PDA

View Full Version : How will the Lake show beat down of young Thunder affect the series?

fairandbalanced
04-28-2010, 01:02 AM
Do you think this will mentally affect the Thunder's approach to game 6?

NINER/BLAZER
04-28-2010, 01:07 AM
I think the thunder realize now what their dealing with. Im not a laker fan but I watch plenty and I think most of us know the lakers were not playing seriously the first 4 games. the thunder are going to lose the next game for sure.

Raph12
04-28-2010, 01:12 AM
I say LA takes it in OKC.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-28-2010, 01:14 AM
I think it's going to affect the mindset of the Lakers. But for the worse. They will probably think the Thunder will just roll over now. And we all know they won't. They will lose Friday and win Sunday

Toenail Clipper
04-28-2010, 01:15 AM
Where is everyone else saying that the Thunder is gonna beat the Lakers? SUCH BANDWAGONS!

GoatMilk
04-28-2010, 01:21 AM
a well rested Kobe in a closeout game on the road. i like the Lakers in that

HOWEVER, the Lakers beat the Rockets in game 5 last year by 40 and lost game 6 by like 20+....

These Thunder are resilient and the crowd will be rocking. i think they'll be fine, if the lakers are to win, they're going to have to take it. Thunder aren't rolling over

_KB24_
04-28-2010, 01:23 AM
Yeah, I think Westbrook is going to be the one who will be affected the most. He was completely shut down. I know Durant is going to come out strong in Game 6, but I think Kobe has gotten to Russell. I have the Lakers finishing it out in OKC now.

still1ballin
04-28-2010, 01:29 AM
winner winner chicken dinner!

Avenged
04-28-2010, 01:31 AM
Don't expect the Thunder to just give up.

They're going to come out swinging in game 6 along with their fans.

Lakers just have to take their biggest punch which will come in the opening minutes.

If they can do that, the Lakers will be fine.

sventhedog
04-28-2010, 01:35 AM
the psychological make-up of young teams is not as sturdy as championship teams. although you can contend that they are a unique young team who focuses on defense and are hungry for wins, i think their mentality in these playoffs are still fragile. if a championship team needs to be criticized 3 times before they start having doubts about the team, young teams need only a couple to start changing the way they think.

i hate to say 'i told you so' but i really did. haha.

Iron24th
04-28-2010, 01:42 AM
Don't expect the Thunder to just give up.

They're going to come out swinging in game 6 along with their fans.

Lakers just have to take their biggest punch which will come in the opening minutes.

If they can do that, the Lakers will be fine.

Agree,a start like game 3 would be good if we can keep the lead this time!

blastmasta26
04-28-2010, 01:44 AM
I can see the Thunder bouncing back and taking another game, it just comes down to how focused LA is next game.

tredigs
04-28-2010, 01:48 AM
The Lakers finally pieced together the right gameplan for victory, so that gives them a huge advantage if they keep that together. But the Thunder are probably going to adjust for this and come out much stronger at home (I can't see them replicating that terrible shooting performance). I think they'll probably take game 6 at home. If they do, game 7 will be a blood bath, but I don't see LA losing that one.

FOBolous
04-28-2010, 01:49 AM
wow LA played a good game. this is how LA should play every game...dump the ball inside and utilize of their superior front court players. they have arguably the best front court in the NBA but they tend to under-utilize their front court with them going with Kobe's 43% shooting instead of Gasol and Bynum's 50% shooting. they should continue to focus their offense on Gasol and Bynum and use Kobe to space the floor.

Lakersfan2483
04-28-2010, 01:53 AM
The Thunder are a resilient group and I expect them to be ready to play on Friday. The game will be close, but despite a raucous crowd, I think LA will close them out in 6.

tjlipford
04-28-2010, 01:54 AM
Man some people on here really dont know **** about basketball. They just get caught up in the hype from the media. I never thought that LA would lose in this series. Oklahoma is a young up and coming team but they are NOT BETTER than the Lakers. Just a few days ago people were talking like it was over for LA.

How will the Lake show beat down of young Thunder affect the series?

This series is ****in over

abe_froman
04-28-2010, 01:57 AM
the thunder will come out swinging but the lakers smell blood

domz248
04-28-2010, 01:59 AM
Man some people on here really dont know **** about basketball. They just get caught up in the hype from the media. I never thought that LA would lose in this series. Oklahoma is a young up and coming team but they are NOT BETTER than the Lakers. Just a few days ago people were talking like it was over for LA.

