PDA

View Full Version : Laker Rules Make NBA a Joke

Lo Porto
04-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Imagine if you knew that extra holding would be called on the Colts in the SB because how holding wasn't called in the AFC Title Game. Or if the strike zone was way bigger for the Cardinals in Game 2 because of the tight zone in Game 1.

Everybody in the sports world knew that the Lakers were going to get every call in Game 5. Yeah they played better, and yes they looked more focused in Game 5, but they still got every call. Anybody with a brain knew that all the complaining LA did after Game 4 was going to lead to a complete bias in Game 5. There were 4 straight trips down the court for the Thunder in the first quarter where the was an uncalled foul. The refs were obviously making a point to call the Lakers much tighter than OKC.

The problem with LA and their fans are that they are spoiled. They are spoiled with talent, spoiled by the NBA, spoiled by the refs and spoiled by the media. The Lakers are like that rich girl that still complains although she gets pretty much everything she wants. In the last two first rounds of the playoffs against Utah (2008 and 2009), Kobe shot almost as many FT's as the entire Jazz in 2008 and the Lakers got every single call in 2009. This year, another young upstart team with a budding star comes in and gets some calls. The next thing you know, they don't get one call in the most crucial game.

Way to be so transparent NBA. We know the Lakers will be in the Finals because that's where you want them. It's too bad that the NBA and their refs can't be less predictable.

asandhu23
04-28-2010, 02:10 PM
:clap: :clap: NBA is rigged. I have said this for years

iggypop123
04-28-2010, 02:17 PM
lmao the thunder still have more FT's than the lakers in the series. lakers advantage was only 31- 24. that isnt a +20 like the thunder had.
let me ask you a questions. if game 5 was rigged then what the hell was game 4? perfectly rigged?

G-Funk
04-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Wtf?

These are free throw attemps. You are crying over 7 less FTA??? lol

GAME1: okc 24 vs l.a 22 = okc +2

GAME2: okc 33 vs l.a 30 = okc +3

GAME3: okc 34 vs l.a 12 = okc +22

GAME4: okc 48 vs l.a 28 = okc +20

GAME5: okc 24 vs l.a. 31 = l.a +7

sp1derm00
04-28-2010, 02:21 PM
lmao the thunder still have more FT's than the lakers in the series. lakers advantage was only 31- 24. that isnt a +20 like the thunder had.
let me ask you a questions. if game 5 was rigged then what the hell was game 4? perfectly rigged?

Haters have selective blindness.

PraiseJesus
04-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Hater

Twinsfan24
04-28-2010, 02:25 PM
The NBA is as Fake as WWE, finally some people are starting to see it my way. All laker fans are ignorant Call us haters all you want the fact is I dont hate your Team I HATE THE NBA!!! If you wanna watch real basketball go watch a college game.

Raph12
04-28-2010, 02:26 PM
KD gets more bs calls than Lebron... And that's saying something.

Squad13
04-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Imagine if you knew that extra holding would be called on the Colts in the SB because how holding wasn't called in the AFC Title Game. Or if the strike zone was way bigger for the Cardinals in Game 2 because of the tight zone in Game 1.

Everybody in the sports world knew that the Lakers were going to get every call in Game 5. Yeah they played better, and yes they looked more focused in Game 5, but they still got every call. Anybody with a brain knew that all the complaining LA did after Game 4 was going to lead to a complete bias in Game 5. There were 4 straight trips down the court for the Thunder in the first quarter where the was an uncalled foul. The refs were obviously making a point to call the Lakers much tighter than OKC.

The problem with LA and their fans are that they are spoiled. They are spoiled with talent, spoiled by the NBA, spoiled by the refs and spoiled by the media. The Lakers are like that rich girl that still complains although she gets pretty much everything she wants. In the last two first rounds of the playoffs against Utah (2008 and 2009), Kobe shot almost as many FT's as the entire Jazz in 2008 and the Lakers got every single call in 2009. This year, another young upstart team with a budding star comes in and gets some calls. The next thing you know, they don't get one call in the most crucial game.

Way to be so transparent NBA. We know the Lakers will be in the Finals because that's where you want them. It's too bad that the NBA and their refs can't be less predictable.

LoL dude you sound like a scared Jazz fan, no the nba is not rigged, and yes you are ridiculous.

G-Funk
04-28-2010, 02:27 PM
maybe the Lakers should not be allowed to shoot any FT's.

Squad13
04-28-2010, 02:28 PM
The NBA is as Fake as WWE, finally some people are starting to see it my way. All laker fans are ignorant Call us haters all you want the fact is I dont hate your Team I HATE THE NBA!!! If you wanna watch real basketball go watch a college game.

:laugh2: why are you in the NBA forum then? FAIL

Hawkeye15
not the same game I saw. Or at least the first half, since I am a pans and went to bed

Hawkeye15
Lakers whupped them

kobedumarules
Wtf?

/thread

lol at the OP getting pwned

iggypop123
04-28-2010, 02:29 PM

Then don't watch

TheKing23
04-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Then don't watch

Reyes6
04-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Every good story has a bad guy, the Lakers are simply just playing their role. Stop complaining and just hope for the Thunder then, if you think complaining here and trying to convince Laker fans the NBA is biased then you are wasting your breath.

Let's stop complaining and just enjoy the game. If it's rigged then hell, stop wasting your time watching it or begin a revolution against Stern. But until you are up for either of those, stop complaining and do something about it... Ya Bum!

jimbobjarree
04-28-2010, 02:32 PM
KD gets more bs calls than Lebron... And that's saying something.

I wouldnt say more, but he gets a ridiculous amount. Thats why I said the no call at the end of the Jazz-Thunder game was karma, the one time he is actually fouled and they didnt call it :laugh2:

but no, as a Jazz fan I'm really not looking forward to facing those LA refs again, but then again we couldnt buy a call in OKC this season either. That must be a really frustrating series to watch your team play on the road.

Carey
04-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Im a Thunder fans its no way that game was rigged! The Lakers made adjustments and executed very well. Refs miss calls both ways usually, The Lakers had everything to do with Kobe sliding over to play Westbrook, Artest posting up, etc.

Squad13
Every person thinks their team doesn't get enough calls... FACT
Most people that aren't laker fans, hate the lakers...FACT
It's a very easy excuse to say its rigged, when it clearly isn't. Kobe Bryant gets the least amount of calls of all the top tier Superstars in the league.

Squad13
Im a Thunder fans its no way that game was rigged! The Lakers made adjustments and executed very well. Refs miss calls both ways usually, The Lakers had everything to do with Kobe sliding over to play Westbrook, Artest posting up, etc.

Thank you, OP will not be back in this thread.

