the cavs. lakers-magic is a better match up and the magic could even win that series this time around.

avrpatsfan
04-28-2010, 07:28 PM
In other related news water is wet.

D Roses Bulls
04-28-2010, 07:31 PM

only when spilt

SeoulBeatz
04-28-2010, 07:32 PM

A Boston fan calling ESPN biased, never thought I'd see the day... ever...

just playin bro, but i think Boston fans should be the last people on Earth to complain about ESPN dickriding.

NetsPaint
04-28-2010, 07:34 PM

Not as my jumper.

TheKing23
04-28-2010, 07:37 PM
why? the lakers would crush the cavs. lakers-magic is a better match up and the magic could even win that series this time around.

Like they did in the regular season... Oh, wait a minute.

D Roses Bulls
04-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Like they did in the regular season... Oh, wait a minute.

regular season does't mean anything. the magic swept the lakers last regular season and lost in 5 to them in the finals.

TheKing23

Because they're not idiots?

I highlighted the only two words that made sense in your post.

jackdawson

The Cavs are obviously the better team. Why shouldn't they pick Cleveland to win, and win easily. I think they will too.

This.

Hail the King people.

Toenail Clipper
04-28-2010, 07:40 PM
How is that biased? They never said they were a Cleveland fan, besides they can believe what the hell they want to believe

TheKing23
04-28-2010, 07:40 PM
regular season does't mean anything. the magic swept the lakers last regular season and lost in 5 to them in the finals.

Well at least i'm basing my statement off evidence.

ldc62
04-28-2010, 07:41 PM
I will have to agree that ESPN is lebron-biased... but so is almost every network.

jackdawson
04-28-2010, 07:42 PM

:facepalm::facepalm:

You are just being mad. Lakers got swept by the cavs this year. Cavs-Bulls series is over, move on now.

philab
04-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Before the playoffs, just about every analyst in the country would have picked Cleveland over Boston in 4-5. Some would have had -- hell, DID HAVE -- the Heat taking out Boston last round.

Boston looked great against Miami. Still, one series against the lowly Heat probably isn't enough to change impressions formed over an 82-game season.

D Roses Bulls
04-28-2010, 07:45 PM
:facepalm::facepalm:

You are just being mad. Lakers got swept by the cavs this year. Cavs-Bulls series is over, move on now.

what does that have to do with anything? oh and its REGULAR SEASON!!!!!!! go up and read my other post:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
04-28-2010, 07:46 PM

what evidence Colombo?

Sadds The Gr8
04-28-2010, 07:52 PM
you didn't know that all ESPN cares about is Kobe and Lebron? where the hell have u been hiding the last 3 years?

jackdawson
04-28-2010, 07:54 PM
what does that have to do with anything? oh and its REGULAR SEASON!!!!!!! go up and read my other post:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

That matters because you guys got owned by the King in 5 games. And at least I have a base (Cavs 2-0 against lakers) on what I said. WTF do you have anyways to say lakers will destroy the cavs in the final besides your anger coming out of being owned by the king?

dodie53
04-28-2010, 07:59 PM
it's their opinion

hawkeyefootball
04-28-2010, 08:10 PM
This thread is biased.

Hawkeye15
04-28-2010, 08:11 PM
I have Cavs in 6. I dont think the Celtics will give them a lot of trouble. Rondo will hurt them, but the Cavs should have minimal problem with the Celtics front line, and if Allen or/and Pierce dont catch fire and sustain, I dont think the Celtics have the depth or defense to stop the Cavs at all.
Is ESPN biased? Always has been.

Hawkeye15
04-28-2010, 08:12 PM
I would love to give some credit to Boston, but Miami sucked big time. One player showed up. The Heat were horrendous, the worst playoff team I have seen in a while.