How will the Lake show beat down of young Thunder affect the series?

This series is ****in over

nice post ... see you in the finals

michelangelo
04-28-2010, 02:42 AM
It shows you that Kobe should finally take a backseat to Bynum and Gasol and let his bigs actually touch the basketball.

Kobe is just a half tier below legend status; he can ball. But the stupid things he had to say about a future all star center make him look like a big wet ball of toilet paper.

iggypop123
04-28-2010, 03:16 AM
if the thunder get the refs from game 4 see you sunday for game 7. if its remotely fair it will be interesting. does brooks sacrafice defense for offense? thabo was pathetic.

Bruno
04-28-2010, 05:27 AM
Seemingly healthy Bryant on Westbrook=series over.

I didn't think Kobe had it in his legs until tonight.

lexworld2009
04-28-2010, 07:20 AM
the series I think is OVER, bryant has rested the past two fourth quaters and another 2 days off before game 6, that seems like great news fish & kobe looked very fresh last night, oh and ron ron look to have finally found sum rythm with his stroke i think its OVER and not even a close one

JordansBulls
04-28-2010, 08:16 AM
I'd like to see the Thunder take it 7 personally because I think the Utah vs Denver series will go 7 as well.

PatsSoxKnicks
04-28-2010, 08:48 AM
I think it depends which Laker team shows up. They always win the games they HAVE to win but the games that don't matter as much, like games 3 and 4 and now game 6, the Lakers don't bother to show up and tend to forget they have very skilled big men.

A great example of this was the Rockets series last year, perhaps this series ends up being like that one. So I could see this going to game 7 but if the Lakers do show up, then this will be over in 6. The Thunder will come out ready and playing hard and I have a feeling the Lakers won't want to put in the effort to match it, so they'll just let the series go to game 7, where they'll destroy the Thunder.

For Laker fans, its got to be frustrating to watch because they are a very lazy team, they don't show up half the time, obviously they do when its an important game.

This is why I really would like to see the Lakers lose, I don't want to see a team with this type of attitude win it all again, they don't deserve to win with this attitude, but unfortunately, there's very few teams who can match their skilled big men and when they do decide to play, they're very tough to beat.

king4day
04-28-2010, 09:06 AM
I couldn't believe they went down 10-0 again. I woulda been cursing up a storm if I was an OKC fan. That may be the first time in NBA history that's happened.

After that game, I see LA winning game 6 in a back and forth contest. OKC was just awful yesterday and LA made excellent adjustments, forcing them to be a jumpshooting team.

avrpatsfan
04-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Lakers in 7

Fool
04-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Lakers will survive the crowd of OKC and win the series.

Carey
04-28-2010, 10:18 AM
We have a fearless team, they will respond in game 6. Will we win? Idk, the Lakers really made some good adjustments. They were able to put Kobe on Westbrook and blow the game out of reach before Russ was able to get him in foul trouble or wear him down. The other guys just have to hit open shots, Krstic has to hit his jumpers to stay in the game, Jeff has to give us something, Thabo has to hit open shots. The Lakers D was very good but we missed alot of makeable shots. Part of it is just the fact that we are an average offensive at best that still has to grow at this point.

dukejazz
04-28-2010, 10:21 AM
OKC Couldnt buy a call last night though. I'm a jazz fan so i'm not showing homerism. I thought okc really attacked and whatever the lakers did was clean everytime.

PatsSoxKnicks
04-28-2010, 10:36 AM
OKC Couldnt buy a call last night though. I'm a jazz fan so i'm not showing homerism. I thought okc really attacked and whatever the lakers did was clean everytime.

Yeah the Lakers were allowed to mug the Thunder in that game yesterday. The officiating in this series has been very very inconsistent. I understand HCA but there shouldn't be that drastic of a change in officiating when in LA compared to when in OKC.

CowboysKB24
04-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Thunder isn't giving up, but I think the Lakers are going to end the series next game.

G-Funk
04-28-2010, 11:15 AM
man some people on here really dont know **** about basketball. They just get caught up in the hype from the media. I never thought that la would lose in this series. Oklahoma is a young up and coming team but they are not better than the lakers. Just a few days ago people were talking like it was over for la.

how will the lake show beat down of young thunder affect the series?

this series is ****in over

lol

RipVW
04-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Sometimes when you win easy, its too easy and you have to be careful about the next game.