ElMarroAfamado
04-28-2010, 02:36 PM
haha the only people who complain about the nba being rigged is people whos team loses on any given night
grow up

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-28-2010, 02:38 PM
then don't watch

Raph12
04-28-2010, 02:39 PM
I wouldnt say more, but he gets a ridiculous amount. Thats why I said the no call at the end of the Jazz-Thunder game was karma, the one time he is actually fouled and they didnt call it :laugh2:

but no, as a Jazz fan I'm really not looking forward to facing those LA refs again, but then again we couldnt buy a call in OKC this season either. That must be a really frustrating series to watch your team play on the road.

Lebron is as aggressive as it gets when taking it to the basket and finishes strong with contact. Durant plays soft ball but shoots more FTs than anyone in the league, I've seen him play and the calls for him are really soft. KD definitely gets star treatment, even moreso than Kobe, Wade and Melo, the league is promoting their rising star, and promoting him hard.

Personally I'm more scared of the Cavs refs than any other teams' just because those 4 bs consecutive fouls Shaq got on Miller/Noah on that one possession, if they're calling it like that, then Dwight will be lucky to play 26mpg (Foul-on-you's avg against the Cats).

Lakerfrk
How embarrassing for you.....
Take a look at the beginning of the game, Fisher went in, got leveled, no call.. then Westbrook comes back, gets leveled, no call....

The refs set up that they were going to let it be a physical game. The only fouls they really called, all night, were hack fouls... when arms were straight up, they let it go.

I thought i was called pretty well, a few calls going toward the Lakers.. but.. the Lakers played the way OKC played in the first 4 games. Strong defense, getting blocks, getting hands in to the passing lanes..

Whenever the Lakers win.. apparently it's because of a rigged NBA. No chance for us to win based on merit.

The Thunder MURDERED us in game 4.. THATS why we won game 5, we got focused.

G-Funk
This haters want the Thunder to attempt 4O more free throws each game as if 20 more isn't enought

It was an old fashion trashin' that's all.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-28-2010, 02:40 PM
Every person thinks their team doesn't get enough calls... FACT
Most people that aren't laker fans, hate the lakers...FACT
It's a very easy excuse to say its rigged, when it clearly isn't. Kobe Bryant gets the least amount of calls of all the top tier Superstars in the league.

100% right

Aboogz89
04-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Then Don't watch!

arkanian215
04-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Thunder were outplayed. 20 more ft's for the Thunder wouldn't have made a difference.

ugottabjoshinme
04-28-2010, 02:43 PM
I love when the OP gets pwned and then never comes back

JDMVP
04-28-2010, 02:45 PM
What do we need to do???? well i guess ur just a hater cause really come on now, look at this

rigged now??? also losing by 24 pts pls come on now

this is a FAIL

dukejazz
04-28-2010, 02:48 PM

Ia gree when okc kept going inside there was never a foul called. LA only had 19 fouls. Was making me mad watching the game. The refs were making sure that Lakers could geta big enough lead until they would start calling fouls on lakers. Only 19 fouls called too. Would never call shooting fouls the whole game when OKC really lieks to drive to the hoop. LAkers will always get the calls. Especially if they are playing an inexperienced playoff team.

dukejazz
04-28-2010, 02:49 PM

Well they wanted home team to be confident and as long as lakers win they will be happy. So they will let OKC win in game 6 then let lakers win in game 7.

G-Funk
04-28-2010, 02:51 PM
^take off those hater glasses and realize that Phil owns your coach.

dukejazz
04-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Lebron is as aggressive as it gets when taking it to the basket and finishes strong with contact. Durant plays soft ball but shoots more FTs than anyone in the league, I've seen him play and the calls for him are really soft. KD definitely gets star treatment, even moreso than Kobe, Wade and Melo, the league is promoting their rising star, and promoting him hard.

Personally I'm more scared of the Cavs refs than any other teams' just because those 4 bs consecutive fouls Shaq got on Miller/Noah on that one possession, if they're calling it like that, then Dwight will be lucky to play 26mpg (Foul-on-you's avg against the Cats).

YA those calls were ********. I was watching it cheering for the bulls and two blocking fouls when shaq was backing them down.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-28-2010, 02:57 PM
if I remember correctly LA had fewer FTs than OKC after third quarter in game five

4th quarter was garbage time

Kobe2324
04-28-2010, 03:02 PM
wow OKC have been getting the calls all series and they shoot 7 less 1 game and then you freak out lol, someone close this thread, ridiculous.

leftymo
04-28-2010, 03:03 PM
The numbers prove that Durant got more calls than Kobe. In fact Durant's league leading FT #'s this season was also better than Kobe has EVER done in any season. This includes his 35.0 ppg scoring season, etc...

Cleveland, Orlando, Boston didn't advance b/c they got the calls, its b/c they are the better team. If OKC finished as the #1 seed, and the Lakers were #8, then OKC would win this series.

But you just aren't better, and your inferiority complex allows you to conjure up delusions that the NBA wants a certain team to win. If that was the case, then how did Kobe's 2005 lakers miss the playoffs entirely???

lexworld2009
04-28-2010, 03:05 PM
this is the exact point where were the ppl saying this when they thunder were gettin all the damn calls and the one game la gets to the line 7 more time ppl wanna cry

Rockets4Life
04-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Wtf?

I dont think he was complaining about the amount of free throws taken in this game. I believe he was talking about OKC not receiving the foul calls. No where was he talking about free throws. He is complaining about the refs not calling fouls on the lakers. OKC lives by driving into the paint and drawing fouls but they were getting hacked in the first few mins which resulted in no calls made. But those calls were being made in game 4. Thats just what I think he was meaning. Could be wrong though

domz248
04-28-2010, 03:07 PM

college ball is way more rigged

tredigs
04-28-2010, 03:07 PM

What are you talking about? KD knows how to draw fouls on a lazy defender as well/probably better than anyone in the league. He's so tall and athletic that when he gets into the hole it's VERY hard for a defender to block his shot without getting arm. On top of that, if a defender is face guarding him around the 3pt line and puts his hands into his stomach, he's going to do the Paul Pierce and wrap his shot under their arms for the auto-foul. Every time.

The NBA refs, in general, do a pretty damn good job in what is by far the hardest sport to officiate. They do it better than any of us could; have to remember that they don't have the advantage of slow motion multi-angle instant replays on every single play like we do. They're going to miss calls, period.

These excuses/conspiracy stories are growing pretty tired. If you tin-foil hat wearing kids think it's rigged (you're an idiot, and...) DON'T WATCH. That way you won't have to ***** about it.

Rockets4Life
04-28-2010, 03:08 PM
The numbers prove that Durant got more calls than Kobe. In fact Durant's league leading FT #'s this season was also better than Kobe has EVER done in any season. This includes his 35.0 ppg scoring season, etc...

Cleveland, Orlando, Boston didn't advance b/c they got the calls, its b/c they are the better team. If OKC finished as the #1 seed, and the Lakers were #8, then OKC would win this series.