ARMIN12NBA
04-28-2010, 08:14 PM
I have Cavs in 6. I dont think the Celtics will give them a lot of trouble. Rondo will hurt them, but the Cavs should have minimal problem with the Celtics front line, and if Allen or/and Pierce dont catch fire and sustain, I dont think the Celtics have the depth or defense to stop the Cavs at all.
Is ESPN biased? Always has been.

If KG plays well, then I see them having at a frontcourt advantage. KG and Perkins can definitely handle Jamison, Varejao, and Shaq well. The key would be Pierce v. Lebron. If Pierce could hold his own, then the huge matchup advantage of Rondo's speed and PG skills v. Mo can carry the Celtics to a possible upset.

Young and Stupid
04-28-2010, 08:16 PM
See this is one of those instances where PSD puzzles me. I know that the 'then don't watch' trend got tired pretty quickly, but this is the perfect opportunity to drop one. I mean this is a hook, line and sinker type situation a lot of you guys have been waiting for, he couldn't have set it up any better. Personally, I wasn't completely against the whole 'then don't watch' epidemic, it was productive, comical and it brought out the best in some posters. So without further ado...

Then don't watch. Seriously.

Teeboy1487
04-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Then don't watch :shrug:?

JordansBulls
04-28-2010, 08:18 PM

You see the similarity

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/matchup/_/teams/magic-cavaliers

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/matchup/_/teams/celtics-cavaliers

D Roses Bulls
That matters because you guys got owned by the King in 5 games. And at least I have a base (Cavs 2-0 against lakers) on what I said. WTF do you have anyways to say lakers will destroy the cavs in the final besides your anger coming out of being owned by the king?

ummmm read my other posts, yes i am a huge bulls fans and if the bulls are 1A the magic are 1B and the lakers have a better team then the cavs. thats why they will destroy them and you have no base. its regular season. regualr season isnt base for the playoffs or havent you been watching the playoffs?

IversonIsKrazy
We already know how much they love LeBron, but this is one of the worst proofs. I have CAvs winning in 6. I obviously don't see a sweep, but in any range of Cavs in 5-7 is reasonable, and anyone who thinks Celtics will win this series... well... theres a reason there NOT on espn

ManRam
04-28-2010, 08:19 PM
If KG plays well, then I see them having at a frontcourt advantage. KG and Perkins can definitely handle Jamison, Varejao, and Shaq well. The key would be Pierce v. Lebron. If Pierce could hold his own, then the huge matchup advantage of Rondo's speed and PG skills v. Mo can carry the Celtics to a possible upset.

Too many ifs. And those ifs are big ifs too. Cleveland has no ifs. Their only if is whether or not Mo and Delonte hit their shots. That's a smaller if now than it was last year with Jamison, Shaq and a little bit deeper of a bench.

They aren't losing to Boston. Orlando is still by far their toughest opponent in the East, perhaps in the NBA.

TheKing23
04-28-2010, 08:20 PM
what evidence Colombo?

The freaking regular season... Dude, c'mon keep up.

You said the Lakers would crush the Cavs, I said otherwise, using the regular season as evidence. What is your evidence? None, purely speculation.

netsgiantsyanks
04-28-2010, 08:21 PM
tell me something that i dont know

D Roses Bulls
04-28-2010, 08:23 PM
The freaking regular season... Dude, c'mon keep up.

You said the Lakers would crush the Cavs, I said otherwise, using the regular season as evidence. What is your evidence? None, purely speculation.

all im saying is the regular season does not mean nothing. go back to last season with the magic and lakers series. magic swept in regular season and got beat in the finals. again, regular season doesnt mean jack ****

TheKing23
04-28-2010, 08:25 PM
You see the similarity

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/matchup/_/teams/magic-cavaliers

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/matchup/_/teams/celtics-cavaliers

You see the similarity?

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/matchup/_/teams/bulls-cavaliers

Just because everyone thought the Cavs would beat the Magic last year and didn't doesn't automatically mean every time ESPN predicts the Cavs winning they're gonna get upset.