But you just aren't better, and your inferiority complex allows you to conjure up delusions that the NBA wants a certain team to win. If that was the case, then how did Kobe's 2005 lakers miss the playoffs entirely???

That's cause Durant drives to the hoop more then Kobe. Therefor he's going to get more calls. Kobe is more of a jump shooter.

Vikes_Fan04
04-28-2010, 03:09 PM
[/B]

college ball is way more rigged

yeah cuz we all know the ncaa really wanted BUTLER in the finals and almost all the #1's out this year :rolleyes:

Toenail Clipper
04-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Shut up, it's not rigged alright?!

Rockets4Life
04-28-2010, 03:11 PM

Cleveland, Orlando, Boston/c they got didn't advance bthe calls, its b/c they are the better team. If OKC finished as the #1 seed, and the Lakers were #8, then OKC would win this series.

So you think the Golden state warriors were a better team then the Dallas Mavericks in 06?

showtym24
04-28-2010, 03:12 PM
He's upset because we're gonna knock his team out for the third straight year. Your argument holds no merit. Sorry crybaby.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-28-2010, 03:17 PM
then dont watch!

Nighthawk
04-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Thunder could beat Lakers in a series...No doubt in my mind. But theirs no way Stern and the Refs will let Kobe and LA leave in just the 1st round. No Way. aND ITS SAD

SeoulBeatz
04-28-2010, 03:20 PM
I don't hate the lakers, but the NBA definitely does have favoritism. its obvious and refs have admitted it already.

if ur the hometeam and especially if ur a favorite like L.A or Cleveland, you are going to get every call. sure the FT disparity wasnt much but it was obvious the Lakers were getting every call in their favor, some were even laughably obvious.

and yes lakers fans, i agree people is just hatin cus dey jealous!!!

BUT

i do believe the NBA is somewhat rigged... if the government is corrupt, why cant some silly little game?

smith&wesson
04-28-2010, 03:23 PM
okc is a good team, but lets not forget they are the 8th seed and are playing vs the champs. they won 2 games and that says alot for a yonge team in the 8th seed. they are only going to get better, but they are mad yonge and will lose this series. i dont think its fixed, the lakers are just the better and more experienced team. but okc could become contenders in the next couple of seasons. dont get ahead of yourself, durant gets as many calls as kobe, lebron and or any one else for that matter.

silvTeg98
04-28-2010, 03:25 PM
educate yourself before you create a thread like this. thunder have had the freethrow advantage on 4 of the 5 game. :facepalm: for you

Chacarron
04-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Thunder could beat Lakers in a series...No doubt in my mind. But theirs no way Stern and the Refs will let Kobe and LA leave in just the 1st round. No Way. aND ITS SAD

Coming from a Boston fan....

Nighthawk
04-28-2010, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=chacarronsau;13136606]Coming from a Boston fan....[/QUOTE=]

NBA refs sucks man...all of them.

JabberJaw
04-28-2010, 03:34 PM
hahahah...The Thunder have been living on the charity stripe and you make a thread like this? Lakers dominated that game from start to finish. You can't put a complete blowout by having 7 more free throws. If you think the Lakers are getting sooo many calls, why did Durant lead the league in ft attempts and had over 200 more than Kobe? Hmmmm? He even had more than Lebron, and we all know how much the league adores him. Oklahoma City has been getting a ton of calls, and rightfully so. They have been playing with extreme energy and have earned most of their calls. Stop being one of those guys that cries "the league is rigged" because you didn't get the result that you desired. If that is the case then every sports organization is rigged. You can look at any sporting event and spin it to look as if it were orchestrated to favor a certain team, or player. Stop being so close minded and pessimistic. Your team lost to the defending world champions. If the Lakers shot 22 more free throws, like the Thunder did in game 3, you might have an argument ;) But if you check the stats and actually watched the game, the Lakers DOMINATED. Just look at the points in the paint and rebound difference.

lakersrock
04-28-2010, 03:36 PM
Wtf?

This needs quoted again. Also keep in mind LA lived in the paint in the 1st Quarter and OKC took DOUBLE the FT LA did. That's a bad job of giving them all the calls wouldn't you say?

Teeboy1487
04-28-2010, 03:36 PM
WTF man :facepalm: . No further comment :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:.

J4KOP99
04-28-2010, 03:41 PM
The NBA isn't as much rigged as it is controlled by referee's who are supposed to stay unbiased.

However, it is impossible for a referee, who is a human like all of us, to stay unbiased. The NBA referee has more of an impact than any of the other refs in the 4 major sports.

As for this series...The game was being called more loosely than in previous games. You will have a hard time arguing that the refs have helped the Lakers out this series.

--And for those that think Durant takes the ball to the hole a lot it simply is not true. Most of the foul calls he gets are either pushing calls as he goes around screen or people fouling him on a pump fake or a jump shot.

The only time he really takes the ball to the basket is on the fast break.

still1ballin
04-28-2010, 03:56 PM
then don't watch

runforrestrunx9
04-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Wtf?

/thread

still1ballin
04-28-2010, 03:58 PM

:laugh2:

:facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

YOU FAIL amigo

SundaeBest
04-28-2010, 04:02 PM

Because you don't get a lot of calls on your homecourt? Shut up you tool!

It's a given fact in the NBA that; home-teams, superstars, and champions are given the benefit of the doubt. Don't complain about the "LA refs" when EVERYONE knows the jazz get some of the most friendly officiating at home (and what have THEY DONE to earn that type of treatment?).

Bottom line, if you think LA games are rigged, what the hell does it make Utah games? If you want the benefit of the doubt, you're gonna have to wrestle it from the Lakers, by taking their championship away.

Personally, I don't like that it's officiated the way it is. I know if the Lakers meet the cavs, I'm going to be eating my words. But the game is what it is, and given the events of games 3 and 4, I can't fathom how someone would say those were well-officiated games, and game 5 was a ref-job.

SundaeBest
04-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Ia gree when okc kept going inside there was never a foul called. LA only had 19 fouls. Was making me mad watching the game. The refs were making sure that Lakers could geta big enough lead until they would start calling fouls on lakers. Only 19 fouls called too. Would never call shooting fouls the whole game when OKC really lieks to drive to the hoop. LAkers will always get the calls. Especially if they are playing an inexperienced playoff team.

Why weren't you so upset in game 3 and game 4 then? It was the exact same thing, except on opposite ends.

You are either:

A.) Biased
B.) Secretly scared of getting bumped off by the Lakers for a 3rd straight year in a row.
C.) All of the above

SundaeBest
04-28-2010, 04:09 PM

I feel you man: personally, I don't like the Magic, but I really feel for Dwight, hopefully he can stay on the court longer in the next series. Also, he needs to stop tackling people :)

SundaeBest
04-28-2010, 04:13 PM
That's cause Durant drives to the hoop more then Kobe. Therefor he's going to get more calls. Kobe is more of a jump shooter.

Quiet you! Enjoy your off-season!

celtisox41
04-28-2010, 04:13 PM
Lakers fans shouldn't be complaining about this, the celtics never get any calls at all. The lakers get everything, the wind could blow Pau Gasol down, he flops at everything

jrodmesche
04-28-2010, 04:14 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

YOU FAIL amigo

No he does not the Thunder have made it clear that the can beat u guys stop being biased.

OC Knights #11
04-28-2010, 04:16 PM
I don't totally agree with you, but i do think it's pretty obvious that if your a super-star in this league you are going to get every ****ing call. But you can say that with Bryant and Durant.

G-Funk
04-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Lakers fans shouldn't be complaining about this, the celtics never get any calls at all. The lakers get everything, the wind could blow Pau Gasol down, he flops at everything

Yeah that's why the C's raped the Lakers from the FT line

SundaeBest
04-28-2010, 04:21 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....I think all of PSD just fell of their chairs while reading this.

dukejazz
04-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Why weren't you so upset in game 3 and game 4 then? It was the exact same thing, except on opposite ends.

You are either:

A.) Biased
B.) Secretly scared of getting bumped off by the Lakers for a 3rd straight year in a row.
C.) All of the above

Well the refs are going to make a it a longer series to get more fans excited about it to watch etc and make more money but int he end the refs know that lakers draw the tv watchers etc and will let them win. I could care less about okc or lakers but justs eeing that game made me amd when they should of called a hell of a lot more fouls on the lakers.Lakers will win because nab makes teh most money fromt hem whether merchandise or fans watching them.

Ethix11
04-28-2010, 04:26 PM

Avenged
04-28-2010, 04:27 PM
I think the OP was getting at the fact that the Thunder didn't get some calls he felt they should have gotten but that comes with HCA. The Thunder got all the calls in OKC, while in game 5, the gap between calls wasn't that wide. The thunder got spoiled with FT calls in OKC and now the fans are feeling the difference of +20 free throws compared to +7. It was a good officiating game in my eyes. Had the game been in OKC, the Lakers wouldn't have got so many block in the paint, a lot of those would have been called fouls.

Ethix11
04-28-2010, 04:27 PM
The only way to beat the system is by building an impeccable team.

D Roses Bulls
04-28-2010, 04:29 PM

just ask brad miller if the NBA is rigged. 3 strait calls against him when only was an actual foul.

Jack Daniels
04-28-2010, 04:31 PM

You feel better now buddy, "get the poison out." Why don't you post this in the get the ******* outta here forum.

dukejazz
04-28-2010, 04:31 PM
just ask brad miller if the NBA is rigged. 3 strait calls against him when only was an actual foul.

Ya they had to help the cavs out because they ahve lebrawn. Rose isnt superstar caliber yet so the refs ahd to amke sure hed lose.

Avenged
04-28-2010, 04:33 PM

I'm pretty sure Miller won't say the NBA is rigged.

3 straight calls don't make the NBA rigged.

They were horrible calls, yes.

But not because the NBA is rigged.

dukejazz
04-28-2010, 04:37 PM
you can tell its rigged ever since taht ref got caught ;)

heathonater
04-28-2010, 04:50 PM
the nba is not rigged, but yes, star players do get favorable treatment for fouls, and this includes durant as well. the ft has actually been in the favor of the thunder in this series, so are we just going to include the only game la shot more fts as evidence the league is rigged. come on.

Kevj77
04-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Wtf?

GAME5: okc 24 vs l.a. 31 = l.a +7/thread
The more aggressive team gets to the line more and the home team usually get the close calls. The Lakers for the first time all series where the more aggressive team and they went to the line more for the first time in the series. That's all that happened no consiracy here.

SundaeBest
04-28-2010, 04:53 PM

What is said is your understanding of syntax and proper sentence structure. Oh, and your complete deviation from reality.

lakerssssssss
04-28-2010, 04:59 PM

Did u see games 2 and 3?

Baller1
04-28-2010, 05:06 PM
You guys are pathetic if you really think the calls weren't biased and last nights game.

And for those of you trying to make the free throw comparison... it holds absolutely no weight whatsoever. The Thunder have gone to the basketball so much more than the Lakers this entire series, and have more free throws for that reason.

I got a text from one of my friends who is a huge Laker fan last night, in the first quarter. All he said was "The Thunder are getting no calls lmao".

The Lakers outplayed the Thunder in game 5, but it helps when the refs have your back.

SundaeBest
04-28-2010, 05:12 PM
Well the refs are going to make a it a longer series to get more fans excited about it to watch etc and make more money but int he end the refs know that lakers draw the tv watchers etc and will let them win. I could care less about okc or lakers but justs eeing that game made me amd when they should of called a hell of a lot more fouls on the lakers.Lakers will win because nab makes teh most money fromt hem whether merchandise or fans watching them.

That is a valid point.

But to say they will "make the Lakers win" is ludicrous. If that's the case, why isn't NY in the Finals every year? Why is Chicago not a perennial contender?

Why was Boston able to completely beat up the Lakers 2 years ago? In any other game, any other series, there would have been so many fouls called on a team for playing the way Boston did.

The difference is, Boston had an identity as a "tough" team. And that is why they are allowed to play like that. Did I like it? No. But that happens (to a different extent) with superstars, champions, big market teams. That is what the NBA product is. It is a (imo) a semi-proSports league. In that, the officials constantly and sometimes willingly have an effect on the outcome of games.

At the end of the day, all you can really argue about is facts.

And those are:

- The Thunder still have an OVERWHELMING free-throw disparity in their favor
- Game five: officials missed calls on the Lakers, BUT they also failed to call some on the Thunder, they let BOTH teams play more physical, and the Lakers won
- Lakers only shot 7 more free-throws, 20 more free-throws for OKC wouldn't have mattered
- Don't diminish a team when they win with a +7 free-throws, when you were completely content to keep your mouth shut when OKC had 2 games of +20

Lo Porto
04-28-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm the original poster, so here is my defense.

Durant and Westbrook live by driving which creates more opportunities at the line. The Lakers run a system offense and really only get to the line when posting up. In the way they play, OKC should always go to the line more with the exception of garbage time FT's.

Last night was just a joke. Time after time OKC went to the hole, was fouled but there was no call. The refs intentionally did not give 50-50 calls to OKC. Like I said earlier - 4 straight trips OKC went down, got fouled and didn't get a call. At home, that should be called at least 3 of 4 times. On the road, it should be called at least half the time.

Everyone knew that LA would get calls last night. And it's sad that everyone knows that was going to happen. Why can't games just be called on a night by night basis? Instead of make up calls, the NBA has make up nights.

SundaeBest
04-28-2010, 05:16 PM
You guys are pathetic if you really think the calls weren't biased and last nights game.

And for those of you trying to make the free throw comparison... it holds absolutely no weight whatsoever. The Thunder have gone to the basketball so much more than the Lakers this entire series, and have more free throws for that reason.