ARMIN12NBA
04-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Too many ifs. And those ifs are big ifs too. Cleveland has no ifs. Their only if is whether or not Mo and Delonte hit their shots. That's a smaller if now than it was last year with Jamison, Shaq and a little bit deeper of a bench.

They aren't losing to Boston. Orlando is still by far their toughest opponent in the East, perhaps in the NBA.

Two "ifs," but plausible "ifs." The Celtics have a punchers chance.

TheKing23
04-28-2010, 08:28 PM
all im saying is the regular season does not mean nothing. go back to last season with the magic and lakers series. magic swept in regular season and got beat in the finals. again, regular season doesnt mean jack ****

It means a lot more than your "Lakers will crush Cavs" speculation.

Look, I know it was only last night we knocked you out and your still a bit sore and everything but your statement is pure speculation using one example from last season as evidence.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-28-2010, 08:28 PM

Lol.

What if they lose in 4 or 5? You still gonna be *****ing?

Get a life.

Celtics won't win anyways. I do disagree thinking that it will reach 6 games but how are YOU gonna complain if someone doesn't like your team. Deal with it.

And the Lakers and the Cavs were/are the 2 best teams in their conference. Obciously, most are having the Cavs vs Lakers. Even if it wasn't Cavs, Orlando is next up in line. Not really a chance for the Celtics to reach the finals anymore.

D Roses Bulls
04-28-2010, 08:30 PM
It means a lot more than your "Lakers will crush Cavs" speculation.

Look, I know it was only last night we knocked you out and your still a bit sore and everything but your statement is pure speculation using one example from last season as evidence.

im not bitter, i also have the magic in the playoffs. the cavs do not have the talent the lakers have. thats why they would get crushed. cleveland is over matched at every position besides small forward. worry about the magic first, i dont think you guys will beat them anyways.

jackdawson
04-28-2010, 08:34 PM
ummmm read my other posts, yes i am a huge bulls fans and if the bulls are 1A the magic are 1B and the lakers have a better team then the cavs. thats why they will destroy them and you have no base. its regular season. regualr season isnt base for the playoffs or havent you been watching the playoffs?

Lakers have a better team ---that's your base, and they lost twice with that better team---that's not? You made no sense, well you never make any. I understand it takes time after being taken cared by LeBron James. So I will let you enjoy your miseries.

TheKing23
04-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Lakers have a better team ---that's your base, and they lost twice with that better team---that's not? You made no sense, well you never make any. I understand it takes time after being taken care by LeBron James. So I will let you enjoy your miseries.

:clap:

mikantsass
04-28-2010, 08:38 PM
No big deal, The C's didnt get any respect in 2008 either. I like it better when we are the underdogs. I like watching Magic Johnson, Wilbon, Byron Scott and co eat their words and look like idiots.

KBfrom8to24
04-28-2010, 08:39 PM

Well, they are under estimating the heart of a champion... Let's see who will have the last laugh. Experience is better than talent.

hoopsguy820
04-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Take it from a Bulls fan...you will be going through hell with the refs! Shaq was unguardable because he would put an elbow in Noah/Miller/Gibson's jaw and it would be a foul on them. But then when they literally chest him in the post it's a foul. Not to mention LeBron calls his own fouls by looking at the ref. Get ready to be frustrated. I hope I don't get fined for this lol!

AI4MVP
04-28-2010, 08:46 PM
its hard to go against kevin garnett. noone has the competitve fire and heart and desire that KG has. that being said, i dont know exactly how this series will go. itll be closer and more fun to watch then alot of u think

D Roses Bulls
04-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Lakers have a better team ---that's your base, and they lost twice with that better team---that's not? You made no sense, well you never make any. I understand it takes time after being taken cared by LeBron James. So I will let you enjoy your miseries.

wow you seriously are trying to insult me? the man who uses the name of a Leonardo DiCaprio character.

TheKing23
04-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Well, they are under estimating the heart of a champion... Let's see who will have the last laugh. Experience is better than talent.

So LeBron, Shaq & Jamison have no experience.

:eyebrow:

kArSoN RyDaH
04-28-2010, 09:08 PM
i dont think theyll go outin 5 or 4. maybe push it to six or seven games. the bulls had the cavs in some situations im sure boston can handle em. but it aint gnna be easy.

JordansBulls
04-28-2010, 09:10 PM
You see the similarity?

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/matchup/_/teams/bulls-cavaliers

Just because everyone thought the Cavs would beat the Magic last year and didn't doesn't automatically mean every time ESPN predicts the Cavs winning they're gonna get upset.

I would hope a #1 is picked by everyone to beat a #8. But I would expect someone to say a #3 is able to beat a #1.

Avenged
04-28-2010, 09:17 PM
The OP is mad because some analyst didn't pick Boston to win?

The most likely scenario in the East will be Cleveland coming out or Orlando.

FOBolous
04-28-2010, 09:19 PM
well Cleveland had the best record in the NBA and Boston...well...they played subpar in the regular season :shrug: they even lost to the New York Knicks (or New Jersey Nets...not sure). so can't blame the experts for picking Cleveland. one team showed lots of heart and determination in the regular season and the other one showed indifference and just cruised through the regular season.

tjlipford
04-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Is it possible that someone can put a stop to these types of threads? They get more irritating by the day.

tjlipford
04-28-2010, 09:27 PM
i dont think theyll go outin 5 or 4. maybe push it to six or seven games. the bulls had the cavs in some situations im sure boston can handle em. but it aint gnna be easy.
Boston and Chicago plays two different styles. I dont know how many games it will go but we will dominate them and win the series.

DLeeicious
04-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Cavs in 4. (Don't throw a hidden bulls bash in your thread and maybe it would be 5)

Draco
04-28-2010, 09:30 PM

lol.. The Celtics are done or haven't you heard?

still1ballin
04-28-2010, 09:33 PM

Didn't they move to L.A.?

still1ballin
04-28-2010, 09:34 PM
So LeBron, Shaq & Jamison have no experience.

:eyebrow:

They do, but not as a unit....makes a difference.

But I don't think it won't matter much anyway

still1ballin
04-28-2010, 09:36 PM
I am surprised that everyone is picking the Cavs in a short series. Even Charles said this series will be easy, in 4 or 5 for the Cavs. IMO the cavs had trouble putting away the Bulls. They didn't look too sharp. This is probably the Celtics last run as a unit and they are gonna give everything they have.

I would love to see a Lakers vs Celtics finals again if it happens.

kozelkid
04-28-2010, 09:37 PM
I actually think it will be a better series than most expect.
Rondo should match well with Mo. Perkins is one of the best at defending the stronger centers. Case and point with him guarding Howard in the past. So it will be interesting how he defends Shaq. I think he'll give Shaq problems.
I think Celtics match up well. I also like to add that Jamison is going to have to step up if Cavs are to win. He's the x-factor imo.

tjlipford
04-28-2010, 09:37 PM
Nobody cares about the Celtics. This is not 2007 and we are not the same team as we were in 2007. LB has gotten better, and our team has gotten better.

When this series is over thats when all the doubters will understand

tjlipford
04-28-2010, 09:41 PM
I am surprised that everyone is picking the Cavs in a short series. Even Charles said this series will be easy, in 4 or 5 for the Cavs. IMO the cavs had trouble putting away the Bulls. They didn't look too sharp. This is probably the Celtics last run as a unit and they are gonna give everything they have.

I would love to see a Lakers vs Celtics finals again if it happens.
We really didnt have trouble. They won 1 game LOL. We didnt have too much trouble.