I got a text from one of my friends who is a huge Laker fan last night, in the first quarter. All he said was "The Thunder are getting no calls lmao".

The Lakers outplayed the Thunder in game 5, but it helps when the refs have your back.

Buy some cheese for that wine, cause you're gonna have nothing to watch after Friday.

SundaeBest
04-28-2010, 05:18 PM

Yeah, that sucked for him. I'm not saying, that it was flat out rigged, but I AM saying, it was dubious!

kobedumarules
04-28-2010, 05:18 PM

so im guessing you are just blatantly leaving out games 3 and 4 from your memory. homerism at its best right here fellas.

Nate David+ Co.
04-28-2010, 05:35 PM

is a thunder fan really talking about fouls? KD gets more calls then anyone. if you breathe on this nijja you get a foul called on you...
it helps when the refs have your back? so the refs got together before the game and siad, ok the lakers are going to win this? wtf
can someone tell me how this works...
i mean the nba trys to get the most out of series, and refs do make bad calls. The Lakers beat them, even KD admitted it. everyone gets homecourt advantage, thats the pleasure about hm. i can't beleive i saw a utah fan complainding.
on a side note,
college basketball is actually somewhat rigged in that fact that a group of people decide who plays who. is it just luck that duke got the #1 seed in the SOUTH and got no teams that could actually beat them?

dukejazz
04-28-2010, 05:50 PM

Durant and Westbrook live by driving which creates more opportunities at the line. The Lakers run a system offense and really only get to the line when posting up. In the way they play, OKC should always go to the line more with the exception of garbage time FT's.

Last night was just a joke. Time after time OKC went to the hole, was fouled but there was no call. The refs intentionally did not give 50-50 calls to OKC. Like I said earlier - 4 straight trips OKC went down, got fouled and didn't get a call. At home, that should be called at least 3 of 4 times. On the road, it should be called at least half the time.

Everyone knew that LA would get calls last night. And it's sad that everyone knows that was going to happen. Why can't games just be called on a night by night basis? Instead of make up calls, the NBA has make up nights.

Ya exactly the lakers do run a system offense okc should shoot more free throws and the more you drive in the paint more fouls should eb on other team because tahts where most fouls are. OKC got to shoot garbage free throws but thatw as basically it.

OKC did drive alot in the paint and would get bumped or hit on the wrist or arm and it was clean. I mean i've heard of bad calls but last agme was rediculous.

dukejazz
04-28-2010, 05:52 PM
is a thunder fan really talking about fouls? KD gets more calls then anyone. if you breathe on this nijja you get a foul called on you...
it helps when the refs have your back? so the refs got together before the game and siad, ok the lakers are going to win this? wtf
i mean the nba trys to get the most out of series, and refs do make bad calls. The Lakers beat them, even KD admitted it. everyone gets homecourt advantage, thats the pleasure about hm. i can't beleive i saw a utah fan complainding.
on a side note,
college basketball is actually somewhat rigged in that fact that a group of people decide who plays who. is it just luck that duke got the #1 seed in the SOUTH and got no teams that could actually beat them?

You know why duke won?

1. Best coach.

2. best players.

madiaz3
04-28-2010, 05:55 PM

Didn't catch game 4 and watched game 5 on and off but your initial analogy is faulty. It's one and done in football so in your example the winning team would be the one who is whining and complaining. Even if that were to make more sense the next team they were playing would not be the one's who were constantly fouling or subtly violating the rules. The second example is just ridiculous. If anything maybe the refs were calling the game as they were supposed to, but because one team was playing better they were getting more drives in and getting to the line more. Maybe fouls were called differently than they were in previous games but I rather take the game being called as it is supposed to than basing it off potentially faulty calls from games before.

KobeOwnSU
04-28-2010, 05:56 PM
If the NBA is rigged, then howcome LeBron wasn't in the finals against Kobe last year??? We all know the money that would have made the NBA. Next time, think before you open your mouth.

hugepatsfan
04-28-2010, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't say the NBA is rigged, but I'm sure the refs are aware of who Stern wants to win each series.

Nate David+ Co.
04-28-2010, 06:09 PM
You know why duke won?

1. Best coach.

2. best players.

really?
duke had better players than Kentucky?
i guess John Wall and Cousins are good enough to be top picks in the NBA but they couldn't beat duke.:rolleyes:
no duke won because they didn't play anyone. butler got to the finals because a ref missed a call and that caused double overtime for k-state the night before. then they had no legs the next day.
Kentucky played on bad game and it cost them vs WV.
duke got the easiest road to the final four, thats a fact.

G-Funk
04-28-2010, 06:26 PM

don't be stupid, did u not see Kobe turn Westbrook into a jump shooter? as a matter of fact lakers made the thunder into a half court jump shooting team. and Lakers attack the paint way more often, look up the stats.

You Jazz fans are worst then the actual Thunder fans. You guys are already pulling excuses.

dukejazz
04-28-2010, 06:28 PM
If the NBA is rigged, then howcome LeBron wasn't in the finals against Kobe last year??? We all know the money that would have made the NBA. Next time, think before you open your mouth.

because of a guy everybody lieks too named dwight howard. ;)

DCB/LAL
04-28-2010, 06:30 PM
OMG....Stop making these stupid threads.

What happened last night was the Lakers showed up and DESTROYED the Thunder and funny how no one makes a thread after the Thunder shot 48 Free throws game 4 and that doesn't include fouls where they didn't shoot free throws makes you wonder how many fouls were called on the Lakers in game 4?

dukejazz
04-28-2010, 06:31 PM
really?
duke had better players than Kentucky?
i guess John Wall and Cousins are good enough to be top picks in the NBA but they couldn't beat duke.:rolleyes:
no duke won because they didn't play anyone. butler got to the finals because a ref missed a call and that caused double overtime for k-state the night before. then they had no legs the next day.
Kentucky played on bad game and it cost them vs WV.
duke got the easiest road to the final four, thats a fact.

For one nolan smith is still at duke and so is scheyer. They were better team and with a coach as good as coackh k who coached us to the gold medal in the olympics.Didnt play anyone?lol They played teams taht kept upsetting everyone.

Avenged
04-28-2010, 06:38 PM
don't be stupid, did u not see Kobe turn Westbrook into a jump shooter? as a matter of fact lakers made the thunder into a half court jump shooting team. and Lakers attack the paint way more often, look up the stats.

You Jazz fans are worst then the actual Thunder fans. You guys are already pulling excuses.

OMG....Stop making these stupid threads.

What happened last night was the Lakers showed up and DESTROYED the Thunder and funny how no one makes a thread after the Thunder shot 48 Free throws game 4 and that doesn't include fouls where they didn't shoot free throws makes you wonder how many fouls were called on the Lakers in game 4?

While you two are probably my least favorite on here, I'm going to have to agree.