Did the Bulls play tough in every game (except game 4)? Yes

They play more to our style but are slower. They dont have anyone who can stop LB from doing anything and Shaq is gonna be a better force in the paint because all of there big men are slow. I think each game will be tough as well but they are not going to win. Yall will see.

Fool
04-28-2010, 10:42 PM
I hate the Cavs.

But that's not being biased. That's picking the better team to win.

philab
04-28-2010, 11:40 PM

I don't see the frontcourt advantage at all. With Varejao's movement, Shaq's size, and Jamison's ability to score from in and out, that's a hell of a defensive assignment for KG, Perkins, and Baby.

The series rests with Rondo and Allen. Rondo can tear up Mo on a good night. And Ray-Ray, like always, will be dropping 3s all over Cleveland.

Boston's definitely got a decent chance, but the matchups are what they are.

JordansBulls
04-28-2010, 11:58 PM
Nobody cares about the Celtics. This is not 2007 and we are not the same team as we were in 2007. LB has gotten better, and our team has gotten better.

When this series is over thats when all the doubters will understand

Cavs play the Celtics better without Shaq. Basically having Shaq play will make this be a long series. If Shaq wasn't playing I think the Cavs take it, but I think he hurts them against the C's for some reason.

ink
04-29-2010, 12:06 AM

I don't really want to see either. Tired of both of them to be honest but especially tired of Lebron and Kobe. I'd rather see some new talent in the finals.

Ethix11
04-29-2010, 12:07 AM
i think the celtics are gonna take it to the wire.

still1ballin
04-29-2010, 12:08 AM
I don't really want to see either. Tired of both of them to be honest but especially tired of Lebron and Kobe. I'd rather see some new talent in the finals.

$$

OaklandsFinest
04-29-2010, 12:11 AM
I am so sick of the hatred towards Lebron. The guys is flat out the best all around player in the NBA and you guys nit pick every little tiny flaw you can like a bunch of high school biznatches. Leave the man be. As for the Celts and the Cavs its obvious why the Cavs will win. The bulls made the series competitive because Derrick Rose can shoot well in that mid range game and no one in the league can stay in front of him. Now I do think the Celts will sneak a game maybe 2 out but the Cavs are too good.

still1ballin
04-29-2010, 12:17 AM
I am so sick of the hatred towards Lebron. The guys is flat out the best all around player in the NBA and you guys nit pick every little tiny flaw you can like a bunch of high school biznatches. Leave the man be. As for the Celts and the Cavs its obvious why the Cavs will win. The bulls made the series competitive because Derrick Rose can shoot well in that mid range game and no one in the league can stay in front of him. Now I do think the Celts will sneak a game maybe 2 out but the Cavs are too good.

str8 out of oak town cuh'

ink
04-29-2010, 12:20 AM
$$

yeah yeah I know. lol.

natelpete
04-29-2010, 12:36 AM
cavs are the best team in the nba, of course analysts will pick them over the celtics

mgd24oz
04-29-2010, 12:48 AM
I think the cavs will win the series versus boston but it wont be as easy as some people may think. I see it as a Cavs win in 6 at best....as for the potential matchup with Orlando...i see orlando taking it again for a rematch of last years finals....as much as i'd like to see a Kobe/LeBJ finals...it aint gonna happen

omdigga
04-29-2010, 01:37 AM
this series is gonna have some really good games.. but all hail the King.. cavs in 6

JNA17
04-29-2010, 01:42 AM

The cavs never won 1 game in the finals, how's that for evidence kid. :rolleyes:

SNYmets86
04-29-2010, 02:38 AM
2010 nba finals cavs vs another team thats not lakers i hope they choke in the western finals lakers are overated basterds

mgd24oz
04-29-2010, 02:53 AM
come on now....how is the number one team in the western conference two years running and the defending NBA champions overrated....i find that hard to believe....now there's a team in the eastern conference that has done well the last two regular season but has yet to produce in the post season....as far as i'm concerned u can call them overrated...