:facepalm: @ myself.

I don't usually have a problem with the Jazz fans, some are pretty cool.

Jimjob :drool:

But seeing as how L.A is likely to face up Utah, Jazz fans have came out early making excuses.

kvrnm
04-28-2010, 06:42 PM
i knew lake show would get erry calls,,, okc was gettin hacked in first quarter, but they shoulda known they were goin to get screwed and play through it , instead of completely wilt

kvrnm
04-28-2010, 06:43 PM
I wouldn't say the NBA is rigged, but I'm sure the refs are aware of who Stern wants to win each series.

foreal! i have always felt this way,, cus you always got major markets in the finals.... san antonio was like the only team to buck the system

dukejazz
04-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Now OKC will win guaranteed in game 6 so game 7 will be super hyped. Then lakers will blow out OKC. It's how its set up to be.

Avenged
04-28-2010, 06:48 PM
foreal! i have always felt this way,, cus you always got major markets in the finals.... san antonio was like the only team to buck the system

I don't see how you can be a fan of the Celtics when you think the NBA is rigged. Last time I checked the Celtics won a championship 2 years ago and are considered a big market. I wouldn't root for my team if I knew their championships were handed to them.

xBLAMEITON24x
04-28-2010, 07:07 PM
Then Don't Watch

kvrnm
04-28-2010, 07:12 PM
I don't see how you can be a fan of the Celtics when you think the NBA is rigged. Last time I checked the Celtics won a championship 2 years ago and are considered a big market. I wouldn't root for my team if I knew their championships were handed to them.

im aware of this,,, but what am i sposed to do lol ive always been a tics fan,,,im not saying its rigged,, just slanted

montazingmvp
04-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Wtf?

lol what do raw ft shooting numbers have to do with anything...i'm not siding with anyone on this argument...

but oklahoma attacks the basket more often than LA...its not about how many ft's go each way...its about how many deserved ft's didn't go to one team or the other...

so while la and ok may have had the same number of freethrows, ok (or la) very well could have deserved more ft's...get it?

you can't just use raw numbers like that to justify anything...

and again, i'm not taking sides because i haven't watched a game in the series...but your argument is weak to say the least

montazingmvp
04-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Then Don't Watch

witty

dukejazz
04-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Then Don't Watch

What a ******** post oh wait it's a laker fan. ;)

ARMIN12NBA
04-28-2010, 07:51 PM

The Lakers got every single call in 2009. So much so that in the 4th quarter of the critical Game 4 in Orlando, Orlando got 20 free-throws and the Lakers got 0. Riiiight. Be quiet. Even Simmons said the Lakers got screwed that game and he hates the Lakers.

The Lakers have gotten 40 less free-throws this series...yet the games are rigged for them.

Since 2004, the Lakers have a huge negative disparity in free-throws despite an attacking superstar and two physical paint presences for the past 3 seasons.

Stop with the BS.

ARMIN12NBA
04-28-2010, 07:53 PM
lol what do raw ft shooting numbers have to do with anything...i'm not siding with anyone on this argument...

but oklahoma attacks the basket more often than LA...its not about how many ft's go each way...its about how many deserved ft's didn't go to one team or the other...

It's funny how Oklahoma attacks the basket so much more often than LA and yet the Lakers still manage to get more shots in the paint. Funny.

ARMIN12NBA
04-28-2010, 07:56 PM
BTW--What complaining after Game 4? The Lakers didn't do any complaining. You are thinking of Dwight Howard and the Magic.

robdizzle3
04-28-2010, 07:58 PM

Its funny, because I believe the Thunder had the first free throw attempts of the game. Even though the Lakers were banging inside the paint they didnt get the first call.

ARMIN12NBA
04-28-2010, 08:00 PM
I don't hate the lakers, but the NBA definitely does have favoritism. its obvious and refs have admitted it already.

if ur the hometeam and especially if ur a favorite like L.A or Cleveland, you are going to get every call. sure the FT disparity wasnt much but it was obvious the Lakers were getting every call in their favor, some were even laughably obvious.

Like when Russel Westbrook took 4 steps and there was no call right after a Thunder player just stepped out of bounds and there was no call on that too? Oh wait, you are saying the Lakers got laughably obvious calls in their favor. Now, that is LOLtastic.

IversonIsKrazy
04-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Other than Phil Jackson, I don't really know any Laker that is complaining a lot. NBA is rigged, we ALL know this, it's the way Lakers have been able to dominate the West, while soon Cavs will be able to dominate the East. But this year, for Lakers part, I haven't seen any biased officiating favoring the Lakers, honestly I don't even really see any bias in the Western Conference Playoffs. Now the East, my god can LeBron get a WHOLE LOT OF calls. But Lakers haven't thus far.
Now, Cavs on the other hand, well let's just say, if the refs didn't determine the outcome of the series, it would've gone to either game 6 or 7, close series with Cavs winning, not early 5 game exit by Chicago.

Iron24th
04-28-2010, 08:17 PM
If the NBA is fixed,someone needs to tell me how the spurs (great team,but the most boring one) won 4 titles in 8 years??????????

majestic
04-28-2010, 08:32 PM
its fixed and i do not watch anymore, just bulls games and i still see it fixed.. i could imagine how laker games are now lol!! no chance the refs would let them lose game 5

Vikes_Fan04
04-28-2010, 08:36 PM
If the NBA is fixed,someone needs to tell me how the spurs (great team,but the most boring one) won 4 titles in 8 years??????????

beat me to it! The NBA being rigged is such a joke. So in the 90's I guess the NBA wanted to give Jordan and Olajuwon titles but not Malone, Stockton, or Barkley or any others? Kobe played excellent D on Westbrook who has done work to the Lakers this series and that's what I think was the factor.

29$JerZ
04-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Then don't watch

TheGsw
04-28-2010, 08:50 PM
NBA is rigged. I have said this for years
Craazy nig

f0n3nyc
04-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Oh man Kobe is the best and the Lakers are the best but Imma knocks and Nets fan.... Lebron is kool and cleveland is kool but cmon Kobe is the man. The closest thing to Jordan since Jordan.

RaptorsFanatic
04-28-2010, 09:01 PM
C
o
u
g
h....

kArSoN RyDaH
04-28-2010, 09:03 PM
wats an "OP"?

Agent008
04-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Not saying anything about this series, but NBA officiating is terrible in general. Anytime that a team complains about the officiating, the refs adjust how they call the next game. Even during the course of a game, if a player complains about a foul then they get a make-up call within the next few plays. Why do you think all NBA players and coaches whine so much, because it works. Think of all the nonsense that is accepted as common practice in officiating: make-up calls, preferential calls for stars, rougher play is allowed during the playoffs, etc. The NBA would be better off if the refs just tried to apply the rules as they are written.

tjlipford
04-28-2010, 09:20 PM
All these people are killing me with all these conspiracy theories and threads. The best team will always win.

robdizzle3
04-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Other than Phil Jackson, I don't really know any Laker that is complaining a lot. NBA is rigged, we ALL know this, it's the way Lakers have been able to dominate the West, while soon Cavs will be able to dominate the East. But this year, for Lakers part, I haven't seen any biased officiating favoring the Lakers, honestly I don't even really see any bias in the Western Conference Playoffs. Now the East, my god can LeBron get a WHOLE LOT OF calls. But Lakers haven't thus far.
Now, Cavs on the other hand, well let's just say, if the refs didn't determine the outcome of the series, it would've gone to either game 6 or 7, close series with Cavs winning, not early 5 game exit by Chicago.

Hit it right on the nail. That series where they called like three fouls on Miller was a joke, especially the last call. Even Reggie Miller said it was horrible.

AI4MVP
04-28-2010, 09:50 PM

:clap:

Bruno
04-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Wtf?

Yeah. (To the thread creator)

Maybe your argument would be stronger if OKC hadn't shot 40 more free throws over a five game span...

Baller1
04-28-2010, 10:37 PM
so im guessing you are just blatantly leaving out games 3 and 4 from your memory. homerism at its best right here fellas.

Buy some cheese for that wine, cause you're gonna have nothing to watch after Friday.

on a side note,

Prime examples of people who can't read based off context and properly comprehend a rather simple post.

Amazing.

Fool
04-28-2010, 10:39 PM

By my math, Thunder at +40 ALREADY in this series on freethrows.

On another note, no one cries about the Bulls not getting the calls though...

Baller1
04-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Yeah. (To the thread creator)

Maybe your argument would be stronger if OKC hadn't shot 40 more free throws over a five game span...

The Thunder attack the basket so much more than the Lakers, so again this arguement holds no weight.

And don't try to use the points in the paint arguement. There's an enormous difference between attacking the basket and posting up/feeding it to your big men.

Lakersfan2483
04-28-2010, 10:44 PM
The Thunder have consistently been the beneficiary of more calls than the Lakers. They have shot 40 more free throws than the Lakers and Durant receives more "gift" whistles than most players not named Lebron. There is no conspiracy against the Thunder and the Lakers flat out crushed them in last night's game and were the more physical team. The Lakers earned that win last night.

*If the NBA was truly rigged, why would small market teams like San Antonio, New Jersey, etc.. make it to the finals? If the NBA was truly rigged, the Magic would not have made it past Cleveland last year as every analyst on ESPN was predicting/wanting a Cavs vs Lakers finals. If the NBA was rigged, wouldn't they want a Lebron vs Kobe NBA finals as the ratings would sore through the roof? Despite the advertising for a Cavs vs Lakers finals, the Cavs didn't make it last season.

NFLNBA
04-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Wtf?

This pretty much closes this thread lol The thunder have gottn even more FTA in the first 2 games in LA! LAkers have gottn more FTA in 1 out of 5 games played and only by 7 attempts! KD shot 13 FTA in OKC game 3 Lakers ENTIRE team shot 12 FTA

It was a MUST win game for LA and they just took it to the Thunder! Thunder NEED the refs on there side to win a game-series and that has happened everygame they won ^ plus 42 FTA in OKC my god!

CLOSE THIS THREAD!

You were owned!

Lakersfan2483
04-28-2010, 10:49 PM
This pretty much closes this thread lol The thunder have gottn even more FTA in the first 2 games in LA! LAkers have gottn more FTA in 1 out of 5 games played and only by 7 attempts! KD shot 13 FTA in OKC game 3 Lakers ENTIRE team shot 12 FTA

It was a MUST win game for LA and they just took it to the Thunder! Thunder NEED the refs on there side to win a game-series and that has happened everygame they won ^ plus 42 FTA in OKC my god!

CLOSE THIS THREAD!

You were owned!

:clap: Not too mention the fact that LA has been whistled for more personal fouls as opposed to the Thunder.

jmb8311
04-28-2010, 10:56 PM
Right...Because if I had a product like the NBA and I was rigging it WWE style I totally would do so to make sure that my two most valuable commodities have yet to face off in the finals. And for those who are saying if you want a pure game that isn't fixed then go watch college, I guarantee half of you were the same people B****ing about how the NCAA rigged the brackets and paid off the refs to let Duke win the tournament. Get over it already. If you don't like the product then quit watching and quit your damn conspiracy theories because you look like an idiot.

Lakersfan2483
04-28-2010, 10:56 PM

The problem with LA and their fans are that they are spoiled. They are spoiled with talent, spoiled by the NBA, spoiled by the refs and spoiled by the media. The Lakers are like that rich girl that still complains although she gets pretty much everything she wants. In the last two first rounds of the playoffs against Utah (2008 and 2009), Kobe shot almost as many FT's as the entire Jazz in 2008 and the Lakers got every single call in 2009. This year, another young upstart team with a budding star comes in and gets some calls. The next thing you know, they don't get one call in the most crucial game. Way to be so transparent NBA. We know the Lakers will be in the Finals because that's where you want them. It's too bad that the NBA and their refs can't be less predictable.

The Jazz were tops in the entire NBA in terms of fouls committed on a game to game basis so it's not surprising they were whistled for a lot of fouls. Also, the Lakers have consistently been called for more personal fouls in comparison to the Thunder players. The Thunder have also had the edge at the free throw line and quite favorably in games in Oklahoma. Stop with the conspiracy theories.

Fool
04-28-2010, 10:59 PM
No he does not the Thunder have made it clear that the can beat u guys stop being biased.

lolololol, yes they can beat us playing one game...it's not as if they're going to, or could beat us in a series.

I'm not really sure you know what the word biased means.

Avenged
04-28-2010, 11:01 PM
All these NBA and WWE comparisons are getting ridiculous.

evadatam5150
04-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Wtf?

Basically enough said right there.. That's absolutely ridiculous and to say that the refs are buying LA a freebie to the finals is just plain erroneous..

That's just flat out embarrassing and you should be embarrassed at making such a lame duck hating thread with no facts to support your hater ideals. How do you smoke and mirror these types of numbers when a ref could legitimately call a foul on almost every play yet somehow OKC get's 20 more attempts a game.. Explain how that happens..

Fool
04-28-2010, 11:06 PM

seriously how old are you?

Lakers4ItAll
04-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Keep hating, The Lakers played a great game finally

ldc62
04-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Lakers kinda did dominate. I'm not doubting there may be some bias... but they really destroyed the Thunder.

Sadds The Gr8
04-29-2010, 12:44 AM
agreed.

ryder78c
04-29-2010, 01:18 AM
All these NBA and WWE comparisons are getting ridiculous.

this the first person i hear talk about nba bein the wwe besides me

Avenged
04-29-2010, 01:21 AM

Then you haven't been doing a lot of reading on this site.

Stuff is everywhere when people are discussing if the NBA is rigged and this topic is discussed a lot around here for some reason.

Purple&Gold24
04-29-2010, 01:38 AM
Like I always say "Then don't watch"

kntresistheheat
04-29-2010, 01:56 AM
Is this really a thread????

soundjunkies2
04-29-2010, 02:00 AM
Dumb thread, the Lakers shoot more ft's in 1 game and now the NBA is rigged.The thunder have shot something like 40 more ft's than the lakers have the whole series.

Gigantes4Life
04-29-2010, 02:09 AM
Like I always say "Then don't watch"

I don't. The NBA is a joke, and is the worst of the four major sports.

I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it if the playoffs weren't so ridiculously long and lopsided. I know it's all a money thing, but I don't need an analyst telling me why the Lakers will beat the Thunder.

The entire NBA season is pointless, and before every season you can basically pin it down to 3 or 4 teams that have a chance barring major injury.

michelangelo
04-29-2010, 02:20 AM
Corruption in the officiating ranks is a given. Here are some excerpts from Donaghy's book. You can't tell me LA legitimately beat C-Webb's Kings. The NBA did a job on the Kings. Fact:

http://deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts-from-the-book-the-nba-doesnt-want-you-to-read

Lakerfrk
04-29-2010, 02:22 AM

So no matter what.. if the Lakers win, its rigged?

Lakerfrk
04-29-2010, 02:24 AM
Corruption in the officiating ranks is a given. Here are some excerpts from Donaghy's book. You can't tell me LA legitimately beat C-Webb's Kings. The NBA did a job on the Kings. Fact:

http://deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts-from-the-book-the-nba-doesnt-want-you-to-read

Ya, totally... trust the guy who went to jail for cheating his profession...

Gigantes4Life
04-29-2010, 02:41 AM

Or you could just watch that series, not be ignorant, and see what actually happened.

mgd24oz
04-29-2010, 02:50 AM
this is playoff basketball guys....let 'em play....i'd rather watch a hard fought physical game were a few fouls don't get called than a time stop, go to the line on every possession type game like the one in game 4. there's no room for touch fouls in the playoffs....foul calls didn't matter in game 5 anyways...there was no way the lakers were losing that game

Caps1989
04-29-2010, 02:55 AM
Well, these talks always bring me back to this video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pFQMMY234U

LakeShowRaider
04-29-2010, 03:40 AM
Wtf?

Check and MATE! Suka!

DCB/LAL
04-29-2010, 03:53 AM
What happened was the Thunder won 2 games EVERYONE got excited when the series got tied and now that the TRUE LAL MONSTER showed their face everyone is looking for excuses as to why the Thunder got their butts kicked when the fact is NOBODY was complaining after GAME 4.

Jazz fans I know you guys want the Thunder and want nothing to do with LA.....but sometimes to be the BEST you gotta BEAT THE BEST and unfortunately for you guys that might mean facing the Lakers sooner than later.

Statik1
04-29-2010, 04:19 AM
Please see below....

http://i.imgur.com/ZWvcS.jpg

Penetra8r
04-29-2010, 04:55 AM
Wtf?

Awesome!!! This member has the facts down, what will you cry next thread starter???

RipVW
04-29-2010, 05:01 AM

Actually, thats not correct.

He didnt cheat in how he called the games he did. The FBI looked into this and said as much.

What he did wrong was bet on games knowing who was doing those games and the biases of the people doing them. The FBI also confirmed this. He would know that referee X dislikes San Antonio, so he would use knowledge to bet on the tendencies of referee X. If anything, this shows how pervasive the problem with referees is.

comet_10
04-29-2010, 07:26 AM
fact: home team will always get more calls
fact: the top level teams in any league, any sport all over the world will always get a few favorable calls, they have earnt it.
its not rigged.

the issue the thunder had apart from playing like dogs. was

when there outside game wasnt working, they did what any team will do and tried to get to the line, unfortunately on this day they didnt get the calls and had no means of scoring during La's surge at the start of the game.

Jack Daniels
04-29-2010, 12:35 PM

That's because it's a ******** comparison....

Frezhnitz
04-29-2010, 12:40 PM
what a stupid thread.

NBAfan4life
04-29-2010, 01:09 PM

THIS

Or the spurs winning as much as they do.

But yeah the NBA is rigged :rolleyes:

Raidaz4Life
04-29-2010, 01:12 PM
So no matter what.. if the Lakers win, its rigged?

Of course because it is ridiculously outlandish to think that maybe the better would ACTUALLY win.

Lakerfan In NY
04-29-2010, 01:20 PM

You must not watch Duke or UNC @ home.

Lakerfrk
04-29-2010, 01:20 PM
Actually, thats not correct.

He didnt cheat in how he called the games he did. The FBI looked into this and said as much.

What he did wrong was bet on games knowing who was doing those games and the biases of the people doing them. The FBI also confirmed this. He would know that referee X dislikes San Antonio, so he would use knowledge to bet on the tendencies of referee X. If anything, this shows how pervasive the problem with referees is.

Yes this happened, but you are leaving out the part of the evidence that showed he bet on games that HE reffed.........

JNA17
04-29-2010, 01:23 PM
In the words from the guy on the movie burn after reading....

PSD, "Is in a league of morons"

Lakerfrk
04-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Its embarrassing for you when you say the NBA is rigged...

Do Referees have certain biases towards teams? YES
Do Referees have certain biases towards players? YES

This cannot be avoided. They are human, it happens. When a player yells at you for 20 minutes in a game, you are more likely to either A. give them a call, or B. specifically NOT give them a call, depending on the personality of the referee.

No, the NBA is not rigged, but yes, they do make mistakes. As much as the Lakers 'get' calls, they get 'f'ed a lot of times too... EVERYONE does, EVERY TEAM does.

Just because YOUR team isn't winning, it doesnt mean the NBA is rigged..

and when DEFENSE wins championships, like the Celtics did in 08, the Pistons did in 04, and the Spurs did in 99, 03, 05, and 07, you know that the NBA isn't rigged.

Otherwise, the Suns and Mavericks would have 4 championships by now.

dc5jdm
04-29-2010, 01:43 PM
The simple answer to this is that the thunder didnt get to the line because Westbrook didnt drive to the basket all night. When he drives he gets fouled or the and 1. Also they didnt have many fastbreak opportunies, how do u want them to shoot free throws if they didnt attack.

Ripper Gein
04-29-2010, 02:06 PM
When you are from the GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD!!! it's expected to get a few calls, LOS ANGELES!

Tony_Starks
04-29-2010, 02:20 PM
God forbid the number 1 team in the West should beat the 8th seed. This whole thing is rigged man! Next thing you know they'll be giving Lebron JAmes the MVP or something!!! I can't believe it, this is worse than the Kennedy conspiracy! Lets boycott the NBA until we get a Milwaukee vs Utah finals like it should be!!!!